Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 327

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    91,320
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    BCCI-PCB MoU issue : ICC appoint 3-member panel; 3-day hearing to be conducted in Dubai [Post#180]

    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricke...le22681568.ece

    The appointment of members to the Dispute Resolutions Committee (DRC) will be one of the governance matters that will be taken up at the ICC quarterly meetings in Dubai on February 8 and 9.

    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has notified the ICC to set up the DRC to resolve the matter of Indian cricket board not honouring its commitment to play bilateral series with Pakistan in 2014 and 2015.

    The PCB has reportedly claimed a compensation of $70 million.

    According to BCCI officials, who understand the nitty-gritty of bilateral series, the MoU was not signed between the BCCI and PCB and there is no case for the PCB to claim compensation. “The two Boards may have come to a loose agreement to make the PCB support the BCCI’s big three governance model move in 2014, but letterheads were not used,” said an official. Sanjay Patel was the secretary of the BCCI then.

    Former PCB chief Zaka Ashraf had gone to the extent of questioning the PCB decision to go the DRC and claim compensation.

    “The MoU is just a piece of paper and on top of that there is no clause in it which says that either party can go to the ICC disputes resolution committee for any compensation claim.

    “I don’t know under which law they (PCB) are filing for compensation,” Ashraf had said last November.

    The BCCI has always maintained that playing Pakistan in a bilateral series hinged on the decision of the Government of India.

    The ICC meeting will also take stock of the situation after its last meeting in October in Auckland, consider the Chief Executive’s report, governance and anti-corruption code amendments, integrity and ethics, matters related to the membership of Nepal and USA, financial model incorporating distribution to its new members and Zimbabwe.

    The ICC chairman Shashank Manohar will update the ICC Board on the nominations committee’s report on the appointment of an independent woman director.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,108
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the PCB wants an honest conclusion, they need to take this to an independent court, not to a section of the ICC.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    25,353
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Which court has jurisdiction over bcci?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,410
    Mentioned
    926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Oh god, when will this MOU drama end ?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Oh god, when will this MOU drama end ?
    Nothing will come out of this drama ... waste of time and effort, Result will be Big ZERO

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is basically a deadlock. ICC or PCB cannot influence or convince GOI, thats the responsibility of BCCI. BCCI in turn says GOI isnt willing to listen because of situation on borders. Nothing and No one can over rule GOI in this matter. So i am not sure how this matter would be resolved.

    Can someone list the possibilities of what could happen?

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    This is basically a deadlock. ICC or PCB cannot influence or convince GOI, thats the responsibility of BCCI. BCCI in turn says GOI isnt willing to listen because of situation on borders. Nothing and No one can over rule GOI in this matter. So i am not sure how this matter would be resolved.

    Can someone list the possibilities of what could happen?
    The PCB needs to prove that the BCCI is lying about not receiving GOI approval. It needs to prove how magically the GOI approval is given whenever it comes to ICC tournaments in T-20 WC/Asia Cup/WC/CT, Indian home series in India but this GOI approval becomes non existent when it comes to playing a Pakistani home series in Pakistan or neutral venue. The PCB will easily prove that the issue is not GOI approval but the simple fact that the BCCI is deliberately denying PCB $50-100 million and has deliberately backed out of 3-4 home series, that they deliberately entered into an agreement with the PCB for home series with Pakistan in exchange for the Big 3 vote, their intentions were not honorable and therefore they will be required to compensate the PCB for losses in the tune of $60-70 million

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB needs to prove that the BCCI is lying about not receiving GOI approval. It needs to prove how magically the GOI approval is given whenever it comes to ICC tournaments in T-20 WC/Asia Cup/WC/CT, Indian home series in India but this GOI approval becomes non existent when it comes to playing a Pakistani home series in Pakistan or neutral venue. The PCB will easily prove that the issue is not GOI approval but the simple fact that the BCCI is deliberately denying PCB $50-100 million and has deliberately backed out of 3-4 home series, that they deliberately entered into an agreement with the PCB for home series with Pakistan in exchange for the Big 3 vote, their intentions were not honorable and therefore they will be required to compensate the PCB for losses in the tune of $60-70 million
    Not even one penny BCCI will give to PCB, $60-70 million lol pipe dream

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,668
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB needs to prove that the BCCI is lying about not receiving GOI approval. It needs to prove how magically the GOI approval is given whenever it comes to ICC tournaments in T-20 WC/Asia Cup/WC/CT, Indian home series in India but this GOI approval becomes non existent when it comes to playing a Pakistani home series in Pakistan or neutral venue. The PCB will easily prove that the issue is not GOI approval but the simple fact that the BCCI is deliberately denying PCB $50-100 million and has deliberately backed out of 3-4 home series, that they deliberately entered into an agreement with the PCB for home series with Pakistan in exchange for the Big 3 vote, their intentions were not honorable and therefore they will be required to compensate the PCB for losses in the tune of $60-70 million
    Pretty much this. The cronies at BCCI are snakes and will eventually have to face this issue sooner or later. To think Pakistan will forget about it is hilarious...Also, don't fall for the Indian propaganda machine which shamelessly spreads lies that PCB is asking BCCI for a handout, when in reality PCB is asking BCCI to honor their agreement which BCCI SNAKED on after the populist snake charmer Modi introduced the theory of "Isolating Pakistan" .

    You know it's all good and well if Indians could be bold enough to say this is why they haven't played us...I'd respect them more...but in return these guys will have you believe that PCB is "begging" BCCI to play because PCB needs the cash. Pathetic level of brain washing done through state sponsored media.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Pretty much this. The cronies at BCCI are snakes and will eventually have to face this issue sooner or later. To think Pakistan will forget about it is hilarious...Also, don't fall for the Indian propaganda machine which shamelessly spreads lies that PCB is asking BCCI for a handout, when in reality PCB is asking BCCI to honor their agreement which BCCI SNAKED on after the populist snake charmer Modi introduced the theory of "Isolating Pakistan" .

    You know it's all good and well if Indians could be bold enough to say this is why they haven't played us...I'd respect them more...but in return these guys will have you believe that PCB is "begging" BCCI to play because PCB needs the cash. Pathetic level of brain washing done through state sponsored media.
    That's just hyperbole.

    Like all sports boards, BCCI is obsessed with more money than the sports. No different from anything else. If it's only up to them, or Indian broadcast TV, they would gladly play bilateral series with Pakistan.

    However, things have changed now. Indian public is not as obsessed with Pakistani cricket before. Few reasons for that.

    1. Pakistan has not produced cricketing stars recently. Akram, Waqar, Imran, Shoaibh Akthar all had big followings in India. Pakistan has not produced such stars like that recently.
    2. IPL - IPL has brought more fans into the game, like my mom and sisters who don't care nor have the time for a test or ODI. However, they religiously follow local IPL teams. This is similar to league sports in US. Many women/girls, would not care about what their national team does in Olympics, but would be super into local leagues.
    3. There is a small percent of the population, like me, liberal, secular, passionate about cricket, yet don't want to play against Pakistan in a sport that we are passionate about. Pakistan and India have always been at war with each other. I get it. We have done countless number of petty skirmishes and big wars. Yet, nothing rails me like the protection given by Pakistani public and government to a mass-murderer like Lezt/JuD's Hafiz Saeed. You can debate about lack of real evidence and what not. It's been proven that he was instrumental in two mass bombings/attacks that killed innocents in train stations and hotels. Your country itself is a victim of so many such attacks. How would you feel if a neighbor is protecting such a perpetrator?

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,668
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramki View Post
    That's just hyperbole.

    Like all sports boards, BCCI is obsessed with more money than the sports. No different from anything else. If it's only up to them, or Indian broadcast TV, they would gladly play bilateral series with Pakistan.

    However, things have changed now. Indian public is not as obsessed with Pakistani cricket before. Few reasons for that.

    1. Pakistan has not produced cricketing stars recently. Akram, Waqar, Imran, Shoaibh Akthar all had big followings in India. Pakistan has not produced such stars like that recently.
    2. IPL - IPL has brought more fans into the game, like my mom and sisters who don't care nor have the time for a test or ODI. However, they religiously follow local IPL teams. This is similar to league sports in US. Many women/girls, would not care about what their national team does in Olympics, but would be super into local leagues.
    3. There is a small percent of the population, like me, liberal, secular, passionate about cricket, yet don't want to play against Pakistan in a sport that we are passionate about. Pakistan and India have always been at war with each other. I get it. We have done countless number of petty skirmishes and big wars. Yet, nothing rails me like the protection given by Pakistani public and government to a mass-murderer like Lezt/JuD's Hafiz Saeed. You can debate about lack of real evidence and what not. It's been proven that he was instrumental in two mass bombings/attacks that killed innocents in train stations and hotels. Your country itself is a victim of so many such attacks. How would you feel if a neighbor is protecting such a perpetrator?
    Your response is emotional. All 3 points laid out by you do NOT justify BCCI snaking PCB the way it did. It's all fine if you don't think our players are international stars, or if IPL has more following, or if XYZ roams freely in the Sahara desert. How does that make it right for BCCI to agree playing six series with Pakistan when the big 3 vote was needed and then ghosting when the desired objective was achieved? Pakistanis are not begging to play India but rather want India to either fulfill their agreement or repay us for the damages caused by disappearing on what they agreed upon.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramki View Post
    That's just hyperbole.

    Like all sports boards, BCCI is obsessed with more money than the sports. No different from anything else. If it's only up to them, or Indian broadcast TV, they would gladly play bilateral series with Pakistan.

    However, things have changed now. Indian public is not as obsessed with Pakistani cricket before. Few reasons for that.

    1. Pakistan has not produced cricketing stars recently. Akram, Waqar, Imran, Shoaibh Akthar all had big followings in India. Pakistan has not produced such stars like that recently.
    2. IPL - IPL has brought more fans into the game, like my mom and sisters who don't care nor have the time for a test or ODI. However, they religiously follow local IPL teams. This is similar to league sports in US. Many women/girls, would not care about what their national team does in Olympics, but would be super into local leagues.
    3. There is a small percent of the population, like me, liberal, secular, passionate about cricket, yet don't want to play against Pakistan in a sport that we are passionate about. Pakistan and India have always been at war with each other. I get it. We have done countless number of petty skirmishes and big wars. Yet, nothing rails me like the protection given by Pakistani public and government to a mass-murderer like Lezt/JuD's Hafiz Saeed. You can debate about lack of real evidence and what not. It's been proven that he was instrumental in two mass bombings/attacks that killed innocents in train stations and hotels. Your country itself is a victim of so many such attacks. How would you feel if a neighbor is protecting such a perpetrator?
    About the first part, every organization starts off a business with a good intention and then later on once they start growing big, money becomes their driving force. there are n number of companies that you can take as example which started off with intention to do no evil and far from it now. I completely agree that left to itself BCCI will be pestering with PCB for playing more series. If Pakistan/PCB thinks they are losing x amount of money due to no series with India, BCCI will be losing atleast 5x probably more than that.

    Regarding your point one about lack of stars, that is very much true. I love cricket, i follow most of the matches (even if i don't find time to watch all of them almost all matches live scoreboard is always open in one tab). Even for someone who is so interested in cricket and one who keeps very open mind about Pakistan (due to their past superstars), it is very difficult for me to identify their players by sight. if i am surfing channels and come across one which is showing a Pakistan match, just by glance I can identify Aamir, Shadab, Babar, Hasan ali and Sarfarz. six or seven players in the squad are completely nobodies as far as international exposure is concerned. Compare that to past when Inzi, Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib, Moin Khan, Razzaq, Saqi, Saeed, Aamer sohail, Aaqib Javed, MoYo, Younis, etc played. Most of the played together in a team making them very well known and identifiable.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    974
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Savak

    The question though is who are the PCB proving this to? A court of law or an ICC committee? Also, do either of them have the power enforce the verdict that they give?
    Last edited by USofA; 8th February 2018 at 16:41.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    @ Savak

    The question though is who are the PCB proving this to? A court of law or an ICC committee? Also, do either of them have the power enforce the verdict that they give?
    ICC for starters, courts in Dubai where ICC HQ are located. Courts in India and Court of International Arbitration in Switzerland. The objective is to make the BCCI look so bad, to go out of their way to make life very difficult and inconvenient. The ICC reversed the Big 3 model and has gone back to the original ICC model so nothing is difficult and the BCCI are not gods who can get away with everything.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    974
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    ICC for starters, courts in Dubai where ICC HQ are located. Courts in India and Court of International Arbitration in Switzerland. The objective is to make the BCCI look so bad, to go out of their way to make life very difficult and inconvenient. The ICC reversed the Big 3 model and has gone back to the original ICC model so nothing is difficult and the BCCI are not gods who can get away with everything.
    The main problem with this whole MOU saga is that it has been dragging on and on and on. The Big3 has come and gone. It has 4-5 years since the MOU was signed. And almost the same amount of time since the PCB started pursing this. But absolutely no progress at all. Everything is still where it was when this started. Can someone get this to a conclusion already.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    25,353
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB needs to prove that the BCCI is lying about not receiving GOI approval. It needs to prove how magically the GOI approval is given whenever it comes to ICC tournaments in T-20 WC/Asia Cup/WC/CT, Indian home series in India but this GOI approval becomes non existent when it comes to playing a Pakistani home series in Pakistan or neutral venue. The PCB will easily prove that the issue is not GOI approval but the simple fact that the BCCI is deliberately denying PCB $50-100 million and has deliberately backed out of 3-4 home series, that they deliberately entered into an agreement with the PCB for home series with Pakistan in exchange for the Big 3 vote, their intentions were not honorable and therefore they will be required to compensate the PCB for losses in the tune of $60-70 million
    So the public statements of Indian minister of sports is a lie? A similar statement was made by the minister in Parliament, and he will be subject to a priviledge motion if he lied in the Parliament. The GOI's stand is very clear and very public.

    Your PCB chairman accepted that BCCI tried to get govt approval and didnot get it.


    The former PCB chairman also called on its Indian counterpart to try their level best to convince their government to resume the cricket relations against Pakistan.

    “I know for a fact that BCCI tried to convince their government and explained to them that there would be a loss of revenue for both India and Pakistan. However, the Government of India has stuck by its stand that unless the political climate improves; there can be no resumption of cricketing relations between both countries. They will simply not allow it,” he added.


    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...VLgiXG9FJ.html




    Sports Minister Vijay Goel on Monday reiterated the government's stand on India-Pakistan bilateral cricket, stating that a series was not feasible until cross border terrorism stops. India have not played any bilateral cricket with Pakistan since 2007, although in the winter of 2012-13, Pakistan made a short goodwill tour to India that included three One Day Internationals and two Twenty20 Internationals.

    The minister's comments were in response to Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary saying that India was not averse to playing a bilateral cricket series against Pakistan.

    Mr Goel added the BCCI must talk to the Indian government before proceeding with any proposal for such a series.

    "BCCI must talk to government first. Bilateral series with Pakistan will be difficult because terror and cricket can't go hand in hand," the minister said, adding, "Pakistan is spreading terrorism in Kashmir, indulging in cross-border terrorism. In these cases, we can't have a bilateral series with them. As far as multi-lateral events are concerned, we have no control over those. So the two countries will continue to play each other in such tournaments."
    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/bila...y-goel-1705137

    I do not know why you keep saying the same rubbish everytime. The GOI's stand is no secret. PCB wont see a dime.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So the public statements of Indian minister of sports is a lie? A similar statement was made by the minister in Parliament, and he will be subject to a priviledge motion if he lied in the Parliament. The GOI's stand is very clear and very public.

    Your PCB chairman accepted that BCCI tried to get govt approval and didnot get it.




    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...VLgiXG9FJ.html



    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/bila...y-goel-1705137

    I do not know why you keep saying the same rubbish everytime. The GOI's stand is no secret. PCB wont see a dime.
    India has cancelled Pakistan's home series even before the current Modi administration, India owes up 3 home series atleast. There was no GOI objection to the Indian series of 2012-13 where even though it was India's turn to tour Pakistan or to play Pakistan on neutral venues, but our loser PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf accepted the BCCI demands to accept an Indian home series back then where the PCB did not get a single penny while the BCCI took all the profits. This GOI objection cannot be bought up by the BCCI whenever it comes to Pakistan's turn to host India but then the GOI objection automatically going away when it comes to the T-20 WC, ODI WC, Asia Cup, CT or an Indian home series against Pakistan.

    The fact of the matter is that the BCCI's ultimate goal is to do anything it can to prevent the PCB from injecting massive $$ in its coffers which will ultimately have an impact on everything else in Pakistan Cricket.

    The PCB is right in finally growing a pair and for doing their utmost to make the BCCI pay for everything they did to the PCB in the last 10 years. The PCB can play on so many scenario's i.e. why did the BCCI so dishonestly and in bad faith sign the MOU with the PCB and promise consideration that they knew they could not deliver i.e. not getting GOI approval.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB needs to prove that the BCCI is lying about not receiving GOI approval. It needs to prove how magically the GOI approval is given whenever it comes to ICC tournaments in T-20 WC/Asia Cup/WC/CT, Indian home series in India but this GOI approval becomes non existent when it comes to playing a Pakistani home series in Pakistan or neutral venue. The PCB will easily prove that the issue is not GOI approval but the simple fact that the BCCI is deliberately denying PCB $50-100 million and has deliberately backed out of 3-4 home series, that they deliberately entered into an agreement with the PCB for home series with Pakistan in exchange for the Big 3 vote, their intentions were not honorable and therefore they will be required to compensate the PCB for losses in the tune of $60-70 million
    What if BCCI prove that GOI is blocking any bilateral relations with Pakistan?

    2012 home series is irrelevant because that time Indian national congress was in Power not the BJP.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    60
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB will end up paying for BCCI's lawyers too. Mark my words.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    @ Savak

    The question though is who are the PCB proving this to? A court of law or an ICC committee? Also, do either of them have the power enforce the verdict that they give?
    Forget enforcement, I cant see any court free from Indian influence.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, indeed. MoU has been talked to death. The final interpretation was that it's just an understanding and not legally binding.

    At this point, BCCI, due to all the reasons I have said above, does not care enough about the MoU about a single bilateral series with Pakistan, let alone 3 or 6. In fact, it's better if BCCI does nothing about it as playing Pakistan in India or a neutral venue is going to open a can of worms that is unnecessary for them considering their current set of priorities.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    re-read previous posts before you assume.
    I'm not assuming anything. Its you who need to have a clear understanding between an agreement and an MoU.

    2nd thing is - i dont think this committee does have a justification over BCCI or GOI. Even if it has, nothing can be proven.

    So my point still stands. PCB isn't getting a single penny out of this drama. They should just move on instead of this daily crying and utilise whatever funds they have in betterment of their infrastructure.

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,668
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    I'm not assuming anything. Its you who need to have a clear understanding between an agreement and an MoU.

    2nd thing is - i dont think this committee does have a justification over BCCI or GOI. Even if it has, nothing can be proven.

    So my point still stands. PCB isn't getting a single penny out of this drama. They should just move on instead of this daily crying and utilise whatever funds they have in betterment of their infrastructure.
    Re-read post 21 and thank you for your thoughts. They really were insightful.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    I'm not assuming anything. Its you who need to have a clear understanding between an agreement and an MoU.

    2nd thing is - i dont think this committee does have a justification over BCCI or GOI. Even if it has, nothing can be proven.

    So my point still stands. PCB isn't getting a single penny out of this drama. They should just move on instead of this daily crying and utilise whatever funds they have in betterment of their infrastructure.
    Spending $1-2 million in order to get $60-70 million is called brave business decision making. That is what seperates cowards from real men. Someone like Zaka Ashraf will be like i am not taking such a risk which also explains why the loser was unsuccessful in holding the PSL. Sethi is on another level altogether, a tremendous risk taker with charm and with knowledge on how to create publicity, hype and unlike Zaka he has the guts to take risks.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Re-read post 21 and thank you for your thoughts. They really were insightful.
    Lol thank you. I don't need to re-read 'snake-snake' stuff. Just a suggestion, google MoU/agreement.
    Last edited by Kroll; 8th February 2018 at 18:22.

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,668
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    Lol thank you. I don't need to re-read 'snake-snake' stuff. Just a suggestion, google MoU/agreement.
    Truth is a bitter pill to swallow. No one likes being called a snake...but that's the only way I can describe your BCCI country men. I'm sorry an opinion on the internet offended you this much.

    Also per your instructions:

    Name:  MOU.jpg
Views: 1609
Size:  25.1 KB
    Last edited by Kroll; 8th February 2018 at 18:36.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not this MOU saga again. Every Tom Dick and Harry knows PCB isn't getting a single penny out of this. Instead of spending millions on lawsuit, they should invest that into domestic cricket.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Truth is a bitter pill to swallow. No one likes being called a snake...but that's the only way I can describe your BCCI country men. I'm sorry an opinion on the internet offended you this much.

    Also per your instructions:

    Name:  MOU.jpg
Views: 1609
Size:  25.1 KB
    did you miss the part where it says

    "MOUs are not legally binding"

    PCB isnt getting anything out of this mess.


    MoU is done so is Big 3. Neither of these two exist anymore. Time to move on.
    Last edited by Kroll; 8th February 2018 at 18:42.

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,668
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    did you miss the part where it says

    "MOUs are not legally binding"

    PCB isnt getting anything out of this mess.


    MoU is done so is Big 3. Neither of these two exist anymore. Time to move on.
    I didn't miss that part but you missed post 21 before assuming like the last person that I consider MOU to be legally binding.

    Honestly, the only person who makes any sense in this MOU discussion is @USofA
    Last edited by Kroll; 8th February 2018 at 18:45.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    I didn't miss that part but you missed post 21 before assuming like the last person that I consider MOU to be legally binding.

    Honestly, the only person who makes any sense in this MOU discussion is @USofA
    Pardon our Intellectual incapacity. Can you please make your point clearer? what do you want to say? if you understand that MOU is not legally binding, what is the point taking it to court? Some MOUs are legally binding, infact even some of the oral contracts are legally binding. But the question here is where does the jurisdiction lie and who will enforce whatever the verdict is. See i can sit here and declare anyone a convict but how will i get that enforced? that is the point here. First there is no one who knows whether it is legally binding or not (most probably not as most MOUs are) and even if it is legally binding no one knows where the jurisdiction lies. even after knowing jurisdiction no one will know how to enforce whatever ruling that comes out of the court. with so many ifs and buts what is the point of this whole exercise? can't pcb spend its time improving its cricket? anyway whatever floats their boat

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,668
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    Pardon our Intellectual incapacity. Can you please make your point clearer? what do you want to say? if you understand that MOU is not legally binding, what is the point taking it to court? Some MOUs are legally binding, infact even some of the oral contracts are legally binding. But the question here is where does the jurisdiction lie and who will enforce whatever the verdict is. See i can sit here and declare anyone a convict but how will i get that enforced? that is the point here. First there is no one who knows whether it is legally binding or not (most probably not as most MOUs are) and even if it is legally binding no one knows where the jurisdiction lies. even after knowing jurisdiction no one will know how to enforce whatever ruling that comes out of the court. with so many ifs and buts what is the point of this whole exercise? can't pcb spend its time improving its cricket? anyway whatever floats their boat
    Answer this as honestly as you can...or sincerely....

    Do you think PCB is in the wrong to have this stand? Yes or No.

    I don't care if PCB goes to court and gets anything in return...I very clearly am pointing out BCCI's nefariousness in all this....

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Answer this as honestly as you can...or sincerely....

    Do you think PCB is in the wrong to have this stand? Yes or No.

    I don't care if PCB goes to court and gets anything in return...I very clearly am pointing out BCCI's nefariousness in all this....
    Bro we get it, PCB is having a Moral stand. But like me and others, we are trying to understand their goal. Are they only satisified having a moral stand or are they expecting an outcome from it? And if they expect an outcome what is the outcome that will satisfy PCB?

    What we are trying to ask is, If you’ve acknowledge that MOUs are generally not legally binding then what is it you’re expecting PCB to get from this ‘Lawsuit’?

    Don’t you think PCB are using their finances in futile lawsuit which isn’t even a lawsuit in legal term.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Answer this as honestly as you can...or sincerely....

    Do you think PCB is in the wrong to have this stand? Yes or No.

    I don't care if PCB goes to court and gets anything in return...I very clearly am pointing out BCCI's nefariousness in all this....
    what stand? stand that they need to be compensated because their enemy country (remember India is an Enemy not just rival) is not playing ball with them? Seriously, even PCB does not think they have any stand. They do it to keep themselves in the limelight and relevant. If they really thought they were wronged they would have taken a legal step. if no legal step was possible due to non binding nature of MOU they would have made the MOU public and shamed BCCI/India. Their current stand is i won't tell the whole world what we agreed upon, but take our word we were wronged and by the way BCCI is evil. If they were wronged either take it to right court or at the least to public court. So i think their current stand not only is wrong, but also irrational and stupid. They can spend all this money and effort on improving Pak cricket (which i admire by the way) which will give them more benefits and leverage

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,414
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    About the first part, every organization starts off a business with a good intention and then later on once they start growing big, money becomes their driving force. there are n number of companies that you can take as example which started off with intention to do no evil and far from it now. I completely agree that left to itself BCCI will be pestering with PCB for playing more series. If Pakistan/PCB thinks they are losing x amount of money due to no series with India, BCCI will be losing atleast 5x probably more than that.

    Regarding your point one about lack of stars, that is very much true. I love cricket, i follow most of the matches (even if i don't find time to watch all of them almost all matches live scoreboard is always open in one tab). Even for someone who is so interested in cricket and one who keeps very open mind about Pakistan (due to their past superstars), it is very difficult for me to identify their players by sight. if i am surfing channels and come across one which is showing a Pakistan match, just by glance I can identify Aamir, Shadab, Babar, Hasan ali and Sarfarz. six or seven players in the squad are completely nobodies as far as international exposure is concerned. Compare that to past when Inzi, Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib, Moin Khan, Razzaq, Saqi, Saeed, Aamer sohail, Aaqib Javed, MoYo, Younis, etc played. Most of the played together in a team making them very well known and identifiable.
    Wouldn't it be the same thing for India aswell? At a glance, fans of other countries would only recognize Kohli, Dhoni and to a certain Rohit Sharma. The rest are nobodies who haven't done anything extraordinary yet.

    The players you listed were extraordinary players in their own right. It took them a number of years to achieve that. You have already taken the name of a few players who have played very less international cricket. They have the potential to become absolute superstars in the future, which is what excites us fans about this Pakistan cricket team. On a side note, I refuse to believe you wouldn't be able to recognize Fakhar Zaman as an Indian (if you're really an avid cricket supporter).

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,609
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think BCCI is losing more money than what PCB is from this deadlock. Maybe PCB should should forgive BCCI.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    25,353
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    India has cancelled Pakistan's home series even before the current Modi administration, India owes up 3 home series atleast. There was no GOI objection to the Indian series of 2012-13 where even though it was India's turn to tour Pakistan or to play Pakistan on neutral venues, but our loser PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf accepted the BCCI demands to accept an Indian home series back then where the PCB did not get a single penny while the BCCI took all the profits. This GOI objection cannot be bought up by the BCCI whenever it comes to Pakistan's turn to host India but then the GOI objection automatically going away when it comes to the T-20 WC, ODI WC, Asia Cup, CT or an Indian home series against Pakistan.

    The fact of the matter is that the BCCI's ultimate goal is to do anything it can to prevent the PCB from injecting massive $$ in its coffers which will ultimately have an impact on everything else in Pakistan Cricket.

    The PCB is right in finally growing a pair and for doing their utmost to make the BCCI pay for everything they did to the PCB in the last 10 years. The PCB can play on so many scenario's i.e. why did the BCCI so dishonestly and in bad faith sign the MOU with the PCB and promise consideration that they knew they could not deliver i.e. not getting GOI approval.
    The GOI will object whenever they want, there is nothing ICC can do about it. Its a policy matter of a sovereign govt.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The GOI will object whenever they want, there is nothing ICC can do about it. Its a policy matter of a sovereign govt.
    The PCB can easily prove that the real issue has mostly been the BCCI deliberately wanting to avoid playing Pakistan even on most occasions when the GOI approval was not an issue and it was during those times when the Indians refused to honor their commitments to tour Pakistan or play Pakistani home series in neutral territory. As India is a member of the ICC, the ICC can direct a member cricketing state to pay compensation to another cricketing member state i.e. Pakistan.

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    974
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB can easily prove that the real issue has mostly been the BCCI deliberately wanting to avoid playing Pakistan even on most occasions when the GOI approval was not an issue and it was during those times when the Indians refused to honor their commitments to tour Pakistan or play Pakistani home series in neutral territory. As India is a member of the ICC, the ICC can direct a member cricketing state to pay compensation to another cricketing member state i.e. Pakistan.
    This seems straight forward. But why has nothing happened? Things haven't moved and inch. Where is the holdup- PCB or the ICC?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    This seems straight forward. But why has nothing happened? Things haven't moved and inch. Where is the holdup- PCB or the ICC?
    PCB has only recently started putting pressure on the ICC and BCCI to address this matter.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    3,917
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The GOI will object whenever they want, there is nothing ICC can do about it. Its a policy matter of a sovereign govt.
    Then Indian should form their own cricket council and then they can choose whoever they want to play. If you are part of ICC then you cant pick n choose opponents.

    Why do the Indian politicians dont stand up when India plays Pakistan in ICC tournuments. If they were truly brave they would have boycotted ICC Champions Trophy final.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    25,353
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    ICC for starters, courts in Dubai where ICC HQ are located. Courts in India and Court of International Arbitration in Switzerland. The objective is to make the BCCI look so bad, to go out of their way to make life very difficult and inconvenient. The ICC reversed the Big 3 model and has gone back to the original ICC model so nothing is difficult and the BCCI are not gods who can get away with everything.
    Courts in Dubai do not have jurisdiction over BCCI.

    BCCI isnt a signatory to CAS and doesnot not recognise it. For arbitration both parties must recognise the CAS.

    Yes PCB can try suing bcci in Indian courts.

    Is anyone bothered about what pcb thinks of icc?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Courts in Dubai do not have jurisdiction over BCCI.

    BCCI isnt a signatory to CAS and doesnot not recognise it. For arbitration both parties must recognise the CAS.

    Yes PCB can try suing bcci in Indian courts.

    Is anyone bothered about what pcb thinks of icc?
    The PCB can adopt the position with the iCC that either you compensate us or force the BCCI to compensate us, the choice is yours. The ICC will be subject to the decision of the courts in Dubai and the ICC can under pressure demand that the BCCI rightfully compensate the PCB.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    60
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB can adopt the position with the iCC that either you compensate us or force the BCCI to compensate us, the choice is yours. The ICC will be subject to the decision of the courts in Dubai and the ICC can under pressure demand that the BCCI rightfully compensate the PCB.
    It doesnt have any logical standing jut more and more wishful thinking. PCB will end up paying for BCCI's lawyers too.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,416
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan11 View Post
    It doesnt have any logical standing jut more and more wishful thinking. PCB will end up paying for BCCI's lawyers too.
    Is that possible in this scenario? If yes, it would be hilarious

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    974
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB can adopt the position with the iCC that either you compensate us or force the BCCI to compensate us, the choice is yours. The ICC will be subject to the decision of the courts in Dubai and the ICC can under pressure demand that the BCCI rightfully compensate the PCB.
    Why would the ICC compensate the PCB. This is a bilateral series issue. If I am not wrong, the ICC does not get involved in bi-lateral arrangements. I think it has been so for quite some time now.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    60
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Why would the ICC compensate the PCB. This is a bilateral series issue. If I am not wrong, the ICC does not get involved in bi-lateral arrangements. I think it has been so for quite some time now.
    His logic are full of absurdity. By his logic, court of dubai will compel ICC to pay PCB because BCCI has not honored the so called MOU. LOL

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan11 View Post
    His logic are full of absurdity. By his logic, court of dubai will compel ICC to pay PCB because BCCI has not honored the so called MOU. LOL
    Court of Dubai will have jurisdiction over the ICC as their headquarters are there and the ICC violating the court orders will be contempt of court.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,772
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Why would the ICC compensate the PCB. This is a bilateral series issue. If I am not wrong, the ICC does not get involved in bi-lateral arrangements. I think it has been so for quite some time now.
    The PCB can use many cards, the ICC being compromised and refusing to play its role in regulating the abusive behavior of one member country over another. The ICC forced the BCCI in 2001 to drop Sehwag for the first test match against England in 2001 after the BCCI tried to protest the Ball tampering verdicts against the Indian players.

  49. #49
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    974
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB can use many cards, the ICC being compromised and refusing to play its role in regulating the abusive behavior of one member country over another. The ICC forced the BCCI in 2001 to drop Sehwag for the first test match against England in 2001 after the BCCI tried to protest the Ball tampering verdicts against the Indian players.
    If the PCB has so many different ways to win this, why has nothing happened? This thing is 4-5 years old and still dragging. There have been statement after statement from the PCB, but zero action. This in exactly the same place now as it was when this whole ordeal started.

    But you are saying the PCB has several cards. Why are they refusing the play the cards?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,071
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This MOU issues has dragged on for ever. Just finish it already. The only thing this is affecting is PCB and Pakistan cricket. BCCI or GOI haven't been worried about any of this. Not sure why PCB needs to put themselves through this and spend loads of money on legal fees when that money can be spent elsewhere for betterment of first class/grass root level cricket in Pakistan.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,306
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know who the lawyer from PCB is? Has to be one of the top PCB officials relative. PCB is not getting a penny out of this, rather losing the fund on expensive lawyer which is particularly not a fruitful exercise.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Answer this as honestly as you can...or sincerely....

    Do you think PCB is in the wrong to have this stand? Yes or No.

    I don't care if PCB goes to court and gets anything in return...I very clearly am pointing out BCCI's nefariousness in all this....
    Mate if you're looking for a moral victory, lets say i agree what BCCI did was wrong, if that makes you happy.

    The issue here is PCB has nothing over BCCI in legal terms apart from just a piece of paper called MoU.

    If you're looking for a public shaming of BCCI, you yourself said that BCCI officials are crooks and snakes and what not. As long as Indian cricket fans are with them, they won't give a rat's behind about what Pakistanis or English or South African think about them. India and its Public's stance is clear when its about Pakistan. That message is quite clear if you observe the posts in this thread by Indians.

    If you think anything is possible as someone mentioned giving out example of BCCI being outvoted in Big3 matter. Well that was because of BCCI's own issues (Read Supreme court's appointed COA, Shanshank Manohar's revenge(kind of)). Do you honestly think any capable president like Anurag Thakur would have let others arm twist BCCI in this manner. Plain and Simple answer is NO. By hook or by crook BCCI gets it done whatever they want.

    Honestly its time to move on for PCB.

  53. #53
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,668
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    Mate if you're looking for a moral victory, lets say i agree what BCCI did was wrong, if that makes you happy.

    The issue here is PCB has nothing over BCCI in legal terms apart from just a piece of paper called MoU.

    If you're looking for a public shaming of BCCI, you yourself said that BCCI officials are crooks and snakes and what not. As long as Indian cricket fans are with them, they won't give a rat's behind about what Pakistanis or English or South African think about them. India and its Public's stance is clear when its about Pakistan. That message is quite clear if you observe the posts in this thread by Indians.

    If you think anything is possible as someone mentioned giving out example of BCCI being outvoted in Big3 matter. Well that was because of BCCI's own issues (Read Supreme court's appointed COA, Shanshank Manohar's revenge(kind of)). Do you honestly think any capable president like Anurag Thakur would have let others arm twist BCCI in this manner. Plain and Simple answer is NO. By hook or by crook BCCI gets it done whatever they want.

    Honestly its time to move on for PCB.
    Same old revisionist stuff from you..Some how all Indians justify crooked activities of their fellow countrymen and start blaming Pakistan in return. I have no respect for that. As I said earlier, don't expect PCB to get kicked up it's backside and let BCCI get away with it. BCCI will have to deal with this issue....sooner or later.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing which i have noticed- PCB officials become more vocal about this MoU saga whenever Pakistan does really bad in any series. An attempt to divert fan’s attention from real issues?

    Because rest of the times we see them giving chest thumping interviews, taking credit of successes etc.

    I may be wrong because its just an observation.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,552
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    There are three stages to this process.

    Stage 1: Can the PCB produce a document signed by a BCCI official commuting to several series?

    If no, BCCI wins.

    If yes, Progress to Stage 2.

    Stage 2: Can the BCCI produce a contemporaneous letter to the Government of India requesting permission to play Pakistan?

    If yes, proceed to stage 3.

    If no, PCB wins.

    Stage 3: Can the BCCI produce an official letter from the Gocernment of India prohibiting the series?

    If yes, ICC Disputes Committee must determine whether the written commitment is invalidated .

    If no, PCB wins.

    By the way, if the PCB does win, the ICC will remove the damages from the BCCI’s annual payment from the ICC. Everybody knows the BCCI wouldn’t write a check: the ICC would just removed the money from the BCCI’s annual welfare handout.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,454
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    There are three stages to this process.

    Stage 1: Can the PCB produce a document signed by a BCCI official commuting to several series?

    If no, BCCI wins.

    If yes, Progress to Stage 2.

    Stage 2: Can the BCCI produce a contemporaneous letter to the Government of India requesting permission to play Pakistan?

    If yes, proceed to stage 3.

    If no, PCB wins.

    Stage 3: Can the BCCI produce an official letter from the Gocernment of India prohibiting the series?

    If yes, ICC Disputes Committee must determine whether the written commitment is invalidated .

    If no, PCB wins.

    By the way, if the PCB does win, the ICC will remove the damages from the BCCI’s annual payment from the ICC. Everybody knows the BCCI wouldn’t write a check: the ICC would just removed the money from the BCCI’s annual welfare handout.
    And what if BCCI refuse to play in the world cup, how will ICC earn the "handouts" in the first place to remove money from it?


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    974
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    And what if BCCI refuse to play in the world cup, how will ICC earn the "handouts" in the first place to remove money from it?
    Exactly. An ICC product without BCCI component is valued peanuts. The ICC needs BCCI to make the $$. The BCCI does not need the ICC to make $$. Case in point - new IPL TV deal worth $2.6 Billion.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    And what if BCCI refuse to play in the world cup, how will ICC earn the "handouts" in the first place to remove money from it?
    Indians will still watch the world cup

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Indians will still watch the world cup
    Says who?

    I will not spend a dime and/or watch WORLDCUP if my team isnt playing. Im sure so man Indian fans here in Toronto will not have get together and bbq dinner if Indian team isn’t playing. Same will be the case with Pakistani fans around the globe. Remember we are INDIAN CRICKET FANS not cricket lovers. We love our team.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,454
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Indians will still watch the world cup
    There is a reason why only the Indian matches in the group stages of under 19 world cup were televised. Broadcaster didn't think many Indians would bother watching other teams play, hence wouldn't be profitable for them.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    There is a reason why only the Indian matches in the group stages of under 19 world cup were televised. Broadcaster didn't think many Indians would bother watching other teams play, hence wouldn't be profitable for them.
    Also 2007 WC was an epic fail from commercial point because India were knocked out in round one. Now, imagine If India do not play, would ICC even break even let alone make fortune?

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Says who?

    I will not spend a dime and/or watch WORLDCUP if my team isnt playing. Im sure so man Indian fans here in Toronto will not have get together and bbq dinner if Indian team isn’t playing. Same will be the case with Pakistani fans around the globe. Remember we are INDIAN CRICKET FANS not cricket lovers. We love our team.
    Lets be a bit realistic, I think the numbers would surely go down especially overseas but in India (majority) you just need a cable connection (set top box) to watch it. Not pay anything extra. Indians would tune in to watch any cricket available. They like players from other teams as well. Especially the knockout stages will draw lot of attention from Indians. Thats how it generally works. The online streaming of PSL receieved a lot of traffic from India last time. No Indian players were playing in it and it was an enemy league.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,454
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Lets be a bit realistic, I think the numbers would surely go down especially overseas but in India (majority) you just need a cable connection (set top box) to watch it. Not pay anything extra. Indians would tune in to watch any cricket available. They like players from other teams as well. Especially the knockout stages will draw lot of attention from Indians. Thats how it generally works. The online streaming of PSL receieved a lot of traffic from India last time. No Indian players were playing in it and it was an enemy league.
    Have you thought why the format of 2007 world cup has not been replicated again in any world cup after that, and why they keep on playing meaningless group matches before quarter finals, even though barring an upset or two, we all know who these quarter-finalists would be? Thats because ICC wants indian team to go deeper in the tournament and they know once indian team exits, majority of the indian fans wont bother with it, leading to heavy losses to broadcasters.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Lets be a bit realistic, I think the numbers would surely go down especially overseas but in India (majority) you just need a cable connection (set top box) to watch it. Not pay anything extra. Indians would tune in to watch any cricket available. They like players from other teams as well. Especially the knockout stages will draw lot of attention from Indians. Thats how it generally works. The online streaming of PSL receieved a lot of traffic from India last time. No Indian players were playing in it and it was an enemy league.
    Again you’re talking without any facts, let the native Indians on Pp speak for themselves. I have spend 20+ years in India and im very certain when I say we Indians dont care about non Indian matches. There are few millions maybe 5-10% of population might watch neutral matches that doesnt equates to mega success.

    As for Psl, if im not wrong, the number of viewers from India watching PSL were around 10-20K only. Heck Karnatak PL gets far more viewers than that.

    If you think, losing India would not be a problem then why was Star Sports worried about India pulling out?

    Oh what about 2007 WC? It was tagged as epic fail because of the team that got knocked out in riund one was India. Broadcaster, host, and ICC lost huge sum of money.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    There is a reason why only the Indian matches in the group stages of under 19 world cup were televised. Broadcaster didn't think many Indians would bother watching other teams play, hence wouldn't be profitable for them.
    I am talking about Indians watching other teams compete. A big proportion of Indian population will watch the world cup even without India.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,454
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I am talking about Indians watching other teams compete. A big proportion of Indian population will watch the world cup even without India.
    And I am also talking about the same. I gave you the example of under 19 world cup to demonstrate that the broadcaster didnt televise matches of other teams because they believed indians wouldnt be interested in watching them, hence they wont get advertisers and so it wouldnt be profitable for them to broadcast these matches.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  67. #67
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    And I am also talking about the same. I gave you the example of under 19 world cup to demonstrate that the broadcaster didnt televise matches of other teams because they believed indians wouldnt be interested in watching them, hence they wont get advertisers and so it wouldnt be profitable for them to broadcast these matches.
    So you are saying ICC wont find broadcasters for world cup in India?

  68. #68
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,454
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    So you are saying ICC wont find broadcasters for world cup in India?
    They will, but the new broadcaster wont be willing to shell as much for the broadcasting rights, leading to loss in the revenues for ICC. Also, the ICC sponsors who have presence in the indian market will not be interested in shelling millions of dollars.
    Last edited by LastManstanding; 9th February 2018 at 04:51.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    So you are saying ICC wont find broadcasters for world cup in India?
    They will find a broadcaster, but they will not even offer 10% of the actual price that ICC gets.

    Why would someone pay billion dollar if the local team isnt even gonna be playing?

    This is no FIFA worldcup where, most teams are financially strong. This is ICC worldcup, where literally one country bails out the rest.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Have you thought why the format of 2007 world cup has not been replicated again in any world cup after that, and why they keep on playing meaningless group matches before quarter finals, even though barring an upset or two, we all know who these quarter-finalists would be? Thats because ICC wants indian team to go deeper in the tournament and they know once indian team exits, majority of the indian fans wont bother with it, leading to heavy losses to broadcasters.
    Two things here about this post of yours :

    1) are you saying that ICC helps India in going deeper into the tournament by designing the tournament in a manner which suits India??

    2) In my opinion there were a lot of problems with the world cup in 2007, one big reason being that it was in WI. Sure India and even Pakistan not going deep into the tournament dented the commercial effectiveness of the tournament but there is more to it than that. Even the t20wc in WI was the most low profile of all t20WCs till now.

    I know India brings a lot of revenue, i have not denied that. My point is that Indians would watch the world cup regardless of India playing or not. But you said the price of broadcasting rights in India would be reduced and i think thats a valid point.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,454
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Two things here about this post of yours :

    1) are you saying that ICC helps India in going deeper into the tournament by designing the tournament in a manner which suits India??

    2) In my opinion there were a lot of problems with the world cup in 2007, one big reason being that it was in WI. Sure India and even Pakistan not going deep into the tournament dented the commercial effectiveness of the tournament but there is more to it than that. Even the t20wc in WI was the most low profile of all t20WCs till now.

    I know India brings a lot of revenue, i have not denied that. My point is that Indians would watch the world cup regardless of India playing or not. But you said the price of broadcasting rights in India would be reduced and i think thats a valid point.
    Price of broadcasting rights would go down BECAUSE Indians wont watch matches.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,454
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Two things here about this post of yours :

    1) are you saying that ICC helps India in going deeper into the tournament by designing the tournament in a manner which suits India??
    The world cup is designed in a way to minimize upsets. Bangladesh beating India in 2007 was an upset when each team played other three teams in their group. By dividing teams in two groups of 6 and 7, ICC ensure that the stronger teams would go deep.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Two things here about this post of yours :

    1) are you saying that ICC helps India in going deeper into the tournament by designing the tournament in a manner which suits India??

    2) In my opinion there were a lot of problems with the world cup in 2007, one big reason being that it was in WI. Sure India and even Pakistan not going deep into the tournament dented the commercial effectiveness of the tournament but there is more to it than that. Even the t20wc in WI was the most low profile of all t20WCs till now.

    I know India brings a lot of revenue, i have not denied that. My point is that Indians would watch the world cup regardless of India playing or not. But you said the price of broadcasting rights in India would be reduced and i think thats a valid point.
    Your claim of India will watch Worldcup even if India doesnt play is as true as Pakistanis watching IPL all these years despite their players not allowed in it.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Again you’re talking without any facts, let the native Indians on Pp speak for themselves. I have spend 20+ years in India and im very certain when I say we Indians dont care about non Indian matches. There are few millions maybe 5-10% of population might watch neutral matches that doesnt equates to mega success.

    As for Psl, if im not wrong, the number of viewers from India watching PSL were around 10-20K only. Heck Karnatak PL gets far more viewers than that.

    If you think, losing India would not be a problem then why was Star Sports worried about India pulling out?

    Oh what about 2007 WC? It was tagged as epic fail because of the team that got knocked out in riund one was India. Broadcaster, host, and ICC lost huge sum of money.
    1) yes i am not talking about facts but neither are you. I am talking based on my experience and interaction with Indians and so are you.

    2) last PSL final receievd 28% viewers from India while Pakistan came second with 22%.

    3)i didnt say losing India will not be a problem. I just said many Indians will watch it regardless especially the knockout games. Ofcourse this is debatable.

    4)2007 world cup's biggest issue was that it was in WI. Even t20wc in WI was low profile.

    5) Yes the biggest point is that the price of
    broadcast rights will get reduced and thats an issue. I acknowledge that.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    1) yes i am not talking about facts but neither are you. I am talking based on my experience and interaction with Indians and so are you.

    2) last PSL final receievd 28% viewers from India while Pakistan came second with 22%.

    3)i didnt say losing India will not be a problem. I just said many Indians will watch it regardless especially the knockout games. Ofcourse this is debatable.

    4)2007 world cup's biggest issue was that it was in WI. Even t20wc in WI was low profile.

    5) Yes the biggest point is that the price of
    broadcast rights will get reduced and thats an issue. I acknowledge that.
    Most Indians will still watch worldcup even if we dont play? Haha man you really know how to crack a joke.


    Like I said, let the actual Indians verify your claim. So far, not one Indian have actually admitted to your claim. So, I know who is talking facts and who isnt.

    Lastly, your interaction with Indians doesnt equate to entire Indian population.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    1) yes i am not talking about facts but neither are you. I am talking based on my experience and interaction with Indians and so are you.

    2) last PSL final receievd 28% viewers from India while Pakistan came second with 22%.

    3)i didnt say losing India will not be a problem. I just said many Indians will watch it regardless especially the knockout games. Ofcourse this is debatable.

    4)2007 world cup's biggest issue was that it was in WI. Even t20wc in WI was low profile.

    5) Yes the biggest point is that the price of
    broadcast rights will get reduced and thats an issue. I acknowledge that.
    Do you know why Champions League Twenty20 was shelved, despite upto 4 IPL teams taking part in it? There were too many non Indian team matches which didn't attract much audience in India.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,010
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by par View Post
    Do you know why Champions League Twenty20 was shelved, despite upto 4 IPL teams taking part in it? There were too many non Indian team matches which didn't attract much audience in India.
    It was owned by the BCCI and was more of a domestic Indian competition not a true global event. By your logic there should be no World cup or ICC tournaments because of not enough Indian teams

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    It was owned by the BCCI and was more of a domestic Indian competition not a true global event.
    That's the point. If 'a domestic Indian competition owned by the BCCI' couldn't sustain in India because it had too many foreign teams, what are the chances of a WC without India succeeding in India?

    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    By your logic there should be no World cup or ICC tournaments because of not enough Indian teams
    We are only talking about Indian audience here. A WC or ICC tournament without India may or may not be a success outside India. That doesn't matter here.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Your claim of India will watch Worldcup even if India doesnt play is as true as Pakistanis watching IPL all these years despite their players not allowed in it.
    1)What makes you think Pakistanis dont watch IPL?

    2) IPL is vastly inferior to world cup.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    1)What makes you think Pakistanis dont watch IPL?

    2) IPL is vastly inferior to world cup.

    The number of Pakistani watching IPL will be as good as India watching worldcup with no Indian team. Very minimum

    Ipl being inferior, still brings in far more revenue than Worldcup does.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •