Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 721 to 800 of 939
  1. #721
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sane.Cricket.Fan View Post
    Hold your horses.. Nagarkoti hasn't bowled yet
    Oh... He definitely is gonna steam in. Failed with the bat.

  2. #722
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,276
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol, this U19 batting is pathetic.

    Our previous U19 team batting was much better.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  3. #723
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    28,815
    Mentioned
    1170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bund karien tv


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  4. #724
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,352
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Need to promote Afridi 🤣

  5. #725
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,276
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sane.Cricket.Fan View Post
    Hold your horses.. Nagarkoti hasn't bowled yet
    I've seen Nagarkoti.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  6. #726
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopeless. Some things never change.

  7. #727
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,582
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder the Indians batted first after winning the Toss !!!!!!!

  8. #728
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    28,815
    Mentioned
    1170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indians being inspired by Sachin and Kohli while our players being influenced by Misbah


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  9. #729
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    1,132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men Indian cricket is at another level.. You need to give it to them. This pacer ravi looks awesome prospect

    Look at our batsmen at the top pathetic technique for
    A top order batsmen

  10. #730
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortunate to watch these guys in the stadium, i was super impressed by bowling of Musa and Mavi. Subham Gill looks complete batsman.

  11. #731
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,326
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope these kids learn a lesson and get bowled out for under 50. Heartless wimps. As Mike Tyson would say, “ scared cowards “.

  12. #732
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    661
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Excellent from Mavi
    What do you say, the fast bowlers of India and Pakistan are better than their seniors?

  13. #733
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I've seen Nagarkoti.

    Don't bother.. you'll see again

  14. #734
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Indians being inspired by Sachin and Kohli while our players being influenced by Misbah
    Misbah was a Champion too.

  15. #735
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    28,815
    Mentioned
    1170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hate this stupid dead bat batting... atleast nudge it for a single.... who is teaching these kids


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  16. #736
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    6,864
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How tides have changed. Indian setup was such a pathetic one in the 90’s and look at them now. And on the other hand, we have regressed.

  17. #737
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,326
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckMaster View Post
    Misbah was a Champion too.
    A champion of playing it safe and accepting defeat under “gracious” terms. Ruined the entire legacy of Pakistan with his mediocre captaincy and batting.

  18. #738
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Hope these kids learn a lesson and get bowled out for under 50. Heartless wimps. As Mike Tyson would say, “ scared cowards “.
    Its not about that, they weren't really invested in like their Indian counterparts and the difference is clear for all to see.

  19. #739
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,698
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I hate this stupid dead bat batting... atleast nudge it for a single.... who is teaching these kids
    Moin Khan's brother...

  20. #740
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    What do you say, the fast bowlers of India and Pakistan are better than their seniors?
    So true.

    The Indian seniors especially Bhuvaneswar and Bumrah are special though

  21. #741
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan batting for stumps?

  22. #742
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,326
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Its not about that, they weren't really invested in like their Indian counterparts and the difference is clear for all to see.
    They are paid and trained professionals. Not fed by their parents. They know right from wrong.

  23. #743
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    661
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sane.Cricket.Fan View Post
    So true.

    The Indian seniors especially Bhuvaneswar and Bumrah are special though
    Dont forget Shami.

  24. #744
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we could bore them to concede defeat.

  25. #745
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    9,639
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badsha001 View Post
    Moin Khan's brother...
    How is Moin Khan's brother named Mansoor Rana ???

  26. #746
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh did the exact same. Bored the hell out of us with no attempt to chase down

  27. #747
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving wickets away to the medium pacer

  28. #748
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,276
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The wall gone.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  29. #749
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Pakistan. Not like that.

  30. #750
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    They are paid and trained professionals. Not fed by their parents. They know right from wrong.
    They are kids. How much did you know right from wrong at 16? Besides my point was that anyone who performs is raw talent and has not been invested in or coached.

  31. #751
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another blinder by Shaw in the slips.

  32. #752
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    181
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Indian juniors are certainly better slip fielders than the seniors

  33. #753
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mavi has created the pressure... Ishan reaps the benefits . 3rd Pak wicket for him

  34. #754
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anindo View Post
    The Indian juniors are certainly better slip fielders than the seniors
    Significantly better

  35. #755
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,326
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    They are kids. How much did you know right from wrong at 16? Besides my point was that anyone who performs is raw talent and has not been invested in or coached.
    Right from wrong in terms of cricket. The basics. At least if you don’t know, you can learn by watching from others.

  36. #756
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from Shaheen , Musa and Arshad we have nothing to who for in the batting department as usual. We used to say that we have bowling covered and India batting but they have genuine bowlers now and we are still at 10-14-3 odd

  37. #757
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,799
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sane.Cricket.Fan View Post
    Mavi has created the pressure... Ishan reaps the benefits . 3rd Pak wicket for him
    You are saying this as if the batsmen are blindly slogging. The shots they played to get out would still have been played even if they were 50 for 0. It's the bounce doing them in


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  38. #758
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    661
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganguly's Roof View Post
    Giving wickets away to the medium pacer
    But this medium pacer has a lot of bounce. Looks to me a cross between hardik pandya and bumrah, and bowling reminds me just a bit of Mcgrath.

  39. #759
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    They are kids. How much did you know right from wrong at 16? Besides my point was that anyone who performs is raw talent and has not been invested in or coached.

    Don't worry now with Biometric identify (Aadhar) one can't fool systems in India

  40. #760
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Right from wrong in terms of cricket. The basics. At least if you don’t know, you can learn by watching from others.
    I don't know what you're going on about. You are talking about common sense and the will to actually better your self.

  41. #761
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    porel bowled around 135k in opening match before injury now trundling

    gets bounce from good length area

  42. #762
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sane.Cricket.Fan View Post
    Don't worry now with Biometric identify (Aadhar) one can't fool systems in India
    That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

  43. #763
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So much hype of our U19 players. Apart from 1-2 none of them has future in our national team

  44. #764
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik Azhar & Hafeez are safe for a decade yet.

  45. #765
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    38,787
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    India vs Aghanistan should be a great final.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  46. #766
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    181
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porer will be quite handy if he adds 10k in pace. Bhuvi and Khaleel have done it so no reason he can't

  47. #767
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just waiting for us to win another useless T20 bilateral so that we can brush everything under the carpet. And then feel the wrath of the extra patriotic Pakistanis at the first signs of criticism.

  48. #768
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    38,787
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    So much hype of our U19 players. Apart from 1-2 none of them has future in our national team
    That pacer who took 4 wickets looks promising.

    Cranked it up to 147kph as well

    Looking forward to seeing more of Gill, the kid is class


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  49. #769
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    India vs Aghanistan should be a great final.
    AFG U35 are out. It would be actually against actual AUS U19s

  50. #770
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    38,787
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    AFG U35 are out. It would be actually against actual AUS U19s
    Afghanistan lost?


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  51. #771
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,799
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sane.Cricket.Fan View Post
    Don't worry now with Biometric identify (Aadhar) one can't fool systems in India
    What are you babbling about?


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  52. #772
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Afghanistan lost?
    Yeah, the beards on an unusually hot day actually worked against them.

  53. #773
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    6,864
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is India’s wc to loose. They should demolish the Aussies.

  54. #774
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    38,787
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan going down like we did against Afghanistan.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  55. #775
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nagarkoti touched 91mph. Bowling 89-90 consistently.

  56. #776
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    1,581
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the 11 overs bowled 5 were maidens.

    Wow Pakistan do have serious batting problem even in junior level. Its either Dot or four, hardly any singles.

  57. #777
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    38,787
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    This is India’s wc to loose. They should demolish the Aussies.
    I think they already did that in the group stages.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  58. #778
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt we will reach 50 now, as it is the case against any decent opposition.

  59. #779
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol who is this ishan poral

  60. #780
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,277
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul Dravid deserves some credit here. Btw who is Pakistan u19 coach?

  61. #781
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan prepared the exams for MAVI and NAGERKOTI.... unfortunately looks like ISHAN came Out of Syllabus!!!

  62. #782
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    38,787
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    India keep churning out batsmen man, so many great batsmen who are fun to watch.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  63. #783
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,346
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    I doubt if he will get enough games. He is not a hard hitter, would succumb to pressure in IPL.
    He is actually a very big hitter. Just played composed innings because that's what was needed in this situation.

  64. #784
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,000
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think someone told the Pakistan batsmen to attack Ishan as Nagarkoti and Mavi are quick and they are following it without any plan.

  65. #785
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    211
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anindo View Post
    Porer will be quite handy if he adds 10k in pace. Bhuvi and Khaleel have done it so no reason he can't
    porel usually is 130-138 kph bowler with odd delivery at 141-142 it's just that he is coming after an injury, he is reserving himself and bowling with in himself.

  66. #786
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    661
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Bund karien tv
    Any comments on Indian fast bowlers? fluke 90mph+ balls or you reckon they are atleast decent?

  67. #787
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,582
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just declare ???????

  68. #788
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak is in trouble

  69. #789
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    I think someone told the Pakistan batsmen to attack Ishan as Nagarkoti and Mavi are quick and they are following it without any plan.
    Doesnt matter who they attack, they are useless.

  70. #790
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,925
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dravidthewall View Post
    Lol who is this ishan poral
    He is first choice starter for West Bengal in domestics. Bowling below his best though.

  71. #791
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K, done. Can't believe I sacrificed my sleep for this. Typical Pakistani fan, but when I criticize the players I will be labelled Indian or Anti Pakistani. Anyway, have to wake up in 3 hours.

  72. #792
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ball hardly crosses the pitch let alone 30 yard circle

  73. #793
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,277
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indian u19 players benefit from playing Ranji and list A matches where standard of cricket is higher than u19 world cup. Not sure how is it for other teams in this world cup.

  74. #794
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    So much hype of our U19 players. Apart from 1-2 none of them has future in our national team
    I think, that's the purpose of U19 WC. You don't expect 11 of every U19 WC team to make National team. A career is almost for 1.5 decades, which covers 7/8 U19 WC - even with few players playing multiple WC's that's about 100 players at least. And there will be few who missed the chance in U19 WC and few recurring seniors .... net, net if every U19 WC gives just about 1 player for 10 years career, it's doing it's job; 2 is excellent - more than that is bonus.

    I think, in that regard, this U19 WC is going to be a massive success for IND & BD, doesn't matter who wins after that. Because, what I can see is IND has 2 batsmen who might finish with combined 30 years career. Nagorkoti might play as well, but he isn't tall enough for a long career as pacer, already Umesh has lost his spot. May be that left-arm spinner & Mavi as well - that's outstanding return for one WC. For BD, I am sure Saif & Afif will play for long,long years, may be Hridoy & Hasan Mahmood as well, while Anik & Nayeem has outside chance - and that's more than enough. Last U19 gave us one future National Captain, which is more than a 3rd spot finish.

    For PAK as well, it can be a great U19 WC, depending on in Ul Haq had the time to watch some of it. As Captain, I found him failing to mention changes almost every time at toss; so not sure if he'll be able to recall Afridi, Arshad, Musa, Rohail & Zaryab or not (I am damn sure he doesn't know who is Badar, Zeeshan or Umair Masood is ...). During his Captaincy time PAK won 2 U19 WCs and a grand total of one pacer played some how one Test, so I am not hopeful. But, if I were in charge, Afridi & Arshad would have played the IRL Test for sure.

    Regarding the batting, it's expected actually - most of IND top 5 are FC players and they do play School cricket for 3/4 days duration (at least 75% of the top scores in school/junior cricket comes for IND) and you 'll see 15/16 years old kids hitting 551, 450, 343....., while I am sure most these PAK batsmen actually have played tape tennis in lust summer, and 20 overs game. Mumbai's Haris Shield is actually more organized than what PCB has every organized in QeA.

    Today's result isn't unexpected though - we got IND all out for 265 and lost by half the distance & our U19 team is quite good. At this level, once you have scores on board, things are different. And, as usual - the nemesis is fielding - I have signed with my own hands, PAK FC player for my club, who put a condition that he won't field after his 7 overs (35 overs game) and for that he'll take less money - so basically, he'll bowl 7 of the 1st 13 and if Umpires don't allow, we'll field with 10 men. If you are not passionate about doing a thankless job, it'll hurt you when chips are down.

  75. #795
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nagarkoti consistently around 142- 144k

  76. #796
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Indian u19 players benefit from playing Ranji and list A matches where standard of cricket is higher than u19 world cup. Not sure how is it for other teams in this world cup.
    Most of the PAK batsmen come for tape tennis. For us, these U19 kids do play some FC games, and few league cricket as well, particularly the batsmen, but bowlers hardly get chance because almost all the foreigners recruited in league cricket are bowlers.

  77. #797
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I think, that's the purpose of U19 WC. You don't expect 11 of every U19 WC team to make National team. A career is almost for 1.5 decades, which covers 7/8 U19 WC - even with few players playing multiple WC's that's about 100 players at least. And there will be few who missed the chance in U19 WC and few recurring seniors .... net, net if every U19 WC gives just about 1 player for 10 years career, it's doing it's job; 2 is excellent - more than that is bonus.

    I think, in that regard, this U19 WC is going to be a massive success for IND & BD, doesn't matter who wins after that. Because, what I can see is IND has 2 batsmen who might finish with combined 30 years career. Nagorkoti might play as well, but he isn't tall enough for a long career as pacer, already Umesh has lost his spot. May be that left-arm spinner & Mavi as well - that's outstanding return for one WC. For BD, I am sure Saif & Afif will play for long,long years, may be Hridoy & Hasan Mahmood as well, while Anik & Nayeem has outside chance - and that's more than enough. Last U19 gave us one future National Captain, which is more than a 3rd spot finish.

    For PAK as well, it can be a great U19 WC, depending on in Ul Haq had the time to watch some of it. As Captain, I found him failing to mention changes almost every time at toss; so not sure if he'll be able to recall Afridi, Arshad, Musa, Rohail & Zaryab or not (I am damn sure he doesn't know who is Badar, Zeeshan or Umair Masood is ...). During his Captaincy time PAK won 2 U19 WCs and a grand total of one pacer played some how one Test, so I am not hopeful. But, if I were in charge, Afridi & Arshad would have played the IRL Test for sure.

    Regarding the batting, it's expected actually - most of IND top 5 are FC players and they do play School cricket for 3/4 days duration (at least 75% of the top scores in school/junior cricket comes for IND) and you 'll see 15/16 years old kids hitting 551, 450, 343....., while I am sure most these PAK batsmen actually have played tape tennis in lust summer, and 20 overs game. Mumbai's Haris Shield is actually more organized than what PCB has every organized in QeA.

    Today's result isn't unexpected though - we got IND all out for 265 and lost by half the distance & our U19 team is quite good. At this level, once you have scores on board, things are different. And, as usual - the nemesis is fielding - I have signed with my own hands, PAK FC player for my club, who put a condition that he won't field after his 7 overs (35 overs game) and for that he'll take less money - so basically, he'll bowl 7 of the 1st 13 and if Umpires don't allow, we'll field with 10 men. If you are not passionate about doing a thankless job, it'll hurt you when chips are down.
    Why do you have to bring BD into contention with Pak and Ind. Saif and Afif will only be somewhat useful in BD conditions and I have seen them in the latest BPL, nothing to write home about apart from being HTBs and not being yet found out. Apart from India, the futures of Pak and BD are really bleak.

  78. #798
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    19,530
    Mentioned
    785 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Rahul Dravid deserves some credit here. Btw who is Pakistan u19 coach?
    Mansoor Rana.

    He was the coach during the victorious 2006 campaign also.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  79. #799
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,352
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    What do you say, the fast bowlers of India and Pakistan are better than their seniors?
    They have imense potential but International Cricket is a different ball game. It will depend on how much work they put on themselves and the character they have.

    Hopefully we'll see great things from these guys in coming years

    World cricket needs good fast bowlers.


    Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

  80. #800
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,900
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Most of the PAK batsmen come for tape tennis. For us, these U19 kids do play some FC games, and few league cricket as well, particularly the batsmen, but bowlers hardly get chance because almost all the foreigners recruited in league cricket are bowlers.
    All the departments in the QAE trophy have their U-19 setup as well along with regional U-19 teams.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •