Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 116
  1. #1
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Imad Wasim - Captaincy watch

    Making debut today in PSL. Looks good so far.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,010
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cant take him seriously due to the Ronaldo imitation, so much cringe


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Cant take him seriously due to the Ronaldo imitation, so much cringe
    Credit to him he pulls it off somewhat. Imagine Sarfraz doing it lol.

    But agree these celebrations are for youngsters not seniors/captains.
    Last edited by Rayyman; 23rd February 2018 at 19:48.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,260
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Credit to him he pulls it off somewhat. Imagine Sarfraz doing it lol.

    But agree these celebrations are for youngsters not seniors/captains.
    If Kohli can have celebrations then why not Imad lol

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    If Kohli can have celebrations then why not Imad lol
    Cuz he's acting like a kid jumping around. Kohli is different he just screams. Which I don't like either.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    511
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    If Kohli can have celebrations then why not Imad lol
    The greenvy is strong with is this one!

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thought he did very well.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    2,679
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Ronaldo imitation is miles better than Ashoke Dinda's. That dude will celebrate a batsman tonking him and caught at cow corner as if he had uprooted the middle stump by a 150kbps thunderbolt.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    23,038
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Cant take him seriously due to the Ronaldo imitation, so much cringe
    Lol what does he do?


    #MPGA

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,675
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mature captaincy. This is going to be a huge career up for Imad. I think he has it in him to take over captaincy from Sarfraz in the future.

    This guy has so much ability, wish he made more of it. Just needs to work a little bit on his batting and he could genuinely be a match-winner on the big stages for Pakistan. If there's any thing, it is my personal opinion that Imad Wasim will be extremely crucial for Pakistan's success in the WC.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    3,301
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any pics of his celebrations???

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,012
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Credit to him he pulls it off somewhat. Imagine Sarfraz doing it lol.

    But agree these celebrations are for youngsters not seniors/captains.
    earthquakes...

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,992
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    earthquakes...
    A minor tremor. However if Azam Khan attempts that we would have earthquakes of unimaginable intensity which would cause tsunamis worldwide and wipe off half of the human population.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    28,987
    Mentioned
    1326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.shah View Post
    Any pics of his celebrations???
    He's been doing it since T10.



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    166
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imads celebration is nothing like that of Ronaldo. He's young and exciting but no need to for wannabe's.
    I still can't get over his hairdo in the group match against India. He looked so like a jadeja wannabe but got torn apart.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,526
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deems View Post
    Imads celebration is nothing like that of Ronaldo. He's young and exciting but no need to for wannabe's.
    I still can't get over his hairdo in the group match against India. He looked so like a jadeja wannabe but got torn apart.
    Didn't Jadeja get torn apart later in the tournament too?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    610
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan ali is more Ronaldo-esque than Imad, give the lad a break we need a new generation of passionate cricketeres

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    938
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good captaincy and also good bowling, don't care how he celebrates as long as he's bowling well.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    2,993
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a pretty good and aggressive captain, and also contributes with both bat and ball.

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    166
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Didn't Jadeja get torn apart later in the tournament too?
    He did but that's besides the point. Swagger doesn't come naturally to some, he always looks like he is trying hard. Mind you, I loved his original celebration (jump and fist pump while in the air).
    Swagger comes naturally to the likes of Hassan Ali and shadab Khan.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    359
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this thread supposed to discuss his "Captaincy" and not his "Celebration Style"?

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,834
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's nothing to watch for. He's always been a great captain. If he could turn his batting potential into substance, he'd make a great leader.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,909
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Overrated cricketer


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    37,353
    Mentioned
    1730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will be a sad day in our cricket history if a guy who can't bat or bowl will be the captain. It would almost be like Misbah era where the worst batsman in the country was the captain of it.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,069
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I said this a while back I think he will be Pakistan's next T20I captain.



  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,293
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I said this a while back I think he will be Pakistan's next T20I captain.
    Well; I hope not! He can't bat, bowl and is unfit.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His English wasn't too bad so he is a good contender to be next captain of Pakistan...

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,786
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Will be a sad day in our cricket history if a guy who can't bat or bowl will be the captain. It would almost be like Misbah era where the worst batsman in the country was the captain of it.
    Not much difference right now, is there? The worst batsman in the country is captaining the side. On top of that, he's got a big fat belly.


    Overthinking will kill you.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,251
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Imad Waim is good enough to play as a specialist bowler with an economy of 6 in T20s.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    earthquakes...
    Its funny to see a die hard fan of the Akmals mock someone's fitness.

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Not much difference right now, is there? The worst batsman in the country is captaining the side. On top of that, he's got a big fat belly.
    At least Imad is tall and somewhat strong.

    Saifi is just short and unfit. Not strong, not athletic and not fast.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,786
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    At least Imad is tall and somewhat strong.

    Saifi is just short and unfit. Not strong, not athletic and not fast.
    I wasn't talking about Imad.


    Overthinking will kill you.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    It would almost be like Misbah era where the worst batsman in the country was the captain of it.
    I know right! Talk about saving your team from collpasing countless times in ODIs, taking over captaincy after one of the worst spot-fixing scandals in history and leading them to the number one ranking in the world, being the most reliable batsman and scoring the bulk of the runs throughout his tenure as player and captain. Truly pathetic stuff.

    The disrespect some of the Pakistani greats get on this forum is truly sad.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    390
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the point he is making, Misbah before being made captain, was inconsistent, which is true. What happened later is not the point of contention, as he made the best out of the resources and time given to him. Nobody even thought the below would happen before he was made captain, it was like given captaincy to Misbah for few months to bring some stability.

    Winning test series in NZ
    Beating England 3-0
    Winning Asia Cup 2012
    Beating India in India 2-1
    Beating Australia 2-0
    Beating SL numerous times
    Beating England again 2-0
    Drew series in England 2-2
    #1 Ranking

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    390
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad looks good , he knows how to talk to his fellow players. Talking, conveying messages, proper communication is also important for a captain.

    You can't have a captain, who is shouting all the time at other players : Saifi
    You can't have a captain, who is rash and impulsive in decision making : Afridi
    You can't have a captain, who is too defensive : Inzi and Misbah
    You can't have a captain, who sells your country for $$ : Butt
    You can't have a captain, who is moody : Younis
    You can't have a captain, who is notorious liar and promotes groupies in team : Malik and Yousuf

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,117
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    Well, the point he is making, Misbah before being made captain, was inconsistent, which is true. What happened later is not the point of contention, as he made the best out of the resources and time given to him. Nobody even thought the below would happen before he was made captain, it was like given captaincy to Misbah for few months to bring some stability.

    Winning test series in NZ
    Beating England 3-0
    Winning Asia Cup 2012
    Beating India in India 2-1
    Beating Australia 2-0
    Beating SL numerous times
    Beating England again 2-0
    Drew series in England 2-2
    #1 Ranking
    Misbah was the worst thing happened to Pakistan cricket in recent past, will take 5 years to recover the damage he caused, the defensive , losing mentality.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,117
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad is doing a god job so far.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,690
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad might be a good leader, but bits and pieces type of players always find it hard to survive when the team falls. That will be the case for Imad in ODI's as he still is not our main allrounder and Shadab/Faheem look better.

    The only way he could survive in ODI's as well is if he improves his batting, but after 3 years in the side it's still looks mediocre and too inconsistent.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a good start and seemed like he was a good fit but there is no need for him to take over from Sarfraz. It is just showing Sarfraz has smart cricketer who he can rely on as perhaps a vice captain. This role will definitely do wonders for Imad and looking forward to see his progression through the tournament with the added responsibility.

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thought he did well today


  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    28,987
    Mentioned
    1326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pretty good.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,117
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    I know right! Talk about saving your team from collpasing countless times in ODIs, taking over captaincy after one of the worst spot-fixing scandals in history and leading them to the number one ranking in the world, being the most reliable batsman and scoring the bulk of the runs throughout his tenure as player and captain. Truly pathetic stuff.

    The disrespect some of the Pakistani greats get on this forum is truly sad.
    Pakistan great,yeah, the same "great" who was playing 2011 WC semifinal for a "draw" and we lost it due to him, the same "great" who led us to a shameful disastrous tour of NZL and Australia with his pathetic personal form as player and captain. There are so many example of his "greatness", too many to describe here.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,177
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Hassan ali is more Ronaldo-esque than Imad, give the lad a break we need a new generation of passionate cricketeres
    yup had enough of rahat ali , tanvir, irfan etc absolute losers attitude

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,177
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if we go in with 1 spinner he has no place as shadab is and will iA remain first choice for a decade or so

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana View Post
    if we go in with 1 spinner he has no place as shadab is and will iA remain first choice for a decade or so
    Not really we can go with 4 pacers and two spinners each game.

    6. Shadab
    7. Imad
    8. Faheem
    9. Hasan
    10. Amir
    11. Junaid

    With Talat as backup to Faheem and Nawaz backup to Imad.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, right. The person who can neither bat nor bowl and has grown a pot belly in a matter of months should be made captain. Why? Because he's passionate. And we don't need timid characters. Oh, come on!!!

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good stuff from Imad again. 3 in 3. Better captain than Sangakkara and Malik.

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,834
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Test of nerve today. Did well.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,354
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did well, didn't panic when his bowlers were getting hit in the PP.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    938
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best captain so far???

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,690
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have said it in the past as well, but will repeat here: Imad always was a good leader/thinker, but his main issue will be his role in the team. In Pak team during bad times bits and pieces players are usually the first ones to be sacrificed.

    He is a good T20 bowler so will always be safe there.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    2,533
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    Imad looks good , he knows how to talk to his fellow players. Talking, conveying messages, proper communication is also important for a captain.

    You can't have a captain, who is shouting all the time at other players : Saifi
    You can't have a captain, who is rash and impulsive in decision making : Afridi
    You can't have a captain, who is too defensive : Inzi and Misbah
    You can't have a captain, who sells your country for $$ : Butt
    You can't have a captain, who is moody : Younis
    You can't have a captain, who is notorious liar and promotes groupies in team : Malik and Yousuf
    I love this post!

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,012
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz should give captaincy to someone who not only merits the spot in the team but is also a superb captain. Really impressed with his captaincy so far. Looks like he has a got a good cricketing brain.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,012
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEddardStark View Post
    Yeah, right. The person who can neither bat nor bowl and has grown a pot belly in a matter of months should be made captain. Why? Because he's passionate. And we don't need timid characters. Oh, come on!!!
    and not keep either.

    Are you talking about Sarfraz?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,526
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Sarfraz should give captaincy to someone who not only merits the spot in the team but is also a superb captain. Really impressed with his captaincy so far. Looks like he has a got a good cricketing brain.
    Imad will struggle to make the team overseas. Fahim will be preferred as the fourth seamer. Not an automatic pick anymore.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,992
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not another specialist captain please.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, he can only become Test and T20I captain for us. In Test cricket, he can make the playing XI if he plays as a batting all rounder. But, don't see his value in ODI cricket at all.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,069
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Impressed, but there is a lot of hand-holding for Imad from Shahid Afridi regarding key decisions.



  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,420
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Impressed, but there is a lot of hand-holding for Imad from Shahid Afridi regarding key decisions.
    Well Afridi himself was a very poor captain.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,069
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Well Afridi himself was a very poor captain.
    But he's not captaining himself is he.

    Instead he seems to be guiding Imad really well.



  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,420
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    But he's not captaining himself is he.

    Instead he seems to be guiding Imad really well.
    Could be but he isnt known as a well thinking player.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,870
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Imad will struggle to make the team overseas. Fahim will be preferred as the fourth seamer. Not an automatic pick anymore.

    For T20s he is automatic pick. He makes the team for his bowling in PP overs alone. A our current T20 captain doesn't make the team on keeping or batting merit.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,870
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Impressed, but there is a lot of hand-holding for Imad from Shahid Afridi regarding key decisions.

    Afridi was a captain. Imad seems a thinking cricketer. I would rather give Imad credit

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,526
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    For T20s he is automatic pick. He makes the team for his bowling in PP overs alone. A our current T20 captain doesn't make the team on keeping or batting merit.
    Who would you have as a keeper then?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,992
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    For T20s he is automatic pick. He makes the team for his bowling in PP overs alone. A our current T20 captain doesn't make the team on keeping or batting merit.
    For T20s yes, but not for T20is, the spinner quota is already full in the national team with Shadab as the main spinner with support from Malik, Fakhar (if needed), Nawaz (when playing) and Harris (not T20 material but still), not to mention when Hafeez clears his action for another 3 months (hopefully not).

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,870
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Who would you have as a keeper then?
    T20 internationals should be used to give young players a chance. So a keeper who Pakistan think tank can replace Sarfraz in the future.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,526
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    T20 internationals should be used to give young players a chance. So a keeper who Pakistan think tank can replace Sarfraz in the future.
    Anyone in mind?

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,870
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    For T20s yes, but not for T20is, the spinner quota is already full in the national team with Shadab as the main spinner with support from Malik, Fakhar (if needed), Nawaz (when playing) and Harris (not T20 material but still), not to mention when Hafeez clears his action for another 3 months (hopefully not).

    For T20 internationals it's fine to select him. His overs in the PP are good dust.

    Nawaz was in the recent T20 team because Imad wasn't.
    Malik isn't used enough
    Fakhar the same

    He is rated highly by Pakistan think tank. He will play LO. I would drop him from ODIs but keep him in T20s.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,870
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Anyone in mind?
    Umair Masood I think his name is looks good. There are some more names who have been mentioned. We don't have any replacement for Sarfraz that's why I'm saying we can use T20s to test out another wicket keeper. Sarfraz is 30 and has atrocious fitness. We need to plan for life after him.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,526
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Umair Masood I think his name is looks good. There are some more names who have been mentioned. We don't have any replacement for Sarfraz that's why I'm saying we can use T20s to test out another wicket keeper. Sarfraz is 30 and has atrocious fitness. We need to plan for life after him.
    Agree with you about having a replacement ready. But from what I've seen and heard, no one has shown the potential to be close to this 30-year old with poor fitness.

    Umair Masood was surprisingly not picked for any PSL team this season. Does he have good stats in FC cricket?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,870
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Agree with you about having a replacement ready. But from what I've seen and heard, no one has shown the potential to be close to this 30-year old with poor fitness.

    Umair Masood was surprisingly not picked for any PSL team this season. Does he have good stats in FC cricket?
    We don't know that until someone is given a chance. It's better to plan for the future then just keep on playing someone who isn't going to get any better.


    Not sure about his FC stats.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,992
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    For T20 internationals it's fine to select him. His overs in the PP are good dust.

    Nawaz was in the recent T20 team because Imad wasn't.
    Malik isn't used enough
    Fakhar the same

    He is rated highly by Pakistan think tank. He will play LO. I would drop him from ODIs but keep him in T20s.
    They are gold dust in Asian conditions only against non Asian teams. His inclusion will upset the whole balance of the team.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,870
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    They are gold dust in Asian conditions only against non Asian teams. His inclusion will upset the whole balance of the team.
    He doesn't spin the ball so playing overseas isn't that much of a worry.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,069
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Could be but he isnt known as a well thinking player.
    He seems to be Imad's go-to guy when he needs advice or isn't sure about what to do.

    Good combination, Imad-Afridi-Mickey, so far.



  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    and not keep either.

    Are you talking about Sarfraz?
    Lol only if Sarfaraz could keep his love of Naharis at bay. Which is as unlikely as Imad behaving like a cricketer on the ground rather than a model.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,909
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    can anyone explain how he is a good captain in his three games so far? just because your team wins doesn't make you a good captain, you can be an average captain but have great players


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    752
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just doesn't have the quality as far as I'm concerned, very average with the bat, somehow good with the ball despite being such a one trick easy to read pony and that isn't competitive against the likes of Shadab and Fahim, I just don't see Imad as a player who has a lot of untapped potential compared to the other two. We can't go down the road of Sarfi with him, where Sarfi literally is the most out of place player in the entire team coming in at 6.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    734
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi 3-0, so far he looks capable. Now if only his power hitting game can improve consistently, then it's a no-brainer that he'll be Pak VC. His arm-ball-only bowling STILL not exposed by batsmen, but alas...

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,722
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The captain first and foremost has to be the first name on the playing XI. Imad Wasim does not merit a selection right now in the ODI format. He does not turn, loop, flight the ball to make it as a bowler. He can not hit big in the end, accumulate over a long time to stabilize or strike the ball in the PP to make it as a batsman. The less said about him in the field, the better.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    7,476
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    can anyone explain how he is a good captain in his three games so far? just because your team wins doesn't make you a good captain, you can be an average captain but have great players
    Excellent bowling changes, had proper plans against the top order batsmen of each teams. Didnt give last overs to emerging player Moh Irfan Jnr and still gave him proper opportunity and got the best out of him. Even after a bad ball encouraged the bowler by saying no problem.

    Team under him looks united and with roles properly defined. Really impressed with his captaincy not only bcz he has won games, I would still have been impressed if KK would have lost all three matches.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •