Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you take a step back and take a look he is perfectly allowed to respond the way he responded. If some random neighbour made a crass joke about you, you don't want the whole world to tell you how to respond to it. These are off field incidents. He can do whatever he wants. We are living in a world where religious jokes somehow hurt people and go after the comedians. But when someone personally attack you he can't even respond to it the way you want to without whole world judging you?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming to the tweet, that was completely unnecessary from Ashwin. He should have some respect for his captain's idol.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Grab the ear with the right hand or with the left, its the same thing.
    Actually this a case of you grabbing a leg and calling it the ear.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Done Ashwin

And to those on here trying to act all holier than thou ... all bets are off when someone gets personal.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Not accusing Ashwin of fixing but his team's owner was betting illegally.

And I said his social IQ was low cause he thinks what he said was joke and not an outright low level insult.
    The whole thing is nonsense where 2 adults can't behave appropriately for their age ashwin could have used something a bit less harsh and gibbs didn't need to body shame, my only problem was people somehow claiming csk were involved in match fixing which they clearly were not.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibbs dug his own grave, most have forgotten his fixing past...just one stupid tweet of him brought back his dirty past to limelight. Biggest loser in this Gibbs himself, who started it. Don't get personal with anyone Gibbs, Throwing stone from glass house stuff #LessonsLearnt
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 20th February 2018 at 03:43.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    You mean 6-3 or 7-3... SA is yet to win 4 games.
    lol. yea. my apologies

#MPGA

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of them have posted idiotic comments. Any public figure should think twice before saying such dumb controversial things on twitter.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin acted like a loser here.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Leaving aside Ashwin's hypersensitivity, thing to note here is that doing actually illegal thing and selling your country for few bucks never leaves you. Its like a badge of eternal shame. Any troll or angry person can take you down a peg instantly.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So much support for a fixer? I don't like ashwin too, but he is always be better than a fixer.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Childish from Ashwin.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now oppositions know what ticks Ashwin.

I am sure Ashwin is regretting for tweeting that, it was probably due to burst of anger, he thought that was nothing better to say to rile him up. He didn't say sorry still, shows it has hurt him.

You will see Ashwin and Gibbs tweetpic dining at some diner soon.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But lesson for young players, hope young players realize that once you get caught up in the web of fixing, there is no turning back for you. People will never ever look the same way ever again.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    But lesson for young players, hope young players realize that once you get caught up in the web of fixing, there is no turning back for you. People will never ever look the same way ever again.
    Yup. Lot of people will never trust and respect you ever again. Some people just don't like players without integrity and self respect.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I'm not exactly an expert on the topic but how is Gibbs a proven cheat?

From what I've read, he agreed to score <20 in an innings for $15k(?) but then went and blasted 70-odd.

Definitely not on the same level as someone like Cronje, anyway.
    Even agreeing to fix match and also recieving financial benefits for doing so is fixing, regardless how the events unfold. There is a reason why players who failed to report approached by bookies are punished. Here not only he failed to report but took money and agreed to fix the match.

In my view that is cheating.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What gives Gibbs the right to joke about Ashwine's athleticism or lack of?. In a public space such as Twitter? Are they mates?

If not, then Ashwin made his point in a brutal but very clear manner. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I think both are at fault here. It was a crass comment by Gibbs, and it appears that Ashwin cannot take a joke. Both did a good job of embarrassing themselves on social media.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow never thought that a fixer would get this kind of sympathy/support.

To mock someone’s physical condition is fine but calling a fixer(which is a fact) is crime?

Beauty of PP. Any rubbish against India/Indians would get overwhelming response here.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    What gives Gibbs the right to joke about Ashwine's athleticism or lack of?. In a public space such as Twitter? Are they mates?

If not, then Ashwin made his point in a brutal but very clear manner. Don't dish it if you can't take it.
    This.

Jokes between mates in a bar or dressing room is fine but Gibbs made fun of Ashwin's what could be a disability, which is cheap shot. Ashwin only responded with FACT and owned him.
    Gibbs have history of making fun of cricketers and was rightfully put to place.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    Wow never thought that a fixer would get this kind of sympathy/support.

To mock someone’s physical condition is fine but calling a fixer(which is a fact) is crime?

Beauty of PP. Any rubbish against India/Indians would get overwhelming response here.
    IKR

In desi culture making a fun of someone's disability seems like cool thing to do, otherwise fans would be supporting Ashwin.

Yes Ash responded emotionally but then again no one likes if a random person makes fun of disability on a public forum. Gibbs should've refrained from making fun of someone's phsyical disability or else he will keep getting owned like this.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    This.

Jokes between mates in a bar or dressing room is fine but Gibbs made fun of Ashwin's what could be a disability, which is cheap shot. Ashwin only responded with FACT and owned him.
    Gibbs have history of making fun of cricketers and was rightfully put to place.
    IIRC Gibs said real bad things publicly about his own team mates just after his fixing saga got over and also in his Autobiography 'To the Point' #BigLoser
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 20th February 2018 at 17:01.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    IIRC Gibs said real bad things publicly about his own team mates just after his fixing saga got over #BigLoser
    He does come across as douche and thinks its cool to make fun of other players, but will play a victim card if someone gives it back.

What more shocking is that fans on PP and on twitter are actually mocking Ash.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I think both are at fault here. It was a crass comment by Gibbs, and it appears that Ashwin cannot take a joke. Both did a good job of embarrassing themselves on social media.
    Ashwin responded emotionally as someone made fun of his disability on a social media. I have disability too and if someone makes fun of it then i would respond in similar way. Its natural no one likes if people mock disability.

This whole situation could've avoided had Gibbs not poke his nose in someone's business.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ashwin responded emotionally as someone made fun of his disability on a social media. I have disability too and if someone makes fun of it then i would respond in similar way. Its natural no one likes if people mock disability.

This whole situation could've avoided had Gibbs not poke his nose in someone's business.
    How is being fat a disability?

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    How is being fat a disability?
    Being Flat Footed is a disability. He doesnt have control over that

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    982 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even agreeing to fix match and also recieving financial benefits for doing so is fixing, regardless how the events unfold. There is a reason why players who failed to report approached by bookies are punished. Here not only he failed to report but took money and agreed to fix the match.

In my view that is cheating.
    Fair point.

No need for the victim mentality, many of the people who are criticising Ashwin are Indians, whether that applies to this thread or to other social media platforms. Perhaps ask them for their reasoning.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    982 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe Gibbs didn't know? I certainly wasn't aware of it tbh, just thought he's not really an athlete and is generally a slow mover.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Fair point.

No need for the victim mentality, many of the people who are criticising Ashwin are Indians, whether that applies to this thread or to other social media platforms. Perhaps ask them for their reasoning.
    Im certainly not with the victim mentality. Just stating the obvious. Just browse through any thread which has ‘India’ in it. You’ll understand what I’m saying.

#ForeverIndian

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    982 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im certainly not with the victim mentality. Just stating the obvious. Just browse through any thread which has ‘India’ in it. You’ll understand what I’m saying.
    It's a Pakistani forum, not sure what you were expecting.

But in this case, pretty much everyone is bashing Ashwin whether that's on other forums or social media. Your portrayal of it being exclusive to PP is incorrect.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A quick Google and the only reference I can find on the internet to Ashwin being flat footed is this thread. You got any source?

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It doesn't affect the size of his belly tho.

Many athletes are flatfooted.Can you give me a source of Ashwin being one.I didn't know and pretty sure Gibbs didn't either

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

I think you are reading too much into it. Gibbs, like most other people, is unlikely to be aware of the fact that Ashwin is flat-footed. He simply took a swipe against him because Ashwin is considered to be a slouch in the field. It was a stupid comment and not witty at all.

However, Ashwin response suggests that he has a chip on his shoulder against the South Africans and was eagerly waiting for a chance to do some match-fixing point scoring. He appeared **********, and tried to save face later on by stating that he was only joking, even though his tone clearly suggests that he took offense to what Gibbs said.

Gibbs should not have tweeted that but Ashwin could have handled it better.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    A quick Google and the only reference I can find on the internet to Ashwin being flat footed is this thread. You got any source?
    Same!Couldn't find any info about that.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be better to clarify your statement and if that statement is wrong then simply accept your mistake instead of ignoring it completely.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Pathetic comment from Ashwin.
    Pathetic comment.As simple as that!

Some fans are praising him as if he won the WorldCup final for his team.

Ashwin embarrased only himself by posting that tweet.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW people still going on about this. Its funny how we live in a world where body shaming people is fine but call a match fixer a match fixer and you are suddenly an evil pathetic man.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Meh...stop making lame excuses for him. If flatfoot was a disability, Gebrselassie won't be winning all those olympic golds in marathon. Ashwin is fat and lazy, that's it.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    WOW people still going on about this. Its funny how we live in a world where body shaming people is fine but call a match fixer a match fixer and you are suddenly an evil pathetic man.
    In this situation,I don't care whether Gibbs is a fixer or not and I certainly don't have any Sympathy for him.Ashwin showed lack of maturity and you would expect this sort of reply from a 10 year rude child.It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Ashwin embarrassed himself and was the biggest loser in this Twitter spat.

At the end of the day,

1)Ashwin was the one who had to delete his Tweet.
    2)He had to retract back by saying it was a Joke(Really?Did it look like Joke to Anybody) and basically sent an invitation for dinner to Gibbs.

Ashwin made a mistake and I am sure even he realizes it.And No,one mistake doesn't make him an evil pathetic man.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Indians are wonderful people but humour and fun talks isn't their thing hence these sort of odd moments.