Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 157 of 157
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    511
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    He is only hiding behind Malik and Hafeez. Someone has told him keep exposing them and you will be free from the criticism of any failures. Sarfraz never had traits to lead from the front. It's very harsh truth for some people to digest but he is simply a coward.
    Yes the same way he hid behind them and scored a century at Lord's when we were 0-3 something and we were saved from humiliation.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    154
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    You cannot expect Azhar,Hafeez,Malik,Sarfraz to change over night. They have been what they are for years. Mediocrity of years and years can't turn into class no matter how much we wait.
    But I can expect them to come good.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Need to ditch Hafeez and Azhar. Our batting line up isn't that bad other than these 2. There are enough opitions in our domestic system. It's just about giving them a chance. Our current top 7 can't compete with the best teams.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,197
    Mentioned
    1302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Need to ditch Hafeez and Azhar. Our batting line up isn't that bad other than these 2. There are enough opitions in our domestic system. It's just about giving them a chance. Our current top 7 can't compete with the best teams.
    You think Sarfraz is killing it with his Captaincy? (Obviously, he isn't doing that with bat or gloves)

  5. #85
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    You think Sarfraz is killing it with his Captaincy? (Obviously, he isn't doing that with bat or gloves)

    He is doing a good job so far. More decisions like not giving Hasan Ali the new ball and I will start to question his captaincy. But even if I wanted him replaced , there isn't another opition.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    1,407
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He is doing a good job so far. More decisions like not giving Hasan Ali the new ball and I will start to question his captaincy. But even if I wanted him replaced , there isn't another opition.
    It’s impossible but I think Fakhar could be a good candidate for captaincy.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    It’s impossible but I think Fakhar could be a good candidate for captaincy.

    Not a bad shout but it's too early for that.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,197
    Mentioned
    1302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He is doing a good job so far. More decisions like not giving Hasan Ali the new ball and I will start to question his captaincy. But even if I wanted him replaced , there isn't another opition.
    How do you know? Most posters are confused here because their memory is stuck with Azhar - that itself was a horrible decision and you are doing the same mistake here - banking on a Captain who can’t justify his spot and he is failing in both his votes KPI actually - batting & keeping.

    1st qualification of a Captain in cricket is that he’ll make the XI on players’ merit, because unlike soccer or basketball (any team game actually) you can’t substitute/rotate your starting XI. Azhar was limited in his thought process like his batting and his game didn’t suit the format (he’ll be better Test Captain than ODI), but that shouldn’t be set as an example to protect Sarfraz. If this is Jan 2018, imagine him in June 2019!!!!! Amir, Hasan, FZ, Babar - all cm be groomed into leadership. PCB is digging the same whole, which ‘ll force them to carry Sarfraz to 2019 WC (because there is not enough time to groom another one), when he him self might struggle to carry his body in the field.

    Good chap, great team man but he was appointed at least 2 years late. Now, at least for LO, PCB needs to rethink - at least they can appoint a strong deputy and pick Umar as back-up WK; if Sarfraz can’t maintain minimum acceptable level with bat & gloves, deputy should take over - Sarfu can stay with squad as non playing Captain.
    Last edited by MMHS; 7th January 2018 at 19:46.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    922
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    As I said in another thread, our fans deserve this humiliation and it was a much needed reality check.

    Our heads were in the clouds after the Champions Trophy fluke, but unfortunately, we never learn.

    It seems that our new coping mechanism (coping with defeats from now on) is to talk about the Champions Trophy and post highlights whenever someone criticizes the team.

    The Champions Trophy has truly replaced the 1992 World Cup, and looks it will be celebrated and glorified for the next 20,000 years.

    We need to come out of the Champions Trophy mode and move on. It is history and it doesn’t matter anymore - when India won the World Cup in 2011, they did not use its glory to excuse their abject performance in England and Australia later that year.

    However, in our case, it seems like it is okay to lose to Sri Lanka and New Zealand because we managed to ride our luck in the Champions Trophy and managed to beat quality sides on a good day.

    Unfortunately, this mentality crept into the team as well. It was quite disappointing to see the specialist captain talk about the win over India in the pre-match presser two days ago.

    As rightly pointed out, the batting unit is extremely ordinary and this is why we cannot be the top teams consistently, and have to rely on one-off wins.
    You turn like the wind lol.

    We win CT and you're shocked and appalled waiting for our next loss to toot your own horn.

    Hyperbolic reactions based on one match.

    I think people care more for their own opinions being correct over the team winning.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,939
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    He is only hiding behind Malik and Hafeez. Someone has told him keep exposing them and you will be free from the criticism of any failures. Sarfraz never had traits to lead from the front. It's very harsh truth for some people to digest but he is simply a coward.
    Doubt it. He is restricted by the seniority culture prevalent in Pakistan cricket. Hafeez will throw a fit if his permanent spot in the team is at number 6. That's just the way it is and this particular way is wasting Sarfraz Ahmed as a batsman right now.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,740
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is simply no reason at all for Hafeez being in the ODI side. It's actually shocking that he's still here. MMHS' seemingly crazy but oddly accurate theory of Hafeez being rated as some legend in Pakistani ranks is creepily showing. Azhar is another problem who at his 100% best is simply decent. Even if he tries his utmost best and things are going for him, he barely maintains a run a ball...that's simply not good enough. He's an honest man, not a con man so he should just be convinced this format isn't for him so that he can focus on the format he's world class in for a good few more years.

    Sarfraz and Malik are also problems. Sarfraz has a problem where he's becoming complacent whereas Malik's simply unable to produce regular substantial innings outside of Asia. Both players bring values of other sorts (Sarfraz' captaincy, Malik's actually useful role modelling/experience + both their spin play) which puts them out of the firing line.

    Haris and Imam (for now) should be immediate replacements.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    How do you know? Most posters are confused here because their memory is stuck with Azhar - that itself was a horrible decision and you are doing the same mistake here - banking on a Captain who can’t justify his spot and he is failing in both his votes KPI actually - batting & keeping.

    1st qualification of a Captain in cricket is that he’ll make the XI on players’ merit, because unlike soccer or basketball (any team game actually) you can’t substitute/rotate your starting XI. Azhar was limited in his thought process like his batting and his game didn’t suit the format (he’ll be better Test Captain than ODI), but that shouldn’t be set as an example to protect Sarfraz. If this is Jan 2018, imagine him in June 2019!!!!! Amir, Hasan, FZ, Babar - all cm be groomed into leadership. PCB is digging the same whole, which ‘ll force them to carry Sarfraz to 2019 WC (because there is not enough time to groom another one), when he him self might struggle to carry his body in the field.

    Good chap, great team man but he was appointed at least 2 years late. Now, at least for LO, PCB needs to rethink - at least they can appoint a strong deputy and pick Umar as back-up WK; if Sarfraz can’t maintain minimum acceptable level with bat & gloves, deputy should take over - Sarfu can stay with squad as non playing Captain.

    If he doesn't perform with bat and keeps on dropping catches and the team continues to lose he won't be in the job for much longer. For now I'll stick with him and I think PCB will. He's done a good job up until now. He's managed the bowlers well and the team seems motivated under him.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    This should be your typical line up.

    1.Sharjeel
    2.Fakhar
    3.Babar
    4.Haris
    5.Sarfraz + * (Not above 5 as he's poor against pace and not below 5 as he's poor at hitting)
    6.???? (Pure hitter)
    7.Shadab
    8.Fahim
    9.Hassan
    10.Amir
    11.Usman


    You can bat till 10.
    Based on what? Bro please don't just resonate stuff other people say, and come up with some sort of concrete evidence.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He is doing a good job so far. More decisions like not giving Hasan Ali the new ball and I will start to question his captaincy. But even if I wanted him replaced , there isn't another opition.
    I feel Hasan is clearly more comfrotable with the old ball. Players have their own comfort zones, but with Sarfraz's ambitious plans, won't be surprised if he hands Hasan the new ball.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    How do you know? Most posters are confused here because their memory is stuck with Azhar - that itself was a horrible decision and you are doing the same mistake here - banking on a Captain who can’t justify his spot and he is failing in both his votes KPI actually - batting & keeping.

    1st qualification of a Captain in cricket is that he’ll make the XI on players’ merit, because unlike soccer or basketball (any team game actually) you can’t substitute/rotate your starting XI. Azhar was limited in his thought process like his batting and his game didn’t suit the format (he’ll be better Test Captain than ODI), but that shouldn’t be set as an example to protect Sarfraz. If this is Jan 2018, imagine him in June 2019!!!!! Amir, Hasan, FZ, Babar - all cm be groomed into leadership. PCB is digging the same whole, which ‘ll force them to carry Sarfraz to 2019 WC (because there is not enough time to groom another one), when he him self might struggle to carry his body in the field.

    Good chap, great team man but he was appointed at least 2 years late. Now, at least for LO, PCB needs to rethink - at least they can appoint a strong deputy and pick Umar as back-up WK; if Sarfraz can’t maintain minimum acceptable level with bat & gloves, deputy should take over - Sarfu can stay with squad as non playing Captain.
    He is easily the best keeper-batsmen in Pakistan. Umar doesn't keep and is uncomfortable while doing so. Sarfraz has kept to bowlers like Ajmal and Yasir on 5th day turners of the sub continent, and it's quite baffling how you just undermined all that to just a single drop (a difficult chance as well). As for captaincy, he is the best in the business. Haven't seen Pakistan so united and motivated in a long time.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,741
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    We've missed a trick not having another powerful opener to partner Fakhar Zaman. Most teams in the world have two explosive openers, NZ have Guptill and Munro, but we're wholly dependent on Fakhar for fast starts.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal at 3 & Sohaib at 5 are winning matches single handedly for their domestic side UBL . They r in the best form of their life. Babar can be tried at opener & Umar Akmal at 3 followed by Malik & Maqsood can be the dynamic but vulnerable side. Srfraz is a fighter & decemt captain but lack power hitting ability. His keeping is also not spectacular but safer than Akmals

  18. #98
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,359
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    We've missed a trick not having another powerful opener to partner Fakhar Zaman. Most teams in the world have two explosive openers, NZ have Guptill and Munro, but we're wholly dependent on Fakhar for fast starts.
    We are back in 1990s and openers need to take shine off new ball

  19. #99
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,526
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saabir View Post
    Umar Akmal at 3 & Sohaib at 5 are winning matches single handedly for their domestic side UBL . They r in the best form of their life. Babar can be tried at opener & Umar Akmal at 3 followed by Malik & Maqsood can be the dynamic but vulnerable side. Srfraz is a fighter & decemt captain but lack power hitting ability. His keeping is also not spectacular but safer than Akmals
    Sarfraz has a better SR than Umar Akmal. Let's please not hear more about this man child.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,860
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    We've missed a trick not having another powerful opener to partner Fakhar Zaman. Most teams in the world have two explosive openers, NZ have Guptill and Munro, but we're wholly dependent on Fakhar for fast starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    We are back in 1990s and openers need to take shine off new ball
    ..And Inzi the revolutionary has Imam ul Haq as a back up opener?


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  21. #101
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    172
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Came in here to write this.
    To justify ourselves in the top five, we have to win it 3-2.. and for current 6th rank, we at least have to win 2 games of the series..

  22. #102
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    808
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the user Yasir pointed out that our struggles in batting are due to playing guys in the top order who cannot play quality pace. Azhar and Hafeez being the 2 culprits in top 4.

    For as long as we continue to ignore this, our batting will remain mediocre and highly dependent on Fakhar & Babar to produce almost every game for us to have a chance. So before the team even steps on to the field, we are playing with 2 less batsmen!

    Part of the solution is to replace Hafeez with Haris for good and make Babar open for this series with Fakhar and slot in Aamir Yamin as an extra all-rounder.

    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haris
    Malik
    Sarfaraz
    Faheem
    Shadab
    Yamin
    Amir
    Hasan
    Rumman

    That is the best possible line up from the available squad.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    808
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Sarfraz has a better SR than Umar Akmal. Let's please not hear more about this man child.
    Umar is a better player of pace then Sarf any day of the week, don't think anyone can deny this. And I am a fan of Sarf!

    Our problem in batting is not being able to cope with pace outside of Asia/UAE.

    Fakhar & Babar have succeeded because they can play pace with aplomb. Same was the case with Sharjeel. Umar also has a track record of being able to dominate pacers from Aus & SA.

    That's why I would like to see Umar open with Fakhar but we know our think tank is simply not brave enough nor creative!

    Arthur is mostly all talk about changing the batting culture.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    808
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    We've missed a trick not having another powerful opener to partner Fakhar Zaman. Most teams in the world have two explosive openers, NZ have Guptill and Munro, but we're wholly dependent on Fakhar for fast starts.
    Umar Akmal is an option and I do feel if given the chance he will come good as he will have time to get his eye in and then go after the bowlers. And he's always been good against quality pace! That's our achilles heel overseas. Our top order not being good enough to score runs at a good clip vs quality pace.

    If we look at the Aussie tour from early last year, only Sharjeel & Babar scored runs, the rest all struggled. Then recently Fakhar came on to the scene and also succeeded because he can play pace in overseas conditions. That is the key to turn our batting around. To find batsmen who can play pace with ease in the top order.

    Sure many of you may not want Umar in the team anymore but he is an option however, I am also willing for another young guy who can play pace and be explosive at the top a chance. Best case scenario would obviously be Sharjeel's ban being reversed and he returns to partner with Fakhar!

  25. #105
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,741
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom6 View Post
    Umar Akmal is an option and I do feel if given the chance he will come good as he will have time to get his eye in and then go after the bowlers. And he's always been good against quality pace! That's our achilles heel overseas. Our top order not being good enough to score runs at a good clip vs quality pace.

    If we look at the Aussie tour from early last year, only Sharjeel & Babar scored runs, the rest all struggled. Then recently Fakhar came on to the scene and also succeeded because he can play pace in overseas conditions. That is the key to turn our batting around. To find batsmen who can play pace with ease in the top order.

    Sure many of you may not want Umar in the team anymore but he is an option however, I am also willing for another young guy who can play pace and be explosive at the top a chance. Best case scenario would obviously be Sharjeel's ban being reversed and he returns to partner with Fakhar!
    Umar Akmal did very little in the 2015 World Cup and on our ODI series vs Australia last year.

    Unless he performs extraordinarily well in the PSL and Pakistan Cup, I'd rather we give a new face a chance like Sahibzada Farhan, Hussain Talat or Mukhtar Ahmed - all of whom can open and score quick runs.

    The Akmals, Maqsoods and Shehzads may have great SRs in these domestic competitions (where even Shan Masood reigns like a king) but they've had enough chances at international level.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @sarfiBabarHarris, hope your enjoying Sarfraz "team pick" struggle to get off the mark in a ODI game.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    1,407
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @sarfiBabarHarris, hope your enjoying Sarfraz "team pick" struggle to get off the mark in a ODI game.
    Lol all the hate against one poster just because he backs Sarfraz.

    Some people on this forum

  28. #108
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,306
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great batting again

  29. #109
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    2,219
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guys who are suppose to bat can't bat :/ imagine shadab and hasan coming in at 250-7 instead of 140 for 7 then we could actually get 300+ scores.

    The middle order batting is disgusting, most of them can barely get to 20 runs and they get out in stupid ways eg. Sarfraz and hafeez today.
    Last edited by shokz1408; 9th January 2018 at 01:52.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Lol all the hate against one poster just because he backs Sarfraz.

    Some people on this forum

    No problem in backing Sarfraz but trying to justify Azhar selection in LO format in 2018 is indefensible.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,869
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokz1408 View Post
    The guys who are suppose to bat can't bat :/ imagine shadab and hasan coming in at 250-7 instead of 140 for 7 then we could actually get 300+ scores.

    The middle order batting is disgusting, most of them can barely get to 20 runs and they get out in stupid ways eg. Sarfraz and hafeez today.
    Imagine if Shadab, Faheem, Hasan, aamir batted according to their pedigree in the top order rather than the timid clowns that we call our batting

  32. #112
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    24,537
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 games, rubbish batting!


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  33. #113
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,359
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    MIG seems to be very absent from this thread all of a sudden?

    2 games into series and another pathetic batting performance. Youve got Azhar/Imam playing test match inns in an ODI and then we are 14/2 after 6 overs what good is that?

    Usual failure from malik in these conditions and usual brain fades from hafeez and satfraz when teams in trouble.

    Its bout time captain/coach looked at things.

    1) Azhar ali - simply not good enough game to be an ODI opener in modern era but is persisted with

    2) hafeez @ 3/4 postion - its an insult to selection that hes now seen as best middle order batting option in captain/coaches eyes.. for me if he plays he opens with fakhar or doesnt play at all. Yes he got runs today for once but this nonsense of him being a middle order player has to stop.

    3) malik - always been a walking wicket in these conditions, keeps bern exposed by better teams, yet keeps been picked.

    Sarfraz - not good enough to bat down order his game is suited to top 4 batting position.

    Soultion has to be for rest of this series - azhar, malik out. Hafeez opens or dropped. Sarfraz at 4, haris sohail comes into side.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,860
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    MIG seems to be very absent from this thread all of a sudden?

    2 games into series and another pathetic batting performance. Youve got Azhar/Imam playing test match inns in an ODI and then we are 14/2 after 6 overs what good is that?

    Usual failure from malik in these conditions and usual brain fades from hafeez and satfraz when teams in trouble.

    Its bout time captain/coach looked at things.

    1) Azhar ali - simply not good enough game to be an ODI opener in modern era but is persisted with

    2) hafeez @ 3/4 postion - its an insult to selection that hes now seen as best middle order batting option in captain/coaches eyes.. for me if he plays he opens with fakhar or doesnt play at all. Yes he got runs today for once but this nonsense of him being a middle order player has to stop.

    3) malik - always been a walking wicket in these conditions, keeps bern exposed by better teams, yet keeps been picked.

    Sarfraz - not good enough to bat down order his game is suited to top 4 batting position.

    Soultion has to be for rest of this series - azhar, malik out. Hafeez opens or dropped. Sarfraz at 4, haris sohail comes into side.
    Malik was literally shivering facing the pace on this flat road. Amazing!! This is the most experienced batsman we are talking about.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,741
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Another timid, insipid and turgid batting performance. Modern day LOI cricket is meant to be more batting friendly than ever but you couldn't tell it looking at us !

    Credit to NZ as their fielding was impressive and their short ball tactic worked. But at the risk of repeating myself, in today's ODI cricket you need TWO explosive openers. Without Fakhar, we've NOBODY to capitalise on the first PP. Azhar must go - he had a brief purple patch in the CT but he doesn't have the dynamism and range of shots required to open in ODIs. You can't compete with Guptill/Munro with Azhar/Imam. Babar Azam also needs to show outside Asia and not just beat up on SL and WI in UAE.

    As for the middle order - Hafeez and Malik's deficiencies outside Asia isn't a surprise but what's worrying their strength is thrashing spin - yet they treated Mitchell Santner like Muralitharan on a Day 5 Colombo pitch ! Hafeez held the innings together but I don't see how both men can continue until 2019 WC whilst Haris Sohail rots on the bench. If I had to pick one it'd be Malik as he can bowl.

    Also worrying is Sarfraz's batting form nosediving since appointed as captain. Is this the same guy who scored a hundred at Lord's ? He's not helped by the fact the batsmen above him are consuming so many dots creating pressure on him to move the innings along.

    The batting only clicked once in the CT in the final (excluding the simple chase in the SF) but we've let that paper over the cracks.

  36. #116
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,308
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is a liability in the team. He is an average keeper and cannot bat. He is coming in at N0.5 which means he is kind of expected to finish the innings with some big blows. He clearly cannot hit big. Lacks the strength as well as the fitness to run 2's and 3's.

    Pak should find another WK batsman who can keep decently and hit big. Like a Moin Khan. Sarfraz is not going to cut it.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,492
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Sarfraz is a liability in the team. He is an average keeper and cannot bat. He is coming in at N0.5 which means he is kind of expected to finish the innings with some big blows. He clearly cannot hit big. Lacks the strength as well as the fitness to run 2's and 3's.

    Pak should find another WK batsman who can keep decently and hit big. Like a Moin Khan. Sarfraz is not going to cut it.
    Biggest issue is the extra pounds he has gain. There is no excuse for it. He should be dropped for that alone.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,808
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab and Hassan just showed them how batting is done.


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  39. #119
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,492
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Shadab and Hassan just showed them how batting is done.
    The seniors should be embarassed with themselves

  40. #120
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    349
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan doesn't have a mediocre batting line up. they have a mediocre and outdated attitude, approach and strategy for the modern game. The exact team can put up a playing XI that is capable of playing modern game quite well and win more than they lose. Problem seems to be a uninspiring captain and poor tactics. You already have at least 4 modern dynamic players in Fakhar, Hassan, Sadbad and Faheem. You also have quite good players like Amir, Babar, Shoaib , Hafeez and Harris. Pakistan also bats quite deep when compared to other Asian teams and even Australia. So a change in approach will make them a good team. They still don't have enough to become a world beating team, but they can be good to be ranked in top five and that is with this exact team. So i don't know what is all this grumbling about. Teams lose away all the time. Pakistan fans should be upset that their team management is not coming up with right approach, and instilling right attitude..

  41. #121
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    751
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Worst thing of all is, Hafeez will not be dropped for the next year. He is 37 years old and averages 32 as top order batsman, and in 6 months time he'll likely undergo a bowling test and pass again, cementing his place for another 1 or 2 years.

    Azhar Ali is clearly struggling and is basically a free wicket at the top of the order this series, it's either that or playing at a strike rate of 60-70. Don't know why he was brought back in after getting dropped from the Champions Trophy.

    Malik and Sarfraz purple patch has gone and it also seems as if Babar's has too.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    161
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is Malik and Hafeez, the most unreliable middle order pair

    Name:  MalikstatsinNZ.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  87.7 KB

  43. #123
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    2,219
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Imagine if Shadab, Faheem, Hasan, aamir batted according to their pedigree in the top order rather than the timid clowns that we call our batting
    I actually only felt secure about the batting as soon as shadab came in to bat, literally felt like oh man now we have some stability, our batsman are here. Our middle order batsman should be the tail, even then they're a pretty poor tail, we seriously need some better batsmen :/.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from the other batting problems such as the opening, if you look at our "batsmen" from 4-6, it's not a big mystery why we're struggling. Hafeez, Malik and Sarfraz are not pure batsmen, they were always all rounders and in the case of Sarfraz, a keeper-batsmen. Most top teams deploy proper batsmen in these positions or at least with wih more ability.

    There's also a dilemma with Sarfraz's position, which some have suggested shifting somewhere in the top four. I don't think he's good enough to play that high up either.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,939
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pakistani batsmen and attacking cricket

    It's a bit weird with all the noise made by the team management about aggressive cricket etc, the team is still found wanting when under the pump. We are relying on Fakhar to provide us quick starts and that's that. Nobody else in that top five who can up the tempo when required. If us fans have zero confidence, how does the management have any in these 70 SR batsmen? It's absurd and makes you think that selection is still an issue with Pakistan cricket. Where is the Plan B incase Fakhar departs early or misses a game?

    New Zealand's main strength has been the angles they have utilized against Pakistan on grounds they have grown up on. KW and Hesson have been impeccable and Southee, Boult and the spinners are doing a wonderful job sticking to those plans. What's worse is that Pakistani batsmen are allowing the bowlers to settle into a rhythm, thereby making it easier for KW and co to execute their plans. This is specially criminal with 20 overs of spin New Zealand is offering every match.

    Australia, India, England and South Africa will improvise and make KW think. They will hit atleast one of the bowlers off their lengths and move the field according to their shot zones. You just don't get that feeling with Pakistani batsmen besides Fakhar. Surely Mickey realises this is a massive issue and no amount of purple patch from the bowlers will hide the batting.

    Pakistan has got to improvise or this will end in a massacre.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,359
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    One ODI game. Learn to watch the series first then all is justified.

    No one's been humiliated and this is not a national disaster.
    3-0 down bowled out for 74, same pathetic players showing no intent with the bat and failing again..

    I think this thread is more then justifed. Was this games defeat humilating enough for you?

  47. #127
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    86,303
    Mentioned
    1446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    3-0 down bowled out for 74, same pathetic players showing no intent with the bat and failing again..

    I think this thread is more then justifed. Was this games defeat humilating enough for you?
    Every defeat is humiliating. But being beaten by a NZ side in NZ is not the end of the world.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  48. #128
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,359
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Every defeat is humiliating. But being beaten by a NZ side in NZ is not the end of the world.
    It might not be end of world but its a reality check for deluded fans thinking we were a top ODI team after winning CT. The current batting line up in ODIs is a shambles. I hope captain and coach dont turn a blind eye to things like you are here.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,798
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shoaib malik against top 5 since 2015.
    filtered 2015-2018 20 19 3 486 77 30.37 590 82.37 0 2 0 33 13
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DRsohail; 13th January 2018 at 12:41.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,798
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 average and 82 strike rate with 2 fiffties in 20 matches.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    8,691
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the end of Azhar Ali in ODI cricket. But Hafeez and Malik will make it through to the next series.

    Never thought we would see a soft Mickey Arthur in one of his tenures. Till now he has gone against his own theories and beliefs about building a team. @MMHS.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  52. #132
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,798
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now lets come to legendry hafeez.average 34 with strike rate of 80.a bit better but it includes UAE series against england where he does well.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,798
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    This is the end of Azhar Ali in ODI cricket. But Hafeez and Malik will make it through to the next series.

    Never thought we would see a soft Mickey Arthur in one of his tenures. Till now he has gone against his own theories and beliefs about building a team. @MMHS.
    Very dissapointed with Micky.I thought he will become hard on seniors but ...

  54. #134
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,798
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THe less said about Azhar Ali the better it is.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey deserves the blame the way seniors are getting away with it for years now. Minus Fakhar Zaman in this series we don't have a batting lineup in the top 5. Our actual batting lineup is Shadab Khan, Fahim and Hassan. On their shoulders Pakistani batting actually depends on. Shadab should be promoted if he does'nt score we can't think of scoring beyond 100

  56. #136
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    8,691
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Very dissapointed with Micky.I thought he will become hard on seniors but ...
    We saw this with Dave Whatmore as well. Seems like these guys want to play it safe in order to show the world that they are no troublemakers.

    A Mickey is usual against having so many players over 30 + especially players who are not suited to the modern day game.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  57. #137
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    We saw this with Dave Whatmore as well. Seems like these guys want to play it safe in order to show the world that they are no troublemakers.

    A Mickey is usual against having so many players over 30 + especially players who are not suited to the modern day game.
    This is the same Mickey who replaced politically connected player like Ahmed Shehzad for Fakhar Zaman in Champions Trophy and sentback Umar Akmal [pushed by cs Inzamam] on failing the fitness test.
    He was on the verge of losing another coaching job after loss to India in CT. He should'nt compromise now.

  58. #138
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might not be the end of the world after this defeat. But even by our own mediocre standards, being trounced like this is still extremely shattering.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    8,691
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamstead_joy View Post
    This is the same Mickey who replaced politically connected player like Ahmed Shehzad for Fakhar Zaman in Champions Trophy and sentback Umar Akmal [pushed by cs Inzamam] on failing the fitness test.
    He was on the verge of losing another coaching job after loss to India in CT. He should'nt compromise now.
    To be honest it is not difficult to drop U. Akmal as literally everyone in the country is fed up with him. Shehzad has had its chances more than he deserved.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    283
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is definitely Clarke but I don't why he is destroying his own career by compromising / sacrificing his best batting position, just because so-called selfish seniors (Hafeez & Malik).

    ODI is not all about hitting, slogging. Strike rotation is the key element when the other team is bowling brilliantly and you are not easily getting boundaries. (exactly what NZ did). but pakistani players can't even rotate strikes, they just start blocking all the balls and playing dots. Exactly thats how they lost World Cup Semi Final of 2011, when Misbah Younis Hafeez wasted too many balls which putted huge unnecessary pressure on Umar Akmal & Afridi.

    We as a nation, has to change our thinking regarding cricket. We are basically six lovers. T20 lovers. Tomorrow will be England vs Australia, you will see how both teams will keep rotating strikes, specially their middle order batsmen.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,503
    Mentioned
    1098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Play this team from now on:

    Fakhar
    Amin
    Babar (better start performing or get the boot, can't just wait for WI/SL series)
    Sarfaraz (need to get fit and perform sooner rather than later if he wants to be in the team by 2019)
    Haris (only reason Harry comes in at 5 and Saifi at 4 is because I didn't want three lefties in top 4)
    Talat/Maqsood
    Shadab
    Fahim/Yamin
    Hasan
    Amir
    Junaid/Shinwari


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  62. #142
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,011
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rejoice!

    The squad is pretty much the same for the t20s. We are stuck with these guys for a while.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    1,407
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 yaar what’s the fear of having lefties. Offies are redundant in ODIs.

    If anything it’s an advantage as left arm spin and leg spin are in fashion atm

  64. #144
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    283
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Rejoice!

    The squad is pretty much the same for the t20s. We are stuck with these guys for a while.
    Its ok with T20 but For ODIs we have less time to prepare for the World Cup, only 18 months away.

    Sarfraz needs to promote himself and kick off Hafeez & Malik forever. Do not bring Akmal brothers & Ahmed Shahzad in ODIs again. For God sake PCB.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,197
    Mentioned
    1302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    This is the end of Azhar Ali in ODI cricket. But Hafeez and Malik will make it through to the next series.

    Never thought we would see a soft Mickey Arthur in one of his tenures. Till now he has gone against his own theories and beliefs about building a team. @MMHS.
    Don't think he has much say in squad selection - now Ul Haq & his Captain is in one side. This guy dropped seniors from SAF & made a fight in AUS - probably has decided to stay safe this time.

  66. #146
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    76
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runs need to be on our mind. Problem is when we have a high score to chase, our players don't know how to score quickly but when we have a smaller target, our team goes out with a limited mindset and keep their wicket until the RRR is too high which makes the chase harder (Azhar's innings yesterday). CT brushed over this thanks to Fakhar and bowlers but it has been a problem for years. I think Hafeez and Malik are capable but they play with a selfish mindset which is disappointing considering I think they can play a modern brand of cricket.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,011
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prop558 View Post
    Its ok with T20 but For ODIs we have less time to prepare for the World Cup, only 18 months away.

    Sarfraz needs to promote himself and kick off Hafeez & Malik forever. Do not bring Akmal brothers & Ahmed Shahzad in ODIs again. For God sake PCB.
    It's nice that you are looking at the bigger picture.

    I am just wondering that as fans we had to wait a long time for some cricket and this is what the wait was all about. Now it's even hard to look forward to the t20 series since the team would be pretty much the same.

  68. #148
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,788
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Actually he can...

    Keep him miles away.
    Hafeez and Malik have to be axed and replaced but NOT by Shehzad
    hmm....

    After watching yesterdays debacle - I am optimistic he will do better than several of the passengers in our team. Not saying he is the best we have but he will be an upgrade IMO.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,869
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamad_H View Post
    Runs need to be on our mind. Problem is when we have a high score to chase, our players don't know how to score quickly but when we have a smaller target, our team goes out with a limited mindset and keep their wicket until the RRR is too high which makes the chase harder (Azhar's innings yesterday). CT brushed over this thanks to Fakhar and bowlers but it has been a problem for years. I think Hafeez and Malik are capable but they play with a selfish mindset which is disappointing considering I think they can play a modern brand of cricket.
    Hafeez and Malik are playing perfectly in line with their career performance in tough conditions. No amount of intent or goodwill is going to make up a mediocre technique and a soft attitude

  70. #150
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,142
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One comment I liked from RL that they should select brave kids, the ones who are not scared of shot ball...
    Thing I like about Fahim is that like Sharjeel he is not scared of pull/hooking 150 clicks bouncer... Fahim and Fakhir are at least brave to play big shots against pace.

    Fab Four Azhar, Hafeez, Malik and Sarfraz are chicken against any decent pace, not suited for modern era, learn from England, you need modern batsmen 🙄

  71. #151
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,306
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    One comment I liked from RL that they should select brave kids, the ones who are not scared of shot ball...
    Thing I like about Fahim is that like Sharjeel he is not scared of pull/hooking 150 clicks bouncer... Fahim and Fakhir are at least brave to play big shots against pace.

    Fab Four Azhar, Hafeez, Malik and Sarfraz are chicken against any decent pace, not suited for modern era, learn from England, you need modern batsmen ��
    You need decent batsmen first

  72. #152
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,359
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fully expect Ahmed Shehzad and Asad shafiq to be recalled to boost the batting after this series.. usual stupid logic will be used by inzi and mickey.

  73. #153
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,359
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1st time batting has been competitive on tour and even the pace of the inns across the 50 overs was inconsistent and no wonder we end up with a sub par score of 260. Mindset and intent of batting needs to change as well as batting personnel.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Fully expect Ahmed Shehzad and Asad shafiq to be recalled to boost the batting after this series.. usual stupid logic will be used by inzi and mickey.
    Inzi's logic = more axpeerance palayers.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manager101 View Post
    Inzi's logic = more axpeerance palayers.
    Actually feel sorry for Mickey Arthur. He'll be wondering what he's got himself into, in trying to get a decent team out there, he's having to deal with the cult of seniority and whatnot.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    283
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw out Hafeez & Malik !!

    Sarfraz at least made a good move by sending Fahim. He should havesent him one down when we were chasing in the 3rd ODI, or in the !st ODI.

    Sarfraz should bat at upper numbers. May some one tell him to do so.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    283
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Fully expect Ahmed Shehzad and Asad shafiq to be recalled to boost the batting after this series.. usual stupid logic will be used by inzi and mickey.
    Ahmed Shahzad should remain hell out of the team. So as Akmal brothers & Wahab Riaz.

    I watched each and every ball Haris played today, he is good but he needs to keep scoring runs to stay in the team, otherwise yes very soon we will be dropped. Talent is too much available in domestic circle.

    To me, Sarfraz should bat at No.4 and Babar at No.3 or the vice versa. While Haris or Asad Shafiq at No.5 and anyone among Husain Talat or Sohaib Maqsood should be given chance for No.6 slot.

    We must get rid of Malik & Hafeez as soon as possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •