Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What profession would you like your son or daughter to take?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doctor

    7 38.89%
  • Engineer

    3 16.67%
  • Teacher

    2 11.11%
  • Army

    1 5.56%
  • Police

    0 0%
  • Other

    5 27.78%
Results 1 to 53 of 53
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,583
    Mentioned
    1559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    What profession would you like your son or daughter to take?

    We all know what I am talking about! The Asian culture seems to look down upon anything other than medicine or engineering as a possible career choice - ok throw in accountancy as well!

    Where do you stand now or will stand in the future on this topic?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,583
    Mentioned
    1559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Think we should take into account the child's aspirations and skills when discussing careers - blindly choosing one or the other is wrong!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,433
    Mentioned
    1328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Engineer like myself, my dad and older brother.

    Obviously you need to have the 'knack' to be an engineer. Some people become engineers but you can tell they don't have their heart in it and hence they are generally chalaoo kaam juggaro engineers. If I see the kid isn't that into it then he/she would be open to explore other careers.

    However, a strict no-no on careers in arts etc because that just doesn't put food on the table. They can explore arts and craft as a hobby, not as a full-time career.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,341
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not that I intend to have kids but, hypothetically, if I do end up with one it'd be pretty cool to have a professional gamer for a son/daughter.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    8,067
    Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Military/Law enforcement.


    Approach me like you're hard, Imma bank you.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,574
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Whatever he/she wishes to be they can be..

    But I have always at some point of my life been fascinated by the below professions and wanted/wished I was in them:

    CIA
    Football player
    Boxer/MMA fighter/Wrestler
    Cricketer
    Politician
    Rock band vocalist/guitarist
    Mafia
    Inmate in a prison

    All these are professions I wanted to be due to some people I wanted to be like growing up, and since I could not fulfil any of these I would want my children if they are interested in any of these professions to go in them..

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,620
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A politician. A revolutionary. A lawyer. A scholar. That would be nice. Whatever they want but it must serve two purposes.
    1) They develop a pyschopathic mindset to be the best in their field and not be lethargic.
    2) Their field must help the downtrodden.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    10,973
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't study/get a job just to buy that big house or own a nice Ferrari.

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,133
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tattoo artist...especially if they are good with art...
    The kind of money a good artist can make and the amount of travel they can do would be great...you can pretty much live wherever you want and make way above average...

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    13,297
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anything that they feel they're good at and will enjoy doing as a professional career.


    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Engineer like myself, my dad and older brother.

    Obviously you need to have the 'knack' to be an engineer. Some people become engineers but you can tell they don't have their heart in it and hence they are generally chalaoo kaam juggaro engineers. If I see the kid isn't that into it then he/she would be open to explore other careers.

    However, a strict no-no on careers in arts etc because that just doesn't put food on the table. They can explore arts and craft as a hobby, not as a full-time career.
    A genuine question:

    In the UK, when applying to study at university, you apply to study a specific degree course. In the case of 'engineering', that can be applying to study:

    Civil Engineering,
    or Mechanical Engineering,
    or Chemical Engineering
    or Electrical Engineering
    or Electronic Engineering
    or ....or .....(in fact, you usually have to be more specific even than that, and apply for a particular subset of those mentioned above). As you can see, 'Engineering' is just a generic term, meaningless on it's own.

    So when you say someone wishes to study to become an 'Engineer' in Pakistan what does it mean in relation to above?


    “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,433
    Mentioned
    1328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Anything that they feel they're good at and will enjoy doing as a professional career.


    A genuine question:

    In the UK, when applying to study at university, you apply to study a specific degree course. In the case of 'engineering', that can be applying to study:

    Civil Engineering,
    or Mechanical Engineering,
    or Chemical Engineering
    or Electrical Engineering
    or Electronic Engineering
    or ....or .....(in fact, you usually have to be more specific even than that, and apply for a particular subset of those mentioned above). As you can see, 'Engineering' is just a generic term, meaningless on it's own.

    So when you say someone wishes to study to become an 'Engineer' in Pakistan what does it mean in relation to above?
    IDK how it works in Pakistan because I didn't study there. In Canada you apply for specific type of engineering like you mentioned.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    13,297
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Tattoo artist...especially if they are good with art...
    The kind of money a good artist can make and the amount of travel they can do would be great...you can pretty much live wherever you want and make way above average...
    Around here, plumbers, gas engineers and household electricians probably make more than any profession you can think of, considering how difficult they are to get hold of and the amount they charge for call-out, plus the hourly rate. I'm talking of 60+ pounds for call-out plus 60+ pounds rate per hour (+ 20% VAT (tax)) just for a plumber. More for electricians and gas engineers.

    It's partly due to the fact that only a qualified and registered gas engineer can do any work on any gas appliances in your home. Similarly, only a qualified and registered electrician can do any electrical work in your kitchen or bathroom, or on the outside of your house that is open to the elements.


    “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    9,987
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will decide after observing their strengths and weaknesses for a few years, i don't want to impose anything on them so they will be free to make their own decisions but i will still guide them to choose something that matches their strengths.

    On side note: How time has changed, i still remember discussing what career we should choose for ourselves on PP not long ago

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,967
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter to me.

    You'd hope to raise a child who can make these decisions on his/her own. It's wonderful to offer guidance from time to time but setting preferences is unwarranted.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,433
    Mentioned
    1328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Doesn't matter to me.

    You'd hope to raise a child who can make these decisions on his/her own. It's wonderful to offer guidance from time to time but setting preferences is unwarranted.
    Well being a king your kids won't have any monetary issues but for us peasants our children need to go into occupations that actually put food on the table

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,009
    Mentioned
    739 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Whatever they might want.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,839
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Accounting.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    8,067
    Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Military/Law enforcement.
    Obviously, I won't be forcing them in any way. Just wanted to clarify after rereading my own post.


    Approach me like you're hard, Imma bank you.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,967
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Well being a king your kids won't have any monetary issues but for us peasants our children need to go into occupations that actually put food on the table
    You have caught me.

    My children don't have a choice.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    18,017
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whatever it is they are passionate about.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    18,017
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    A politician. A revolutionary. A lawyer. A scholar. That would be nice. Whatever they want but it must serve two purposes.
    1) They develop a pyschopathic mindset to be the best in their field and not be lethargic.
    2) Their field must help the downtrodden.
    This one right here.

    If they love what they do, if they are passionate about it, if they wanna be the best, they can and WILL succeed in whatever profession/field they choose to do so.

    Whether it may be Law, Medicine, Engineering, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Arts, Sports, or anything else.

    People love certain stuff but they just aren't willing to take the risks, the pain, and the sacrifices to go delve into it; hence they settle for something safer.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,620
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iHammad View Post
    This one right here.

    If they love what they do, if they are passionate about it, if they wanna be the best, they can and WILL succeed in whatever profession/field they choose to do so.

    Whether it may be Law, Medicine, Engineering, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Arts, Sports, or anything else.

    People love certain stuff but they just aren't willing to take the risks, the pain, and the sacrifices to go delve into it; hence they settle for something safer.
    It's something to be noted in all the great personalities. It's why kids love sportsmen and not 9-5 guys. Because the sportsmen have the ability to follow their dreams or their desires.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,605
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Next generation of kids will be needing a PHD just to get a living wage job

    So yeah a phd in math or engineering with a career in research

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    460
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mankind need all sorts of education not just one or the other kind because then who is going to provide the essential services for human community?

    This is why it is stupid to think one kind of education is better than any other. A machine is as good as its needed smallest part without which it cannot function.

    People need to learn about the solid moral base so that they could then use their skills as they should rather than the way they should not. Without solid moral foundation human beings have been proving their own worst enemies and no professional qualification can change that.

    Without solid moral base we are only learning to be cleverer than each other to put each other down. It is like learning new skills for picking pockets or stealing things of each other or robbing each other in a better or easier way. This is why human society is badly imbalanced and as a result so many people are suffering through out the world. It is clear proof that mere professional educating does not provide mankind with basis it needs for unity, peace, progress and prosperity as a proper human community.

    Even charities are for fooling the poor, the weak or the needy. Giving people false hope by way of tokenism. All because our mindsets, attitudes and behaviour are not based upon any worthy solid foundation. Why solid moral foundation is absolutely necessary? It is because unless we have right beliefs to begin with our actions cannot be right and our wrong actions will become our wrong habits and wrong habits will become our wrong personalities. If we want to have right personalities then we must have right beliefs so that we act right and get used to right habits and that will bring about needed right kind of changes for human societies which will eliminate all sorts of wrong doing by people against each other. Without having your thoughts to this level you are only digging your own grave as well as of your near and dear ones.

    Many doctors and engineers etc etc are murdered by other people all because human societies are terribly fractured. It is time for us to start thinking about learning the kind of knowledge that can help us repair our damaged human societies. Only and only then all our professional education will also become highly valuable because we will decide as a proper human community as to what sort of things our society needs for its unity, peace, progress and prosperity. That is what will bring us blissful, dignified and secure existence in this world as well as in hereafter.

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,133
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Around here, plumbers, gas engineers and household electricians probably make more than any profession you can think of, considering how difficult they are to get hold of and the amount they charge for call-out, plus the hourly rate. I'm talking of 60+ pounds for call-out plus 60+ pounds rate per hour (+ 20% VAT (tax)) just for a plumber. More for electricians and gas engineers.

    It's partly due to the fact that only a qualified and registered gas engineer can do any work on any gas appliances in your home. Similarly, only a qualified and registered electrician can do any electrical work in your kitchen or bathroom, or on the outside of your house that is open to the elements.
    I once asked a tattoo artist in Poland if he could tattoo me...his rates are 2000 euros a day...he's a Moldovan who travels around the world...the price was too high...and he had a waiting list a year long...

    My current artist charges 400 euros a day which are mates rates...considering the average salary is 200 euros a month where he lives he makes a killing at home...and abroad he charges 1000 a day...and has managed to go to 8 different countries this year...choose his own schedule etc...take holidays when he wants...

    If you're good it's a very nice lifestyle to have...and there is genuine satisfaction in seeing the results of something you have created...

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,096
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doctor or Teacher.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 14th December 2017 at 10:29.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    13,297
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Asian University




    “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    7,758
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anything their heart desires, I'll fully support them.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,583
    Mentioned
    1559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Whatever they might want.
    easy to say that.

    My view is simple - your profession has to earn you what is needed to maintain a certain lifestyle.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,409
    Mentioned
    4362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Something halal with loads of money obviously so I can benefit more then anything

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    7,798
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that is not ethically or morally wrong and benefits the society i.e A teacher or a doctor.

    But filhaal apne career ke baare mai sochna hai :p

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,583
    Mentioned
    1559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Something halal with loads of money obviously so I can benefit more then anything
    Cant get more halal than a doctor!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,409
    Mentioned
    4362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Cant get more halal than a doctor!
    To be fair those poor blokes are always complaining about pay! and young doctors especially get the short end of the stick, the current environment has been cruel to them with all the cuts. How about an Optometrist or Dentist? always in demand, flexible working hours and your earning potential in a short space of time is incredible


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,133
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Something that is not ethically or morally wrong and benefits the society i.e A teacher or a doctor.

    But filhaal apne career ke baare mai sochna hai :p
    English teaching as a foreign language is great but I would never recommend my child doing a PGCE and teaching at an actual school...it's just not a good life...

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,380
    Mentioned
    4306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    However, a strict no-no on careers in arts etc because that just doesn't put food on the table. They can explore arts and craft as a hobby, not as a full-time career.
    That's an outdated concept. These days, anything puts food on the table provided that you are good at what you are doing.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,380
    Mentioned
    4306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I am not a fan of family members ending up in the same profession. Unfortunately it is very prominent with doctors in Pakistan - if the dad is a doctor, the kids follow suit 90% of the time.

    I hope to buck the trend. My dad and brother are not doctors, and I hope that if I have kids in the future, they would not fall for my profession. I do not regret my career choice, but I would like them to opt for a different field. Nonetheless, their aptitude is all that matters in the end. As parents, you can only guide them - it is a journey that they have to walk on their own.

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    10,973
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    easy to say that.

    My view is simple - your profession has to earn you what is needed to maintain a certain lifestyle.
    What if you don't want to live a lavish lifestyle?

    I've never seen a wealthy doctor living in a small house, with a basic car. (Simple lifestyle)

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,583
    Mentioned
    1559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    What if you don't want to live a lavish lifestyle?

    I've never seen a wealthy doctor living in a small house, with a basic car. (Simple lifestyle)
    Good point - you have docs who work for MSF etc - live in tents, serve the poor etc


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    444
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if I am ever going to have them, but if they exist, I would want them to do what they love instead of imposing my desire. Sure I will tell them that computing (my field) is pretty much saturated and behind in Pakistan, but whatever they wanna do, it should be their call.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,648
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Want one of them to play for Pakistan cricket team, wouldn't force this idea on my sons but if they show interest then definitely would motivate them to work hard.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,210
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just in Pakistan, even here in USA, its always easy for a female doctor to get a good rishta

  42. #42
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting question - being a new a father I remember having this discussion with my partner about whether we would want them to follow in our footsteps (Surgery and Managament Consultancy respectively) and based on our career to date, I would say that more important than choice is to choose a path that they are passionate about, coupled with a drive to succeed no matter the challenge, to never be afraid to think outside the box, challenge the convention and strive to be the best at what they do.

    It served me pretty well

  43. #43
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,246
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Whatever he/she wishes to be they can be..

    But I have always at some point of my life been fascinated by the below professions and wanted/wished I was in them:

    CIA
    Football player
    Boxer/MMA fighter/Wrestler
    Cricketer
    Politician
    Rock band vocalist/guitarist
    Mafia
    Inmate in a prison

    All these are professions I wanted to be due to some people I wanted to be like growing up, and since I could not fulfil any of these I would want my children if they are interested in any of these professions to go in them..
    I absolutely love how you've stated "inmate in a prison" in a list of professions. Amazing.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,246
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, I'm probably the only one who doesn't want kids.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,757
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anything which my child enjoys.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    665
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son is 6 and wants to be a zookeeper and I will support his choice. Being so young it will probably change but I will encourage him to do what he enjoys.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    292
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's too early too say but I would like him to be an entrepreneur or a Scientist.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    6,941
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desi people just love doctors and engineers. Its either one of them or nothing.

    People fail to understand that every profession in the world is connected - if one fails all of them will fail.

    I have respect for every profession - whether you are a cleaner, a bus driver, a pilot, a courier or a construction worker. Keep doing good work.


    The Underdogs

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,574
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    I absolutely love how you've stated "inmate in a prison" in a list of professions. Amazing.


    Hahaha well not a profession but you get the idea what I meant..

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,246
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Hahaha well not a profession but you get the idea what I meant..
    I'm assuming you are a "Shawshank redemption", "Prison Break", and possibly "Orange is the new black" fan. And yes, I get what you have stated.


    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    8,025
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Anything they want, as long as it does not breach our morals.

    Whatever they do, they should be good at it, and enjoy it.


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,583
    Mentioned
    1559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Anything they want, as long as it does not breach our morals.

    Whatever they do, they should be good at it, and enjoy it.
    Very tough as a parent to see kids not succeed or be prosperous.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever they want, just be pretty damn good at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •