Instagram

SportsFever360

International Cricketers XI

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 44 of 44
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    90,861
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    On this day, 11th January 1972 : East-Pakistan became the independent state of Bangladesh

    Another tough day for Pakistanis to remember and a day of joy for Bangladeshis!

    "On 16 December 1971, Lt. Gen A. A. K. Niazi, CO of Pakistan Army forces located in East Pakistan signed the Instrument of Surrender and the nation of Bangla Desh ("Country of Bengal") was finally established the following day. At the time of surrender only a few countries had provided diplomatic recognition to the new nation. Over 90,000 Pakistani troops surrendered to the Indian forces making it the largest surrender since World War II.[66][67] The new country changed its name to Bangladesh on 11 January 1972 and became a parliamentary democracy under a constitution"

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bangladesh


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,773
    Mentioned
    1283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Till this day i have wondered how a man winning 81 seats in a 300 seat Assembly could stop a man winning 160 seats from becoming PM, leading to a genocide and ultimately seccession of Bangladesh, and still be regarded as a cult hero.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,050
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was all avoidable if a United Bengal was formed, which was a serious proposition around the time of parition. Putting two distinct regions together that were a thousand miles a part was alway going to be a recipe for disaster.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,786
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    This was all avoidable if a United Bengal was formed, which was a serious proposition around the time of parition. Putting two distinct regions together that were a thousand miles a part was alway going to be a recipe for disaster.
    Cop out. "it was fate".

    Aren't the remaining portions of Pakistan drastically different like night and day. Pashtuns, Baloch are markedly different linguistically, culturally, and philosophically. Of course strife continues for those very reasons. But few people are talking about geographical distance.

    Pakistan's leaders led the nation first to ghastly crimes and then defeat. Its unfortunate that so many even in 2018 lack the ability for a little introspection.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,050
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Cop out. "it was fate".

    Aren't the remaining portions of Pakistan drastically different like night and day. Pashtuns, Baloch are markedly different linguistically, culturally, and philosophically. Of course strife continues for those very reasons. But few people are talking about geographical distance.

    Pakistan's leaders led the nation first to ghastly crimes and then defeat. Its unfortunate that so many even in 2018 lack the ability for a little introspection.
    At least all the provinces of Pakistan are right next to each other and there have been migrations across different provinces for centuries. There was no historical migration to bengal, that said I don't condone the genocide that took place, it is something that I as a Pakistani-American am ashamed of but I was suggesting the idea of all this being avoidable if an unnatural union of two landmasses thousands of miles apart didn't happen.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,786
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    At least all the provinces of Pakistan are right next to each other and there have been migrations across different provinces for centuries. There was no historical migration to bengal, that said I don't condone the genocide that took place, it is something that I as a Pakistani-American am ashamed of but I was suggesting the idea of all this being avoidable if an unnatural union of two landmasses thousands of miles apart didn't happen.
    Right. I'm just saying its too simplistic of an answer. Same with thinking cross-migration is a magic cure all. Bangladesh, despite its small size, is not as homogenous as most people assume. Google/wikipedia suggests that 98% of the population are ethnic "Bengali", but even that includes at least 3 distinct sub-groups (those who speak standard Bengali, Chittagonian, and Sylheti). There has been significant cross migration into Bengal over the past 1000 years as well. Perhaps not to the same scale as Pakistan, but its not like there was a magic wall around the borders of Bangladesh keeping Turks, Persians, and Afghans out. Far from it in fact.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,358
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulation to India for a mission they planned and executed well.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    8,306
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good.


    Sadi rees kaun kar lau sanu rab na banaya badshah.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does not bother me in the slightest. With a massive country like India in the middle such an arrangement of two Pakistan's being one country with a massive gap in between was never going to work. It was the most ridiculous arrangement ever.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,686
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Congratulation to India for a mission they planned and executed well.
    Yeah right....maybe if the Pakistan government/ military treated the people of East Pakistan right and as equals things would have panned better?

    North,East,West and South India have some if not a lot of cultural differences too and language barrier ... why can’t Pakistan plan to separate them?

    Kashmir is a different mess. we can get into that later but it’s not even comparable to the whole Bangladesh war.

    Stop blaming stuff on India and reflect the mistakes that were made.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,358
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    Yeah right....maybe if the Pakistan government/ military treated the people of East Pakistan right and as equals things would have panned better?

    North,East,West and South India have some if not a lot of cultural differences too and language barrier ... why can’t Pakistan plan to separate them?

    Kashmir is a different mess. we can get into that later but it’s not even comparable to the whole Bangladesh war.

    Stop blaming stuff on India and reflect the mistakes that were made.
    Don;t tell me the "war of independence" was not funded and initiated by India. How come Kashmir is still occupied by India and BD got " independence" from Pakistan. I declare India the winner in this regard and Pakistan, Kashmiris and DB the losers.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,773
    Mentioned
    1283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Don;t tell me the "war of independence" was not funded and initiated by India. How come Kashmir is still occupied by India and BD got " independence" from Pakistan. I declare India the winner in this regard and Pakistan, Kashmiris and DB the losers.
    Can you please answer my question in post no.2 ?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,238
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Till this day i have wondered how a man winning 81 seats in a 300 seat Assembly could stop a man winning 160 seats from becoming PM, leading to a genocide and ultimately seccession of Bangladesh, and still be regarded as a cult hero.
    Bhutto's double games and incendiary statements antagonised the Bengalis but people unfairly pin everything on him. Before the 1970 election, Yahya introduced the Legal Framework Order which gave him power to veto any constitution prepared by an elected assembly, demonstrating that the military wouldn't countenance handing over power to any party either in the Western or Eastern wing, that it perceived as undermining its interests no matter the verdict of the people.

    Brigadier A.R. Siddiqi, the head of the ISPR, wrote "the right of a provincial party to frame the Constitution and run the national government for the next five years was not acceptable to the military high command." Simply put, the generals would not transfer power.

    Whilst the talks between Mujib and Bhutto were deadlocked, the talks never broke down as per the common view but unilaterally abandoned on the orders of Yahya and his hawks in the NSC with their military action. The tragedy is that Mujib's conception of a free Bengali nation was not incompatible with something less than an independent, sovereign state. Awami League sent proposals even as late as March 1971 for a Confederation of Pakistan, allowing PPP to govern West Pakistan.

    Ultimately, Yahya had decided on military action months before and behaved like his British predecessors in playing a game of divide and rule - pitting the PPP and the Awami League against each other whilst plans to roll in the tanks were drawn up. It was drunkard Yahya who postponed the National Assembly session for 3rd March 1971 and didn't announce an alternative date resulting in violent protests in the East. Bhutto obviously inflamed the situation by boycotting the NA session leading to an impression of collusion and that he was stalling at Yahya's behest.

    There were honourable exceptions within the military - the governor of East Pakistan Admiral Ahsan and General Sahibzada Yaqub Khan, commander of the eastern forces, resigned as they rightly saw no good in abandoning political dialogue and pursuing the military course that proved disasterous.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,605
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    This was all avoidable if a United Bengal was formed, which was a serious proposition around the time of parition. Putting two distinct regions together that were a thousand miles a part was always going to be a recipe for disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Does not bother me in the slightest. With a massive country like India in the middle such an arrangement of two Pakistan's being one country with a massive gap in between was never going to work. It was the most ridiculous arrangement ever.
    This was one of the first proposed plans for pakistan . Imagine how this would've panned out



    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Cop out. "it was fate".

    Aren't the remaining portions of Pakistan drastically different like night and day. Pashtuns, Baloch are markedly different linguistically, culturally, and philosophically. Of course strife continues for those very reasons. But few people are talking about geographical distance.
    Look at your neighbors dude, our situation was far far more complex. We made it work, you could've, but didnt . As south Indians we always complain about how North/Hindi centric India is, but that is nothing compared to how Punjab-centric pakistan has always been.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    32,956
    Mentioned
    1447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for Bangladesh, they would have never achieved their potential in a united Pakistan because of superiority complex of West Pakistanis. Unfortunately rather than taking ownership of their new country and making it a modern progress secular Muslim state, Bangladesh became India's poodle. All is not lost, they have a fast growing economy and a population that is rapidly attaining literacy, hopefully they are able to get rid of the witch at the helm and achieve what Sheikh Mujib wanted to achieve.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    13,628
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @SandyB The state of Hyderabad was never going to be part of Pakistan considering the absolutely logistically nightmare it would have been for both the governments. Mountbatten already ruled out it's merger with Pakistan citing the same reasons. In fact , by the same token NWFP would have been part of India but since it wasn't feasible to do , this plan was quashed as well.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,050
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    This was one of the first proposed plans for pakistan . Imagine how this would've panned out





    Look at your neighbors dude, our situation was far far more complex. We made it work, you could've, but didnt . As south Indians we always complain about how North/Hindi centric India is, but that is nothing compared to how Punjab-centric pakistan has always been.
    Pakistan is far from Punjabi centric, you clearly haven't been there nor do you seem to know the Pakistani community.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    900
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    @SandyB The state of Hyderabad was never going to be part of Pakistan considering the absolutely logistically nightmare it would have been for both the governments. Mountbatten already ruled out it's merger with Pakistan citing the same reasons. In fact , by the same token NWFP would have been part of India but since it wasn't feasible to do , this plan was quashed as well.
    NWFP (KPK) voted in favour of Pakistan and not India.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,773
    Mentioned
    1283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    NWFP (KPK) voted in favour of Pakistan and not India.
    A election that was marred by violence and boycotted by the greatest Pashtun leader Bacha Khan.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,773
    Mentioned
    1283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Good for Bangladesh, they would have never achieved their potential in a united Pakistan because of superiority complex of West Pakistanis. Unfortunately rather than taking ownership of their new country and making it a modern progress secular Muslim state, Bangladesh became India's poodle. All is not lost, they have a fast growing economy and a population that is rapidly attaining literacy, hopefully they are able to get rid of the witch at the helm and achieve what Sheikh Mujib wanted to achieve.
    On one hand you berate West Pakistanis for their arrogance and on the other hand you want BD to be what you want it to be, remove a leader you do not like and call her a witch.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    16,462
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    This was one of the first proposed plans for pakistan . Imagine how this would've panned out

    Pretty sure I'd be a prolific member of OsmanPassion.Net in another universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Good for Bangladesh, they would have never achieved their potential in a united Pakistan because of superiority complex of West Pakistanis. Unfortunately rather than taking ownership of their new country and making it a modern progress secular Muslim state, Bangladesh became India's poodle. All is not lost, they have a fast growing economy and a population that is rapidly attaining literacy, hopefully they are able to get rid of the witch at the helm and achieve what Sheikh Mujib wanted to achieve.
    You do realize that Sheikh Hasina is Mujib's daughter?

  22. #22
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,050
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Pretty sure I'd be a prolific member of OsmanPassion.Net in another universe.



    You do realize that Sheikh Hasina is Mujib's daughter?
    So? He must be disappointed.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    32,956
    Mentioned
    1447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Pretty sure I'd be a prolific member of OsmanPassion.Net in another universe.



    You do realize that Sheikh Hasina is Mujib's daughter?
    Same way Benazir was ZAB's daughter but her policies were very different.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,605
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Pretty sure I'd be a prolific member of OsmanPassion.Net in another universe.
    And I'd be living in the border of Maplistan ..

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,558
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    East Pakistan with India in the middle was never going to work out in the long run. Pakistani's just never shared much in common with the Bengali nation. In fact it was remarkable how much limelight Pakistan enjoyed from 1972 to 1977 under Zulfiqar Bhutta with world leaders coming and visiting Pakistan. People still remember Zulfiqar Bhutto and the fact he uplifted the confidence and morale of the nation after the events of 1971.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,358
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    East Pakistan with India in the middle was never going to work out in the long run. Pakistani's just never shared much in common with the Bengali nation. In fact it was remarkable how much limelight Pakistan enjoyed from 1972 to 1977 under Zulfiqar Bhutta with world leaders coming and visiting Pakistan. People still remember Zulfiqar Bhutto and the fact he uplifted the confidence and morale of the nation after the events of 1971.
    Yeah, after playing his dirty hand in breaking the country in two. He had no political future in united Pakistan.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    This was one of the first proposed plans for pakistan . Imagine how this would've panned out





    Look at your neighbors dude, our situation was far far more complex. We made it work, you could've, but didnt . As south Indians we always complain about how North/Hindi centric India is, but that is nothing compared to how Punjab-centric pakistan has always been.
    You know nothing about Pak unless have visited. Punjab is the largest province in Pak so naturally dominates in many spheres of the country. You made what work? Delhi has no control over all those place s where insurgency is raging in India? If Pak is Punjab centric then India is Maharashtra centric and totally dominated by them.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    16,462
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    You know nothing about Pak unless have visited. Punjab is the largest province in Pak so naturally dominates in many spheres of the country. You made what work? Delhi has no control over all those place s where insurgency is raging in India? If Pak is Punjab centric then India is Maharashtra centric and totally dominated by them.
    Maharashtra has less than 8% of India's population. Pakistani Punjab has over 50% of Pakistan's population.

    States like Maharashtra and Karnataka are so overrated anyway. You remove Mumbai and Bangalore respectively and you'll be left with an outfit floundering to even find a capital city a la Andhra Pradesh.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Maharashtra has less than 8% of India's population. Pakistani Punjab has over 50% of Pakistan's population.

    States like Maharashtra and Karnataka are so overrated anyway. You remove Mumbai and Bangalore respectively and you'll be left with an outfit floundering to even find a capital city a la Andhra Pradesh.
    That is coz Pak is a much small country, innit!. So if Punjab is over 50% Pak territory then obviously it will dominate, only natural. The Pathans however also play a crucial role in Pak entertainment and Sport as well. We do need to bring the Baluch and kabayali ilaaka as we call it in to the mainstream as well. Karachi still remains our economic hub. When people think India they think Mumbai, Maharashtra is Mumbai to the outside world.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,727
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    You know nothing about Pak unless have visited. Punjab is the largest province in Pak so naturally dominates in many spheres of the country. You made what work? Delhi has no control over all those place s where insurgency is raging in India? If Pak is Punjab centric then India is Maharashtra centric and totally dominated by them.


    Haha nope not Maharashtra centric the Hindi belt is more important than Maharashtra in terms of getting into power and hence policies are sometimes made keeping in mind the sensitivities of the Hindi belt..

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Haha nope not Maharashtra centric the Hindi belt is more important than Maharashtra in terms of getting into power and hence policies are sometimes made keeping in mind the sensitivities of the Hindi belt..
    As far as I know Mumbai dominates India. It is where every Indian wants to be, there is nothing wrong with that. Every country has a city or region where everyone wants to be. In the USA there is NYC and England/UK has London.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,658
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    That is coz Pak is a much small country, innit!. So if Punjab is over 50% Pak territory then obviously it will dominate, only natural. The Pathans however also play a crucial role in Pak entertainment and Sport as well. We do need to bring the Baluch and kabayali ilaaka as we call it in to the mainstream as well. Karachi still remains our economic hub. When people think India they think Mumbai, Maharashtra is Mumbai to the outside world.
    Agree just like UAE is all about Dubai for most of the World , I think it's mostly due to Bollywood and economic clout of Mumbai. Indians brag about having enormous diversity and thousands of cities and villages yet India's global knowledge is limited to one or two cities.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,727
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    As far as I know Mumbai dominates India. It is where every Indian wants to be, there is nothing wrong with that. Every country has a city or region where everyone wants to be. In the USA there is NYC and England/UK has London.


    No Who told you every Indian wants to be in Mumbai? Only the ones who are pursuing career in Bollywood for obvious reasons want to settle in Mumbai..

    Why would anyone else want to settle in Mumbai is beyond me.. Why would I live in a 2BHK when for the same price I can live in a lavish bungalow in Delhi? Mumbai is financial capital of India but isn’t the best place to live.. Personally I would prefer to live in hilly areas of Uttaranchal or Himachal on a farm and go to Delhi/Mumbai few times a year to meet relatives and stuff.. However I still haven’t earned enough to fulfil that dream..

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    No Who told you every Indian wants to be in Mumbai? Only the ones who are pursuing career in Bollywood for obvious reasons want to settle in Mumbai..

    Why would anyone else want to settle in Mumbai is beyond me.. Why would I live in a 2BHK when for the same price I can live in a lavish bungalow in Delhi? Mumbai is financial capital of India but isn’t the best place to live.. Personally I would prefer to live in hilly areas of Uttaranchal or Himachal on a farm and go to Delhi/Mumbai few times a year to meet relatives and stuff.. However I still haven’t earned enough to fulfil that dream..
    I don't know why you are so offended by Mumbai being your dominant city? It is the engine of your economy, it offers much more then Bollywood as well. Not saying there are not other cities like Bangalore or Delhi however Mumbai is the jewel in your crown. Every country has other places as well, Islamabad in Pak is much cleaner then Lahore as well despite the latter being seen as the heart of Punjab. You may not like Mumbai that is your personal choice.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,727
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I don't know why you are so offended by Mumbai being your dominant city? It is the engine of your economy, it offers much more then Bollywood as well. Not saying there are not other cities like Bangalore or Delhi however Mumbai is the jewel in your crown. Every country has other places as well, Islamabad in Pak is much cleaner then Lahore as well despite the latter being seen as the heart of Punjab. You may not like Mumbai that is your personal choice.

    I am not at all offended and what you say in this post is correct and I agree with it..

    However your initial post was india is Maharashtra centric to which this discussion started which is not true because in India policies are made keeping in vote banks and Hindi belt offers most voters hence policies are made catering to that audience..

    If by Maharashtra centric you meant India is globally recognised as Mumbai then I may agree with you but Maharashtra centric means policies are determined as per Maharashtra which is not true.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    I am not at all offended and what you say in this post is correct and I agree with it..

    However your initial post was india is Maharashtra centric to which this discussion started which is not true because in India policies are made keeping in vote banks and Hindi belt offers most voters hence policies are made catering to that audience..

    If by Maharashtra centric you meant India is globally recognised as Mumbai then I may agree with you but Maharashtra centric means policies are determined as per Maharashtra which is not true.
    I said that because you say Pak is Lahore centric. This is because Lahore is our biggest city and the home of Lollywood


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,727
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I said that because you say Pak is Lahore centric. This is because Lahore is our biggest city and the home of Lollywood

    I didn’t say that some other poster said that, I don’t live in Pakistan so wouldn’t know what centric it is.. Probably someone living there can tell..

    But yea I get your point, how can you someone take Lollywood seriously when it has the word LOL in it..

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,605
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I don't know why you are so offended by Mumbai being your dominant city? It is the engine of your economy, it offers much more then Bollywood as well. Not saying there are not other cities like Bangalore or Delhi however Mumbai is the jewel in your crown. Every country has other places as well, Islamabad in Pak is much cleaner then Lahore as well despite the latter being seen as the heart of Punjab. You may not like Mumbai that is your personal choice.
    Mumbai is dominant in finances, but that too in the past decade or so is slowly being eroded. Modikaka has been very successful in poaching a lot of business to nearby cities and ports in Gujarat .

    Though Maharashtra is the richest and fastest developing Indian state as of now, the Mumbai-dependency is slowly going down .

    The worst example for a single Indian city pulling up a whole state would actually be Bangalore, where I live now.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,605
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I said that because you say Pak is Lahore centric. This is because Lahore is our biggest city and the home of Lollywood
    What is the origin of "Lollywood" ?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,460
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    Though Maharashtra is the richest and fastest developing Indian state as of now, the Mumbai-dependency is slowly going down .
    Richest state on which metric? And all the most when it comes to farmer suicides.

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    22,833
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    This was all avoidable if a United Bengal was formed, which was a serious proposition around the time of parition. Putting two distinct regions together that were a thousand miles a part was alway going to be a recipe for disaster.
    I still hope one day to see Bengal reunited and restored to it's former glory. The false fence dividing two people who are one and the same is ugly and unbecoming.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    Mumbai is dominant in finances, but that too in the past decade or so is slowly being eroded. Modikaka has been very successful in poaching a lot of business to nearby cities and ports in Gujarat .

    Though Maharashtra is the richest and fastest developing Indian state as of now, the Mumbai-dependency is slowly going down .

    The worst example for a single Indian city pulling up a whole state would actually be Bangalore, where I live now.
    That is all that matters for now.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,226
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    What is the origin of "Lollywood" ?
    Lahore. L for Lahore L for Lollywood. The rest of the word is just copying the American's like "Bollywood". B for what was then Bombay, should be renamed to Mollywood now


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,605
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Lahore. L for Lahore L for Lollywood. The rest of the word is just copying the American's like "Bollywood". B for what was then Bombay, should be renamed to Mollywood now
    Actually there is already a "Mollywood" already in India, that in my Language - Malayalam + Bollywood

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •