User Tag List

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faf du Plessis - Worst partner to have to call a run?

Hello everyone, I have been a lurker for a while probalby last few weeks, now decided to possibly join in on the action.

Watching the Ind/RSA and seeing FAF get 2 of his teammates run out (although while the Philander one is not his fault, Philander pretty much ran basing that Faf will probably make the call for a run).

I also recall Faf getting De Villiers out twice in big situations (2011 WC and 2017 CL).

The only players that I can recall that were this bad in getting his teammates run out were Imrul Kayes and Sabbir Rahman from BD.

What do you guys think? Who do you believe gets his teammate run out the most or worst at calling a run at wrong time wrong place?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    There was a guy who used to do stats here, I think he was statsGuru/WebGuru or something. It would be interesting to see how many run outs Faf has been involved in his career.
    I know Inzamam was bad, but he didn't have anywhere near the athleticism and agility of Faf.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to PP.

I believe Mohammad Hafeez is the worst runner from what I've seen.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't understand these guys, how hard can it be after so many years of practice to just scream out one or two if there is a run, absolutely despise these chicken type players

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I guess you didn't see the 2 run-outs he was involved with then...?

First - Amla was too slow to react, and Pandya was too quick and agile to knock the wickets down at the bowlers end.

Secondly - Philander was at fault, not once, not twice and not even the third time. Faf said "NO" a few times, and put his hand up too. Not once did Philander look at Faf or acknowledge what he was saying, or doing.

You can hardly blame him for the two dismissals.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is champion in this "run at your risk".

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I guess you didn't see the 2 run-outs he was involved with then...?

First - Amla was too slow to react, and Pandya was too quick and agile to knock the wickets down at the bowlers end.

Secondly - Philander was at fault, not once, not twice and not even the third time. Faf said "NO" a few times, and put his hand up too. Not once did Philander look at Faf or acknowledge what he was saying, or doing.

You can hardly blame him for the two dismissals.
    This was not a T20. There is absolutely no need to run when the ball has just been patted onto the leg-side and a good fielder is charging towards it.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez is pretty bad also.

He's been around for donkey's years yet still can't judge a quick single.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Faf and run outs go hand in hand.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    There was a guy who used to do stats here, I think he was statsGuru/WebGuru or something. It would be interesting to see how many run outs Faf has been involved in his career.
    I know Inzamam was bad, but he didn't have anywhere near the athleticism and agility of Faf.
    Inzi was the not so athlete player we all can understand but faf is word class athlete how can he involved in so many run outs beyond my understanding.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like Faf but he is a really poor judge of a run at times. It has cost South Africa some big games.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faf being an athlete caused Amla run-out. He would have thought Amla will be as quick. You need to understand your partner's limitations - Faf does not have this skill.
    Philander's run-out was his own fault. Faf did the best he could.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Yousuf is the real champ though. He had a run-up follow through when he came down the pitch to tap the ball, and took a few steps. It looked to more than one runner that he was calling for a run.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test champion View Post
    Inzi was the not so athlete player we all can understand but faf is word class athlete how can he involved in so many run outs beyond my understanding.
    It's not all about being an athlete. You can get Usain Bolt as your runner and he's more likely to cause a run-out than someone who is much slower but has better judgement.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the highlights. Other than the fact that he was at the non striker's end ther eis nothing else he did wrong there in either case. First one was a freak run out. He probably was slow. Odds of someone picking up and throwing accurately in one motion was less there. Second one was due to Vernon's lack of presence of mind.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Saw the highlights. Other than the fact that he was at the non striker's end ther eis nothing else he did wrong there in either case. First one was a freak run out. He probably was slow. Odds of someone picking up and throwing accurately in one motion was less there. Second one was due to Vernon's lack of presence of mind.
    Faf ran when he should not have and then did not run when he should have. His running is self-destructive.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Faf ran when he should not have and then did not run when he should have. His running is self-destructive.
    First one was purety due to Pandya's brilliane. Not many could have pulled that off. Second one Vernon's lack of awareness. Faf said no long ack. If he had run he would have been out.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This was not a T20. There is absolutely no need to run when the ball has just been patted onto the leg-side and a good fielder is charging towards it.
    It happens in Tests too. You do realise that, right...

If Pandya wasn't so brilliant, Amla would've been in comfortably. Players have been run-out on occasions in Tests. Be it a risky single, and poorly judged double or a mis-fielded third.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First one was purety due to Pandya's brilliane. Not many could have pulled that off. Second one Vernon's lack of awareness. Faf said no long ack. If he had run he would have been out.
    Exactly. Not sure where these posts are coming from, tbh

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    It happens in Tests too. You do realise that, right...

If Pandya wasn't so brilliant, Amla would've been in comfortably. Players have been run-out on occasions in Tests. Be it a risky single, and poorly judged double or a mis-fielded third.
    Pandya deserves a lot of praise for pulling it off but there was zero need to take that risky single. Faf does this a lot of times, running his partners out because of his overzealous running.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez without a doubt is one of the worst runner's between the wickets. He's just in his own world.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya deserves a lot of praise for pulling it off but there was zero need to take that risky single. Faf does this a lot of times, running his partners out because of his overzealous running.
    As I suggested before, it was only risky with poor running/Pandya being brilliant. Faf was also running at the danger end, not Amla. Pandya had run towards the WK's end, pick up the ball, turn around in a flash, and knock down the wickets at the bowlers end.

Just now Pujara has been run-out v SA. His run-out was more his fault because it was his call and he has always been a slow runner and the ball was going to his direction, not Vijays [at the batsmen's end].

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohamed yousuf the worst. He was run out himself several times but also ran out his partners even more so