Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The response of Indian fans in this should really teach a few of the Pakistani fans on this forum a lesson to be honest. No matter what the antics of their captain on the field, they defend him through thick and thin. God forbid, if Sarfraz was upto such shenanigans, he would have been outlawed and his posters would have been burnt in public. Such is the decency and hypocrisy of Pakistani fans.

Support your own. Stop devaluing your players. When you bash your own players mercilessly, owing to massive inferiority complexes, why do you expect fans of other countries to respect your cricketers?

With respect to the thread, good on Virat Kohli. Too many nice guys in cricket nowadays.
    I completely agree with you about the fact that we need to support our captains through thick and thin, but the thing is this is a pakistani-centric forum where Indians would rather support their own team and players instead of feed into the negativity about their own captain. It's analogous to how if a foreigner was badmouthing about pakistan then alot of us would be quick to defend our country, but if a fellow pakistani was doing it then we might reinforce their thoughts and make negative comments as well.Part of it has to do with us assuming that they have the right to talk about pakistan like that since they are it's citizens and have had life experiences there. I'm sure alot of indians don't like Kohli's behaviour yet they woud defend him on a pakistani blog. It's their pride which makes them defend him, which is a good thing! Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 15th February 2018 at 11:03.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    Think he's been extra worked up in this series because he'll FINALLY be able to shut some critics up about India's away record. Nevertheless it's childish attitude but the fact he does it shows how much he cares about his team. Sarfaraz imo handles the aggression better since he directs the aggression at his own team mates who are all friends with him rather than doing what kohli does and risk entering the demerit points territory.
    Lol you slid it in there nicely

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree with you about the fact that we need to support our captains through thick and thin, but the thing is this is a pakistani-centric forum where Indians would rather support their own team and players instead of feed into the negativity about their own captain. It's analogous to how if a foreigner was badmouthing about pakistan then alot of us would be quick to defend our country, but if a fellow pakistani was doing it then we might reinforce their thoughts and make negative comments as well.Part of it has to do with us assuming that they have the right to talk about pakistan like that since they are it's citizens and have had life experiences there. I'm sure alot of indians don't like Kohli's behaviour yet they woud defend him on a pakistani blog. It's their pride which makes them defend him, which is a good thing! Nothing wrong with that.
    Amount if harsh comments we Indians give here for Rohit, Ishant, Pandya and some times for even Dhoni is far more than Pak fans. But when champion player Kohli is blamed for moral behaviour non sense we do come in and support
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 15th February 2018 at 12:07.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I would dare him to behave this way with someone like Tyson. He would dare not do it. If he foolishly does it i will concede that this is Kohli the original.
    Not even Akhtar would dare to do it infront of Tyson and Akhtar was actually a tough guy. If we use your logic then I would dare Tyson to score only 1 century.

I myself don't like Kohli making monkey faces after every wicket. You need to pick and choose when to celebrate. You can't celebrate like a maniac after taking Rabada's wicket like you do when you take De Villiers wicket. Pumping your fists and jumping is good after taking a wicket. But jumping like a junglee bandar and doing MC/BC is a complete no no.

Ganguly was as passionate captain as Kohli is currently. But his way of celebrating was better. 2002 Natwest Celebration at Lords was an exception though. He gave it back to Flintoff and I liked it.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As cricket is becoming more of a sissy game we need some characters who make it interesting and vk is one of them

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Not even Akhtar would dare to do it infront of Tyson and Akhtar was actually a tough guy. If we use your logic then I would dare Tyson to score only 1 century.

I myself don't like Kohli making monkey faces after every wicket. You need to pick and choose when to celebrate. You can't celebrate like a maniac after taking Rabada's wicket like you do when you take De Villiers wicket. Pumping your fists and jumping is good after taking a wicket. But jumping like a junglee bandar and doing MC/BC is a complete no no.

Ganguly was as passionate captain as Kohli is currently. But his way of celebrating was better. 2002 Natwest Celebration at Lords was an exception though. He gave it back to Flintoff and I liked it.
    King Kohli will continue to do what he does best, no need to change anything to impress few armchair critics : shhh

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that bothers me about Kohli's celebrations is the fear that he might dislocate his shoulder.

Regarding sledging: If others are too scared to rile him up when he's batting lest he score more, that's their problem. They are welcome to give as much as they get from him. And if he retaliates, they need to have the guts to keep at it. Unfortunately, not too many of them seem to have the guts to keep at it when he glares back at them. That's not a problem he needs to be concerned with

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    King Kohli will continue to do what he does best, no need to change anything to impress few armchair critics : shhh
    Yeah no need to change anything for his 8 year old fans. They love him when he does that.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No doubt it is an utter shame that one of the greatest cricket nations in the world is being led by somebody as ill mannered and arrogant as Virat Kohli. He may be a wonderful batsman but he remains a disgrace to the gentlemen's game as a person. If things continue to go like this he faces the threat of ending up in history books as a great player but a douche bag person like Ricky Ponting and Kumar Sangakkara.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    No doubt it is an utter shame that one of the greatest cricket nations in the world is being led by somebody as ill mannered and arrogant as Virat Kohli. He may be a wonderful batsman but he remains a disgrace to the gentlemen's game as a person. If things continue to go like this he faces the threat of ending up in history books as a great player but a douche bag person like Ricky Ponting and Kumar Sangakkara.
    Calm down. He doesn't cheat.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    If things continue to go like this he faces the threat of ending up in history books as a great player but a douche bag person like Ricky Ponting and Kumar Sangakkara.
    I think most cricketers would take that.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The response of Indian fans in this should really teach a few of the Pakistani fans on this forum a lesson to be honest. No matter what the antics of their captain on the field, they defend him through thick and thin. God forbid, if Sarfraz was upto such shenanigans, he would have been outlawed and his posters would have been burnt in public. Such is the decency and hypocrisy of Pakistani fans.

Support your own. Stop devaluing your players. When you bash your own players mercilessly, owing to massive inferiority complexes, why do you expect fans of other countries to respect your cricketers?

With respect to the thread, good on Virat Kohli. Too many nice guys in cricket nowadays.
    This.People want cricket to be played by choirboys .Every major sport played by men will have such moments.Adrenalin and Testosterone make you do such things.And to me, that addes spice to the game.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a joker when in the field. I’m all down to spicing things up but this guy is just a joker.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    His antics are part of his performance. He appears to have learned the Aussie tricks of veering dangerously close to the line without ever crossing it and thus avoiding censure.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    He is a joker when in the field. I’m all down to spicing things up but this guy is just a joker.
    What is Sarfraz then?

You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no need to change anything for his 8 year old fans. They love him when he does that.
    Mind your language, don't get personal ..if some one doesn't agree with you, throwing toys out of pram. Shows who is knee-jerk / 8 year old. Learn to debate .. brother.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    What is Sarfraz then?
    Sarfaraz is the BATMAN

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down. He doesn't cheat.
    Ha ha.. good one don't know about Sanga but RP certainly use to cheat (claimed grounded catches) ..

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli needs to pull in his emotions, was a little over the top in SA: Steve Waugh

Virat Kohli's aggressive brand of captaincy has always divided opinions and former Auatralia skipper Steve Waugh feels that the India skipper was a "little over the top" in the recent tour of South Africa.

India enjoyed decent success in the 58-day tour, during which the side lost the Test series 1-2 but clinched the ODI and Twenty20 series 5-1 and 2-1 respectively. Kohli's stellar performance with the bat was among the biggest positives to be drawn from the gruelling sojourn.

Waugh feels that Kohli's aggressive nature is a part of his development as a charismatic India captain.

"I have seen him in South Africa and I feel that he was little over the top. But that's a learning thing for a captain," Waugh told PTI.

Waugh said Kohli needs to strike a balance given that not all players in his team are as expressive as he is.

"As a captain, he (Kohli) is still developing and needs some time to pull in his excitement factor and emotions but that's the way he plays," he said.

"I think he just needs to get a bit aware that everyone in the side can't play in that fashion. Someone like (Ajinkya) Rahane and (Cheteshwar) Pujara are very calm and quiet guys so he needs to just understand that some players are different," Waugh added.

"At times he probably needs to tone his aggression down and at times he needs to lift it, so he needs to work it out what's right."

The Australian great, however, insisted that he has immense respect for Kohli the player.

"He (Kohli) is leading very well right now. He has that charisma and that X-factor and so he wants all the rest of the team to follow him. He wants the team to play positively all the time and win as quickly as he can," observed Waugh.

"They have got a very good win record in the last couple of years in all forms of the game.

Virat has high aspirations from his team. He wants to be no.1 across all formats which is difficult to do these days."

Kohli and India have now set their sights on conquering England and Australia, India's upcoming two big Test challenges later this year.

India will play a five-Test series in England in August and September and are due to tour Australia for four Tests in the summer of 2018-19.

But Waugh feels it would be easier said than done and Kohli would be key to India's success in Australia.

"Australia will be favourites in Australia because we have got such a great record, just like India in India. Virat (Kohli) would obviously be the key in Australia. He played amazing in Australia last time," he said.

"India are a very confident young side and they are playing with great confidence and passion that their captain believes in. They believe they can win in Australia no doubt."

He, however, said India will have decent chance as the pitches in Australia will be more familiar to them this time around.

"To be fair, the pitches will suit India more than the past because the pitches are very benign at the moment," Waugh said.

"So they will definitely suit the Indian batsmen and the spinners will come into action more. So I think it would be a very competitive series."

Despite the Test series loss in South Africa, India have managed to retain the ICC Test Championship mace for the second consecutive year but Waugh feels there isn't much difference between the top three sides -- India, South Africa and Australia.

"They are a very competitive side, they cover all positions well. So, I think India, South Africa and Australia are right now three sides who are very similar in quality and they will fight it out for the No.1 position in the next couple of years," he said.

Talking about Kohlis predecessor M S Dhoni, Waugh said the inspirational wicketkeeper-batsman is looking good enough to carry on till at least next year's World Cup.

"He (Dhoni) is still a great player but he needs to have that energy and that spark which right now, he does have. But 12 months is still long, long away.

"He is definitely good enough but sometimes when you get a bit older you don't prepare as well as you have done before but right now it looks like he is doing that. He is keen, he is a great leader and he is a winner," Waugh signed off.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...533-2018-02-27

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ex-Proteas cricketer Paul Harris compares Kohli’s conduct to clown

New Delhi [India]: Reacting to the ban on pacer Kagiso Rabada by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for his conduct, former South Africa cricketer Paul Harris brought Virat Kohli into the controversy, saying the India skipper acted like a “clown” during the South Africa tour and yet faced no consequences for it.

The ex-cricketer also accused the ICC of having a prejudice against the South African team.

“I watched Kohli behave like a clown for three tests here in SA and nothing. Seems to me that @ICC either have an issue with Rabada or with the Proteas in general,” Harris wrote on Twitter.

Rabada has been facing a Test match ban after being found guilty of breaching Level 2 ICC Code of Conduct offence of “inappropriate and deliberate physical contact with a player”.

The incident happened after Rabada scalped Australian skipper Steve Smith’s crucial wicket for 25 in the first innings of the second Test and celebrated the victory by brushing his shoulder against the departing skipper.

Earlier in the day, former England batsman Kevin Pietersen also slammed the ICC’s decision to suspend the South African star speedster.

Taking to his official Twitter account, Pietersen questioned the current state of Test cricket and voiced his outrage at the ICC’s decision.

Pietersen wrote that he was pretty happy not to be playing Test cricket in the current scenario. (ANI)

https://www.siasat.com/news/ex-prote...clown-1330379/

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Paul Harris ... Every Tom, Dick and Harry want to comment on arguably best badman in the world 2 to get some midea attention.. it has become trend these days

Kohli got enough fines and warnings from ICC.

Kohli stares at crowd, opposition dressing room, he never touches opposition player.

In short, King Kohli never crosses imaginary line invented by Ozzie's

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    NARINE’S ACTION, KOHLI REACTION

RCB skipper questions legality of KKR spinner’s bowling while batting; referee says nothing serious, team management unaware

Did Virat Kohli exceed the brief on the field. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has not released a statement on his alleged breach of conduct but his actions on the field seem to have ruffled some feathers.

While facing Sunil Narineduring Royal Challengers Bangalore-Kolkata Knight Riders game in Bangalore on Sunday night, Kohli made a few gestures and then a comment that were not exactly in the spirit of the game. Not everyone concerned was amused.

Kohli’s gestures were aimed at the bowling action of the Kolkata Knight Riders spinner. He was actually referring to the alleged ‘illegality’ in Narine’s action. There were even social posts on Kohli’s comments. “Virat Kohli just said at the completion of over “Battaa mar raha hai ” to the umpire referring to Narine #RCBvKKR,” said a Twitter post.

Judging the legality of the bowler’s action, as per rules, is an umpire’s job and the players are not allowed to pass comment openly. The action is reported by the umpire to the regulator, the BCCI, ICC or the MCA.

On Sunday, Nigel Llong and Anil Chaudhary were the umpires and it was clear that the RCB skipper was passing ‘judgement’ on Narine’s action. Narine, no doubt, was called for illegal action in the past and even in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) recently but no Indian umpire has found anything wrong with his action so far this year.

Mirror understands that the two umpires and match referee Manu Nayyar did not find anything wrong with the bowler’s action. The BCCI officials also told this paper that they have not received any complaints from the match officials.

When contacted, match referee Nayyar said there was nothing serious about the incident. “These things happen on the field but I am not supposed to speak on the matter to the media. You should contact the BCCI,” the match referee said.

Should these things be happening on the field is the question. The captains and players can privately express their apprehensions but an open gesture about someone’s bowling action is something unheard of.

When contacted, RCB manager Avinaash Vaidhya expressed ignorance. “Nothing of that sort has happened and the match officials have not spoken to us,” said an RCB official but this paper learns that the match officials have spoken to Kohli over the matter. KKR team and officials, who were travelling to Kolkata yesterday, did want to comment on this. Messages to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri, who was in Pune yesterday, remained unanswered.

Kohli made a valiant unbeaten 68 but could not help RCB, who are languishing in the seventh position, earn the much-needed win. Narine, on the other hand, ended with none for 38 in four overs but scored a stroke-filled 27 (off 19 balls) to shine in KKR’s win.

https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/sp...w/63978013.cms

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    NARINE’S ACTION, KOHLI REACTION

RCB skipper questions legality of KKR spinner’s bowling while batting; referee says nothing serious, team management unaware

Did Virat Kohli exceed the brief on the field. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has not released a statement on his alleged breach of conduct but his actions on the field seem to have ruffled some feathers.

While facing Sunil Narineduring Royal Challengers Bangalore-Kolkata Knight Riders game in Bangalore on Sunday night, Kohli made a few gestures and then a comment that were not exactly in the spirit of the game. Not everyone concerned was amused.

Kohli’s gestures were aimed at the bowling action of the Kolkata Knight Riders spinner. He was actually referring to the alleged ‘illegality’ in Narine’s action. There were even social posts on Kohli’s comments. “Virat Kohli just said at the completion of over “Battaa mar raha hai ” to the umpire referring to Narine #RCBvKKR,” said a Twitter post.

Judging the legality of the bowler’s action, as per rules, is an umpire’s job and the players are not allowed to pass comment openly. The action is reported by the umpire to the regulator, the BCCI, ICC or the MCA.

On Sunday, Nigel Llong and Anil Chaudhary were the umpires and it was clear that the RCB skipper was passing ‘judgement’ on Narine’s action. Narine, no doubt, was called for illegal action in the past and even in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) recently but no Indian umpire has found anything wrong with his action so far this year.

Mirror understands that the two umpires and match referee Manu Nayyar did not find anything wrong with the bowler’s action. The BCCI officials also told this paper that they have not received any complaints from the match officials.

When contacted, match referee Nayyar said there was nothing serious about the incident. “These things happen on the field but I am not supposed to speak on the matter to the media. You should contact the BCCI,” the match referee said.

Should these things be happening on the field is the question. The captains and players can privately express their apprehensions but an open gesture about someone’s bowling action is something unheard of.

When contacted, RCB manager Avinaash Vaidhya expressed ignorance. “Nothing of that sort has happened and the match officials have not spoken to us,” said an RCB official but this paper learns that the match officials have spoken to Kohli over the matter. KKR team and officials, who were travelling to Kolkata yesterday, did want to comment on this. Messages to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri, who was in Pune yesterday, remained unanswered.

Kohli made a valiant unbeaten 68 but could not help RCB, who are languishing in the seventh position, earn the much-needed win. Narine, on the other hand, ended with none for 38 in four overs but scored a stroke-filled 27 (off 19 balls) to shine in KKR’s win.

https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/sp...w/63978013.cms
    Wrong. He didn't just say "Bhatta maar raha hai", he added the usual expeltive - you know which one, at the end.Though I do not necessarily agree it had to do with him being captain.. He was talking for himself, not the team! Also, anything Kohli would grab headlines!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some England fans not too pleased about his Root send-off... Of course, with some curses thrown in as well, par for the course.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Some England fans not too pleased about his Root send-off... Of course, with some curses thrown in as well, par for the course.
    Eng players can pee on pitch but Kohli cant give a flying kiss?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to get over Kohli's behavior. Yes, it seems overblown at times but that's just how he is. That's how his passion for the game comes out.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish Kohli would go even more over the top to rattle all the “Mustache Pete’s”.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good from kohli .england team and aus are one of the biggest whinner and crybabie when some body give them back
    kohli seems to know how to get under their skin .

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the greatest mouth shusher at the moment. Best banter celebration.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Name:  virar-kohli-mic.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  27.9 KB

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 2 should be interesting

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As long as he is not cursing the fans and the officials, it's fine.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to hate Kohli on his childish behavior, but lets be honest the English are crybabies and he is somehow trying to get underneath their skin... which does affect them eventually

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Virat can back it up, it's why I have no problems with it.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good, keeps competition alive hope some English players also gets fired up specially stokes who is looking too timid from past couple of months.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty brave for a guy who cant bat in england. He celebrated as if india won the series 5-0 .If he wants a revenge from Root then he should get a match winning ton instead of celebrating like that
    Last edited by UN talkz; 2nd August 2018 at 12:07.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Pretty brave for a guy who cant bat in england. He celebrated as if india won the series 5-0 .If he wants a revenge from Root then he should get a match winning ton instead of celebrating like that
    The no. 2 batsman can do anything he wants. You want a ton, you'll get 3 of those. Stay tuned.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli has 'informal chat' with match referee during first Test

Virat Kohli had an 'informal chat' with match referee Jeff Crowe ahead of day three of the first Test between England and India to discuss his responsibilities and behaviours as captain, Sky Sports understands.

The conversation is thought to concern his use of bad language during his celebration of the Joe Root run out on day one.

Kohli dismissed the England skipper for 70 with a direct hit - a brilliant bit of fielding at square leg - and then celebrated with a 'mic drop' in retaliation to Root's own in clinching the preceding one-day series between the two teams.

Kohli then struck a magnificent century on day two, hitting 149 - his first Test ton in England - as India were bowled out for 274, trailing their hosts by 13, in a thrilling first Test of the five-match series.

Michael Atherton believes any potential disciplinary action against Kohli would be unwarranted, saying: "It really irritates me, this. I think there are more important things to think about than worrying about that.

"We've had two days of great Test cricket and this was not someone stood in the face of a batsman and abusing him and sending him off. It was a kind of instinctive reaction, away from the action."

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/new...ing-first-test

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli has 'informal chat' with match referee during first Test

Virat Kohli had an 'informal chat' with match referee Jeff Crowe ahead of day three of the first Test between England and India to discuss his responsibilities and behaviours as captain, Sky Sports understands.

The conversation is thought to concern his use of bad language during his celebration of the Joe Root run out on day one.

Kohli dismissed the England skipper for 70 with a direct hit - a brilliant bit of fielding at square leg - and then celebrated with a 'mic drop' in retaliation to Root's own in clinching the preceding one-day series between the two teams.

Kohli then struck a magnificent century on day two, hitting 149 - his first Test ton in England - as India were bowled out for 274, trailing their hosts by 13, in a thrilling first Test of the five-match series.

Michael Atherton believes any potential disciplinary action against Kohli would be unwarranted, saying: "It really irritates me, this. I think there are more important things to think about than worrying about that.

"We've had two days of great Test cricket and this was not someone stood in the face of a batsman and abusing him and sending him off. It was a kind of instinctive reaction, away from the action."

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/new...ing-first-test
    I hope he doesn't get in any trouble for this. It wasn't over the top, not like he went in the batsman's face and started celebrating.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mountain out of mole hill. What a pathetic display from the match referee. No wonder cricket is going no where as a sport.

As long as these types of useless people will exist as match officials in cricket it will go nowhere as a sport. Its high time for ICC to take bold actions and kick these types of match officials put of their position.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Pahad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were there disciplinary actions against Flintoff and Ganguly for their half naked celebrations?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Bet Kohli is going to get one of those scary "Demerit Points".

He'll be heart broken I'm sure.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    No criticism of his behaviour but quality is definitely lacking today

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Virat Kohli behavior brushed under the carpet?

I have a simple point to make:
    Virat Kohli we all know abuses every team he plays against(See SA tour etc),Rebukes journalists when they ask the right questions,was responsible for Sacking of a gentleman like Kumble and many other childish behavior.

Now we know how much flak Sarfaraz gets here for just scolding some of his teammates or Hasan for his celebrations.And for Kohli its passion.As if other cricketers are not passionate.

I don't agree with this that he is a great player so can do anything.Then people shouldn't get worked over Australian sledging back in the days.

I find no difference between him and Warner(everyones villain). I never liked Kohli's on field behavior but don't know why he doesn't get called out?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because cricket is a religion in India and top cricketers are Gods.
    No one wants to be accused of blaphemy

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    I have a simple point to make:
    Virat Kohli we all know abuses every team he plays against(See SA tour etc),Rebukes journalists when they ask the right questions,was responsible for Sacking of a gentleman like Kumble and many other childish behavior.

Now we know how much flak Sarfaraz gets here for just scolding some of his teammates or Hasan for his celebrations.And for Kohli its passion.As if other cricketers are not passionate.

I don't agree with this that he is a great player so can do anything.Then people shouldn't get worked over Australian sledging back in the days.

I find no difference between him and Warner(everyones villain). I never liked Kohli's on field behavior but don't know why he doesn't get called out?
    This 'He is a great player so he can do anything' only works in India and Pakistan. If Kevin Pietersen was an Indian or a Pakistani he would have played lot more matches than he played for England.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 'He is a great player so he can do anything' only works in India and Pakistan. If Kevin Pietersen was an Indian or a Pakistani he would have played lot more matches than he played for England.
    BVB seeing you after a long time. How are you?

Btw I disagree with you. Don't you remember how much of a troublemaker Botham was? Yet he was always treated as a superstar. Same thing with Stokes. The guy had a full fledged criminal trial. Look at his status in England.

Same thing with Australia where guys like Warne, Symmo, Slater, etc were regular troublemakers and that didn't affect their reputation whoatsoever.

Chris Gayle sexually harrasses a lady on live television. Yet he gets treated like royalty in WI where he gets to pick and choose whatever matches he wants to play.

Compared to those guys, Kohli looks like a saint.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Everyday there is an article.on his behavior, some.blog.post, if anything he has gotten so much negativity after his one comment than any other player, deservingly so.

Even feels like Rohit is being promoted heavily now.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What has Kohli done? There is always so much talk about his 'behaviour', but can those proponents list his 'crimes' so the rest of us can get up to speed? :

For example, for Harbhajan it would be slapping Sreesanth, getting into a tussle with Symonds, and for Ponting it would be yelling at Srinath after getting hit by a bouncer, taking out his ire at Duncan Fletcher after being run out, etc.

But for Kohli?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Warner has gotten into physical altercations with other players and is a cheat. Are you seriously comparing Kohli to Warner? Just because he tells the crowd to shut up sometimes, puts a finger on his lips when a batsman gets out, etc?

Can you list the instances of him disrespecting journalists? Nothing wrong with sacking Kumble, since being the captain of the team, he can make that decision.

Kohli doesn't scold his teammates every minute, and he didn't go to the border and make a mockery of himself.
    Last edited by Sachin136; 14th November 2018 at 20:41.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't think so. Certainly not for India. He was sacked because of his text message to the opposition captain on how to dismiss his own team's captain. Now that's height of unprofessionalism. Most of all, he did something to hurt his own team. Harbhajan was a tool as well but he never did anything while on national duty against his team's interests.

The BCCI would have not tolerated the incident that I mentioned.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who find kohli's off field behavior nice??

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you follow a little bit of Indian social media, the flak he’s received recently has been worse than anything an Indian cricketer May have seen. All kinds of abuses and even a trend to remove him from captaincy. He’s also faced a lot of criticism for having his wife in official pics and programs.

Also, if he was abusing his own players hysterically like Sarfaraz does, he will get called out as well. Abusing the opposition is seen as ‘aggression’ and to be fair to him, he does that in all situations, playing in India or away, when not in form or when he’s scoring bucketloads of runs and winning matches.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.shah View Post
    Am I the only one who find kohli's off field behavior nice??
    You are not alone in this terrible affliction. My condolences.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know what he's done that is that bad really.

There's a cricketer in Pakistan who has tried to hit other players with bats and kick them and yet we still idolise him.

I think in general Kohli's behaviours highlighted more just because India sees him as Tendulkar's successor. If he played for Pakistan I don't think anyone would bat an eye comparing him to the star cricketers we had in 90s and 00s. Even though in general our recent lot are well behaved.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for not sledging etc.See his sendoffs at Finch wicket.Johnson was right
    Kohli is a disgrace

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is a disgrace
    We never said no sledging that was the Aussies and Johnson preaching people about on field behavior is like nazis talking about value of human life.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli is a disgrace
    Anyday better than the Captain who runs across the pitch for every ball by shouting and screaming at his own players.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast Johnson never claims to be a saint like Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As someone in his early 30s, with his work ethic and with the kind of achievements that he already has, I find him quite grounded and realistic. The kind of aggressive body language that he shows is something that started in Indian cricket from this century, once Saurav Ganguly look over. It is a welcome change and it changed the indian culture of being timid and lacking killer instinct which ensured that Indians would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Now, even if chips are down, Indian fans are upbeat because they know that the team would not roll down and die at the sight of adversity. It is a great sign and that makes him a role model for Indians.

If that is bad, as far as his detractors are concerned so be it. He is not bothered by what others think about him.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast Johnson never claims to be a saint like Kohli
    lol, when did Kohli claim to be a saint?

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So much for not sledging etc.See his sendoffs at Finch wicket. Johnson was right Kohli is a disgrace
    The way Kohli manhandled Johnson in 2014 when he was at his peak bowling form, Kohli will always be a disgrace for him.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    The way Kohli manhandled Johnson in 2014 when he was at his peak bowling form, Kohli will always be a disgrace for him.
    But Johnson had the last laugh in WC 2015 semis

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli is a disgrace
    Don't be dramatic here. That was in no way a mouthful by Kohli.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, maybe its just me who likes coolness and emotional apathy more then someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. Just today he went mental screaming like a banshee after Bumrah took Handscomb's wicket. It feels unnecessary and ungraceful. Its like he has no control over his emotions. Not something one would expect from an experienced player and also one captaining a Test side. Despite all his talents and amazing feats, this particular thing has always kept me from becoming his fan.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    On some of the flattest pitches of this decade. Funny how Kohli-fans always forget this little fact.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    On some of the flattest pitches of this decade. Funny how Kohli-fans always forget this little fact.
    The same decks where England were steam-rollered the previous season.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    I don't know, maybe its just me who likes coolness and emotional apathy more then someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. Just today he went mental screaming like a banshee after Bumrah took Handscomb's wicket. It feels unnecessary and ungraceful. Its like he has no control over his emotions. Not something one would expect from an experienced player and also one captaining a Test side. Despite all his talents and amazing feats, this particular thing has always kept me from becoming his fan.
    This.Warner was blasted on this thread for celebrating wildly in a way no less than Kohli when he ran out Abdv.But Kohli gets away with all this

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What is wrong with sledging the Aussies?

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    What is wrong with sledging the Aussies?
    Nothing wrong but this guy goes overboard puts it off for me everytime.Even at tailenders wicket he does his monkey acts

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

This was part of the Finch celebration I think.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong, don't want to watch it close your tv set.
    You are living in kohli era,, adapt or perish.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only problem I have with him is he becomes all friendly when playing against Pakistan. It's like he is putting on an act to be extra nice. That's disgraceful.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    The only problem I have with him is he becomes all friendly when playing against Pakistan. It's like he is putting on an act to be extra nice. That's disgraceful.
    When you think about it the only team he is aggressive against is Australia - be it home or away.

No sparks fly when we play Eng/Pak/SA/WI etc.

I mean there was an incident in the SA tour where he got a little cranky in the press conference, but besides that...

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    All antics can be tolerated as long as he performs and his team wins. I see nothing wrong with his behavior. If garbage cricketers like Sarfraz can show attitude than people like Virat have all the right to show aggression to the opposition.

Aussies are crybabies anyway.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Aussies will whine and complain about everything just to divert attention from their performances. crybabies.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli to pujara, we have all kinds of characters in the team.
    But they have never gone over the top. Proud.
    Crybabies can cry!!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    When you think about it the only team he is aggressive against is Australia - be it home or away.

No sparks fly when we play Eng/Pak/SA/WI etc.

I mean there was an incident in the SA tour where he got a little cranky in the press conference, but besides that...
    He may go overboard against Aussies but he is always in a competitive mood against others teams without giving an inch to the opposition. But that spark is missing when it comes to matches against Pak. Does he think Indian team is above Pakistan that he don't need such antics to win?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    He may go overboard against Aussies but he is always in a competitive mood against others teams without giving an inch to the opposition. But that spark is missing when it comes to matches against Pak. Does he think Indian team is above Pakistan that he don't need such antics to win?
    If Kohli does his Australia thing against Pakistan it may spark a diplomatic crisis haha!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Apparently he was boo'ed when he came into bat today