Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are other sides criticised for away losses but NZ are able to hide under the underdog label?

have been noticing that for a long time when they are playing at home the likes of Guptill and Colin de grandhomme will be Legends but when they go are away from home they are considered as underdogs/Dark horses etc.Even an abject performance from them would go unnoticed.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody overrates NZ team. They are a good side and this is where it ends all. I dont see their fans claming " We are the best odi side in the world". They dont moan about wins and are happy with they way they are rated.

However, in odis, they are definitely among the top teams while in tests, they are at 5th now and generally remain out of top3.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    In your head
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Guptill has a pretty good record away from home but hes always been pretty average in asian conditions. Its always been pointing out extensively so not sure your point with him.

NZ as a team has competed pretty well overseas in recent years also in ODIs at least.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cat View Post
    Guptill has a pretty good record away from home but hes always been pretty average in asian conditions. Its always been pointing out extensively so not sure your point with him.
    NZ as a team has competed pretty well overseas in recent years also in ODIs at least.
    Not just talking about recent years here

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan needs a committed media house that tracks progress, commentates, plans for series months in hand, assess the players their forms, like England has Sky sports, India has Star Sports, Southafrica has Supersports, Aus has Channel 9

What do we have? Nauman Niaz sitting at home rambling against PCB.

We need a dedicated cricketing lineup of commentators that can actually present our case to the fellow commentators from the opponents side.

We don't need Waqar, or Ramiz uttering ** from the top of their heads.

If they should, they should be well versed on our domestics and performances of upcoming players and have committed job.

Waqar looks like he wakes up from sleep and talks about our team

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post

We don't need Waqar, or Ramiz uttering ** from the top of their heads.

If they should, they should be well versed on our domestics and performances of upcoming players and have committed job.

Waqar looks like he wakes up from sleep and talks about our team
    Waqar was saying today that fakhar will look to attack while azhar will try to bat 50 overs.
    Everybody knows this man need to be better at your job mate
    Last edited by Sean143; 13th January 2018 at 06:12.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Because we're not completely useless like other sides away from home.

This is a side that took India (twice) and England (won the series previously) to deciders and were in positions to win both series.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Nobody overrates NZ team. They are a good side and this is where it ends all. I dont see their fans claming " We are the best odi side in the world". They dont moan about wins and are happy with they way they are rated.

However, in odis, they are definitely among the top teams while in tests, they are at 5th now and generally remain out of top3.
    People act like we're afraid to step outside NZ when we crave games outside NZ. It's those series which are going to make the team better.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand would smash us in the UAE aswell. Is this thread supposed to make you feel better OP?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Newark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand how can NZ escaping some criticism be an issue for someone ?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Because we're not completely useless like other sides away from home.

This is a side that took India (twice) and England (won the series previously) to deciders and were in positions to win both series.
    I repeat that I am not talking about recent series.What I am saying is that you guys have struggled miserably against spin in the past on away tours

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean143 View Post
    I repeat that I am not talking about recent series.What I am saying is that you guys have struggled miserably against spin in the past on away tours
    Cricket isn't relevant enough in NZ for those performances to be criticised and to the rest of the world we're not big enough to care.
    Last edited by Aman; 13th January 2018 at 06:49.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Cricket isn't relevant enough in NZ for those performances to be criticised and to the rest of the world we're not big enough to care.
    But NZ is a gorgeous country that's something to be proud of and NZ cricket always gives teams a run from their money I have a lot of love for NZ.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    In your head
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean143 View Post
    Well how far back are we talking here because we had some pretty abysmal teams before the 80s.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Honestly New Zealand have competed very well overseas. They are a good team but nothing exceptional, they aren't usually favourites but you don't take them for granted either. They beat us in the UAE last time they visited and gave stiff competition to England and India.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Small nation with no iconic players, cricket isn't their major sport as well. They are humble people with good sportsmanship, even in Rugby they don't belittle other nations, they just go about their business.
    I like them as a nation and people in general. Explains why they fly under the radar.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Aman now coming up with the rubbish , cricket isn't the major sports in NZ etc ..okay! cricket isn't the most popular game in England South Africa WI and even AUS..but they at least have proper grounds (at least 10k capacity etc ) better coverage and the crowd is involved in the game..not like your tinpot grounds , crowd has no involvement and capacity is like 4k for your most grounds...my backyard grounds are bigger than that

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is because nZ fans are not crazies like Asian fans lol We worship and hype our players to the hilt. They don't.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    That is because nZ fans are not crazies like Asian fans lol We worship and hype our players to the hilt. They don't.
    Yes just look at some of the simply embarrassing comments by Pakistanis on the Black Caps Facebook page and even on here during the series. You won't find many Kiwis chest thumping like that.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ are a very good team. There quite solid, there about to have England tour and I can tell you that England will have a really tough tour. NZ are good home team and pretty reasonable away team.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaf348 View Post
    Yes just look at some of the simply embarrassing comments by Pakistanis on the Black Caps Facebook page and even on here during the series. You won't find many Kiwis chest thumping like that.
    The funny thing is Pakistani fans are antagonizing NZ fans and making them rub it in when usually they'd just focus on the team think about the next game as opposed to dwelling on a strong performance.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Small nation with no iconic players, cricket isn't their major sport as well. They are humble people with good sportsmanship, even in Rugby they don't belittle other nations, they just go about their business.
    I like them as a nation and people in general. Explains why they fly under the radar.
    How many iconic players have there actually been in cricket?

Viv, Sachin?.. Imran, Warne and maybe Kohli?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The drew a series in England and UAE ,think that's a big deal.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because ex New Zealand players don't expect great things from them. No one expects them to be world beaters that works in their favour. Having listened to many of their players speak the Black Caps like any other team expect to do well against any opposition. Another thing is how do we know their fans don't criticise them after an away loss? They're a very small country with Cricket not being their main Sport. It is actually the sub continental teams where the media starts whacking the players after every loss.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.