Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Even if you and me play against an International team, we could score 20 - 25 runs each. These are players, not gods. We expect them to beat rookies but it would be unfair to expect them to destroy the inexperienced teams for 50 or 100 all out everytime.
    Some of these players have not even played first class cricket, so this has been a great achievement for them. To almost play out 50 overs against an international side is fantastic for these players.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good going boyz...

Hey Jazba Junoon to himat na haar.......

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Good effort from the kids, obviously were mismatched and did better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Good effort from the kids, obviously were mismatched and did better than expected.
    Bro why do you sound like their dad.

Pakistan demolished them.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Bro why do you sound like their dad.

Pakistan demolished them.
    There are international sides who lose by the same margin. It's not like they were completely crushed like you'd expect them to with the gulf in experience and quality.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Some of these players have not even played first class cricket, so this has been a great achievement for them. To almost play out 50 overs against an international side is fantastic for these players.
    People here don't seem to realize most of them are fringe domestic players. This might be the high point of the careers for a lot of these players.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    There are international sides who lose by the same margin. It's not like they were completely crushed like you'd expect them to with the gulf in experience and quality.
    Lol okay but you're giving these "kids" too much credit. They did well, but nothing that warrants them being praised over and over again.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People here don't seem to realize most of them are fringe domestic players. This might be the high point of the careers for a lot of these players.
    How many did you expect them to get?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useless warm-up. Probably did more for the kids than us. Home teams providing nobodies and amateurs in warm-ups is getting boring now tbh. Might as well have played against each other than these kids.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Imad or Nawaz is a redundant pick in ODI - their job can easily be managed by FZ or Hari. MS used to get 5/6 overs from Sehwag and later Raina.
    I think its not suitable to compare Imad or Nawaz with Fakhar and Sohail on bowling skills. Even FC records dont back the argument that Imad's job who is no 1 bowler in T20 rankings can be easily managed by Fakhar or Sohail.

Yes Haris has got potential with the bowl but considering his long injury lay off in middle of his career, it would be great if he can play regularly and keep himself fit in the future.

While many people will disagree, in my opinion Mohammad Nawaz is one of the few finger spinners around in the world who genuinely spins the bowl on most surfaces. Definitely needs to work on his game but there is potential to work with.
    Last edited by Titan24; 3rd January 2018 at 05:07.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    How many did you expect them to get?
    If he was expecting them to be all out for <100 while conceding 500+ then I guess NZ cricket has some serious issues that need to be addressed

There was a reason why NZ XI put these names against a touring Intl size as they might've considered them good enough (on potential) and or otherwise to face off against seasoned professionals.

When you compete at this level there is no excuse for putting in a bad performance while anyone doing that is actually taking a dig at their skill and their effort. They lost fair and square & by a good margin as well.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Should have made 500 against these college kids.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Should have made 500 against these college kids.
    The same college kids who beat the Windies(an international ODI side)in the tour game?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    If he was expecting them to be all out for <100 while conceding 500+ then I guess NZ cricket has some serious issues that need to be addressed

There was a reason why NZ XI put these names against a touring Intl size as they might've considered them good enough (on potential) and or otherwise to face off against seasoned professionals.

When you compete at this level there is no excuse for putting in a bad performance while anyone doing that is actually taking a dig at their skill and their effort. They lost fair and square & by a good margin as well.
    Yes and the same XI beat the Windies in their tour match.

Windies are not a good side but still beating an intern ODI side means these players do have some quality

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Yes and the same XI beat the Windies in their tour match.

Windies are not a good side but still beating an intern ODI side means these players do have some quality
    That side had Jeet Raval, who is an established international cricketer for New Zealand. While @Aman is being a sore loser, he has a point. This match did more for the kids than it did for us. Something similar happened with us in Australia a year back.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The same college kids who beat the Windies(an international ODI side)in the tour game?
    That was tongue in cheek, but the guys who beat WI are currently playing WI in a t20 game as we speak lol.

These were nothing more than domestic cricket fringe players.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I guess Azhar will play now instead of Imam...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Don't get why so many are rustled by this?

It was a professional performance from Pakistan and I doubt they got out of second gear. Doesn't mean those players can't walk away with their heads held high.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post

I can honestly say I've never heard of any of those players before barring two players.

This wasn't deliberately giving Pakistan weak opposition, there's just so much cricket going on atm in NZ. For a country NZ's size, obviously they're going to be stretched for the level of competition they can provide.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    That side had Jeet Raval, who is an established international cricketer for New Zealand. While @Aman is being a sore loser, he has a point. This match did more for the kids than it did for us. Something similar happened with us in Australia a year back.
    It may sound like that, but what else should I call those 18-22 year olds?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Raval is not an ODI player..he averages below 30 in list A Cricket

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    That was tongue in cheek, but the guys who beat WI are currently playing WI in a t20 game as we speak lol.

These were nothing more than domestic cricket fringe players.
    No..apart from Raval this is the same side that beat Windies in the tour match.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A local boy playing street cricket will give Kane Williamson a run for his money if the match is played on a street in Pakistan. Similarly, someone who has played any form of cricket where the current match was played for a sustained period will start with an advantage, so the gulf in quality is somewhat diminished.

That said, Pakistan should have scored 400 and bundled them out for 100.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No..apart from Raval this is the same side that beat Windies in the tour match.
    Check the scorecard, these are all players with a handful of domestic games. Since when is defeating WI, a side that has to play ODI WC qualifiers, a measuring stick for success?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    He's yet to taste defeat in nine one-day cricket internationals for Pakistan, averages 44 with the bat and credits Brendon McCullum as his batting inspiration.

Fakhar Zaman, the fearless left-handed opener with the fast hands, took an instant liking to New Zealand pitches with a blistering century in Nelson in their only warmup match before the first ODI in Wellington on Saturday.

Zaman hit 106 off 84 balls before being retired out as Pakistan amassed 341-9 against a modest New Zealand XI without any Twenty20 Super Smash players. It was well beyond them at Saxton Oval, bowled out for 221 in the 48th over as Pakistan won by 120 runs.

The tourists picked their best XI, looked sharp and were well up for the 50-over shakedown which confirmed a stern challenge awaits the Black Caps in the five-match ODI series. Not a moment too soon, either, as a poor West Indies team prepare to head home.

Zaman hit 12 fours and three sixes and with fellow opener Azhar Ali (104 retired off 105 balls) plundered 206 off 29 overs for the first wicket against a medium pace attack of Northern's James Baker, Otago's Michael Rae and Auckland's Matt McEwan.

Zaman, 27, didn't make his ODI debut until June, on Pakistan's run to the Champions Trophy title. In their dream victory over India in the final at The Oval he slayed 114 off 106 balls, and played in every match of Pakistan's current nine-match ODI winning streak while racking up 400 runs.

In June, Zaman said his time as former New Zealand skipper McCullum's team-mate with the Lahore Qalanders in the Pakistan Super League was the key to his rapid rise.

"The first time I met him [McCullum], he saw me batting and he told me 'Fakhar, you'll play all our matches, but ensure you play this [style of] game everywhere," Fakhar told cricket.com.au.

"I learnt a lot from him… he's told me so many things that are working for me."

Pakistan looked set to top 400 until former test offspinner Mark Craig applied the brakes, trapping key batsman Babar Azam lbw for six, and removing veteran Shoaib Malik for one. Craig was the pick of the bowlers, snaring 2-51, while fellow spinner Aniket Parikh had the most success but was also expensive, ending with 3-74 off his 10 overs.

Hasan Ali, the world's top-ranked ODI bowler after his dream year in 2017, also showed he could hit by blasting four sixes in his 36 off 15 balls.

Pakistan are down on bowlers with Usman Khan, Junaid Khan and Imad Wasim all ruled out with injury, but still boast an impressive attack spearheaded by left-armer Mohammad Amir.

They bowled tight lines, the fielders chased and dived with intent and they were too good for the NZ XI containing some first-class experience. Canterbury's Michael Davidson (54 off 81 balls) topscored before he was bowled by Hasan.

Faheem Ashraf was too quick and bouncy for openers Ben Beecroft and Jack Boyle while 19-year-old legspinner Shadab Khan, fresh from the Big Bash with McCullum's Brisbane Heat, was tidy without gaining significant turn.

Shadab ended with 4-52 off 9.1 overs.

SHORT SCOREBOARD

At Saxton Oval, Nelson (50-over tour match):

Pakistan 341-9 off 50 overs (Fakhar Zaman 106 retired, Azhar Ali 104 retired, Hasan Ali 36; Aniket Parikh 3-74, Mark Craig 2-51) beat New Zealand XI 221 off 47.1 overs (Michael Davidson 54; Shadab Khan 4-52, Faheem Ashraf 2-21) by 120 runs.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspaper...w-Zealand-tour

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pretty pathetic effort from middle order after both openers got runs, this is what happens when you have a one paced snail like middle order. Regardless of winning game or not scraping to 340 after being pretty much 200/0 is pretty poor.

i can see kiwi bowlers exposing our weak middle order batting during series,

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Pretty pathetic effort from middle order after both openers got runs, this is what happens when you have a one paced snail like middle order. Regardless of winning game or not scraping to 340 after being pretty much 200/0 is pretty poor.

i can see kiwi bowlers exposing our weak middle order batting during series,
    I'm more worried about your bowling than batting tbh. If you bowl well, you should be able to restrict us to chaseable totals.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm more worried about your bowling than batting tbh. If you bowl well, you should be able to restrict us to chaseable totals.
    Bowlers will have to get use to bowling right lengths during series but also get use to ground size and dimensions as kiwi batsmen will score quite freely in these conditions i think.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Stop crying folks, this was all about acclimatisation and getting a good performance under our belts. The openers were excellent and got a score close to 350. The middle order got out cheaply but I assume they were out slogging in the final 20 overs.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QDn5e3J9jV4" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights of the match
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 3rd January 2018 at 12:43.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis need a reason to cry.
    This was a clinical performance even though the boys were chilling.
    Last edited by hadi123; 3rd January 2018 at 18:57.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Imad or Nawaz is a redundant pick in ODI - their job can easily be managed by FZ or Hari. MS used to get 5/6 overs from Sehwag and later Raina.
    Even Yuvraj