Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 123 of 123
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a bit unfair to put all the blame on him considering the fact that our top 5 has Hafeez, Azhar and Malik. Fakhar and Babar need some proper modern players of ODI like Haris and Mukhtar. Also to add Sarfaraz Ahmed who is wasted at No.6

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    I think Pakistan fans are expecting too much from their team.

    New Zealand are man for man a far better side, you guys didn't really expect Pakistan to win here did you?

    I mean how many Pakistanis would make the current NZ full strength ODI side, maybe 1 or 2 at the most?

    And where are you great ODI players like NZ have? Players like Guptill, Williamson, Taylor, Boult? You don't have any.

    Try being more realistic.
    True

    But what I can't accept is no planning, no intent to score, not putting up a fight and being bundled out for 74.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,982
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingJ View Post
    Point still stands.
    Hes one of the senior most players in the side, barring the oldies. Debut'ed almost at the same time as Imad Wasim.
    Enough with the he's still young. Its clear his game is built around his convenience, and a culture of selfishness that he gets from the seniors.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,982
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He's still 23. You can write him off. We should support him. The experienced players are the ones who deserve the stick. They don't learn from there mistakes.
    He has plenty of experience. Not to mention he has been invested on A tours, and made captain vs England A and what not. Don't discount that. He has pretty much been the 'future poster boy' since a very young age. Priveleges not everyone gets

  5. #85
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    He has plenty of experience. Not to mention he has been invested on A tours, and made captain vs England A and what not. Don't discount that. He has pretty much been the 'future poster boy' since a very young age. Priveleges not everyone gets
    What's your point? Are you trying to infer that he hasn't justified his roles? That's quite harsh on a player who made it to the top 5 30 odd games into his career.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,982
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    What's your point? Are you trying to infer that he hasn't justified his roles? That's quite harsh on a player who made it to the top 5 30 odd games into his career.
    He is not a youngster first and foremost. When people say 'his best is yet to come' I don't buy that. He has played for two years (a consistent run that few others have had).At his best he has shown he can be a clutch player, but he has a game that doesn't suit a batsman who can take it up a notch when he wants.

    He has shown he doesn't have the ability to chase a total for us, he has shown he can bat in totals up front but that when the pressure is not applied on him. Against good teams he usually fails when he is on the receiving at of some hostile, aggressive fast bowling (Like in the test matches)

  7. #87
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    He is not a youngster first and foremost. When people say 'his best is yet to come' I don't buy that. He has played for two years (a consistent run that few others have had).At his best he has shown he can be a clutch player, but he has a game that doesn't suit a batsman who can take it up a notch when he wants.

    He has shown he doesn't have the ability to chase a total for us, he has shown he can bat in totals up front but that when the pressure is not applied on him. Against good teams he usually fails when he is on the receiving at of some hostile, aggressive fast bowling (Like in the test matches)
    Oh, this is just rich.... Are you being serious? He just turned 23 two months ago. Even Kohli was not close to Babar at this age, statistically, and he was brought through the age groups as well. Kohli has suffered miserable tours in his early years and as recent as 9 months ago, in his own backyard, but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough like you seem to imply. Also, about that consistent run, can you please give some reasonable evidence as to how he hasn't justified his position? You keep saying that he got opportunities that very few others have. That's true, but do you know why? Because he has literally achieved so much more than many World Class players and veterans did in their initial outings and that too at the tender age of 23.

    Most players are bound to go through and become better with age till the zenith which is around 30. Just because you think he won't, isn't quite the concrete evidence. I feel you are committing a mistake by judging Babar with one eye on his cousin Umar Akmal. That's quite the prejudice.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,982
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    Oh, this is just rich.... Are you being serious? He just turned 23 two months ago. Even Kohli was not close to Babar at this age, statistically, and he was brought through the age groups as well. Kohli has suffered miserable tours in his early years and as recent as 9 months ago, in his own backyard, but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough like you seem to imply. Also, about that consistent run, can you please give some reasonable evidence as to how he hasn't justified his position? You keep saying that he got opportunities that very few others have. That's true, but do you know why? Because he has literally achieved so much more than many World Class players and veterans did in their initial outings and that too at the tender age of 23.

    Most players are bound to go through and become better with age till the zenith which is around 30. Just because you think he won't, isn't quite the concrete evidence. I feel you are committing a mistake by judging Babar with one eye on his cousin Umar Akmal. That's quite the prejudice.
    23 is just his age, he is bound to be a couple of years older than that.

    As far as comparisons with Kohli are concerned, Virat Kohli never made it to Indian ranks because he had the likes of Sachin,Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Laxman,Dravid to compete with. That made his game even better until he made those ranks, he was not a free loader like Babar Azam that whatever he does, good or bad it will kept on a pedestal for eternity. The competition in the ranks made Kohli an unimaginabley great player.

    Babar will never get there, even if he is given 3 lifes as a cricketer he will never be a Kohli. He just doesn't have whatever it is you make him out to be.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    91
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    23 is just his age, he is bound to be a couple of years older than that.

    As far as comparisons with Kohli are concerned, Virat Kohli never made it to Indian ranks because he had the likes of Sachin,Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Laxman,Dravid to compete with. That made his game even better until he made those ranks, he was not a free loader like Babar Azam that whatever he does, good or bad it will kept on a pedestal for eternity. The competition in the ranks made Kohli an unimaginabley great player.

    Babar will never get there, even if he is given 3 lifes as a cricketer he will never be a Kohli. He just doesn't have whatever it is you make him out to be.
    Again, only your opinion. I prefer statistics and my own eye. I'm not sure what you're talking about in regards to him being a free loader. He's in the top 5 of the World in just the his first 30 odd games. Until you provide some concrete support rather than just what you think he can do, I just see a glaring bias of yours against him.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,939
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    I think Pakistan fans are expecting too much from their team.

    New Zealand are man for man a far better side, you guys didn't really expect Pakistan to win here did you?

    I mean how many Pakistanis would make the current NZ full strength ODI side, maybe 1 or 2 at the most?

    And where are you great ODI players like NZ have? Players like Guptill, Williamson, Taylor, Boult? You don't have any.

    Try being more realistic.
    NZ couldn't make it through the group stages of the Champions Trophy with those great players. Got knocked out by Bangladesh of all teams.

    But yes I agree, New Zealand in New Zealand is one of the strongest teams in the world. They have smashed much better teams than this current Pakistan team in the recent past.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    31
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At best he can do what Joe root does for England in oneday cricket holds the innings together by rotating strike.but root gets support from dynamic talents like roy,hales in opening,morgan buttler stokes in middle order all capable of destroying bowling attacks single handedly.
    Compare to them what Pakistan have except fakhar zamaan every body else are similar kind of players who feasts against spin and struggle against quicks.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    18,440
    Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Disappointing again. Throws it away.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  13. #93
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    313
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic shot, front foot not on the same continent as the pitch of the ball vs a swinging delivery.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind he is still having 50+ average and he'll have plenty of opportunities to bash Windies and Lankans at home and inflate his average

  15. #95
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,067
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navin View Post
    Nevermind he is still having 50+ average and he'll have plenty of opportunities to bash Windies and Lankans at home and inflate his average
    Aussies as well.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  16. #96
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,785
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor series so far. Needs to step it up in the next few ODIs.

    Though every player has a bad run of form. Babar should be persisted with. Will be disappointed if he is dropped.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,266
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Going the way of his cousins


    Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

  18. #98
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,067
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar's gotta raise that backlift that's hindering from getting on top of the bounce. A bit more of a forward press would help but raising that backlift is necessary.

    He's not fully equipped at the moment to play shots on bouncy pitches off the get-go.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,063
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    23 is just his age, he is bound to be a couple of years older than that.

    As far as comparisons with Kohli are concerned, Virat Kohli never made it to Indian ranks because he had the likes of Sachin,Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Laxman,Dravid to compete with. That made his game even better until he made those ranks, he was not a free loader like Babar Azam that whatever he does, good or bad it will kept on a pedestal for eternity. The competition in the ranks made Kohli an unimaginabley great player.

    Babar will never get there, even if he is given 3 lifes as a cricketer he will never be a Kohli. He just doesn't have whatever it is you make him out to be.
    I'm pretty sure he's not lying about his age. Sick and tired of people thinking every Pakistani cricketer lies about his age. It was more prevalent with the yesteryear cricketers.

    Babar Azam has come through the U19 system, they do wrist tests and everything. Pretty confident his age is correct.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,675
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar the flat track bully

  21. #101
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,982
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam's average in free fall

    Apparently he was Bradman in NZ, averaging in the 70s now, his average is 32.6

  22. #102
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,067
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Babar Azam's average in free fall

    Apparently he was Bradman in NZ, averaging in the 70s now, his average is 32.6
    What's so funny? I've never understood why you want him to fail.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Babar Azam's average in free fall

    Apparently he was Bradman in NZ, averaging in the 70s now, his average is 32.6
    32.6? it must be 52.6

  24. #104
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is turning out to be next rohit sharma.Haris sohail is good though

  25. #105
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,982
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navin View Post
    32.6? it must be 52.6
    In NZ

  26. #106
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,067
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If anything, this series shows the value of Babar's runs.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    15,568
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Make him opener in next match

  28. #108
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    431
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    NZ couldn't make it through the group stages of the Champions Trophy with those great players. Got knocked out by Bangladesh of all teams.

    But yes I agree, New Zealand in New Zealand is one of the strongest teams in the world. They have smashed much better teams than this current Pakistan team in the recent past.
    Geez man, that was then, this is now, You guys have got to get over that CT win. It's fast becoming like Pakistan 1992 WC win, in that it will now be talked about for another 20 years.

    I gave Pakistan credit at the time for the CT, they snuck in under the radar when there was a lot more pressure and expectation on other more fancied teams like SA, Eng and India. But well done to them.

    But for anyone to actually think that was really indicative as to where they are as a one day team, as opposed to an aberration needs their heads read. They're nowhere close to the best ODI side in the world, they're not even in the top 5 if we're honest about it. That's obvious just looking at their players.

    Well done on your CT victory Pakistan, but it's now time to look at 'the now' and 'the future', not the past.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam does look like he's hit a bad run of form which is fine players do intend to hit bad form also he's quite young as well so he does have time to learn. The most important thing is that he is continued to be persisted with and works on his weaknesses.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    15,568
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeymurBlake View Post
    Babar Azam does look like he's hit a bad run of form which is fine players do intend to hit bad form also he's quite young as well so he does have time to learn. The most important thing is that he is continued to be persisted with and works on his weaknesses.
    how can his mental weaknesses be removed?

  31. #111
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    how can his mental weaknesses be removed?
    He can work hard to remove it. If he wants to be one of the best batsman of world and be considered a solid batsman than work on it. He should try to work on being more fearless. When the pressure gets to him, he seems to go into his shell. He needs to be more fearless, its something that Mickey, Grant and Psychologist should help on that.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    15,568
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeymurBlake View Post
    He can work hard to remove it. If he wants to be one of the best batsman of world and be considered a solid batsman than work on it. He should try to work on being more fearless. When the pressure gets to him, he seems to go into his shell. He needs to be more fearless, its something that Mickey, Grant and Psychologist should help on that.
    see I dont think a person can change his nature; I dont think Babar can become fearless like Sharjeel or Fakhr. I think Babar plays better when there is no pressure or when there is pressure but somebody else is the man to handle it; I may be wrong though

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    see I dont think a person can change his nature; I dont think Babar can become fearless like Sharjeel or Fakhr. I think Babar plays better when there is no pressure or when there is pressure but somebody else is the man to handle it; I may be wrong though
    I agree that Babar doesn't look like a player that could be a fearless player, he plays at his best when there isn't any pressure. With this being said I think he might want to take into consideration about moving to No.4, because right now besides Fakhar we don't have anyone at No.2 or No.4 that could come in and play the role and absorb the pressure early on.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    248
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He must not play in test matches that is for sure for the next year or so. He will gobbled up by Anderson etc in May if he makes the test 11.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    353
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's actually fading as a batsman - he averaged 72 last time he went to NZ @SR of 95. Now look him.

    Some will believe he had a decent series in Aus, but he was impactless (evident from a SR of 82) and the hundred he scored was probably the most selfish innings I've ever seen.

    In England he has yet to score a 50 in 7 matches with a poor SR of 77.

    He's been in the international scene for 2 years and yes he's young so I don't expect him to set the world alight but I expect progress from his first series in UAE (avg: 46 @SR of 93) and his excellent first tour of NZ.

    And guess what we had a poster on here claiming he was better than Kohli because of his average prior to this series.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; Yesterday at 21:20.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    25,398
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Sometimes its better to drop a failure when he has been out of form for a while. All top sides do this. When even someone as great as Kohli had a torrid time in England, the Indians dropped him from no 3 to no 5-6 and only bumped him up when he got runs under his belt again.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1 bad series and our so called fans turn on him . Absolute joke. I don't mind critiscm but some people make OTT judgements after 1 or 2 low scores.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    1,407
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    1 bad series and our so called fans turn on him . Absolute joke. I don't mind critiscm but some people make OTT judgements after 1 or 2 low scores.
    Exactly. And his failures have been temperamental issues and not due to a lack of ability.

    He can easily bounce back.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    25,398
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    1 bad series and our so called fans turn on him . Absolute joke. I don't mind critiscm but some people make OTT judgements after 1 or 2 low scores.
    Context, he has looked like a minnow tailender in these NZ conditions. Not a good sign for someone who is suppossed to be a good batsman. He looks low on confidence right now and would be well served with being rested from the squad.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Exactly. And his failures have been temperamental issues and not due to a lack of ability.

    He can easily bounce back.

    Also he's not a power hitter . Poor performances of senior and lack of power hitters puts extra responsibility on him. Need to get Maqsood ,Talat,Umar, Shazbinda inducted to allow Babar to play anchor role.

  41. #121
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,884
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Context, he has looked like a minnow tailender in these NZ conditions. Not a good sign for someone who is suppossed to be a good batsman. He looks low on confidence right now and would be well served with being rested from the squad.


    He's scored runs in NZ conditions before . He isn't going to score in every series. One worry I have is his body language. He's far too timid. Want to see a bit more from him.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the suggestion of dropping him down the order but he doesn't have the game in him to perform below 4.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,643
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should use Amla as his role model. Amla not a big hitter as well. But he times well. He has some room for improvement. But he is not going tobe a smith or kohli or even williams. He has some limitatiosn within which he should be allowed to play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •