Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 481 to 560 of 592
  1. #481
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    867
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada replacing Steyn

    Poor rockstars.

  2. #482
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,361
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Its a tough pitch dude. Indian pacers didn't use it properly.

    Yes, we have away wickets but it ain't some easy pitch to keep batting.
    Did you see the pitches where all 3 of NZ ,Aus AND Pak got bowlee out for under 50?

  3. #483
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,695
    Mentioned
    1111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pachees saal ka badlaaaa


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  4. #484
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,150
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is probably the best pace attack of SA I have ever seen. There is no weakness, freebies what so ever, they are all top tier test bowlers :


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  5. #485
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara just left a similar ball that Kohli got out to.

    Seriously pathetic batting from openers and Kohli. They need to understand they are not in India anymore. They cannot play the shots that they could play in India.

  6. #486
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see more energy among Pakistani fans than Saffers.

  7. #487
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    138
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli keeps getting out to harmless wide balls....and again n again

  8. #488
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,797
    Mentioned
    819 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The only thing that'd be worse for India at the moment is if Shehryar Khan invaded the pitch with banner inscribed "Honour the MOU".

    In all seriousness, there's just no let up in this South African attack. No weak link you can identify.

  9. #489
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    86,482
    Mentioned
    1450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    To me real test now - SA were 3 down too when they mounted their fight back


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #490
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,405
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    THIS is where we need Rahane.

    0-3 beckons.

  11. #491
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,977
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    I see more energy among Pakistani fans than Saffers.
    On a Pakistani forum, that is quite surprising.

  12. #492
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,160
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Did you see the pitches where all 3 of NZ ,Aus AND Pak got bowlee out for under 50?
    I am not comparing with those pitches.

    Saying this pitch ain't easy.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  13. #493
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Pachees saal ka badlaaaa
    At least wait till the match is over before you troll.

    Indian tail is capable of taking the score past 200.

  14. #494
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    7,892
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ke ho gaye!

  15. #495
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    9,182
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's go easy on Kohli. I am sure he will hit a century in one of the innings. He will average above 40 for sure.

  16. #496
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada coming to bowl after 3 down. This is a very very strong SA attack really.

  17. #497
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,405
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    6:01pm A packet of breath for India, that last over. They deserved it on humanitarian grounds. South Africa have completely battered them over ten overs.


  18. #498
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    9,182
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    THIS is where we need Rahane.

    0-3 beckons.
    You are talking as if rahane is the second coming of Dravid. Rohit Sharma is more than capable to replicate his ODI legendary innings in Test matches.

  19. #499
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    To me real test now - SA were 3 down too when they mounted their fight back
    Sharmaji to play a deVilliers-esque inning here.

  20. #500
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa 12/3 = Great batsmen.

    India 28/3 = FTB's

    Great logic by the usual suspects.

  21. #501
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,361
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I am not comparing with those pitches.

    Saying this pitch ain't easy.
    Ofcourse it isnt easy. Even SA struggled on this pitch.

    I was just comparing it with those pitches in previous years and saying they were even tougher.

  22. #502
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    884
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The only thing that'd be worse for India at the moment is if Shehryar Khan invaded the pitch with banner inscribed "Honour the MOU".

    In all seriousness, there's just no let up in this South African attack. No weak link you can identify.


    Bhai you made an old man spew coffee on the first day back at work.

  23. #503
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    147
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just goes to show how incredible was steve smith to get 3 100s in india

  24. #504
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    6:01pm A packet of breath for India, that last over. They deserved it on humanitarian grounds. South Africa have completely battered them over ten overs.

    Not really. Battered is when bowlers keep beating the bat and finally cleaning them up.

    Vijay and Dhawan started very well before gifting their wickets. Their wickets have nothing to do with the bowlers.

    Kohli is the only one that got a superb delivery from Morkel. Even then, Kohli could have left it easily.

  25. #505
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,834
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day of cricket.SA just on top.

  26. #506
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    43
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will be a miracle if India reaches 250 against this SA attack on these conditions

  27. #507
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    8,565
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Anti climatic over by Morkel, 6 balls left in a row. Back to his rubbish, thought he turned the corner.

  28. #508
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    83,239
    Mentioned
    844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    India have to bat well , its not all over yet

  29. #509
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,405
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    THIS is real cricket. Not the joke we play versus Lanka at Pallekele and Indore.

  30. #510
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news will be that Rahul will be confirmed as an opener from next test.

  31. #511
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,405
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    You are talking as if rahane is the second coming of Dravid. Rohit Sharma is more than capable to replicate his ODI legendary innings in Test matches.
    Except that he's played a silver jubilee number of matches and he hasn't done it once.

  32. #512
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Anti climatic over by Morkel, 6 balls left in a row. Back to his rubbish, thought he turned the corner.
    He did make Kohli play the first ball and it was a superb ball.

  33. #513
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,214
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If Kohli can't stop playing the dab to third man, he should stop playing Odis and T20s.

  34. #514
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    8,565
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Not really. Battered is when bowlers keep beating the bat and finally cleaning them up.

    Vijay and Dhawan started very well before gifting their wickets. Their wickets have nothing to do with the bowlers.

    Kohli is the only one that got a superb delivery from Morkel. Even then, Kohli could have left it easily.
    Dhawan was rushed, Steyn cranked it up. I expect similar dismissals tomorrow as the pitch quickens.

  35. #515
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saffers should bowl thrash to Sharmaji so that he confirms his place in the side ahead of Rahane as it would help them win the series 3-0.

  36. #516
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,074
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    To me real test now - SA were 3 down too when they mounted their fight back
    The only difference is SA still had Faf, ABD and De Kock while we only have Pujara.

    Great decision to have Rohit in place of Rahane.

  37. #517
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    750
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I think I may have done something wrogn today</p>&mdash; Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) <a href="https://twitter.com/imVkohli/status/535288969588527104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

  38. #518
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    847
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morkel exposed the same weakness of kohli we have seen in england

  39. #519
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Saffers should bowl thrash to Sharmaji so that he confirms his place in the side ahead of Rahane as it would help them win the series 3-0.
    He can still get out to trash bowling. But jokes apart a perfect time for him to do well in test cricket (will be alot hard) but if he manages to make some partnership and score runs then it will be great for him and team.

  40. #520
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Dhawan was rushed, Steyn cranked it up. I expect similar dismissals tomorrow as the pitch quickens.
    Dhawan was rushed. Not questioning it.

    But no sane batsman would play that T20 shot in a Test match and that too being an opener in the first 5 overs.

    Dhawan should have played with a straight bat and it would be no issue. Clearly shows that he lacks temperament. That is a T20 shot and Dhawan should be dropped just for being an idiot.

  41. #521
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,074
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Dhawan was rushed, Steyn cranked it up. I expect similar dismissals tomorrow as the pitch quickens.
    It was not short enough to pull, not really about the pace.

  42. #522
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    847
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara looks composed,he might scores well tomorrow

    Rest all are hit or miss players

  43. #523
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    If Kohli can't stop playing the dab to third man, he should stop playing Odis and T20s.
    That dab works well in Asia.

    Kohli thinks that he needs to score of every ball even when the ball is bouncing and moving around. It seems to be an urge he can't control.

  44. #524
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,150
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Pujara just left a similar ball that Kohli got out to.

    Seriously pathetic batting from openers and Kohli. They need to understand they are not in India anymore. They cannot play the shots that they could play in India.
    I don't get why they selected Dhawan and Sharma?? - They should have gone for Rahual and Rahana. How they could drop Rahana?? - It was an arrogant move, they thought making 100s in AUS/SA is piece of cake...Those Phatta 200s clouded their thinking


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  45. #525
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,405
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If Rohit scores a 120 tomorrow, all is forgiven.

    But I highly doubt it.

  46. #526
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    847
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subbu View Post
    It will be a miracle if India reaches 250 against this SA attack on these conditions
    There is nothing scary on these conditions..... Ball didn't seam and swing as much as it did early in the day

  47. #527
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,361
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    If Rohit scores a 120 tomorrow, all is forgiven.

    But I highly doubt it.
    Dont know why people are putting it completely past Rohit to score runs. Yes it is difficult but not improbable.

    However i still remember his "sledge" to steyn his last time in SA , "come to India,we will show you there"

  48. #528
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    I don't get why they selected Dhawan and Sharma?? - They should have gone for Rahual and Rahana. How they could drop Rahana?? - It was an arrogant move, they thought making 100s in AUS/SA is piece of cake...Those Phatta 200s clouded their thinking
    I can understand the reason behind dropping Rahane. He was really terrible against Lanka. Looked worse than a tailender. He seems to have lost his confidence. Needed a break. Rohit was scoring so many runs and even in Tests when he got the chances, he played very well. So hard to drop Rohit.

    But Everyone knows Rahul is a much better player than Dhawan in tough conditions. He would never play a bone headed shot that Dhawan did.

    Vijay's shot was horrible. Plays so many dots and finally ends up chasing wide half volleys.

  49. #529
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,150
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Weather it is test or ODI, you bring Kholi early to the crease, when ball is new, chances of him fail is 70+%. There is a reason he does not open in ODI and play one down in test, moving and jumping ball is his weakness. He is no Steve Smith or AB, we may discover that this year.


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  50. #530
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Dont know why people are putting it completely past Rohit to score runs. Yes it is difficult but not improbable.

    However i still remember his "sledge" to steyn his last time in SA , "come to India,we will show you there"
    Steyn never came to India. But Rohit is a boss when batting in Asia. Even in ICC tournaments where the pitches are super flat.

    If the pitch flattens out tomorrow, then Rohit can score runs. But he needs some luck in the first 10 overs of the 2nd day morning.

  51. #531
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    I can understand the reason behind dropping Rahane. He was really terrible against Lanka. Looked worse than a tailender. He seems to have lost his confidence. Needed a break. Rohit was scoring so many runs and even in Tests when he got the chances, he played very well. So hard to drop Rohit.

    But Everyone knows Rahul is a much better player than Dhawan in tough conditions. He would never play a bone headed shot that Dhawan did.

    Vijay's shot was horrible. Plays so many dots and finally ends up chasing wide half volleys.
    Rahane should have given a test match here. If he continues his failures, then he should have dropped. There is no point in picking Sharma over Rahane in South African conditions against South African attacks.

  52. #532
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    86,482
    Mentioned
    1450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    JUST who had the better of day one of the Freedom Series at PPC Newlands on Friday will in all probability not be clarified until well into day two. The Standard Bank Proteas found themselves on 12/3 after winning the toss and deciding to bat first under hazardous conditions to three testing overs from Bhuvneshwar Kumar but critically still had AB de Villiers at the crease.

    The Proteas returning warrior launched a calculated counter-attack that set the mood for the rest of the innings as he and his captain, Faf du Plessis, shared a stand of 114 that enabled the Proteas to score 107/3 in the first session and then 123/4 in the second.

    Their final total of 286 coming at a rate of almost four to the over must have exceeded their expectations after the first half-hour’s play.

    In reply India closed on 28/3 but had critically lost the wicket of their captain, Virat Kohli, to the first delivery sent down by Morne Morkel, coming on at first change behind Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn who between them accounted for both the Indian opening batsmen.

    As always it is better to pass judgment on who holds the advantage until both sides have completed their first innings but with 13 wickets having already fallen for 314 runs the match is moving forward very rapidly and there is nothing to suggest that batting conditions are going to become any easier. If anything, the pitch should become quicker – a point made by Du Plessis when he explained his decision to bat first at the toss – and inconsistent bounce could also come into the equation in the second half of the match.

    It is still early days in the career of Ottis Gibson as the Proteas head coach but, if today was anything to go by, he is bringing a touch of Calypso style to the team from his native Caribbean. In the first place the Proteas opted for the attacking option of choosing four specialist pace bowlers plus the spin variety of Keshav Maharaj, in the second the team opted to bat first when bowling may have been a softer option, and in the third the batting line-up struck 39 fours and 2 sixes which, apart from anything else, was largely responsible for a cash injection of R79 500 into the Sunfoil Education Trust (SET) from the number of boundaries and sixes hit and wickets taken.

    It added up to a day of high entertainment thoroughly enjoyed by a crowd of close on 15 000.

    Both De Villiers and Du Plessis hit 10 centuries in reaching their half-centuries and this was followed by the 60 that Quinton de Kock and Philander put on for the sixth wicket in just 9 overs.

    There was also the justification for the line-up chosen with the first five wicket partnerships contributing 142 runs and the last five 144.

    India’s attack was superbly led by Khumar who deserved a five-wicket haul but had to settle for 4/87 from his 19 overs. Jasprit Bumrah, chosen for his debut Test, started what should be a substantial career with the wicket of De Villiers while the all-rounder, Hardik Pandya, also proved his worth.

    They will, however, reflect on what a dropped chance by Shikhar Dhawan at third slip cost them as it enabled Maharaj to rally the lower-order with an invaluable innings of 35. It is margins of this sort that could well determine which side comes out on top.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #533
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    Weather it is test or ODI, you bring Kholi early to the crease, when ball is new, chances of him fail is 70+%. There is a reason he does not open in ODI and play one down in test, moving and jumping ball is his weakness. He is no Steve Smith or AB, we may discover that this year.
    Bolded part is untrue. You can do an inning by inning analysis of Kohli in ODI's. Most of the times he has scored a ton when he has come in to bat early.

    Still has problems in his test technique though, it seems.

  54. #534
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    133
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conditions are suited for Rohit's style of batting. Expect a big score from him tomorrow.

  55. #535
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^ Clearly SA won Day-1.

    If India were only 28-1, then it would have been even stevens. But losing Vijay and Kohli who are the Top3 makes this SA day.

    Also, India are playing only 5 batsmen. Saha/Ashwin/Pandya can bat. But you cannot really trust them. If India has any hope of competing in this Test, then Saha/Pandya/Ashwin/Bhuvi needs to score at least 100-150 runs between them. Just like how SA batsmen did.

    India has to somehow score 230-240 runs on this surface. Otherwise, they will lose this Test by 8 or 9 wickets.

  56. #536
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,245
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    THIS is real cricket. Not the joke we play versus Lanka at Pallekele and Indore.
    Oh go away. Your favorite form is dying. Face it. Stop all this test supremacy rubbish posts and discuss the match.

  57. #537
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,361
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Steyn never came to India. But Rohit is a boss when batting in Asia. Even in ICC tournaments where the pitches are super flat.

    If the pitch flattens out tomorrow, then Rohit can score runs. But he needs some luck in the first 10 overs of the 2nd day morning.
    How much does steyn average in India?

  58. #538
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,245
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think India will recover. The wicket didn't seem tough. They got themselves out with poor shots. But 17 wickets left, so not over.

  59. #539
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,862
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Conditions are suited for Rohit's style of batting. Expect a big score from him tomorrow.
    This is not Kolkatta's flat road bha ji. The pitch is pretty quick and there is good enough bounce for Saffer bowlers to make Indian batsmen dance tomorrow. Rohit Sharma is not THAT good to change India's fortunes in this test match.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  60. #540
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    How much does steyn average in India?
    Steyn never bowled to Rohit in a Test match in India.

    But in IPL, Rohit has scored lots of runs against Steyn. But IPL and Test cricket are different.

    Steyn was injured during the last SA-Ind series after Rohit made those comments. But Steyn bowled very well in his previous series in India.

  61. #541
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    ^ Clearly SA won Day-1.

    If India were only 28-1, then it would have been even stevens. But losing Vijay and Kohli who are the Top3 makes this SA day.

    Also, India are playing only 5 batsmen. Saha/Ashwin/Pandya can bat. But you cannot really trust them. If India has any hope of competing in this Test, then Saha/Pandya/Ashwin/Bhuvi needs to score at least 100-150 runs between them. Just like how SA batsmen did.

    India has to somehow score 230-240 runs on this surface. Otherwise, they will lose this Test by 8 or 9 wickets.
    Surely, India can easily avoid the follow-on, can't they?

  62. #542
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,454
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    South Africa 12/3 = Great batsmen.

    India 28/3 = FTB's

    Great logic by the usual suspects.
    The thing is SA had two batsmen who could counter-attack. We don't. Pujara is not going to counter.
    And Rohit is very capable of getting out trying to counter. I think we might be looking at a sub 150 total here.

  63. #543
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    1,861
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still 59 away from saving the follow-on!


    I am not one of those who when expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.

  64. #544
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    164
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing to worry 1st day of test match
    India will have to see-off many phases like this if they like to win test series in SA

  65. #545
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,405
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can somebody tell Rohit that it's a 50-over game tomorrow, but with white clothing?

    That's our only chance.

  66. #546
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,695
    Mentioned
    1111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samplepiece View Post
    Still 59 away from saving the follow-on!
    I dont think follow on is an issue. India need to get within a 100 of SA's score to have a fighting chance in this test.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  67. #547
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,292
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ego-gambit View Post
    Nothing to worry 1st day of test match
    India will have to see many phases like this if they like to win test series in SA
    The part to worry is how Kohli got out, and the dumb selection choices. There's no reason for Rahul and Rahane to not be in the side.

  68. #548
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,857
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s funny how people underrate Rohit Sharma here.
    He is a better batsman than Rahane in every format and on any track.
    Ask the opposition to who they prefer to bowl.
    In odi’s, even if it’s flat tracks he has already played great innings against great fast bowlers: in Australia vs Australia, in India vs South Africa. Something no other Indian batsman has done, not even Kohli.

  69. #549
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,695
    Mentioned
    1111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Can somebody tell Rohit that it's a 50-over game tomorrow, but with white clothing?

    That's our only chance.
    Making it an ODI match doesn't change the fact that he will be facing Morkel/Steyn/Rabada/Philander rather than Lakmal and company


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  70. #550
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    Surely, India can easily avoid the follow-on, can't they?
    If India loses Pujara early tomorrow, then we can get bundled for 120 runs. Indian lower order and tail can wag. But can they do it in SA conditions? No sure.

    If Pujara and Rohit can put on a 100 run partnership like Faf and ABD did, then India will more than avoid follow on.

    India should aim to be at 100-4 by lunch. Then the likes of Saha, Ashwin, Pandya and Kumar can push the score beyond 200.

    The partnership between Sharma and Pujara will be the key here. They need to grind it out and endure the storm. If they survive the initial onslaught, then runs will flow in the post lunch session.

    Lots of ifs there. My gut feeling is, India will be bundled out for 170.

  71. #551
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,405
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    If India loses Pujara early tomorrow, then we can get bundled for 120 runs. Indian lower order and tail can wag. But can they do it in SA conditions? No sure.
    Which would be fully deserved with the XI we picked.

  72. #552
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Can somebody tell Rohit that it's a 50-over game tomorrow, but with white clothing?

    That's our only chance.
    Naah. Sharmaji doesn't perform on green tracks which you get at times in odis either. It needs to be a good batting pitch for him to get the runs in any format of the game. In odis, it is the case for most of the time but not this test.

  73. #553
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    1,861
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I dont think follow on is an issue. India need to get within a 100 of SA's score to have a fighting chance in this test.
    If we get past the first hour (the ball becomes older than 20 overs) unscathed, I think we will get close to their score but if we lose a couple in first 30 min with Pujara being one of them, then we may concede a 125+ lead.


    I am not one of those who when expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.

  74. #554
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Making it an ODI match doesn't change the fact that he will be facing Morkel/Steyn/Rabada/Philander rather than Lakmal and company
    Rohit has scored against Starc, Hazlewood in ODI's in Australia. Yes, the pitches are flat there unlike in SA. So the chances are grim.

    Like @Varun said, Rohit's only chance to score runs is if he starts treating this match as an ODI. If he clicks, then he will score super fast. Playing defense is not his stronger suit. He will get out sooner or later.

  75. #555
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,292
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Rohit has scored against Starc, Hazlewood in ODI's in Australia. Yes, the pitches are flat there unlike in SA. So the chances are grim.

    Like @Varun said, Rohit's only chance to score runs is if he starts treating this match as an ODI. If he clicks, then he will score super fast. Playing defense is not his stronger suit. He will get out sooner or later.
    This pitch isn't that bad. They just played terrible shots.

  76. #556
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    86,482
    Mentioned
    1450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a day of Test cricket! 13 wickets fall as India reach Stumps on Day 1 28/3 after bowling out South Africa for 286.<a href="https://t.co/RCDNKxDK1z">https://t.co/RCDNKxDK1z</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SAvIND?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SAvIND</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreedomSeries?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#F reedomSeries</a> <a href="https://t.co/y1DgczG8hd">pic.twitter.com/y1DgczG8hd</a></p>&mdash; ICC (@ICC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ICC/status/949310732688084992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  77. #557
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,326
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    This pitch isn't that bad. They just played terrible shots.
    There is a lot of bounce and a hit of movement available for bowlers. So it wont be easy to play the shots that Rohit plays in ODI's on flat tracks.

    For India's sake one of Rohit and Pujara scores a century here and the lower order and tail needs to chip in with useful 20's. Something SA did when they batted. Everyone after Top 3 chipped in with useful contributions.

  78. #558
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    If India loses Pujara early tomorrow, then we can get bundled for 120 runs. Indian lower order and tail can wag. But can they do it in SA conditions? No sure.

    If Pujara and Rohit can put on a 100 run partnership like Faf and ABD did, then India will more than avoid follow on.

    India should aim to be at 100-4 by lunch. Then the likes of Saha, Ashwin, Pandya and Kumar can push the score beyond 200.

    The partnership between Sharma and Pujara will be the key here. They need to grind it out and endure the storm. If they survive the initial onslaught, then runs will flow in the post lunch session.

    Lots of ifs there. My gut feeling is, India will be bundled out for 170.
    I asked the question because you said India will lose by 8/9 wickets if the lower order doesn't contribute. The only way that can happen is if India aren't able to avoid the follow-on.

  79. #559
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    27,232
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are India playing half the team with T20 players?

    One more wicket for SA and they are into the tail.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  80. #560
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Why are India playing half the team with T20 players?

    One more wicket for SA and they are into the tail.
    They're already into the tail. The tail in this line up starts at No.5 with Talent Sharma.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •