User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Hardik Pandya cost India dearly at the 2019 World Cup?

Poor with the ball and a total back with the bat.

He can give performances here and there, but when attacked, especially on flat decks, he may cost India heavily.

His bowling is gun barrel straight. Not good to be a 5th bowler. And also not reliable as a batsman.

Tbh, India has a poor middle and lower order.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole middle order.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too early to say as WC 19 still relatively long enough away for Pandya to be dropped if keeps failing. But Pandya was excellent in England so doubt he'd be a liability.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top order and the bowling unit looks solid but the middle order is awful. Need to inject some fresh blood in

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    He has to improve bowling lot - otherwise, it's better to play 6 batsmen and 10 make-shift overs. Has taken 2 vital wickets today though in 1st 2 overs.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya already shutting up the critics.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky that Ab gifted him wicket and now he will play next 2 - 3 series on today's bowling performance.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolz.. Bowling consistently in 140's and took 2 key wickets. For Indians, this series is not important, they are working on the best combination as well as giving enough practise to the potential players. So, I dont think Pandya will cost the Indians, he is just getting read for the next year.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Pandya already shutting up the critics.
    Read the OP again. OP has already mentioned Pandya will perform here and there but he is not reliable. Even Stuart Binny used to perform here and there but that doesn't mean he was a genuine all rounder.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Read the OP again. OP has already mentioned Pandya will perform here and there but he is not reliable. Even Stuart Binny used to perform here and there but that doesn't mean he was a genuine all rounder.
    I’d hardly call taking AB’s wicket a “performance”. Just a loose shot from AB.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fast bowling allrounders are rare teams need to nurture them & give them longer run.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    This is ODI cricket sir. Most of the batsman do play loose shots and gift their wickets.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is an investment. He is just 24. When he realises his strengths and responsibilities in the team, we can expect him to be more consistent. Good fielder and striker of a ball. Just needs more game sense. Expect him to improve.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try watching a few more cricket matches till you start understanding the game better.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    Try watching a few more cricket matches till you start understanding the game better.
    One word to describe it - fluke. Could have happened to any bowler, no skill there from Pandya.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Pandyas fault or AB fault for playing loose shot?
    There is possibility Pandya forced him to play a loose shot

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wasn't in reference to the OP otherwise I would have probably quoted it, but to usual knee jerk reactions that were taking place in some threads.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I really want to see Fahim Ashraf smacking him for three sixes in an over soon. Maybe the Asia cup will be when my wish is fulfilled.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Lucky that Ab gifted him wicket and now he will play next 2 - 3 series on today's bowling performance.
    A bowler who has figures of 9 overs 30runs 2 wicket .in a cruical game will stay in team

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    A bowler who has figures of 9 overs 30runs 2 wicket .in a cruical game will stay in team
    I hope team management looks at the overall performance of Pandya on this tour as opposed to his 2 wkts in today's match. Even Raina used to get wickets here and there. Pandya is just a part time bowler who will complete his full quota of overs 4 out of 10 times.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One word to describe it - fluke. Could have happened to any bowler, no skill there from Pandya.
    Thats why you need to watch more cricket and try to understand the game better.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I really want to see Fahim Ashraf smacking him for three sixes in an over soon. Maybe the Asia cup will be when my wish is fulfilled.
    Let's hope. I hope it doesnt happen the other way round

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope team management looks at the overall performance of Pandya on this tour as opposed to his 2 wkts in today's match. Even Raina used to get wickets here and there. Pandya is just a part time bowler who will complete his full quota of overs 4 out of 10 times.
    It is not necessary that he should perform superlatively in every game he plays. No player ever does.
    In this tour Pandya has done better than tourists like Rahane, Dhoni and Jadhav.

His performance in the first test, both with bat and ball, when everyone else was collapsing around him, itself speaks of his potential.

And then there's his performance at the CT. He may have even single handedly won us the final, if not for that hack Jadeja.

India's entire middle order is weak, but Pandya is one who has the potential to come good if given a few chances.
    Last edited by gani999; 13th February 2018 at 19:12.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him 20 more ODIs, he is very talented, and fast learner. His athleticism is bonus. His fielding has done some damage to oppositions alone. It's his first SA tour, he gets lots of benefit of doubt.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His fielding made invaluable contribution in this series. Pandya has a killer instinct. Give him sometime, he will come good. He showed every bit of potential in every facet. Today he is touching more than 140 in his 6th over. Even kohli, rohit come to the party in their 3-4th year.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will come good.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    As of the fourth ODI, his average speed was 130 kph. He doesn't get movement like Kumar either so it's clear that he has some ways to go before becoming a proper bowler.

Faheem is no world class allrounder either but unlike Pandya, he isn't hyped as the next Imran Khan.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You cannot replace Pandya who is the lone all rounder. A fast bowling all rounder is like gold dust. You cannot trash them that easily.

Pandya can bat bowl and also field exceptionally. He contributes to the team in one way or the other. He is only 23. I am sure he will come good.

Pandya is not the problem in this team. Its the No.4, 5 spots that is the weakest link in this Indian team. Ideally Pandya should come at No.7 and occasinally at No.5 when team needs huge hits.

Replace Iyer/Karthik/Jadhav with Raina & Rahul.