Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

74 all out - Pakistan crash to humiliating 183-run loss in third ODI against New Zealand

That was bad.

Name:  c1.JPG
Views: 1724
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  c2.JPG
Views: 1688
Size:  59.1 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th January 2018 at 05:33.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    utter humiliation. I really feel sad wasting my sleep for this pathetic performance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-fer for Boulty.

Pakistan did well to get to 74 from 32/8.

The gulf between these two sides is enormous.

It justifies my surprise at many people thinking Pakistan were going to win the series. I was thinking NZ would win 5-0.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing performance.

Batsmen looked toothless.

Well let's hope some young guys get a chance in the next 2 games.

Fakhar
    Faheem
    Babar
    Haris
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Shadab
    Yamin
    Hasan
    Amir
    Rumman

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    4th 5fer for Boult.

Trent Boult is the best ODI bowler in the world atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MRSN i don't think you are sad. From your posts in commentry thread, it seems you are happy that since your beloved akmals are not in team, its good that pak is loosing.
    Guess what, bash sarfraz as much as you can, he will remain captain for long time and inshallah even if an akmal sneak in the team, he will fail.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    4th 5fer for Boult.

ICC does not agree

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    ICC does not agree
    I don't think there is anyone that is outperforming him in the format atm.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    5-fer for Boulty.

Pakistan did well to get to 74 from 32/8.

The gulf between these two sides is enormous.

It justifies my surprise at many people thinking Pakistan were going to win the series. I was thinking NZ would win 5-0.
    Would love to play more cricket against India, Aus and SA here.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is anyone that is outperforming him in the format atm.
    I really like boult but I think you are getting a tad carried away. These are his home conditions

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asma_cricfan View Post
    @MRSN i don't think you are sad. From your posts in commentry thread, it seems you are happy that since your beloved akmals are not in team, its good that pak is loosing.
    Guess what, bash sarfraz as much as you can, he will remain captain for long time and inshallah even if an akmal sneak in the team, he will fail.
    What can you say. Some people don't want Pakistan. They want Akmalstan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was just terrible, terrible and more terrible! Blacks Caps bowling as a whole in incredibly underrated whilst ours is overrated. Evan at half time I knew we'd not be able to chase it. There batting and fielding is way better then ours, it's not even close.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam dismissal was a big blow.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its ok

Aus v eng 4-0
    Eng v Aus will be 4-0

SA v Ind going to be 3-0
    Ind v SA will be 3-0

NZ v Pak going to be 5-0
    Pak v NZ will be 5-0

Moral of the story everyones top dog at home

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asma_cricfan View Post
    how could one criticize Sarfraz Ponting. He has been amazing with the bat and gloves.

look going through the same torture again and again why would I cry for losing with these limited outdated selfish batsmen and a captain whose performance is nonexistent. I'm only sad because I lost my sleep. Previous two games I didn't bother to stay awake to watch this awful performance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Its ok

Aus v eng 4-0
    Eng v Aus will be 4-0

SA v Ind going to be 3-0
    Ind v SA will be 3-0

NZ v Pak going to be 5-0
    Pak v NZ will be 5-0

Except we beat you in the UAE with a weakend side and pushed India and England to deciders away, probably should have won both too with the positions we were in.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Its ok

Aus v eng 4-0
    Eng v Aus will be 4-0

SA v Ind going to be 3-0
    Ind v SA will be 3-0

NZ v Pak going to be 5-0
    Pak v NZ will be 5-0

we lose odi's at home as well. especially against the top teams.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's embarrassing thing is our champion batting could not even sustain Boult who was only quality pacer in Kiwi side. What this sorry batting will do when they face three genuine pacers from Aus,SA,Eng.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we have still achieved some kind of a moral victory though : If Azhar, Malik, & Hafeez get booted

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Leicester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embarassing
    Shameful
    Digraceful
    Atrocious

Still the seniors will stay if they go more ttfs will come in.

Its like a washing machine. Go round and round.

Captain needs to get his head and act in gear.

This was a shambolic and childish well thats an insult to children as they play better.

Absolutely WOEFUL.

Goodnight

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I listened to sarfarz's post match stuff. He said issue is we need to discuss and find ways of not losing so many wickets upfront. I sincerely hope that's an issue with articulation, because they have lost the series because of this thinking of how to avoid losing wicket without thinking about anything else.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    The Abode of Gods
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moving ball always a concern for asian teams.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I listened to sarfarz's post match stuff. He said issue is we need to discuss and find ways of not losing so many wickets upfront. I sincerely hope that's an issue with articulation, because they have lost the series because of this thinking of how to avoid losing wicket without thinking about anything else.
    you can guess their ancient batting strategies when he said "need to not lose wickets against new ball". when most teams are looking for expensive PP overs our legends are looking for ways not to lose wickets.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    you can guess their ancient batting strategies when he said "need to not lose wickets against new ball". when most teams are looking for expensive PP overs our legends are looking for ways not to lose wickets.
    he is a trophy winning captain. its that time of his captaincy where he makes those hard decisions. drop hafeez and malik and azhar.
    also bat at 4 and be brave. if he is not good enough to bat in the team someone will make the decision for him.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir john View Post
    moving ball always a concern for asian teams.
    The ball didn't move, Pakistan couldn't tackle the slowness in the pitch and threw in the towel early in the chase.

The pathetic thing is that this pitch suited Pakistan more than NZ.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The tide might change in the future but it is quite satisfying to see us thrash Pakistan after decades of getting thrashed every time since the 90s. That being said, I would have loved to see a fighting Pakistan side as opposed to the meek surrender we got.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    The tide might change in the future but it is quite satisfying to see us thrash Pakistan after decades of getting thrashed every time since the 90s. That being said, I would have loved to see a fighting Pakistan side as opposed to the meek surrender we got.
    Rest the top order and bring in some young talent, then we should get some good games.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

New Zealand media taking no prisoners after win against Pakistan...

Pakistan produced a batting collapse of inexplicable incompetence to spiral the third one-day international against New Zealand at University Oval into a farce.

It would take ineptitude of a Keystone Cops magnitude to plummet to depths lower than what the West Indies achieved this summer, but this next wave of tourists challenged the mantle.

They were dismissed for 74, conceding the game to New Zealand by 183 runs and the series 3-0.

Trent Boult starred, taking five for 17 from 7.2 overs, reinforced by three first slip catches from Ross Taylor.

He started the rout by removing Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez within the first four overs, while Tim Southee toiled just as hard for nowt into the Dunedin north-easterly and odd spit of rain.

Pakistan were two for three.

To up the gears on the disbelief, Babar Azam was run out 11 runs later, losing his bat in a rut on one of the adjacent pitches.

Lockie Ferguson and Colin Munro assumed Boult's brief, scything through Shoaib Malik and Shadab Khan to leave the visitors 16 for six from 15 overs. Just to reiterate, none of those numbers are typos.

Cometh the hour, cometh the men.

Captain Sarfraz Ahmed and Faheem Ashraf piled on 14 runs for the seventh wicket to get them within touching distance of 35, the lowest total in ODIs made by Zimbabwe against Sri Lanka in Harare in 2004.

With Faheem falling to Ferguson, and Hasan Ali exiting to a one-handed Kane Williamson effort at mid-wicket off Munro, Pakistan risked getting dismissed for their lowest ODI total - 43 versus the West Indies at Cape Town in 1993. Eventually that was avoided when Sarfraz and Mohammad Amir blasted 20 for the ninth wicket, just as witnesses were cueing up the circus theme music on their playlists.

One record Pakistan claimed was their lowest score against New Zealand, surpassing the 116 at Dambulla in 2003.

The victory was New Zealand's 10th in succession across all formats. That equals the longest winning sequence in their history.

The first streak of 10 spanned from the final ODI defeat of Pakistan in January 2015 until the World Cup semi-final victory over South Africa; the second was across all formats from the 2016 Boxing Day ODI win over Bangladesh until they secured the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy against Australia last February.

Earlier, those watching New Zealand's 257 could be forgiven for questioning whether they had been transported back to 1980s-style ODI cricket.

Bat and ball fought an even duel and, after two sixes within the first eight balls, no more featured throughout the innings.

It was as if Marty McFly and Doc Brown had jumped into their DeLorean and headed back in time.

Pakistan took the early initiative, restricting New Zealand to 37 for one after 10 overs.
    Three consecutive half-century partnerships between Martin Guptill and Williamson (69 runs off 111 balls), Williamson and Taylor (74 runs off 79 balls) and Taylor and Tom Latham (51 runs off 55 balls) brought the hosts back into the contest.

However, at 209 for three in the 43rd over, the visitors responded through the death bowling of Hasan (three for 59) and Rumman Raees (three for 51) to restrict New Zealand to 48 more runs. Boult offered late impetus with 13 off nine balls before Hasan bowled him with the innings' final ball.

Williamson grafted 73 off 101 balls, gradually building his strike rate as he adapted to the bounce and carry. He made two off 12, five off 22, 14 off 39 and 34 off 71 before accelerating to help build the ideal platform for the remainder of the order.

Taylor anchored the middle order with his 40th ODI half-century after coming the wicket at 84 for two in the 21st over. The right-hander showed immediate intent in his 52 from 64 balls. He pushed the scoring at a run-a-ball early and then consolidated as they moved with surety into the death phase. If Taylor ever indulges in rock-paper-scissors, presumably he always picks the latter option. He would cut anything.

Rumman and Hasan delivered well at the death, but Shadab Khan was the outstanding Pakistani bowler. He came on in the 15th over and was prepared to toss the ball up to tempt the New Zealanders. He finished with two for 51. At 19-years-old he already delivers well-disguised variations. He removed Taylor with a flipper. That was followed by a wrong 'un which Henry Nicholls spooned back. Shadab took a one-handed caught-and-bowled diving around non-striker Latham.

That catch was only superseded by Dunedin builder Craig Dougherty who, standing beyond the boundary rope on the fifth ball of the innings, took an uncontested one-handed effort to earn $50,000 courtesy of Guptill and Amir's largesse.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11974606

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll gladly take these humiliating defeats if it means an end to our dim-witted selection policies. Inzi needs to shape up and Mickey needs to get up and make sure that these selection blunders don't happen again.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The ball didn't move, Pakistan couldn't tackle the slowness in the pitch and threw in the towel early in the chase.

The pathetic thing is that this pitch suited Pakistan more than NZ.
    Slowness in the pitch? I think the pitch had a lot more pace in it in the second innings as even the commentators acknowledged it. That said, extremely disgraceful batting display.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Slowness in the pitch? I think the pitch had a lot more pace in it in the second innings as even the commentators acknowledged it. That said, extremely disgraceful batting display.
    Dude that pitch was slow regardless, your batsmen just gave up from ball one and didn't even bother to chase the total.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the defeat that matters, the manner of defeat that matters. Can't expect much from a team that had lost series to BD.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan produced a batting collapse of inexplicable incompetence to spiral the third one-day international against New Zealand at University Oval into a farce.

It would take ineptitude of a Keystone Cops magnitude to plummet to depths lower than what the West Indies achieved this summer, but this next wave of tourists challenged the mantle.

They were dismissed for 74, conceding the game to New Zealand by 183 runs and the series 3-0.

Trent Boult starred, taking five for 17 from 7.2 overs, reinforced by three first slip catches from Ross Taylor.

He started the rout by removing Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez within the first four overs, while Tim Southee toiled just as hard for nowt into the Dunedin north-easterly and odd spit of rain.

Pakistan were two for three.

To up the gears on the disbelief, Babar Azam was run out 11 runs later, losing his bat in a rut on one of the adjacent pitches.

Lockie Ferguson and Colin Munro assumed Boult's brief, scything through Shoaib Malik and Shadab Khan to leave the visitors 16 for six from 15 overs. Just to reiterate, none of those numbers are typos.

Cometh the hour, cometh the men.

Captain Sarfraz Ahmed and Faheem Ashraf piled on 14 runs for the seventh wicket to get them within touching distance of 35, the lowest total in ODIs made by Zimbabwe against Sri Lanka in Harare in 2004.

With Faheem falling to Ferguson, and Hasan Ali exiting to a one-handed Kane Williamson effort at mid-wicket off Munro, Pakistan risked getting dismissed for their lowest ODI total - 43 versus the West Indies at Cape Town in 1993. Eventually that was avoided when Sarfraz and Mohammad Amir blasted 20 for the ninth wicket, just as witnesses were cueing up the circus theme music on their playlists.

One record Pakistan claimed was their lowest score against New Zealand, surpassing the 116 at Dambulla in 2003.

The victory was New Zealand's 10th in succession across all formats. That equals the longest winning sequence in their history.

The first streak of 10 spanned from the final ODI defeat of Pakistan in January 2015 until the World Cup semi-final victory over South Africa; the second was across all formats from the 2016 Boxing Day ODI win over Bangladesh until they secured the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy against Australia last February.

Earlier, those watching New Zealand's 257 could be forgiven for questioning whether they had been transported back to 1980s-style ODI cricket.

Bat and ball fought an even duel and, after two sixes within the first eight balls, no more featured throughout the innings.

It was as if Marty McFly and Doc Brown had jumped into their DeLorean and headed back in time.

Pakistan took the early initiative, restricting New Zealand to 37 for one after 10 overs.
    Three consecutive half-century partnerships between Martin Guptill and Williamson (69 runs off 111 balls), Williamson and Taylor (74 runs off 79 balls) and Taylor and Tom Latham (51 runs off 55 balls) brought the hosts back into the contest.

However, at 209 for three in the 43rd over, the visitors responded through the death bowling of Hasan (three for 59) and Rumman Raees (three for 51) to restrict New Zealand to 48 more runs. Boult offered late impetus with 13 off nine balls before Hasan bowled him with the innings' final ball.

Williamson grafted 73 off 101 balls, gradually building his strike rate as he adapted to the bounce and carry. He made two off 12, five off 22, 14 off 39 and 34 off 71 before accelerating to help build the ideal platform for the remainder of the order.

Taylor anchored the middle order with his 40th ODI half-century after coming the wicket at 84 for two in the 21st over. The right-hander showed immediate intent in his 52 from 64 balls. He pushed the scoring at a run-a-ball early and then consolidated as they moved with surety into the death phase. If Taylor ever indulges in rock-paper-scissors, presumably he always picks the latter option. He would cut anything.

Rumman and Hasan delivered well at the death, but Shadab Khan was the outstanding Pakistani bowler. He came on in the 15th over and was prepared to toss the ball up to tempt the New Zealanders. He finished with two for 51. At 19-years-old he already delivers well-disguised variations. He removed Taylor with a flipper. That was followed by a wrong 'un which Henry Nicholls spooned back. Shadab took a one-handed caught-and-bowled diving around non-striker Latham.

That catch was only superseded by Dunedin builder Craig Dougherty who, standing beyond the boundary rope on the fifth ball of the innings, took an uncontested one-handed effort to earn $50,000 courtesy of Guptill and Amir's largesse.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11974606
    NZ media not holding back!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    This thread is about Pakistan and NZ - stay on topic

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    4th 5fer for Boult.

Starc disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointment is a small word today, really feel ashamed of the Pakistan team. Anyone who has kept awake all night to watch this would be absolutely cringing to see Inzamam selected insecure seniors make a mockery of the image of the team. Whoever observing Sarfaraz journey since club-level cricket, U-19 to present all believe this is the worst defeat he has faced. Congratulations to New Zealand for series win, no corruption no adhocism no political regionalism no senior-preference culture in their system has ensured that they always remain contenders and only prosper to better rankings from where they are.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except Sarfraz !! Because he is an excellent strike rotator, something which pakistan lacks big. He stood not out and was rotating strike beautifully.

Hafeez is patheric. I don't why he is in the team. What he did in previous 3 World Cups, what he did in major ICC tournaments, what he did in foreign tours. Still being selected again and again.

Try better player who rotate strikes, Fawad Alam, Saad Ali, Asad Shafiq, Saud Shakeel. By dropping Hafeez.

Babar had bad luck, Sarfraz stood not out.

See how NZ played under enormous quality bowling, single - double and strike rotation. While Pakistanis were block each ball, same what they did in 2011 Semi final, same they do every time.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could happen to any team on bad day even australia,india,africa have one bad day like this.
    But hafeez azhar and malik need to get lost from team.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamstead_joy View Post
    Disappointment is a small word today, really feel ashamed of the Pakistan team. Anyone who has kept awake all night to watch this would be absolutely cringing to see Inzamam selected insecure seniors make a mockery of the image of the team. Whoever observing Sarfaraz journey since club-level cricket, U-19 to present all believe this is the worst defeat he has faced. Congratulations to New Zealand for series win, no corruption no adhocism no political regionalism no senior-preference culture in their system has ensured that they always remain contenders and only prosper to better rankings from where they are.
    Now they will have excuse to select already failed players like Ahmed Shahzad, Akmal brothers & Wahab Riaz.

I don't why this so-called Pakistan Cricket Board not selecting good strike rotators like Fawad Alam, Asad Shafiq, Saad Ali, Saud Shakeel for the ODI format. Just answer me what these pathetic and so called seniors did for Pakistan Cricket, whether its 2011 World Cup, 2015 World Cup, Major ICC tournaments and foreign tours. They can only play and beat weakest ODI sides like Srilanka West Indies Bangladesh Zimbabwe.

We rejected Fawad Alam because of the logic that he can't hit big shots, oh dearer dearer ODI is not all about hitting, see how beautifully Williamson & Taylor (2 seniors) build up the NZ innings without big silly shots and strike rotation. Something Sarfraz tends to do our team but unfortunately he is compromising / sacrificing his batting position because of so-called seniors, Malik & Hafeez.

However I would like to give margin to Sarfraz, Fakhar & Babar. Ultimate failures by Azhar, Hafeez & Malik cost us the match.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prop558 View Post
    Now they will have excuse to select already failed players like Ahmed Shahzad, Akmal brothers & Wahab Riaz.

I don't why this so-called Pakistan Cricket Board not selecting good strike rotators like Fawad Alam, Asad Shafiq, Saad Ali, Saud Shakeel for the ODI format. Just answer me what these pathetic and so called seniors did for Pakistan Cricket, whether its 2011 World Cup, 2015 World Cup, Major ICC tournaments and foreign tours. They can only play and beat weakest ODI sides like Srilanka West Indies Bangladesh Zimbabwe.

We rejected Fawad Alam because of the logic that he can't hit big shots, oh dearer dearer ODI is not all about hitting, see how beautifully Williamson & Taylor (2 seniors) build up the NZ innings without big silly shots and strike rotation. Something Sarfraz tends to do our team but unfortunately he is compromising / sacrificing his batting position because of so-called seniors, Malik & Hafeez.

However I would like to give margin to Sarfraz, Fakhar & Babar. Ultimate failures by Azhar, Hafeez & Malik cost us the match.
    I agree, have been observing this forum for sometime and many have literally banged their heads against the wall for many good domestic players from Hussain Talat, Sadaf, Fawad, etc.. would have given a more heartening performance than what we are seeing.
    Now I think we all can accept that as long as Inzammam ul Haq is chief selector only Akmal, Shehzad, Hafeez, Butt and Malik will get selected or politically elected and batting order will remain unstable and the weaklink of the team.

Media is shamelessly quiet on the role of Inzamam at least someone should be brave enough to ask on what basis he has selected Malik and Hafeez to the T20 squad? Why a tried and tested player Shehzad been selected again? Inzamam cannot ruin the Pakistan team like that without anyone questioning him. Domestic promising players not getting chance is now sadly a lesser issue than this senior prioritized selections which has destroyed Pakistans prospects for the NZ series.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, have been observing this forum for sometime and many have literally banged their heads against the wall for many good domestic players from Hussain Talat, Sadaf, Fawad, etc.. would have given a more heartening performance than what we are seeing.
    Now I think we all can accept that as long as Inzammam ul Haq is chief selector only Akmal, Shehzad, Hafeez, Butt and Malik will get selected or politically elected and batting order will remain unstable and the weaklink of the team.

Media is shamelessly quiet on the role of Inzamam at least someone should be brave enough to ask on what basis he has selected Malik and Hafeez to the T20 squad? Why a tried and tested player Shehzad been selected again? Inzamam cannot ruin the Pakistan team like that without anyone questioning him. Domestic promising players not getting chance is now sadly a lesser issue than this senior prioritized selections which has destroyed Pakistans prospects for the NZ series.
    In modern days cricket, no one has permanent place in any team. Australia dropped half of the players who gave them victory in 2015 world cup, just because they went out of form. In Pakistan, either cricket or any other thing, we relies on names, we worship the names, while the world worships the performances. I heard commentators saying that there is huge pressure on Ross Taylor & tim Latham to score runs, other wise they can be dropped in future because they aren't getting runs and lots of players can fill their space in the team.

See South Africa, dropped Duminy, because he wan't scoring runs. The same duminy who won a all important test match for SA in perth by chasing 414 against mighty Aussie bowling side.

I wish the true deserving players from domestic should replace Hafeez & Malik immediately, Sarfraz should bat at higher numbers, open, one-down or maximum at No.4. He is compromising / sacrificing his batting position just because of so called seniors / black mailers like Hafeez & Malik. If you remember their politics during Younis Khan's captaincy, revealed by Yousuf Baba many times.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These things happen. It's cricket after all.

New Zealand bowled really well and Pakistan batted really bad.

On to the next one.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    All I can say is thank god I was asleep for our innings.

CT win papered over the cracks in our one paced, pedestrian batting lineup.

Azhar, Hafeez and Malik need booting. Our domestic cricket may have flaws but you can't tell me this is the best we've got and there aren't any alternatives.

I'd bring in Sahibzada Farhan, Hussain Talat and Haris Sohail for these three seniors who've had a free ride for too long.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys remind me again, how handy was the experience of Malik and Hafeez? How well did Azhar see off the new ball?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In modern days cricket, no one has permanent place in any team. Australia dropped half of the players who gave them victory in 2015 world cup, just because they went out of form. In Pakistan, either cricket or any other thing, we relies on names, we worship the names, while the world worships the performances. I heard commentators saying that there is huge pressure on Ross Taylor & tim Latham to score runs, other wise they can be dropped in future because they aren't getting runs and lots of players can fill their space in the team.

See South Africa, dropped Duminy, because he wan't scoring runs. The same duminy who won a all important test match for SA in perth by chasing 414 against mighty Aussie bowling side.

I wish the true deserving players from domestic should replace Hafeez & Malik immediately, Sarfraz should bat at higher numbers, open, one-down or maximum at No.4. He is compromising / sacrificing his batting position just because of so called seniors / black mailers like Hafeez & Malik. If you remember their politics during Younis Khan's captaincy, revealed by Yousuf Baba many times.
    Minus Sarfaraz and some bowlers there is no one in Pakistan team who is admired or looked up to. Forget hero-worship.

No one likes Akmal, Hafeez, Shehzad or Malik, they are neither a brand nor stars. They are not playing there because of the fans but because of our board system and chief selector.

Most youngsters in Pakistan U-19 when asked who do they revere named a foreign player not one in contemporary Pakistan batting was mentioned.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minus Sarfaraz and some bowlers there is no one in Pakistan team who is admired or looked up to. Forget hero-worship.

No one likes Akmal, Hafeez, Shehzad or Malik, they are neither a brand nor stars. They are not playing there because of the fans but because of our board system and chief selector.

Most youngsters in Pakistan U-19 when asked who do they revere named a foreign player not one in contemporary Pakistan batting was mentioned.
    Very well said, Name just a one tournament or a major foreign tour which we had won due to the performance of Hafeez, Malik, Ahmed Shahzad, Akmal Brothers & Wahab Riaz.

One the other end, Fawad played brilliantly in Asia Cup 2014 but was dropped. He played really in Australia tour in 2011-12 but was dropped, he scored century on test debut but was dropped after just 3 test matches. he played very well in England tour but was dropped...

May be selectors don't like his face. In 90s, I remember selectors used to prefer Salim Malik over much better Asif Mujtaba.

Many great talents were destroyed in the past by PCB, such as Asim Kamal, Ali Naqvi, Faisal Athar, Saeed Bin Nasir & Yasir Hameed. Just because of some known but unknown reasons.

I believe any one among Fawad Alam or Asad Shafiq should be selected for ODIs along with Saud Shakeel.

I also believe that Sharjeel was an asset, must be rehabilitated in the ODI team (if he is not guilty), with Sarfraz batting at No.3 or No.4.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To those that are asking for Asad Shafiq to be selected.

He's definitely not the answer.

Averages less than 25 with a strike rate of 67 in 60 matches.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingJ View Post

Improved a lot. See his performance in National One Day Cup. 2 centuries, 3 fifties, in just 7 matches. He is a mature cricket, specially in foreign pitches like England, Australia & NZ. Try him in ODIs, if he fails (just like hafeez n malik), then replace him as well with another new talent, Saud Shakeel or Saad Ali.

We need runs, doesn't matter who scores. Who ever score runs, will be darling to us. Who ever fails, will be kicked out. Same is the pattern in the rest of the world. We pakistanis, are generally, personality worshipers, we are not performance oriented people.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingJ View Post

So what, if he is not then we have another option for ODIs, the left hand middle order batsman SAUD SHAKEEL

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Improved a lot. See his performance in National One Day Cup. 2 centuries, 3 fifties, in just 7 matches. He is a mature cricket, specially in foreign pitches like England, Australia & NZ. Try him in ODIs, if he fails (just like hafeez n malik), then replace him as well with another new talent, Saud Shakeel or Saad Ali.

We need runs, doesn't matter who scores. Who ever score runs, will be darling to us. Who ever fails, will be kicked out. Same is the pattern in the rest of the world. We pakistanis, are generally, personality worshipers, we are not performance oriented people.
    I'd rather we choose someone who is young and is performing, there are several around.

For me Shafiq should be done with ODIs, he has done this before in domestic only to come back to flop. His form in Test cricket alone isn't anything to write home about either.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boot out the seniors for good: Malik, Hafeez and Azhar to start with and please dont recycle them with Akmals or Selfie.

PSL might answer our prayers.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the first time I felt the opposition felt bad for us.
    Last edited by CadPakFan; 13th January 2018 at 15:24.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    Boot out the ‘seniors’ for good: Malik, Hafeez, and Azhar to start with and please don't recycle them with Akmals or Selfie.

PSL might answer our prayers.
    Hopefully.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst part for me on this game is that this was one of the first games I watched ball by ball in a long time.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just pray that Sahibzada Farhan and Hussain Talat tear it up in the PSL. They aint getting into the national team any other way

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of our batsman are scared of pace and bounce and we dont have a fast bowler who can bowl 145k avg

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Just pray that Sahibzada Farhan and Hussain Talat tear it up in the PSL. They ain’t getting into the national team any other way
    I think Asad Shafiq should be recalled for ODIs to bat at No.5.

Sarfraz at No.4 and Babar at No.3 (or vice versa).

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People asking for asad shafiqs inclusion don't know what they're talking about. He's worse than the current garbage we have in the top order. Hafeez and Azhar should be booted out and replaced by some aggressive young players. That's it

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think Asad Shafiq should be recalled for ODIs to bat at No.5.

Sarfraz at No.4 and Babar at No.3 (or vice versa).
    Yeah let's make asad shafiq at at 5 in an ODI in 2017. Are you in tune with modern day cricket? Not only is he a mental midget, he doesn't know how to clear the inner circle

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surely there will be changes in the next game. Azhar and Hafeez can barely get bat on ball ,Azhar in particular. Don't see the logic in sticking with something that is failing.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except we beat you in the UAE with a weakend side and pushed India and England to deciders away, probably should have won both too with the positions we were in.
    we also beat you in the Newzealand,we beat india in india more than once(which is your dream),we even beat south africa at their home....not that important our side is still much younger and going throw a hard phase of transition.... you can't predict anything about future based on the past performances let them tour UAE and we will see....FYI still your record against pakistan is 53-42

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ruman Raees top-scored. Is this a record (last batsman top-scoring in an ODI)?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized that Kane Williamson alone nearly made as much as our whole team, that too in fewer balls.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Ruman Raees top-scored. Is this a record (last batsman top-scoring in an ODI)?
    Thats good !! Sarfraz remained not out while Rumman remained top scorer. So the selection of these two is justified now .. Lolz

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats good !! Sarfraz remained not out while Rumman remained top scorer. So the selection of these two is justified now .. Lolz
    Rumman was saving the tailender.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Yeah let's make asad shafiq at at 5 in an ODI in 2017. Are you in tune with modern day cricket? Not only is he a mental midget, he doesn't know how to clear the inner circle
    Do your favorites like Ahmed Shahzad, Hafeez, Malik & Akmal brothers knows that ???

how many times they won the match for Pakistan by playing a brilliant innings ?

Asad Shafiq nearly won a Test match for Pakistan against Australia in Australia, something which scraps like Shahzad Hafeez Malik can only dream of. They can only score pipty (50) against Srilanka West Indies Zimbabwe and compare themselves with Kohli. Lolz

Asad Shafiq - Third highest Runs Scorer of National One Day Cup, scored 2 centuries, 3 half-centuries, in just 7 innings with the average of 78+

Those who performs should remain in the team, those who don't performs should be kicked out. Doesn't matter who is he and how senior he is.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    People asking for asad shafiqs inclusion don't know what they're talking about. He's worse than the current garbage we have in the top order. Hafeez and Azhar should be booted out and replaced by some aggressive young players. That's it
    Spot on. Shafiq isn't even good enough to make Zimbabwe's ODI first team - he's atrocious in LOIs

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So disappointing but expected, I wonder if we will ever in our lifetimes see Pakistani batsmen succeeding constantly in NZ and Aus.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually the #11 batsman Raees top-scored (16) and the #10 batsman Amir, was the joint second-highest top-scorer along with Sarfaraz.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheone View Post
    It's not the defeat that matters, the manner of defeat that matters. Can't expect much from a team that had lost series to BD.
    We would blank you in ODIs. No question. Vivian Azam is no worry.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Spot on. Shafiq isn't even good enough to make Zimbabwe's ODI first team - he's atrocious in LOIs
    Asad Shafiq nearly won a Test match for Pakistan against Australia in Australia, something which scraps like Shahzad Hafeez Malik can only dream of. They can only score pipty (50) against Srilanka West Indies Zimbabwe and compare themselves with Kohli. Lolz

Asad Shafiq - Third highest Runs Scorer of National One Day Cup, scored 2 centuries, 3 half-centuries, in just 7 innings with the average of 78+

Those who performs should remain in the team, those who don't performs should be kicked out. Doesn't matter who is he and how senior he is.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What does that have to do with Asad Shafiq playing ODIs?

And saying that he is better than Shehzad, Hafeez and Malik is really not much of a compliment, there's plenty of players better than those guys.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What does that have to do with Asad Shafiq playing ODIs?

And saying that he is better than Shehzad, Hafeez and Malik is really not much of a compliment, there's plenty of players better than those guys.

1 - Maturity

2 - Pressure handling on foreign tracks

3 - Batting at critical situation on foreign tracks

4 - Recent Performance in Departmental One Day Cup, where he scored 2 centuries and 3 half-centuries in just 7 innings.

After all, He is not a UAE bully like Akmal brothers, Shahzad, Hafeez & Malik.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1 - Maturity

2 - Pressure handling on foreign tracks

3 - Batting at critical situation on foreign tracks

4 - Recent Performance in Departmental One Day Cup, where he scored 2 centuries and 3 half-centuries in just 7 innings.

After all, He is not a UAE bully like Akmal brothers, Shahzad, Hafeez & Malik.
    All that is redundant with a low strike-rate.

All these qualities also apply to Azhar Ali (in fact, he's far better under pressure and far better on foreign tracks than Asad Shafiq) and is not a UAE bully. Yet, he is finding it extremely hard to cling to his spot in the ODI team.

I have a thing or two to say about Asad's maturity, pressure-handling and his batting in critical situations.... but let's leave that aside and focus on the basics for now.

The metrics you've mentioned are not the correct metrics for judging a player in ODIs.

Look at England. Hales, Roy, Morgan and Buttler all don't play Tests and are yet critical components of the England batting order.

The only English batsmen who play both Tests and ODIs are Root and Bairstow who are by far their most fluent and most dynamic batsmen.

Inzamam has the same problem. He wants to select players for ODIs who will 'play long innings' and 'stay at the crease'. This is redundant in modern-day ODI cricket.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th January 2018 at 23:02.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Bad day in office or an indication of things to come?