Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 119
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,000
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Sri Lanka [222 & 226] defeat Bangladesh [110 & 123] by 215 runs to win 2nd Test; Win Test series 1-0

    Teams:

    Bangladesh (From): Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Sabbir Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahim, Liton Das(w), Mahmudullah(c), Mosaddek Hossain, Mehidy Hasan, Taijul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Naeem Hasan, Abdur Razzak, Tanbir Hayder

    Sri Lanka (From): Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya de Silva, Roshen Silva, Dinesh Chandimal(c), Niroshan Dickwella(w), Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, Lakshan Sandakan, Danushka Gunathilaka, Dushmantha Chameera, Akila Dananjaya, Lahiru Gamage

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    8,276
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This series is even more dull than India v SL. Pretty much any series with Lanka bores the viewer to death. They have no leadership thus no identity. Just a basic team that tries to play the right way.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    557
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spinners starting off the test match....

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One down already :

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    557
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mendis is a real talent

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We picked a batsman with 34 FC average over someone with a 64 FC average

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sabbir replaces mosaddek !!!!!!!!!!!

    This must be stupid sujons idea.


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL 105/4

    Razzak hits thrice..


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good session for bangladesh. They have a real chance of getting Lanka all out and batting today.

    Razzak playing after such a long time has already bagged 3 wickets today.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gotta get lanka all out within today and bat long today and whole of tomorrow otherwise we ain't winning this.

    Lankan bowlers are BETTER

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    Good session for bangladesh. They have a real chance of getting Lanka all out and batting today.

    Razzak playing after such a long time has already bagged 3 wickets today.
    Hope these are not his total wickets of this test...


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    117-6. Carnage on day 1

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how much our batsmen would do...hope they get past 250 in both innings


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too many passengers in SL team. They really need a professional batting coach along with some young promising batsmen.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Too many passengers in SL team. They really need a professional batting coach along with some young promising batsmen.
    The pitch is the reason...sl are good test team


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If sl get past 230+, it is their game


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,346
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    The pitch is the reason...sl are good test team
    Yes. This wicket is a minefield.

    I wouldn't anticipate anyone providing great results on such a wicket.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have a good match on our hands. Result by 3rd day confirmed

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,849
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think this match is going the 5 days. Bangladesh 20-3 in response to SL's 222

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such games are better than 5 day runathons... each delivery is watched with interest, any delivery can bring about a batsman's doom... bwahahahahahaha!

    The minefield!

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    We r still in the game, but one of the 3 remaining batsman has to play a blinder.

    And, Momin should be told off badly.
    Last edited by hadi123; 8th February 2018 at 20:30.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,439
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good match, result oriented minefields are much better to run fests.


    ...

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    557
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD might be in for a big trouble. Mendis played a very important innings at the top. SL immediately realized the importance of scoring runs and were quite aggressive at the start. Someone from BD will have to replicate that innings and hopefully go on to make an hundred. Liton/Mahamadulla have to bring their top game tomorrow morning. SL is quite ahead in the game. even a 50 run lead would be huge on this pitch considering that BD will have to face Herath in the forth innings on day 3

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    557
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=MMHS;9604293]We r still in the game, but one of the 3 remaining batsman has to play a blinder.

    And, Momin should be told off badly

    Runout really!!!! what is with these number three batsman and run outs.
    Last edited by hadi123; 8th February 2018 at 20:31.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A shambolic performance against a team like srilanka who just got annihilated by pak and India in their last couple of serieses. Looks like we r going back to our minnow days.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD pitch curators over compensating for the Tri series final pitch in the first Test and now over compensating for the first Test pitch in the second Test.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    557
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    A shambolic performance against a team like srilanka who just got annihilated by pak and India in their last couple of serieses. Looks like we r going back to our minnow days.
    You are confusing SL's LOI performance with test performance. SL has been pretty good test team in the last two years. They are way better than BD and even during this downturn they are slightly favorites against BD in tests.

    SL.JPG

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    Runout really!!!! what is with these number three batsman and run outs.
    He wasn't run out - I don't mind batsmen trying to change end quickly and caught short couple of inch by a direct hit ...... he was out because of strolling like a pregnant women and even then covered by at least a foot but forgot to put his bat down - should be given electric shock, so that next time he doesn't relax like this. He had been run out probably 3/4 times.

    Regarding this Series, what I realize that Hathura is using his every bt of experience of 4 years in BD (actually almost 20, he used to play lots of club cricket) in this series. Picked exactly the perfect XI both times (he knew at CTG, only chance of a win was 5 bowlers, here he has gone with 3 finger spinners on a rank turner). And, his batting strategy was spot on. Still, 222 is such a score that opponent is never out of game - even if we end 100 short, on such wickets, SRL might get bowled for 150, leaving us 250 to win.

    But, without Shakib it will be extremely tough for us to win this Test after losing toss - last 3 Tests that we won, his game was - ENG: 10 & 41 + 1/41 & 4/49; SRL: 116 & 15 + 2/80 & 4/74; AUS: 84 & 5 + 5/68 & 5/85. He has bowled at around 2.5 economy in those Test combined for 50+ overs/Test work load - we don't have a single player to cover his either contribution and he fields at 2nd slip.

    We need to fill the Head Coach's position as early as possible, because looks like it's a chaos between Halsall, Sujon (Mahmud), Walshi, Joshi & Villavaryan

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    303
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    A shambolic performance against a team like srilanka who just got annihilated by pak and India in their last couple of serieses. Looks like we r going back to our minnow days.
    This is a test match and we did manage to lose to SL in the last test series. This shows that SL are still a middling test team but will struggle against the top ranked teams.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    557
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    He wasn't run out - I don't mind batsmen trying to change end quickly and caught short couple of inch by a direct hit ...... he was out because of strolling like a pregnant women and even then covered by at least a foot but forgot to put his bat down - should be given electric shock, so that next time he doesn't relax like this. He had been run out probably 3/4 times.

    Regarding this Series, what I realize that Hathura is using his every bt of experience of 4 years in BD (actually almost 20, he used to play lots of club cricket) in this series. Picked exactly the perfect XI both times (he knew at CTG, only chance of a win was 5 bowlers, here he has gone with 3 finger spinners on a rank turner). And, his batting strategy was spot on. Still, 222 is such a score that opponent is never out of game - even if we end 100 short, on such wickets, SRL might get bowled for 150, leaving us 250 to win.

    But, without Shakib it will be extremely tough for us to win this Test after losing toss - last 3 Tests that we won, his game was - ENG: 10 & 41 + 1/41 & 4/49; SRL: 116 & 15 + 2/80 & 4/74; AUS: 84 & 5 + 5/68 & 5/85. He has bowled at around 2.5 economy in those Test combined for 50+ overs/Test work load - we don't have a single player to cover his either contribution and he fields at 2nd slip.

    We need to fill the Head Coach's position as early as possible, because looks like it's a chaos between Halsall, Sujon (Mahmud), Walshi, Joshi & Villavaryan
    That is criminal and kind of habit no one wants to see in youngsters.

    i completely agree that Hathura is using his experience of BD. There should have been some non competition agreement. even with such an a agreement you cannot stop someone from the team calling him up and getting all the game plan. So that is really tough luck for BD.

    One thing i was impressed of SL was their match awareness. Irrespective of how well one know the team and conditions it is not very easy to come up with the right combination and right approach to ensure that that knowledge is put to right use. SL in general and Mendis in particular read the game well and realized that whatever quick runs they get with the new ball would be very valuable. Mendis did the same thing during the tri-nation final. He hit something like 25+ in eight or nine balls and made the most out of any scoring opportunities that were available. Someone from BD has to do a Mendis.

    Talking about Mendis, what is your opinion about him? I know Babar has been hyped a lot on this forum but i think Mendis has skills to surpass him tests and ODI's. He has already played some clutch innings in tests and probably one break away innings in ODIs. He still seems to be sorting out his shot selection at the highest level but that is understandable as he comes with very less FC/List A experience.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    That is criminal and kind of habit no one wants to see in youngsters.

    i completely agree that Hathura is using his experience of BD. There should have been some non competition agreement. even with such an a agreement you cannot stop someone from the team calling him up and getting all the game plan. So that is really tough luck for BD.

    One thing i was impressed of SL was their match awareness. Irrespective of how well one know the team and conditions it is not very easy to come up with the right combination and right approach to ensure that that knowledge is put to right use. SL in general and Mendis in particular read the game well and realized that whatever quick runs they get with the new ball would be very valuable. Mendis did the same thing during the tri-nation final. He hit something like 25+ in eight or nine balls and made the most out of any scoring opportunities that were available. Someone from BD has to do a Mendis.

    Talking about Mendis, what is your opinion about him? I know Babar has been hyped a lot on this forum but i think Mendis has skills to surpass him tests and ODI's. He has already played some clutch innings in tests and probably one break away innings in ODIs. He still seems to be sorting out his shot selection at the highest level but that is understandable as he comes with very less FC/List A experience.

    BCB could have easily forced a non disclosure agreement (Or at least make sure that Hathura joins just after the BD tour) - simple reason is that it was Hathura who resigned, BCB didn't sack him. It was possible to block him for 3 months, but I think SLCB was so much interested in Hathura that BCB decided not to disappoint a friendly board. Besides, Hathura has served BD cricket for 4 years - such act would have been too mean really, since the guy took a pay cut to join his Country team - I am happy that BCB did keep his honor; BD cricket owes lot to Hathura.


    There is an issue already and for that Chief curator Gamini (Came with Hathura from NSW) might lose his job. Before the Triangular Final, Curator was categorically instructed not to water the central wicket much (because it was sweating enough under dew in D/N game), rather use heavy roller and burn the wicket in Sun - so that, it becomes a 300+ batting belter. Assistant curator prepared his workers accordingly, but Gamini had a long (I read more than an hour) one on one chat with Hatura at hotel lobby in his personal capacity (went without protocol) in the morning of the gap day and then asked his staffs to water the wicket in previous afternoon of the Final.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Recently I have been fed up with our cricket team. Actually not just now but since CT too.

    We keep picking mediocre players, we keep walsh in the mix and we don't have a head coach yet.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    739
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see BD beating Lanka. Sri Lanka are actually a decent test side. It's their ODI that's poor.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    83,391
    Mentioned
    844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    BD lower order has to contribute significantly here , if they want to have any chance in the game.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,519
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    Yes. This wicket is a minefield.

    I wouldn't anticipate anyone providing great results on such a wicket.
    The pitches against England and Australia at Mirpur were minefields. This is merely a sporting wicket. Nothing unplayable.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Herath is finished. Worst performance among both team

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,000
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh are 68/4 now and will need this partnership to carry on. They came close to losing the first one and things don't look good for them in the second.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,519
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    He wasn't run out - I don't mind batsmen trying to change end quickly and caught short couple of inch by a direct hit ...... he was out because of strolling like a pregnant women and even then covered by at least a foot but forgot to put his bat down - should be given electric shock, so that next time he doesn't relax like this. He had been run out probably 3/4 times.
    Momin was run out that way vs ZIM as well. His averages falls to 47 now. Needs to score big in the 2nd innings to continue his push towards 50.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Miraz looks better than Liton

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Herath is giving freebees!!! Should change him

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Can't say much about 77/5, but it's mentally disturbing for a BD fan when you see 0/27 against Herath & 3/24 against Lakmal on this wicket.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pitch is looking good for batting than yesterday!!!!

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Can't say much about 77/5, but it's mentally disturbing for a BD fan when you see 0/27 against Herath & 3/24 against Lakmal on this wicket.
    Exactly!!!! Pitch is not really that bad to bat on.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Exactly!!!! Pitch is not really that bad to bat on.
    It's not that good, but definitely not bad enough that Lakmal should run through the top order.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahamudulla special coming up

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a minefield but its painful to see Lakmal take 3 important wickets and one of our batsman making a schoolboy error.

    Good cricket would have meant we would have taken a substantial lead, instead, now we are looking to survive

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Miraz is one of the most unique night-watchman ever.

    Miraz is actually a proper allrounder. In the U-19 CWC he scored 4 crucial 50s back to back

    He is better than some of our specialist batsman

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,000
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh in deep trouble here even though Mehidy Hasan is trying to hold one end up. Sri Lanka well and truly on top. BD still 113 runs behind. Any lead will be huge on this pitch.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,000
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    BD are now 109/7 and have lost their skipper and Sabbir in one over.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    739
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor batting by BD. I expected better, this is sad

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    188
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on am I seeing this right. Aburrazzak is still playing cricket???

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    1,581
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladeshi Kohli goes for duck

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly srilanka is better team compared to bd.No surprise why pakistan lost to srilanka 2-0.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,550
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Horrible batting from BD here.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,550
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    5 wickets in 3 overs resulted in not even scoring half of what SL scored.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    looks like boys have saved weekend'd sleep I think everyone is happy here with a "result" wicket, so no issues.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,710
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you pick players like imrul, sabbir, the team the result will be like this.Rubbish looser's minnow mentality from Bangladesh.I want MD Salauddin to be the coach of our side.Shujon chacha should be shown the door.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new day but the same old Bangladesh. I can easily imagine the mental state of our fans. All of them must be fed up with this pathetic team filled with brainless players.

    We have been playing test cricket for close to 20 years and still we r losing to a team like srilanka in our own backyard on our own doctored wicket. It can't get more painful than this.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    When you pick players like imrul, sabbir, the team the result will be like this.Rubbish looser's minnow mentality from Bangladesh.I want MD Salauddin to be the coach of our side.Shujon chacha should be shown the door.
    This is what happens when a board keeps listening to the whims of its egotistical players. Hathuru was against the seniority culture that exists in our team and he was literally forced to quit the job to keep some of our useless seniors happy.

    No respectable coach would want to work with our miserable bunch who think they r some world beaters when in reality they r a bunch of mediocre players.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow. I know SL is not that bad a test side. But BD is generally good at home. This probably is a nightmare for BD fans as BD take one step forward then two steps backward.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    3,570
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pitch seems to have backfired on BD.

    They're in for a heck of a battle.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    87,202
    Mentioned
    1473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    BD have over-compensated on the pitch thing ....


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300 run lead would effectively shut BD down if pitch has issues. How did they get bowled for 110. 2 run outs i see. One guy i saw dragging a wide one on to the stump. Is the pitch bad?

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,346
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    wow. I know SL is not that bad a test side. But BD is generally good at home. This probably is a nightmare for BD fans as BD take one step forward then two steps backward.
    Losing to Srilanka is far more creditable than losing to England or Australia on such a wicket.

    SL are very good in sub-continent conditions. It would have been a big upset if BD had won.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    87,202
    Mentioned
    1473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Wickets continue to fall like rain in Dhaka on Day 2 of the 2nd Test with Sri Lanka now on 165/5 after they dismissed Bangladesh for 110; The visitors' lead stands at 277 and a result could come as early as the 3rd day #BanvSL #Cricket


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    87,202
    Mentioned
    1473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka in a commanding position at Stumps on Day 2 of the 2nd Test against Bangladesh; Roshen Silva is 58* with SL on 200/8, a lead of 312 runs; For Bangladesh, Mustafizur Rahman has taken 3/35 so far #BanvSL #Cricket


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the fact that we pick Imrul and Sabbir tells us of the thought process of our team.

    In the 00s, we would pick players who averaged in the mid 20s. I can't believe we are picking players who still average mid 20s.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,216
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    the fact that we pick Imrul and Sabbir tells us of the thought process of our team.

    In the 00s, we would pick players who averaged in the mid 20s. I can't believe we are picking players who still average mid 20s.
    Don't worry Mominul will save you guys. He was run out right?

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Don't worry Mominul will save you guys. He was run out right?
    Not even the greatest batting lineup will be able to save this match let alone our mediocre lineup. 300+ has never been chased in Mirpur, and certainly not in this pitch where 28 wickets have fallen in two days.

    And yes Mominul was technically run out

  70. #70
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,710
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    the fact that we pick Imrul and Sabbir tells us of the thought process of our team.

    In the 00s, we would pick players who averaged in the mid 20s. I can't believe we are picking players who still average mid 20s.
    Bangladeshi team management is suffering from severe nepotism.It is ruining us heavily.Sabbir and Imrul should have been dropped in all formats.Instead they are being given extended run. Mosaddek should be an automatic choice. His FC and list A record tells us the story.He is a good offie too.Shahriar Nafees should have been recalled for an extended run in the team in place of Imrul.Raqibul Hasan has been doing well in domestics too. These two are experienced, in good form.Why sticking to these mediocre batsmen?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,519
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be happy if Bangladesh puts up a good fight in the 4th innings and pushes close to the SL total.

    There is a teenie weenie chance we can chase this down. Our wins vs AUS and ENG were while defending and we were in an equally unwinnable position in both (ENG 100-0 chasing 273 and AUS 150-2 chasing 240 odd). And we're a better batting side than we are better bowling side. Would be an epic win if we do pull it off.

    If not, I just want to see Mominul hit 50+ and Tamim and Mushy to be amongst the runs. Another duck from Sabbir would be great too, especially if we manage to win the game

    Also would like to see a fiver for the Fizz and if not then him and Miraz sharing the last wickets. Forget Razzak and Taijul who have bowled crap all match long.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That lead is too much for BD. Don't think they can handle the trio of spinners from SL in the 4th inning.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,582
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL will bat as long as they can today, and build up a huge Lead !!!! With 2 more days to go, BD will just fold !!!! No earth shattering forecast here, really, just simple logic !!!!!

  74. #74
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    18,834
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Really impressed with this new Lankan batsman - how come this guy is 29+ at debut? This indicates in last few years Lankan cricket was intoxicated with politics & nepotism. Hope Hathura fixes some of those.

    340 is a near impossible target, but I hope boys approach it boldly.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamim and kayes 100 runs first wicket partnership will be good for this chase

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    16
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dravidthewall View Post
    Tamim and kayes 100 runs first wicket partnership will be good for this chase
    Tamim Gone for 2 runs.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mission impossible for Bangladesh!

    After this game,Bangladesh is going to dish out only flat tracks in the near future for their Home Test matches.

    It's nice to see Mominul attacking on this pitch. Score some good runs lad!

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Bangladeshi team management is suffering from severe nepotism.It is ruining us heavily.Sabbir and Imrul should have been dropped in all formats.Instead they are being given extended run. Mosaddek should be an automatic choice. His FC and list A record tells us the story.He is a good offie too.Shahriar Nafees should have been recalled for an extended run in the team in place of Imrul.Raqibul Hasan has been doing well in domestics too. These two are experienced, in good form.Why sticking to these mediocre batsmen?
    Because BCB don't care about our progress

    The way we start losing to Nambia and HK at regular intervals we will start realizing the mistakes

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,675
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SriLanka went to Pakistan and Whitewashed Pakistan who are, a pretty good test team

    So giving a pitch where both teams can barely last 3 days isn't going to help us.

    Its an absolute shame that we keep picking Sabbir Rahman. Sabbir Rahman is a type of player who would fit amidst the WI plethora of hacks in LOIs. But WI test side has proper batsman in the side, not some hacks. The fact that we dropped a proper batsman for a hack makes me mad.

    And we need a damn coach.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    670
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    SriLanka went to Pakistan and Whitewashed Pakistan who are, a pretty good test team

    So giving a pitch where both teams can barely last 3 days isn't going to help us.

    Its an absolute shame that we keep picking Sabbir Rahman. Sabbir Rahman is a type of player who would fit amidst the WI plethora of hacks in LOIs. But WI test side has proper batsman in the side, not some hacks. The fact that we dropped a proper batsman for a hack makes me mad.

    And we need a damn coach.
    There is an article which says that Mosaddek Hossain was dropped from test side just because he could play in the DPL. Is it true?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •