Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally a handful of slogs in T20 cricket and now heís a ATG. Some have gone as far as saying heís better than Babar Azam. Hafeez is and will forever be mediocre. Babar has achieved more in all formats at 25. Than Hafeez at 44.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey500 View Post
    Literally a handful of slogs in T20 cricket and now heís a ATG. Some have gone as far as saying heís better than Babar Azam. Hafeez is and will forever be mediocre. Babar has achieved more in all formats at 25. Than Hafeez at 44.
    Not sure youíve been watching Hafeez these days. Not a single slog from him that Iíve seen in two years. Itís all pure timing.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Averages 83 in his last 10 T20I's

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tag me the day babar play a similar knock, and I am talking only about t20s before you getting your knickers in twist.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This Hafeez can stay until the 2023 World Cup, no issues with that

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    This Hafeez can stay until the 2023 World Cup, no issues with that
    I would be okay with this

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"I believe I have been working on this for the last 1.5 years where I try not to hit the ball very hard but time it better"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the form he is in, Hafeez is in the top 3 t20 batsmen in the world right now, if not the best.
    He is an extreme late bloomer, coming into his own at 40.
    Still fit as a fiddle and should continue till the 2023 world cup atleast.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Given the form he is in, Hafeez is in the top 3 t20 batsmen in the world right now, if not the best.
    He is an extreme late bloomer, coming into his own at 40.
    Still fit as a fiddle and should continue till the 2023 world cup atleast.
    2027 on the cards?

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    2027 on the cards?
    Lol, you never know. He doesn't look like he has aged at all. Inexplicable really that his reflexes have also not slowed down.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Proud to support Hafeez.

When 90% of the forum couldn't see how big of an asset he is, in a team that has no proper stroke players and effortless six hitters that time the ball so well.

People preferred Malik, Sarfraz, Khushdil etc over him.

Hilarious.
    @Abdullah719

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best T20I player in the world!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think we all need to take this new Hafeez in the context of the world at the moment.

There is no doubt that Hafeez has improved a lot in the last few years.

However to say heís the best player in the world at the moment is just so far fetched. May I remind you all that heís playing in such a sub standard t20 league that these results should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Furthermore international t20 cricket in the last year and half has also been played with less sprit because of the pandemic and the ODI World Cup prior to that.

Hafeez is very smart. Heís avoided playing in the Pakistani domestic circuit because heís realised itíll only hinder his form. Heís chosen to play in all the other leagues to sustain his form. Hats off to him and I do feel he should go to the World Cup. But I donít expect him to win Pakistan anything because at the end of the day heís always been an average player and always will be.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrim_91 View Post
    I think we all need to take this new Hafeez in the context of the world at the moment.

There is no doubt that Hafeez has improved a lot in the last few years.

However to say heís the best player in the world at the moment is just so far fetched. May I remind you all that heís playing in such a sub standard t20 league that these results should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Furthermore international t20 cricket in the last year and half has also been played with less sprit because of the pandemic and the ODI World Cup prior to that.

Hafeez is very smart. Heís avoided playing in the Pakistani domestic circuit because heís realised itíll only hinder his form. Heís chosen to play in all the other leagues to sustain his form. Hats off to him and I do feel he should go to the World Cup. But I donít expect him to win Pakistan anything because at the end of the day heís always been an average player and always will be.
    Hafeez played domestic cricket for KPK. Also I suppose T20Is against England and New Zealand also count as substandard?

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest question we should ask ourselves is why Hafeez is succeeding at this stage of his career? What has he figured out about the T20 format which others don't see?

There are a few answers to that question. Firstly, he gives himself time to settle into the pitch and the conditions available. He starts off around a 120-130ish strike rate before accelerating, and he usually accelerates by focusing on one bowler to gain his momentum. He makes sure not to try and clobber good deliveries, and has good footwork. He has developed shots to get off strike, and focuses mostly on placing the ball in areas where the boundary percentage is high.

He plays all around the wicket, and his timing has been extremely good recently allowing him to time the ball over the boundary.

He is easily our best T20 batsman on current form, and he is a very good asset to the team.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Great to see. With three world cups coming up, Hafeez has hit form at the perfect time. Now I just hope he saves some for the tournament that matters.

Our top three is settled for good. It should be:

Rizwan
    Babar
    Hafeez

Just need to fill out the next three spots with sloggers and we're all set.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He really is blessed with talent, and I hope it doesn’t disappear when we need him the most. Too many times he’s looked like a million dollars in these type of forgotten games. Even David Gower was fan girling over some of the shots, so you know he is world class even at 40. But we wanna see this at the world t20 knockouts (which iA we will get to).

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is blooming these days Some superb shots today

Hes been on fire in t20s over the last year or so

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mashallah Hafeez! He is so classy these days, he is an absolute pleasure to watch. Silky smooth like Mohammed Yousuf. Absolutely loved it and long may it continue inshallah!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have never been a Hafeez fan but he is an absolute joy to watch these days. He is playing proper cricketing shots effortlessly. We have to remember he is aged 40, so could decline at any stage. But whilst he is playing like this he should stay in the team. He is probably the 2nd best LO batter in Pakistan, and if Pakistan have any chance at the World T20 we will need Hafeez to fire because our middle order is not great regards of who we try.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put aside his resurgence recently but he has always been underrated. I have said this before, if Pakistan players were in the IPL, he would be the first pick (if his bowling is allowed) ahead of Amir,Babar or anyone else.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez - Today

First 10 balls - 12 runs
    Next 10 balls - 29 runs
    Last 13 balls - 32 runs

Hafeez played only 6% false shots today. Control & acceleration - of all 70+ scores in the PSL - this was the third most secure & seventh quickest knock.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez - Today

First 10 balls - 12 runs
    Next 10 balls - 29 runs
    Last 13 balls - 32 runs

Hafeez played only 6% false shots today. Control & acceleration - of all 70+ scores in the PSL - this was the third most secure & seventh quickest knock.
    From the little action I caught,Seems like a flat pitch too but that’s ok, those are the kind of pitches you will get in WT20 in India. Guys like Gayle, Hafeez still have some stuff left because they have figured out the perfect % cricket on whom they can target. This is why these oldies are still lighting it up.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez played domestic cricket for KPK. Also I suppose T20Is against England and New Zealand also count as substandard?
    Both NZ and Eng did not put out their full strength teams in any of those T20 games.... so yes it was substandard.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrim_91 View Post
    Both NZ and Eng did not put out their full strength teams in any of those T20 games.... so yes it was substandard.
    Some people and their agendas, he mighty still fail in world cups but atleast enjoy what he has achieved. Humans can improve actually if they try really hard, something you should also try while admiring hard workers.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now Hafeez without a doubt is Pakistan best T-20 player. He is one of 4 players who walks into the starting 11 for the T-20 WC, along with Rizwan, Shaheen, and Babar.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never really rated Hafeez highly as he was too inconsistent. But he has now turned me in his fan . Never seen a Pak top order batsman hit sixes with such ease. But I am still not completely sold. Lets see how he performs in wc. Should have a cracker of a wc as its in India.
    One thing people are overlooking is that Hafeez always had the natural ability to hit sixes. He has just honed it

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez and Malik are like Shreyas Iyer. Good in smashing spinners but struggled against quality pace bowling especially short pitch stuffs.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun Fact: Mohammad Hafeez played the first ever match of the IPL in 2008.

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is definitely better , free flowing and entertaining batsman than Babar Azam in T20s .

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just goes to show how much cricket has changed in the modern era - the fact that batsmen who are neither recognised as world class test or ODI batsmen, have a batting average under 35 even in first class cricket career , can still go and become arguably the best ever batsman for their country in Pyjama cricket (also known as T20).

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Hafeez and Malik are like Shreyas Iyer. Good in smashing spinners but struggled against quality pace bowling especially short pitch stuffs.
    There is no comparison between the two.
    Hafeez struggles in the corridor, not against the short ball.

Even at 40, he is hitting some ridiculous pull shots to 140 kph plus bowlers.

Malik on the other hand has alwsys been a complete bunny against quick short pitched bowling.
    Last edited by Pacy with wisdom; 23rd February 2021 at 14:01.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Malik and Hafeez are not the same. Malik struggles against pace, Hafeez doesnt.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is am amazing batsman! He actually showcases what hard work can achieve. He can easily play till 43/44 for Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is an age fudger.

He is 30.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Prof Hafeez in the thick of things for Lahore Qalandars - lot expected of him in this game vs Multan

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez off to a bright start once again. 29 from 18 so far.

Name:  amir1.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  245.6 KB

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain whether playing golf could be a reason for the improved batting of Hafeez?

His performances are insane and it has coincided with him developing an interest for golf.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Can someone explain whether playing golf could be a reason for the improved batting of Hafeez?

His performances are insane and it has coincided with him developing an interest for golf.
    Almost all the players play golf. Nothing to do with that.

It's just cheesy correlation.

He always was a top notch timer and stroke player.

Just applying it fearlessly now and not as an opener, where the ball moves so he gets out early.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez brings up his 50 at 200 strike rate. This guy is absolutely unstoppable

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best LOI batsmen right now. He has become world class at the age of 40. If only he could have had this resurgence 5,6 years ago.
    He is the Pakistani Rohit. Great LOI game sense and beautiful to watch.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Just applying it fearlessly now and not as an opener, where the ball moves so he gets out early.
    The commentators were mentioning it as well.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Hafeez's problems were always mental. He lacked self belief and conviction. Ability-wise he was always special. In the last 2 years he has grown mentally and that is reflecting in his game.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60 from 35 from him today.

Hafeez's first dismissal of PSL 6 is being run out by Samit Patel

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    King Hafeez, one of the best!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez will become the second Pakistan player and sixth overall to feature in 100 T20Is when he takes the field against South Africa in first of the four men’s Twenty20 Internationals at the Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg on Saturday.

Hafeez, 40, is one shy of reaching the three-figure mark and all set to join the exclusive club of Shoaib Malik (116), Rohit Sharma (111), Martin Guptill, Eoin Morgan and Ross Taylor (102) who have appeared in 100 or more T20Is since the inception of the shortest format of the game in February 2005.

Hafeez featured in Pakistan’s first-ever T20I in August 2006 in Bristol and scored 46 in Pakistan’s five wickets victory over England. Interestingly, Hafeez’s 50th appearance was also at the Wanderers Stadium against South Africa in November 2013 when he as captain took two for 25 and scored 13 not out as the hosts beat Pakistan by four runs in a rain-shortened match.

While Hafeez will be aiming to join Shoaib in the list of players to have played in 100 or more T20Is, he will also be looking to score, at least, 13 runs that will help him leapfrog Shoaib as Pakistan’s leading run-scorer in T20Is.

Shoaib has to date scored 2,335 runs in 116 T20Is, while Hafeez is sixth on the list with 2,323 runs in 99 matches.

Hafeez has represented Pakistan in five of the six ICC T20 World Cups since 2007, but missed the 2009 campaign in England, which Pakistan won under Younis Khan at Lord’s.