Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 54 of 54
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,323
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Talent Spotter : Muhammad Musa

    A profile of the highly-rated pace bowler from Islamabad, Muhammad Musa, who impressed with his recent performances in the 2018 Under-19 World Cup and who many believe has a bright future in the game.


    Name:  GettyImages-902402966.jpg
Views: 5862
Size:  91.1 KB


    Full name: Muhammad Musa Khan

    Date of Birth: August 28, 2000

    Major teams: Pakistan Under-19s

    Batting style: Right-hand bat

    Bowling style: Right-arm fast-medium


    Interest in Cricket

    Our family moved to Islamabad about 15 years ago from Chitral and I was interested in cricket like any young person of my age and started playing cricket when I was in school. I had complete support from my father and my family as they are all great fans of the game, but other people in the area thought that cricket was not a proper profession and were against my playing cricket for a living. But, my move into proper cricket came when my cousin who was a club player himself told me that I had real talent and that I should play in a proper cricket club.


    Playing Club Cricket for Islamabad Gymkhana Cricket Club

    At the age of 16 in 2016, I joined the Islamabad Gymkhana Cricket Club. I was always interested in bowling fast and when I first bowled at the club I didn’t know much about what length to bowl at and so bowled some short deliveries and hit one batsman on the ribs and another on his helmet; the coach quickly took the ball away from me and asked me to go easy with that type of bowling.


    Disappointment playing in the North Zone District Under 19 team

    I was selected for North Zone District Under 19 team after trials in 2016 but I was not given a chance to play in the first inter-district game. I was so disappointed at this point that I was literally in tears as I thought I had no chance in the future. My coach in the team tried to comfort me and told me that I should not worry about this temporary setback as he felt that I had a bright future ahead of me. I was not to have much success with the North Zone team as I managed to take just one wicket in the one game I was asked to play. At this point, I was justifiably starting to lose hope of playing for the regional Under 19 team. But I carried on working hard with the expectation that this would help me go further.


    Promotion to playing regional Under 19s

    I was invited to take part in Regional Under 19 trials and I bowled with all my strength to scare a few batsmen. The selectors looked at my bowling and said that my selection was a must and I suppose my career took off from that point. In the Regional Under 19s stage, in 9 matches during the Inter-Region Under-19 One-Day and Three-Day tournaments, I had 28 wickets to my name which was a phenomenal start for me.


    Unable to get a game for Pakistan in the ACC Under-19s Asia Cup, 2016

    My success in the Inter-Region games lead for me to be called for a camp at the NCA where I was selected for the ACC Under-19 Asia Cup which was held in Sri Lanka in late 2016 but unfortunately I was not given an opportunity to play in this tournament which was very disappointing. But I made a promise to myself that if selected again, I would make sure that I had enough performances under my belt that they would not ignore me like this.


    Change of fortune in the ACC Under-19s Asia Cup, 2017

    I was selected for the next instalment of the Under-19 Asia Cup which was held in November of 2017 and as I had hoped, I was asked to play in all 5 games that Pakistan played, where I took 9 wickets at an economy rate of 3.71. This made me the highest wicket-taker for Pakistan Under-19s in this tournament. I cannot describe in words the happiness I felt in representing Pakistan and also for being the highest wicket-taker for my side as I felt that all my dreams had come true and I had fulfilled the promise I made to myself before.


    Thrill of taking part in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup

    It was an amazing experience taking part in a tournament like the U19 World Cup. Representing one’s country is always special but being in the World Cup was truly amazing. As for our performance, well it was disappointing as we felt that we were doing really well until we played against India in the semi-finals and lost. Of course, the Indian batsmen played well but then our bowlers had the ball in their hand to take wickets and our batsmen also had our bats in hands to score runs, yet we failed. I feel that our batsmen should have done better and made a match of it. Win or loss is part of the game, but we should have fought all the way but sadly we didn’t. I don’t think we were under any pressure or felt fearful as a bowling unit but personally speaking, it was the opposite for me. I was filled with enthusiasm and fire to succeed against India but in the end, I let my feelings get the better of me and bowled without direction, giving away far too many runs. Obviously, the World Cup was a great opportunity for me to show my true worth to the team, but I failed to take this opportunity and that is disappointing. Hopefully, I have learnt my lesson and will be more mature in my approach in the future.


    Praise from Rahul Dravid

    We were very fortunate that at the end of the semi-final game, the Indian Coach and former batsman, Rahul Dravid spoke with one of our players, Shaheen Shah Afridi. Unfortunately, I was already in the team bus when this meeting took place but Shaheen told me that Rahul Dravid praised both of us, saying that we were excellent bowlers and in the upcoming 3-4 years, we will become even more successful.


    Role Models

    The two fast-bowlers who I have always been impressed by and whom I admire a lot are Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar. I have watched videos of their bowling for hours and still watch them today. These bowlers have done wonders for our country and I would like to do the same for Pakistan one day, God Willing.


    Pace and wicket-taking deliveries

    During the ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup, I managed to bowl close to 147Kph which was amazing. I asked the officials and some experts about my bowling and specifically about any issues with my bowling action or run-up as I want to make sure everything is perfect with my bowling and they all told me that I was fine. These experts also said that if I continue bowling like this, I had the potential to increase my pace even further within one year. I have full faith in myself to achieve better speed with my bowling and God Willing will show more improvements in the future. In terms of wicket-taking deliveries, I feel that the bouncer is my most effective weapon and one that can get me wickets. Apart from that I can bring the ball into the batsman which can cause problems for him and also result in inducing false shots.


    Future Aspirations

    I understand that I need to work very hard as playing Under 19 cricket is not the goal as a cricketer. The real aim is to play for my country in the senior team and to fight as hard as my body allows to make sure that Pakistan win. I am hoping to continue improving my bowling skills and if I get a chance to play in more Under 19 and Pakistan A matches, I will show everyone what I am capable of. Playing in first-class cricket is another goal for me and hopefully, if selected for one of the teams, I can put in good performances and then be noticed by national selectors. No first-class team has spoken to me yet but then these things happen quicker when one has some connections which unfortunately I don’t at the moment. However, I have full faith my own abilities and hopefully such opportunities will come my way soon.
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th February 2018 at 10:03.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,323
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His spell against India in the semi:



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,960
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Height?? i think he is on the shorter side.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,120
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From Chitral? We had know-it-alls supposedly telling us he's from Afghanistan.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,737
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Doesnít give much confidence to me, because I feel guy is around 23 - and thatís not enough quality for that age to cut at international level. Havenít played a single FC game yet, therefore earliest he can be considered is after 2019 WC - not sure he has enough left in that learning curve.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,553
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Doesnít give much confidence to me, because I feel guy is around 23 - and thatís not enough quality for that age to cut at international level. Havenít played a single FC game yet, therefore earliest he can be considered is after 2019 WC - not sure he has enough left in that learning curve.
    I would have agreed with you regarding Musa's age if he was from Punjab or Sindh. But he is from the northern KPK. Many young kids are well built and look old for their age in that part of the world

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Doesnít give much confidence to me, because I feel guy is around 23 - and thatís not enough quality for that age to cut at international level. Havenít played a single FC game yet, therefore earliest he can be considered is after 2019 WC - not sure he has enough left in that learning curve.
    Looking at his face he doesnt look more than 20 years old max. Also its not the same system of 7, 8 years old when much aged players were playing in u19.

    Many of the top performers were dropped from the U19 team becasue of them being overaged. So I dont think age is that big an issue now, yes some players like ROhail Nazir might be 18-19 rather then 16 but its not like any one of them is 23-24.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Runs
    119
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Met him in Melbourne, definitely U19 - Very much so on the shorter side but then again can still grow - i was comparing him to Asrhad and Shaheen coming in.. hit's the pitch very hard and has a long run up.

    Great guy though, @Abdullah719 please get us an interview with Arshad Iqbal, i really rate him.

    my favourite player by far was Suleman Shafqat, nicest guy.


    If you runs fast.. you bowls fast. - Rawalpindi Xpress.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,247
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ddlR View Post
    Met him in Melbourne, definitely U19 - Very much so on the shorter side but then again can still grow - i was comparing him to Asrhad and Shaheen coming in.. hit's the pitch very hard and has a long run up.

    Great guy though, @Abdullah719 please get us an interview with Arshad Iqbal, i really rate him.

    my favourite player by far was Suleman Shafqat, nicest guy.
    Arshad Iqbal is next on our list - not too long to go


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,189
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems like a decent bowler. Just don't give him to Aaqib Javed.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,247
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ddlR View Post
    Met him in Melbourne, definitely U19 - Very much so on the shorter side but then again can still grow - i was comparing him to Asrhad and Shaheen coming in.. hit's the pitch very hard and has a long run up.

    Great guy though, @Abdullah719 please get us an interview with Arshad Iqbal, i really rate him.

    my favourite player by far was Suleman Shafqat, nicest guy.
    He is 5' 9


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,432
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He has what i call the saucer seam which is fine for reverse swing but makes it hard to move the new ball consistently.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,737
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I probably face the biggest challenge here in PP regarding age of PAK players, which I find really surprising, because time & again being proved to be the fact. Couple of years back, again in that U19, I wrote that Zeeshan Malik looks promising, but looks over aged as well, and there was massive reaction...... bone test, naya zamana, changing time, macho genetics ......everything came that time also - now someone is telling that, guy is 5 years more than even what I predicted.

    Anyway, in recent times, I felt Saud is the only kid may be genuine or almost genuine - otherwise it's between 3 to 7 years (no, I am not talking about Ifti or "Sad" Altaf), which is massive, massive for U23 level. It doesn't matter if a 29 years old pretends to be 23, but if a 23 years old becomes 19 - everything changes, because of the learning curve. I don't know much about the genetics, or what testing tools they use; but I my filter - Imran debuted at 18 and 3 years later he came 2 inch taller ... Aquib Javed debuted at 16 & buy 29 he shortened by an inch. Result is, after a career treating injury Iran came back at 33 and became No. 1 bowler in Test at 35, Aquib retired from FC cricket by 31.

    This kid bowls at 145KM, and bowls well as 1st change, can bat as well - previous guy like him, by the name of Abdul Razzak debuted for PAK at 17 (& expired by 30). And, there has been enough of Shadab's age, but that hardly matters because of being a leggi, who matures with age and probably reaches pick by 29 - 2/3 years in teens or early 20s hardly matters, but not for fast bowling all-rounders. My personal assessment is that this Musa "kid" is in between 23-25 and still hasn't make it to FC level, therefore he won't develop much, whereas some posters are thinking opposite because of his Pushtun gin, just the way Mujeeb is 16 & Rashid is 18 for their Pashtun gin, this guy also might be 18, therefore he has 5 years to develop and should serve PAK for a decade.

    I hope I am wrong & I genuinely wish every bit of success for the "kid".

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,341
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I was impressed with the effort of this lad in the World Cup.

    He looked like the sort of bowler who can bowl a heavy ball and his bouncer was sharp.

    I just feel he needs to develop his variety a bit more and of course find a first-class team.



  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,960
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS i can bet on this that this boy is not younger than 23 years old.
    Shahin shah looks to be 19 .
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th February 2018 at 23:45.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gill looks so confident against him even at 140+. it is quite impressive. That drive was majestic

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I probably face the biggest challenge here in PP regarding age of PAK players, which I find really surprising, because time & again being proved to be the fact. Couple of years back, again in that U19, I wrote that Zeeshan Malik looks promising, but looks over aged as well, and there was massive reaction...... bone test, naya zamana, changing time, macho genetics ......everything came that time also - now someone is telling that, guy is 5 years more than even what I predicted.

    Anyway, in recent times, I felt Saud is the only kid may be genuine or almost genuine - otherwise it's between 3 to 7 years (no, I am not talking about Ifti or "Sad" Altaf), which is massive, massive for U23 level. It doesn't matter if a 29 years old pretends to be 23, but if a 23 years old becomes 19 - everything changes, because of the learning curve. I don't know much about the genetics, or what testing tools they use; but I my filter - Imran debuted at 18 and 3 years later he came 2 inch taller ... Aquib Javed debuted at 16 & buy 29 he shortened by an inch. Result is, after a career treating injury Iran came back at 33 and became No. 1 bowler in Test at 35, Aquib retired from FC cricket by 31.

    This kid bowls at 145KM, and bowls well as 1st change, can bat as well - previous guy like him, by the name of Abdul Razzak debuted for PAK at 17 (& expired by 30). And, there has been enough of Shadab's age, but that hardly matters because of being a leggi, who matures with age and probably reaches pick by 29 - 2/3 years in teens or early 20s hardly matters, but not for fast bowling all-rounders. My personal assessment is that this Musa "kid" is in between 23-25 and still hasn't make it to FC level, therefore he won't develop much, whereas some posters are thinking opposite because of his Pushtun gin, just the way Mujeeb is 16 & Rashid is 18 for their Pashtun gin, this guy also might be 18, therefore he has 5 years to develop and should serve PAK for a decade.

    I hope I am wrong & I genuinely wish every bit of success for the "kid".
    All teams should do what BCCI is doing. Mandatory wrist test for U16

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,952
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    From Chitral? We had know-it-alls supposedly telling us he's from Afghanistan.
    They claim everything west of the Indus as part of Afghanistan.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,952
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was being called a trundler by the PP experts and then he ran in and delivered an entire over in the 142-145 range. I hope he keeps improving and makes his mark, he will only regress if left in our domestic structure. Also he has a spectacular name.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,120
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    They claim everything west of the Indus as part of Afghanistan.
    No, they were claiming he was from current Afghanistan.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,176
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Age Experts - Unless you know him personally, please avoid making as.s-umptions!

    Actions/Speed/Seam experts - Why are you not in the team?

    Height Experts - The speeds he is already bowling at, I don't really care if he was 5' 5''...world's best bowler (in opinion of most modern day greats) was pretty much his height as well and we all know what sort of a career he had!

    Phuphay Kutni Type Posters - Go eat a sabz mirch or payaz or something, we don't need your demoralizing opinions :-)

    I wish him best of luck and may he grow to be well over 6 feet tall and reach speeds of 100 MPH to just shush this negative crowd of ACC's!


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,737
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    All teams should do what BCCI is doing. Mandatory wrist test for U16

    Without wrist Test, you can make 90% correct prediction, if you are honest. However, that's not required actually - ICC doesn't bother so why should you bother? My point was regarding over aged players performing against kids & people running high horse after that.

    Previously (say 80s & 90s), even older players played at U19 level, but that didn't hurt PAK cricket much, because of Imran Khan's scouting mantra. He knew (so did Wasim & Javed), that there is a factor of 3 to 7 years - he factored that in his selection. If you carefully notice, each of his picks were officially U23 at debut - for fast bowlers, it's actually U19. Give a try - Aquib 16, WY 17, Wasim 17, Ata 18, Mohsin Kamal 19, Zakir 18, Jafar 19, Maqsood Rana 18 .... for batsmen & spinners, he stressed it to 23 - Anwar 22, Sohail 23, Inzi 21, Zahid Fazal 18, Malik 19, Muztaba 19, Mushi 18, Akram Raza 21 ...... 10-12 years at highest level, by 30 years are gone, for batsmen/spinners may be few more years. Now, you don't need to million $ bone density test for this. Now, it's hurting - because PCB has taken debut age to official 25+, by the time they should reach peak (29), becomes Sohail Khan.

    Musa Khan's performance for a 19 years old is exceptional; for a 23 years old it's below per against inexperienced batsmen. If this is his peak, I can write it here - he won't have a decent FC career.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Without wrist Test, you can make 90% correct prediction, if you are honest. However, that's not required actually - ICC doesn't bother so why should you bother? My point was regarding over aged players performing against kids & people running high horse after that.

    Previously (say 80s & 90s), even older players played at U19 level, but that didn't hurt PAK cricket much, because of Imran Khan's scouting mantra. He knew (so did Wasim & Javed), that there is a factor of 3 to 7 years - he factored that in his selection. If you carefully notice, each of his picks were officially U23 at debut - for fast bowlers, it's actually U19. Give a try - Aquib 16, WY 17, Wasim 17, Ata 18, Mohsin Kamal 19, Zakir 18, Jafar 19, Maqsood Rana 18 .... for batsmen & spinners, he stressed it to 23 - Anwar 22, Sohail 23, Inzi 21, Zahid Fazal 18, Malik 19, Muztaba 19, Mushi 18, Akram Raza 21 ...... 10-12 years at highest level, by 30 years are gone, for batsmen/spinners may be few more years. Now, you don't need to million $ bone density test for this. Now, it's hurting - because PCB has taken debut age to official 25+, by the time they should reach peak (29), becomes Sohail Khan.

    Musa Khan's performance for a 19 years old is exceptional; for a 23 years old it's below per against inexperienced batsmen. If this is his peak, I can write it here - he won't have a decent FC career.
    And may I ask how do you know 23 is his real age? All your posts in this thread are based on assumptions or you have some real info?

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    No, they were claiming he was from current Afghanistan.
    The way have trained Afghani cricketers in our domestic and academies for years I guess they wanted to give a gift of good gesture and when they couldnt find anything they said this U-19 guy playing in your team was born at our place.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,737
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    And may I ask how do you know 23 is his real age? All your posts in this thread are based on assumptions or you have some real info?
    It's my feeling - hardly matters, you don't need to buy that. If you are sure that he is U19, it's good for him (& PAK) - as I said, kid is exceptional for a 17 years old - by 2027 WC, he'll be 26, should be at his prime and that WC is likely to be in SAF or AUS, perfect condition for his type. I wish, I'll be there to see his thunderbolts.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Without wrist Test, you can make 90% correct prediction, if you are honest. However, that's not required actually - ICC doesn't bother so why should you bother? My point was regarding over aged players performing against kids & people running high horse after that.

    Previously (say 80s & 90s), even older players played at U19 level, but that didn't hurt PAK cricket much, because of Imran Khan's scouting mantra. He knew (so did Wasim & Javed), that there is a factor of 3 to 7 years - he factored that in his selection. If you carefully notice, each of his picks were officially U23 at debut - for fast bowlers, it's actually U19. Give a try - Aquib 16, WY 17, Wasim 17, Ata 18, Mohsin Kamal 19, Zakir 18, Jafar 19, Maqsood Rana 18 .... for batsmen & spinners, he stressed it to 23 - Anwar 22, Sohail 23, Inzi 21, Zahid Fazal 18, Malik 19, Muztaba 19, Mushi 18, Akram Raza 21 ...... 10-12 years at highest level, by 30 years are gone, for batsmen/spinners may be few more years. Now, you don't need to million $ bone density test for this. Now, it's hurting - because PCB has taken debut age to official 25+, by the time they should reach peak (29), becomes Sohail Khan.

    Musa Khan's performance for a 19 years old is exceptional; for a 23 years old it's below per against inexperienced batsmen. If this is his peak, I can write it here - he won't have a decent FC career.
    His current peak in terms of pace is more then 98% of the test bowlers produced by some test playing countries, dont wanna name any. Even bowling of India if we take it a decade back only one or two bolwers might have had touch this pace.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    It's my feeling - hardly matters, you don't need to buy that. If you are sure that he is U19, it's good for him (& PAK) - as I said, kid is exceptional for a 17 years old - by 2027 WC, he'll be 26, should be at his prime and that WC is likely to be in SAF or AUS, perfect condition for his type. I wish, I'll be there to see his thunderbolts.
    You could have said 19 but why exactly 23? One pr two years can be managed but saying the guy is 6 years older then his current age in current era pf cricket is a little exaggeration in my opinion. Lets see how he develops, pace is cruical but many other things are required to make it big internationally.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,737
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    His current peak in terms of pace is more then 98% of the test bowlers produced by some test playing countries, dont wanna name any. Even bowling of India if we take it a decade back only one or two bolwers might have had touch this pace.
    Only fools think that fast bowling is all about what it's clocked in speed gun. Anyway, at 17 he is better than 98% of one country, by 25, he should be better than 98% of most countries - I am definitely interested.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    It's my feeling - hardly matters, you don't need to buy that. If you are sure that he is U19, it's good for him (& PAK) - as I said, kid is exceptional for a 17 years old - by 2027 WC, he'll be 26, should be at his prime and that WC is likely to be in SAF or AUS, perfect condition for his type. I wish, I'll be there to see his thunderbolts.
    Many young cricketers come and go after playing U-19 world cup.

    I guess Rahul Dravid said it perfectly that real test starts now. May it be Musa, Hasan, Shaheen or Gil, Afif Hussain etc

    But Afif has got a good oppurtunity as he has been selected for T20 series by Bangladesh. Looks a really good talent.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Only fools think that fast bowling is all about what it's clocked in speed gun. Anyway, at 17 he is better than 98% of one country, by 25, he should be better than 98% of most countries - I am definitely interested.
    Exactly speed is just a good trait to have but its not all what bowling os about. I was not talking about his skills being better, just pace being more.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,952
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As per some experts every Pakistan u19 player is 25+ and every India/Bangladesh player is 15


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    As per some experts every Pakistan u19 player is 25+ and every India/Bangladesh player is 15
    don't know about BD, but BCCI tests every U16 players scientifically. BCCI has the most stringent overage checking among all the boards in Asia where this problem persists. So yes, all Indian players are under 19.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,247
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Pakistan must not overlook young talent like this.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,247
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan must not overlook young talent like this.
    Am glad he has been included alongside SSA.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,702
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Am glad he has been included alongside SSA.
    Do you know anything about Arshad Iqbal?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,579
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arshad Iqbal can be better than Musa in England.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,247
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Do you know anything about Arshad Iqbal?
    Yes a lot.

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...r-Arshad-Iqbal


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks decent, pacy.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,702
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    No, Iím basically wondering why he isnít in the camp along with his team mates Shaheen and Musa.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,294
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lion hearted kid!
    Will probably become the first decent player from Islamabad.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  41. #41
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,550
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ataullah

    Who will he play for in QeA?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,471
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    @ataullah

    Who will he play for in QeA?
    I haven't seen his name in any squad unfortunately.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,550
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    I haven't seen his name in any squad unfortunately.
    That's what I thought too, but wondered if I had missed something.

    The likes of Nasim Shah, Hasnain and Arshad Iqbal have all found teams, so I would be very surprised if Musa misses out especially as he has taken part in national team/NCA camps.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,485
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    @ataullah

    Who will he play for in QeA?
    He’s been signed by SNGPL.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,471
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    He’s been signed by SNGPL.
    Yes just seen that squad posted today. Would be great to see him alongside Shaheen Shah Afridi

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,550
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    He’s been signed by SNGPL.
    Thanks. They have finally given the official squads!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,471
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    @ataullah

    Who will he play for in QeA?
    He's not been picked.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,323
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Musa was called up to the Pakistan team training camp for the Asia Cup today. Bowled in the nets.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,323
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    he's not been picked.
    He's in SNGPL squad.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,550
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Musa was called up to the Pakistan team training camp for the Asia Cup today. Bowled in the nets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He's in SNGPL squad.
    Correct.

    He didn't play in the first round though, but instead played the inter-region U19 three day tournament. Took 2-16 in the second innings.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,550
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Musa was called up to the Pakistan team training camp for the Asia Cup today. Bowled in the nets.
    Do you know if anyone else was called up?

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    4,037
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is also musa khan in u19 squad i think he is selected for u19 asia cup

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,323
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Do you know if anyone else was called up?
    Nope. Just saw this news on social media.

    By the way, quite disappointed to see him in the SNGPL team, considering the other pacers in the squad. Don't see him playing a substantial number of matches, though he might get a look in considering the bizarre scheduling which is likely to enforce rotation.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,550
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Nope. Just saw this news on social media.

    By the way, quite disappointed to see him in the SNGPL team, considering the other pacers in the squad. Don't see him playing a substantial number of matches, though he might get a look in considering the bizarre scheduling which is likely to enforce rotation.
    Same. It's a similar situation with Arshad Iqbal and WAPDA. They should have gone to weaker departments/regions where they would get actual game time.

    Re the part in bold, I actually think this is the silver lining of the jam-packed schedule; a lot of the teams in the past have prioritised "seniors" and refused to play their "juniors" but this schedule forces the issue as it were.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •