Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Alexis Sanchez succeed at Manchester United?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 55.56%
  • No

4 44.44%
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Alexis Sanchez succeed at Manchester United after his switch from Arsenal?

Manchester United swapped Alexis Sanchez for Henrikh Mkhitaryan in one of the biggest deals of this transfer window. Sanchez has been given the number 7 at United.

Will Alexis Sanchez live up to the hype and succeed at Manchester United?

I personally think he will because unlike other number 7 flops such as Di Maria and Depay, he is already proven in the Premier League.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depay and di Maria are in top form in French football

Di Maria is top class player

Unfair to blame the player if they could not adjust to a particular system at one club .

With mourinho you never know this is the same manger who dismissed de bruyn and salah and both these players are in top form

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Di Maria was class, he was just mismanaged

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PL proven.

Wanted to be a Man Utd player since he was a kid.

Add to that the fact that Man Utd is trying to become the Man Utd of old. They'll keep buying top class players to compete for titles.

Sanchez will give his best for United.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BlueDoritos @PetroDollars @carbon11

You guys have posted your opinions etc but seems like you guys actually forgot to vote in the poll! Please do!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No and only because of Mourinho.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will do well. But I think his peak is slowly ending. He has played year after year in tournaments for Chile. It's a lot of wear and tear on his body.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think so, I think Mikhitaryan will do well at Arsenal but I see Mourinho ruining Sanchez.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will do well but there is no way Sanchez and Mourinho won't eventually combust and destroy each other.

I can see united winning the league next season only for it to fall apart later. Mourinho is a strictly short term manager these days and when things go wrong he will pick a scape goat as always. Right now its Pogba, in the future it will be Sanchez, too much ego for one room.

Ironically I think in some way Sanchez he was fortunte to play under Wenger. He is probably the only major manger in the world who will put up with crap and yet never ever publically slate his own player.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He has been dreadful for Man United. I think this is Torres-Chelsea all over again.

Torres was never the same player after his knee injury before the 2010 World Cup, and he was very poor for Liverpool till January 2011. When Chelsea signed him, they thought he was going to regain his past form and was probably not motivated to play for Liverpool anymore, but he never recovered from that slump.

I think Sanchez is done as a top player, and it will take a good year or two for the reality to sink in for Man United fans. He has lost his edge and is not the player he was a few years ago. Arsenal got rid of him at the perfect time - he was woeful last season till January as well.

Man United should cut their losses and send him packing next summer, replacing him with a proper winger, who doesn't lose the ball a thousand times in 90 minutes and can pass, shoot and cross with his weaker foot as well. Sanchez has become extremely predictable and wasteful.

The salary that he is on makes the whole situation even more comical. He is not worth £150k/week these days, let alone the obscene money that he is pocketing for playing like Obertan.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He has been dreadful for Man United. I think this is Torres-Chelsea all over again.

Torres was never the same player after his knee injury before the 2010 World Cup, and he was very poor for Liverpool till January 2011. When Chelsea signed him, they thought he was going to regain his past form and was probably not motivated to play for Liverpool anymore, but he never recovered from that slump.

I think Sanchez is done as a top player, and it will take a good year or two for the reality to sink in for Man United fans. He has lost his edge and is not the player he was a few years ago. Arsenal got rid of him at the perfect time - he was woeful last season till January as well.

Man United should cut their losses and send him packing next summer, replacing him with a proper winger, who doesn't lose the ball a thousand times in 90 minutes and can pass, shoot and cross with his weaker foot as well. Sanchez has become extremely predictable and wasteful.

The salary that he is on makes the whole situation even more comical. He is not worth £150k/week these days, let alone the obscene money that he is pocketing for playing like Obertan.
    Great points again Mamoon. Once again good to see you can take some time out from warning against IK's despotic rule in Islamabad to give some insightful views on English football.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Neither Sanchez or Mkhitaryan have set the world alight at their new clubs.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not getting the freedom he got at Arsenal, even in his decline he was really effective and always getting the ball trying to make something happen. In a squad that has alot of big names Sanchez loses the influence he had as a playmaker, and his goalscoring has genuinely declined as a player in his latter years

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His bad form last season was due to poor fitness after he became disinterested in the game when Arsenal held him ransom, he became disgusted and lost interest.

He should come good this season and looks like he had been working hard during the summer - he also looks alot sharper in the two games hes played.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's finished I think. He will have some good games but he will frustrate with giving the ball away and his predictable cutting on to his right foot. Being on 500k doesn't help as well.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Things going from bad to worse for Sanchez. It seems Jose has lost all confidence in him. And the fans too.