Instagram


Pakistan World Cup 2019 Shirts

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 125 of 125
  1. #81
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    3,642
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just played one of the all time great ODI innings. Was injured and hobbled the last one third of the way.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    10,076
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ greatest odi batsmen of all-time.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    8,773
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said so a few weeks back that Ross was a classy batsman. With Guptill, Ross and others New Zealand are not to be taken lightly anymore.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    8,773
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    NZ greatest odi batsmen of all-time.
    I would say it's Martin Crowe. A man of Martin's ability should have scored far more runs then he did.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  5. #85
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    149
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of New Zealand's finest ever batsman.

    Still remember his 2011 world cup innings against Pak, he kept scoring 6 after 6. Almost played a gun innings in the 2015 cricket world cup final.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A quality batsman. One of the very best batsman in world cricket.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    936
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely one of the most underrated players of this generation along with Herath, Morne Morkel and Philander.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    80,072
    Mentioned
    5618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    A far better ODI batsman than Amla.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,312
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A brilliant knock by Taylor against England. He did what Kane failed to do in the 3rd ODI.

    Easily the best Kiwi batsmen of all time.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,312
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    A far better ODI batsman than Amla.
    lol. Is this a comparison thread?

    He is also better than ANY Indian batsmen apart from Kohli.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  11. #91
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    80,072
    Mentioned
    5618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    lol. Is this a comparison thread?

    He is also better than ANY Indian batsmen apart from Kohli.
    He has done enough in the last few years to become the #4 ODI batsman of this era after Kohli, Dhoni and de Villiers, although the South African can never play a gutsy innings like this. He would play a flash innings and then throw it away without finishing the job, something that he has done very often in his career.

    He might be just about ahead of Rohit and Dhawan at this point, but it is close. Then you have the likes of Warner, QdK and Root in the mix as well.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,312
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He has done enough in the last few years to become the #4 ODI batsman of this era after Kohli, Dhoni and de Villiers, although the South African can never play a gutsy innings like this. He would play a flash innings and then throw it away without finishing the job, something that he has done very often in his career.

    He might be just about ahead of Rohit and Dhawan at this point, but it is close. Then you have the likes of Warner, QdK and Root in the mix as well.
    These are just your opinions.

    My point was why bring Amla into it when Taylor is better than Sharma, Dhawan and very other Indian bastmen playing right now apart from Kohli?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  13. #93
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    80,072
    Mentioned
    5618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    These are just your opinions.

    My point was why bring Amla into it when Taylor is better than Sharma, Dhawan and very other Indian bastmen playing right now apart from Kohli?
    Because he is talked about the best ODI batsman of this era after Kohli, de Villiers and Dhoni. The fact is that he is not as good as Taylor and the other names that I mentioned in my previous post. An extremely overrated ODI player, and a living proof of how misleading statistics can be.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    2,516
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People bash Amla because he has great stats but fon't tell full story. Amla has no second gear, can't handle pressure and can't adjust his batting according to run rate. Amla has better stats than all of his contemporaries bar AB and Dhoni, so he will always be bashed until his average drops below 50.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,065
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic knock by Taylor!

    Got so close to bring the record for the highest score in the 2nd innings of an ODI (held by Shane Watson's 185* vs Bangladesh). Wish he hit the winning six to win the match and break the record instead of Latham.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    10,076
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I would say it's Martin Crowe. A man of Martin's ability should have scored far more runs then he did.
    I think Taylor has surpassed him in odis.In tests, he is behind Crowe and Williamson.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    8,773
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    I think Taylor has surpassed him in odis.In tests, he is behind Crowe and Williamson.
    Crowe played when bowlers were off a much higher standard.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    10,076
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to carry the NZ lineup again.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    10,076
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taylor playing yet another quality inning. His late-bloomer is probably the only reason NZ have managed to have a decent batting lineup.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,101
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Taylor playing yet another quality inning. His late-bloomer is probably the only reason NZ have managed to have a decent batting lineup.
    This has been anything but a quality innings. He's played over 120 deliveries at a SR of below 70, with the 48th over beginning.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,934
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrible character. There is a reason McCullum doesn't like him (and he likes everyone!)

  22. #102
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,998
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should have upped the pace of his innings earlier today - I know he was rebuilding but when you’re at the crease for 45+ overs you need a better strike rate than 71.

    Nevertheless, he’s been playing really well these last few years.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Horrible character. There is a reason McCullum doesn't like him (and he likes everyone!)
    How is he a horrible character for calling out a chucker?

    That is calling a cheater in an exam.


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  24. #104
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    25,817
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Ross against PAK is becoming what Sir Don was against ENG for 2 decades. Countless times, he was the only difference for a better English generation to lose to AUS. Only time they could manage him to struggle (if in a low scoring series, average of 56 is struggle!!), they won 4-1. Before that in his debut series 4-1 as well (& both times in AUS !!!), but that time he was simply Donald Bradman.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,101
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    How is he a horrible character for calling out a chucker?

    That is calling a cheater in an exam.
    If you, as a student, call out someone for cheating in an exam, you're generally barred from completing the exam.

    It's called staying in your lane. Taylor is a batsman, not an umpire.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The kind of innings he's played in the last two innings, I don't think any opposition would mind. He makes Misbah look good.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    31,057
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Decent in ODIs


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  28. #108
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,557
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Since the start of 2017 only Kohli averages more than Ross Taylor in ODIs. What a player. That eye surgery sure helped him.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,812
    Mentioned
    1594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Always enjoyed watching him bat.

    A few years ago I was lucky enough to watch him batting in the indoor nets at close quarters - what a clean hitter of the ball he is.



  30. #110
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,564
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Horrible character. There is a reason McCullum doesn't like him (and he likes everyone!)
    Even as a die hard fan of Pakistan cricket, if I met Ross Taylor I would shake his hand and thank him for pointing out such a dodgy action from a repeat offender who is infamous for conveniently altering his action when he's struggling with the legal one. It's blatant premeditated cheating.

    Before we begin the character assassinations of other opposition perhaps we need to fix our house first. Your reaction is exactly what a lot of fans thought of Shane Watson but guess what I knew he was right from day one about Ajmal.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    10,076
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent ODI batsmen and a very good test batsmen.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,312
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Even as a die hard fan of Pakistan cricket, if I met Ross Taylor I would shake his hand and thank him for pointing out such a dodgy action from a repeat offender who is infamous for conveniently altering his action when he's struggling with the legal one. It's blatant premeditated cheating.

    Before we begin the character assassinations of other opposition perhaps we need to fix our house first. Your reaction is exactly what a lot of fans thought of Shane Watson but guess what I knew he was right from day one about Ajmal.
    Watson wasn't right because at that time Ajmal wasn't called. What Taylor did was poor sportsmanship. In any sport it;s not the job of the players to officate or advise the officials on what they should do.

    Taylor as a batsmen is pure class. Yesterday he demoralised the SL bowlers to score a brilliant century. Having an average start to his ODI career, in the latter half Taylor has been as good as anyone in recent years.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,564
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Watson wasn't right because at that time Ajmal wasn't called. What Taylor did was poor sportsmanship. In any sport it;s not the job of the players to officate or advise the officials on what they should do.

    Taylor as a batsmen is pure class. Yesterday he demoralised the SL bowlers to score a brilliant century. Having an average start to his ODI career, in the latter half Taylor has been as good as anyone in recent years.
    I understand that as a batsman you shouldn't get involved in these situations as a matter of principal however both Taylor and Watson were 100% convinced that Hafeez and Ajmal respectively were chucking - both of these spinners have been guilty of this. At the end of the day a batsman's career and the team's fortunes in the contest are on the line so why should they put up with it when they know what they're seeing isn't legal.

    We can agree to disagree whether Watson was right or not but the fact is Ajmal was banned and ineffective after remodelling his action on his return, so ultimately he was proven to be correct.

    Ross Taylor is a class act and for me just sits a tier below the likes Kohli, Smith, Williamson and Root as an all format batsman. Ever since the 2011 WC game he's one of the few batsmen who's consistently managed to get the wood on Pakistan.
    Last edited by topspin; 9th January 2019 at 04:30.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,312
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I understand that as a batsman you shouldn't get involved in these situations as a matter of principal however both Taylor and Watson were 100% convinced that Hafeez and Ajmal respectively were chucking - both of these spinners have been guilty of this. At the end of the day a batsman's career and the team's fortunes in the contest are on the line so why should they put up with it when they know what they're seeing isn't legal.

    We can agree to disagree whether Watson was right or not but the fact is Ajmal was banned and ineffective after remodelling his action on his return, so ultimately he was proven to be correct.

    Ross Taylor is a class act and for me just sits a tier below the likes Kohli, Smith, Williamson and Root as an all format batsman. Ever since the 2011 WC game he's one of the few batsmen who's consistently managed to get the wood on Pakistan.
    If Im correct when Taylor called him out Hafeez, he was bowling with his new action , which is perferctly fine and why the umpires dismissed him immediatly to carry on bowling. Ajmal may have been dodgy but there are others too. Do you think Waston would ever call out an Indian spinner such as Ashwin who has looked dodgy since day 1? It always seem to be Pakistan whether it's spin, reverse swing etc.

    For me in ODI Taylor is above Root and Williamson. It's a tight call between him, Crowe and Williamson as NZ all time great batsmen.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  35. #115
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    488
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post


    Decent in ODIs
    Unbelievable numbers! He's got to be a shoe-in for a middle order spot in any ODI World XI today. Would kill to have him in our ODI side.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    14,735
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's still good on flat wickets and that's what we'll get at the World Cup. Guptill, Kane, Ross, Nichols, Neesham, Seifert and I'd like to see Latham as a pure batting opener . That's a quality lineup. Can beat any team on their day including England if they all happen to fire.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,754
    Mentioned
    819 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His performance after his eye surgery has been sensational. GOAT ODI batsman at least from NZ and only Kane will possibly overtake him.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    80,072
    Mentioned
    5618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    One of the reasons why is not considered an elite batsman is because he doesn’t pace his innings well.

    Even during his golden year, his strike rate is still around 86 which is nothing special, and this includes a few innings where his strike rate was 100+.

    He plays too many 30 (50) type knocks. When he doesn’t score big, he plays inconsequential innings and gets bogged down easily.

    However, he is still a top player and definitely underrated.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    231
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post


    Decent in ODIs
    Those are like Sachin's number in 1998 . Sachin played 33 innings and scored 1894 runs.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,659
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Ross Taylor becomes New Zealand’s leading ODI runscorer

    Ross Taylor has now scored more ODI runs for New Zealand than any other batsman.

    The right-hander surpassed Stephen Fleming’s tally of 8,007 runs during the course of his innings of 64 against Bangladesh in the third ODI at Dunedin on 20 February. He also passed 8,000 runs during the innings, becoming the fourth-fastest batsman to the mark, behind Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, and Sourav Ganguly.

    Long established as one of his country’s greatest ever batsmen, this is simply another accolade to add to the list for Taylor, who has more ODI centuries and half-centuries than any of his countrymen, as well as boasting the highest average of any New Zealand batsman with more than 500 ODI runs.

    However, one milestone still eludes him. With Fleming having turned out not just for New Zealand, but for the ICC World XI during his ODI career, his overall ODI runs tally sits at 8,037, an agonising 11 runs clear of where Taylor ended his innings. With the fixtures against Bangladesh set to be New Zealand's last international engagements before this summer's Men's Cricket World Cup, it might be that Taylor has to wait until gracing the grandest stage of all to finally break Fleming's record.

    https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1057950


  41. #121
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    1,412
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top class batsman. Best in NZ ODI history.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    7,067
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not talked about enough because he isn’t indian but what a batsman this guy has proved to be.
    Brilliant for New Zealand!

  43. #123
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    10,076
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ODIs: -

    Taylor
    Astle
    Crowe
    Guptill
    Williamson

    Tests(not going too far): -

    Crowe
    Williamson(till now)
    Fleming
    Taylor
    McCullum

    Overall: -

    Crowe
    Williamson
    Taylor
    Fleming
    McCullum

  44. #124
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,659
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Brilliant player and a great achievement. He is one of the few Kiwi players who has actually done justice to the talent he possess. Williamson is the other one in recent times.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,754
    Mentioned
    819 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I hope he sustains this for the WC. He and Kane are the backbone of this side and we need them badly to perform.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •