Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which T20 league is the best?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Bash League

8 5.56%
  • Indian Premier League

96 66.67%
  • Caribbean Premier League

1 0.69%
  • Pakistan Super League

33 22.92%
  • NatWest T20 Blast

1 0.69%
  • Bangladesh Premier League

5 3.47%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Which is the best T20 League?

A few to choose from - dont just go by the commercial aspect but the enjoyment

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    A few to choose from - dont just go by the commercial aspect but the enjoyment
    PSL; it offers help for both bowlers and batsmen; remind me of real cricket of how it used to be not the all batsmen cricket nowadays

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enjoyment? IPL.

Everything else? IPL.

You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope everyone says IPL otherwise this thread will go to 10 pages with IPL fans seething and attacking people for their opinions

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    I hope everyone says IPL otherwise this thread will go to 10 pages with IPL fans seething and attacking people for their opinions
    People need to vote using their brain more than their heart.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    Do y'all even follow all the leagues? I haven't seen IPL or BBL, at all. But I do like PSL for its cricket, however; Carribean has that flavour that no other league has

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    The OP says to list the league, posters enjoy the most. Enjoyment normally comes for the heart not the brain.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Excitement? Big Bash. It's the only one I've bothered watching to some extent asides for home league PSL

Every other metric? It HAS to be IPL. I mean really there isn't any other choice....

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jani_nasir View Post
    Do y'all even follow all the leagues? I haven't seen IPL or BBL, at all. But I do like PSL for its cricket, however; Carribean has that flavour that no other league has
    I am not sure about others but yes I do follow and watch the highlights for most of the league matches.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL and BBL - That's all i watch and it's some good quality cricket. The catching and fielding has been superb, no runs are given easily. And love the unique celebrations from all bowlers in PSL. It's becoming iconic.

In IPL, every tom dick and harry hits sixes for fun off someone like Mitchel Starc even.

Imran Khan - Real king khan to lead Pakistan to glory

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think the thread asks you which is your favorite T20 league, the question asked is which do you think is the best T20 league.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    People need to take their green-tinted glasses off.

I understand that it is too much for some our of resident champions of delusion, but the Empty Stadium League, formerly known as the Pakistan Super League, is rubbish.

The quality of batting is dreadful and the quality of bowling is poor. No wonder it appears "competitive" to some people. The quality is consistently and competitively poor.

I have had a lot of time for the PSL and the potential that it has, but if this is the product that we have after two years - notwithstanding the constraints it is subjected to - then I do not see much hope for the future.

Things might get better if/when it returns to Pakistan on a full-scale, but there are too many problems and issues with this so-called Super League that go beyond the venue.

Comparing it to the IPL is like comparing Faisal Iqbal to Virat Kohli.

The Empty Stadium League is not 1% of the IPL, and I have serious doubts if it is even comparable to the BPL or the CPL.

It was always going to be a cheap IPL rip-off, and we had no option but to copy and produce a woeful imitation, but at least we should have done a half-decent job.

It is absolutely shambolic. A complete disaster. Instead of improving, it has only gone backwards. This edition has been the worst so far by some distance. I am done with this joke of a tournament.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    IPL or BBL

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I voted PSL becuase you said vote based on your enjoyment and I genuinely enjoy PSL more than other leagues.

But the IPL is still the best league by a pretty huge margin.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People voting for PSL? Have you been sleeping through this edition or what? Can't blame you if you have tbh

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even though it has regressed over the years (slightly) but IPL still reigns supreme. The attendance, celebrities, star players. Its been pretty solid for a good number of years. Everything else comes after.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People need to take their green-tinted glasses off.

I understand that it is too much for some our of resident champions of delusion, but the Empty Stadium League, formerly known as the Pakistan Super League, is rubbish.

The quality of batting is dreadful and the quality of bowling is poor. No wonder it appears "competitive" to some people. The quality is consistently and competitively poor.

I have had a lot of time for the PSL and the potential that it has, but if this is the product that we have after two years - notwithstanding the constraints it is subjected to - then I do not see much hope for the future.

Things might get better if/when it returns to Pakistan on a full-scale, but there are too many problems and issues with this so-called Super League that go beyond the venue.

Comparing it to the IPL is like comparing Faisal Iqbal to Virat Kohli.

The Empty Stadium League is not 1% of the IPL, and I have serious doubts if it is even comparable to the BPL or the CPL.

It was always going to be a cheap IPL rip-off, and we had no option but to copy and produce a woeful imitation, but at least we should have done a half-decent job.

It is absolutely shambolic. A complete disaster. Instead of improving, it has only gone backwards. This edition has been the worst so far by some distance. I am done with this joke of a tournament.
    Come on itís not that bad. You sound overly pessimistic.

I agree that the PSL is not at all comparable to the IPL and the BBL but it really isnít as bad as you think it is.

Yes the tournament has regressed a bit from the first edition, but quality of the bowling is fine if you ask me and the fielding has been great this year.

Itís still very enjoyable to me just because itís the Pakistan super league.

But I get your concerns. Knowing the PCB and Pakistan in general I also feel that the league will probably get worser and worser as the years go by.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IPL and it's not even close. Our fans need to put there biased away. This year's PSL has been rubbish.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This season PSL convinces me even BPL is far better. These are some of the worst pitches I have seen for a t20 league which makes for a boring league.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Purely on the basis of enjoyment (not commercial)

IPL > BBL > BPL > CPL > PSL

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or this PSL 3 has really been boring so far, compared to the previous editions?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously how can people vote for psl .I'm watched this year some match it's must be wrost T20 leauge in the world.dull atmosphere,no crowd,wrost T20 pitches, even commentators qwalitys pretty bad.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asking which is your favourite T20 league is like asking which is your favourite International team.Indian fans would say IPL,Pakistan fans would say PSL and Australian Fans would say BBL.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Poland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year PSL is boring. Last year it was much better. I feaf they will lose some TV viewers as well if they improve with their graphics quality. They also not displaying important stuff like player score. Luke ronchi got out , I had to look at cricbuzz to know how much he scored. Also good batsman are making runs and others are just not playing well.

A little batting friendly pitch and good camera work will make this tournament better.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't want to take much away but not having thousands of fans buzzing through your ears in the stadium probably helps calm the nerves.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has regressed and the best way to sum it up although it doesn't affect the quality of the cricket in any way is that cringeworth dandruff move - just embarrassing!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ipl is surely best in the business.BBL can compete if Australian star players like S Smith,Warner,Starc etc plays in BBL like they play in the Ipl.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL and its not even close.

IPL

Day light

BBL

Rest of the leagues in no particular order

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't watched nor followed IPL since 2008.

Have only seen a few matches of BBL.

Haven't watched nor followed BPL ever.

Have only seen a few matches of the CPL.

Have watched PSL all three seasons so far.

I'm sure there are many Pakistan fans like me on this forum. Difficult to come to a conclusion about the best T20 league when you don't even watch any of them.

In-terms of popularity it's the IPL. No other league gets a separate window. No other league has a population of a billion following it

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    IPL and its not even close.

IPL

Day light

BBL

Rest of the leagues in no particular order
    Actually BPL plays out in crowded stadiums and has more international stars willing to visit BD. Basically all Pak team + All BD team + all the same mercenaries + All the oldies + some additional stars who are willing to come there for few matches.. This talent pool along with lively pitches, full stadiums, good money makes it a compelling entertainment product, certainly better than PSL. CPL has similar advantages along with more players willing to play there. But money seems to be less than both PSL and BPL

Pakistan is losing out as not only they are not playing their games in Pakistan, all their stars are available to all the competing leagues. Pak players are the first to sign up to play each and every league in the world. There is no need to for, say a fan of Hassan Ali to wait for PSL or Pak matches to watch him perform. Any T20 league will do.. PCB and Pak players are are diluting their brand and selling out cheap

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So far. The matches are still going on, would be keen to know the result at the end of the PSL 18.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Asking which is your favourite T20 league is like asking which is your favourite International team.Indian fans would say IPL,Pakistan fans would say PSL and Australian Fans would say BBL.
    Exactly.

Why would any Indian fan prefer the PSL when there are no Indian players.

I find it funny Pakistan fans feel the IPL better, sure its' better for you to watch Indian cricketers and no Pakistani cricketers.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best T20 League in terms of Excitement

In all of the leagues I have witnessed till now, this years IPL has been the best in terms of quality, attendance and the best part has been the excitement. No issues in calling it the best T20 league today around the world. Even BBL has not been that good as compared to IPL this season. Almost every game a last over finish is guaranteed.

In terms of quality, well so many batting and bowling prospects are produced for future. Be it Avesh Khan, Shivam Mavi, Shreyas Iyer, Shubhman Gill, Ankit Rajpoot etc etc, And the legends are coming back into their best form, I mean Dhoni here.

We are seeing the best foreign talent as well. Well all over its proved after this season that noone matches IPL excitement in any other world league. Any other thoughts?

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Poland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed this year the games from BBL, PSL and IPL. I think this year's IPL has been pretty good, followed by last few matches of PSL.

IPL does have some good bowling shows as well.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Positive View Post
    In all of the leagues I have witnessed till now, this years IPL has been the best in terms of quality, attendance and the best part has been the excitement. No issues in calling it the best T20 league today around the world. Even BBL has not been that good as compared to IPL this season. Almost every game a last over finish is guaranteed.

In terms of quality, well so many batting and bowling prospects are produced for future. Be it Avesh Khan, Shivam Mavi, Shreyas Iyer, Shubhman Gill, Ankit Rajpoot etc etc, And the legends are coming back into their best form, I mean Dhoni here.

We are seeing the best foreign talent as well. Well all over its proved after this season that noone matches IPL excitement in any other world league. Any other thoughts?
    Also loved the two low scores defended by SRH, their bowling and captaincy is top notch.

Real surprise is how Ashwin is leading the team, his tactics are spot on, and best by any Indian captain so far in T20, including Dhoni and Kohli.

Usually i don't watch IPL but Kings XI this year, have that X factor.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL you useually get a lot of good matches, that are close. Will never forget the Lahore/ Karachi Match that went into the super over it was epic.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL, but thats not saying much.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PSL 2018 -Two Super Over matches
    IPL 2018 - ZERO Super Over Matches

Monetary point of view IPL is no 1
    Quality of cricket, entertainment , Quality of Bowling & Fielding, emotional involvement of players ( Sammy, Sir Viv )
    PSL is no 1

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL,comfortably.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not even a question.

Any UNBIASED & MENTALLY STABLE person would say IPL.

IPL
    BBL
    PSL/ CPL

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at those delusional 17 folks who voted for that league. read the thread title properly folks.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The only league that I watch is PSL (and that too occasionally only), BBL although seems more enjoyable but since PSL is something I can relate to due to city Fan base & the local banter, I voted for PSL.

No idea of what's happening in the rest of the mentioned leagues whatsoever so can't really say much.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Lol at those delusional 17 folks who voted for that league. read the thread title properly folks.
    You guys really are an insecure bunch aren't you?? I mean people have a right to share an opinion or is that too much for you snowflake lot to comprehend?

I mean I understand that Indians in general need validation to feel good about themselves but demeaning others just to because they don't align with whatever convoluted thought process you might be having at a personal level is a new type of low that I am seeing for the past few months on Pakpassion.

If this is how it is in India then I just feel sorry for you guys. I hope you can sort these issues out and lead a peaceful life in future.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should vote for the best T20 league after IPL. IPL is far ahead of the rest in every aspect, and I'm a Pakistan and PSL fan/supporter.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    You guys really are an insecure bunch aren't you?? I mean people have a right to share an opinion or is that too much for you snowflake lot to comprehend?

I mean I understand that Indians in general need validation to feel good about themselves but demeaning others just to because they don't align with whatever convoluted thought process you might be having at a personal level is a new type of low that I am seeing for the past few months on Pakpassion.

If this is how it is in India then I just feel sorry for you guys. I hope you can sort these issues out and lead a peaceful life in future.
    I talked only about those 17 folks which in my OPINION are delusional folks but in reply you are giving us the reason why you hate India and Indian people in general. You need to take a chill pill. I don’t care if any pak hates IPL. Why would I expect Pak fans to like IPL which rejected pak players. I only applaud pak fans who chose IPL and still support / watch IPL.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only watch the best league, PSL. I tried to watch other leagues but they were such a bore, i simply couldn't continue.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Only watch the best league, PSL. I tried to watch other leagues but they were such a bore, i simply couldn't continue.
    If you able to survive after watching PSL then you can watch any T20 League in the world

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    If you able to survive after watching PSL then you can watch any T20 League in the world
    After watching PSL, i'm afraid i find no joy in watching other leagues-not even as substitutes.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's a close run between the CPL and PSL. I think it is because they both present a real contest between bat and ball owing to the pitches they play on.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There a big difference between what's your favorite league and what in your opinion is the best league. Would you say Pakistan is the best Test and ODI team currently if asked what's the best team in the world right now? However, it would be apt to say Pakistan is your favorite team though. There's a difference.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    There a big difference between what's your favorite league and what in your opinion is the best league. Would you say Pakistan is the best Test and ODI team currently if asked what's the best team in the world right now? However, it would be apt to say Pakistan is your favorite team though. There's a difference.
    There's a difference between cricket leagues and cricket teams.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    There's a difference between cricket leagues and cricket teams.
    I wasn't comparing them, I was merely giving an example. Was Australia my favorite team during the period of their dominance? No. But were they the best team? Yes, by a long, long shot.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The problem is you can only judge what's best or what's not best if you personally watch multiple leagues, and have information on them to make an evaluation of such sorts. For me league cricket revolves around PSL and a few games of Big Bash but since I relate to PSL I personally think it is the best league since I get the most entertained by it of all the league games that I might watch.

Many casual league fans that I know in my social circle and in my family as well, only watch PSL so they will make a claim for PSL to be the best league because that's the only cricketing product they're interested in all year round. Even my younger brother and my parents are not avid cricket followers by any stretch of imagination but when PSL comes around they will regularly watch games as the franchises relate to local demographics in Pakistan.

You can't bash people of having this particular opinion because based on 'their' experience that is the best cricketing product that they might be interested in and watch it on a consistent basis. Of course, then there is international cricket which is another ball game altogether but as far as leagues go considering Garbage A is better than Garbage B is hardly any achievement of any sorts whatsoever.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't comparing them, I was merely giving an example. Was Australia my favorite team during the period of their dominance? No. But were they the best team? Yes, by a long, long shot.
    If you are not comparing them then it is not really an example, or not a good example anyway.

You are correct that there is a difference between "best" and "favourite" cricket team. "Favourite" is judged by subjective criteria i.e. the team you personally support. "Best" is judged by objective criteria i.e. winning percentage.

But it is different when you ask someone about cricket leagues. There is no objective criteria as such. Therefore, most people will judge a league by how entertaining it is for them personally. As a result, they will normally consider their "favourite" league to also be the "best" league.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    If you are not comparing them then it is not really an example, or not a good example anyway.

You are correct that there is a difference between "best" and "favourite" cricket team. "Favourite" is judged by subjective criteria i.e. the team you personally support. "Best" is judged by objective criteria i.e. winning percentage.

But it is different when you ask someone about cricket leagues. There is no objective criteria as such. Therefore, most people will judge a league by how entertaining it is for them personally. As a result, they will normally consider their "favourite" league to also be the "best" league.
    You must be naive to think there is no objective criteria to judge a league...there are lots of objective criteria like quality of players, television deals, sponsors etc..Cricinfo had an article about all these..IPL is head and shoulders above every league and we shouldn't even be wasting time to discuss which is the best league..the whos who of world cricket are in India right now covering the IPL and only time when they gather usually is every 4 years during a world cup...so that should tell you ..plus the fact that ICC created a separate window for IPL.. something which no other league enjoy s..

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordchamp View Post
    You must be naive to think there is no objective criteria to judge a league...there are lots of objective criteria like quality of players, television deals, sponsors etc..Cricinfo had an article about all these..IPL is head and shoulders above every league and we shouldn't even be wasting time to discuss which is the best league..the whos who of world cricket are in India right now covering the IPL and only time when they gather usually is every 4 years during a world cup...so that should tell you ..plus the fact that ICC created a separate window for IPL.. something which no other league enjoy s..
    You are basically just talking about money, which is the Indian way of judging most things. But most people would not judge their favourite or best league by that criteria. As far as quality of cricket is concerned - which is a more legitimate way of judging a league - I am probably not the only person who thinks the IPL is nowhere near the top. It does not really matter if I am right or wrong about that; the point is that it's subjective in a way that judging the best cricket team is not.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pakistani have delusion of highest level, just because they have habit of living in deephole, it doesn't mean that there is nothing in outside world. Psl have competition but it is mediocre level competition, because there is just no batting talent.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BPL is the best league as my favourite players play in it and is the only league I watch.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamil Nadu Premier League

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the analysis:

when you ask to give an objective answer, the analysis for the league should only cover objective parameters. so this immediately rules out biases, like "feel","quality (of course not objective quality but what you guys feel as a quality","your personal preferences"

coming back to the best league.

IPL is far ahead in viewership, Quality of Players, Stakes, Reach, Popularity, so much so that the other leagues except PSL have become an audition leagues for players to jump into IPL,

more over IPL franchises are buying clubs in other leagues as well, for example

"In June 2015, they bought a stake in the Caribbean Premier League cricket team Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel[11] and later in 2016, renamed it Trinbago Knight Riders.[12] In July 2017, they bought Cape Town Knight Riders in the newly formed T20 Global League.[13]"

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolkata_Knight_Riders

SO IPL right now is on another level, while every other league just wants to start of earning money by playing few matches , IPL on the other hand is trying new business tactics so that the Franchises can earn money the entire year as opposed to the IPL window.

if we go by this trend, IPL can very well make cricket famous around the globe.

apart from this, lets come back to quality, players from around the globe want to be a part of IPL, these are not some lousy *** second grade players, but good players, best of the best out of the current best teams such as England, Australia, South Africa, (and others)

Because the quality of a match depends on the quality of the players

That is why, IPL is the best league right now in the world objectively. and if you believe other wise, well, you are giving in to your cognitive biases

check : https://www.edume.org/cognitive-bias/

Be clear, it doesn't hurt to accept the truth, even if it hurts, because then you learn to make choices based on it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Some people are struggling to distinguish between "my favorite league" and "best league".

PSL may be your favorite league and that is perfectly normal, since it is a Pakistani league. However, to call it the "best league" because it is your favorite league is comical.

Let's not confuse the two entirely different aspects. It is like saying that Pakistan is the best team in the world because it is the team that I support.

IPL is by far the best league in the world by any objective metric. It is the gold standard of franchise cricket, and all other leagues are nothing but poor imitations, and they cannot surpass the IPL and its 10 year history because it cannot compete with BCCI's resources.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Some people are struggling to distinguish between "my favorite league" and "best league".

PSL may be your favorite league and that is perfectly normal, since it is a Pakistani league. However, to call it the "best league" because it is your favorite league is comical.

Let's not confuse the two entirely different aspects. It is like saying that Pakistan is the best team in the world because it is the team that I support.

IPL is by far the best league in the world by any objective metric. It is the gold standard of franchise cricket, and all other leagues are nothing but poor imitations, and they cannot surpass the IPL and its 10 year history because it cannot compete with BCCI's resources.
    Here is what I posted previously -

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And truthfully, you do not need to feel less. PSL has just started, there is no need to compare or make fun of it, they both have their place, I wish Pakistan all the best and hope that the enmity between countries resolve.

but that does not mean we should not be objective and correct in our assessment. people respect people who are at least honest to themselves and making an effort to come out of their delusions.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    IPL.

Some big names which IPL has:-

Gayle, de Villiers, Warner, Russell, Bravo, Pollard, Boult, McCullum, Cummins, Stokes, Watson, Kohli, Rohit, Dhoni and the rest.

And then you have players like Lynn, Miller and Maxwell who became stars for their team in limited overs due to IPL.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ipl>bbl>bpl>psl>cpl

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Has to be IPL if money is the yardstick - for personal satisfaction, I would say PSL as that is our league and I enjoy seeing our players do well

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best is IPL, favorite is PSL

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The worst league has to be the NatWest T20 blast though.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has to be IPL. Biggest league with a lot of money invested into it. However, PSL is naturally my favourite for obvious reasons.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My views have changed after this atrocious ongoing BPL and I would now rate it below CPL.

My rating as follows:

IPL
    Natwest T20 Blast
    Big Bash
    Mzansi Super League
    PSL
    CPL
    BPL
    Afg Premier league

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PSL will be at par with IPL if played in Pakistan
    IPL is good but too long
    CPL BBL kinda similar though CPL is more fun

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Psl is the best.. amazing local talents. Tournament with lot of flair.
    I donít watch ipl anymore but it was boring when I watched it 7-8 years back.
    Bbl, cpl, natwest t20 are next best I feel.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    PSL will be at par with IPL if played in Pakistan
    IPL is good but too long
    CPL BBL kinda similar though CPL is more fun
    True, huge passion for cricket there. Even as a fan, I didn't care about the PSL matches in UAE but for the games held in Pakistan I done everything to try and watch. I hope in future editions we can get as many games as possible in Pakistan, and not just in the big cities such as Karachi + Lahore.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL and IPL don't belong in same sentence. It does not matter where PSL is played.

IPL is by far the best and second tier is BBL and CPL rest of them all are third grade.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IPL for sure, it would be better though if Pakistani players were involved.

and Lol @ PSL... I think it was the final where Chris Jordan was the highest run getter for Peshawar, which is hilarious.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    My views have changed after this atrocious ongoing BPL and I would now rate it below CPL.

My rating as follows:

IPL
    Natwest T20 Blast
    Big Bash
    Mzansi Super League
    PSL
    CPL
    BPL
    Afg Premier league
    If you are talking purely about team quality and competition level PSL ranks above MSL.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL
    BBL
    PSL
    CPL
    MSL
    Vitality T20
    BPL
    APL

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ipl

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me its the below. I have not watched or seen any other leagues.

BBL
    IPL
    Natwest T20
    BPL(only the playoffs are decent)