User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Two teams booked in Bandipora for playing Pakistan national anthem at local match, 4 arrested

Once again the practice has come to the fore where Kashmiri cricket teams wear Pakistani jerseys and play the country's national anthem before a match.

The latest incident happened at the finals of a local tournament in Arin, Bandipora. The teams involved were MCC, Gondipora and Dardpora Cricket Club. Police booked the players, arrested four of them after a video of the incident went viral on social media sites.

The video shows both teams lined up before the start of the match with one in green jerseys and the other in white. The players can be seen standing with their heads bowed as the Pakistani national anthem played in the background over the loudspeakers. The stadium where the incident took place seems to be a local ground situated among hillocks. Zulfiqar Azad, SSP Bandipora told Kashmir Wire.

"We have made arrests in this regard and have counseled the village elders. We counsel anybody from stone pelters to criminals."

Reportedly the police is looking for the organisers and other players involved in the incident. While taking to Kashmir Wire, Gazanaffar, SHO Bandipora, said: "We have booked the teams under Section 13 of the Unlawful Activities Act with FIR number 4/2018."

Previously also many teams have been booked under similar circumstances. (Kashmir Wire)

Read more at: http://www.kashmirnewsobserver.com/D...6rqxOY.twitter

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Under what charge would the police arrest them?

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good. These miscreants need to be put behind bars and spanked properly till they realize the implications of such anti national activities. Namak harams.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Under what charge would the police arrest them?
    Section 13 of the Unlawful Activities Act

I cant find why playing another nations anthem is considered unlawful. What if they played the Italian anthem would it be considered unlawful too?

India needs to accept the reality in Kashmir, you cannot force people to like you or want them to be with you.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Section 13 of the Unlawful Activities Act

I cant find why playing another nations anthem is considered unlawful. What if they played the Italian anthem would it be considered unlawful too?

India needs to accept the reality in Kashmir, you cannot force people to like you or want them to be with you.
    Italy didn't fight four wars with India and neither does it regularly intervene in our nation with the sole purpose of creating unrest and insurgency.
    Pakistan is an enemy state therefore the law makes sense.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Italy didn't fight four wars with India and neither does it regularly intervene in our nation with the sole purpose of creating unrest and insurgency.
    Pakistan is an enemy state therefore the law makes sense.
    This is my point. Can you show me where in Indian law it specifically states any promotion or pro Pakistani actions are illegal?

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is my point. Can you show me where in Indian law it specifically states any promotion or pro Pakistani actions are illegal?
    Raising pro Pakistan slogans or promoting pro pak actions in India could lead to serious incitement of violence in the country given the bloody history these two Nations share. Therefore it makes perfect sense to book them under section 13 of unlawful activities prevention act.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Raising pro Pakistan slogans or promoting pro pak actions in India could lead to serious incitement of violence in the country given the bloody history these two Nations share. Therefore it makes perfect sense to book them under section 13 of unlawful activities prevention act.
    Violence between who? Remember this took place in Kashmir not RSS's back yard in Mumbai.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Violence between who? Remember this took place in Kashmir not RSS's back yard in Mumbai.
    There have been previous incidents of violence in universities in UP and Haryana between students on similar issues. The law covers the entire breadth of country therefore it doesn't matter whether they shout Pakistan zindabad in Mumbai or at the chai ki dukan in Sri nagar.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There have been previous incidents of violence in universities in UP and Haryana between students on similar issues. The law covers the entire breadth of country therefore it doesn't matter whether they shout Pakistan zindabad in Mumbai or at the chai ki dukan in Sri nagar.
    Kashmir is disputed territory but that's another debate.

What would constitute breaking this law? Is it the anthem or wearing a Pakistan shirt, perhaps listenting to the song Dil Dil Pakistan?

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kashmir is disputed territory but that's another debate.

What would constitute breaking this law? Is it the anthem or wearing a Pakistan shirt, perhaps listenting to the song Dil Dil Pakistan?
    Anything which stirs up violence.
    Dil dil Pakistan is a mediocre song with generic sound. Doubt that would do any harm.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should just t charge the entire IoK region. Even then the Kashmiris will not stop respecting and loving Pakistan

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anything which stirs up violence.
    Dil dil Pakistan is a mediocre song with generic sound. Doubt that would do any harm.
    Lets not beat around the bush here. India feels embarrased when Kashmiri's support Pakistan. Imagine telling the world the land belongs to you but the vast majority of people dont want to be part of your nation. And a large proportion love Pakistan.

India exports millions worth to Pakistan, it should stop this first if it's an enemy nation.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India ki jali... jali na???

Love you Kashmiri bros

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good. These miscreants need to be put behind bars and spanked properly till they realize the implications of such anti national activities. Namak harams.
    I mean I get your point, I'd be angry too if roles were reversed but then again I'd also be man enough to admit this kind of attitude is the reason people are pushed away. Beat them up and their anger would go up and anyone who is close to them will hate India too.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pakistan national anthem plays at J&K cricket match; three players held

Jammu and Kashmir police have arrested three local cricket players after a video surfaced on Facebook that showed the Pakistan national anthem playing during a cricket match in Bandipore.

The video that popped up on Facebook on Saturday showed two cricket teams lined up on the pitch before the start of a match. As both the teams lined up, the Pakistan national anthem played.

More bla bla.
    http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...-held-5015513/

I mean come on India You are acting like a villain here. Arresting youth. Suppressing them. It makes you look an oppressor of public opinion.

How can they expect new Kashmiri generations to feel Indians when they are arresting them as if they were killers

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meanwhile there is a video of a man beating another man to death and burning him alive for being muslim, i wonder if they have arrested him or if it has made headline news in wonderful progressive India

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/row-...anthem-1797972

SRINAGAR: A video of Kashmiri cricketers standing up for the Pakistani national anthem in north Kashmir's Bandipore has gone viral on social media, triggering a controversy. Two Kashmiri cricket teams have been booked and several players reportedly detained for standing just when Pakistan's national anthem was being played at a cricket match last week.

The issue was raised in the state assembly today. Bandipore legislator Usman Majeed made a fervent appeal to the government to release the cricketers and show leniency for them on the pattern of stone throwers.

"There were some mischievous elements who created this problem, it is a far flung area and I think people were made to do this under pressure, police is now after the cricketers and this has also come in the media, but I don't think cricketers had any bad intentions," said Mr Majeed.

Joining the chorus, independent legislator Engineer Rashid - who was marshalled out of the assembly - said it was no crime to sing Pakistani anthem and the government action smacks of hypocrisy.

"If this is a crime, Mehbooba Mufti used to wear green clothes for eight years and wave green handkerchiefs, even Mufti saab thanked Pakistan after the elections, then case must be registered against them also," Mr Rashid said.

But the ruling BJP says it won't allow anti national activities in the state.

"Those who do such mischiefs like wearing Pakistani uniform and singing Pakistani anthem, government has put such elements behind the bars. Jammu and Kashmir is India and only Indian anthem will be played here and Indian tricolour unfurled," said BJP legislator Ravinder Raina.

This is not the first time cricket matches have led to arrests in Kashmir. Several Kashmiri cricketers were reportedly detained last year in Ganderbal district after a video clip surfaced in social media showing them wearing the Pakistani team's jersey with the neighbouring country's national anthem playing in the background.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's to say those kids weren't paid to do this act?

I mean anything to get such things viral and then make people think this is the larger sentiment in the region.

Smart but quite a predictable move. IMO Indians need to be less offended about it, let few kids keep doing it, they will get bored eventually.

Tbh they couldn't careless what national anthem is played. Once you give the some money, they will stand with their head bowed down to Shaq's Man's not hot too.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India needs Azadi from Kashmir.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Tbh they couldn't careless what national anthem is played. Once you give the some money, they will stand with their head bowed down to Shaq's Man's not hot too.
    "Tbh" lol speaking as if you are an expert on how every single Kashmiri behaves.

Your post is absolute garbage.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    "Tbh" lol speaking as if you are an expert on how every single Kashmiri behaves.

Your post is absolute garbage.
    Well obviously you will find it garbage.

Because it is romantic to think whole Kashmir is waiting to rejoin Pakistan. However apart from few paid theatrics such as this, I don't think there is anything happening in Kashmir to suggest fantasies of many from the other side of the border will come to reality.

These kids, well for a few bucks are throwing away their future. Hopefully their parents /elders knock some sense into them.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

MLAs bat for release of cricketers held for playing Pak anthem

Congress legislator Usman Majeed and Independent MLA Engineer Rashid today strongly raised in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly the issue of four cricketers being detained for allegedly playing the Pakistani national anthem before a cricket match in Bandipora district on Sunday.

Majeed urged the state government to "pardon" the young cricketers, while Rashid tried to defend them and protested in the House. Rashid was subsequently marshalled out of the House.

"I say sorry on their behalf in the House," Majeed said.

"They should be pardoned and cases against them should be withdrawn, as the government has withdrawn cases against stone pelters... We want our youth to take a positive direction," he said.

The Jammu and Kashmir Police arrested the four cricketers after a video surfaced on the Internet, purportedly showing the young men playing Pakistan's national anthem ahead of a match.

Speaking to reporters later, Majeed strongly batted for their release. He said the cricketers might have acted under pressure from mischievous elements during the cricket match.

"The police is after them. Some of them are in jail and others are on the run as media has given a lot of attention... I have raised the issue before the government to pardon them," he said.

Raising the issue, MLA Rashid protested in the House and was soon marshaled out of the Assembly on the direction of the Speaker.

Later, he told reporters that his colleague in the House, Majeed, should not have apologised for the cricketers.

"Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti had been seeking votes for last eight years by displaying green clothes. Mufti Mohammad Sayeed thanked Pakistan and militants for his victory in the elections. An FIR should be registered against Mehbooba Mufti if you have registered FIR against the cricketers," Rashid said.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...anthem/1226254

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's to say those kids weren't paid to do this act?

I mean anything to get such things viral and then make people think this is the larger sentiment in the region.

Smart but quite a predictable move. IMO Indians need to be less offended about it, let few kids keep doing it, they will get bored eventually.

I dont think Kashmiris from the Indian side want to join Pak anymore. That movement died out long time ago.

But they do want independence from India, there is no denying that.

They haven't been paid to do this. This is clearly an act of defiance against what they see as an occupying force.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    I dont think Kashmiris from the Indian side want to join Pak anymore. That movement died out long time ago.

They haven't been paid to do this. This is clearly an act of defiance against what they see as an occupying force.
    It's interesting you say that, do you know the reason behind this?

Don't know much about subcontinent politics but for the longest time I thought Kashmiris in IoK wanted to be part of Pakistan.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post

Don't know much about subcontinent politics but for the longest time I thought Kashmiris in IoK wanted to be part of Pakistan.
    A small chunk of them want to be with Pakistan. Majority want independence from India first and then they will decide their own future.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why someone would not want to be called an Indian is beyond me. You get to be a citizen of the regional and soon to be global super power, the perks include having the strong indian passport, easy recognition and admiration from foreigners, and so many job opportunities and even chance to act in Bollywood if you have looks.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post

They did want to be part of Pakistan at one point during the peak of the seperatist movement and the resulting human rights violations by the Indian forces.

I think it may be an issue of being cut off from anything related to Pakistan, I mean sure they might support the Pakistani cricket team or maybe watch some Pakistani dramas but other than that they are pretty cut off from Pakistan. Also, Pakistan doesn't have the best image in the world right now. It is viewed by outsiders as largely underdeveloped, not doing well economically, and plagued with terrorism. Wouldn't blame them for not wanting to join.

But they relate even less with India, they just consider themselves a separate people.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Why someone would not want to be called an Indian is beyond me. You get to be a citizen of the regional and soon to be global super power, the perks include having the strong indian passport, easy recognition and admiration from foreigners, and so many job opportunities and even chance to act in Bollywood if you have looks.
    I still don't get your posts.

Some are insightfully introspective others are painfully patriotic to the point where it sounds like sarcasm.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not start a BDS type movement for the Kashmiris? It worked for the palestinians.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I still don't get your posts.

Some are insightfully introspective others are painfully patriotic to the point where it sounds like sarcasm.
    Care to point out what sounded like sarcasm?? I say this as a neutral, that when it comes to choosing Indian citizenship, it should be a no brainer. Only slight concern should be if you are a muslim, but even then India has so much to offer to muslims, unrestricted access to mosques from Mughal era, freedom to practice Sharia in civil matters, the strong passport where even US allows visa when it sees Indian nationality for a muslim, first choice employment in Bollywood and cultural domination in food, songs and arts.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well obviously you will find it garbage.

Because it is romantic to think whole Kashmir is waiting to rejoin Pakistan. However apart from few paid theatrics such as this, I don't think there is anything happening in Kashmir to suggest fantasies of many from the other side of the border will come to reality.

These kids, well for a few bucks are throwing away their future. Hopefully their parents /elders knock some sense into them.
    "You dont think". Okay. So its your imagination. It doesnt matter then. Your opinion is insignificant and doesnt change the reality. Keep letting your imagination run wild. Soon you will see Indian army playing with unicorns.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the first time India has done so and not the last either. It has been happening for more than a decade and this will just carry on happening.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are days after reading this sort of news I would wish that India just gives Kashmir of to be on its own or join Pakistan be independent and whatever and India can then just build a big wall to keep them ( Pakistan/China/ Afghanistan) all out similar to one of Trumps rants and I would like to see how those people there really fare off.

Heck if they find true happiness then so be it. I really think keeping Kashmir in more ways than one is just holding India back from achieving its goals and objectives. And then right after that I think of all the problems that would arise out of doing something like that and I think better to just keep the status quo...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    LMAO, you do realise Indians are treated the worst in the west, don't know what you mean by admiration from foreigners

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They haven't been paid to do this.
    This is clearly an act of defiance against what they see as an occupying force.
    Okay, if you say so.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    "You dont think". Okay. So its your imagination. It doesnt matter then. Your opinion is insignificant and doesnt change the reality. Keep letting your imagination run wild. Soon you will see Indian army playing with unicorns.
    Funny how you ridicule my assumption and go onto propagate yours as a fact.

I guess if you are saying that Kashmiris want freedom from India and want to join Pakistan it is assumed to be a fact no matter how different the situation is in ground.

You sure I am the one that's imagining things?