[VIDEO] Advert for the upcoming South Africa vs India series - "Lenge 25 saal ka badla"

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Advert for the upcoming South Africa vs India series - "Lenge 25 saal ka badla"

The cringe is back ladies and gentlemen. After the epic success of Advertisements like "Angreezon ki pungi" and "Aane Do", another masterpiece from the BCCI brand of jingoist marketing. Why can't BCCI and these broadcasters be sedate for once before a tough series?

"bhagwaan ke apmann ka"

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lol at 25 saal ka hisaab. We are getting good at making a mockery of ourselves these days.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lol at 25 saal ka hisaab. We are getting good at making a mockery of ourselves these days.
    The cringe is "Bhagwaan ka apmaan" referring to the Mike Denness incident. How poor can these guys get?

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    TWhy can't BCCI and these broadcasters be sedate for once before a tough series?

"bhagwaan ke apmann ka"

Because they're smart and know that people like you wouldn't pass on the clicks and views if it sedate.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    Because they're smart and know that people like you wouldn't pass on the clicks and views if it sedate.
    I actually saw it for the first time on TV, I wish I hadn't tbh.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrible and pathetic ad.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm not too sure if things will backfire for India in this series, they look pretty tough under Kohli in ODI's and their top order is the best in the world comfortably in addition to having Pandya who will swing at everything down the order.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This should be taken lightly. It is just sports and its good to get some banter going.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... kati huwey Mooch ka badla
    These guys are going nuts

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I must confess I didn't watch the advert.

This stuff is too cringe worthy for me.

But these people never learn

The expected phainta by Saffers will be epic now

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now people will behave as if Indian cricketers are making these ads by themselves, guys chill, it is a big business and the broadcasters will do anything to increase TRPs.....its all about money

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broadcasters should stop making these adverts.Cringeworthy to another level.Aik baar karo sahi,baar baar acha nahi lagta.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post
    Now people will behave as if Indian cricketers are making these ads by themselves, guys chill, it is a big business and the broadcasters will do anything to increase TRPs.....its all about money
    India players did take part in the Aane Do ads though, unfortunately that didn't turn out so well. Although I get your point, they just do what their board tells them to do so can't really be blamed.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how Indian batsman are gonna score against that attack in tests.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends if the tracks are flat or not.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    The cringe is "Bhagwaan ka apmaan" referring to the Mike Denness incident. How poor can these guys get?
    I thought it was getting Tendulkar out.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused. Is this ad showcasing india's poor record against South Africa or hyping up the fans to get more buys

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    The ball-tampering charges? Lol.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does getting Kohli out also count as an "apmaan"?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These ads are getting very boring . If anything it is giving ammunition to detractors when the eventual hiding happens.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Ultimate destruction coming up! Whitewashes all around!
    #Go proteas
    #Destroy them
    #No mercy

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Horrible ads...Not sure why they even bother. This is a cricket series and not a cheesy bollywood movie.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian team =/= Star Sports

Latter pay a ridiculous amount for the rights and if going all-in on the cringe gets them the ratings, fair play.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cringeworthy

After the initial success with Mauka Mauka, Star Sports are just doing it for almost every series. They should stop hyping up so much, just have a casual informative Ad. But then no one will talk about if Star made casual Ad. The whole point of such Ads is to rile up some fans as well catch attention.

Seems like they have managed to do just that.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Cringeworthy

After the initial success with Mauka Mauka, Star Sports are just doing it for almost every series. They should stop hyping up so much, just have a casual informative Ad. But then no one will talk about if Star made casual Ad. The whole point of such Ads is to rile up some fans as well catch attention.

Isn't this AD by TEN ?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    I have no idea how Indian batsman are gonna score against that attack in tests.
    The last time we visited sa our batsmen did well, bowling is our prime concern. On last tour the combined experience of our top 6 was 42 matches, this time we have a experienced squad and they will surely perform better. Hope our bowlers support them.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thses ads are just meant to increase the audience, no one takes them seriously.
    Indian media is so good in making these ads, that "mauka mauka" ad just added a flavour to the games. Although these ads often backfire.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    South Africa better not give the Indians flat roads to appease the BCCI.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    South Africa better not give the Indians flat roads to appease the BCCI.
    Don't worry if indians score good runs all pitches automatically turn into flat pitches.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Don't worry if indians score good runs all pitches automatically turn into flat pitches.
    And that runs will be soft.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Can the OP tell how is BCCI or the players or the team responsible for this?

I understand his need to drag India through the mud for the slightest excuse but this is not even a excuse.The broadcaster has made a AD and put it on TV.This series isnt BCCI's home series either.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest I expect an evenly matched contest.

India is a side which has a graph on a steep high and SAF is a side which has a graph pointing downwards for some time now in tests.

I expect India to give good fight to SAF and wont be surprised if they walk away with a drawn or won series.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Cover View Post
    To be honest I expect an evenly matched contest.

India is a side which has a graph on a steep high and SAF is a side which has a graph pointing downwards for some time now in tests.

I expect India to give good fight to SAF and wont be surprised if they walk away with a drawn or won series.
    The team selection will be decider for Indians. If they play an all pace attack with one spinner to rotate the pacers then they can give a good fight.

In the end, it's all about taking 20 wickets

True.
    Steyn went wicketless in FC return game.
    Last edited by WhenSultansBowled; 21st December 2017 at 12:35.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, 'Mauka Mauka' was very cool, had decent cinematography and a good story. But this just seemed like an insult to Indian cricket in itself. Hilarious.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cringeworthy

Initial? Weren't "Pungi" and "Aane Do" the two initial campaigns and both backfired big time? Mauka has been the only success in the middle of many embarrassing failures.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Initial? Weren't "Pungi" and "Aane Do" the two initial campaigns and both backfired big time? Mauka has been the only success in the middle of many embarrassing failures.
    How was Mauka a success? The Indians got humbled bigly in the semi-final, with their star player pulling off one of the greatest chokes of all time.

1(13).

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I feel bad for Indian fans.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    How was Mauka a success? The Indians got humbled bigly in the semi-final, with their star player pulling off one of the greatest chokes of all time.

1(13).
    Mauka was targeted only at Pakistan and they won the match against us so in a way it was a success . Also the Mauka ad was actually funny unlike Aana do or this one.
    Last edited by Professor; 22nd December 2017 at 05:06.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Stupid ad and stupid marketing plan by Star. Not sure who works in their Advertising and marketing divisions. They need to fired.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Stupid ad and stupid marketing plan by Star. Not sure who works in their Advertising and marketing divisions. They need to fired.
    Is this current AD by Star or Ten sports?

Someone mentioned its Ten.

i dont really know much, as im not in India. We get all the cricket coverage on Willow Tv in Canada and good think no such cringeworthy promos.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe i have missed those Ads but i dont remember them as im not in India. The only reason i remember Mauka Mauka was due to many fans making their own version of “Mauka” on youtube mocking each other.

Im personally not a fan of such hyped up promos as it often backfires. A simple informative or creative Ad like they did for India v Pakistan game in CT was pretty great and innovative without actually taking a dig. I would be all for hyping up Team India if we were champion team like Aussies of 2000s. But current team will need lot of luck to avoid whitewash. I just hope like past, this one doesnt come back to bite us.

#25_saal_Ka_Badla_Adhura_Rahjayega

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as cheesy as that the ad is, the Bollywood-loving Indian people eat that kind of stuff up

I bet this commercial does the job, gets people tuned in

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    I thought it was getting Tendulkar out.
    No, it is the Mike Denness - Ball tampering incident. Lol, why would someone take badla for getting him out!
    They (TEN) don't own the footage of that test series in 2001, so obviously could not show that. This is milking jingoism to the max. Hope the guy doesn't get to make another one of these!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Is this current AD by Star or Ten sports?

Someone mentioned its Ten.

i dont really know much, as im not in India. We get all the cricket coverage on Willow Tv in Canada and good think no such cringeworthy promos.
    Don't care who it is at the moment as I am not in India as well. The ad is stupid and whoever came up with the idea needs to be fired. Ten or Star does not matter.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    coping mechanism.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    as cheesy as that the ad is, the Bollywood-loving Indian people eat that kind of stuff up

I bet this commercial does the job, gets people tuned in
    Bollywood loving Indian people are too less these days. I personally don't care those.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, that was hilarious.

Bhagwan ka apman

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So from Aane do and mauka mauka to this. I guess no publicity is bad publicity.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Itís done by private sports channels to get viewers take notice of the poor record in SA and how Indian team should avenge the defeats.

Nothing to do with BCCI or players. I doubt they even saw the Ad.

Ageeed that the Ad is cringeworthy. The idiot who made this should be kicked in his rear.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No matter how much you hype Ind-SA series is always going to be a boring one.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post

Yes this. I was waiting for someone to speak the obvious. It's not like Kohli and Rohit made this in their basement to gloat or something. It's called business and the biggest consumers are the Indian fans themselves, so you can't just have a match happening and not advertise about it. It's called marketing if no ones heard of the term.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1(13).
    The success of an advert from the point of view of its makers is not dependent upon whether India wins or loses, it is dependent upon whether more people are motivated to turn on their TVs thus making the network more money.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The success of an advert from the point of view of its makers is not dependent upon whether India wins or loses, it is dependent upon whether more people are motivated to turn on their TVs thus making the network more money.
    People having hard time Understanding the difference between an AD campaign and the actual outcome of the sport.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 23rd December 2017 at 03:40.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Horrible ads...Not sure why they even bother. This is a cricket series and not a cheesy bollywood movie.
    And here is the one by South Africa - a few lessons for Indian media here in how its done.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    And here is the one by South Africa - a few lessons for Indian media here in how its done.

But according to some jingoists, this ad wouldn't make people tune into the series like that "25 saal ka hisab ad" would.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Wow!! Such a beautiful ad! Shame on BCCI for approving that absolute filth to promote what could be a very good series.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing can beat that ĎAne doí ad.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant stuff.

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stark difference in class.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This series Broadcaster is Ten sports. As they don't get to telecast High profile Indian matches as India doesn't play Pakistan in dubai and only other high profile team they have rights of are South Africa, So my guess is they don't want to leave any stone unturned in getting audience hooked up to the boxes. Cheap way of flocking in the numbers I think.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats how it should be done....

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a beautiful way of promoting a cricket series. This is the way it should be done.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    No matter how much you hype Ind-SA series is always going to be a boring one.
    I find it very watchable, its a shame the crowds are so poor.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1(13).
    Never missed a chance to bash a specific player as of legend Pakistani batsmen never failed in a single match let alone whole tournaments/ WCs......lol

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Hope the video makers are ok?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa se poora hisab leh rahain hain Virat saab and co

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flat track Bullies are gonna do what they do best. 😂

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA 12/3 including Amla against Indian attack----great batsmen

IND 28/3 in SA against top bowling ---FTBs

Biased or plain bitterness???

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    25 Saal Ka Badla, 25 minute may hogaya pattla

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Video makers donít care if India wins. They only care if people are watching the series. That indicates the success of their Ad campaign. Itís all about Dollars and revenue.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They have embarrassed the sensible Indians and even the not so sensible ones.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    embarassing stuff from indian side while SA has shown the class even in Ad.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What does "25 saal ka hisab"/ "Lenge 25 saal ka badla" mean?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    kati huwi moonch

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Revenge for 25 years, basically.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Maybe in the next match.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Maybe in the next match.
    Nice touch to grab screenshot Kati hui mooch abhi ugi nahi toh kahan se badla lenge... May be 4 saal mein ug jaayegi

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Toh hisab chukta samjhe ab?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hisaab 25 Saal Ka

This is how we took a revenge of all those humiliations(as they called it) by getting humiliated again in South Africa. Fittey muh.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Boy Oh Boy. This is gonna be bad