Instagram

SportsFever360

International Cricketers XI

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 266
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    90,861
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    South Africa vs India | 2nd Test | Centurion | Jan 13-17, 2018 | Day 1 | Discussion Thread

    Teams:

    India (Playing XI): Murali Vijay, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Rohit Sharma, Parthiv Patel(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma

    South Africa (Playing XI): Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers, Faf du Plessis(c), Quinton de Kock(w), Vernon Philander, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Lungisani Ngidi, Morne Morkel

    South Africa won the toss and elected to bat
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th January 2018 at 06:52.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,631
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Teams:

    South Africa (From): Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers, Faf du Plessis(c), Quinton de Kock(w), Vernon Philander, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Temba Bavuma, Theunis de Bruyn, Andile Phehlukwayo, Duanne Olivier, Lungisani Ngidi

    India (From): Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Lokesh Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Parthiv Patel

    Humiliation in 1st Test so a lot of tongues to silence for Kohli and men
    We lost by 70 runs got 20 wickets, how is this a humiliation?


    ...

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    73,219
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There was nothing humiliating about India’s loss in the first Test. It was an evenly contested game but ultimately one innings made the difference.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    90,861
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    We lost by 70 runs got 20 wickets, how is this a humiliation?
    Oh sorry - must have missed the part where your Rockstar batting lineup got bowled out for 135 and lost the 1st Test in 4 days.

    Here is the fall of wickets incase you werent watching

    Fall of wickets: 1-30 (S Dhawan, 7.5 ov), 2-30 (M Vijay, 8.5 ov), 3-39 (CA Pujara, 12.2 ov), 4-71 (V Kohli, 21.4 ov), 5-76 (RG Sharma, 23.2 ov), 6-77 (HH Pandya, 24.1 ov), 7-82 (WP Saha, 28.6 ov), 8-131 (R Ashwin, 42.1 ov), 9-135 (Mohammed Shami, 42.3 ov), 10-135 (JJ Bumrah, 42.4 ov)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Venue
    Kanpur
    Runs
    15
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per reports Parthiv may get a chance.


    Hope is a good thing,maybe the best of things
    And no good thing ever dies

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Newark
    Runs
    510
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Oh sorry - must have missed the part where your Rockstar batting lineup got bowled out for 135 and lost the 1st Test in 4 days.

    Here is the fall of wickets incase you werent watching

    Fall of wickets: 1-30 (S Dhawan, 7.5 ov), 2-30 (M Vijay, 8.5 ov), 3-39 (CA Pujara, 12.2 ov), 4-71 (V Kohli, 21.4 ov), 5-76 (RG Sharma, 23.2 ov), 6-77 (HH Pandya, 24.1 ov), 7-82 (WP Saha, 28.6 ov), 8-131 (R Ashwin, 42.1 ov), 9-135 (Mohammed Shami, 42.3 ov), 10-135 (JJ Bumrah, 42.4 ov)
    India outscored South Africa in second innings.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,631
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Oh sorry - must have missed the part where your Rockstar batting lineup got bowled out for 135 and lost the 1st Test in 4 days.

    Here is the fall of wickets incase you werent watching

    Fall of wickets: 1-30 (S Dhawan, 7.5 ov), 2-30 (M Vijay, 8.5 ov), 3-39 (CA Pujara, 12.2 ov), 4-71 (V Kohli, 21.4 ov), 5-76 (RG Sharma, 23.2 ov), 6-77 (HH Pandya, 24.1 ov), 7-82 (WP Saha, 28.6 ov), 8-131 (R Ashwin, 42.1 ov), 9-135 (Mohammed Shami, 42.3 ov), 10-135 (JJ Bumrah, 42.4 ov)
    How much did star studded SA line up (amla, faf, abd, qdk, elgar) make against our trundlers in their home? 130 AO


    ...

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,361
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way more humiliating loss coming up for India.
    #Demolish
    #no mercy

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    3,603
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhuvi dropped for Ishant????

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,472
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ishant replaces kumar
    Parthiv replaces Saha (out due to injury)
    Rahul replaces Dhawan

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,472
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Bhuvi dropped for Ishant????
    Really strange decision. Bhuvi can bat also.
    Nothing happens to kohli's favourite Rohit

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, Kohli did the right thing. I hope they take out Maharaja too.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    14,873
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Oh sorry - must have missed the part where your Rockstar batting lineup got bowled out for 135 and lost the 1st Test in 4 days.

    Here is the fall of wickets incase you werent watching

    Fall of wickets: 1-30 (S Dhawan, 7.5 ov), 2-30 (M Vijay, 8.5 ov), 3-39 (CA Pujara, 12.2 ov), 4-71 (V Kohli, 21.4 ov), 5-76 (RG Sharma, 23.2 ov), 6-77 (HH Pandya, 24.1 ov), 7-82 (WP Saha, 28.6 ov), 8-131 (R Ashwin, 42.1 ov), 9-135 (Mohammed Shami, 42.3 ov), 10-135 (JJ Bumrah, 42.4 ov)
    A little aggressive there Miggs , very unlike you... Dont get me wrong nothing wrong in what you said, back to the match: India lose a crucial toss and drops Bhuvi ?


    "Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,118
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Parthiv can cut and pull well, if the pitch is just bouncy and not much movement he can be handy... At least Rahul is playing. If this is the way Rahane is treated, then he should not have made the squad (An youngster could have made the squad in his place). Looks like Rahane should earn his position and make a come back (do well in domestic - definitely he has to improve his spin play)!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,361
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Lungi ngidi is playing! Exciting prospect

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,460
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How are Rahane fans (didn't know he had fans before this series) coping with the team selection.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,488
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
    Yes! Lungi ngidi is playing! Exciting prospect
    As I mentioned earlier, South Africa exceeded the maximum White quota at Cape Town.

    Ngidi is promising but absolutely raw - this is a clear political selection. They had to drop Bavuma to select De Villiers as well as FAF, and the Ngidi selection is there to balance that choice.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    90,861
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    A little aggressive there Miggs , very unlike you... Dont get me wrong nothing wrong in what you said, back to the match: India lose a crucial toss and drops Bhuvi ?
    Nah - just reacting to the defenders of the realm who come running whenever India's name is mentioned including some so called Pakistan fans.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Disappointing looking pitch. It's brown and looks dry (appearances can be deceiving though). We weren't given anything in India.

    Batting first is the right decision on this surface though.

    Amla, AB and Steyn favourite ground. They average 80, 60 and 14 respectively. South Africa has lost just once (excluding the leather jacket match).

    Too soon to play Ngidi imo.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,512
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Kohli is an A grade loser.

    He has been given the most complete Indian team ever assembled and still he can't get selections right.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,427
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's hope reverse swing comes into play.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    14,873
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Kohli is an A grade loser.

    He has been given the most complete Indian team ever assembled and still he can't get selections right.
    Indeed, Indeed, Indeed.....


    "Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Oh sorry - must have missed the part where your Rockstar batting lineup got bowled out for 135 and lost the 1st Test in 4 days.

    Here is the fall of wickets incase you werent watching

    Fall of wickets: 1-30 (S Dhawan, 7.5 ov), 2-30 (M Vijay, 8.5 ov), 3-39 (CA Pujara, 12.2 ov), 4-71 (V Kohli, 21.4 ov), 5-76 (RG Sharma, 23.2 ov), 6-77 (HH Pandya, 24.1 ov), 7-82 (WP Saha, 28.6 ov), 8-131 (R Ashwin, 42.1 ov), 9-135 (Mohammed Shami, 42.3 ov), 10-135 (JJ Bumrah, 42.4 ov)
    3 days technically, at 82/7 the match was virtually over. It was a humiliation taking into account the easy batting conditions India played in. In both innings they were 7 down under 100. That's not good batting for a "number one" team in the world.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    520
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian team shuld be ..
    Rahul
    Vijay
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Parthiv
    Bhuvi
    Ashwin
    Shami
    Bumrah
    Pandya

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Kumar and Rahane not playing?
    That's either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. Time will tell, good luck to both teams.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,427
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    3 days technically, at 82/7 the match was virtually over. It was a humiliation taking into account the easy batting conditions India played in. In both innings they were 7 down under 100. That's not good batting for a "number one" team in the world.
    Saffers had easier conditions in the second innings. The ball was 25 years old on fourth day when the rain spiced up the pitch. On the other hand, India had to face new ball in those conditions.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,460
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Let's hope reverse swing comes into play.
    Yes, otherwise Shami is useless. Don't know why Ishant Sharma is still playing. Also Pujara should have been dropped after his poor performance. He has just one job and can't do that even. And why is Ashwin playing..just a look at his face shows that he is a loser.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    954
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Kohli is an A grade loser.

    He has been given the most complete Indian team ever assembled and still he can't get selections right.
    Hopefully the knives will sharpen after a 3-0 loss mostly due to his favoritism in selections.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,488
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Bhuvi dropped for Ishant????
    Centurion is a bouncy wicket. This pitch is brown but full of lift as it’s on the Highveldt.

    I wouldn’t pick a short pace bowler there under any circumstances.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,361
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This match is already done and dusted for HTBs.India can drop their weapons.
    Yes proteas!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    954
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Saffers had easier conditions in the second innings. The ball was 25 years old on fourth day when the rain spiced up the pitch. On the other hand, India had to face new ball in those conditions.
    He is still bitter about the thrashing they received on their last tour to India, let him enjoy the win.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    954
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Centurion is a bouncy wicket. This pitch is brown but full of lift as it’s on the Highveldt.

    I wouldn’t pick a short pace bowler there under any circumstances.
    So you wouldn't play Philander then?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,361
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep the excuses coming Indians.Whitewash on it's way

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,161
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Kohli is an A grade loser.

    He has been given the most complete Indian team ever assembled and still he can't get selections right.
    I blame the Delhi pollution it has clearly addled his brains.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,488
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Let's hope reverse swing comes into play.
    Unlikely at Centurion.

    The outfield is lush and the pitch may be dead, brown grass but has been left grassy to prevent reverse swing.

    Looks like a normal Centurion “lift” wicket.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,361
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god! This guy's action is most ugliest in the world.Can't watch him

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,460
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dravidthewall View Post
    Indian team shuld be ..
    Rahul
    Vijay
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Parthiv
    Bhuvi
    Ashwin
    Shami
    Bumrah
    Pandya
    Pandya number 11? Ashwin for what? Can't bat, bowl or field.

    Rahane
    Vijay
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rohit
    Saha
    Jadeja
    Bumrah
    Kumar
    Umesh
    Shami

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,488
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    So you wouldn't play Philander then?
    He hasn’t got a great First Class record there: the thinner air and bouncier track tend to nullify his swing and seam.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,512
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Hopefully the knives will sharpen after a 3-0 loss mostly due to his favoritism in selections.
    Hope so. If he leads us to 0-3 loss with this team, then he would be considered as the dumbest Indian captain ever.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,512
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Kumar and Rahane not playing?
    That's either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. Time will tell, good luck to both teams.
    Incredibly stupid going by Kohli's history.

    But if we win, we can revise it and make it incredibly brave.

    Easy peasy.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,161
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will this pitch break up and produce uneven bounce?

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for PP Legend @Syed1 to come out from the hiding & take solace from this thread......

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    & U keep shining the CT Trophy !!!!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    520
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul is better than rohit in overseas test.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    520
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Pandya number 11? Ashwin for what? Can't bat, bowl or field.

    Rahane
    Vijay
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rohit
    Saha
    Jadeja
    Bumrah
    Kumar
    Umesh
    Shami
    Rahul is better thn rohit in overseas test

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    14,873
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry but I cant get over Kumar not playing this match, horrible just horrible by Kholi


    "Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Chris Martin would have come good with the bat some day had he been given as many opportunities as Sharma Ji is being provided with. Guess we've to go through the ordeal of watching Sharma Ji make those classy 10-odds till the time his ****** Kohli and aggressive coach Shastri (who used to score aggressive 10s off 60 balls in LOIs himself) are at the helm of affairs.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,735
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chhappantikli View Post
    Waiting for PP Legend @Syed1 to come out from the hiding & take solace from this thread......
    haahaha

    I like him, a fierce competitor

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    10,185
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have Ind really dropped Kumar or is he injured. If they have dropped him then someone needs their head examined.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Ozymandiasza asked what my thoughts are on Gibson.

    Based on what I've seen against a very strong opposition, I'd say he's an aggressive coach. "Let's take twenty wickets and worry about runs later ". The question though is will he be as aggressive against Australia who will match our bowlers in terms of pace and skills?
    Only time will tell, I like what I've seen so far.

    What are your impressions of him?

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Saffers had easier conditions in the second innings. The ball was 25 years old on fourth day when the rain spiced up the pitch. On the other hand, India had to face new ball in those conditions.
    Lol, good luck convincing yourself that

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,735
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A master stroke or a brain fade by Kohli to drop Bhuvi

    Let see

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,735
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Elgar looking so bad

    Imran Farhat level

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
    Keep the excuses coming Indians.Whitewash on it's way
    Dude, take it easy h

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,995
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Saffers had easier conditions in the second innings. The ball was 25 years old on fourth day when the rain spiced up the pitch. On the other hand, India had to face new ball in those conditions.
    Lolol

    I guess that made defeat palatable? Different coping mechanisms....

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Elgar looking so bad

    Imran Farhat level
    He's left well so far. Which game are you watching in your alternate universe?

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,735
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    He's left well so far. Which game are you watching in your alternate universe?
    Couple of edges

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,995
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    He's left well so far. Which game are you watching in your alternate universe?
    Tbh he doesn't look top drawer

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    14,873
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    @Ozymandiasza asked what my thoughts are on Gibson.

    Based on what I've seen against a very strong opposition, I'd say he's an aggressive coach. "Let's take twenty wickets and worry about runs later ". The question though is will he be as aggressive against Australia who will match our bowlers in terms of pace and skills?
    Only time will tell, I like what I've seen so far.

    What are your impressions of him?
    So far from what I have seen from your batting, I dont think you guys can beat Aus.... If Steyn doesnt play, I think AUS will win comfortably..


    "Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Oh sorry - must have missed the part where your Rockstar batting lineup got bowled out for 135 and lost the 1st Test in 4 days.

    Here is the fall of wickets incase you werent watching

    Fall of wickets: 1-30 (S Dhawan, 7.5 ov), 2-30 (M Vijay, 8.5 ov), 3-39 (CA Pujara, 12.2 ov), 4-71 (V Kohli, 21.4 ov), 5-76 (RG Sharma, 23.2 ov), 6-77 (HH Pandya, 24.1 ov), 7-82 (WP Saha, 28.6 ov), 8-131 (R Ashwin, 42.1 ov), 9-135 (Mohammed Shami, 42.3 ov), 10-135 (JJ Bumrah, 42.4 ov)
    Then,What do u call this
    52-1 (Aiden Markram, 14.6), 59-2 (Dean Elgar, 16.4), 66-3 (Hashim Amla, 21.3), 73-4 (Kagiso Rabada, 25.5), 82-5 (Faf du Plessis, 28.4), 92-6 (Quinton de Kock, 30.4), 95-7 (Vernon Philander, 33.4), 122-8 (Keshav Maharaj, 38.4), 130-9 (Morne Morkel, 40.2), 130-10 (AB de Villiers, 41.2)

    71-9 Bad 1st Inn batting cost us the match !!!! So,runs scored by SA in 1st inn made the difference !!!
    Oh,Wait maybe 32-8(today) was an extravagant score wasnt it !!!!
    Last edited by chhappantikli; 13th January 2018 at 07:25.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli does everything to please us Pakistanis. Ishant Sharma lol

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    14,873
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wicket looks like it has nothing, no movement, no bounce, no pace, no nothing... Crucial toss to lose and dropping your best bowler who can also bat is puzzling indeed..


    "Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    855
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    A master stroke or a brain fade by Kohli to drop Bhuvi

    Let see
    Pitch looks total flat. Even bhuvi would have struggled alot on this pitch. It's really sad he plays only on helpful pitches and makes himself look mcgrath.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Couple of edges
    With soft hands. In any case is that unexpected in South Africa for openers against the new ball?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, South Africa exceeded the maximum White quota at Cape Town.

    Ngidi is promising but absolutely raw - this is a clear political selection. They had to drop Bavuma to select De Villiers as well as FAF, and the Ngidi selection is there to balance that choice.
    What's your problem with black African players? Everytime a new black player gets selected you come up with this disgusting view that they are qouta players. Why do you hate them so much? For someone who's held in high regard on this forum it's disappointing that you're deliberately spreading falsehoods to denigrate non white players.

    For your information "qoutas" are not calculated on a one test basis so you're talking rubbish. Has it not occurred to you that Ngidi might have got the nod because it's his home track and the selectors are worried about Morris consistency? Come on man judge players on their content and not their color.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Tbh he doesn't look top drawer
    In what context?
    He's not a great player, never will be. But he is a gutsy player. Was in the top five run makers last year. On form he's the best opening bat going around.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    So far from what I have seen from your batting, I dont think you guys can beat Aus.... If Steyn doesnt play, I think AUS will win comfortably..
    Then again the Australians lost against a much weaker batting unit in their own den. Both teams look weak batting wise.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    @Ozymandiasza asked what my thoughts are on Gibson.

    Based on what I've seen against a very strong opposition, I'd say he's an aggressive coach. "Let's take twenty wickets and worry about runs later ". The question though is will he be as aggressive against Australia who will match our bowlers in terms of pace and skills?
    Only time will tell, I like what I've seen so far.

    What are your impressions of him?
    I suspect he'll still go in with the 4 man pace attack. Our batsmen are far better than the Australians and bar Smith and Warner.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Disappointing looking pitch. It's brown and looks dry (appearances can be deceiving though). We weren't given anything in India.

    Batting first is the right decision on this surface though.

    Amla, AB and Steyn favourite ground. They average 80, 60 and 14 respectively. South Africa has lost just once (excluding the leather jacket match).

    Too soon to play Ngidi imo.
    I'm suprised as well. Maybe Gibson has seen enough to believe he'll step up like Rabada.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    This wicket looks like it has nothing, no movement, no bounce, no pace, no nothing... Crucial toss to lose and dropping your best bowler who can also bat is puzzling indeed..
    There's pace and bounce on this deck (it's anticipated to quicken, then again we were singing the same tune in Cape Town lol) . Watch the lift Sharma is getting. There's not much movement though.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,512
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Pitch looks total flat. Even bhuvi would have struggled alot on this pitch. It's really sad he plays only on helpful pitches and makes himself look mcgrath.
    You are talking as if its Bhuvi's fault.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,735
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ishant is bowling beautifully

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    What's your problem with black African players? Everytime a new black player gets selected you come up with this disgusting view that they are qouta players. Why do you hate them so much? For someone who's held in high regard on this forum it's disappointing that you're deliberately spreading falsehoods to denigrate non white players.

    For your information "qoutas" are not calculated on a one test basis so you're talking rubbish. Has it not occurred to you that Ngidi might have got the nod because it's his home track and the selectors are worried about Morris consistency? Come on man judge players on their content and not their color.
    I'm sorry the guy is an absolute tool. Ngidi a political selection? I'll have whatever he's smoking. He's played more games than Morris since both returned from injury and bowled better.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,735
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shami's bowling is kinda like up and down, you don't know when to expect the dangerous or mediocre Shami. Right now he is quite bad

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,046
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    I suspect he'll still go in with the 4 man pace attack. Our batsmen are far better than the Australians and bar Smith and Warner.
    Yeah, Makram has added a bit of stability. We do need Amla to rediscover his form though, we've missed those daddy hundreds. If both teams play to their potential South Africa should win. But it's not cut and dry when these two sides tour each other.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,631
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pitch looks placid, this fool Shami keeps bowling on the pads

    Need 2 wickets before lunch, keep the scoring less boys.


    ...

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    11,735
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ishant justifying his selection, he looks good so far.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,631
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Edges not carrying to slips, very surprising to see such less bounce!


    ...

  80. #80
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,631
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Yeah, Makram has added a bit of stability. We do need Amla to rediscover his form though, we've missed those daddy hundreds. If both teams play to their potential South Africa should win. But it's not cut and dry when these two sides tour each other.
    Where is Stephen Cook? I thought he was good in his last trip to AUS.


    ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •