Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I am hoping that PSL 3 will unearth another two players for Pakistan" : Mickey Arthur

From the highs of their fantastic victory in the Champions Trophy to the lows of an abysmal 5-0 loss in ODI series to New Zealand, Head Coach Mickey Arthur has now experienced the full gamut of emotions associated with Pakistan's recent form in Limited Overs Cricket. Currently taking part in the Pakistan Super League as the Head Coach for Karachi Kings, Mickey Arthur is on a mission to discover fresh young talent as Pakistan look to build a world-beating squad for the 2019 World Cup.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Mickey Arthur spoke on a variety of topics including Babar Azam and Hasan Ali's progress, Sarfaraz Ahmed's suitability as captain for all 3 formats of the game, why a limit needs to be placed on Pakistan players' participation in Twenty20 leagues and his hopes that Karachi Kings will play the final of the PSL in Karachi in March.

PakPassion.net: Are you satisfied with Babar Azamís progress so far?

Mickey Arthur:
    Babar is a fantastic player and there is no getting away from that. I believe that he is a very, very good cricketer who has risen to the number one rank in Twenty20 cricket and holds the number 4 position in ODIs. But, he is learning all the time and we must not forget that he is still a young man and outside the conditions that he is familiar with, he is still learning the ropes and I am sure he will become even better. What I would like to see now is Babar progressing in Test cricket and to score a lot more runs in that format. Regardless of that, I am very happy with his progression in Test cricket and I think he is an outstanding player and will be a very good player for a very long time for Pakistan cricket.

PakPassion.net: Can Hasan Ali perform in Test cricket in the same way heís done in LOIs?

Mickey Arthur:
    Yes, I do think he will improve in Test matches. I believe that he will get better and better and is definitely an outstanding player for us. As he gets more experienced in different conditions, his cricket will get better and I have absolutely no problem with his progress so far.

PakPassion.net: How do you feel Sarfaraz Ahmed is coping with the pressures of captaining in all 3 formats?

Mickey Arthur:
    I think he will be fine with captaining Pakistan in the three formats. He is a captain who leads by example which is very good. What we have to do now is to manage Sarfaraz through the tours so that when the going gets tough, we will need to try and find him a time where we can give him a little bit of a break. But, as I said, Sarfaraz can handle captaincy in all three formats without a problem and go from strength to strength as a captain.

PakPassion.net: How quickly can we find replacements for Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-Haq?

Mickey Arthur:
    Itís a fact that we need to find batsmen to replace Younis and Misbah but it's not that easy a task. How can we find a replacement for 15,000 Test runs just like that? We have Asad Shafiq and also Azhar Ali who is an outstanding player and one of the best batsmen in Test cricket at the moment. What we need now are more guys who can do the job for us in the same way as Misbah and Younis did before. So, we need a dependable batsman to open for us and certainly need a good number 3 batsman and someone to bat well at number 4 too. Haris Sohail made some great strides during the series against Sri Lanka. I have a lot of faith in Haris Sohailís ability and I think he will come through exceptionally well in Test cricket. And of course, there are other batsmen on the fringes that we will keep on working with and hopefully, they can take over that mantle left by the departure of Younis and Misbah.

PakPassion.net: How are you looking to tackle the issue of a lack of a good second spinner in Tests?

Mickey Arthur:
    We have some good left-arm spinners in mind such as Mohammad Asghar. We also have Mohammad Nawaz and then there is Bilal Asif who bowls off-spin and of course, we have Shadab Khan as well and so, I feel we have enough spinners to play two spinners when we feel we have a need to do so. I am convinced that we are comfortably covered in that department.

PakPassion.net: Were there any issues between Mohammad Hafeez and yourself during the tour of New Zealand?

Mickey Arthur:
    There is absolutely no truth to that news at all. I really hate it when false news is reported about the team. The fact is that Hafeez and I had a great chat where I explained that to bring some new players through, we need to expose them at different times and situations. Hafeez is a wonderful player and has been for a while. But he knows that he has got to be bowling to nail his place in the team. When he is bowling and batting, he gives us that excellent advantage and that is what we have had our conversation about. He knows what he has to do and there are absolutely no issues between Hafeez and I at all.

PakPassion.net: Were Pakistan under-prepared when they embarked upon the tour of New Zealand?

Mickey Arthur:
    Itís not in essence the preparation for that tour that I have an issue with. What I have problems with is about managing our players and their workloads. Let me tell you why that is. Basically, I did a comparison between the workloads of Hasan Ali and Trent Boult. What I realised is that our players simply havenít had a break at all. Our bowlers generally went from the Champions Trophy to domestic competitions to the World XI visit and then the series against Sri Lanka and then over to New Zealand.

In Hasanís case after the Champions Trophy, heís gone from CPL, World XI visit, series against Sri Lanka, Pakistan domestic cricket, BPL, T10 League and then on to New Zealand. It's plain to see as in the case of Hasan Ali that our players were fatigued. What my support staff and I have to do now is to find time when we can rest players and rotate them between series. All this has to be done because we are taking the next ICC World Cup in 2019 very seriously. We have to make sure that our preparations are 100 percent spot on for that. If achieving that objective means that we have to rest players at times so that they can be ready for the World Cup, then thatís what we will have to do. If that means that the players will end up missing one or two Twenty20 League tournaments for achieving the ultimate goal of helping Pakistan win the World Cup, then so be it. We will put in those restrictions, if we feel that they are in the players and Pakistan cricketís best interests.

What we also need for our support staff leading up to the World Cup is a period where we will condition our players and work with them on technical matters. What we saw recently was that because the players had played so much cricket they were fatigued, and they had pretty much disintegrated. As they were so tired, they came back to us after the Sri Lanka series in bad shape. The fitness markers we have donít lie. They showed us that the players werenít as fit when they joined us again. That then took us 3 weeks to get players back up to speed physically and technically, and those 3 weeks basically cost us the ODI series which is something I was very disappointed about.

PakPassion.net: How important a role has PSL played in the development of talent for Pakistan?

Mickey Arthur:
    I feel that the PSL has been wonderful in developing talent. The first edition of the PSL unearthed Hasan Ali whilst the second edition brought to light the talent of Shadab Khan. I am hoping that PSL 3 will unearth another 2 players of talent for Pakistan and that will complete the jigsaw for our 2019 World Cup squad. So, I am looking for 2 players in this PSL to stand up and be part of our future. What I would like the new players to be able to do are two things that will get them to play for Pakistan. They cannot be good in just one discipline so if you are a bowler, you have got to be fielding properly. Similarly, if you are a batsman, you have to be good in the field as well. That is how we win games. So, players that arenít good in the field will have to battle very hard to get into the team as they wonít fit into the brand of cricket we are looking for.

PakPassion.net: So, being at the PSL yourself would help in identifying such players?

Mickey Arthur:
    Of course, it is and that is the benefit of me coaching the Karachi Kings. In this way, I can get to see so many young players close at hand and I am able to witness Pakistanís best young domestic cricketers in action. This will allow me to check if they are suitable for playing at the international level or not. That to me is the benefit of coaching at the PSL which is great and obviously something that I need to do.

PakPassion.net: Are you looking forward to a big improvement in the Karachi Kingsí fortunes in this PSL?

Mickey Arthur:
    Well, they say donít count your chickens before they are hatched, but with the final in Karachi it seems that the Karachi Kings have to play in it so that does put a little bit of pressure on us. But I would say that we have the team for it and we can play in that final in Karachi. If we play well, then we can do it. What I will add is that the beauty of the PSL is in the fact that it's an unbelievably strong competition and if you let your guard down and donít play well on one day, the other team will beat you, so we will need to be wary of that.

PakPassion.net: How will Imad Wasim fare in his first stint as captain in the PSL?

Mickey Arthur:
    I think he will be fine and he will do very well. Imad is aggressive and he leads from the front and doesnít take a backward step and it will be interesting to see how he does tactically. But, I have got full confidence that he will be able to do that and end up doing well for us as skipper.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    He is spot on about managing the workloads of the players. They are entitled to earn a living playing in leagues but there must be sufficient time before a series for a player to recuperate. Fast bowling especially is very physically taxing and we need to manage the likes of Hasan Ali more carefully in future.

I'm surprised he is satisfied at Babar Azam's progress in Tests however and it seems he'll be starting in Ireland in our next Test despite an abysmal series against Sri Lanka. Babar must repay the faith shown by Arthur and the staff.

I'm also concerned he namechecked Mohammad Nawaz as a good enough second spinner for Test cricket when we have the likes of Raza Hasan and Zafar Gohar who can do a better job.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

PakPassion.net: How are you looking to tackle the issue of a lack of a good second spinner in Tests?

Mickey Arthur:
    We have some good left-arm spinners in mind such as Mohammad Asghar. We also have Mohammad Nawaz and then there is Bilal Asif who bowls off-spin and of course, we have Shadab Khan as well and so, I feel we have enough spinners to play two spinners when we feel we have a need to do so. I am convinced that we are comfortably covered in that department.

That's a softball answer to a softball question. How about "Whose decision was it to play a single spinner in UAE against Sri Lanka?"

Arthur tends to make a lot of excuses for things that don't go right, and are actually under his scope.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I am hoping that PSL 3 will unearth another two players for Pakistan" : Mickey Arthur ----> thats what We are hoping as we have zero hope on our domestic system...

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good comments on Hafeez.
    Was hoping he might be asked about our test ambitions for 2018.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Very, very good comments.

Fully confident that Mickey will ensure we go into the CWC 2019 with a squad capable of destroying teams.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "But he knows that he has got to be bowling to nail his place in the team."

Well... he's honest with himself I'll give him that.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His comments about second spinner in Tests is worrisome.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good interview. PCB clearly made a forward-thinking decision when appointing him as head coach.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Very, very good comments.

Fully confident that Mickey will ensure we go into the CWC 2019 with a squad capable of destroying teams.
    Can't take him seriously until Azhar, Hafeez and Malik are replaced from ODI team else it's just playing to the gallery.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also sure fatigue may have played a role in our drubbing in ODIs against Kiwis but how can you not acknowledge the biggest problem which was the absurd selections for top order while Haris remained on the bench till the series was gone!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Seems Haris Sohail held in high esteem by Mickey which is great news

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mickey Arthur: We have some good left-arm spinners in mind such as Mohammad Asghar. We also have Mohammad Nawaz and then there is Bilal Asif who bowls off-spin and of course, we have Shadab Khan as well and so, I feel we have enough spinners to play two spinners when we feel we have a need to do so. I am convinced that we are comfortably covered in that department.
    he didnot even name zafar gohar, and if he seriously believes that nawaz is a test bowler then we need to be worried

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Pakistan head coach Mickey Arthur has pinned hope that the upcoming third edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will unearth two players from the country, who will complete the jigsaw for the 2019 World Cup squad.

Insisting that the PSL has played a vital role in developing talent from the country, Arthur gave the examples of Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan who rose to fame following their good performances in Pakistan’s T20 league.

“I feel that the PSL has been wonderful in developing talent. The first edition of the PSL unearthed Hasan Ali whilst the second edition brought to light the talent of Shadab Khan. I am hoping that PSL 3 will unearth another 2 players of talent for Pakistan and that will complete the jigsaw for our 2019 World Cup squad. So, I am looking for 2 players in this PSL to stand up and be part of our future,” Pakpassion.net quoted Arthur, as saying.

Arthur, however, emphasized that the two players could not just afford to be good in just one discipline and that they have to perform well in fielding as well.

“What I would like the new players to be able to do are two things that will get them to play for Pakistan. They cannot be good in just one discipline so if you are a bowler, you have got to be fielding properly. Similarly, if you are a batsman, you have to be good in the field as well. That is how we win games. So, players that aren’t good in the field will have to battle very hard to get into the team as they won’t fit into the brand of cricket we are looking for,” the Pakistan coach said.

When quizzed if he being at the PSL would help in identifying such players, Arthur answered in affirmation as he said that his presence in the league would allow him to check if the players are suitable for playing at the international level or not.

“Of course, it is and that is the benefit of me coaching the Karachi Kings. In this way, I can get to see so many young players close at hand and I am able to witness Pakistan’s best young domestic cricketers in action. This will allow me to check if they are suitable for playing at the international level or not. That to me is the benefit of coaching at the PSL which is great and obviously something that I need to do,” said Arthur, who will coach Karachi Kings in the upcoming PSL.

Karachi Kings will begin their PSL campaign against Quetta Gladiators on February 22. The third edition of the tournament will also see two of its playoffs in Lahore, while the final is slated to be played at Karachi's National Stadium on March 25.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/spor...r-1777265.html

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need at least 3 new players for the Odi and T20 teams.

We have to replace Azhar, Hafeez, Malik and Amin.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Seems Haris Sohail held in high esteem by Mickey which is great news
    I think most Pak fans have known for years Harris Sohail is the eventual replacement for Misbah.

Fawad Alam and Usman Salluhdin should be the other middle order batsman Micky should be looking at for Tests. One of them will make it i have no doubt about it.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Ibtesam will be one of the 2 new guys Mickey wants to find

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1) Hussain Talat
    2) Yet to be seen

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Mamoon your thoughts? There’s a touch of Kohli in his stroke play.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th February 2018 at 19:36.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ss376oALBzY
    Do you think Talat should forget about his bowling and concentrate fully on batting?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Do you think Talat should forget about his bowling and concentrate fully on batting?
    No. He’s a decent bowler, 125-130 kph and can bowl Yorkers with ease.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No. He’s a decent bowler, 125-130 kph and can bowl Yorkers with ease.
    Better than Pandya?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Better than Pandya?
    Want to see Talat against a good pace attack like KK or LQ, this MS attack was full of trundlers. We can get a better scope from there.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Want to see Talat against a good pace attack like KK or LQ, this MS attack was full of trundlers. We can get a better scope from there.
    What about his bowling though?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Looks good. Needs to work on his balance, he does not keep a still head and does not get on top of the ball especially on the front foot. However, there is plenty of raw potential there. He has got some good wrists.

Needs to replace Hafeez in Limited Overs. I am certain Mickey has an eye on him.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What about his bowling though?
    As I said decent pace, got a nice outswinger and pretty accurate. He should stick with it, you’ll see if the IU captain decides to give him a bowl.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sohail Akhtar
    Hussain talat
    Maybe sahibzada farhan

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the first name he mentioned in the 2nd spinner department was Asghar

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get Yasir in the team. Good enough as third spinner with Imad and Shadab.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officially the biggest bottlers of PSL. Absolute minnows.

Hope Fakhar and other good players hand in transfer request.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arthur just pin-pointed Hussain Talat in his press conference. Talat needs to continue this form and he will definitely be in the Pakistan team sooner than later.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    One of the players is - Shahid Afridi ;)

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hussain Talat and Shaheen Afridi are your two players.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Arthur just pin-pointed Hussain Talat in his press conference. Talat needs to continue this form and he will definitely be in the Pakistan team sooner than later.
    Arthur specifically said that he had found NO new young player who is stand out (as yet).

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirror ..Left handed Kohli 2

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I fear Arthur will find none from this edition. Franchises not only pick mostly poor young players but also giving them chances in lower order.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Hussain Talat
    2) Yet to be seen
    Wait for Maqsood to be dropped for Shan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bilawal666 View Post
    Hussain Talat and Shaheen Afridi are your two players.
    I still think it would be too early to blood Shaheen into international cricket just yet.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least the TTF'S in the likes of Shehzad, Umar Akmal and Shoaib Maqsood are doing as expected and hopefully have their egos in check.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Looks good. Needs to work on his balance, he does not keep a still head and does not get on top of the ball especially on the front foot. However, there is plenty of raw potential there. He has got some good wrists.

Needs to replace Hafeez in Limited Overs. I am certain Mickey has an eye on him.
    On evidence of this short video, his balance appears very faulty. Sometimes it seems he is almost stumbling into his shots. Won't last long at the international level with that going on, IMO.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah you will definitely unearth dozens of gems when almost every team has youngsters benched and ttf's in the playing 11. This psl is not doing us any good

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo ummm... Mohammad Nawaz ?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mohammad nawaz is/was already on the radar...

what's sad is that (even i want him to do well) everyone got so gungho about talat's innings the other day... and it was just very ordinary knock... we need guys to be at boss level and try to go beyond that... yet we get excited over all and any bits n peices players who come our way... babar had it but is slowly going down hill right now...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sameen Gul?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cmon Mickey, Talat is your man

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To round off our team we need another pacer (in place of Rumman), nail that opening slot and induct a specialist spinner. We’re shaping up decently for the ‘19 WC,

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    To round off our team we need another pacer (in place of Rumman), nail that opening slot and induct a specialist spinner. We’re shaping up decently for the ‘19 WC,
    What do you think about Sameen Gul?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    What do you think about Sameen Gul?
    He’s alright, but there’s better in Pakistan. Although, he looks faster than the speed guns suggest.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agha Salman has played very nicely, perhaps a little too nicely for t20s at times - which bodes well for his technique, plays the ball under his eyes.

Shaheen I like, looks mean and quick

SOUND the ALAM!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaka4pope View Post
    Agha Salman has played very nicely, perhaps a little too nicely for t20s at times - which bodes well for his technique, plays the ball under his eyes.

Shaheen I like, looks mean and quick
    Mickey did praise Agha Salman's knock in the presser today.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Talat, Agha, Shaheen, Gohar, Ibtisam

Take your picks Mickey.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talat, Agha, Shaheen, Gohar, Ibtisam

Take your picks Mickey.
    He has a great pool to build the Test and WC team from this PSL.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope One player would be Talat.

Second player might be Agha. If Maqsood plays a couple of good knocks then he'll be favorite too. It's too early for Shaheen, he needs game time in domestic cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Sameen Gul?
    Sameen Gul is mediocre, No pace no movement and no fitness.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hussain Talat and Asif Ali

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MA just needs to watch IU games and he will understand we do not need malik and hafeez in the LOIs sqauds.

Respect to IU to give the youngsta beauties a chance to perform and express themselve.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amad butt can make ir into the squad for Ruman Raees if he performs in the rest of the matches.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kamran Akmal and Umar Gul

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Amad butt can make ir into the squad for Ruman Raees if he performs in the rest of the matches.
    S Afridi is 10 times better bowler that Amad, why you would invest in Amad over Afridi?

When it comes to bowling there is no contest, Afridi is hands down best option. Amir, Shanwari, Hasan, Afridi is a very potent attach, add Faheem and Shadab to that, bowling is covered with some rotation options, not all seamers need to play every match...

In batting Talat and Asif are must, we cannot keep playing these seniors. Big part of the problem is our Captain himself is one of those pedestrian senior. England got rid of Cook and made Morgan Captain, there style of play was very different and hence help transformed ENG, Cook could never have done that...Most PPers like Sarfraz non stop yelling style and marked is as aggressive and smart Captain, other than yelling there is nothing aggressive about Sarfraz, his own perform is zero, in top 8 team he is the worse performing Captain. He is taking up a spot rather than contributing. Dragging the whole culture back to 1980s...

Seniors are in the team for same reason, if he can be in the team, why not we?? - Azhar, Hafeez, Malik and Sarfraz are in the team, before that Misbah and YK were occupying senior role in all important tournament and did zulch, they could not help us win against Indian spinners(out of all bowlers) in Mohali, chasing 260, we rewarded them with another decade of career in both ODI and test. These seniors are not going anywhere, after WC losses we will get rid of them, nothing new in Pakistan, this cycle repeats every time

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @yasir i am not talking that shaheen is not better but its always good to have extra options plus he is tight arm and can hit a few.
    Investing in him will not be bad i reckon.Agreed with the rest of your points.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shaheen and Talat have really impressed me personally, Agha Salman looks decent too.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen has looked nothing special. Ofcourse, he is young and can improve. Talat definately needs to be in the Pakistan side for his batting alone.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    Shaheen has looked nothing special. Ofcourse, he is young and can improve. Talat definately needs to be in the Pakistan side for his batting alone.
    at 17 he is bowling at 140 without much effort, reversing the bowl and has shown himself to be quite calm.

there is so much to work with there

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talat looks like the complete package.Shaheen and Ibtisam are not final products,but they look good.

Agha Salman,Asif Ali and Zafar Gohar also performed well.Sameen Gul also looks decent

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Think people are grasping at straws. Weíve unearthed one talent in the psl in talat (whom most knew anyway) and only one. Salman, asif ali i dont think are good enough, mediocre domestic records and frankly didnt have stellar PSLs either.

Shaheen was great for one game but not so great for the rest. in fact has had a pretty mediocre PSL. id try him in t20s but thats based on his u19 record not psl.

Zafar looked extremely good but has hardly played. Its a shame he didnt get a longer run and is unfortunate that heís in the same team.as Pakistanís no.1 loi spinner. sahibdaza similar story doesnt get a chance because too much competition. IU picked the strongest squad, great for them but not ideal for showing off all ot the best pak talent.

So yeah would only include talat on back of psl. think peopleís standards are pretty low to want others off their psl performances. After that iíd probably look for those who performed in previohd limited overs tournaments/matches and have good records.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has already unearth so many players;
    Hussain Talat
    Shaheen Shah
    S Farhan
    Agha Salman
    Ibtisam Sheikh

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliykyzwo View Post
    It has already unearth so many players;
    Hussain Talat
    Shaheen Shah
    S Farhan
    Agha Salman
    Ibtisam Sheikh
    Only Talat has made a strong case. The others haven't really convinced that they are ready.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Farhan (if he builds on what he showed in the last match)
    Babar
    Talat
    Sarfaraz
    Asif
    Shadab
    Fahim
    Hasan
    Amir/Junaid
    Shinwari

Play this team aur phir leh ao Ind, WI, Eng, Aus, SA, NZ - kissi ka mai ka laal nahi hara sakta

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Fakhar
    Farhan (if he builds on what he showed in the last match)
    Babar
    Talat
    Sarfaraz
    Asif
    Shadab
    Fahim
    Hasan
    Amir/Junaid
    Shinwari

Play this team aur phir leh ao Ind, WI, Eng, Aus, SA, NZ - kissi ka mai ka laal nahi hara sakta
    That squad brings a tear to my eye.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For some reason I am not really happy for Hussain Talat's inclusion in the national team which I should be. May be its his face which appears to me as a person who is selfish. May be its his bowling which I feel can go for six 6s in an over. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    For some reason I am not really happy for Hussain Talat's inclusion in the national team which I should be. May be its his face which appears to me as a person who is selfish. May be its his bowling which I feel can go for six 6s in an over. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.
    You haven't exactly stated convincing reasons for opposing Talat's inclusion.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's been selected?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    He's been selected?
    Potential inclusion*

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    agreed; its just my chaati hiss; but to be honest most of Pakistan cricketers are selfish; Sharjeel Khan and Fakhar Zaman are the 2 recent batsmen who are not selfish

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anwar Ali looks a decent prospect

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Anwar Ali looks a decent prospect
    Anwar, along with Wahab, Kamran and Sami seem strong prospects. Should keep investing in such youngstaa beauties

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    Anwar, along with Wahab, Kamran and Sami seem strong prospects. Should keep investing in such youngstaa beauties
    Forgetting Afridi And Asad technique yaar.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)