Instagram


Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 190 of 190
  1. #161
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,375
    Mentioned
    4358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    By this logic, Amir must be better than Waqar as well.
    Then he probably is, Waqar surrendered against India and has a god awful record when it mattered


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  2. #162
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,375
    Mentioned
    4358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The fact is you are representing your country and if you cannot be bothered to give 100% in every single match then you do not deserve to be playing for your country.
    But he still helped his country win an ICC trophy not once but twice, why do people forget these moments so easily they are worth their weight in gold. I haven't even been following this series because I don't care, the series just doesn't matter. If he flops in a tournament or against India then I will be the first to vilify him, but for now he has bought himself enough time to avoid any criticism from me until the 2019 WC.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  3. #163
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,725
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    By this logic, Amir must be better than Waqar as well.
    I dont say he is better then any one. Shoaib amd waqar are pioneers of the game but both chocked big time as well.

    Waqar twice and shoaib as well.

    Pak won 3 icc trophies and in 2 amir played a huge part.

    For me he is a legend already!

  4. #164
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,275
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    I dont say he is better then any one. Shoaib amd waqar are pioneers of the game but both chocked big time as well.

    Waqar twice and shoaib as well.

    Pak won 3 icc trophies and in 2 amir played a huge part.

    For me he is a legend already!
    Joginder Sharma must be a legend of Indian Cricket as well i guess then.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    603
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Joginder Sharma must be a legend of Indian Cricket as well i guess then.
    Didn't he only take one wicket in that final?

  6. #166
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    10,695
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Joginder Sharma must be a legend of Indian Cricket as well i guess then.
    Joginder Sharma wasn't the reason India won that final.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,275
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    Didn't he only take one wicket in that final?
    Took the wicket of Misbah who was the main guy. By this logic he must be an all time legend because he delivered in the final.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    603
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Took the wicket of Misbah who was the main guy. By this logic he must be an all time legend because he delivered in the final.
    He didn't really deliver in the final, it was just Misbah who gave his wicket away.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,725
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Joginder Sharma must be a legend of Indian Cricket as well i guess then.
    Dont know. Could very well be.
    Point is no 1 would ever know this joginder if it wasnt for his wicket of misbah.

    All i am saying is that performing in JAMODIS means nothing when you choke during big games.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    9,666
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Amirs problem is technical one; Waqar has pointed this out in matches that he is too wide on the crease to bring the ball back into the right handers. This problem will not go away without months of hard work but it looks like its permanent because its been there since he has come back.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    216
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technical issues are also a way to divert from the main issue, he has'nt bowled seam or swing with the new ball AT ALL. No use of the bounce, no use of the wind, looks like an hyper-inflated Ishant Sharma Amir is underperforming for the last 4 odis now.

    Plus now the Amir non-performance issue is too spreadout, the moral of the rest of the bowlers is also getting affected. Hassan does'nt want to bowl opening spell but was forced to do it which yielded disastrous results. Rumman, Fahim both have tried and could'nt bowl well alongside Amir as New Zealand go slowed in Amir's over and take chanc on the partner bowler.

    Amir needs to get DROPPED or in other words GET SOME REST. They should replace him with Yamin who atleast swings both ways.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,170
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Until he retires as a great at the age of 35. He's a champion bowler and brings his 'A' game against the toughest opponents. Anyone questioning his place in the team should immediately give up on following cricket.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,275
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Until he retires as a great at the age of 35. He's a champion bowler and brings his 'A' game against the toughest opponents. Anyone questioning his place in the team should immediately give up on following cricket.
    He will end up with Bowling averages of 40-50 at this rate.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    10,695
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is why is he scared to pitch the ball up. That's the only way he will be successful, with the inswing he generates. He can never be a back-of-the-length pace bowler because of his height and pace. Even Starc doesn't really on that length and he is a good 3-4 inches taller than Amir. It's not just that he is falling away, his mindset is completely wrong. As a strike bowler you have to attack, no matter how much the batsmen will try to take you on. Seems like he is happy getting that economy around 3-4 RPO and containing rather than doing his main job which is to pick up early wickets.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Denmark
    Runs
    8,399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The question is why is he scared to pitch the ball up. That's the only way he will be successful, with the inswing he generates. He can never be a back-of-the-length pace bowler because of his height and pace. Even Starc doesn't really on that length and he is a good 3-4 inches taller than Amir. It's not just that he is falling away, his mindset is completely wrong. As a strike bowler you have to attack, no matter how much the batsmen will try to take you on. Seems like he is happy getting that economy around 3-4 RPO and containing rather than doing his main job which is to pick up early wickets.
    Bhai he T20 bowler or bowler for english Pitches. J


    DON - "Don Ko Team Se Nikalna Mushkil Hi Nahin, Namumkin Hai!":Kami

  16. #176
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the 4th ODI where Hasan was opening the bowling, is the goal Amir bowling economical, tight spells and then when Hasan comes on he'll have the luxury to bowl attacking spells to pick up wickets? Is Amir low-key carrying an injury that's preventing him from pitching the ball up more? Or is he just simply out of touch? He isn't exactly going for an insane amount of runs a la Wahab Riaz so he shouldn't be dropped but I'm getting kinda worried I hope he becomes that wicket-taking, swing demon in the final game to erase our doubts..

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,264
    Mentioned
    1391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    But he still helped his country win an ICC trophy not once but twice, why do people forget these moments so easily they are worth their weight in gold. I haven't even been following this series because I don't care, the series just doesn't matter. If he flops in a tournament or against India then I will be the first to vilify him, but for now he has bought himself enough time to avoid any criticism from me until the 2019 WC.
    Those are 2 matches you are referring to.

    What about all the matches where he has flopped?



  18. #178
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,275
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Those are 2 matches you are referring to.

    What about all the matches where he has flopped?
    According to this logic, Amir can flop in 98 games but will be a legend if he does well in 2 games for Pakistan if they happen to be finals of premier tournaments.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,264
    Mentioned
    1391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    According to this logic, Amir can flop in 98 games but will be a legend if he does well in 2 games for Pakistan if they happen to be finals of premier tournaments.
    Not according to my logic he can't.

    I want players to give their all in every match, give 100% in every match and I don't see that at the moment from Amir.



  20. #180
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,275
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Not according to my logic he can't.

    I want players to give their all in every match, give 100% in every match and I don't see that at the moment from Amir.
    Agreed and disagree at the same time. I agree he should give 100% in every match like all the other players. I disagree with the theory he is not giving his 100% in every match, i believe he is giving his 100%, the truth is that he is not as good as we thought he was or is, he is similar to the vast majority of the players we keep producing who look good in their first few games, first tour, first season but then get worked over by the opposition and then don't improve and take their games to the next level.

    Should be treated just like how the likes of Rahat Ali, Sohail Khan, Imran Khan and co get treated after 1-2 bad games. In fact these guys will be cursing that their career's got ruined because golden boy keeps getting preferential treatment from the PCB and team management.

    Amir had a poor England series 2016, was poor in the UAE, was poor in NZ and Australia test series but salvaged himself in the ODI series, had a great first test against the WI but went absent in the last 2 test matches, was poor against Sri Lanka in the test series but had one good T-20 game.

    He has flattered to deceive way too many times than he has deceived and on merit should have been benched a long time ago.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,375
    Mentioned
    4358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Those are 2 matches you are referring to.

    What about all the matches where he has flopped?
    Not great that he hasn't performed in those games but even put together, they don't matter on any level compared to the ICC tournament run in 2009 and 2017 unless the opposition is India. He should definitely strive to deliver in every game but personally am not all bothered by these pointless bilaterals


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  22. #182
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,725
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Those are 2 matches you are referring to.

    What about all the matches where he has flopped?
    All those matches on one side and thise 2 finals the other side. The 2 wins the final will remain in memory.
    This NZ odi series will be forgotten in 10 days.

    Having said that Amir can do much better and i hope he will prove it.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    18,272
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Should rest him today

  24. #184
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,645
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..... as long as we let him !!!!!!

  25. #185
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,980
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The question is why is he scared to pitch the ball up. That's the only way he will be successful, with the inswing he generates. He can never be a back-of-the-length pace bowler because of his height and pace. Even Starc doesn't really on that length and he is a good 3-4 inches taller than Amir. It's not just that he is falling away, his mindset is completely wrong. As a strike bowler you have to attack, no matter how much the batsmen will try to take you on. Seems like he is happy getting that economy around 3-4 RPO and containing rather than doing his main job which is to pick up early wickets.
    He is Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    I have never seen him taken apart like Roy done to starc or have an over like boult to hafeez but if it did happen my goodness PP would be in meltdown, and therein lies a problem


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  26. #186
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,264
    Mentioned
    1391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Dropped or rested today.

    Depending on what you want to believe.



  27. #187
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    382
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet if he was performing with the ball, he would not have been 'rested.' Definitely dropped, but just for this game.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,275
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Dropped or rested today.

    Depending on what you want to believe.
    Any news from your sources? Probably both in my view.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,516
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think he has been rested to try out the bench. I don't think Pakistan will drop Mohammad Amir.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    216
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy he did'nt play today, Pakistan looked like a team today during the bowling. It was medium pacers but they bowled executing the plan and hitting yorkers and full something we expected from him but never saw in this series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •