Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 116 of 116
  1. #81
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    29,051
    Mentioned
    1330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Afridi gives key captaincy advice to Imad

    Pakistan former captain Shahid Afridi, praised fellow Karachi Kings mate Imad Wasim, for the youngster captaincy in the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL).

    Afridi joined Karachi Kings in PSL third edition, after his stint with Peshawar Zalmi in the previous two seasons. The veteran informed about his current working with Kings.

    “Imad Wasim is a very good captain, he is leading the Karachi Kings franchise well. I advise him that you should make your own decisions, more often, as it is his learning curve.”

    “The good thing about Imad is not emotional and seeks advice from senior players including myself, which is a sign of a leader as cricket is a team’s game,” said Afridi.

    Regarding his future in cricket, the six hitting machine stated that he is playing out of love for his fans and foundation, and will continue to do so till he is fit. “I would continue to play league cricket, and will only quit if I deemed myself unfit for the game,”

    The Karachi Kings would play their fourth game against Multan Sultans on March 2 in Sharjah.

    https://www.brecorder.com/2018/02/28...dvice-to-imad/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #82
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    390
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad and Sarfaraz I think can become better VC, Captain for Pakistan if they resolve their issues. I feel Imad is a better thinker of the game than Sarfaraz. On the other hand, Sarfaraz is a better task master.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    390
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Afridi or any of the Akmal brothers should have been made captain.
    Man, Captaincy to Misbah came when everything failed.

    Malik -- Failed
    Younis -- Failed but temperamental
    Yousuf -- Failed
    Afiridi -- Failed ( except for WC SF)
    Butt -- caught
    K Akmal -- dubious keeping ( did not deserve to be in the team )
    S Akhtar -- was breathing his last days in cricket
    Amir -- caught
    Asif -- caught

    In fact, at that time , there was no options left? So may be Ijaz Butt thought its time for a toss - up between Misbah and Ijaz Butt himself ( for being Pak captain ).

    May be you have not watched matches all theses years, or you have watched only Bolein Kya beat hai, Game on hai, and other media talk shows.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems like he forgot Ifran Jnr is also playing... Give him a damn ball.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Irfan Jnr Got the wicket of Luke Ronchi in his first over... Game is almost over though

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,083
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Bowlers let him down today as did the selfish duo of Khurram Manzoor and Babar Azam.



  7. #87
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    4,937
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good reply to Ramiz at the presentation. It's a one off game so shouldn't be too worried. I like his captaincy. but a shame that his game is poor.


    “I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

  8. #88
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,413
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many wickets has he taken and how many runs did he score so far in this tournament?

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,733
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    How many wickets has he taken and how many runs did he score so far in this tournament?
    A captain who doesn’t merit a place in the team will never inspire his team. Even a mediocre captain who performs can overachieve with his side like Mathews.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    New Jersey
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imad being exposed as a captain. Sarfaraz outclassed him today. Imad looked clueless today, opting to bowl first when his team doesn't have the batsmen to chase big totals. The experiment of sending Afridi to open backfired on him big time. Can't believe posters want this guy to captain the national team just because he can speak good english.


    YOUNIS KHAN MUST NOT PLAY!

  11. #91
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    29,051
    Mentioned
    1330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  12. #92
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,010
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    his faux bravado fools people into thinking he knows what he is doing


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  13. #93
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,888
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imranrizvi85 View Post
    Imad being exposed as a captain. Sarfaraz outclassed him today. Imad looked clueless today, opting to bowl first when his team doesn't have the batsmen to chase big totals. The experiment of sending Afridi to open backfired on him big time. Can't believe posters want this guy to captain the national team just because he can speak good english.
    His English is hardly good. It's okay...I thought Imam spoke much better than this guy.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    99,998
    Mentioned
    1809 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #95
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,641
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible.

    Does anyone still want to hype his captaincy? A star studded line up for KK and he seems incapable of inspiring them. Add to that his questionable tactics on the field, like bowling Bopara to Malik and now bowling Munro to Asif Ali. What did he think would happen?!

  16. #96
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,707
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More show than actual tactics. Absolute rubbish. Would much rather Babar have been given the captaincy to let him develop some leadership skills.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    1,191
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad is quite a poor captain.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    6,017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Terrible.

    Does anyone still want to hype his captaincy? A star studded line up for KK and he seems incapable of inspiring them. Add to that his questionable tactics on the field, like bowling Bopara to Malik and now bowling Munro to Asif Ali. What did he think would happen?!
    He is a PATHETIC captain. To me, he doesnt want to bowl under pressure. There was no need to give Munro an over at that time when rest of the bowlers were bowling fine. You dont want to give a bowler like munro to bowl against a batsman who is well set and can hit with ease against miltary medium bowlers.

    Imad should have bowled that over.

    What i feel, he does not want to bowl when team is under pressure and there is a batsman who he think can hit him. He doesnt have that much confidence in his abilities.
    Last match against peshwar he didnt bowl in PP against Kamran, same thinkg happened against when Karachi played Islambad in their first game, he didnt start bowling against Ronchi.
    Today he did and he contained Ronchi, he doesnt believe in his abilities.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    469
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sehsan View Post
    He is a PATHETIC captain. To me, he doesnt want to bowl under pressure. There was no need to give Munro an over at that time when rest of the bowlers were bowling fine. You dont want to give a bowler like munro to bowl against a batsman who is well set and can hit with ease against miltary medium bowlers.

    Imad should have bowled that over.

    What i feel, he does not want to bowl when team is under pressure and there is a batsman who he think can hit him. He doesnt have that much confidence in his abilities.
    Last match against peshwar he didnt bowl in PP against Kamran, same thinkg happened against when Karachi played Islambad in their first game, he didnt start bowling against Ronchi.
    Today he did and he contained Ronchi, he doesnt believe in his abilities.
    + against Lahore Qalandars he didn't bowl single over of Umer Khan. He is a very ordinary captain with the defensive mindset.
    When Shinwari got smashed by Asif, any captain would have bowled with his Frontline bowler in the next over to get rid of any of the 2 set batsman but he used Munro to save 4 overs of fast bowlers for the last & match was done & dusted there.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,582
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He’s not terrible but he’s ordinary.

    If you want to know what terrible captaincy looks like, watch when Rizwan is captaining. Or Azhar Ali


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  21. #101
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,690
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His blunders cost Karachi the game today.

    He might one day become a leader, but will always lack behind in the strategy area.

    Sarfraz is still a lot better compared to him.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,083
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    He was badly let down by senior players today:

    Shinwari who had a brain-freeze when bowling
    Rizwan who dropped a game-changing catch.
    Last edited by Saj; 28th February 2019 at 03:04.



  23. #103
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    469
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    He was badly let down by senior players today:

    Shinwari who had a brain-freeze when bowling
    Rizwan who dropped a game-changing catch.
    Shinwari don't have a brain, so question of brain freeze doesn't arises.

    Imad is being criticized due to not bowling with the right bowler at right time, he should learn something from Morgan today, who could have used any fast bowler in the 48th over to contain Windies but preferred to get wickets & gave the over to Adil Rashid.

  24. #104
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good comeback from Imad today- holding LQ to 140 on a flat pitch.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,083
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Picked a better team today.

    He had more bowling options, 3 spinners including himself and the batting depth looked good too.



  26. #106
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,641
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So threatened by Umer Khan he didn't let him bowl his whole quota (again).

  27. #107
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,188
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    So threatened by Umer Khan he didn't let him bowl his whole quota (again).
    not just that didnt allow iftikhar to bowl his quota too. He could have got 1 more atleast when corey anderson was on the crease. He even had AB out, though I wouldnt say that AB struggles against off spin, but he should have given 1 more at the very least to Iftikhar, he was bowling beautifully

    looked more of politics and less of captaincy. In international matches, he opens the bowling, in PSL rarely he has opened the bowling like this match and the one before I think, otherwise he would not
    Last edited by kamz; 1st March 2019 at 07:32.


    عبدي أنت تريد ، وأنا أريد ، ولا يكون إلا ما أريد ، فإن سلمت لي فيما تريد كفيتك ما تريد

  28. #108
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,000
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's the take on Imad Wasim's captaincy after his team has been knocked out of the PSL. For me, he still has a long way to go as a captain. He was completely at sea today in all facets of the game. Batting, bowling and strategy all were no where to be seen from him today.
    Last edited by shaaik; 14th March 2019 at 23:39.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,005
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what was the need to give Ifti an over?

  30. #110
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    2,964
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did Imad Kept Babar at long on and long off ? That is not his natural fielding position and as a result Karachi lost.

  31. #111
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    So what's the take on Imad Wasim's captaincy after his team has been knocked out of the PSL. For me, he still has a long way to go as a captain. He was completely at sea today in all facets of the game today. Batting, bowling and strategy all were no where to seen from him today.
    I don't think any captain can use Shinwari in the right way.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,000
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I don't think any captain can use Shinwari in the right way.
    Can't agree more..

  33. #113
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,000
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Why did Imad Kept Babar at long on and long off ? That is not his natural fielding position and as a result Karachi lost.
    To be fair to Babar, he did catch brilliantly before dropping that Asif Ali catch and with it the game.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    2,964
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    To be fair to Babar, he did catch brilliantly before dropping that Asif Ali catch and with it the game.
    Simply by looking him run, one can know that Babar is not a natural outfielder.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,931
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have bought amir back for 17th instead of shinwari. Otherwise ok today tbf


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  36. #116
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    71,083
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Badly let down by some of his senior players in the field and with the ball.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •