Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PML-N turns the tables on PTI in Lodhran NA-154 by-election

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Muhammad Iqbal Shah is ahead in the Lodhran by-elections having bagged around 110,993 votes, while Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Ali Khan Tareen is lagging behind with nearly 84,712 votes so far, this according to unofficial results from 330 polling stations.
    Polling got underway at 8am on Monday morning and came to a close at 5pm.
    Vote counting took place after the end of polling with foolproof security arrangements in place.

Ten candidates from PTI, PML-N and PPP contested the by-election, including the son of former Secretary-General of the PTI, Jahangir Tareen.

While Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) candidate Mirza Muhammad Ali Baig and PML-Ns Shah also contested the polls. According to the Election Commission, army personnel were deployed at 338 polling stations in the NA-154 constituency.

Deputy Commissioner Lodhran said that 4,500 security personnel were deployed at all the polling stations in the constituency. According to the figures of the Election Commission, the total number of voters in the constituency is 431,002 voters, out of which 236,496 were men and 194,506 were women.
    PML-N piled on its lead in the NA-154 Lodhran by-election as counting is still under way. A heated contest was expected between PTIs Tareen and PML-Ns Shah.
    According to the returning officer, 431,000 voters will cast their votes in the by-election.

The seat fell vacant after the apex court disqualified Jahangir Tareen for not disclosing his assets. The constituency witnessed a by-poll for the second time in the last five years.
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1633126...hran-election/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tribune were so excited that they published the article without even fixing the formatting

Anyway, this should be a wake-up call for PTI.

Looks like the Ali Tareen idea didn't work out.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th February 2018 at 17:40.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only way for PTI to win in Punjab is to buy votes on election day and promise free bijli.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inshallah Pakistan will remain a poor third world country. Pakistanis deserve it.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Khan Shahab se yehi speech karwalo har haar ke baad....

Woh chor ke bachay election pe election jeettay jain aur Khan sahab kehtay hain haar nahi mano, mayoos na ho.

He should end his politics and go live comfortable life in UK. This nation deserves to be ruled by people like Sharifs and Zardaris.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @LegendInzi

Imran Khan se kaho horr boot polisheea bannay.

Imran Khan sahib ab ISI k pairr pakrein votes k liye jinkay ishaaray pe kuch arsa se naach rahay thay.

If there are free and fair elections in Punjab IK cannot beat PML N in any case.

@Moiza @Hamza_ @Mamoon

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

Jamhooriat means jamhoor.

When you forget people (your voters) and do ISI fed press briefings and dance on their tunes than this happens.

People aren’t stupid anymore they know very well what the Sipahis & soobaydaar’s on tv were selling for 4 years.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babay Rehmattay se kaho.

Hunn araam ee ????

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    @LegendInzi

Imran Khan sahib ab ISI k pairr pakrein votes k liye jinkay ishaaray pe kuch arsa se naach rahay thay.

If there are free and fair elections in Punjab IK cannot beat PML N in any case.

@Moiza @Hamza_ @Mamoon
    As Klasra puts it, he's probably a unique case of someone who lost popularity even sitting in opposition.

Had he done nothing, just made his presence known from parliament and pressure from strong media representation, he was a prime-minister in waiting. He was an alternative people like myself REALLY wanted to come good. Pakistan needs a good opposition, and I'm afraid there's none giving that to PML-N.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

When you forget people (your voters) and do ISI fed press briefings and dance on their tunes than this happens.

People aren’t stupid anymore they know very well what the Sipahis & soobaydaar’s on tv were selling for 4 years.
    That's a good point. PML-N has successfully managed to convey their narrative of establishment against them. People clearly don't want to see or align with anyone who tows the line of agencies. They have been exposed. You see that repeatedly in elections, you saw that in public disdain for Shahid Masood...

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    جس فارنزک لیب کی ۲، ۳ سال قبل ٹیلنٹ سپوٹر پی کے پروموشن کر رہا تھا پاک پینشن پر اس لیب میں ۳ سال میں ڈی این اے ٹیسٹنگ کٹز ہی موجود نہیں ہیں۔ یہ ہے نیا پاکستان ؟

There is a thread on PP by the name of PTI performance in KPK.

I was the one who was promoting PTI in that thread. My posts still exist (hopefully). They made forensic lab 3 years ago and it is still not functional and doesn’t have DNA testing kits after _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 3 years and you send samples to Lahore.

This is “ Nayaa Pakistan “ apni jaib mein rakho issay.

Imran Khan has become Establishment’s stooge & Ilzaam Khaan without evidence. Because of his establishment toeing politics 24/7 PTI performance in KPK has been below par and promises haven’t been fulfilled.

وتعز من تشاء وتذل من تشاء

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOLz hahha establishment k sazih wali baat aj q nahi mili,anyways Ali Khan tareen choice did not work.at the end the poor people are the losers not IK.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Am glad he lost. You can't call out other parties for nepotism while yourself practicing the same.

I hope PTI will learn from this and make better decisions.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nooras crawl out of the woodwork like creatures of the night. At least they won't claim claim Sazish this time. Apparently the PTI is backed by the all powerful ISI and they are so useless that PTI lose elections like this. Well done to Nooras your theft and corruption are rewarded by the electorate.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Nooras crawl out of the woodwork like creatures of the night. At least they won't claim claim Sazish this time. Apparently the PTI is backed by the all powerful ISI and they are so useless that PTI lose elections like this. Well done to Nooras your theft and corruption are rewarded by the electorate.
    Khan sahb na forensic lab establish nahe kya and pmln has established ,jaha is k waja sa jarayam awr child rap k sharha bahut kam hoy ha balki na honay k barabr ha.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babay Rehmattay se kaho.

Hunn araam ee ????
    Baba Rehmatay ne IK ko Sadiq Ameen ki lollypop de di hai and that's all he got to show off for 2018.

It'll be interesting to see who comes second between him and Tehreek e Labaik. Afterall the new darlings of agencies have been doing quite well in past few by-elections...

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendInzi View Post
    That's a good point. PML-N has successfully managed to convey their narrative of establishment against them. People clearly don't want to see or align with anyone who tows the line of agencies. They have been exposed. You see that repeatedly in elections, you saw that in public disdain for Shahid Masood...

People like me got fooled by Ary & Samaa for sometime. They sold stuff to me and I bought it. But when you read multiple newspapers articles and when you come across multiple shows than you get to know the real picture. Than you can analyse logically and rationally.

You cannot fool all the people all the time.

Civilian Supremacy is the way forward. We have suffered immensely be it be current Balochistan situation or us losing Bengal Province.

Pakistan has to strive forward with Jamhoor and their say.

I have confronted people like @Mamoon on this very forum but I have no shame to accept that I was wrong indeed.

Also there is a Urdu forum of very few people but learned ones and that helped me massively.

I don’t believe in blind love for politicians. I don’t believe in worshipping politicians. Support need to performance based.

If ISI InshaAllah fails in engineering Khi elections than you will see Mohaajir’s voting for MQM. And it is there right and it needs to be respected.

@Slog

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk so you still do beleive that PMLN is way forward for a prosperous pakistan?? of course democracy is way forward but Expecting it from PMLN is another grave mistake one should not make.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    People like me got fooled by Ary & Samaa for sometime. They sold stuff to me and I bought it. But when you read multiple newspapers articles and when you come across multiple shows than you get to know the real picture. Than you can analyse logically and rationally.

You cannot fool all the people all the time.

Civilian Supremacy is the way forward. We have suffered immensely be it be current Balochistan situation or us losing Bengal Province.

Pakistan has to strive forward with Jamhoor and their say.

I have confronted people like @Mamoon on this very forum but I have no shame to accept that I was wrong indeed.

Also there is a Urdu forum of very few people but learned ones and that helped me massively.

I dont believe in blind love for politicians. I dont believe in worshipping politicians. Support need to performance based.

If ISI InshaAllah fails in engineering Khi elections than you will see Mohaajirs voting for MQM. And it is there right and it needs to be respected.

@Slog
    Your pretense as the reasons why you changed is getting a little tiresome. We know, move on support, who you want but new your found friends will still be corrupt tommorow as they were yesterday and today. When the history of PK is written the Sharifs will be like what we wipe of the bottom of our shoes when we tread something very dodgy.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your pretense as the reasons why you changed is getting a little tiresome. We know, move on support, who you want but new your found friends will still be corrupt tommorow as they were yesterday and today. When the history of PK is written the Sharifs will be like what we wipe of the bottom of our shoes when we tread something very dodgy.
    Our brother is expecting something from a party which is throwing its own person for the sake of family politics,his thinking is right but he is expecting it from the wrong people.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Aww. How inspirational.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As Klasra puts it, he's probably a unique case of someone who lost popularity even sitting in opposition.

Had he done nothing, just made his presence known from parliament and pressure from strong media representation, he was a prime-minister in waiting. He was an alternative people like myself REALLY wanted to come good. Pakistan needs a good opposition, and I'm afraid there's none giving that to PML-N.

And how do you feel when Klasra reveals corruption by the billions billions everyday. Is it ok to steal, shall i put the vids where he reveals Nooras have quite literally stolen bilions, is that Sazish too.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And how do you feel when Klasra reveals corruption by the billions billions everyday. Is it ok to steal, shall i put the vids where he reveals Nooras have quite literally stolen bilions, is that Sazish too.
    Corruption is there right.after all democracy jo ha lolz.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Aww. How inspirational.
    IK will never give up, he is a born winner. He made NS cry, made Dar run and has changed PK politics.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IK will never give up, he is a born winner. He made NS cry, made Dar run and has changed PK politics.
    A born winner who always loses when it comes to the elections?

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Corruption is there right.after all democracy jo ha lolz.
    And they celebrate like its an achievement to steal of the poor and the illiterate.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy that PTI has lost this election;PTI's ally,JI,is glorifying the murderers while Imran Khan considers Maulana Sami ul Haq as his mentor. This is what happens when a party claiming to change the status quo follows the plan of SCRIPT-WRITERS and openly supports the militant groups.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A born winner who always loses when it comes to the elections?
    So having the 2nd biggest party from nowhere in a corrupt system in which money and birdari dominate is not winning.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by syed abbas View Post
    Very happy that PTI has lost this election;PTI's ally,JI,is glorifying the murderers while Imran Khan considers Maulana Sami ul Haq as his mentor. This is what happens when a party claiming to change the status quo follows the plan of SCRIPT-WRITERS and openly supports the militant groups.
    I doubt that even 1% of the voters today knew about it .It is all about a plate of biryani ....

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If ISI InshaAllah fails in engineering Khi elections than you will see Mohaajirs voting for MQM. And it is there right and it needs to be respected.

@Slog
    Not sure about that tbh.

MQM is having a real bad time and has too many factions even without establishment interference

Signs are looking good these days that they are self destructing

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Aww. How inspirational.
    He really is an inspiration and charismatic!

I feel bad for Noonies and Nawaz Sharif in that sense

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Baba Rehmatay ne IK ko Sadiq Ameen ki lollypop de di hai and that's all he got to show off for 2018.

It'll be interesting to see who comes second between him and Tehreek e Labaik. Afterall the new darlings of agencies have been doing quite well in past few by-elections...
    PML-N are poster boys of these agencies

#MPGA

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    He really is an inspiration and charismatic!

I feel bad for Noonies and Nawaz Sharif in that sense
    Maybe NS needs a bigger Paarchi.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about that tbh.

MQM is having a real bad time and has too many factions even without establishment interference

Signs are looking good these days that they are self destructing
    lolz,They are in the self destruction mood now.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I doubt that even 1% of the voters today knew about it .It is all about a plate of biryani ....
    How convenient lol...When Jahangir Tareen won this seat it was tabdeeli. When you lose the same seat from the same voters, its biryani plate, punjabis are donkey eaters, rigged elections etc etc...

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, a by election win by the sitting govt is being hailed as the greatest win of the 21st century.

This tells you the nervousness in the ranks of N league, how much pressure they feel about the upcoming competition.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How convenient lol...When Jahangir Tareen won this seat it was tabdeeli. When you lose the same seat from the same voters, its biryani plate, punjabis are donkey eaters, rigged elections etc etc...
    It was just for fun but the first sentence was right,,is not it,,how many knows this???

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    So, a by election win by the sitting govt is being hailed as the greatest win of the 21st century.

This tells you the nervousness in the ranks of N league, how much pressure they feel about the upcoming competition.
    If pti take some good decision and work on increasing on their vote bank and bringing good candidates then they can really give these thugs hard time.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Disaster for PTI

I pray for the day that we find a good opposition party that makes little comprises with its motto, types of party members, consistent and pragmatic polices.

Imran Khan is honest and sincere but his way of handling party decisions has been a PR disaster

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Inshallah Pakistan will remain a poor third world country. Pakistanis deserve it.
    Lols, another fair weather PTI fan, when the going get’s tough start blaming People who actually are living in Pakistan. And once he sees a glimpse of hope he will run back...

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing result for PTI but this is not the time to throw up hands and give up. PTI has to do a lot more to get the voters on its side. General elections are around the corner so hopefully they will learn from past mistakes.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Defeating a sitting party that uses corruption as a normal tool is always going to be hard. The problem is a practical one, the govt have money to spend, they can repair gullies or bring gas etc. An opposition has to just wait for a chance and then show what they can do.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Defeating a sitting party that uses corruption as a normal tool is always going to be hard. The problem is a practical one, the govt have money to spend, they can repair gullies or bring gas etc. An opposition has to just wait for a chance and then show what they can do.
    Oh please, you do know that PTI had won this seat in 2015 on a by-election with 40,000 votes lead when the same PML-N was ruling. Accept the failure, you are embarrassing yourself. Have a good night's sleep

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh please, you do know that PTI had won this seat in 2015 on a by-election with 40,000 votes lead when the same PML-N was ruling. Accept the failure, you are embarrassing yourself. Have a good night's sleep
    Yes we lost to corrupt thugs who steal from the poor. Oh dear read this from the auditor General. I bet you will run like you always do. I dare you to explain
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1387057/ir...uditor-general

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh dear maybe the 300bn wasnt enough for your daddies, how about this. Thieves ruling slaves
    Just look at this extract

"It further disclosed Rs42.7 million were lost in various cases of fraud, embezzlement, theft and misuse of public resources"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribu...ounts/%3famp=1
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 12th February 2018 at 21:05.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If IK stole a penny i would publicly calling for his hanging. Will you do the same for NS and SS.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great sazish from the establishment...oh wait

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some of the comments are so amusing, people are saying Pakistanis have rejected "moroosi syaasat"

Really? What happened in NA120 where a man disqualified on corruption charges gave ticket to his wife who went overseas before the elections and won it without even campaigning for a minute.

What happened to Moroosi syaasat, corruption charges etc?

Fact is Pakistanis don't think care about corruption or dynastic politics, it's all about small scale Councillor level development work, cash incentives, biryanis etc

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see PMLN supporters so pumped up, hope we see them in all threads discussing their leader's politics now

I have heard that there were some local issues relating to sugarcane farmers which probably contributed to loss, hopefully this can be sorted out before general elections.

Also, let's suppose people of Pakistan have rejected dynastic politics, this is a GREAT news for Pakistan then. Next time awaam will reject Maryam Nawaz, Hamza Shahbaz, Bilawal Bhutto, Asifa Bhutto etc and this is best news for Pakistan.

I think PTI supporters should welcome this result, force the leadership not to promote dynastic politics and other party supporters will do same, i am sure no one will support dynastic politics going forward

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, just to notify people who think "Pakistani voters have rejected dynastic politics", bhai itni awareness hoti tou rona kya tha". PMLN winning candidate is father sitting MPA from Lodhran, other brother is Vice Chairman in Lodhran.

It's all about development funds, billions have been given to MPAs/MNAs which is working in their favour and this is not even a secret and not unusual either but this time they are spending lot more to minimise Panama effect.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shows again you have NO IDEA about politics and this makes absolutely ZERO sense.

I wish awareness levels are high where average voter can punish agents of agencies, corrupt, jahil and gangsters but THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

If people were so much aware, why would they elect biggest pawn of agencies in our history Nawaz Sharif THRICE?

Ok forget Nawaz, how did PMLQ become MAJOR force when it was clear they were Musharaff's party?

Fact is people vote based on petty things like Biraadri, zaat, work in local streets, gutters etc without looking at bigger picture or ideology.

Also, we hear this non sense about agencies interfering in EVERYTHING, how did they let Jahangir Tareen disqualify and even lose this election when he was called establishment agent by all of your leadership?

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

Sure people aren't stupid? If they really aren't then why would they vote for a completely clueless and jahil Khadim Rizvi as opposed to PPP?

Khadim's candidate got twice as many votes as Bhutto's PPP.

Don't tell me tomorrow that society has no problems when they turn out in millions supporting murderer like Qadri or support Mashaal's killers.

Politics is different but mentality plays huge issue, people have wrong priorities which hurts them.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    Am glad he lost. You can't call out other parties for nepotism while yourself practicing the same.

I hope PTI will learn from this and make better decisions.
    Exactly.

Surprising result for sure. Still, the ruling party is always the favorite to win a by-election. PML-N supporters should not gloat over this too much. I think PTI will come back strong when there is a level playing field.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    With just 6-7 months to go for a possible election it makes sense to vote for the ruling party so that funds can be diverted towards the constituency in the time period.

However this is a disappointing result.

I wasnt a fan Ali Khan Tareen running in the constituency eventhough he has done work for PTI there and is well known there.

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    good to see some life breathed into Nooras though

they had been comatose for a year

#MPGA

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    With just 6-7 months to go for a possible election it makes sense to vote for the ruling party so that funds can be diverted towards the constituency in the time period.

However this is a disappointing result.

I wasnt a fan Ali Khan Tareen running in the constituency eventhough he has done work for PTI there and is well known there.
    Actually, only 5 months left. Elections are very close.

It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Actually, only 5 months left. Elections are very close.

I won't be surprised if they dissolve the assemblies soon after Senate elections. NAB cases outcome is also expected soon and PMLN wouldn't want the outcome to influence election results.

In short, not much time left in elections.

Only good thing is PTI as an opposition party in Punjab will have a say in caretaker setup which should reduce rigging if not totally stop it.

All PTI needs to do is educate people about impacts of corruption in their lives, the word "CORRUPTION" is so much used that average person doesn't care and don't know what it really means. This is why it's easy to say "Kuch khata hai tou lgaata bhi hai". They just need to be told how serious that "Kuch khata hai" part is and how it impacts everyday life.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the biggest setbacks the PTI has suffered since its formation. The fact that the PML-N didn't do much campaign and no PML-N leader held any public gathering in Lodhran and still the PML-N has won by a massive margin is shockingly worrying. It is a trailer of what to expect in the GE 2018.

I expect the PTI to perform worse than GE 2013 in Punjab. It is evident that Nawaz Sharif has been able to galvanise large sections of the masses about the injustice done to him due to his disqualification by the apex court by constantly and emotionally chanting "Mujhe Kyu Nikala." The disqualification has further strengthened the party and its political worker are deeply incensed and want to help out their party by casting their votes at any cost.

Another example is the recent by-election in Chakwal where Nawaz Sharif's party won by an even bigger margin compared to GE 2013. The PTI's future looks grim.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    One of the biggest setbacks the PTI has suffered since its formation. The fact that the PML-N didn't do much campaign and no PML-N leader held any public gathering in Lodhran and still the PML-N has won by a massive margin is shockingly worrying. It is a trailer of what to expect in the GE 2018.

I expect the PTI to perform worse than GE 2013 in Punjab. It is evident that Nawaz Sharif has been able to galvanise large sections of the masses about the injustice done to him due to his disqualification by the apex court by constantly and emotionally chanting "Mujhe Kyu Nikala." The disqualification has further strengthened the party and its political worker are deeply incensed and want to help out their party by casting their votes at any cost.

Another example is the recent by-election in Chakwal where Nawaz Sharif's party won by an even bigger margin compared to GE 2013. The PTI's future looks grim.
    I am honestly not surprised that PTI is going through a declining phase. On top of Nawaz Sharif's emotional chanting, and PTIs lack of grassroots level politics, I feel like PTI has lost a lot of firm supporters, including myself, who have been left disappointed, and I am now personally on the fence.

First of all, it went against PTIs values to give Ali Tareen a ticket on his father's seat. Even if he was deserving, it presents a wrong image. Second of all, the fact that PTI is taking in electables and turncoats goes against their original appeal factor, which was that they were the one clean party, free from corruption.

Thirdly, while I recognize all the work PTI have down against corruption, and for KPK, I am really uncomfortable with PTI being so close to mullah parties. First they formed KPK government with JI, and they gave KPKs education portfolio to them which has resulted in the KPK cirriculum going back to the age of Zia ul Haq. Now he has made an alliance with Sami-ul-Haq. Both JI, and Sami-ul-Haq were part of the protests against the arrest of the culprits in the Mashal lynching case.

While I recognize that things like corruption are a HUGE issue in Pakistan, and Imran Khan has genuinely fought corruption, I feel that bad policy is an even bigger problem. How can we trust PTI to run the country when they made a HUGE blunder in KPK by giving JI the education portfolio? Who is to say that PTI won't form a government with MMA, and hand them the education portfolio for the entire country? It is irresponsible decisions like these that are far more dangerous than corruption. The educational reforms that JI have done have the potential to create another 1980s generation for Pakistan. PTI basically gave JI full liberty to undo the good work done by the previous government on educational reforms. The fact that PTI did not even oppose these reforms means that if KPK produces another 1980s generation, PTI will be fully responsible for it.

PTI has done so little against extremism, in fact they have propped it up. On top of giving JI full liberty to dictate the syllabus on KPK, PTI have done absolutely nothing to regulate the syllabus of madrassahs. Under PTI, madrassahs are still counted as regular schools despite the fact that graduating from a madrassah will not get you a job anywhere. There is no form of regulation of their syllabuses, and all madrassahs recieve government madrassahs, including Taliban madrassahs.
    Last edited by hussain.r97; 13th February 2018 at 07:35.

It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ^On top of the above.

After the 2013 elections and repolling, instead of getting together and doing their job as an opposition party, PTI spent most of the time crying 'dhandlee' in the streets. Instead of crying in the streets, why did they not advocate for electoral reforms through more appropriate channels? PTI should have spent this term being a strong opposition party, holding the government to account and rallying the rest of the opposition around them. Their performance in the national assembly was extremely poor, and unfortunately they have been counterproductive in the efforts to create a strong culture of democracy in Pakistan. Instead of playing by the rules and focusing on a stong performance, PTI constantly looked for alternative ways to get to power, and Imran Khan has resorted to low level name calling and mud slinging. PTI should have set the example for politics based on policies rather than populist rants rants against corruption.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sun will rise again! I expect better in the general elections tbh.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post

I wouldn't call it biggest setback since it's formation. Yes it is a surprise loss but very little to do with Nawaz Sharif's stance or dynastic politics or anything like this.

This is MAINLY because of PMLN groups getting together ignoring their differences. Kanju group in Lodhran won Lodhran seats independently beating both PTI and PMLN easily and later joined PMLN. They had their differences which they resolved to defeat common opponent (Tareen) and gave ticket to one of their own group (sitting MPAs father who had good reputation).

This has nothing to do with ideology and even Tareen won because if his influence rather than PTI ideology, his opponent Siddique Baloch had bad reputation as compared to current one.

PTI on the other hand upset one of their MPAs who wasn't allowed to go on stage as there were already too many people mostly from outside Lodhran.

So it is a setback but not all lost as candidate selection and process in selection will make a big difference. Problem is those who don't get ticket will leave PTI whereas PMLN adjusts them somehow in women reserved seats, senate, local bodies etc

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Waseem after all it was badly managed by PTi and @hussain.r97 is right in saying many things above.Many reasons that some people who loved to be part of pti are either leaving or taking no interest.
    But again people should also see what this PMLN has done in eradicating extremism and poverty?

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Waseem after all it was badly managed by PTi and @hussain.r97 is right in saying many things above.Many reasons that some people who loved to be part of pti are either leaving or taking no interest.
    But again people should also see what this PMLN has done in eradicating extremism and poverty?
    I agreed about organisation problems, selfie group goes on top of stage leaving local leaders feeling insulted and it has happened before.

What i said is the overall voting isn't done on party lines or ideology hence dynastic politics and Mujhay kyun nikala factor didn't matter much. It was all about local groups uniting against other group which is very common in rural constituencies.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to believe that anyone with a functioning brain actually supports these crooks. I don't care whether someone supports PTI or not but it really is scary seeing people support NS/AZ.

Perhaps they support them because they share the same common goal i.e corruption.

PAKISTAN

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    I agreed about organisation problems, selfie group goes on top of stage leaving local leaders feeling insulted and it has happened before.

What i said is the overall voting isn't done on party lines or ideology hence dynastic politics and Mujhay kyun nikala factor didn't matter much. It was all about local groups uniting against other group which is very common in rural constituencies.
    Check out the videos in the following link https://www.geo.tv/latest/181489-na1...ran-byelection

They elected this guy. He said they are padaeshi Muslim leagee, Muslim League will win here and Muslim league made Pakistan. Than he requested his party leaders to finish off the corruption at lower level. Man he has high expectations.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What I have feared is now coming true. People misunderstand why some people vote in Pakistan. In the urban areas PTI should do well. It will do well in KP. It will fight in places like Lahore (probably wont win but will fight) it may even pick up some seats in balochistan. Its go no chance in Sindh. It will probably win in defence karachi but thats it. It has zero chance in central and North punjab.

Why hasn't the leadership looked at fighting an election and trying to win it? Either they completely boycott the whole process and begin a campaign to overhaul the whole system or just learn to play the game and change the system once they have got in. I prefer the former. I just think the PTI need to change their tactics. You cannot ebat the PMLN at this dirty game. Its time to change the rules. They drag you down to their dirty level and nobody can beat them there!!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    What I have feared is now coming true. People misunderstand why some people vote in Pakistan. In the urban areas PTI should do well. It will do well in KP. It will fight in places like Lahore (probably wont win but will fight) it may even pick up some seats in balochistan. Its go no chance in Sindh. It will probably win in defence karachi but thats it. It has zero chance in central and North punjab.
    why?

also i think it has chance to pick 5+ seats in karachi if they dont do mess-ups like last time.

#MPGA

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Where are you bro, what happened? A few questions and you ran like Usain Bolt

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    But PTI along with Army and Judges was doing Saazish!

And that old PMLN uncle distributing 2000 rupees per person, among the people in the queue...

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    But PTI along with Army and Judges was doing Saazish!

And that old PMLN uncle distributing 2000 rupees per person, among the people in the queue...
    I wanted a reply on the article thst quoted the billions stolen by the Nooras. He ran very quickly when asked to explain the theft.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Vast majority of poor rural voters sell their votes for the most minor short term benefits. Democracy is the biggest sham in Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @LegendInzi

@Moiza @Hamza_ @Mamoon
    Do you honestly believe that Imran Khan will do that ?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Vast majority of poor rural voters sell their votes for the most minor short term benefits. Democracy is the biggest sham in Pakistan
    You’ve hit the nail there.
    I’m not sure democracy can work in Pakistan, not until corruption is brought down and the the poorer are educated.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    You’ve hit the nail there.
    I’m not sure democracy can work in Pakistan, not until corruption is brought down and the the poorer are educated.
    Corruption is there in any form of government. As long as Humans have ambition, it will lead to greed and to corruption. expecting it to be wiped out is unrealistic. Controlling is the only option

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4785 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk

PTI fully deserves this humiliation. The son of na ahal crook JKT looses miserably - what could be the reasons?

The people are not fools; they could see through the five years of relentless campaign to down the federal government. A government that was not allowed to operate with peace even for three months at a stretch.

The perennial media blast with its "Goebellian Propaganda", charges of being a traitor, three hundred zillion corruption and rigging issues, Go Nawaz Go, Siege One, Siege Two, our co-savior Qadri, Rizvi and then the exalted Dr. Shahid Masood. Nothing worked; the government did not topple, and the democracy that has been preserved since 2008 continues to thrive.

Democracy is not a scam because they did not vote for the party that I want them to vote for, and thus the illiterate masses must be educated so that they can vote for the party I want.

There is only one major reason for Pakistan's political turmoil - intervention of the military and the forces that have not allowed civilian governments to complete their terms prior to the Zardari era. These shortcuts and short-term solutions have not taken the country anywhere. We need to strengthen and preserve our democracy - Nawaz, Zardari, Bilawal, Imran etc. have no significance in the long-term. They will not be around after 50 years, but Pakistan will.

Pakistan is on the right track with two democratically elected governments completing their terms in succession. The precedence has been set and this must continue. If it does, I guarantee you that 20-25 years down the line, we will be in a much better position. However, if we persist with our old ways, we will not make any progress.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4785 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    On a further note, it appears that PTI is trying hard to seal its fate with Fawad Chaudhry (who 18 months ago stated that Bani Gala is swarming with drug addicts) and Murad Saeed (who holds a fake degree) as their spokesmen.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh dear maybe the 300bn wasnt enough for your daddies, how about this. Thieves ruling slaves
    Just look at this extract

"It further disclosed Rs42.7 million were lost in various cases of fraud, embezzlement, theft and misuse of public resources"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribu...ounts/%3famp=1
    If the PTI deserved its humiliation you deserve crooks like this. Is this the democracy you are on about. Isnt the CM your current favourite. Who is to blame for this theft, is it the PTI or IK. Why hasnt any investigation started? Maybe you can explain as your friend did a runner.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    On a further note, it appears that PTI is trying hard to seal its fate with Fawad Chaudhry (who 18 months ago stated that Bani Gala is swarming with drug addicts) and Murad Saeed (who holds a fake degree) as their spokesmen.
    I see your fav Klasra is explaining the success of the Sharifs