Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] ICC probe into corruption in Ajman All Star league points to Indian hand [Update Post #39]

So apparently this game took place a few days ago between the Sharjah Warriors and Dubai Star in the All-Stars Ajman T20 tournament in the UAE.

Just watch the manner of dismissals for the Dubai Star and you will either laugh or shake your head in shame (or both!)

Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th January 2018 at 17:41.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL who are these people

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    LOL who are these people
    Seems like random 40 year old men who have nothing better to do in their free time!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this some sort of a joke?

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Talk about ridiculous??

Watch this :

https://youtu.be/q9qcH6me35A

Its a match between WI and SA and one of the weirdest things i have ever seen on a cricket field. Its like all the players are on drugs.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Looks like they fixed the match.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Ajman All Stars League subject of ICC anti-corruption probe

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/cri...probe-1.700280

he Emirates Cricket Board have distanced themselves from a tournament in Ajman that is the subject of an ICC anti-corruption probe.

The game’s governing body in the UAE say the Ajman All Stars League, a Twenty20 event that involved locally based players, as well as overseas players from the subcontinent, was not sanctioned by either them or the ICC.

Ajman Cricket Council have also termed the competition “disapproved cricket” and say they have suspended the “affiliation of Ajman Oval,” where the matches were staged.

“There is currently an ICC Anti-Corruption Unit investigation underway in relation to the Ajman All Stars League held recently in Ajman, UAE,” Alex Marshall, the ICC general manager – Anti-Corruption, said in a statement.

“The ICC ACU works to uphold integrity in cricket, and in keeping with that role we are talking to players and officials and will not make any further comment at this time.”

Footage from the competition, televised on Neo Sports, shows batsmen giving up their wickets with scarcely believable ease, most notable stumped and run out.

Videos have been widely shared online of the incidents, with commenters deriding the players and officials involved.

“The Emirates Cricket Board is aware that the ICC Anti-Corruption Unit is currently investigating the All Stars T20 Ajman,” Zayed Abbas, an ECB board member, said.

“The ECB can confirm that it did not approve the staging of this tournament, and has advised the ICC accordingly.”

Shaji Ul Mulk, the secretary general of Ajman Cricket Council, and the creator of the T10 League which proved so popular in Sharjah last month, said the event had not been approved by them.

“Ajman Oval has been found to be in violation of the affiliation agreement with Ajman Cricket Council and conducting disapproved cricket,” Ul Mulk said. “We had no option but to suspend the affiliation of Ajman Oval.”

Last edited by MenInG; 30th January 2018 at 17:07.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Alex Marshall, ICC General Manager – Anti-Corruption, has released a statement.

“There is currently an ICC Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) investigation underway in relation to the Ajman All Stars League held recently in Ajman, UAE. The ICC Anti-Corruption Unit works to uphold integrity in Cricket and in keeping with that role we are talking to players and officials and will not make any further comment at this time.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    They didn't even try to hide it.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The video

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What was that

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC need to ban UAE cricket. Invest that money on the likes of Nepal, Kenya, Namibia etc rather than expat crap.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha 😂

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The batsmen don't seem too keen on spending any time in the middle.

But the fielding side doesn't seem keen on picking up wickets either.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic video. As they say nakal ke liye bhi akal chaiye.

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElIdolo View Post
    ICC need to ban UAE cricket. Invest that money on the likes of Nepal, Kenya, Namibia etc rather than expat crap.
    Agreed. Awful place to live. Awful place for cricket

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I swear that was the ugliest piece of cricket I have ever seen in my entire life..

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Awful, shameful and disgusting.

This sort of stuff gives cricket a bad name.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, South Africa pull off the same thing against India in ICC events.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This incredible footage has gone viral and has reached the ICC

Preface : It is perhaps the most blatant match-fixing in cricket history. Comical stumpings and suicidal rumours in a doomed run chase.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...ffd8066d6e434a

IT appears to be the most blatant example of match-fixing in cricket history.

The International Cricket Council’s Anti-Corruption Unit is investigating a suspicious match from a private league in the UAE, in which players were dismissed with alarming — and at times, comical — ease.

According to Cricinfo, the tournament — the All-Time Ajman league — was called off on its second day after authorities “refused to allow them to continue using the ground”.

The Dubai Star were chasing a modest target of 136 against the Sharjah Warriors, but could only muster 46 as batsmen fell in increasingly farcical fashion — with the majority dismissed either by run-out or stumping.

Batsmen would charge the bowler, and not put in any attempt to return to the crease. Even the fumbling wicketkeeper couldn’t mess up these stumping chances.

The running between the wickets would make park cricketers shield their eyes — with suicidal attempts resulting in embarrassing run-outs.

A YouTube video of the carnage was uploaded shortly afterwards, describing it as “one of the most pitiful displays of batting, running between wickets, fielding and wicketkeeping of all time.”

“If we’re honest, the only way we can explain it is if there was a briefcase (or several) full of cash and some suspicious betting patterns involved,” read the description in the video.

The embarrassing nature of the dismissals drew widespread condemnation online, with former England captain Michael Vaughan weighing in.

The match is currently under investigation.

“There is currently an ICC Anti-Corruption Unit investigation underway in relation to the Ajman All Stars League held recently in Ajman, UAE,” Alex Marshall, the ICC general manager, Anti-Corruption, said in a statement.

“The ICC ACU works to uphold integrity in cricket, and in keeping with that role we are talking to players and officials and will not make any further comment at this time.”

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butt, Asif Among Pakistan Players Who Took Part in Dubious Event in UAE

Karachi: Pakistan's tainted former captain, Salman Butt, and some other Pakistani players are again in the spotlight after the International Cricket Councils Anti-Corruption unit confirmed it was investigating the Ajman All Stars T20 League held recently.

Butt and Asif who have served five-year bans for spot-fixing between 2010 and 2016 were among a couple of Pakistani players who took part in the private tournament which apparently has caught the attention of the ICC after visuals of some matches were aired which contained some questionable dismissals and behaviour on part of the players.

Former Pakistan players, Hasan Raza, Muhammad Khalil and some others are said to have taken part in the private league which has been disowned and termed as illegal by the Emirates cricket board and Ajman Cricket Council.

The footage of the match which apparently was broadcast don't include any of the Pakistani players. Butt who was captain when the spot-fixing scandal broke out in England in late 2010 confirmed he had played two matches of the league.

"I went there as I was not picked for the national regions one-day cup by Lahore and I was doing nothing. But when I reached there I realised it was just an amateur level event which had no match referee, ICC anti-corruption representative or even scorers," Butt told PTI.

"Since the spot-fixing scandal I try to stay away as far as possible from any related controversies. I am happy the ICC is investigating the event because they were lot of flaws in it. But I played just two games and than went away to Dubai, he explained.

Butt said that he had got out first ball in the first match as he was told to play just three hours after reaching Dubai while in the second match he scored around 70 odd runs.

"I don't know the exact score I got since there was no proper scorer around."

Butt made it clear he didn't feature in the match footages which were aired on the social media and had come under scrutiny.

The former captain also disclosed that when he was made an offer to play in the Ajman all stars league he had told the organisers he would need some time to get NOCs from the PCB and his department, Wapda.

"But they told me it was a private tournament and not sanctioned so no NOC was required to play. When I went there I realised it was just a badly managed street level event and it made no sense to me."

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/ne...e-1646879.html

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [See Post #1 Video]

Astonishing. Never seen anything like it.
    Last edited by MenInG; 31st January 2018 at 17:23.

Batsmen of Avg 50+ Pakistan=4 India=6
    Bowlers of Avg 25- Pakistan=8
    India=1

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Ajman: Ajman Cricket Council cracked the whip on unauthorised tournaments and suspended the accreditation granted to the Ajman Oval ground following reports of the venue hosting a number of such events.

The International Cricket Council’s Anti Corruption Unit (ACU) says it has commenced investigations into one such tournament held at the Ajman Oval ground. Following the development, the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) too announced that the concerned tournament did not have their prior approval.

Speaking to Gulf News, Shaji Ul Mulk, the secretary of Ajman Cricket Council, said: “Hereafter, any tournament conducted at the Ajman Oval ground would be disapproved and cricketers playing in them would be at a risk of being penalised.”

The ground had hosted an ‘All Star T20 tournament,’ which was being telecast live in India and other countries without due approval from the Ajman Cricket Council.

“The current tournament called All Star T20 being telecast live in India and other countries on Neo Sports and involving international cricketers like Salman Butt and Hassan Raza had been declared disapproved as it is without any approval. The other tournaments under investigation are Gargash Premier League, Batkal League, MB Premier League, Zalmi Cricket League, Emirates Cricket League, Agha Khan Community League, Chaturvedi Community League and Unilog Super League, which do not have Ajman Cricket Council’s approval,” added Ul Mulk.

Meanwhile, the ICC, in a statement from it’s General Manager, Anti-Corruption, Alex Marshall, announced: “There is currently an ICC Anti Corruption Unit [ACU] investigation under way in relation to the Ajman All Stars League held recently in Ajman, UAE. The ICC Anti-Corruption Unit works to uphold integrity in cricket and in keeping with that role we are talking to players and officials and will not make any further comment at this time.”

Elaborating on the decision to suspend matches at the Ajman Oval, Ul Mulk said: “It was notified by Ajman Cricket Authorities that in spite of many reminders, the Ajman Oval is conducting tournaments without obtaining approvals of our council or ECB. Recently, ICC had declared the upcoming Global Zalmi league as disapproved cricket due to lack of approval. The organisers are now in the process of regulating this approval through Ajman Cricket Council and Emirates cricket Board. We do not tolerate disapproved tournaments and hence are forced to suspend the accreditation of Ajman Oval. All cricket councils in UAE has been informed about the disapproved cricket and players asked not to participate in such disapproved tournaments.”

Zayed Abbas, the ECB spokesperson, said: “The ECB is aware that the ICC’s ACU is currently investigating the All Stars T20 Ajman that took place in Ajman recently. The ECB can confirm that it did not approve the staging of this tournament, and has advised the ICC accordingly.”

When Gulf News contacted the Oval ground authorities, a spokesperson said: “We don’t want to have anything to do with Ajman Council and we will directly contact ECB. However, despite many attempts, we could not get through to ECB officials.”

When contacted again following the ICC statement, the spokesperson said: “We are seeking clarification from ECB and will revert as soon as we get a reply from ECB.”

http://gulfnews.com/sport/uae/cricke...ents-1.2165708

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we just found the trailer clip for the future match fixing DVD...

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe what I've seen 😂😂😂😂

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Hasan Raza believes young players might have been put under pressure to throw matches in a tournament in Ajman that is now part of an ICC investigation.

The former Pakistan batsman has lived in Sharjah since 2013, and plays regularly on the domestic circuit.

He said he has “never seen anything like” the incidents that took place in the Ajman All Stars League, in which he was playing for a team from Abu Dhabi.

The ICC’s Anti-Corruption Unit is investigating matches from the tournament, while the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) and Ajman Cricket Council say the matches were not sanctioned by them.

Footage of the competition has been widely circulated on the internet, featuring batsmen giving up their wickets to farcical dismissals.

Raza said he did not play in the match in the video, but did withdraw from the Twenty20 league because of suspicious activity.

“Nobody approached me,” Raza said. “The youngsters said people came to them. I don’t know if they offered money. Maybe they tried to put them under pressure.

“These are young, 20- to 22-year-old players. They came to me. They said they were told, ‘Lose your wicket, drop your catch’. Those are the things they were told and what they told me.

“I told them to play their own game, their natural game and I told them not to listen to anybody.”

Matches were aired live on Neo Sports. Raza said he “walked out” as soon as he realised it was “not a proper match”.

“I played in the first opening match and I was told it was a friendly game, but after the second match I was shocked at the tournament,” Raza said.

“This is the first time I’ve seen something like this in Ajman. The first match was fine. The second match was a night match. I knew there was something wrong. It felt different.

“It didn’t feel like an organised tournament and there were many dropped catches. I understood it was not a proper match. On the third day I just walked out.”

Shaji Ul Mulk, the secretary of Ajman Cricket Council, does not believe UAE cricket has been damaged by association with the competition.

“I think the council and the ECB have acted very swiftly on it,” Ul Mulk said.

“These elements are there all over the world. It is a matter of how the local authorities react to a situation. I think we acted very well, and the ICC appreciated the efforts of the council and the ECB.

“I don’t see any damage at all. Of course, it shouldn’t have happened, but is something that the cricket boards and the ICC are fighting all over the world.”

Some domestic cricketers, however, are furious about the damage to the reputation of the game.

“Irrespective of whether it was sanctioned or not, the event happened here,” said Qais Farooq, a former UAE team player. “It was televised. Our domestic cricketers were participating in it, there are allegations, and now the ICC is involved.

“It is still reflective of what is happening in the country, and gives the country a bad name.

“Why do the necessary authorities, be it the ECB or the councils, not take the necessary steps to shut down these tournaments?

“There are lots of private organisers, which don’t have an impact because they are at a junior level, not televised, but how can something so big, that is being televised, fall through the cracks without anybody questioning it?”

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

In a nutshell ...

The ICC released a statement on Tuesday saying its Anti-Corruption Unit had started an investigation in relation to the Ajman All Stars League.

The Emirates Cricket Board and the Ajman Cricket Council said the Twenty20 competition had not been sanctioned by them, terming it “disapproved cricket”.

Footage of the event, in which batsmen gave up their wickets in scarcely believable fashion, went viral, and was shared on social media by a number of former international players.

Michael Vaughan, the former England captain, tweeted: “This is unbelievable.” Damien Martyn, the former Australia batsman, responded with: “It will never be stopped.”

The competition was shut down by the Ajman council, who then suspended the venue, Ajman Oval, from staging matches.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/cri...tches-1.700694

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate the runout at 28 sec and on the best.

Loved it!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJMAN ALL STARS ACU INVESTIGATION UPDATE

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has today confirmed it is continuing its investigation into the Ajman All Stars event.

ICC General Manager – Anti-Corruption Alex Marshall said: “The event was not approved or in any way sanctioned by the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) and therefore neither the ECB nor the ICC has authority to take action under cricket’s anti-corruption rules against anybody who may have engaged in any corrupt practice.

“However after speaking to a number of those involved we consider there to be strong evidence to indicate this was a corrupt event and damaging to the wider reputation of cricket and as such will continue the investigation. Our ongoing enquiries will now focus on identifying the organisers of the tournament to prevent similar incidents occurring elsewhere and to disrupt corrupt practices wherever we can.

“In addition, all Member Boards whose players have participated in this event will be asked to consider whether by doing so, those players are in breach of any other applicable rules, including those that prohibit participation in unsanctioned cricket, and if so for disciplinary action to be taken against them.”
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 1st February 2018 at 08:31.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Butt & Asif lurking around there.

Only positive for cricket out of that is that at least local authorities shut it down when they saw what it was.

Don't know whether to laugh at the absurdity or cry at the state of cricket these days.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of them are Pakistanis aka future UAE players so they should ban them.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umpires allegedly involved in Ajman All Stars League match fixing

Umpires officiating in a suspected rigged match are believed to be involved in an alleged fix amid fears organisers of a private UAE Twenty20 league under investigation will attempt to corrupt Tests and one-day internationals.

World cricket's anti-corruption officials are deepening their probe into the Ajman All Stars T20 League after uncovering what they believe to be "strong evidence" of corruption.

Fairfax Media can reveal details of the alleged scam in the UAE, which has highlighted the lengths plotters will go to fix games.

The tournament, which was not sanctioned by the International Cricket Council or the UAE board, is considered minor but there are fears organisers will attempt to corrupt Tests and one-day internationals.

The event made headlines around the world this week after footage emerged of a string of farcical dismissals in a match between the Dubai Bulls and the "victorious" Sharjah Warriors.

The ICC's anti-corruption unit, which has been handed team sheets from the matches, has interviewed numerous players, including two former Pakistan internationals. One, convicted spot fixer Salman Butt, has outed himself, while the other is believed to also have a significant profile.

Pakistan media has reported paceman Mohammad Asif as having taken part in the league. Asif and Butt were jailed for their roles in the 2010 Lord's spot fixing scandal. No Australian is under investigation.

While the Ajman All Stars is a low-level league, anti-corruption officers are interested in learning more about organisers whom they believe could have access to top level cricket participants.

Investigators will travel to India to interview one organiser who is believed to be familiar to authorities.

It's understood organisers paid for the low-key event to be beamed live into India on satellite broadcaster Neo Sports, presumably to aid underground betting. Fairfax Media is not suggesting Neo Sports acted inappropriately.

A full outside broadcast can cost an estimated $10,500 to $18,000 per day, plus expenses for commentators and eight cameramen for three days.

Umpires are believed to be in on the plot, receiving messages in ear pieces and instructing players at the start of each over what to do next.

One passage of play was said to involve a boundary, another event, then the fall of a wicket. A player who had failed to adhere to the plan was then berated by another who told him he had just cost us a lot of money.

The organisers were said to have connections to the local community, which enabled them to recruit players and umpires. As the video showed, players were of wildly different ability.

Players were given full team kits, which gave the league an appearance above its lowly rank. Not all players were involved in the alleged plot, with some said to be outraged after finding out they were participating in a corrupted match.

The umpires were based in the UAE while many of the players were local workers.

The ICC does not have the authority to take action against players engaged in corrupt activity as the event was not sanctioned by the Emirates Cricket Board.

"However after speaking to a number of those involved, we consider there to be strong evidence to indicate this was a corrupt event and damaging to the wider reputation of cricket and as such will continue the investigation," the ICC's general manager of anti-corruption Alex Marshall said.

"Our ongoing inquiries will now focus on identifying the organisers of the tournament to prevent similar incidents occurring elsewhere and to disrupt corrupt practices wherever we can."

It is also urging boards to consider taking disciplinary action against players for taking part in unsanctioned cricket.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...01-h0s8iz.html

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan cricketer Hasan Raza voices concern over Ajman All Stars League

Former Test batsman Hasan Raza has voiced his concern over the suspicious activities during the T20 festival cricket event in Ajman last month which is now under investigation from the International Cricket Council's Anti-Corruption Unit. Hasan told PTI on the telephone that he was shocked like Salman Butt at the way the Ajman All-Stars League was conducted.

"We got invitations to play in the league for a respectable fee and we were told it would be a festive sort of event.
    But I gathered some concern after the first match and in the second match It was clear something was not right over the manner in which some dismissals took place," he said.

Hasan, who holds the record of being the youngest Test cricketer for Pakistan and internationally, said he was told by some young players before the second match that some people had told them to throw their wickets and do some other things.

"I told them to ignore the people and just play your natural game," he said.

Hasan made it clear no one had approached him with any fixing offer or he would have reported it first thing to the authorities.

The ICC has said that it had found enough evidence to suggest all was not well in the All Stars League, It, however, said that it could not do anything as the event was not a sanctioned one and did not come under any affiliated unit.

Earlier, Salman Butt, who has served a five-year ban for spot-fixing, had said he was happy the ICC was investigating the event in Ajman as he found the whole event to be a shabby one with no match referees, scorers or ICC presence.

Interestingly, Pakistan's forgotten wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider said last month that during a private event in Dubai he was told by some people to get out deliberately and concede runs but he refused.

A few years back, Haider had deserted the Pakistan team during a series against South Africa and fled to London from Dubai seeking political asylum after he claimed that he was given death threats during the one-day series by some bookmakers for not carrying out their instructions.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/c...on-unit-425751

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Tainted former Pakistan captain, Salman Butt has been cleared of any involvement in dubious activities during the Ajman All-Stars T20 league tournament which had come under the scanner of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Anti-Corruption unit.

Butt, who had served a five-year ban for spot-fixing, was asked questions by ICC's Anti-Corruption unit relating to his level of involvement in the event. "They asked me some questions and I cooperated with them completely. They were satisfied with what I had to say and I have now got clearance from any involvement in any dubious happenings in the tournament in Ajman," Butt said.

The opener said he had been concerned since the ICC first announced it was investigating some dubious activities in the league which was neither sanctioned nor recognized by the ICC or its affiliated unit, Emirates Cricket Board. "It was very worrying for me given what I have been through in the past due to my own blunders. Since serving the ban and returning to cricket I have tried to restrict my socializing and keeping away from off the field activities to keep a clean chit," Butt said.

Butt, who was banned in early 2011 after the spot-fixing scandal blew up after the fourth test at Lords between Pakistan and England, said he was glad the ICC was looking into the matter. "Thankfully I played just two matches and I was not in that particular match which is under investigation. I don't even know which teams are involved. But whatever the ICC asked me I told them honestly."

He said he had conveyed to the ICC sleuths his feeling about the league and how he went there to play in it as a professional. "I played just two matches because I felt things were not right in the event. But what surprised me is that the players who took part in that dubious match don't even appear to be proper professional cricketers as most of them I saw on TV were wearing joggers."

Butt said some other Pakistani players apparently also played for some teams in the league but they also didn't feature in the dubious match under scrutiny. "I am still trying hard and doing my best to get another shot at playing for Pakistan and it is not an easy road ahead. Certainly, I didn't require this scandal at this time but now I am also satisfied the ICC spoke to me and listened to what I had to say," Butt added.

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/ne...e-1651687.html

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    [B][SIZE=5]Umpires allegedly involved in Ajman All Stars League match fixing

Investigators will travel to India to interview one organiser who is believed to be familiar to authorities.

It's understood organisers paid for the low-key event to be beamed live into India on satellite broadcaster Neo Sports, presumably to aid underground betting. Fairfax Media is not suggesting Neo Sports acted inappropriately.

A full outside broadcast can cost an estimated $10,500 to $18,000 per day, plus expenses for commentators and eight cameramen for three days.

Umpires are believed to be in on the plot, receiving messages in ear pieces and instructing players at the start of each over what to do next.

One passage of play was said to involve a boundary, another event, then the fall of a wicket. A player who had failed to adhere to the plan was then berated by another who told him he had just cost us a lot of money.

The organisers were said to have connections to the local community, which enabled them to recruit players and umpires. As the video showed, players were of wildly different ability.

Players were given full team kits, which gave the league an appearance above its lowly rank. Not all players were involved in the alleged plot, with some said to be outraged after finding out they were participating in a corrupted match.

The umpires were based in the UAE while many of the players were local workers.

Broadcast facilities, umpires listening to instructions over earpieces, choreographed set plays, full kits and uniforms for players.

I'm actually impressed at the organization. They used to fix individual events on the field, such as four or a no ball. Then they graduated to fixing games.

Shoot me blind if this wasn't fixing an entire tournament!!

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And speaking of drama, may I recommend the following moments of cinematic glory:

1. The gent at the 30-32 second mark

2. Mr M Tariq's facial expressions, starting at around the 50 second mark, and also at 1.25.

Oscar winning stuff.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Dubai: The video clipping from a tournament hosted at the Ajman Oval ground without the approval of the Ajman Cricket Council went viral last week — resulting in this council suspending the accreditation to the venue. It even caught the attention of the International Cricket Council’s Anti-Corruption Unit as batsmen made a mockery of the game by deliberately getting out as it was being telecast live.
    Though this tournament was not part of UAE’s domestic cricket, the clipping has created some unwarranted negative publicity to the game in the region as it emanated from here.

At a time when Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) regularly hosts their international and Pakistan Super League (PSL) matches and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) consider the UAE as a “preferred venue” to stage their next edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) here due to 2019 general elections in India, it is imperative that Emirates Cricket Board, through their cricket councils, have absolute control over all the tournaments held here and avoid anyone from misusing this region for corrupting cricket.

There was a time till a decade back when the tournaments held in the UAE were only those organised by the respective councils of the region. The scenario has changed after the advent of Twenty20 format as tournaments mushroomed all over the UAE without the regional council’s permission and knowledge.

The Ajman Oval ground incident has, hence, raised many unanswered questions, which Emirates Cricket Board will have to address at a war-footing with their respective cricket councils. A look at five key issues plaguing the UAE cricket:

Can anyone organise a tournament?

Today, anyone or any bunch of people can join hands and stage a tournament. Interestingly many of these people are not even well-known cricketers and some are those who haven’t even played cricket. Regional councils will not even know these organisers as they may not have played in any of their tournaments or been part of their cricket promotion. The number of such tournament organisers have swelled over the years as councils seems to have not bothered to stop these tournaments labelling them as ‘illegal’ and informing teams and players participating in those tournaments.

Who benefits from these tournaments?

The organisers of these tournaments claim that they are hosting the events to give exposure to the cricketers and provide a platform to reach the UAE team. As they are unapproved tournaments, any performance in these tournaments will not be taken into account for the UAE national team selection committee’s consideration. Teams and players in these tournaments sometimes receive money and individual awards as low as Dh250 when the organisers may have collected huge money from sponsors and also entry fees from teams in the guise of promoting cricket. No one audits these tournaments or check whether profit is pumped back into promoting cricket. None of these organisers inform the sponsors, from whom they collect money, to make them title sponsors or co-sponsors, that their tournament is without cricket council’s approval. In the absence of any information, some radio channels broadcast the tournaments and even results of the event.

Lack of grounds?

One of the reasons that such tournaments mushroomed is because the seven grounds of the Dubai Cricket Council in the Al Jadaf area, where nearly 500 matches used to be staged, were taken over in 2006. This council hasn’t managed to get any alternative grounds and though over a decade has passed, till date it does not have a ground of its own. Many clubs and team owners say off-the-record that why should teams take permission from a council, which does not even have their own ground or facilities to stage even their own tournament? Teams flocked to Umm Al Quwain, which staged tournaments under the Ajman Cricket Council but their 15 grounds, which used to stage 1000 matches every year, were also taken away last year.

Lack of interaction between clubs, councils

Clubs and teams here rarely get to interact with the councils. Unlike in Test-playing nations where the districts’ association hold general body meetings of representatives of clubs, council members and team or club owners rarely meet here for the elections for council members or representatives. Any errant club or player could have been stopped from playing in an unauthorised tournament by calling a meeting of clubs. The general grouse of the clubs is they do not get any benefit from the council in return for their annual registration fee.

Dangers of ‘illegal’ tournaments

‘Illegal’ tournaments are not officiated by qualified umpires of the council, hence the men in white does not wield any power to take action against any act of indiscipline by a team or player. Tournaments can now be streamed live through websites — leaving scope for corruption. For officially approved tournaments, the names of overseas players have to be listed but in unauthorised tournaments, even a banned player of any country can play. The ball is now in the court of ECB and the councils to uphold cricket’s reputation in the region.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/uae/cricke...cket-1.2169489

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC probe into corruption in Ajman All Star league points to Indian hand

The ICC’s anti-corruption unit is investigating the role of Indian bookies and betting cartels in the Ajman All Star T20 League. Investigators say that there is a link between the organisers of the Ajman league and the micro-leagues organised in Jaipur and Kota, which had come under the scanner of the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) anti-corruption unit last year.

A list of ‘persons of interest’ has been shared with the ICC, according to Neeraj Kumar, the BCCI’s anti-corruption chief.

Videos of the Ajman league went viral a fortnight ago after batsmen were seen throwing their wickets away with needless run-outs or by getting stumped by not making an effort to get back to safety. “The ICC has contacted us with regard to an India connection and there are persons of interest. The list of people (on our radar) who organise such leagues, which are corrupted, has further swollen up after the Ajman league. The ICC is investigating the India angle. If they want our help to carry out certain investigations, they will let us know. In fact, my own sense is that in most of the leagues happening abroad the corruptors are from India,” Kumar told The Indian Express on Friday.

The manner of the dismissals during matches of the Ajman league is eerily similar to that of the leagues, which have been investigated in India.

Last July, over a dozen people were arrested in overnight raids in Jaipur for alleged spot-fixing and betting in the Rajputana Premier League. Investigators discovered that the third umpire was one of the pointmen to whom bookies relayed messages.

The third official, via a walkie-talkie, relayed instructions to the on-field umpires, who in turn commanded the players to do as they were told. Most of the teams comprised club-level cricketers and were put together by bookies and middlemen.

There were a few instances seen in the footage of the Rajputana League which drew a parallel with the Ajman league. With a team needing 10 runs off the last over, the bowler, in successive deliveries, splayed the ball so wide that it beat the ’keeper and went to the boundary in the Rajputana League. In another passage of play, a wicketkeeper has the ball in his hands with the batsman out of the crease but is waiting for instructions on whether or not he should effect the stumping.

“Something similar was happening in the Ajman league but it was much worse (as compared to Rajputana). Organisers of these micro-leagues have connections and there is a cartel of corruptors in India. We know the names and other particulars of most of them. Their basic idea is only to make a killing. Bookies are pulling all the strings and players are like puppets,” the BCCI’s anti-corruption unit’s chief said.

Bouncers intimidate players

Once a player is part of one of these leagues, it is not easy to stay clean. If players do not do the bidding of the organisers, then bouncers positioned near the boundary rope during the match will intimidate them saying ‘do this or we will fix you later’.

The investigators had embedded some players in various teams of the Rajputana League as informers, who relayed minute-to-minute details of how the alleged spot-fixing was being carried out. The corruption in micro-leagues had come to light during the Rajwada Premier League held in early 2017. According to investigating officers, organisers of these leagues make between Rs 2 crore to Rs 3 crore each for a tournament, which can run for less than a week. Some of those alleged to be connected to the bookie cartel go by assumed names such as Pintu Ponting and Jonty Dhiman.

“This is a new methodology bookies and fixers have come up with. They host a private T20 tournament, select a venue and arrange to have it telecast. Because if you telecast it, then the bookie community and betting community gets involved and everyone sitting in a drawing room can bet,” Kumar said. Since the Jaipur Police, following a tip-off from Kumar’s unit, busted the Rajputana tournament, a number of leagues, which have the same modus operandi, have either shut shop or have postponed their events. One such league was the Haryana Champions Trophy that was to be held in August. T20 cricket tournaments which were scheduled to be held in different parts of West Bengal, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh have also been cancelled. In the case of the Haryana Champions Trophy, Kumar had spoken to the organisers and warned them of possible arrests if the tournament was conducted.

“This year again, the Rajwada Premier League was to be held. We got a tip-off and we alerted the BCCI which sent out a circular that any registered player who participates in the tournament will be debarred. State cricket associations were also informed. Now we hear that the league is planned for August in Sri Lanka.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...-hand-5057903/
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 10th February 2018 at 02:50.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no surprises here.
    India is a home for bookies.
    and our neighbours execute it well.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    no surprises here.
    India is a home for bookies.
    and our neighbours execute it well.
    perfect example of how both countries can work for the betterment of the game - NOT!

India is a home for bookies but you will shocked to see the disbelief in some Indian eyes when told that the root cause of corruption is coming from their neck of the woods!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    perfect example of how both countries can work for the betterment of the game - NOT!

India is a home for bookies but you will shocked to see the disbelief in some Indian eyes when told that the root cause of corruption is coming from their neck of the woods!
    India is more than 1 billion population country
    ..Do you expect all 1 billion to be saints. Every country how big or small will have corruption and some kind of bookies will be there

At least BCCI takes stern stand against such individuals even players banning for life. Unless some boards who welcome cheats with open arms !
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 10th February 2018 at 06:33.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as an Indian fan, I have no problems if they trace the manipulators to India. These guys need to be rooted out of the game.

Before we're accused of being holier-than-thou, note the BCCI's official's comments below:

A list of ‘persons of interest’ has been shared with the ICC, according to Neeraj Kumar, the BCCI’s anti-corruption chief.

Videos of the Ajman league went viral a fortnight ago after batsmen were seen throwing their wickets away with needless run-outs or by getting stumped by not making an effort to get back to safety. “The ICC has contacted us with regard to an India connection and there are persons of interest. The list of people (on our radar) who organise such leagues, which are corrupted, has further swollen up after the Ajman league. The ICC is investigating the India angle. If they want our help to carry out certain investigations, they will let us know. In fact, my own sense is that in most of the leagues happening abroad the corruptors are from India,” Kumar told The Indian Express on Friday.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    India is more than 1 billion population country
    ..Do you expect all 1 billion to be saints. Every country how big or small will have corruption and some kind of bookies will be there

At least BCCI takes stern stand against such individuals even players banning for life. Unless some boards who welcome cheats with open arms !
    Easy to take a 'stern stance' after being caught out.

People have been saying this for decades now but no action was taken but now that ICC are involved and possible loss of face involved, we have a sudden desire to share knowledge.

Bro, we weren't born yesterday.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have been saying this for decades now but no action was taken but now that ICC are involved and possible loss of face involved, we have a sudden desire to share knowledge.

You believe what u think is right mate.

Azhar, Jadeja, Mongia, Sreeshanth etc....who got caught cheating, BCCI banned them for life. Few got their names cleared from courts, but BCCI never let them in. Don't think this kind of stance was ever taken by some boards, some boards are planning to bring back convicted cricketers best of luck for cheering such cheats !

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Is there a law anywhere in this world that can stop 10 people from hiring a ground and some amateur club cricketers and play a tourney? They can even gave fixed results like wwe.Its not official recognised cricket and cant be stopped.

In India betting is illegal under gambling act and only that can be stopped.

WCan icc stop people from playing in gali, mohalla or maidans?

The icc or bcci or any board only has jurisdiction when official cricket and thats where they should focus on stopping illegal activities. Life bans for people involved in such activities should be the only punishment.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    You believe what u think is right mate.

Azhar, Jadeja, Mongia, Sreeshanth etc....who got caught cheating, BCCI banned them for life. Few got their names cleared from courts, but BCCI never let them in. Don't think this kind of stance was ever taken by some boards, some boards are planning to bring back convicted cricketers best of luck for cheering such cheats !
    Not sure why you keep on steering the discussion to Pak cricketers who were caught and punished?

No amount of facepalms will hide the fact that there is a huge issue in India which is now coming out to the open

Kill the cartels, so they stop offering cash to people.

Its the same with drugs, you always go after suppliers - addicts are the last ones on the chain.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh the shock and horror

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why you keep on steering the discussion to Pak cricketers who were caught and punished?

No amount of facepalms will hide the fact that there is a huge issue in India which is now coming out to the open

Kill the cartels, so they stop offering cash to people.

Its the same with drugs, you always go after suppliers - addicts are the last ones on the chain.
    India caught cheaters long back Azhar, Ajay Jadeja and co and punished them. You can't have 1+ billion law abiding saints. Bigger the country ..bigger the percent of criminals. You can't stop humans turning to crime, only one can create laws and awareness. Even richest countries in world have criminals and fixers in different fields. Only respective cricket boards can do is to have policy of 'No Mercy' for such cheats both bookies and players who are involved in bad practices. Which BCCI is doing way better than some boards who are trying give amenesty to convicts and setting bad example for youngsters. Result one of best hard hitting opener lost in PSL.
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 10th February 2018 at 08:51.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you think even if stiff action is taken, betting will completely stop? Additionally, given that betting is illegal, during an investigation how do you differentiate between the cacophony of betting to that of fixing? After all, both are outlawed.

The solution in my opinion is simple. Make Betting a legal activity and only fixing illegal. This way you do not need to concern with betting. The responsibility now lies with the sportsmen not to indulge or get lured into fixing. So, you catch the sportsman who fixed and you also get the other part of the ring, i.e. the person who pays for fixing.

Thats how the UK deals with it and is the best possible way to weed out fixing. Blame the cricketers, not the betters.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    And you think even if stiff action is taken, betting will completely stop? Additionally, given that betting is illegal, during an investigation how do you differentiate between the cacophony of betting to that of fixing? After all, both are outlawed.

The solution in my opinion is simple. Make Betting a legal activity and only fixing illegal. This way you do not need to concern with betting. The responsibility now lies with the sportsmen not to indulge or get lured into fixing. So, you catch the sportsman who fixed and you also get the other part of the ring, i.e. the person who pays for fixing.

Thats how the UK deals with it and is the best possible way to weed out fixing. Blame the cricketers, not the betters.
    Problem as we saw in England with Pak cricketers is that cricketers can be bribed to change the outcome of games - defraud punters.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    India caught cheaters long back Azhar, Ajay Jadeja and co and punished them. You can't have 1+ billion law abiding saints. Bigger the country ..bigger the percent of criminals. You can't stop humans turning to crime, only one can create laws and awareness. Even richest countries in world have criminals and fixers in different fields. Only respective cricket boards can do is to have policy of 'No Mercy' for such cheats both bookies and players who are involved in bad practices. Which BCCI is doing way better than some boards who are trying give amenesty to convicts and setting bad example for youngsters. Result one of best hard hitting opener lost in PSL.
    This is very embarrassing bro. Not everything that happens in India needs to be defended with such ferocity.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem as we saw in England with Pak cricketers is that cricketers can be bribed to change the outcome of games - defraud punters.
    You cant stop poor intentions. You cant stop murder if someone is hell bent on killing. Nothing is fool proof or 100%. There are enough measures put in the by the ICC - no usage phones in dressing rooms, ACU etc to make it difficult for fixers.

At best, you can make it difficult, and hope that they get caught when they fix. And reprimand the fixers severely.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant stop poor intentions. You cant stop murder if someone is hell bent on killing. Nothing is fool proof or 100%. There are enough measures put in the by the ICC - no usage phones in dressing rooms, ACU etc to make it difficult for fixers.

At best, you can make it difficult, and hope that they get caught when they fix. And reprimand the fixers severely.
    Compared to the 90s, its pretty obvious how fixing has reduced in international cricket nowadays. Even if it happens, and we dont hear about it, its not as common as it was the 90s. The steps from ICC have worked.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very embarrassing bro. Not everything that happens in India needs to be defended with such ferocity.
    My opinion ...if u disgreee ...lets agree to disagree brother ! Cheers !

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to the 90s, its pretty obvious how fixing has reduced in international cricket nowadays. Even if it happens, and we dont hear about it, its not as common as it was the 90s. The steps from ICC have worked.
    Yea..maches in Sharjah were like epicentre those days in 90's. One of the reason BCCI still hates playing in UAE. Only part of IPL was played there, even though it was successful IPL in Dubai, don't see that happing again anytime soon.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this few weeks back. lol I was like watching on and off as it is such a hilarious video

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Yea..maches in Sharjah were like epicentre those days in 90's. One of the reason BCCI still hates playing in UAE. Only part of IPL was played there, even though it was successful IPL in Dubai, don't see that happing again anytime soon.
    Bro epicenter is India! Have you not learnt anything? You kill the money, corruption will end

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro epicenter is India! Have you not learnt anything? You kill the money, corruption will end
    Money is not the problem. The problem are the players who are willing to fix.

How do you stop money flowing into any financial activity if it provides returns.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Saw this few weeks back. lol I was like watching on and off as it is such a hilarious video
    they need some coaching from their idols.
    to fix it more professionally.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point.

There is another theory that legalising gambling in India could help, but it has immense social ramifications.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow what a video amazing.. It’s an unsanctioned tournament so why are neo sports even showing this crap? And would anyone even watch this nonsense? Kids playing outside my home play better than this.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It’s not feasible my friend killing of fixing in cricket is not the top priority list for any government.. We got plenty of bigger issues.. Eventually if our bigger issues are ever resolved (highly unlikely) then we can focus on killing fixing syndicate.. Till then it will continue to be present in cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    It’s not feasible my friend killing of fixing in cricket is not the top priority list for any government.. We got plenty of bigger issues.. Eventually if our bigger issues are ever resolved (highly unlikely) then we can focus on killing fixing syndicate.. Till then it will continue to be present in cricket.
    Of course, but would there not be like a department for sport or some other legislative entity to take care of such matters?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call it 'Indian hand' if you must, but many Pakistanis that have eaten off that hand.

Instead of chucking stones at each other and living in glass houses, let's get past petty prejudice and accept that neither country can take the moral high ground.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Of course, but would there not be like a department for sport or some other legislative entity to take care of such matters?

Are you from subcontinent? If you are then it’s same in India as it is in Pakistan.. people are corrupt top businessmen, politicians and their relatives/friends are involved in betting.. There is a law to prevent everything however there is not enough will to prevent it..

Even if political parties are not involved themselves the top notch bookies pay huge sums of money to cops/politicians so that the business keeps going on.. Its just how it is whole system is corrupt and this fixing matter is very low in pecking order for normal public to demand action against..

So in short till India is major power in cricket financially you will continue to see illegal betting which will ultimately result in fixing, you need to accept this truth and move on.. Only thing is that at international level you can prevent it by paying your players huge sum of money like Indian players are paid but then people like Sreesanth will still be there.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket in Sharjah has been historically plagued with corruption and it was an utter disgrace. I recall the CBFS series in the 80's/ early 90's which was a front for massive illegal betting. I also remember an Indo-Pak match where the last overs were bowled in almost pitch dark, with the bulbs turned on in homes around the ground. Such was the level of corruption that the umpires flatly refused to call off the play.

ICC should permanently bar any sanctioned cricket games in that part of the world.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love their acting of "showing disappointment"

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as players with greed are present, no matter what fixing will happen in some or other form !

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very naive thinking.

Money isn't the problem. problem is greed. Even with all the money in the world one can stay out of corruption if there is no greed. But greed has existed since dawn of mankind.

Cut one root and another will open. Take India out and some other will take place. In India, corruption seems higher end due to sheer quantity of population.

Even if I offer you money, there will be no fixing if the players won't indulge in it.

All the evil is bcci, India..... That's a bit uncalled for since the administration has offered help in rooting out the corruption.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    That's a very naive thinking.

Money isn't the problem. problem is greed. Even with all the money in the world one can stay out of corruption if there is no greed. But greed has existed since dawn of mankind.

Cut one root and another will open. Take India out and some other will take place. In India, corruption seems higher end due to sheer quantity of population.

Even if I offer you money, there will be no fixing if the players won't indulge in it.

All the evil is bcci, India..... That's a bit uncalled for since the administration has offered help in rooting out the corruption.
    BCCI ha handed maximum punishment life bans fixes and cheats ...compared to others boards who show sympathy on convicts

Blaming BCCI and India for everything is norm here !
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 12th February 2018 at 03:35.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    BCCI ha handed maximum punishment life bans fixes and cheats ...compared to others boards who show sympathy on convicts

Blaming BCCI and India for everything is norm here !
    You’re missing the point and you’re letting your nationalism taking over your thinking. Illegal betting in India worth over 150 billion $ a year. That is lots of money.

The minute India will legalized betting, which would also generate huge amount of money for the government India, no one will be pointing fingers at India.

Banning player is just cosmetic fix to keep the nationalist happy.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    You’re missing the point and you’re letting your nationalism taking over your thinking. Illegal betting in India worth over 150 billion $ a year. That is lots of money.

The minute India will legalized betting, which would also generate huge amount of money for the government India, no one will be pointing fingers at India.

Banning player is just cosmetic fix to keep the nationalist happy.
    Betting and prostitution will never be legalized in India that's how the country works.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bump.

Hassan Raza played in this tournament.

The main bookie and ringmaster wanted to make a league which could be used for fixing purposes mainly.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Watched the Al Jazeera documentary and this tournament came up.

The fixing was blatant at the time.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Watched the Al Jazeera documentary and this tournament came up.

The fixing was blatant at the time.
    Once again India comes up in the discussions but nobody wants to discuss this. Why? Shouldn't the cricketing world all get together and demand India get its house in order?

i am for one so glad none of our players play any form of cricket in India whether it is IPL or other. I sometimes feel Pakistani players are specifically targeted by the mafia to harm Pakistan cricket on purpose. I could be wrong but its always a nagging thing.

After watching the aljazeera documentary, although some will scream that evidence is flimsy, I think this is the tip of the iceberg. Every T20 league has to be watched and players put under scrutiny. Matches involving India must be watched very closely. And if this persists something needs to be done about it. For example if the Indian govt and board continue to turn a blind eye to this, they should be docked points in the World cup and world test championship until the problem is sorted out..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139° N, 77.2090° E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Once again India comes up in the discussions but nobody wants to discuss this. Why? Shouldn't the cricketing world all get together and demand India get its house in order?

i am for one so glad none of our players play any form of cricket in India whether it is IPL or other. I sometimes feel Pakistani players are specifically targeted by the mafia to harm Pakistan cricket on purpose. I could be wrong but its always a nagging thing.

After watching the aljazeera documentary, although some will scream that evidence is flimsy, I think this is the tip of the iceberg. Every T20 league has to be watched and players put under scrutiny. Matches involving India must be watched very closely. And if this persists something needs to be done about it. For example if the Indian govt and board continue to turn a blind eye to this, they should be docked points in the World cup and world test championship until the problem is sorted out..
    Its the responsibility of cricket boards of cricket playing countries to check corruption, fixing etc... And if a player is caught, take stern actions against him ban him for life. Doesn't matter if ICC bans him for 5 years, the cricket board of that country should officially / unofficially ban that player for life.
    Instead, there are some boards who have openly supported fixers and welcomed them back in their national teams.
    We must understand that, there are bookies only because there are players like Amir who are ready to sell themselves for few bucks. Identify the corrupt players, ban them, punish them and the problem is solved.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man u people are last persons to take about betting and spotfixing ,people who support Amir convicted spot fixer served jail in foreign country while representing his nation in a international sporting event and we have asif who is spot fixer and drug smuggler who is in until recently not allowed to enter UAE and there is there is huge number of people who is ready to give sermons about illegal betting in India

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Bump.

Hassan Raza played in this tournament.

The main bookie and ringmaster wanted to make a league which could be used for fixing purposes mainly.
    Forget Hassan Raza. He hasn't been convicted for anything and is a small fish in the grand scheme of things.

Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif participated. That alone should tell you about the criminal activity and match-fixing in this tournament.

Two convicted criminals with a history of spot-fixing and potentially throwing matches (Sydney test) were involved.

And then there are those that want them back in the team.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptan View Post
    Its the responsibility of cricket boards of cricket playing countries to check corruption, fixing etc... And if a player is caught, take stern actions against him ban him for life. Doesn't matter if ICC bans him for 5 years, the cricket board of that country should officially / unofficially ban that player for life.
    Instead, there are some boards who have openly supported fixers and welcomed them back in their national teams.
    We must understand that, there are bookies only because there are players like Amir who are ready to sell themselves for few bucks. Identify the corrupt players, ban them, punish them and the problem is solved.
    There are bookies because there is a huge market for bets in the worlds largest cricket market. Even though betting is banned. Why doesn't the govt of India legalise betting and then regulate it? this way you can control and monitor illegal betting? Why do you cling to some fantasy that your culture hates betting? when the truth is it is ingrained?

The facts are undeniable no matter what or who you deflect the issues onto. Every bookie involved in fixing or rumours of fixing has been an indian or has links to some Indian syndicate. It needs to be dealt with by the govt of India and if it cant do so then the BCCI and the Indian Govt must be held accountable. It is an existential danger to the game. It should not be tolerated any longer.