Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You clearly aren't 'enjoying yourself on a [insert day of the week] night in [insert name of city match is being played in]'

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1566 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Every chance he gets he just keeps bigging up SA and acting like Pakistan have next to no advantage in this game.

"As Geoff Boycott always says - what will the socre look like if you add 2 wickets?" - well Keppler to be honest leading by 15 runs with 5 wickets in hand still gives Pakistan a pretty big advantage!

"Pakistans advantage is significantly reduced due to batting last on this pitch" - well Keppler to take advantage of a last day picth your spinners need to stop bowling ful tosses and actually use the flipping pitch!

Yes OK i shouldnt get carried away and there is still a lot of cricket left in this match - but anyone with an ounce of cricket knowledge can see Pakistan has a pretty strong advantage in this game MashAllah!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Its unfamiliar territory for him and for the South African team.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, our commentators almost never stand up and defend the team.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen Ramiz Raza praise the Pak players too much,but yes Kepler is in a different league

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Agreed. even chisty was better sometimes, need danny morrison to light up the commentary

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Johannesburg, SA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kepler is a terrible commentator. In the studio discussions on SuperSport, he provides some good insight and analysis. He should rather stick to doing that. Would rather have HD Ackerman there, he provides a good balance between analysis and commentary.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just woke up and he is at it again, just a never ending tirade. Yes we know South Africa are the best team Wessels please just shut up or talk about something else.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL @ trying to brush ball tampering under the carpet. "Make of that what you will... anyway, this changed ball doesn't seem to be reversing for the South Africans". Funny guy.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Worst.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    The Moon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He always makes excuses when SA were getting owned in the 1st test and never credited Pakistan. Now with this tampering, he has just gone quiet. Imagine if Pakistan was the one doing something fishy, he would not have shut up for a few series.

Have you ever been to heaven at night?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He was the first one to call it on air. The Faf gouging of the ball with the zipper. Might be biased but was fair on this one.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Kepler Wessels: Awfully biased commentary

All the South African commentators are so obsessed with the rankings and statistics all the time! I guess they mentioned it about 36 times that Jacques Kallis has taken his 200th catch. To be fair to them, commentators nowadays are in general very biased from all countries, but the South African commentators take the cake for this competition. I remember the lowness in their tone when Pakistan won the ODI series there this year.

I remember Robin Jackman saying that "They have bowled very badly to him" when Virat Kohli got to his half century in the first innings of the first Test match; and yesterday Pommie Mbangwa saying that "The best way to survive this hostile bowling would be to get to the other end", and this he said when India were 150 for one.

Does anyone here remember Ravi Shastri´s reaction of punching the air in delight in the commentary box when Ajinkya Rahane ran out Faf du Plessis?

Shaun Pollock is pretty good though and he is my favourite commentator right now alongside Andrew Strauss and Shane Warne.

To end with, I suddenly come to remember a gem from Jackman from the last match which was something like:

"And Dale Steyn hits the last ball of the match for a six so that we can die wondering all our life that why they didn´t try it a bit earlier." There´s nothing wrong in what he said, but the frustration of having to see his team settle for a draw was quite telling on the faces of all their commentators.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    All the South African commentators are so obsessed with the rankings and statistics all the time!

I remember Robin Jackman saying that "They have bowled very badly to him" when Virat Kohli got to his half century in the first innings of the first Test match; and yesterday Pommie Mbangwa saying that "The best way to survive this hostile bowling would be to get to the other end", and this he said when India were 150 for one.
    Well, most commentators talk crap so I won't single out SA commentators as a whole. Jackman & Mbangwa take it to new level at times but you got to remember, the audience is home crowd. It's meant for them. First time I watched 30 overs of SA-Ind match and I liked Dravid's/Polock's commentary. They were good to hear.

If you are a SA fan then there was every reason to feel frustrated by the way last 3 overs was played. Commentators are human as well and they do support SA.
    Last edited by Buffet; 27th December 2013 at 17:34.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In terms of overall biased commentators, Indian ones are by far the most biased.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetic View Post
    In terms of overall biased commentators, Indian ones are by far the most biased.
    And English and pakistani are most neutral.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    798 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Re: Kepler Wessels: Awfully biased commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Energetic View Post
    Agreed. It's a tie between Saffers and Indians. But if I get paid as much as Ravi and Sunny do, I would be biased as well. Don't hate the playah, hate the game.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak commentators are neutral, even during the home series of Pakistan against SA sometimes only Kepler and Haysman were in the box, there was no impression like commentating only for "PAK audience". One reason is that; 2Ws and Ramiz are easy going un biased fellas and Ahtar--- the potential one--- will not be any different.
    Last edited by amax; 27th December 2013 at 18:06.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. In India, Shastri and Gavaskar very biased, but it's well documented that that is what they get paid for. Amongst SA, Kepler is the really bad one.

Worst for me is the 9Sports team. Love their commentary, but SO MUCH BIAS!

Examples from this ashes:
    Clarke is the best batsmen in the world
    Talking about Johnson like no one has ever bowled 145 before or does so currently

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    Agreed. It's a tie between Saffers and Indians. But if I get paid as much as Ravi and Sunny do, I would be biased as well. Don't hate the playah, hate the game.
    Harsha Bhogle is the most annoying one. He always says to his players "special", "gifted" etc but doesn't say such things to opposition players.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Johannesburg, SA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kepler Wessels: Awfully biased commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Well, most commentators talk crap so I won't single out SA commentators as a whole. Jackman & Mbangwa take it to new level at times but you got to remember, the audience is home crowd. It's meant for them. First time I watched 30 overs of SA-Ind match and I liked Dravid's/Polock's commentary. They were good to hear.

If you are a SA fan then there was every reason to feel frustrated by the way last 3 overs was played. Commentators are human as well and they do support SA.
    Pretty much this.

When Clarke walked to the crease earlier, one of the Aussie commentators said "in comes the best batsman in the world and the best player of spin for a long time". Now the player rankings and many people will probably disagree with that.

Anyway Wessels has toned down a bit and has been more unbiased during this series.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kepler Wessels always has to eat his words

I always think he makes a joke out of himself.

Remember this

https://island-cricket.com/news/sril...dilshan?page=1

Wessels said that even SL A cant beat SA and A got smashed within 4 days.

Now Wessels said that Rohit Sharma would never suceed in SA and guess what , he scores a 100.

I hope for SA sake ,he does not say SA will win a semifinal this time around.Needs to shut it
    Last edited by UN talkz; 14th February 2018 at 12:18.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    chill.
    dont go around looking for things to be offended or outraged at.

#MPGA

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    chill.
    dont go around looking for things to be offended or outraged at.
    Not outraged mate.Just my opinion

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1 hundred in ODI by rohit doesn't mean he succeeded. 90% of the time he got owned by South African bowlers and looked like a tailender. If you don't believe me watch all the matches(tests and ODIs) he has played in South Africa.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    All the South African commentators are so obsessed with the rankings and statistics all the time! I guess they mentioned it about 36 times that Jacques Kallis has taken his 200th catch. To be fair to them, commentators nowadays are in general very biased from all countries, but the South African commentators take the cake for this competition. I remember the lowness in their tone when Pakistan won the ODI series there this year.

Does anyone here remember Ravi Shastri´s reaction of punching the air in delight in the commentary box when Ajinkya Rahane ran out Faf du Plessis?

Shaun Pollock is pretty good though and he is my favourite commentator right now alongside Andrew Strauss and Shane Warne.

To end with, I suddenly come to remember a gem from Jackman from the last match which was something like:

"And Dale Steyn hits the last ball of the match for a six so that we can die wondering all our life that why they didn´t try it a bit earlier." There´s nothing wrong in what he said, but the frustration of having to see his team settle for a draw was quite telling on the faces of all their commentators.
    In first day of 2nd Test 2013,India were 180-1 with vijay and Pujara on crease.After the first day of that test,Pommie along with some other commentator Whined nonstop for about hour about the pitch being flat.

Mike Haysman used to be biased but seems to be improved a lot nowadays.
    Last edited by Savage; 14th February 2018 at 17:15.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Worst commentator around

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one beats the New Zealand commies in being biased

Excellence should not be an act,it should be a habit.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mike haysman is actually worse. I used to like him around 2003 ish but then i realised he was extremely sarcastic. I remember there was news about Waqar making a comeback to the Pakistan squad before the Jeet lo Dil series and Haysman on Ten Sports actually said that Waqar was a young guy at only 32 years of age and he should easily make it back. Now that i think back, i guess he knew Waqar was around 5 years older and was just trolling.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Haysman and Pommie are worse than Kepler, both act like cheerleaders of SA team instead of commentating !

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like him tbh. There are worse commentators in the world.