Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Making money is such a cop out. What kind of fan would put so much thought into it?

What you should care about is quality, something that without question is not here.

We've wasted the start of our summer on WI, but at least we have Pakistan coming next which should pick things up with a closely contested series between two evenly matched sides.

You sound like the typical WWE shill who boasts about WWE's record revenues when the product is universally acknowledged as mediocre.
    Last edited by Aman; 26th December 2017 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Another shot at NZC? Yes we know it spins a lot of money, but lets not pretend like the cricket isn't usually trash. More series like this and we'll see if those numbers remain.
    They have been playing for 130 years and since 2000 the crowd figures in Ashes has been steadily rising.

Australians and Englanders love watching the ashes, why does that upset you so much.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Making money is such a cop out. What kind of fan would put so much thought into it?

What you should care about is quality, something that without question is not here.

We've wasted the start of our summer on WI, but at least we have Pakistan coming next which should pick things up with a closely contested series between two evenly matched sides.

You sound like the typical WWE shill who boasts about WWE's record revenues when the product is universally acknowledged as mediocre.
    You come across as envious of the enjoyment Australian and Englanders get from the ashes.

You get to play Pakistan soon so enjoy that and I hope you have a good series.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    They have been playing for 130 years and since 2000 the crowd figures in Ashes has been steadily rising.

Australians and Englanders love watching the ashes, why does that upset you so much.
    Because as a neutral, I'd rather see contests rather than one sided series which are only a draw because of history i.e. I want to be entertained, something the Ashes hasn't done in years.
    Last edited by Aman; 26th December 2017 at 10:47.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Curren brothers. The new average cricketers that will eventually become the golden boys of English cricket.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Because as a neutral, I'd rather see contests rather than one sided series which are only a draw because of history i.e. I want to be entertained, something the Ashes hasn't done in years.
    Well just watch teams that have close matches and dont watch the ashes, I cant see what the problem is. Australia dont organise their summer to entertain neutrals they organise them for the 85,000+ Australians that want to watch the ashes.

You can watch NZ v WI and NZ v PAK.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The Curren brothers. The new average cricketers that will eventually become the golden boys of English cricket.
    Overton has looked quite good in this series- threatening with the ball & at least shows guts with the bat. They should be better to focus on the Overton brothers rather than the Currans. I haven't seen the other Curran but this one looks a dime a dozen 130k English seamer.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Well just watch teams that have close matches and dont watch the ashes, I cant see what the problem is. Australia dont organise their summer to entertain neutrals they organise them for the 85,000+ Australians that want to watch the ashes.

You can watch NZ v WI and NZ v PAK.
    With scheduling, the only cricket I can really watch is NZ and Aus. They're on at the perfect time and I can usually watch the matches in their entirety.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    With scheduling, the only cricket I can really watch is NZ and Aus. They're on at the perfect time and I can usually watch the matches in their entirety.
    So what do you want then, do you want CA to check with you to see who you want to watch and then organise that team for the summer.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    Overton has looked quite good in this series- threatening with the ball & at least shows guts with the bat. They should be better to focus on the Overton brothers rather than the Currans. I haven't seen the other Curran but this one looks a dime a dozen 130k English seamer.
    All three of the brothers are bang average but massively overhyped in the English circuit. Theyve had special treatment from a very young age. And yes, they wont be bowling any quicker than 130ks

Overton has a long way to go to win some respect with the south asian fans. Personally I think he should do his best to get a PSL contract and make himself available to go to Lahore.The guy is a proven racist and ECB need to make sure that they clean his image up fast

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Ashes in England are always very entertaining and in AUS very boring but a great spectacle for the people over there. Pak / Ind series are thrilling be it in Pak or Ind, and the rivalry is a lot more intense but they don't play each other anymore

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    So what do you want then, do you want CA to check with you to see who you want to watch and then organise that team for the summer.
    Nah, I want them to schedule based on quality, but I know that's never going to happen. Aus could sweep India and England over and over again, but they'll still continue to inviite them.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nah, I want them to schedule based on quality, but I know that's never going to happen. Aus could sweep India and England over and over again, but they'll still continue to inviite them.

Tell us the schedule you want Australia to have that will deliver quality cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Tell us the schedule you want Australia to have that will deliver quality cricket.
    Is it really that difficult to figure out? Just have a look at recent performances in Aus and invite according to that.

IIRC England have lost the last 8 matches in Australia.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is it really that difficult to figure out? Just have a look at recent performances in Aus and invite according to that.

IIRC England have lost the last 8 matches in Australia.
    England are the second best performing team in Australia over the last ten years.

Do you want Australia only to play SA every summer.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just for your information Aman, England have won more tests in Australia in the last ten years than India, NZ, PAK, WI and SL combined.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just for your information Aman, England have won more tests in Australia in the last ten years than India, NZ, PAK, WI and SL combined.
    Don’t let facts get in the way of anti-English sentiment.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England will have lost more tests in Australia than SA, NZ, BD, SL and WI combined by end of this series in the last 12 years.

And this is England's best run in the Ashes in how long?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    All three of the brothers are bang average but massively overhyped in the English circuit. Theyve had special treatment from a very young age. And yes, they wont be bowling any quicker than 130ks

Overton has a long way to go to win some respect with the south asian fans. Personally I think he should do his best to get a PSL contract and make himself available to go to Lahore.The guy is a proven racist and ECB need to make sure that they clean his image up fast
    Really? I didn't know that about Overton's background. What was the nature of the incident (s) which earned him this poor reputation?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    Really? I didn't know that about Overton's background. What was the nature of the incident (s) which earned him this poor reputation?
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?235916

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im guessing they have also lost the most? lol

Nice fact mate

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    To be really frank, as poor as England have been in the series, you can't just play with couple of teams year around. You need a well rounded FTP. If teams stopped inviting other teams based on their performances away, the only team which can be invited in SA. England and Australia have been poor in sub-continent, England have been poor in Australia, The sub continent teams have been poor away from Asia. So that leaves us only with SA who have been competitive in all conditions (Except for that one series in India). So who will SA play against? Or do all teams just prepare FTP's to just play SA year round.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good comeback from England this session. 3 wickets for not much more than 80 runs by the looks of it.

Nip another one out before lunch and we could finally see some sort of competitive match in this over hyped series.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Great come back by Poms, but I guess Aussies have won the Test with toss. Don't see Poms chasing 200+ against Lyon in Day 5. One thing Aussies have done is they have spent longer time in middle allowing this bone dry wicket to rough up. ENG might get a tiny lead after Day 3, but Aussies are still favorite.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Yeah but Cricket Australia exists to serve Australian cricket and Australian fans not neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Good fight back from England and Cook finally looks in great touch. The absence of Starc and the pressure of winning the Ashes has helped him a lot. Now he is playing to keep his place for the home season.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair play to Steve Smith for deciding that if the English selectors aren't brave enough to drop Cook then he'll do it himself.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Star and this Aussie attack looks like a joke.

Hazlebogan shouldn’t have even gotten Vince’s wicket if he had reviewed.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cook finally scoring runs against Hazlewood and Cummins.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bird is hardly any effective.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easily the slowest and dullest pitch in the country. Even Pakistan came close to scoring 500 at the MCG. Australia better not give the Indians this track to bat on. They will pile 700.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Great effort from England.

Need to keep it going on Day 3 or this will be another moment they've failed to grab.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though dead rubber but what a brilliant comeback from Cook when he looked all done. The guy has got fighting spirits even though he is still far from ATG.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Some fans from outside England and Australia really don’t like the fact that English and Australian fans will always have the Ashes to follow, enjoy and cherish do they? I’ve seen some awfully sour remarks in this thread and elsewhere lately.
    Envy is a sad thing to witness.

England and Australia have a strong bond, like brothers who are ferocious rivals but love each other for all that. We’ll be contesting the Ashes long after everyone else stops playing tests. Last, as we we were first.

Well done England today. Don’t shout too loud, but Jimmy is heading for his best every Australian series. Eighteen wickets so far, with three innings left? Broad finally shows up. Great to see Cheffy turn back the clock. Hope he piles it on tomorrow, got to apply scoreboard pressure to win this.
    Last edited by Robert; 27th December 2017 at 07:30.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post

England and Australia have a strong bond, like brothers who are ferocious rivals but love each other for all that. We’ll be contesting the Ashes long after everyone else stops playing tests. Last, as we we were first.

Well done England today. Don’t shout too loud, but Jimmy is heading for his best every Australian series. Eighteen wickets so far, with three innings left? Broad finally shows up. Great to see Cheffy turn back the clock. Hope he piles it on tomorrow, got to apply scoreboard pressure to win this.
    3-0 scoreline after 3 tests seems anything but ferocious rivalry. Last time, England toured Australia, it was same.

Ashes may have historical importance for sure.
    What pleasure is derived from continuously pummelling an opponent is beyond me. But Aussie fans certainly enjoy that and I am not against that. I am just surprised.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jimmy quietly noses past Walsh on the test wicket table.

Given a decent English summer, he will be closing in on McGrath.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Jimmy quietly noses past Walsh on the test wicket table.

Given a decent English summer, he will be closing in on McGrath.
    Terrific series for Jimmy, all the haters berating him and how he'd get slaughtered down under have been awfully quite recently.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Cook's forte has always been his mental strength, to play a knock like that when out of nick is special.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roles reversed. Cook striking at 60 and Root at 45.

Is this Cook's fastest hundred?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Cook’s 17th away century, and fifth in Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Roles reversed. Cook striking at 60 and Root at 45.

Is this Cook's fastest hundred?
    He may have one which is even quicker but can't remember which hubdred it was

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    He may have one which is even quicker but can't remember which hubdred it was
    Think it was against us

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Think it was against us
    Yeah think it was the one in Manchester last year

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

England is the mother country for Australia. They will always have a special bond. No need for others to feel envious about that, nor does it preclude good relations between these two and other countries.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Cook was timing the ball beautifully, he's a stubborn personality and wasn't going to go down without a fight. He didn't produce when the series was live however.

Still, a good knock and England should look to push on to 450+ from here.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh Root.

Nobody mention conversion rates...

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Root goes again after scoring a fifty. England are under no pressure in this game. They have nothing to lose. They have already lost the Ashes and Root cannot even fill his boots in this game.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Oh man.

That shot symbolizes what happens to Root after scoring 50.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Root cops out again after taking the square root of 2500.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another inside edge?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    How did Malan not feel that inside edge?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If England can't capitalize on this advantage, they DESERVE to loose 5-0!

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awful shot from YJB

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell Moeen

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Bloody hell Moeen
    What he said.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cook (178*) has been on the field for the whole match so far. Wow

Wonder if he will carry his bat

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How is the pitch? Its bad to see England lose their way again. Should have scored more than 500 after the position they found themselves in last night.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best cooker!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done cook!! Still got it! Only 3000 runs way!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jackson Bird 0-106 in the innings so far...

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies without Starc lol

Jokers

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely England have to declare now and have a 10 overs crack at australian batsmen.

That would able Anderson and Broad to bowl 5 overs each tonight and restart tomorrow.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Supremely fantastic Cook! Double Hundred !

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Few people think this is meh because series is dead so England coming to life now isn't special.

Fact of the matter is that NZ, India, Pakistan, WI, SA have all toured in recent times and no one other than SA could even land 1 victory against this Aussie side (IIRC)

So even if Eng take these next 2 "dead rubbers" I'd still consider this an ok tour for them considering the humiliation most teams get on these concrete slabs.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played broad

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia being taken to the cleaners here and that too by Broad!!!

Stumps coming at the wrong time for England. They would dearly love another 15 overs.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Broad doing an Afridi what with that 20 batting average as well. Tonight is a blue moon.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson's depth comment wasn't too far off I guess. One of the most listless performance from Aussie bowlers in recent years.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another biased shocker of decision goes for Aus.
    These timid umpires always bow down to their overlords

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very unsporting behaviour from Usman Khawaja, yet another Aussie to add to the long historical list of Australian cricketers who have claimed dodgy catches.

How that was given out in the end I will never know. Clearly touched the floor.

Gilchrist was a gentleman, regardless of the match situation he would have either not claimed the catch at all, or he would have asked for a replay.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcyz View Post
    Yet another biased shocker of decision goes for Aus.
    These timid umpires always bow down to their overlords
    Consider that out of the 9 England wickets in this innings, 2 of them have been inside-edged LBW decisions and 1 has been a catch wherein the ball touched the floor. So that is 3 out of 9 English batsmen, 33.3% of the innings, sawn off by the umpires. England should lodge an official complaint this evening.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consider that out of the 9 England wickets in this innings, 2 of them have been inside-edged LBW decisions and 1 has been a catch wherein the ball touched the floor. So that is 3 out of 9 English batsmen, 33.3% of the innings, sawn off by the umpires. England should lodge an official complaint this evening.
    And when you see that England still have two reviews remaining...

England should first tell their batsmen to toughen up and don’t be afraid to review when they have hit the ball.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very unsporting behaviour from Usman Khawaja, yet another Aussie to add to the long historical list of Australian cricketers who have claimed dodgy catches.

How that was given out in the end I will never know. Clearly touched the floor.

Gilchrist was a gentleman, regardless of the match situation he would have either not claimed the catch at all, or he would have asked for a replay.

The decision being given out was more due to the umpires on-field call rather than Khawaja. Unsporting behaviour would be Khawaja celebrating as if nothing happened after taking the catch however in this case he was quick to signal to the umpire he was unsure and on that alone, his integrity shouldn't be questioned.

'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

'It's the one to be afraid of.'

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    A day of domination by England batsmen, headlined by 244* by Alastair Cook comes to an end with England on 491/9 at Stumps on Day 3 of the 4th Test; England lead by 164 runs and the pressure is surely on Australia now #Ashes #AusvEng #Cricket

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Cook, who was dropped on 66 and 153 by Australia captain Steve Smith, brought up his double-ton in the final session with a sweetly-timed straight drive off Jackson Bird.

The former England skipper ticked off another milestone soon after, surpassing Viv Richards’s score of 208 at the MCG in 1984.

Richards, Azhar Ali, Aubrey Faulkner and Wally Hammond are the only foreigners to celebrate a double-century in a Melbourne Test.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...c0f7ec87ffcd8d

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Marvellous by Chef and scored at a fast clip which gives England a chance to win. I hope he can get to 250 and carry his bat.

Batted Draco too, he’s having a good match.

It won’t be 0-5 at least.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Brilliant stuff from Cook!

They've put themselves into a great spot. Just need to bowl well from ball one unlike the 1st innings where it took them time.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So much for my theory about his eyes going. His bat looked a mile wide.

He seems to have become hit and miss this past year, though. I still think they should drop him to #3, to get the maximum runs out his last two years.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Yes!

Finally Engurland. Keep at it lads.

Hats off to Cook!

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!