Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

The cat owner's club of PakPassion....

Calling all who have cats in home or are 'maintaining' ones outside.

Lets hear your experiences.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Succesfully fostered a cat who is now in his forever home. I was not a catman before at all but he changed me. Me and my Mrs found a little kitten at a shelter, he had a deformed front paw hence why he was probably abandoned by his mother and siblings. Someone had heard him meow when he was 3 weeks old and left him at the shelter door. When we saw him he was 7 weeks old, still tiny as anything. We got him, raised him for about 7 months so we could try to find a permanent home for him which we did. He's living happily now with two other cats and a very loving family. It gives us great joy to see how grown he is and how we helped saved an animal's life.
    Last edited by Pakpak; 13th January 2018 at 11:56.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    postmortem predation. that is all.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I've had my cat for 4 years now, we've had him since he was 2 months old..

And we have a cat who lives in the corner of our house and comes to our doorstep sometimes to have some cat food haha

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have six. Amazing creatures.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had a cat for about 10 months now. She's too innocent so it's hard to get mad at her. She's about 3 yrs old and has seen it all in her life. Too much hair dropping tho any ideas for easier ways to stop that.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We had a cat for like 10 years. My younger sisters named him Smurfy (), it was one of the prettiest cat we ever saw. We got him when he was a kitten and then he grow up into a big billa and looked like a shair ka bacha. We never got him neutered so as he got older he would leave the house everyday in the morning and come back late at night after defending his territory, getting into fights and producing babies (he had three of four litters with stray cats). Our house just became a bed and breakfast for Mr. Smurfy, but one fine day Smurfy never came back. We looked and looked everywhere, asked around in the mohallah... drove around and looked under every nook and corner but we couldn't find him. To this day we don't know what happened to him, whether a car ran over him, somebody stole him (most likely since the cat was BEAUTIFUL) or he just ran away.

For the first couple of days my mother was inconsolable as if she had lost one of her children. We all were concerned but no to THAT extent.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We have six. Amazing creatures.
    Mr. James you might have a problem.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see from my profile pic i’m very much a dog person.
    However i herited my wife’s cat when we got married.

He was very sweet and we loved him loads. However his behaviour changed completed once our daughter arrived. Suddenly he would start bringing dead mice into the house and literally drop them at my feet. He also seemed a bit jealous of the attention my baby daughter got.

Eventually we have him away to some friends who already had 4 cats and we newhe would be loved there.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love cats. My favourite animal. I currently have 3 Persian cats back in Karachi. So I got 2 female kittens about 12 years ago. One of them gave birth to 2 more kittens under my bed about 7 years ago and the other one unfortunately died about 3 years ago. So now I have that mom cat who is 13 and her kids who are 7. The mom is white with one green and one blue eye. One of the other 2 is dark brown and the other one is also white. The other white one is probably my favourite but she's probably the fattest cat I've seen. All of them are very loving though.

I personally just love cats because I think dogs can be super annoying at times and are too muh maintenance. Cats are way smarter and you actually have to earn their affection but they don't always cling to you. Not to mention they are way cleaner
    Last edited by aliasad1998; 14th January 2018 at 00:27.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Had one for 22 years, died two years ago due to a stroke.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSA321 View Post
    Had one for 22 years, died two years ago due to a stroke.
    Damn 22 freaking years... that's not a pet... that's a life partner