Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by susantcbnu View Post
    I am in watching at the stadium, while the pitch has flattened a bit he played some sublime shots on his way to hundred. He just hit a six and now on 131 not out. I have taken few vidoes of his shots but don’t know how to post here.
    How was he in first inning when apparently the pitch was at its trickiest?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    How was he in first inning when apparently the pitch was at its trickiest?
    he still scored 83.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    he still scored 83.
    That's why the enquiry.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    That's why the enquiry.
    Run a ball 83.

Now at 178* in the second innings.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    178 not out at Tea

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    202 not out. India should seriously consider him as a Test back up.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gill would be a regular had he been playing for any other country. Same with Prithvi Shaw. But they chose to bring back Rohit as opener. Now thinking of bringing back KL Rahul too. Already Vihari's position is precarious. He will compete with Vihari only. Vihari has also got a 100. Guys like Panchal who have been slogging in domestic for so many years are not even in the reckoning. INdia has far too many options for top order spots.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Super jealous of India's batting depth. This kid is extremely talented. Star for the future no doubt

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    Super jealous of India's batting depth. This kid is extremely talented. Star for the future no doubt
    You shouldn't be. These guys don't get the chances at the highest level to develop.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    very hard to get a spot though. You have to defeat favoritism/popularity, political criteria, rich parents power parity and lastly kohli's nepotism. in short. Good luck to talents.

why else do you think guys like jhadav, pant in odi and t20 specifically and thakur get so many chances?
    Last edited by tyron_woodley; 2nd February 2020 at 09:32.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Christchurch
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he still scored 83.
    I didn't have much time to watch whole first innings, watched from 35 not out to 83, as it was a working day. One thing I noticed was that the pitch looked lot more greener and seaming a lot in first innings. The way he was playing i was sure he will get his 100, but disappinted when he got out playing a T20 shot, a forehand pull to a short ball. I am glad that he made it up in the 2nd innings. You can see the six that brought up his 150.

Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd February 2020 at 12:33.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kid is ready....should be groomed as Pujara or Rahane replacement.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the umpire Bowden or imitating him when he signalled that six which brought up Gill's 150.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Christchurch
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ind_win View Post
    Is the umpire Bowden or imitating him when he signalled that six which brought up Gill's 150.
    It is indeeed Billy Bowden umpiring the match.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ..thanks for confirming.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    The kid is ready....should be groomed as Pujara or Rahane replacement.
    Pujara's replacement?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shubman Gill gave a good reason for India’s selectors to retain him in the Test squad on Sunday, scoring an unbeaten double-century for India A against New Zealand A in the first unofficial Test at the Hagley Oval here.

Gill’s unbeaten 204 (279b, 22x4, 4x6) and centuries from Priyank Panchal (115, 164b) and Hanuma Vihari (100 n.o., 113b) helped the Indians put up a much-improved batting performance in their second dig after their tame surrender in the first. The batsmen dominated Day Four and steered their side to 448 for 3 as the match was drawn.

It was a one-sided show; India A scored 321 runs for the loss just a wicket, that of Panchal. After Panchal’s dimissal, Gill and Vihari, the middle-order batsman, shared an unbeaten 222-run partnership for the fourth wicket.

Forgettable outing

Mayank Agarwal, who will open alongside Rohit Sharma in the two-Test series against New Zealand later this month, had a forgettable outing in the game as he got out for a duck in both innings.

After a fine double century, Gill is likely to retain his place in the Test squad. The 20-year-old was also part of the squad in the home series against South Africa and Bangladesh, but did not get a game. He is likely to warm the bench in the upcoming Test series as well, with India having a settled opening pair.

The Test squad will be announced soon. The first Test of the two-match series begins in Wellington on February 21.

The second unofficial Test between New Zealand A and India A will be held at the Bert Sutcliffe Oval in Lincoln, from Friday, February 7.

Brief Scores
    India A 216 (Shubman Gill 83, Hanuma Vihari 51, Michael Rae 4 for 54) and 448 for 3 (Shubman Gill 204 n.o., Priyank Panchal 115, Hanuma Vihari 100) drew with New Zealand A 562 for 7 dec. (Dane Cleaver 196, Mark Chapman 114, Will Young 54).

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/crick...le30718494.ece

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gun player. Will be a legend.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shubman Gill To Replace Rohit Sharma For New Zealand Test Series: Report

Shubman Gill‘s scintillating form could land himself with a place in the Indian team. The Punjab batsman, who scored an unbeaten 204 for the India A team in the drawn four-day game against New Zealand in Christchurch on Friday, is all set to replace the injured Rohit Sharma.

“Shubman Gill will replace injured Rohit Sharma for the upcoming Test series against New Zealand,” a report in the Indian Express quoted BCCI president Sourav Ganguly on Monday evening.

Gill’s 279-ball effort comprised 22 boundaries and four sixes.

Meanwhile, Rohit was ruled out of the upcoming ODI and Test series against New Zealand on Monday after sustaining a calf injury in the first innings of the fifth and final T20I at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui on Sunday.

Rohit retired hurt after scoring 60 off 41 balls after he pulled his calf muscle while going for a quick single during the match in Mount Maunganui. “He is out of the tour,” a top BCCI source told PTI on conditions on anonymity.

While there has been no official confirmation yet, in case if Rohit is ruled out, Mayank Agarwal might be roped in as a replacement for the Mumbai batsman. However, Shubman Gill, with a double hundred in the ongoing A series Tests against New Zealand A, is also back in the mix.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-report-916257

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Timely injury for Rohit one can say..

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So, Agarwal in ODI format and Gill in tests. Brilliant.

Team should be:-

ODIs

Agarwal/Shaw
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Iyer
    Pant
    _____
    Jadeja
    Kuldeep
    Saini/Shardul
    Shami
    Bumrah

Tests:-

Agarwal
    Gill
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Vihari
    Pant (wkt)
    Jadeja
    Ishant
    Shami
    Bumrah

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gill was given an ODI debut in NZ and now Test debut also in NZ.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Gill was given an ODI debut in NZ and now Test debut also in NZ.
    Not fair tbh. Making your debut in familiar conditions makes things much easier.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Not fair tbh. Making your debut in familiar conditions makes things much easier.
    Do i have to tell you why he won't get that luxury lol He can completely shut down a career if he starts in familiar condition. Even here he is capable. Hope that he doesn't run into one of those first day pitch.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’m glad Gill has been made to work hard to get this slot after he blew the first one.

If he misses this one he can forget it for next 2 years unlike Shaw who is backed by management tremendously maybe rightly so as well, has much more all round game.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    So, Agarwal in ODI format and Gill in tests. Brilliant.

Team should be:-

ODIs

Agarwal/Shaw
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Iyer
    Pant
    _____
    Jadeja
    Kuldeep
    Saini/Shardul
    Shami
    Bumrah

Tests:-

Agarwal
    Gill
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Vihari
    Pant (wkt)
    Jadeja
    Ishant
    Shami
    Bumrah
    Ishant is also ruled out with an injury.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    I’m glad Gill has been made to work hard to get this slot after he blew the first one.

If he misses this one he can forget it for next 2 years unlike Shaw who is backed by management tremendously maybe rightly so as well, has much more all round game.
    Every body including Kohli knows he is special. He himself said Gill was better at his than he was. He showed in A tours, first class. When you identify special talents they have to be treated differently. He should get more chances even if he fails. I have a lot faith in this kid. But majority of the talents fall by wayside due to lack of mental strength. They should give him 3 tests minimum

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Totally. Management made him play 2 ODIs in NZ and dropped him which as unfair in my opinion. He has the potential and needs to be given long run to prove himself as India needs to start developing young batsmen for the future.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timely injury for Rohit one can say..
    True. He should've been Rohit's replacement for ODIs as well!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shubaman Gill also included in India's squad for the 2 match Test series vs NZ

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both have tremendous prospect. Shaw has edge not because of all-round game but being from Mumbai it is easier for him because he will have lots of backers, starting from administration, commentators, Mumbai cricketers in the team etc. Mayank, Gill or Vihari does not have that luxury. Everybody knows how Rohit was pushed into the team when he did not play long form cricket in last several years. Gill or Vihari will have to fight it with each other only if team plays 6 batsmen, else they can forget any place as Rahane who is again from Mumbai will get the preference. Now Rahane has played pretty well in last 1 year but prior to that when he was pathetic consistently for 2 years, no body said a word or thought about trying somebody else. Had it been Gill, Vihari, or even Pujara they would have been banished after a single series to domestics for next two years without any further discussion.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    Both have tremendous prospect. Shaw has edge not because of all-round game but being from Mumbai it is easier for him because he will have lots of backers, starting from administration, commentators, Mumbai cricketers in the team etc. Mayank, Gill or Vihari does not have that luxury. Everybody knows how Rohit was pushed into the team when he did not play long form cricket in last several years. Gill or Vihari will have to fight it with each other only if team plays 6 batsmen, else they can forget any place as Rahane who is again from Mumbai will get the preference. Now Rahane has played pretty well in last 1 year but prior to that when he was pathetic consistently for 2 years, no body said a word or thought about trying somebody else. Had it been Gill, Vihari, or even Pujara they would have been banished after a single series to domestics for next two years without any further discussion.
    I agree with this.

Our cricket's Mumbai bias stinks....

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    I agree with this.

Our cricket's Mumbai bias stinks....
    I don't think that's the case here.

The management were always trying to find someone like Dhawan who could take the game away in the first session itself and Shaw fits the bill.

I'm glad they went with Shaw as it's a big boost if you can put the opposition on the backfoot early in the game,bit like what Warner does for Australia

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another ton, time to play test cricket for him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    83, 204*, 136 so far for India A team. Same match Pujara made only 52.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...ealand-2019-20

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Christchurch
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to watch the match. The pitch looked lot flatter than Hagley oval with the only thing in favor for bowlers was variable bounce. I am pretty sure the pitches test matches will be lot greener. Still, Gill looked like a man on a mission. Pujara also looked super solid. Here is the video I took while he reached his century.

Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th February 2020 at 11:48.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another 136 of 190 in 2nd innings vs NZ A.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would like to see India start with Gill in tests. Gill with Agarwal is a way to go as dropping Agarwal will be unfair, he is established in tests now.

Agarwal
    Gill
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Vihari
    Pant (wkt)
    Ashwin/Jadeja

Shami
    Bumrah

Umesh or Saini will take that one slot but India will miss Ishant in this series.

NZ are favourites IMO 1-0 with Boult and Wagner back.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Christchurch
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having a chat with one of the selectors during the match against NZA, and he said a lot of things depend on the match against NZ-XI in Hamilton. In his opinion, Gill has better technique than both Mayank and Shaw against the moving ball.
    Given the struggles of Mayank against the moving ball, he will be a sitting duck against the New ball of Bolt and Southee. So, India should take the current form into account and rather open with Gill and Shaw. However, given the history of this management, most probably they will go with Agarwal and Shaw.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks the real deal. He has the presence & the aura.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yuvraj Singh says Shubman Gill never abused umpire

Shubman Gill, who was fined 100 per cent of his match fees for disputing the umpire’s decision during a Ranji Trophy match between Punjab and Delhi, did not abuse the umpire, as had been reported, said Yuvraj Singh.

“I was there at the ground during the match. He never abused anyone. He just questioned the decision. Sometimes batsmen do that. Look, he is young and hungry to do well. When I started playing, I too experienced such incidents. And if a player makes a mistake, he will rectify it. He is a special talent,” Yuvraj told Hindustan Times on Friday.

Gill had been embroiled in controversy during the match in January by refusing to walk after being given out. He had got his dismissal overturned after arguing with the on-field umpire, leading to a stoppage of play that lasted around 10 minutes. Gill refused to leave the crease after he was adjudged caught-behind.

Bishan Singh Bedi had been one of those who criticized Gill for his conduct, saying nobody, not matter how talented, can be bigger than the game. “This kind of rowdy behaviour by anyone is unpardonable, least of all by proposed Captain of India A,” Bedi had written on his Twitter handle.

However, Yuvraj, who is now spending time with young Punjab cricketers like Gill, after being asked by Punjab Cricket Association to be a mentor at Punjab’s 21-day off-season camp, said Gill did nothing wrong.

On his current role as mentor for Punjab, he said, “I am enjoying this role a lot. I too had wonderful mentors when I began. Also, I appreciate the way PCA has pledged to raise the standards and provide the players with the best of facilities.”

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...singh-6532773/

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dunno about abuse but these days Gill seems to be more popular with his instagram posts and comments and his affair with Sara Tendulkar .

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kolkata Knight Riders head coach Brendon McCullum wants to delegate some “leadership responsibility” to young Shubman Gill during the upcoming IPL in the UAE.

During last season, Shubman batted lower down the order which got the franchise lot of flak.

Kolkata Knight Riders’ star allrounder Andre Russell had openly blamed some of the “bad decisions” for their string of losses last season as the two-time champions missed out on a play-off berth despite four wins from the first five matches (including a tie that Delhi Capitals won in Super-Over).

“What a talent, and what a good guy as well. He is going to be a part of our leadership group this year as well, at least in some capacity,” the former Kiwi skipper said of Gill in an interview at KKR website.

“Even though he is young, I am a big believer that it’s not necessarily true that you having played for a long time makes you a good leader,” the former Black Caps skipper said.

Apart from the star Windies all-rounder, the 20-year-old Gill played some responsible knocks but his batting lower down the order hurt the team’s cause.

“It’s about you exhibiting the behaviours of a leader. It’s always good to have a cross-section of leadership within your group. To us, Shubman is one of those guys we would look to lean on for some leadership throughout this season,” McCullum said.

Dinesh Karthik took over the captaincy from their most successful skipper Gautam Gambhir in 2018 when they made the play-off for the last time.

Backing Karthik as the one of the best wicketkeepers of India, McCullum said: “You’ve got to break DK down a little bit into different parts to understand this. I think first and foremost, wicketkeeping. He’s up there with the very best wicketkeepers in India.”

On Karthik’s batting, the New Zealand great said: “He’s as good and as adaptable in any role. He doesn’t come with perhaps, the stardom that some guys do and that’s just DK’s personality.

“But he’s a big star within the KKR franchise, he’s now been at the helm for a couple of years and he’s had some success.”

From Rs 40 crore to Rs 440 crore: How IPL’s title sponsorship soared

McCullum believes that Karthik has now matured as a leader.

“The team hasn’t quite got over the line, but I think DK is in that stage in his leadership where he’s almost ready to really mature and to really take ownership of the Knight Riders set up and back his judgement.”

With the addition of Pat Cummins and Eoin Morgan to their leadership group, McCullum felt that Karthik would get some support to bring out his best.

“I think there’ll be a nice layer of leadership around DK where he’s able to really prosper and touch all of the members of the Kolkata line up to try and get the very best out of themselves.

“I love DK as a person. He’s quite intense at times which I love, we just need to provide him with some support. His passion for the game and his love of people is just infectious.”

KKR is likely to be based in Abu Dhabi in the same hotel where it was put up in 2014 when it last won the championship under Gambhir.

The Indian players meanwhile have assembled in Mumbai for a short camp before heading off to UAE, likely on August 20.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/crick...le32396582.ece

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Watched him today in the IPL after a while and he's still looking a very fine batsman.

Good array of shots and knows his hitting zones.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always liked this kid right from his under 19 days he has something special..

Will be good to see him up against good bowling..

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    All that hype.

Good to see some real runs coming

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watched the match today and loved the maturity of the young Gill. Only in India such a fine batsman would already not debut for the national team. Impressive array of strokes and very good awareness in his rotation of strike.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Played like he plays to win. No showboating or such, calm and in control.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very impressive. He should debut in test matches sooner.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Really look forward to see him in another 15 man squad only so he can hang in the balcony for a few matches and later being released to play some domestic match instead to get match practice.

Let's show the world even we know how to create Fawad Alams

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Hopefully.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    always liked this kid right from his under 19 days he has something special..

Will be good to see him up against good bowling..
    Please dont start that .....

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Dhawan on his last legs, this guy should be phased in ODIs to open. With Rohit, Kohli, Rahul alongside him, he can be allowed to build his game and have a few failures here and there. The potential batting line up with those 4 in it is scary

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWarHorse View Post
    With Dhawan on his last legs, this guy should be phased in ODIs to open. With Rohit, Kohli, Rahul alongside him, he can be allowed to build his game and have a few failures here and there. The potential batting line up with those 4 in it is scary
    Dhawan's a tournaments specialist and we badly lack left hand batting options right now. Having seen Amir, Boult run through our right handers like a hot knife through butter i would take a limping Dhawan to 2023 world cup even.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys he is as good as he is supposed to be at his age. He is solid but he needs to work a lot harder to get into the team.

because apparently past his prime worn out decrepit dhoni, jhadav and karthik can somehow represent india in 2019 WC.

rofl india have so many quality players but at the end of the day you need to be able to overcome internal politics to get picked. Fodders like the abovementioned three will always ruin young guns' prospects to shine.

good luck gill. you may need to wait till pant loses his popularity to get a chance.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    guys he is as good as he is supposed to be at his age. He is solid but he needs to work a lot harder to get into the team.

because apparently past his prime worn out decrepit dhoni, jhadav and karthik can somehow represent india in 2019 WC.

rofl india have so many quality players but at the end of the day you need to be able to overcome internal politics to get picked. Fodders like the abovementioned three will always ruin young guns' prospects to shine.

good luck gill. you may need to wait till pant loses his popularity to get a chance.
    No, they will no longer represent India anymore.

Doors are open for players like

Rahul
    Iyer
    Gill
    Pant
    Shaw
    Pandey
    Agarwal

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they will no longer represent India anymore.

Doors are open for players like

Rahul
    Iyer
    Gill
    Pant
    Shaw
    Pandey
    Agarwal
    Pandey is as crap as it gets, tried and failed many times.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only way Pandey can get through in the team is his fielding.
    I.e 12th man 😄

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Reckon he is a part of Indian T20 XI. But all in all, he has been mostly a failed career at 31 years of age. Rest are under-30.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    He is going to be one of India’s greatest batsmen. There is no doubt about it.

You have to be jealous of India’s batting riches. They produce genuine heavyweights in every generation.

Gill, Shaw and Jaiswal have stellar careers ahead of them.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is already the best player of spin

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reckon he is a part of Indian T20 XI. But all in all, he has been mostly a failed career at 31 years of age. Rest are under-30.
    Even in T20s, he mostly scores at run-a-ball. Don't know what Kohli sees in him.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0204 View Post
    The only way Pandey can get through in the team is his fielding.
    I.e 12th man 😄
    Yep, he is a good fielder.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pandey is not crap, he is a solid player in odis but his style of batting is only suited for no. 3 position where he can play the role of accumulator but at that position we already have a giant like kohli.
    I am damn sure that manish pandey would have had a long career if he played for pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in T20s, he mostly scores at run-a-ball. Don't know what Kohli sees in him.
    Gill's T20 strike rate is almost same as Kohli's.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    Gill's T20 strike rate is almost same as Kohli's.
    He is talking about Manish Pandey.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Manish Pandey is not crap at all.

Every time he plays for India, he impresses. Cannot call.someone crap who hasn't been given a proper run at any position /format.

Rayudu and Jadhav were average batsmen. We can say that because they got to play quite a lot in the middle order. Theh scored runs and maintained healthy averages but lacked impact

Pandey scores quick

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Manish Pandey is not crap at all.

Every time he plays for India, he impresses. Cannot call.someone crap who hasn't been given a proper run at any position /format.

Rayudu and Jadhav were average batsmen. We can say that because they got to play quite a lot in the middle order. Theh scored runs and maintained healthy averages but lacked impact

Pandey scores quick
    exactly. Manish actually averages above 40 in australia.

pandey is severely underrated. He only struggled at home though.

middle order of pandey, Rahul and iyer would have absolutely won the semi final vs n.z in 2019. dhoni brought in all his buddies alongside him ofcourse. pathetic players like jhadav, past prime dhoni himself and karthik were brought into the team due to internal politics.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandey has always flattered to deceive except for an innings here and there.

As for him being no.3, he needs to learn that he won't get it till the time Kohli is there so he needs to better get used to and excel at whatever slot he gets in Indian batting lineup.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still cringe to see the likes of Jadhav, Karthik etc batting in our middle order during last WC. This is how thick Kohli was/is/will be.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Panday was a decent bat once upon a time. He is crap now. He sacrificed his whole technique for a little bit of power from the bottom hand.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Watched the match today and loved the maturity of the young Gill. Only in India such a fine batsman would already not debut for the national team. Impressive array of strokes and very good awareness in his rotation of strike.
    He made a debut and wasn't good in it..

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I prefer Gill and Sarfaraz to be in Indian team.. but the management probably will play Jhadav.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer Gill and Sarfaraz to be in Indian team.. but the management probably will play Jhadav.
    I think they've moved on from Jadhav. Iyer and Rahul are the new 4 and 5.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    I think they've moved on from Jadhav. Iyer and Rahul are the new 4 and 5.
    Thanks maybe I haven't seen much after 2019 WC.. will know when we play next.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's the ODI batting line up I'd like to see come the next WC, or even by next year.

Rohit and Shaw as openers. Padikkal and Jaiswal being their backups.

Virat, KLR, and Iyer in the middle. Gill being the backup in squad.

Pant at number 6.

Pandya the all rounder at 7.

Shami, Saini, Bumrah, Bhuvi, Chahal, Bishnoi/Kuldeep/Gopal/Axar being the bowling options.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    Here's the ODI batting line up I'd like to see come the next WC, or even by next year.

Pant at number 6.

Shami, Saini, Bumrah, Bhuvi, Chahal, Bishnoi/Kuldeep/Gopal/Axar being the bowling options.
    Rohit will be 36 by then, not sure about how he will do.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post

Pant at number 6.

God damnnnn. we are blessed. cup is ours in 2023. We all the way up. add in porel and prasidh krishna as backups too. This team has ridiculous potential.

kohli already lost in 2015 with a very strong team in the semi final albeit in a 2 day. This time in 2023 there is absolutely no excuses. Get to the final at the bare minimum.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    47 off 34 for Shubman Gill vs Rajasthan Royals