Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    The difference between the sides Pakistan played and India played is immense.
    Only Faf (lost 1st ODI inspite of 100) and miss firing De Cock is missing ...still SA lost today, who else you wanted today ?
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 13th February 2018 at 19:27.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    Not really...Also it could have been 2-1 in SA favor a game where Amla bhai choked big time
    They got massacred in 4 matches just by two spinners two batsmen. But for rain it would have bee 5-0

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    They got massacred in 4 matches just by two spinners two batsmen. But for rain it would have bee 5-0
    Yes...I was talking about the Pakistan series win

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkyawar View Post
    Man SA have the longest tail in the history of cricket
    India have the longest tail which starts with Rahane at 4.

ATM B kumar is the best of the lot

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Congrats to India.

Thoroughly outplayed the South Africans.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wonder what is the correct depiction of things

- Is this Indian team one of the most superior in history with all bases covered i.e. batting, bowling, fielding and a level of professionalism, confidence, self belief and swagger being the top paid cricketers in the world never ever seen before?

- Is this South African team one of the weakest in history with no where near the same quality and class of the previous South African teams? Even the Pakistani team after a humiliating bashing against India were able to beat this South African team in the CT. I recall Darry Cullinan once mention in an interview in 2014 that the future of South African Cricket just did not look bright even though the side had a peak Dale Steyn, A B Devilliers, Morne Morkel, some Kolpak players and his reasoning was that the quality of players in the U-19 team, A team and in domestic cricket were just not up to par and were underperforming. I believe what he was mentioning was true and is showing up today.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post

- Is this Indian team one of the most superior in history with all bases covered i.e. batting, bowling, fielding and a level of professionalism, confidence, self belief and swagger being the top paid cricketers in the world never ever seen before?

- Is this South African team one of the weakest in history with no where near the same quality and class of the previous South African teams? Even the Pakistani team after a humiliating bashing against India were able to beat this South African team in the CT. I recall Darry Cullinan once mention in an interview in 2014 that the future of South African Cricket just did not look bright even though the side had a peak Dale Steyn, A B Devilliers, Morne Morkel, some Kolpak players and his reasoning was that the quality of players in the U-19 team, A team and in domestic cricket were just not up to par and were underperforming. I believe what he was mentioning was true and is showing up today.
    India won not because of an extraordinary team , but because of extraordinary performances of 4 guys plus Rohit this time. Rest of the team are not even in Bangladesh level.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you may, but the Indians are going to be handful in the WC !!!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Not even close. Sehwag/Sachin/Gambhir/Kohli/Yuvraj/Raina/Dhoni It is hard to match that line up. But these two leggies are a revelation.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India has an extremely average LOI team. i am actually surprised that they are winning. They have a better Test team

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will get answer, when same SA team plays well vs other teams including AUS due next.
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 14th February 2018 at 02:24.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    India has an extremely average LOI team. i am actually surprised that they are winning. They have a better Test team
    Please do tell me a better ODI team other than England?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    The problem is , India is playing the old classical ODI . Secure start and accelerating at the end. In India's case , the top 3 has to do both. While other teams have power players coming later. So in a slog fest , India is way behind.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    If you go by performance India thoroughly deserves No 1 team tag. But if you look at how they are doing it, you know it is not sustainable. India is basically three batsman + three bowlers + a reliable WK. Results notwithstanding would you trust them to deliver this way consistently over a period of time? Would you be confident entering a big ICC tournament with this team? So they are currently just average team which are producing excellent results due to highly talented individuals.

By the way England LOI team is overrated. I would take Aus/India/Pak and even improved SL over them any day.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa deserve to loose the series. I am surprised they will not loose by 6-0. Pitches like this will never help them to win against subcontinent team. Even Afghanistan is favorite to win series against them in these spin pitches.
    Had these test series played on these type of pitches India would have won 3-0 and couple of them with innings victory.
    South Africa have never answer to spin, they can onlyu play either on flat or fast bowling pitches.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India look the outright favorites for 2019 World Cup... scary stuff!!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic stuff from SA. Brilliant stuff from India. Who would've thought Sa would be this abysmal against spin

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    India look the outright favorites for 2019 World Cup... scary stuff!!
    If it was held next month. One year is a long time in Intl Cricket.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    If it was held next month. One year is a long time in Intl Cricket.
    India need some more time to fix middle order owes, not ready for WC yet !

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Later this year there is a Tri series in SL along with Ban. Bully them and Dhoni can rest easy.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    wow totally missed this!

Congrats India

only SL left to win in SA now

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    wow totally missed this!

Congrats India

only SL left to win in SA now
    Bangladesh already has?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    South Africa deserve to loose the series. I am surprised they will not loose by 6-0. Pitches like this will never help them to win against subcontinent team. Even Afghanistan is favorite to win series against them in these spin pitches.
    Had these test series played on these type of pitches India would have won 3-0 and couple of them with innings victory.
    South Africa have never answer to spin, they can onlyu play either on flat or fast bowling pitches.
    You don't get the kind of bounce Rabada and Morkel were getting on spinning pitches.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic team chosen for t20 series.Whats teh point in playing established players in t20,no one cares who wins that.

T20 team should have all new players who are potential entrees into ODI side -
    Vijay shankar
    Rahul
    Thampi
    Ishan kishan
    Samson
    Axar
    etc etc

The sole goal of t20 matches leading to w19 should be find players for lower middle order and alternative option to hardik pandya.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those who r blaming the pitch and calling it a spin friendly pitch have lack of understanding about cricket. Ask ashwin or jaddu to bowl on the same pitch and they will severely struggle there.

Fact is top class wrist spinners don't need dustbowls to spin the ball. They can spin the ball almost on any surface.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Pathetic team chosen for t20 series.Whats teh point in playing established players in t20,no one cares who wins that.

T20 team should have all new players who are potential entrees into ODI side -
    Vijay shankar
    Rahul
    Thampi
    Ishan kishan
    Samson
    Axar
    etc etc

The sole goal of t20 matches leading to w19 should be find players for lower middle order and alternative option to hardik pandya.
    If they pick kids who might then perform which will lead to pressure on the hacks and oldies in the odi team Kohli and his lackey don't want that.