Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 321 to 400 of 535
  1. #321
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,843
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
    All the Indian batsmen like showing swagger, but put them on the test and they look completely clueless. None of them seem to have absolutely any grit. They don't have a Misbah'esque fighter in their batting line up!
    That's why they (the ancient English) called it Test Cricket.

    It tests the bejesus out of ya.

  2. #322
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    986
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    If our pacers (Amir, JK, Hasan) + Shah are fit we should be able to get 20 wickets.

    Our batting is way fragile than India tho.

    I don't see Asif coming back to Pak XI. A pity, but that's how life is.
    True, SA would struggle to make 100. But wont be surprised in reply everyone's out for 50!

  3. #323
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    726
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit is like a virus with a narrow range of growth-specific conditions.

  4. #324
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Philander is bowling non-stop.

    Surely he has to stop some time?

  5. #325
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,819
    Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raf Pragmatic View Post
    That **** Maharaj doesn't deserve to be in team.
    You mean the fastest South African spinner to 50 Test wickets since readmission ? Joint second fastest in South African history ?

  6. #326
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,843
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMatch View Post
    Rohit is like a virus with a narrow range of growth-specific conditions.


    Man I love PP.

    This right here is signature material haha

    #Gem

  7. #327
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,473
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philander has been excellent with the bowl. This guy deserves all sort of praise. He is on his way to become ATG in tests.

  8. #328
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    3,504
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vernon philander is really underrated on this forum.He is the pick of the bowler in this match.He is really bowling wonderfully even though pitch is supporting him

  9. #329
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    3,826
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well was fun while it lasted, seems like we will always be mediocre in every aspect of this universe.

  10. #330
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We've completely shut up shop.

    Hardly a good idea.

  11. #331
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    3,504
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes kagiso bowl some bouncers

  12. #332
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You drop a player like this for the important 1st match of the tour and pay for that!
    1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (82.8 KB, 274 views)

  13. #333
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wish we had Sachin out there.

    Now there's a guy who knew how to bat in South Africa.

  14. #334
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    986
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Saha surviving! Or is SA simply toying with him?

  15. #335
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    321
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gone with a beauty!

  16. #336
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    986
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will struggle in all formats once Dhoni retires!

  17. #337
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wonder what we have to lose in just asking the rest to go for the tonk.

  18. #338
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    3,504
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Kagiso boy! Finish them now!!

  19. #339
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I hate losing tests like this. I don't mind giant innings defeats. But this...

  20. #340
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
    India will struggle in all formats once Dhoni retires!
    How is this a struggle? They gave good competition in this match just to miss out on ridiculous selections, why bring Dhoni here? Dhawan & Rohit's confidence is now shattered for the LOIs as well with this friendly/family relationships of Kohli & Shastri!

  21. #341
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Wish we had Sachin out there.

    Now there's a guy who knew how to bat in South Africa.
    Dravid too... He used to score runs here and not just block it!

  22. #342
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    884
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I hate losing tests like this. I don't mind giant innings defeats. But this...
    Very reasonable POV. India should have won this (still might, who knows?) but have made a mess of this small chase.

  23. #343
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Dravid too... He used to score runs here and not just block it!
    And Sehwag even better!

  24. #344
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a shame! This was a golden opportunity for India to win.

  25. #345
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,775
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Woww.... I woke up this morning and saw that SA were dismissed for 130 and Ind were 71/3.... and thought its India's game to lose, and now they are 82/7... WHAT HAPPENED


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  26. #346
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing patience with Kohli.

    Whenever big occasion, FAIL.

    Recently CT FINAL, and now this.

    Don't know what to say. Better is we keep playing SL, WI, BAN , away from home.

    Play SA, AUS, ENG, NZ at home..

    We don't deserve no.1 rank. SA is no.1

    Our ranking test:3
    Odi:3
    T20:4

    Don't know what our king Kohli will do in England

  27. #347
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I wonder what we have to lose in just asking the rest to go for the tonk.
    There is no one left with the ability to do that. Pandya was the last one. Even he today he found himself in a defensive position and couldnt just blast out to maximise the runs. This is what i was talking about in the Hardik vs Faheem thread.

  28. #348
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Losing patience with Kohli.

    Whenever big occasion, FAIL.

    Recently CT FINAL, and now this.

    Don't know what to say. Better is we keep playing SL, WI, BAN , away from home.

    Play SA, AUS, ENG, NZ at home..

    We don't deserve no.1 rank. SA is no.1

    Our ranking test:3
    Odi:3
    T20:4

    Don't know what our king Kohli will do in England
    Your username suggest love you have for kohli

  29. #349
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    164
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I hate losing tests like this. I don't mind giant innings defeats. But this...
    Unplayable pitch first conventional swing
    Than reverse swing what now
    Contra swing

  30. #350
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,473
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian side had in them to defeat the Saffers but not this Indian side who are playing in their first match. They can do well in 2nd test if they accept the blunders they did with their selections.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 8th January 2018 at 13:44.

  31. #351
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time, there was a Srini Mama factor. They greeted us with flat pitches.

  32. #352
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Your username suggest love you have for kohli
    Yes I do still. But the recent failures of him when the occasion is big, is not able to accept.

    CT FINAL
    Innings 1
    And Innings 2.

    Against SL , was scoring 200's for fun.

  33. #353
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    You drop a player like this for the important 1st match of the tour and pay for that!
    1.jpg
    Agree and disagree both.

    When players like vijay pujara and virat can fail then even rahane can. He might have scored century but conditions were not that easy to bat as you think when rahane scored.

  34. #354
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    1,861
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    30/0 to 71/3 to 82/7. Games done but hopefully we will bat batter in the next matches.


    I am not one of those who when expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.

  35. #355
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Losing patience with Kohli.

    Whenever big occasion, FAIL.

    Recently CT FINAL, and now this.

    Don't know what to say. Better is we keep playing SL, WI, BAN , away from home.

    Play SA, AUS, ENG, NZ at home..

    We don't deserve no.1 rank. SA is no.1

    Our ranking test:3
    Odi:3
    T20:4

    Don't know what our king Kohli will do in England
    Do you remember what happened to South Africa when they came to India? We have played marginally better actually... Two idiots are at TOP POSITION whose only motive is AGGRESSION, GO BOYS, COME FRIEND LET'S HAVE PARTY idioms! Zero strategy...

  36. #356
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Indian side had in them to defeat the Saffers but not this Indian side who are playing in their first match. They can do well in 2nd test if they accept the blunders they did with their selections.
    Its a very very difficult ask. Indians should be praised to even get into this position where they could have inflicted a defeat on SA.

    1) a pacer friendly pitch
    2) a sensational pace bowling attack
    3) Indian batting which had no practice before it and are known to struggle against swing and seam. They are very good against bounce though.

    These factors are big like mountains. No wonder even Australia struggles to win in SA.

  37. #357
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samplepiece View Post
    30/0 to 71/3 to 82/7. Games done but hopefully we will bat batter in the next matches.
    Next match will most likely be on flat track. Kohli will score century but india will loose as our bowlers will look like trundlers.

  38. #358
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    884
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Yes I do still. But the recent failures of him when the occasion is big, is not able to accept.

    CT FINAL
    Innings 1
    And Innings 2.

    Against SL , was scoring 200's for fun.
    You served them rank turners in India. This is payback.

  39. #359
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    These factors are big like mountains. No wonder even Australia struggles to win in SA.
    Australia wins in SA every time. They tour in late season SA pitches which are dry and much like the Aussie pitches back home, and they romp to victory with the likes of Warner pounding away the runs.

    SA is the only country where Aus can hold their own.

  40. #360
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Do you remember what happened to South Africa when they came to India? We have played marginally better actually... Two idiots are at TOP POSITION whose only motive is AGGRESSION, GO BOYS, COME FRIEND LET'S HAVE PARTY idioms! Zero strategy...
    I don't care, as those were pure turners. Poor pitches.

    Moreover I don't care how SA does. I want my INDIA to win. Simple.

    And who played those two idiots, our Captain Kohli.
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 8th January 2018 at 13:54.

  41. #361
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    1,525
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    You served them rank turners in India. This is payback.
    ... with one pitch being graded 'Poor'.

  42. #362
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Next match will most likely be on flat track. Kohli will score century but india will loose as our bowlers will look like trundlers.
    Where is the next match?
    Durban seems like the only place where India can win.

  43. #363
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Where is the next match?
    Durban seems like the only place where India can win.
    Green pitches are the only ones where we stand a chance. Our batting just has to stand up.

    We aren't playing in Durban this time around.

  44. #364
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    1,525
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Game isn't over yet... These are the scenarios where heros are born.

  45. #365
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,473
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Its a very very difficult ask. Indians should be praised to even get into this position where they could have inflicted a defeat on SA.

    1) a pacer friendly pitch
    2) a sensational pace bowling attack
    3) Indian batting which had no practice before it and are known to struggle against swing and seam. They are very good against bounce though.

    These factors are big like mountains. No wonder even Australia struggles to win in SA.
    Australia haven't lost in SA in last 30 years. This is not struggle.

    Now coming to point yes India did well to reach into this position because with this XI that is the best they could have done unless someone like Kohli would have come up with a masterpiece.

    But a XI where two obvious names could have been replaced with two other names who might have done better for these conditions could have taken this game further close and even emerge with a victory.

    Its high time if India has to win even one match here then send the ladla guy back to India before the next test begins. He played well but he just doesn't make the cut for overseas tests against a good attack.

    Or else better for fans if they are happy only with a few drawn matches alongside a good amount of away losses.

  46. #366
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    Game isn't over yet... These are the scenarios where heros are born.
    The only way we can win is if South Africa choke.

    Which is not beyond them to be fair.

  47. #367
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Indian side had in them to defeat the Saffers but not this Indian side who are playing in their first match. They can do well in 2nd test if they accept the blunders they did with their selections.
    Exactly with those 2 players we would have got at least 50 more runs in the same 73.4 overs! Those guys would have taken strikes from Vijay & Pujara and converted into runs instead of fishing out like this! Do you observe it is exactly the same number of overs South Africa and India played in the 1st innings. it is the "RUN RATE" which is the deciding factor in this test match, and not "TECHNIQUE", "SKILL" or anything... India would be chasing 150 odd runs here actually and at 70/3 Kohli's brain would have been lot calmer (especially with Rahul or Rahane as partner)! Kohli dug his own grave by befriending his buddies! And now even in the second innings it is the same story (SA got 130 in 40 overs, India may finish 100 in same overs!)

    Now the confidence of all 4 guys - Rahul, Rahane and Rohit, Dhawan (for ODIs) will be shattered for this stupidity and over-arrogance! (Funny thing is people may start questioning Kohli's lady luck again to make him furious again Not sure if he comes up with performance this time around!)

  48. #368
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Green pitches are the only ones where we stand a chance. Our batting just has to stand up.

    We aren't playing in Durban this time around.
    Its an illusion really. Just because your pacers compete better with their swing on green pitches, it gives an illusion that Indians have a better chance there. India's best bet is a flat track which would hopefully deteriorate by the 4th day. Durban used to provide that kind of pitches.

  49. #369
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    Game isn't over yet... These are the scenarios where heros are born.
    No
    This is the kind of pitch where hopes come to DIE
    ....
    I.e. - Indian hopes !

  50. #370
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Its an illusion really. Just because your pacers compete better with their swing on green pitches, it gives an illusion that Indians have a better chance there. India's best bet is a flat track which would hopefully deteriorate by the 4th day. Durban used to provide that kind of pitches.
    How are we even going to get 20 wickets?

    The only time we won in Durban it was a green seamer and there was only one guy who scored a half-century - Laxman, who got 96.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...frica-2010-11/

    Back then we were bonafide #1. Not the pretenders like now.

  51. #371
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    The only way we can win is if South Africa choke.

    Which is not beyond them to be fair.
    This would be balanced by Kohli's celebration and Shastri's cheering in the pavilion which could make us nervous!

  52. #372
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Australia haven't lost in SA in last 30 years. This is not struggle.

    Now coming to point yes India did well to reach into this position because with this XI that is the best they could have done unless someone like Kohli would have come up with a masterpiece.

    But a XI where two obvious names could have been replaced with two other names who might have done better for these conditions could have taken this game further close and even emerge with a victory.

    Its high time if India has to win even one match here then send the ladla guy back to India before the next test begins. He played well but he just doesn't make the cut for overseas tests against a good attack.

    Or else better for fans if they are happy only with a few drawn matches alongside a good amount of away losses.
    I was referring to the fact that Australia got all out for 40 odd few years back in SA. But i didnt know they havent lost for 30 years,thats impressive.

    And i agree with the rest. Rahane and Rahul have to be there.

  53. #373
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    83
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    southafrica look a little flat. need philander. they are not cutting singles

  54. #374
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa are a player down !

    Still India on their knees !!

  55. #375
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    How are we even going to get 20 wickets?

    The only time we won in Durban it was a green seamer and there was only one guy who scored a half-century - Laxman, who got 96.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...frica-2010-11/

    Back then we were bonafide #1. Not the pretenders like now.
    Hmmm, also See harbhajan's contribution in that match. Its Massive. Spinners could be the key if they get the right pitch.

  56. #376
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    29,568
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    One more wicket quickly, one more wicket.

  57. #377
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,473
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Exactly with those 2 players we would have got at least 50 more runs in the same 73.4 overs! Those guys would have taken strikes from Vijay & Pujara and converted into runs instead of fishing out like this! Do you observe it is exactly the same number of overs South Africa and India played in the 1st innings. it is the "RUN RATE" which is the deciding factor in this test match, and not "TECHNIQUE", "SKILL" or anything... India would be chasing 150 odd runs here actually and at 70/3 Kohli's brain would have been lot calmer (especially with Rahul or Rahane as partner)! Kohli dug his own grave by befriending his buddies! And now even in the second innings it is the same story (SA got 130 in 40 overs, India may finish 100 in same overs!)

    Now the confidence of all 4 guys - Rahul, Rahane and Rohit, Dhawan (for ODIs) will be shattered for this stupidity and over-arrogance! (Funny thing is people may start questioning Kohli's lady luck again to make him furious again Not sure if he comes up with performance this time around!)
    Its pretty obvious with Rahane or Rahul, Kohli would have felt more assured and calm and could have scored lot more.

    I dont really agree with the scoring rate because the Saffers were facing a good bowling attack while in comparison Indians had to face an ATG attack in first inning so we cant really compare them in terms of scoring rate. Counter attacking Bhuvi isn't same as doing it against Steyn or Rabada. But those two batters would have definitely provided a lot more calmness and assurance in lineup.

    Rahul hasn't even failed yet. Hard to understand why this guy isn't played. He is young, skillful enough across all conditions and is a future prospect.

  58. #378
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,775
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These two can carry India home


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  59. #379
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without Steyn we are here. I don't know what Steyn would have done to this tullaybaaaz 11.

    Aur hum lene aaye hain 25 saal ka badla.

  60. #380
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,775
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Without Steyn we are here. I don't know what Steyn would have done to this tullaybaaaz 11.

    Aur hum lene aaye hain 25 saal ka badla.
    Desi people are too emotional... either their team is the best in the world or absolute minnows... no in-between


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  61. #381
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    942
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA taking the foot off the pedal. The intensity isn't the same anymore. Good time to introduce Maharaj who will be very eager to get onto the wickets column. Plus average batsmen tend to struggle more against spinners.

  62. #382
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,597
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why people downplaying India's effort here

    208 was a tough ask especially when they scored 209 first innings.

  63. #383
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Its pretty obvious with Rahane or Rahul, Kohli would have felt more assured and calm and could have scored lot more.

    I dont really agree with the scoring rate because the Saffers were facing a good bowling attack while in comparison Indians had to face an ATG attack in first inning so we cant really compare them in terms of scoring rate. Counter attacking Bhuvi isn't same as doing it against Steyn or Rabada. But those two batters would have definitely provided a lot more calmness and assurance in lineup.

    Rahul hasn't even failed yet. Hard to understand why this guy isn't played. He is young, skillful enough across all conditions and is a future prospect.
    It is not about counter-attacking, just playing normal cricket. If not for the RR, at least those guys would have assured additional 10 or 20 overs of play (that's mainly because of Vijay & Pujara) Vijay & Pujara will lose their effectiveness if they have players like Dhawan & Rohit as partners and eventually Kohli will be affected. That too when we are playing with 5 batsmen strategy, this is what I call over-aggressiveness and over-arrogance (Did they think that it is like ODI match where they can score at their will!)

    Also, you can attack & capitalize when you see an event on ground (1 of the bowler is injured and they have 1 bowler short) Cannot fill your mind with ATG BOWLERS FEAR (This is what Dravid & Laxman did in Kolkota also at times in Australia, they just attacked & capitalized with right skills & planning!)

  64. #384
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    SA taking the foot off the pedal. The intensity isn't the same anymore. Good time to introduce Maharaj who will be very eager to get onto the wickets column. Plus average batsmen tend to struggle more against spinners.
    We'll be looking to target Maharaj I'm sure.

    And Morkel is the weakest among the pacers. Philander and Rabada are squeezing us.

  65. #385
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Why people downplaying India's effort here

    208 was a tough ask especially when they scored 209 first innings.
    It was . But Virat should have showed temprament . Just look at smith century at brisbane he got his team out oftrouble by grinding the out

  66. #386
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    These two can carry India home
    And I ll eat my keyboard.....

  67. #387
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We're definitely going to lose.

    Whether it's by 80 runs or by 60 is the question.

  68. #388
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,839
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good shot by Ashwin

  69. #389
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,759
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am not watching live and I hope Kohli is no where in the vicinity of batsmen here! His screams & jumping can make even audience nervous!

  70. #390
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,839
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chance to the slips,but didn’t carry,looks like Faf has hurt his shoulder while diving.


  71. #391
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    986
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin looks a decent bat, looks less vulnerable here than most other sub continent batsmen would!

  72. #392
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,839
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indecision between the two batsmen.

    Partnership is 30 now

  73. #393
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    846
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Woww.... I woke up this morning and saw that SA were dismissed for 130 and Ind were 71/3.... and thought its India's game to lose, and now they are 82/7... WHAT HAPPENED
    Your nightmare ended.

    Try not to go back to sleep cuz Ashwin and Kumar might enter your nightmare again

  74. #394
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    15,409
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Your nightmare ended.

    Try not to go back to sleep cuz Ashwin and Kumar might enter your nightmare again
    Lovely.

  75. #395
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,839
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big shout.

    SA review.

  76. #396
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,839
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it’s missing leg stump.Review wasted.

  77. #397
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    27,775
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Your nightmare ended.

    Try not to go back to sleep cuz Ashwin and Kumar might enter your nightmare again
    India still wont win


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  78. #398
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    266
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast India will now lose by less than 100 runs. But that a tiny consolation. After how the bowlers performed, the batters should have done better.

    Once again the bowlers are batting

  79. #399
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    19,384
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    India still wont win
    They might.

  80. #400
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    501
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame Kohli for this debacle ... just terrible selections as captain.


    John 3:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •