Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Centurion pitch always like this? Offering nothing to the pacers?

I expect Maharaj to be quite a handful. Will be interesting to see how the Indians handle him.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Disaster of a pitch,only way we had a chance was if our bowlers could get 20 wickets.
    Why would Saffers do this, India has not issued any complaints on green pitches or anything.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    There was actually nothing difficult about the situation he walked into to.

250/4 on an absolute paradise with the bowlers tired. The situation got difficult only after he was out.

Why must people make everything about character criticism even when it doesn't even fit the case.
    You have no idea, what it means to come to bat with half an hour left of the day. That's why I said T20 product. One thing you are right here - things got difficult when he got out - that's exactly what I meant - he knew he had to see out the day, couple of bang, bang won't work; failed miserably.

Batting paradise we'll see later .........

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Disaster of a pitch,only way we had a chance was if our bowlers could get 20 wickets.
    Why would Saffers do this, India has not issued any complaints on green pitches or anything.
    You seems to disagree that it's a paradise out there ...........

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Denmark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys i Think South Afrika Will get around 300 runs and india all out for around 260 runs. Pitch is not that easy I Think Sa batsman have made quite lucky and the run out was a bit fishy. What are the first inning score runs these teams Will score?

DON - "Don Ko Team Se Nikalna Mushkil Hi Nahin, Namumkin Hai!":Kami

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post

I expect Maharaj to be quite a handful. Will be interesting to see how the Indians handle him.
    No. Centurion has lots of pace and bounce and some early offerings of lateral movement for the pacers. The spinners get absolutely zero assistance, apart from the fourth/fifth day, at times.

The new curator has gone and completely changed it around (although the weather has not helped). India can have no excuse here. This is pretty much an Indian pitch.

India would have gotten smashed on a regular Centurion wicket but this pitch will ensure that we'll have another close game, which is a win for us fans.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curator tried but couldn't make it green. That is what I could conclude from statements coming out in media.
    India should not lose this game. If India can bat for most of 2nd and 3rd day, they will gain upper hand.
    Last edited by BaankeJi; 13th January 2018 at 17:57.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post

It's because of weather. And it's not that flat. There are signs of seam movement. It's just Indian pacers especially Bhumrah and Shami have bowled rubbish.

SA pacers will get more out of the wicket for sure.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A spinner bowling 31 overs on day 1 in South Africa is a joke in my opinion, groundsmen needs to be asked a lot of questions! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SAvsIndia?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SAvsI ndia</a></p>&mdash; Graeme Smith (@GraemeSmith49) <a href="https://twitter.com/GraemeSmith49/status/952242931167059968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Smith is spending lots of time on Asian forums

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A spinner bowling 31 overs on day 1 in South Africa is a joke in my opinion, groundsmen needs to be asked a lot of questions! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SAvsIndia?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SAvsI ndia</a></p>&mdash; Graeme Smith (@GraemeSmith49) <a href="https://twitter.com/GraemeSmith49/status/952242931167059968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Ashwin is disrupting careers of groundsmen.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ball is staying low. One example was when Faf jumped up defending, and the ball hit the lower part of the bat, and Graeme Smith said, 'Faf belongs to the Jacques Kallis school of reactions. Exaggerated.'

This series has offered yet another golden chance for India to win. Whatever the par score may end up being, this was Pandya magic to drag out the day into India's favour. 55/45 I'd say.

Ashwin and Maharaj will be crucial.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Philander run-out was an absurd event. Even the Indian fielders kept saying, 'yeh kiya hua?'

Seeing Kohli dancing and childish noises around the stumps was a little disappointing. I hope he grows out of this. I'm a big fan.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This pitch is very garabage they have made this to make India happy but still I don't see India drawing this match win is miles away.Faf is culprit here now he has to score century.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Cricket South Africa ordered grassy pitches but the recent hot, dry weather means that this one isnít green at all.

Itís a godsend for India: a pitch which offers no seam, but with so much grass that the Saffas wonít get reverse either!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    This is not an ODI.

We don't need to score fast. Just to get runs eventually. A slow two-paced, flat track is not going to bother Pujara, Vijay etc.
    My friend, are you okay?

These are very unfamiliar words from you!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Cricket South Africa ordered grassy pitches but the recent hot, dry weather means that this one isnít green at all.

Itís a godsend for India: a pitch which offers no seam, but with so much grass that the Saffas wonít get reverse either!
    I see you have no problems with SA asking for designer pitches ? When India did the same the reactions were completely different.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cricket South Africa ordered grassy pitches but the recent hot, dry weather means that this one isn’t green at all.

It’s a godsend for India: a pitch which offers no seam, but with so much grass that the Saffas won’t get reverse either!
    Even our bowlers were reversing the ball yesterday and you think a team of convicted ball tamperers like faf and philander won't get it reversing?

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket South Africa ordered grassy pitches but the recent hot, dry weather means that this one isn’t green at all.

It’s a godsend for India: a pitch which offers no seam, but with so much grass that the Saffas won’t get reverse either!
    Less helpful for SA doesn't automatically mean conditions are like Indian conditions. It would still favor SA . Starting from cricket ball, nature of pitches are nothing like what you see in India.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    I see you have no problems with SA asking for designer pitches ? When India did the same the reactions were completely different.
    Actually no.

Iím quite happy for India to finish home Tests in Three days in square turners!

I also think India did really well yesterday!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Even our bowlers were reversing the ball yesterday and you think a team of convicted ball tamperers like faf and philander won't get it reversing?
    Ha ha, brilliant post! I love it!

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    The problem is that it doesn't matter so much who does the tampering. The guy who is best at exploiting it can't walk, so it won't be such a big threat.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My friend, are you okay?

These are very unfamiliar words from you!
    Oh yes.

I was just pointing out a quirk of slow wickets.

These are very poor for batting in limited overs matches because you have to attack due to scoreboard pressure and changes of pace can be devastating.

In red-ball cricket batters have all the time in the world and it just becomes a graveyard for bowlers.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Oh yes.

I was just pointing out a quirk of slow wickets.

These are very poor for batting in limited overs matches because you have to attack due to scoreboard pressure and changes of pace can be devastating.

In red-ball cricket batters have all the time in the world and it just becomes a graveyard for bowlers.
    I completely agree, believe it or not.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    884 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Actually India are in a golden position.

If we can knock out their tail, and be very careful playing Maharaj and their quicks, we can pile on the runs.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    I'm sure it was super flat last year as well.
    Might be, I didn't watch.