Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 241 to 320 of 384
  1. #241
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    9,148
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Maajid strikes me as a man who has swapped one big idea (Islamism) for another (Liberalism). He can come across as the British liberal version of an American right-wing shock-jock.

    He shines a light, but he creates a lot of heat too. He’s be more effective if he kept his keen intellect and debating skills but moderated his often confrontational language.
    No mention of his harassment of women.
    No mention of how his own son won't talk to him.
    This is the way these 'muscular liberals' roll. It's ok to be racist/harasser/abuser as long as you follow our ideology and attack minorities like a good Uncle Tom

  2. #242
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s28 View Post
    No mention of his harassment of women.
    No mention of how his own son won't talk to him.
    Not my business.

  3. #243
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,345
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Maajid strikes me as a man who has swapped one big idea (Islamism) for another (Liberalism). He can come across as the British liberal version of an American right-wing shock-jock.

    He shines a light, but he creates a lot of heat too. He’s be more effective if he kept his keen intellect and debating skills but moderated his often confrontational language.
    Yeah, he seems like someone who once they have adopted an idea, to go full throttle.

    I just discovered him and was curious as to how people in England viewed him.

  4. #244
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,049
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Forty Labour MPs and Peers march in support of Ruth Smeeth MP as she walks to give evidence at a disciplinary hearing against an activist.
    Embarrassing for Labour that it’s come to this. A great piece of media management by the anti Corbyn section of his party though - the press are loving it.

  5. #245
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Who has the most support right now amongst the UK right now?
    It's a polarised country, Labour and Conservatives are neck and neck in the polls at around 40% each.

    Theresa May after her dire performance in the last election campaign is unlikely to be allowed by her Party to run again and will likely be replaced - by who is anyone's guess as there aren't a lot of obvious favourites in the Tory Party.

  6. #246
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Who has the most support right now amongst the UK right now?
    Electorate seems to be very equally split down the middle at the moment between Labour and the Tories. There is no Third Party - even Vince Cable said on Question Time last week that there were “two and a half” parties. It is a US-style two-party system and an election tomorrow would be too close to call.

  7. #247
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s28 View Post
    Jeremy Corbyn leads a political party which received the most votes it ever has 13 million
    Labour Party has highest number of members in a generation 600,000
    Momentum the pro-Corbyn campaign group has 40,000 members so almost as large as Tory and Liberal Party in terms of membership

    Nobody knows who or what Maajid Nawaz is
    Haven’t the Tories recently declared their membership at 124,000 in the Spring Statement

  8. #248
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Haven’t the Tories recently declared their membership at 124,000 in the Spring Statement
    Interesting, that is more than I thought. But their average age is 70 so there can’t be that many blue boots on the ground. They used to be millions strong, but that was long ago.

    LDs have about 105,000 and supposedly the youngest average age of the two-and-half parties.

  9. #249
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Electorate seems to be very equally split down the middle at the moment between Labour and the Tories. There is no Third Party - even Vince Cable said on Question Time last week that there were “two and a half” parties. It is a US-style two-party system and an election tomorrow would be too close to call.
    Could be another hung Parliament: a right group of Tories and DUP versus a left group of Labour / Scot Nats / Plaid / Greens, with Sir Vince as kingmaker. Wonder what he’d want in return? EUref2, I expect.

  10. #250
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Could be another hung Parliament: a right group of Tories and DUP versus a left group of Labour / Scot Nats / Plaid / Greens, with Sir Vince as kingmaker. Wonder what he’d want in return? EUref2, I expect.
    Theresa May will step down before 2022 in my view, potentially after the Brexit transitional period has concluded on 31st December 2020. The choice of her replacement would determine whether the Tories can win or not. Then again Emily Thornbery might be the Labour leader by then, and I am not sure that she will carry on the Corbynist momentum so well.

  11. #251
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Theresa May will step down before 2022 in my view, potentially after the Brexit transitional period has concluded on 31st December 2020. The choice of her replacement would determine whether the Tories can win or not. Then again Emily Thornbery might be the Labour leader by then, and I am not sure that she will carry on the Corbynist momentum so well.
    In order to win, Labour must pull some soft blues in, the ones who voted for Blair. Not sure Thornbury fits the bill. Starmer might be the man for that.

  12. #252
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    9,148
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  13. #253
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    9,148
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But John Strafford of the Campaign for Conservative Democracy (a kind of Tory Jon Lansman) estimates that party membership is now a mere 70,000

    https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-ripe-entryism

  14. #254
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s28 View Post
    But John Strafford of the Campaign for Conservative Democracy (a kind of Tory Jon Lansman) estimates that party membership is now a mere 70,000

    https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-ripe-entryism
    I saw that one back in January too, this 124,000 one is from 17th March and comes from the Tory chairman:

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...y-thought-new/

  15. #255
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Looks like Owen was wrong. Labour looking to be walking it in London on 3 May.
    Last edited by Robert; 26th April 2018 at 17:54.

  16. #256
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Actually.....

    I am no psephologist but current polling suggests that Labour will drop about a hundred councillors in London, Tories will drop fifty, Libs will pick up fifty.

    So where will the rest go?

    Curious.

  17. #257
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Classic “Thick Of It” style scapegoated resignation from Amber Rudd, feels like a big one this time as she is the most well-known Cabinet Minister during the Theresa May premiership to have been ordered underneath the bus in an effort to save the PM’s skin.

    Caroline Lucas made a good point in saying that Rudd had been TM’s “human shield” and now she was gone, i.e. Rudd was much better at turning up to the candlelit vigils and generally handling the more sensitive matters - people would rather hear from a well-built, articulate friendly blonde out on the streets than the stone-faced, rigid, awkward and ghostly Maybot.

    Now that only the latter of these individuals remains in the government, she needs to get this next replacement appointment spot-on correct otherwise we could be looking at an imminent Tory leadership election and / or another General Election.

  18. #258
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Now instead of a liberal Remain Tory we will get another Brexit Ultra.

    Ah well, one more angry Remainer on the back benches,

  19. #259
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Wow this Windrush scandal has escalated quickly.

    Home Office is a poisoned chalice not only due to this, but the reality that Tory immigration targets are totally unachievable even after we leave the EU, as we have major labour shortages in areas such as social care, primary and secondary care.

    Another problem for the Tories is their support amongst ethnic minorities which will be damaged by this, especially amongst the Caribbean community.

  20. #260
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    An interesting picture emerging in the Council elections.

    Tories look to be not losing many seats, benefitting from an almost total collapse of UKIP.

    Labour up 21 nationally seats so far - looks like Owen Smith was wrong about their chances. They have taken Plymouth Council from the Tories, due to The latter messing up on defence issues.

    Lib Dems take Richmond Council from the Tories and look to be heading for another gain in Kingston.

  21. #261
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A great night for the Lib Dems, a good night for the Greens, and a disastrous one for UKIP.

    The two main parties meanwhile have both put in mixed performances. Small gains but nothing special.

    Honestly I would have expected a stronger performance from Labour after all of the recent Tory fluff-ups. This was a big chance to cement their de facto status as the government-in-waiting but looks like it has been missed this time. But still a long time until 2022 - if of course the Tories make it that far (unlikely)

  22. #262
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is a good night for the Tories. After eight years of austerity you’d expect them to get hammered, especially in the cities.

  23. #263
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Local election results confirming we have a deadlocked country. Labour dominate the big cities while the Conservative does well in the smaller towns.

  24. #264
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,049
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bit of a meh result for everybody. More of the status quo to come then.

  25. #265
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,049
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol sky news just had red ken on to talk about Barnet and he starts going on about Hitler, the Jews and Zionists again. He just can’t help himself.

  26. #266
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Lol sky news just had red ken on to talk about Barnet and he starts going on about Hitler, the Jews and Zionists again. He just can’t help himself.
    As if!! We need a clip of this

  27. #267
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    As if!! We need a clip of this
    Check it out on Sky site.

    Old Ken seems determined to be right. I wish he would just stop and save Labour more strife.

  28. #268
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    RIP Dame Tessa Jowell.

  29. #269
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both parties are preparing for an autumn General Election apparently...

  30. #270
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Home Sec announces review into use of medicinal cannabis. Hopefully a step closer to legalisation.

  31. #271
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,049
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    May lives to fight yet another day.




  32. #272
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Watching what's going on in Turkey is disturbing. With Erdogan moving to a Presidential system, the cult of personality will grow stronger. Foreign Policy magazine have documented how their Foreign Office and bureaucracy is now increasingly infested with political appointees like in the US.

    This is why I appreciate the Westminster system. You're less likely to see demagogues come to power whilst the civil service is meant to be strictly impartial and serving the nation not the ruling party.

    That's not to say there isn't an inherent conservative (small c) bias in the civil service, but I'd take our system over a system of politicised and partisan bureaucrats.

  33. #273
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,902
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Watching what's going on in Turkey is disturbing. With Erdogan moving to a Presidential system, the cult of personality will grow stronger. Foreign Policy magazine have documented how their Foreign Office and bureaucracy is now increasingly infested with political appointees like in the US.

    This is why I appreciate the Westminster system. You're less likely to see demagogues come to power whilst the civil service is meant to be strictly impartial and serving the nation not the ruling party.

    That's not to say there isn't an inherent conservative (small c) bias in the civil service, but I'd take our system over a system of politicised and partisan bureaucrats.
    Even without our system, we have more self respect; e.g Cameron's resignation, imagine he was Pakistani or Turkish ? tauba.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  34. #274
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Even without our system, we have more self respect; e.g Cameron's resignation, imagine he was Pakistani or Turkish ? tauba.
    Lol Pakistani politicians will hang onto their seat till Day of Judgement even after losing 100 referendums.

  35. #275
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,049
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    David Davis resigns. If another few go May’s position will be close to untenable.

  36. #276
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Leadership charge is coming, from somebody.

  37. #277
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,049
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Leadership charge is coming, from somebody.
    If another senior minister steps down then a leadership challenge looks inevitable - it will be interesting to see what the likes of Boris do this werk.

    If only we had a credible opposition to take advantage of all of this..........

  38. #278
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    David Davis resigns. If another few go May’s position will be close to untenable.

    I think DD has been looking for a way out of this trap every since he was appointed.

  39. #279
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    502
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbyn still leads May in the cabinet attrition rate. No real leaders in sight.

  40. #280
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,162
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    If another senior minister steps down then a leadership challenge looks inevitable - it will be interesting to see what the likes of Boris do this werk.

    If only we had a credible opposition to take advantage of all of this..........
    And what do you propose the opposition do? They don't have to do anything simply watch and wait. By the way contrary to popular belief to remainers Corbyn cant stop Brexit. Its a silly myth.

  41. #281
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Now how long will Dominic Raab last in the job ?

  42. #282
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,162
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Now how long will Dominic Raab last in the job ?
    who knows? he's another lightweight posh boy with zero real life experiences..

  43. #283
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Boris gone too !

  44. #284
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    BBC's Laura Kuenssberg quotes a Govt source saying ‘either she dumps Chequers or another Minister will go, then another, then another, then another’.

    How long before the White Paper is binned ?

  45. #285
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,162
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    BBC's Laura Kuenssberg quotes a Govt source saying ‘either she dumps Chequers or another Minister will go, then another, then another, then another’.

    How long before the White Paper is binned ?
    I think its becoming increasingly obvious that these tory brexiters dont want a deal and want a hard brexit. May needs to show some fight and take them on or make way for another bot who will have to fight an election.

  46. #286
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    BBC's Laura Kuenssberg quotes a Govt source saying ‘either she dumps Chequers or another Minister will go, then another, then another, then another’.

    How long before the White Paper is binned ?
    Leadership challenge.
    May goes, BoJo becomes PM promising Hard Brexit.
    Parliament votes - Labour, SNP, Lib Dems and many Tories vote against. Bill fails.
    BoJo goes to the country.
    Nothing is gained as no party has a majority.
    Result: continued deadlock.

  47. #287
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,757
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This government is incompetent with no unity at all in negotiating a life changing deal for the public. Due to the seriousness of the situation, a new election should be called immediately asking the EU to delay the deadline. Get JC in, get rid of the right wing selfish clowns and make Britain a European nation again even if not in the EU.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  48. #288
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Leadership challenge.
    May goes, BoJo becomes PM promising Hard Brexit.
    Parliament votes - Labour, SNP, Lib Dems and many Tories vote against. Bill fails.
    BoJo goes to the country.
    Nothing is gained as no party has a majority.
    Result: continued deadlock.
    Theresa May could do a John Major "put up or shut up" leadership election to give her the mandate to conduct Brexit negotiations at the end of which she can tell everyone to sod off and retire.

    Presumably none of these ardent Brexiteers will want the poisoned chalice for themselves.

    Even they know deep down beyond the rhetoric that compromises with the EU will be inevitable and their red lines are totally undeliverable (plus hugely damaging to UK economy) leading to their own downfall.

  49. #289
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No confidence vote could be coming tonight (rumours).

  50. #290
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This government is incompetent with no unity at all in negotiating a life changing deal for the public. Due to the seriousness of the situation, a new election should be called immediately asking the EU to delay the deadline. Get JC in, get rid of the right wing selfish clowns and make Britain a European nation again even if not in the EU.
    The Labour Party is as divided on this as the Tories. 80% of their members want to Remain, but JC is a Leaver.

    In any event he has made no inroads during this awful Government and will not carry Middle England. The Scot Nats and Lib Dems are hard Remain and will never vote with him in another hung Parliament.

    I see no way out of this trap unless there is a significant majority in a People's Vote on the Brexit destination.
    Last edited by Robert; 9th July 2018 at 20:29.

  51. #291
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    No confidence vote could be coming tonight (rumours).
    1922 Committee say they have not received the 48 signatures needed.

    Yet.

  52. #292
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,757
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    The Labour Party is as divided on this as the Tories. 80% of their members want to Remain, but JC is a Leaver.

    In any event he has made no inroads during this awful Government and will not carry Middle England. The Scot Nats and Lib Dems are hard Remain and will never vote with him in another hung Parliament.

    I see no way out of this trap unless there is a significant majority in a People's Vote on the Brexit destination.
    JC was a remainer too but accepted the peoples vote so will follow out their wishes. I feel he can get enough Labour MP's to back him with a deal which wont be a hard brexit and the EU will be more open to him too.

    Let's hope something is sorted quickly as the pound has dropped value again today.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  53. #293
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    JC was a remainer too but accepted the peoples vote so will follow out their wishes. I feel he can get enough Labour MP's to back him with a deal which wont be a hard brexit and the EU will be more open to him too.

    Let's hope something is sorted quickly as the pound has dropped value again today.
    1. Voted against Maastricht.
    2. Voted against Lisbon
    3. Called loudly for A50 the day after the Referendum.

    If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..... he has to get UK out of the EU so he can start nationalising utilities.

  54. #294
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,757
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    1. Voted against Maastricht.
    2. Voted against Lisbon
    3. Called loudly for A50 the day after the Referendum.

    If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..... he has to get UK out of the EU so he can start nationalising utilities.
    He said he would vote remain in any second referendum?

    He does have issues with Europe but overall he feels it's better to be with them for the benefit of the nation.

    I think they should have another referendum as a firm majority will vote to remain this time putting an end this madness.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  55. #295
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    He said he would vote remain in any second referendum?

    He does have issues with Europe but overall he feels it's better to be with them for the benefit of the nation.
    I don’t believe him. He’s saying that to keep activists on board. The EU would prevent his nationalisation programme, so we must leave.

    In 2016, Gordon Brown had a plan to get all the living Labour leaders on the stage at nice to speak for Remain. He, Kinnock, Blair, Milliband and Cooper were all on board. But Corbyn wouldn’t share a stage with Blair. His ‘athenticity’ may have cost Remain the win. He puts ideology ahead of working people’s lives.
    Last edited by Robert; 10th July 2018 at 06:46.

  56. #296
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Corbyn is a massive Brexiteer, he is one of THE classic Brexiteers from the 1980s.

    He is very good at hiding his true emotions nowadays - as the Labour leader, he needs to be.

    His job is to appear to back a soft Brexit, in order to back the result of the Referendum; and simultaneously he needs to appear to slightly back a soft Remain, in order to appease his MPs and many members; whilst never backing a hard Remain (incidentally how some of his party members feel), and never revealing that he also used to campaign for a hard Brexit.

    It’s a tough job that he has at the moment.

  57. #297
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jared O’Mara MP has quit the Labour Party. He said there is no place there for a working class disabled man.

    Will he continue as an Independent?

  58. #298
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    9,083
    Mentioned
    2072 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Complete madness whats happening.

    First time in my life I'm genuinely feeling resentful towards the present entity UK and not the past entity. The damafe the Tories are doing to the peace in NI is disgraceful and JRM and co. are absolute **** of the highest order. Enforcing and promoting a Hard Brexit against the wishes of everyone on this island all the while relocating his investment fund to Dublin, an absolute snake.

    The UK is completely self destructing and if they opt for a Hard Brexit we will see an independent Scotland and United Ireland within a decade or two.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  59. #299
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    9,083
    Mentioned
    2072 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    And amidst all this chaos the UK Government want to move holidays early by four days and take off for two months.

    Farcical, what on earth is happening in global politics at the moment.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  60. #300
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,891
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris Johnson is facing a possible investigation into breaches of the Conservative Party code of conduct.
    The party has received a number of complaints about the former foreign secretary's comments about women wearing burkas, who he said looked like letter boxes.

    The complaints will be looked at by an independent panel.

    A Conservative Party spokesman said: "The code of conduct process is strictly confidential."

    Mr Johnson has rejected calls to apologise for his remarks, in a Daily Telegraph column in which he also argued against a ban on full-face veils.

    Critics have accused him of stoking Islamophobia to boost his Tory leadership ambitions but his supporters have said he was speaking up for "liberal values".

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45130532

  61. #301
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,049
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  62. #302
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How do you post a tweet on this board @Gabbar Singh?

  63. #303
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,162
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post

    So Paaji what do you think we're looking at here? another election? what do you think..or will the tories continue to prop up TM to save their own hides??

  64. #304
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,911
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, any of you in favour of another referendum on the final deal?

    Brexiteers keep harping on about the will of the people and you can’t keep having refererendums until you get the decision you want..

    But I think the way everyone was fed lies leading up to the first vote, it may not be bad idea.

    With respect to a general election, I still think the country is split down the middle.
    So one weak government will lead to another weak government and this is largely down do the leadership of both the big parties.

  65. #305
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    So Paaji what do you think we're looking at here? another election? what do you think..or will the tories continue to prop up TM to save their own hides??
    No election. Might be a leadership challenge though.

  66. #306
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    9,148
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Guys, any of you in favour of another referendum on the final deal?

    Brexiteers keep harping on about the will of the people and you can’t keep having refererendums until you get the decision you want..

    But I think the way everyone was fed lies leading up to the first vote, it may not be bad idea.

    With respect to a general election, I still think the country is split down the middle.
    So one weak government will lead to another weak government and this is largely down do the leadership of both the big parties.
    This is the same rhetoric you get from every so called polling expert who was wrong on Corbyn, wrong on Trump, wrong on Brexit, etc etc

    It does help if rather than just reading the MSM (which is designed to keep you compliant and servile) you actually listen to people who've got things right.

    Labour are demanding a General Election. Tories are running scared of an election. Internally they are so split they use the fact that Corbyn will be next PM to threaten their opponents with the consequences should they not get their way and the ramshackle lame duck Tory Government is thus kept going. Ultimately things will reach breaking point. If there is a Hard Brexit or No Deal Brexit Labour are keeping all options open to FORCE a General Election. I would imagine that would include a General Strike or constant calls for No Confidence Motions in Parliament until Tories have to give up.

  67. #307
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mrs May has been rather clever today - by blaming the rejection of Chequers on Brussels and threatening No Deal she is placating the ERG headbangers and ensuring short-term political survival.

  68. #308
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Another failed summit for May who pursues this unworkable Chequers plan that has little support in her party, country and in Europe.

  69. #309
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,756
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Guys, any of you in favour of another referendum on the final deal?

    Brexiteers keep harping on about the will of the people and you can’t keep having refererendums until you get the decision you want..

    But I think the way everyone was fed lies leading up to the first vote, it may not be bad idea.

    With respect to a general election, I still think the country is split down the middle.
    So one weak government will lead to another weak government and this is largely down do the leadership of both the big parties.


    Those lies are only lies to pro-eu people while what you belive, are lies to brexiters - same thing when ever someone wins any election, you can not make one belive something when they have made there mind up before on what to belive. So stop being a pair of sour grapes.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  70. #310
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    9,083
    Mentioned
    2072 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Mrs May has been rather clever today - by blaming the rejection of Chequers on Brussels and threatening No Deal she is placating the ERG headbangers and ensuring short-term political survival.
    And edging your economy and the NI situation ever closer to the abyss in doing so.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  71. #311
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think we are looking at a No Deal.

  72. #312
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,911
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post


    Those lies are only lies to pro-eu people while what you belive, are lies to brexiters - same thing when ever someone wins any election, you can not make one belive something when they have made there mind up before on what to belive. So stop being a pair of sour grapes.
    Woah woah hang on just a minute...
    Why the insults?
    I think not asked a question and wanted others views on this not to be insulted..

  73. #313
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,911
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^

    Woah woah hang on just a minute...
    Why the insults?
    I only asked a question and wanted others views on this not to be insulted..

    Project fear was used by the remainers and likewise a bunch of lies were spouted by the brexiters. So my question is should there be. Vote on the final deal, if there is one or do we crash out without any deal?

  74. #314
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    And edging your economy and the NI situation ever closer to the abyss in doing so.
    I’m hopeful that there will be a last-minute adoption of the Norway model.

    Else we will be plunged into an actual depression - recession is not the right word - the Troubles could return and we will lose Scotland.

  75. #315
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post


    Those lies are only lies to pro-eu people while what you belive, are lies to brexiters - same thing when ever someone wins any election, you can not make one belive something when they have made there mind up before on what to belive. So stop being a pair of sour grapes.
    But you can sway floating voters with adverts - a tranche of the 2016 vote had never voted before, and there was a Leave surge in the last 24 hours due to highly targeted racist, xenophobic and Islamophobic FB messaging.

  76. #316
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,326
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The Norway/Swiss model is probably the only proposal that could command a majority in Parliament. We can keep many of our economic benefits from membership of the single market, and there is an emergency brake provision on migration in Article 112 of the EEA Treaty.

    The Canada model would not cover services which is a major part of our economy, not resolve the Irish border issue and would come at the cost of the Union.

    The DUP, for whom May relies on to hold her slender majority, would not accept a border in the Irish Sea.

  77. #317
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The Norway/Swiss model is probably the only proposal that could command a majority in Parliament. We can keep many of our economic benefits from membership of the single market, and there is an emergency brake provision on migration in Article 112 of the EEA Treaty.

    The Canada model would not cover services which is a major part of our economy, not resolve the Irish border issue and would come at the cost of the Union.

    The DUP, for whom May relies on to hold her slender majority, would not accept a border in the Irish Sea.
    I concur with this. Let us have an honourable compromise.

  78. #318
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,417
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big developments on the eve of the Labour Conference. Watson and Corbyn both heavily imply that they are open to a policy change on Brexit. Labour could be on the verge of becoming a Remain party.

  79. #319
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Big developments on the eve of the Labour Conference. Watson and Corbyn both heavily imply that they are open to a policy change on Brexit. Labour could be on the verge of becoming a Remain party.
    Calling for Peoples Vote should put them ahead in the polls.

  80. #320
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,399
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Though it could just be media spin to make it look like they might call for Peoples Vote, while the Conference fix is in to prevent it becoming policy.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •