Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Rohit Sharma the most entertaining modern day batsmen?

Thoughts?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is one the most entertaining players , but not the most .

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For sustained hitting Rohit, ABDV, Gayle when in the zone. He is six hitting monster. His six per innings in ODI is better than Afridi or Gayle or ABDV. Unlike Afridi he is so easy on the eye.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Flat pitches and against minnow attacks...He is

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, i think it is Pujara, especially that innings in Lords.. Man that was savage

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia no minnows. He made. 200 plus against them hitting 16 sixes.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Really enjoy this guy's batting.

He's such a natural strokemaker and very pleasing on the eye.

Once he's in, that's it, he's very difficult to remove.

Best advice is - get him early.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    No, i think it is Pujara, especially that innings in Lords.. Man that was savage
    Yup that was.He faced 200 balls in that test.Some of the indian batsmen would be Lucky to survive for even 20 balls on that pitch
    Last edited by Savage; 23rd December 2017 at 00:59.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    On Flat pitches and against minnow attacks...He is
    He can dominate quality pacers too

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very very good player.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once he's set, there aren't many more who are entertaining. Fabulous LO batsmen.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Really enjoy this guy's batting.

He's such a natural strokemaker and very pleasing on the eye.

Once he's in, that's it, he's very difficult to remove.

Best advice is - get him early.
    Amir does a wonderful job at that. He always removes Rohit for nothing on the first couple of overs.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, he can get into a zone where, bar maybe ABD, I've not seen many batsman go. Makes everything look elegant and effortless. Has the classical eye catching style but also a 7th gear, insanely gifted batsman.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    When in the zone, there is no one better IMO.

Kohli and AB don't hold a candle then.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Most? I don't find him entertaining at all. Would much rather watch Kohli, Rahul or Pandya go to work.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First 8 balls 10 runs

Next 27 balls 91 runs. 27 balls 12 sixes !!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the highlights of his batting.
    Man that was some insane hitting, most of sixes were landing in tier 2 stands and some even tier 3.

Lanka been demolished here by Captain Sharma.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Just saw the highlights of his batting.
    Man that was some insane hitting, most of sixes were landing in tier 2 stands and some even tier 3.

Lanka been demolished here by Captain Sharma.
    Actually KL Rahuls's sixes were breathtaking as well. In any other match it would have been the highlight of the innings. Rohit managed to eclipse him.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Actually KL Rahuls's sixes were breathtaking as well. In any other match it would have been the highlight of the innings. Rohit managed to eclipse him.
    I didnt get to see Rahul's batting. As on youtube i only managed to get Rohit's innings. But maybe ill try to catch the entire match highlights.

I have always supported Rahul and wanted him to be part of our ODI setup as well instead of TTF Karthick. I hope Rahul now manages to secure his spot in Indian lineup.

Imagine this lineup in WC 19

Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rahul
    Iyer/ Pandey
    Pandya
    Dhoni/Pant

Wish we could somehow get Pant in our lower order and we would have devastating lineup that can match blows with blows.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    I didnt get to see Rahul's batting. As on youtube i only managed to get Rohit's innings. But maybe ill try to catch the entire match highlights.

I have always supported Rahul and wanted him to be part of our ODI setup as well instead of TTF Karthick. I hope Rahul now manages to secure his spot in Indian lineup.

Imagine this lineup in WC 19

Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rahul
    Iyer/ Pandey
    Pandya
    Dhoni/Pant

Wish we could somehow get Pant in our lower order and we would have devastating lineup that can match blows with blows.
    http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/5989/in...0i-super-sixes

watch here. Just watch the way KL Rahul brings down the bat. It is poetry in motion. Amazing to watch.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin described him well "painting those big hits like an artist"

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Sharma is a quality player but has not showed his performances in knockouts unlike Dhawan. He is still a tremendous player and a 35 ball ton is nothing to scoff at.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    Sharma is a quality player but has not showed his performances in knockouts unlike Dhawan. He is still a tremendous player and a 35 ball ton is nothing to scoff at.
    I am not sure Dhawan made any impactful innings in T20 knock outs.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No...Aamir says different ☝🏽

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When on song, he goes to ABD mode, simply far more destructive than Kohli and anyone else.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't care about his stats nor where he scores on flat or on green but i do enjoy watching him bat more than vk for sure.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but only he gets going. I find Kohli and Rahul more entertaining in the Indian team. Overall, Warner is by far the most entertaining cricketer.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    He can dominate quality pacers too
    Which ones?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A useful and competent flat track bully.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope AB provides more entertainment per innings, Rohit is a FTB and his innings for early part is boring to watch.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Which ones?
    Yes rohit hasnt proved himself in swinging conditions but if you say that he struggles against quality fast bowlers then you are definitely wrong.Some of his good innings against quality pacers are
    1.106 vs sa (rabada abott tahir morris)
    2. 150 vs sa(steyn rabada morne tahir)
    3.209 against(Mckay,coulter nile,watson,faulkner)Clint mckay was consistently ranked amongst top 10 bowlers at that time.
    4.141 against johnson mckay watson faulkner
    This is more than enough to prove u wrong.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Yes rohit hasnt proved himself in swinging conditions but if you say that he struggles against quality fast bowlers then you are definitely wrong.Some of his good innings against quality pacers are
    3.209 against(Mckay,coulter nile,watson,faulkner)Clint mckay was consistently ranked amongst top 10 bowlers at that time.
    His 137-138 vs aus in tri series (2015) was one of the best innings he has played till now when starc was on fire.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    To be honest yes, he's up there. Been a fan of his batting since I saw him play for the Deccan Chargers in IPL 1/2.

...Except against us, he can't do jack.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which ones?
    Maybe not amir.That's probably because he doesn't consider him as quality bowler.He struggles in swinging condition which is not surprising.

I can only provide instances to support my claim.In 2010 T20WC,He played terrific innings of 79*(46) while india were all-out for 135.He scored runs against Nannes,Tait and Johnson in that match.He also dominated Peak johnson in 2013 odi series.Johnson failed to dismiss him even once while Sharma managed to score more than 500 runs in that series.In 2015,He again scored century against Aussies in MCG.M starc took 6 wickets while Sharma scored more than 50% of india's total.He also scored T20 century against SA attack(which included Rabada)later that year.Scored most runs in that ODI series for india against SA(which included Steyn,Rabada and Morkel).Even in recent odi series against Australia,He dominated Cummins and N coulternile(bowled really well in that series) while Kohli failed to hit more than 2 boundary against them in that series.

I think that's enough to suggest he can dominate Quality pacers.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe not amir.That's probably because he doesn't consider him as quality bowler.He struggles in swinging condition which is not surprising.

I can only provide instances to support my claim.In 2010 T20WC,He played terrific innings of 79*(46) while india were all-out for 135.He scored runs against Nannes,Tait and Johnson in that match.He also dominated Peak johnson in 2013 odi series.Johnson failed to dismiss him even once while Sharma managed to score more than 500 runs in that series.In 2015,He again scored century against Aussies in MCG.M starc took 6 wickets while Sharma scored more than 50% of india's total.He also scored T20 century against SA attack(which included Rabada)later that year.Scored most runs in that ODI series for india against SA(which included Steyn,Rabada and Morkel).Even in recent odi series against Australia,He dominated Cummins and N coulternile(bowled really well in that series) while Kohli failed to hit more than 2 boundary against them in that series.

I think that's enough to suggest he can dominate Quality pacers.
    Okay.. The one against Starc was arguably his best ever inning in Melbourne. His 150 against Steyn in India was another high quality one. Yes, the pitches were flat but he played excellent innings and credit for that. There are other instances too. He got runs Vs Boult and others too.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I never made any argument in the first place.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are other instances too. He got runs Vs Boult and others too.
    Tbh i don't think he dominated Boult and also Boult was average in recent series.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope not this FTB there are plenty way more entertaining batsman AB is best in this aspect! Nobody comes close to AB!!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay.. The one against Starc was arguably his best ever inning in Melbourne. His 150 against Steyn in India was another high quality one. Yes, the pitches were flat but he played excellent innings and credit for that. There are other instances too. He got runs Vs Boult and others too.
    Did u even see that 150 match against SA ? Dont just simply say It was a flat pitch. Its ok not to like somebody. But to degrade even his best knocks is not called for.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Did u even see that 150 match against SA ? Dont just simply say It was a flat pitch. Its ok not to like somebody. But to degrade even his best knocks is not called for.
    THe word "flat wicket" is used willy nilly.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To digress between Rohit and Rahul, Rahul was aesthetically better with his sixes compared to Rohit in this match. He is so good to watch when he hits sixes.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    I don't understand what are you saying. Anyways, I am not degrading anyone.

But I can't do much when there is so much of insecurity among fans for their players.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lala was the most entertaining batsman of the last three decades.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Rohit Sharma is a bit of complicated fellow.

Watching him gives you a pukka FTB vibe. When something is there in the pitch, he really really struggles.

However if you dig deep into his career, he actually has played good knocks against quality bowlers on good pitches:

1. One of his best knocks was against Herath on a heavy turner in WI-SL-India tri series final.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...nation-series/

2. Another one was against Starc (who took a 6fer that game) on a lively ODI pitch in Carlton series

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...dia-2nd-match/

3. Another good knock was against SA where everyone else was struggling with Rohit scoring 150 at 100 SR (Dhoni too scored 30 odd at 100 SR but that's a misleading knock...Dhoni actually lost us the match - others did too one can say)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...india-2015-16/

4. Another one was in 4th ODI against England in Mohali where we chased down 257. It was a good pitch with the ball doing a bit.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/5...-tour-of-India

5. The most important knock of his career was WC QF vs Bangladesh where he scored a crucial 100 (the pitch wasn't a pancake and all batsmen except Raina failed)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...nal-world-cup/

In all these 5 knocks, Kohli failed badly to give you an idea of how it wasn't easy.

Other important knocks include his 200 in a decider match (7 match series) against Aus 2013 ODI series, his recent 200 in the 2nd ODI of SL series with the series on line, knocks in CT 2013, CT 2017 and more if I dig around.

With that being said, this doesn't mean Rohit is some kind of clutch performer who can turn it on when the team needs him. The fact is inspite of all these heroics, Rohit doesn't inspire confidence.

1. He bats too slow at the top (his 171 at 100 SR in MCG looks great on stats and has amazing shots but it wasn't a great knock in the match context where the pitch was a belter to the core).

2. While he has good knocks, he predictably struggles against tough bowlers or tough situations (WC 2015 - failed in all important games except QF, CT 2013 final failed when we didn't have momentum on our side, CT 2017 failed again, Asia Cup swing track - failed, World T20 - fails when the heat is on)

3. Not mentally strong as a batsman who doesn't usually tough it out. If it's a day where he is destined to do it, Rohit will uproot trees. Or else, he will fail. As a CSK fan, in a crunch situation against MI, I always used to back Rohit to fail and he used to do. That image hasn't yet been shaken off.

That's why opinions are divided upon him.

In a certain way, he is terribly under-rated when he is carrying the burden of Indian cricket ODI team along with Dhawan and Kohli (I include myself in this category).

In other ways, he is terribly over-rated who is lucky to play in the era of the flattest ODI pitches with tons of opportunity to stat boost in tourneys against minnows (I just can't imagine him on 90s pitches against good bowlers....just can't picture him succeeding barring a few games cos he neither is mentally strong or is his game tight enough).

Depending on the way you look at it, Rohit can be amazing (I still can't forget his Deccan Charger knocks) or he can be rubbish.

Rohit is like the Donald Trump of batsmen.

You either adore him or despise him.

There is no middle ground.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 23rd December 2017 at 20:10.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also scored the only 50 on a green pitch in a virtual quarter final in the t20 world cup in SA.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sustained hitting Rohit, ABDV, Gayle when in the zone. He is six hitting monster. His six per innings in ODI is better than Afridi or Gayle or ABDV. Unlike Afridi he is so easy on the eye.
    You wish

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milking C-grade bowling? No thanks. He's not any better than what Afridi used to be.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit is definitely not an FTB. He has little bit of starting trouble especially against left arm bowlers who can angle the ball. But once he is in it doesn't matter left or right he can take anyone to cleaners. You have to give benefit of doubt to those who are not natural openers. On a true wicket when the ball comes on he can be a monster.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    When in the zone, there is no one better IMO.

Kohli and AB don't hold a candle then.
    I think you are going over the top . AB is the most destructive batsman in the world plus he can do it against top teams and doesnt have to play 100+ balls to get started. Rohit gets in the zone once in 70 -80 games while ab can get in the zone every 7-8 games

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    I think you are going over the top . AB is the most destructive batsman in the world plus he can do it against top teams and doesnt have to play 100+ balls to get started. Rohit gets in the zone once in 70 -80 games while ab can get in the zone every 7-8 games
    Last 5 year record by different players against Australia who have been one of the top teams consistently. He has hit 57 sixes.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    AB also has had the luxury of coming in late in the innings to finish a better platform built by one of the best top orders in world cricket in recent years, while Rohit is a fundamental part of building THE best top order in world cricket.

It's easy to slate Rohit for taking his time to set up the innings but isn't that part of his role? We'd slate him for immaturity if he went too aggressive early on in his innings, I think it's an unfair comparison to throw him in with someone who bats at 4 or 5.

Fact is Rohit has proven his highest gear is as high as anyone, period.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AB De Villiers

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit sharma is probably FTB.But calling him biggest FTB is wrong.He can play well on slow(like 5th odi IND vs NZ 2016) and even slightly bouncy pitches(like 79*(46) in 2010 t20WC or MCG ton).

He is certainly Not one of my favourite player mainly because i don't find him as reliable batsmen.However,I can undertand if someone finds him entertaining.
    Last edited by Savage; 24th December 2017 at 12:17.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATM,he is nowhere near ATG in any format.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is definitely the most destructive ODI opener

Since he took up the role of opening in 2013...

Name----Mat----Runs----Ave----Away----S/R---100s----Sixes
    Rohit-----87-----4428----57.5----52.7----92-----14----140
    Warner---65----3199----52.4----50------102----12----55
    Guptill----83----3377----46.9-----42------93-----10----95
    Amla-----94-----4160----46.8----39.8----88-----16----34
    Dhawan--91----3969----46.7----46.5-----94----12----51
    De Kock--85-----3722----47----38-------95-----13----54

Only Warner comes close but Rohit trumps him in six hitting ability. 140 sixes jeez!
    Last edited by Cricfan4eva; 24th December 2017 at 13:51.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    he has the lazy Elegance and that Elegance will cost him to become an ATG.

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an ATG but third best batsmen from his era in odis.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an ATG but third best batsmen from his era in odis.
    He is certainly not better than AB,Kohli and dhoni in ODIs.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is better than dhoni in odis at the moment as batsman not as player though.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    He is better than dhoni in odis at the moment as batsman not as player though.
    There are many batsmen who are better than Dhoni ATM
    Last edited by Savage; 24th December 2017 at 21:57.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot Dhoni as he is remembered more for his legacy as a captain, keeper and then batsmen all combined.Also, they dont match each other's era. So, yes Dhoni is obviously ahead of Sharmaji.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many sixes in this year?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    How many sixes in this year?

https://i.imgur.com/Iwtnqhi.png

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit Sharma becomes the first batsman in history to score 3 centuries in each format of international cricket - 3 in Tests, 17 in ODIs, 3 in T20Is.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Easily and by far.

He is the most clutch opener right now and with an extra gear nobody possesses.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should finish as an ODI great.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to stats, during the final overs, he is more destructive than even AB

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the, if not the most entertaining.

Aesthetically pleasing to eyes as well.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, in current generation

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    He makes batting look so easy... The ball pings off his bat.
    Last edited by Aman; 13th January 2019 at 09:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?