By scoring 11 in chase of 347 vs Aus leads to victory🤣🤣

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Surely the best ODI batsman from NZ? That fearsome assault against Pakistan in 2011 WC still makes me happy and he was absolutely awful during the first 100 balls of that knock.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vintage Taylor was on display. Been a while since i saw this Taylor unnihbited slogs over midwicket.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Rossy ODI Career Stats:

48 @ 83

Since WC 2011

59 @ 84 (mind you this is batting at 4 - not easy at all)

Since WC 2015

61.58 @ 84

Between WC 2015 and WC 2019

68 @ 87

ICC Tourney Stats:

34 @ 72

WC Stats:

37 @ 74

These are TOUGH runs to score as he did it all in the middle order.

Excellent ODI player.

Had he performed better in ICC tourneys, he would have been hailed as an ATG.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Another good innings to guide the team to a good total after being in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beastly stats and a total impact player. Without doubt an under rated player. One of the best to come from NZland.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Rossy ODI Career Stats:

48 @ 83

Since WC 2011

59 @ 84 (mind you this is batting at 4 - not easy at all)

Since WC 2015

61.58 @ 84

Between WC 2015 and WC 2019

68 @ 87

ICC Tourney Stats:

34 @ 72

WC Stats:

37 @ 74

These are TOUGH runs to score as he did it all in the middle order.

Excellent ODI player.

Had he performed better in ICC tourneys, he would have been hailed as an ATG.
    That legendary innings against Pakistan where he slaughtered Akhtar gives him a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was so out of form in the World Cup 2015 due to his eye problem

Once he had surgery he was like a whole new batsman

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    That legendary innings against Pakistan where he slaughtered Akhtar gives him a pass.
    That was one epic phainta lol.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    That was one epic phainta lol.
    Thanks to Akmal who dropped two catches.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greatest Kiwi ODI batsman, without a doubt. He is a fighter.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 181 against England and the 109 against India last week were GOAT knocks. Certainly two of the very best by a Kiwi batsmen (including a few from BMac). Also pertinent to note that Taylor has averaged 60+ in the last three years and only Kohli averages more than him during this time-period.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Refreshed Ross Taylor still eyeing 2023 World Cup as historic milestone nears

The Black Caps are back in action this week, after an eight-month break, and Ross Taylor is back on track to make history.

When the Covid-19 pandemic brought last summer to a premature end, the veteran batsman was five matches short of becoming the most-capped New Zealander in the history of the game.

Daniel Vettori holds the record as things stand, with 437 appearances across three formats – 112 in tests, 291 in one-day internationals, and 34 in Twenty20 internationals – but Taylor is set to catch and pass him before Christmas.

When the prospect was put to him as the Black Caps gathered in Auckland ahead of Friday’s opening T20 against the West Indies at Eden Park, he jokingly clutched his hamstrings, as if to say: ‘Don’t jinx it’.

At 36, turning 37 in March, and with 433 matches in his legs – 101 tests, 232 ODIs, and 100 T20s –Taylor is a lot closer to the end of his career than the start of it – an ODI against the West Indies in Napier way back in March 2006.

Thinking back to then, Taylor said on Tuesday that he never thought he’d end up here.

“I was really happy to play one or two games for New Zealand,” he added.

“I've still got to get there first, but my mentor, Martin Crowe, always used to say records are meant to be broken for the next guy to come beat.

“Whatever number of games I end up on, hopefully Kane [Williamson, currently on 291 caps] and whoever comes through can beat that and keep setting the bar higher.”

Taylor being on the verge of becoming the country’s most-capped cricketer is a reminder that it’s not going to be long before he’s not around at all.

Covid-19 meant Taylor was at home with his family from mid-March to late in July, when he left to play in the Caribbean Premier League, but while he enjoyed the rare break from the international cricket grind, he said he was glad to be back playing.

“When you're a parent, it's nice to have your kids around, but you've normally got a little bit of your mind on the game you're playing in a couple of days’ time.

“To have a complete break away from that and not have the excuse to that you've got a game in a couple of days time and to be present with my family was something I'll never forget, but at the same time, you're only a cricketer for a certain period of time, and I'm not getting any younger, so I've got to make the most of every opportunity I can.”

Taylor took time during the break between Black Caps fixtures – the team’s longest in almost 30 years – to think about what lies ahead and came away still targeting the next one-day World Cup, in India in 2023, for his swansong, even though he knows that will be a challenge.

"2023 was going to be a stretch, I think, at the best of times, when it was February and March and now the World Cup has been dragged out to October and November '23, it's another six or seven months to hang around,” he said.

“You've got to have short-term goals and long-term goals and the one-day World Cup is definitely on the radar.

“I might have to trim things back leading into that – as I said, I'm not getting any younger.

“It doesn't mean I will make it, but, it’s definitely one of my goals.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...ilestone-nears

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of all-time greats of the game. He is already better than any batsman our Padosis have produced.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Ros Taylor is set to become the most-capped BLACKCAP in history, with 438 international appearances in all three formats. He's also 95 runs from 1000 runs in Tests between New Zealand and Pakistan

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter