Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

"This is the time for Aamer Yamin to play" : Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram speaking on TV:

"If you give our batsmen pitches in the UAE and flat decks in Pakistan, then their technique will be based upon those pitches"

"For NZ pitches, you need to go 2-3 weeks before and play a few games to get your footwork sorted before the ODI games"

"Even the training camp was very short and we should have known that this is an important tour for the confidence of the boys"

"Even in our days we went to NZ and lost games but we fought to the last ball and our body-language was always positive"

"Trent Boult has bowled really well not only in this series but also against the West Indies"

"Pakistan are looking out of touch and out of depth"

"There is no one batsmen in the top 5 that I consider to be able to score a hundred"

"I am not seeing that spark in our batting - I am sure there is batting talent which is why they have been selected"

"Pakistan batsmen are using the wrong technique to play Boult"

"Hafeez is taking 2 steps towards the bowler and playing when he is playing in NZ ; if you are already having problems with this bowler then why give him a chance to get you like that?"

"The players are either going to the front-foot too early or going to the back-foot; they need to let the ball come to them"

"If you have a young player like Imam in your squad then you should play him in more matches"

"Imam is in the squad but not playing in the XI then of course his confidence will be shaky"

"Seniors like Hafeez, Azhar and Sarfaraz have to set the example for others to follow"

"These pitches look brown but there is grass there which has been rolled over"

"They dont throw salad leaves on pitches like we do so you cannot tell if the pitch is green or not just by looking at it"

"This is the best XI they have and yet lost 3 matches"

"There is also no spark in the bowling; Until Amir's ball comes into the batsmen like Boult, he will not be dangerous"

"Now that they have lost the series they can do what they want - maybe have new players, or maybe keep same team - it does not matter now"

"Some say, play for pride but there is no pride now that the series has been lost"

"Use the remaining games for experience and experimenting"

"We need an all-rounder like Aamer Yamin who can bat and bowl"

"He's a tremendous fielder and a pocket-rocket as he isnt a big lad"

"He has passion and he puts in all he's got so this is time for Aamer Yamin to play"

"If he is given chances he will improve just like Shadab in batting"

"If I was Sarfaraz, even I would be under pressure given the kind of beating we have got"

"I went for a run and when I came back after 50 mins, Pak were 16-6"

"Bowling with a new ball is not easy; it much easier with an older ball with the field spread"

"Even Waqar and I did not realize the utility of the new ball but fact is that wickets with a new ball can cause big pressure"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    "I went for a run and when I came back after 50 mins, Pak were 16-6"
    Sums it all up really

Agree with his comments.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Think his comment on playing for pride is also spot on

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can’t Wasim help coach Amir?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Why can’t Wasim help coach Amir?
    dont think what Wasim is saying has not been told to Amir

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yamin NEEDS to be given a chance. Haris NEEDS to be given a go.

The amount of deadwood in that playing XI is shocking.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former cricketers or analysts like Nauman Niaz giving advises on tv and venting anger, amounts to nothing. For so many years am just seeing them divert from their respective camps to the playing XI. Chief selector, PCB bosses are not questioned. Why seniors are being selected are not questioned. Yamin can't replace 5 people in the batting lineup.
    Only increases ratings for those channels which they try to cash on the agony of the Pakistani team fans

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Wasim this is NOT the best 11.

About Amir I have not seen the games but lately he did bring the ball back IN to the right hander?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team for the next game should be
    Fakhar.
    Imam.
    Babar.
    Haris.
    Sarfaraz.
    Yamin.
    Shadab.
    Fahim.
    Hasan.
    Amir.
    Rumman.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team for the next two ODIs, should be like :

01 - Fakhar
    02 - Azhar
    03 - Sarfraz
    04 - Babar
    05 - Haris
    06 - Yameen
    07 - Fahim
    08 - Shadab
    09 - Hasan
    10 - Amir
    11 - Rumman

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prop558 View Post
    Team for the next two ODIs, should be like :

01 - Fakhar
    02 - Azhar
    03 - Sarfraz
    04 - Babar
    05 - Haris
    06 - Yameen
    07 - Fahim
    08 - Shadab
    09 - Hasan
    10 - Amir
    11 - Rumman
    On what bases should Azhar play? Hasn’t he failed enough in limited overs in his career to understand that he will never be a one day player?

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    On what bases should Azhar play? Hasn’t he failed enough in limited overs in his career to understand that he will never be a one day player?
    Someone has to play after all. The squad lacks proper young middle order batsman.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    Team for the next game should be
    Fakhar.
    Imam.
    Babar.
    Haris.
    Sarfaraz.
    Yamin.
    Shadab.
    Fahim.
    Hasan.
    Amir.
    Rumman.
    Switch Haris with Sarfraz.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Someone has to play after all. The squad lacks proper young middle order batsman.
    I really don't know whether if you are being sarcastic but if not, then isn't Azhar an opening batman. On top of that, we have better options than Azhar for every position Azhar would be considered for.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    Switch Haris with Sarfraz.
    Yeah, that's what I thought at first but having a leftie in between the two right handed batsmen has its own advantage. That's why I would put Haris at 4 and Sarfi at 5.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought at first but having a leftie in between the two right handed batsmen has its own advantage. That's why I would put Haris at 4 and Sarfi at 5.
    True, good point.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His batting is what we need. He's capable of batting the modern way. Would rather take a chance with him at 4, Harris at 3, and Babar to open with Fakhar for the next game.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, Aamer Yamin is the savior.

I like the guy but don't think he should play LOIs.

5 pacers is overkill. Would rather go with spin of Nawaz. Obviously Imad is being missed in this series though.

I remember Bhatti getting smashed in NZ last time because of his height and length, batsman liked his bowling.

Yamin is the exact type bowler who batsman like to hit. He is not good under pressure. As we saw in against Pollard he isn't good at the death. Only with new ball, but Faheem is doing okay.

I think if he does well he will threaten Faheem's spot. Which is not good. The latter is younger and a better option as hitter down the order. Also has more variations and experience.

Wouldn't mind Yamin in Tests because we need someone like him there, but it's clear what's happening here. A bench player is made out to be a future legend due to failures of current players in XI.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its time to give Haris, Amir and even Imam a go in the line-up. Series is already gone so why not try out the bench, we hopefully can't do worse. Also bring Sarfaraz to No.5, he's better in this position and a good rotater of strike.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    I really don't know whether if you are being sarcastic but if not, then isn't Azhar an opening batman. On top of that, we have better options than Azhar for every position Azhar would be considered for.
    If you drop Azhar now , you have to bring in Imam or a middle order batsman to open. That will also fail. Better to play Azhar for next two games , and then drop him for OD forever. Imam is not suited for OD also.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worthless now, should've been selected in the 3rd odi replacing one of the senior middle order instead of the crucial bowlers like Rumman. If he is only to replace the bowling [and also the important batting from no.6 to no.11] than its best he stays benched and concentrate on PSL which is the ground reality for many players now.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    If you drop Azhar now , you have to bring in Imam or a middle order batsman to open. That will also fail. Better to play Azhar for next two games , and then drop him for OD forever. Imam is not suited for OD also.
    Why not hit two birds with one stone? We already know Azhar is a failure in ODIs so why not let Imam come in for the next two match and see how he goes. If he also fails too then we can clear the bench with these guys and draft in someone capable of playing modern cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yes, Aamer Yamin is the savior.

I like the guy but don't think he should play LOIs.

5 pacers is overkill. Would rather go with spin of Nawaz. Obviously Imad is being missed in this series though.

I remember Bhatti getting smashed in NZ last time because of his height and length, batsman liked his bowling.

Yamin is the exact type bowler who batsman like to hit. He is not good under pressure. As we saw in against Pollard he isn't good at the death. Only with new ball, but Faheem is doing okay.

I think if he does well he will threaten Faheem's spot. Which is not good. The latter is younger and a better option as hitter down the order. Also has more variations and experience.

Wouldn't mind Yamin in Tests because we need someone like him there, but it's clear what's happening here. A bench player is made out to be a future legend due to failures of current players in XI.
    We need him for his batting . He doesn't need to bowl. He's a batting all rounder.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Sums it all up really

Agree with his comments.
    He should n't have gone for that run

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim has played every match this series despite almost 0 performance.

Really unfair on Aamir Yamin.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't see the point of giving him just 1 game to prove himself in conditions he's never played in before.

It'd be unfair since if he doesn't perform in 1 game PCB will kick him to the curb again.

If you've given Fahim 4 games, just give him one more tbh, a full series to prove himself even though I personally think Yamin is a better bet, though Fahim has some batting potential.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IK went early for the 92 WC and his batsmen still got bowled out for less than 100 runs and 200 runs eventually they won the CWC. For that reason everytime these guys say they need to go 2-3 weeks early. Does every Asian team go 2-3 weeks early. Didn’t India go there win games or their batsmen didn’t adjust within 1 or 2 games. Is NZL AUS SA and ENG players come to subcontinent 3 weeks early to get adjusted. If you are good enough to adapt quickly everything is fine, didn’t pak ever collapse in UAE are they making 300-350 against top teams in UAE OR Chasing 300 in 40 overs. Kick out the players who still play with the 90s mindset and add/retain players like Fakhar who has the modern day game mindset and skill set to score.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They dont throw salad leaves on pitches like we do so you cannot tell if the pitch is green or not just by looking at it"

Haha!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    This will be the game!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    This will be the game!
    I told everybody to not get too hyped. He is getting spanked right now.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I told everybody to not get too hyped. He is getting spanked right now.
    Bro this is the same guy who doesn’t see anything special in Haris Sohail and picks Commando Masood for his T20 team.