Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 141
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,991
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO] Kevin Pietersen says he won't go to Pakistan if Quetta progress to latter stages of PSL 3

    Kevin Pietersen at a presser a short while ago:

    "Desperate for Nadeem Omar to get a trophy, he's a kind, wonderful man. Whether we win or lose, we enjoy together. What Nadeem and Sarfaraz have created is a family team."

    "The Omar family is a wonderful family, they're incredibly humble, they're not super emotional like a lot of the other owners, they don't go dancing in the crowds but they give us their full support and we know they back us. If we lose, the smile is still there and likewise if we win."

    "Pakistan is lucky to have Sarfaraz as a captain, all the players like him and he's got a very good cricket brain."

    "The World Cup is only 12 months away and I think it would be a very clever decision for the PCB to say to him 'You are leading our team to the World Cup' because you can't replace your captain 12 months before the World Cup. If you replace your captain after he's done well like Sarfaraz, and he's a good captain and leader, the next captain will think he can be replaced before the World Cup too. You back your captain and your players feel safe too."





    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th February 2018 at 20:54.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,504
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well why select him if he isn't willing to travel to Pakistan?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,003
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Well why select him if he isn't willing to travel to Pakistan?
    Agreed. No logical reasons for players to not be willing to travel to Pakistan now.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,504
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Agreed. No logical reasons for players to not be willing to travel to Pakistan now.

    Exactly. Don't want a situation like last year where none of QG main foreign players didn't want to travel to Pakistan and they had rubbish overseas players.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,991
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Exactly. Don't want a situation like last year where none of QG main foreign players didn't want to travel to Pakistan and they had rubbish overseas players.
    Could haunt them again. KP has said no and Watson has repeatedly said he's undecided.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,282
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Well why select him if he isn't willing to travel to Pakistan?
    Didn't Najam Sethi had said that players who are in draft would be required to travel to Pakistan if their team reach playoffs

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,496
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    This will be the case always. Some players will go to Pakistan, many wont.

    If players are selected only on basis whether they go to Pakistan or not, then a thin choice list will go thinner.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    3,141
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Didn't Najam Sethi had said that players who are in draft would be required to travel to Pakistan if their team reach playoffs
    Sethi sahab mun ke fire maarne mein champion hain


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,504
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Didn't Najam Sethi had said that players who are in draft would be required to travel to Pakistan if their team reach playoffs

    He said last year players who are selected have agreed to travel to Pakistan. You can't force players to go.

    At least next year we won't have this same issue with KP as he will he retired.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,038
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bench him now and play someone who is willing to travel. No point in winning games and reach final and then the whole batting lineup need to be reshuffled. Would love to see KK Vs QG

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,477
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I'm not comfortable with players, commentators or anyone else taking part in the PSL who is not prepared to play in Pakistan.



  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not really fair for his franchise... At least the franchise should wake up and plan for a back up right now so that they are left high and dry at the final lap.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the prerequisite for the players to get into the draft was that they are willing to travel to Pak. I thought that is what Najam Sethi was saying before the draft. I hope that statement was not one more of PCBs open lies..

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    712
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone is being far too high and mighty on this. If the players or staff were transparent about not willing to go to Pakistan or deciding on a later date, they have every right to do so, its on the team to adjust and decide accordingly. There absolutely are logical reasons for not wanting to tour. It's the perfect for opportunity for any enemy of the state to make a mark, I don't blame any player for their concern about coming and they have the right to abstain.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,003
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    Everyone is being far too high and mighty on this. If the players or staff were transparent about not willing to go to Pakistan or deciding on a later date, they have every right to do so, its on the team to adjust and decide accordingly. There absolutely are logical reasons for not wanting to tour. It's the perfect for opportunity for any enemy of the state to make a mark, I don't blame any player for their concern about coming and they have the right to abstain.
    The PCB has proven they can provide failsafe security in Pakistan multiple times now.

    These “perfect opportunities” have happened before as well.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,477
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    I thought the prerequisite for the players to get into the draft was that they are willing to travel to Pak. I thought that is what Najam Sethi was saying before the draft. I hope that statement was not one more of PCBs open lies..
    I think Sethi and co did not have the guts to say to KP that he was not welcome at the PSL if he was not prepared to play in Pakistan.



  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,027
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    The PCB has proven they can provide failsafe security in Pakistan multiple times now.

    These “perfect opportunities” have happened before as well.
    I agree the security will be the best security for players playing in any sports competition worldwide. The problem is it doesn't have to involve the teams but any attack, even outside of the stadium will be a big blow.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    13,946
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    This is not really fair for his franchise... At least the franchise should wake up and plan for a back up right now so that they are left high and dry at the final lap.
    Who's to say that he hasn't already communicated that internally and they do have a plan in place?

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    712
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    The PCB has proven they can provide failsafe security in Pakistan multiple times now.

    These “perfect opportunities” have happened before as well.
    Just because I walk over a creaking bridge over a river doesn't mean you have an obligation to follow me

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,893
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, “risking” his final paycheck to go to Pakistan when he has a family waiting at home is not a smart decision for KP. That being said, Pakistan cricket can not afford players signed to PSL not willing to go to Pakistan. It’s been 9 years and despite the CT win, it’s a miracle Pakistan is still going as strong as it is.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    279
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think PSL should be held in Pakistan next year. No point having it in UAE because there is no crowd. At least people will show up to watch matches in Pakistan. Even if we lose most of the high caliber players i think it's still worth it. If everything goes well and PSL continues to be successful in Pakistan i'm sure big players will eventually come to Pakistan. Having it in UAE is only hurting the league. We gotta start somewhere and i think the sooner the better.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably wont happen next year,moving on.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    520
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    I think PSL should be held in Pakistan next year. No point having it in UAE because there is no crowd. At least people will show up to watch matches in Pakistan. Even if we lose most of the high caliber players i think it's still worth it. If everything goes well and PSL continues to be successful in Pakistan i'm sure big players will eventually come to Pakistan. Having it in UAE is only hurting the league. We gotta start somewhere and i think the sooner the better.
    Had the franchises wanted the game to be played in Pakistan, they would have already pressured PCB into doing so. Pak is their domestic market! Why wouldn’t they? Simple reason is they don’t want to do it.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th February 2018 at 23:16.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,272
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No problem with this, as long as players make that clear they won't go to Pakistan when the sign the contract.

    It's understandable. Foreign cricketers see a country which not only has been unsafe with multiple bombings on the same day, but also cricket players themselves targeted (as in the case of Sri Lankan team). It doesn't matter how much security there is if they fear that terrorists will target them. The Sri Lankan attack never should have happened and our security was awful, we're lucky none of the Sri Lankan players died. That bus driver's bravery and quick thinking saved them.

    PSL isn't just about winning, it's about putting on a show, and the majority of matches aren't finals held in Pakistan. KP can help his team reach there, and instill confidence in them by winning games even if he isn't there to carry them over the final hurdle.

    What I would recommend however is Franchises should try to make sure they get at least a few players when they sign up ready to go to Pakistan for the latter stages. Opposed to none. Some I'm sure will be happy to go.

    I personally would have liked a system where the teams that didn't get to the final (or latter stages), players could be picked from those teams to supplement the line ups in the final (foreign or domestic players). Unorthodox yes, but would solve the problem somewhat and ensure good competition.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,991
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    No problem with this, as long as players make that clear they won't go to Pakistan when the sign the contract.

    It's understandable. Foreign cricketers see a country which not only has been unsafe with multiple bombings on the same day, but also cricket players themselves targeted (as in the case of Sri Lankan team). It doesn't matter how much security there is if they fear that terrorists will target them. The Sri Lankan attack never should have happened and our security was awful, we're lucky none of the Sri Lankan players died. That bus driver's bravery and quick thinking saved them.

    PSL isn't just about winning, it's about putting on a show, and the majority of matches aren't finals held in Pakistan. KP can help his team reach there, and instill confidence in them by winning games even if he isn't there to carry them over the final hurdle.

    What I would recommend however is Franchises should try to make sure they get at least a few players when they sign up ready to go to Pakistan for the latter stages. Opposed to none. Some I'm sure will be happy to go.

    I personally would have liked a system where the teams that didn't get to the final (or latter stages), players could be picked from those teams to supplement the line ups in the final (foreign or domestic players). Unorthodox yes, but would solve the problem somewhat and ensure good competition.
    A lot of the foreign players are going this time, those that aren't are in the minority.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,684
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't think this the first time the franchise is hearing this. KP would have informed them that he will not be travelling to Pakistan well ahead of time. The franchise still decided to pick him and also play him in the X1. Don't think this is a surprise to the captain and management. I don't think KP would be revealing his intentions well into the tournament suddenly in a press conference. So the franchise would have been prepared already.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,166
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Respect his decision, but am disappointed. Pcb has shown multiple times that it can provide sufficient security for at least a couple of matches.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,489
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is retiring, probably wants to keep it simple.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, he is clear minded! And people should realize that bringing cricket in Pak is a gradual process. If semis & Final hosted perfectly well, then may be from next year more players will agree to come.
    Its like after destroying your own house, you need time to rebuild it, you can't do it in a second. It will be great , even if some other players are coming.

    Seems PCB during era of Ijaz Butt was on self-destruct mode. He had issues with everyone, be it at ICC level, IPL commissioner, BCCI, ECB, his own players, team coach, etc.

    I just wanted to mention one thing Mr. Butt lied about 2009 and 2010 ICC auction, because I watched it very closely. India after Mumbai attack, said that in clear terms, that because of public sentiment at an all time high, they can not guarantee fool proof security to players from Pakistan, and they should wait for 2011 auction to unfold where everything will be resolved by that time. And our Ijaz Butt rang IPL commissioner and tried to arm twist him for inclusion of Pak players in IPL. And not only this, later gave false and misleading statements in the media that India first granted visa and then players were not selected in Auction. How can this be possible? Players need to be first get selected in the team before they can even be granted a visa to go there and play.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People may think anything, but even in Pakistan I don't know how much PSL will be successful.
    Even before 2009 incident, I remember seeing almost empty stadiums in important games. Pakistan people only enjoy watching matches against India. And I don't know how PCB is going to resolve this issue when you have filed a case against BCCI.

    At PCB level, I don't think we have good negotiators. We have people with big EGO, who just want to take ICC head-on. BCCI feels very insecure about them[ not sure why]. If you support them (BD,SL) they will welcome with open arms and do everything for you, if not they will try to kill you.

    Regarding NS, he might be doing great job for PSL. But his evaluation of situation is not great. Just like any other journalists, he gets overwhelmed by situation. Not getting a well written legally binding document is also the issue. Had he got his (good) lawyers also involved in the process of signing Big 3 , things might have been different.

    As I read that document, there are many loopholes in it, which BCCI will exploit in their defense.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    98
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope quetta wont qualify now

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,504
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't want to travel to Pakistan, I don't have an issue with that. My issue is that he was selected with the QG think tank having knowledge of this. Foreign players should be selected only if they are willing to travel to Pakistan .

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,372
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    This will be the case always. Some players will go to Pakistan, many wont.

    If players are selected only on basis whether they go to Pakistan or not, then a thin choice list will go thinner.
    Ola! You have been selected to bat for Peshawar Zalmi in PSL3. COme over to PP League forum.

    Yea. Even though Peterson will not play in Pakistan, he must be been selected to get some star power in the league. I dont blam the PSL organiser. Small steps at a time!

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    156
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bench him or suspend his contract very unfair to quetta gladiators.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many players will not agree to play if there is condition added while drafting players in auction that they have to Go and play in pakistan if team qualify forward.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,623
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason Roy will be his replacement if QG qualify.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,854
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    People may think anything, but even in Pakistan I don't know how much PSL will be successful.
    Even before 2009 incident, I remember seeing almost empty stadiums in important games. Pakistan people only enjoy watching matches against India. And I don't know how PCB is going to resolve this issue when you have filed a case against BCCI.

    At PCB level, I don't think we have good negotiators. We have people with big EGO, who just want to take ICC head-on. BCCI feels very insecure about them[ not sure why]. If you support them (BD,SL) they will welcome with open arms and do everything for you, if not they will try to kill you.

    Regarding NS, he might be doing great job for PSL. But his evaluation of situation is not great. Just like any other journalists, he gets overwhelmed by situation. Not getting a well written legally binding document is also the issue. Had he got his (good) lawyers also involved in the process of signing Big 3 , things might have been different.

    As I read that document, there are many loopholes in it, which BCCI will exploit in their defense.
    LOL just youtube any random LOI game in pak and you will see full stadiums.

    I remember the SA tour of pak in 2003 and ENG in 2005 even the tests had really good crowds.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,906
    Mentioned
    4389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There is no reason why he should. It is his personal decision and the onus is on QG to make a call. If they are okay with playing without him, what is the problem?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,368
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not helping his team by refusing to go to pak. Its his choice in the end but lose respect for him everytime he refuses to go. His team has already suffered once because of this.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly what were the Quetta Gladiators owners thinking when they selected this self serving coward again? He ditched them last year along with all the other chickens, which cost them the final. Complete idiocy from the owners!

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,056
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont worry QG wont reach the latter stages.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There is no reason why he should. It is his personal decision and the onus is on QG to make a call. If they are okay with playing without him, what is the problem?
    Yes but I believe we can call out the stupidity of the owners. He took them to the final last year, only to ditch them on the grand stage. Whats the point of going to the final and only to lose because your match winners ditch you?

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,496
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Honestly what were the Quetta Gladiators owners thinking when they selected this self serving coward again? He ditched them last year along with all the other chickens, which cost them the final. Complete idiocy from the owners!
    Anyone not wanting to visit Pakistan is a coward and a chicken?

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,853
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's upto the owners by having replacement players
    They brought in Ben Laughlin and some green Chris guy

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,056
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Anyone not wanting to visit Pakistan is a coward and a chicken?
    Yes. Do you want to visit Pakistan?

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Anyone not wanting to visit Pakistan is a coward and a chicken?
    Yes. After the successful hosting of the PSL Final, the World XI Series and the T20 match against Sri Lanka. No one has any excuses anymore which can be respected. We are in 2018 not 2009.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    712
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Yes. After the successful hosting of the PSL Final, the World XI Series and the T20 match against Sri Lanka. No one has any excuses anymore which can be respected. We are in 2018 not 2009.
    "Guys look, I saw three guys walk through that minefield unharmed, if you don't do the same, you're a coward and you have no right to prioritize your own safety despite your transparent wishes to not walk through from the start"

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    571
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Dont worry QG wont reach the latter stages.
    realy! just see

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,056
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letme alone View Post
    realy! just see
    Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    "Guys look, I saw three guys walk through that minefield unharmed, if you don't do the same, you're a coward and you have no right to prioritize your own safety despite your transparent wishes to not walk through from the start"
    Nice try, but Pakistan is not a minefield in 2018.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,931
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Should not have been selected.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,496
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Yes. After the successful hosting of the PSL Final, the World XI Series and the T20 match against Sri Lanka. No one has any excuses anymore which can be respected. We are in 2018 not 2009.
    You will not decide whether someone feels safe somewhere or not. Thats an individuals personal decision. No one can be forced to go anywhere.

    How many players withdrew from the SL side that toured Pakistan?

    Going to or not going to Pakistan is an individual decision.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,496
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Nice try, but Pakistan is not a minefield in 2018.
    Thats your opinion.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    329
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a problem that a cheque of 500k won't solve. Has Najam thought about it?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    571
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?
    brother. thay r already in second after kk . and they included watto and they are playing in unit in psl3. chance of going more .

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,931
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    All about the easy money in UAE is KP. He should not have been picked.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You will not decide whether someone feels safe somewhere or not. Thats an individuals personal decision. No one can be forced to go anywhere.

    How many players withdrew from the SL side that toured Pakistan?

    Going to or not going to Pakistan is an individual decision.
    Yes that's an individual decision and its a silly one, for which I will exercise my freedom of speech to criticise the one making such a decision.

    Regarding the SL players who withdrew, they were also wrong in doing so. And we managed to hold the match safely without incident, so its an "in your face" for them. From now on if any player drops out citing security reasons then we have the right to criticise them for it. We have proven our capability to hold cricket matches safely.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,931
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is safe for cricket and has been for more than a year. These excuses no longer hold weight.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could understand the fan frustration if PSL had no shortage of superstars. But that's not the case, so how can you not want him even if he refuses to visit Pakistan? Isn't he one of the handful of players who make PSL relevant?

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,496
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Yes that's an individual decision and its a silly one, for which I will exercise my freedom of speech to criticise the one making such a decision.

    Regarding the SL players who withdrew, they were also wrong in doing so. And we managed to hold the match safely without incident, so its an "in your face" for them. From now on if any player drops out citing security reasons then we have the right to criticise them for it. We have proven our capability to hold cricket matches safely.
    Someone doesnt want to go to Pakistan, where most cricketers do not tour and you call him names, that sir is not criticism but frustration.

    You think you have proven your capability, someone has every right to not believe in your claims.

    So from now PCB will host all its home series in Pakistan, if they dont then are they cowards and chickens as well?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,056
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letme alone View Post
    brother. thay r already in second after kk . and they included watto and they are playing in unit in psl3. chance of going more .
    I dont support them because they have not given chances to any promising youngsters . saud shakeel should have played a game by now.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Someone doesnt want to go to Pakistan, where most cricketers do not tour and you call him names, that sir is not criticism but frustration.

    You think you have proven your capability, someone has every right to not believe in your claims.

    So from now PCB will host all its home series in Pakistan, if they dont then are they cowards and chickens as well?
    It will obviously take time to restore full cricket to Pakistan, and no one is asking them to come on a full tour.

    However this "I am not coming due to security reasons" sounds silly because the security is fully adequate. Rather people like KP should be honest and say "I am a mercenary and want to make easy bucks by playing in UAE, and am too chicken to fly to Pakistan for a short window, because I am a white priveleged individual, whose life is more important than the millions of non white people who live daily in Pakistan normally."


    "You think you have proven your capability, someone has every right to not believe in your claims."

    Yes and I have every right to mock him for not believing in objective facts i.e. successful hosting of PSL final, SL T20 and World XI series.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,368
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KP isn't the second coming of Imran Khan. He isn't that relevant in the cricketing world as he doesn't even play international cricket. Maybe PCB should be happy that he isn't coming since he would demand a hefty paycheck just for coming here. No need to shell out such money for him.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    KP isn't the second coming of Imran Khan. He isn't that relevant in the cricketing world as he doesn't even play international cricket. Maybe PCB should be happy that he isn't coming since he would demand a hefty paycheck just for coming here. No need to shell out such money for him.
    The point is he should not have been picked if he was unwilling to play in Pakistan. This should have been a condition in the contract. When the carrot doesn't work use the stick.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    The point is he should not have been picked if he was unwilling to play in Pakistan. This should have been a condition in the contract. When the carrot doesn't work use the stick.
    Most of the foreign players are barely recognizable. That "stick" would ensure further exodus.

    Neither PSL franchises nor PCB is in position to dictate terms to the foreign players.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,160
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'm not comfortable with players, commentators or anyone else taking part in the PSL who is not prepared to play in Pakistan.
    Hmmm. Well if everyone was prepared to play in Pakistan who are taking part in the PSL, then the PSL would've happened in Pakistan itself, no? The reason PSL is being played in the UAE is because big players refuse to play in Pakistan and without them, the league is extremely low quality. Which is why we have to compromise and play in the UAE. If in the future we only select players who are willing to play in Pakistan, then why have the PSL in UAE???

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,292
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just drop him to the airport with a one way ticket to London, Capetown or where ever he came from ?

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players like Kevin Pietersen are necessary to attract owners with deep pockets, sponsors and viewers outside of Pakistan. If you wanted players who were willing to play in Pakistan, you might as well have just rebranded the T20 domestic competition you already have besides the PSL. There's not enough international players with name value who are willing to do that.

    I think people here have a false idea of just how long it's going to take for Pakistan to be considered largely safe for cricket again. It'll probably take another 15-20 years before all international players would be comfortable with the idea of touring Pakistan.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,183
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Well why select him if he isn't willing to travel to Pakistan?
    good point; although I love watching KP playing cricket but all PSL teams should be selecting players who are willing to go to Pakistan

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,183
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Didn't Najam Sethi had said that players who are in draft would be required to travel to Pakistan if their team reach playoffs
    Najam Sethi is a proven liar. Last year he lies that KP is not going to Pakistan because of Imran Khan's statement but KP denied it and said he told Quetta way before that statement that he will not go to Pakistan.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    It will obviously take time to restore full cricket to Pakistan, and no one is asking them to come on a full tour.

    However this "I am not coming due to security reasons" sounds silly because the security is fully adequate. Rather people like KP should be honest and say "I am a mercenary and want to make easy bucks by playing in UAE, and am too chicken to fly to Pakistan for a short window, because I am a white priveleged individual, whose life is more important than the millions of non white people who live daily in Pakistan normally."


    "You think you have proven your capability, someone has every right to not believe in your claims."

    Yes and I have every right to mock him for not believing in objective facts i.e. successful hosting of PSL final, SL T20 and World XI series.
    if you are not comfortable hosting the full tour than, obviously, not everything is fine yet. So there is still some doubt in minds of your own countrymen including the PCB administrators. So how can you fault a foreigner for prioritizing his safety (whether right or wrong) over money and PCB interests?

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1392477/si...quetta-attacks

    Look at the headline in the link above. It has quetta, terrorist attack, Security personnel, killed, all key words that will catch someone's attention and form their opinion. He may not play in Quetta but he will know terrorism is there in Pak and he /others foreigners will form their opinion based on that.

    It will take at least five years or even a decade after all such attacks go away for international teams to tour like how they tour other countries, without much drama. Pak fans have to be patient and not judge others...

  72. #72
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    568
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's dissapointing that KP isn't going however we all knew the answer to this, najam sethi said that most foreigners wanting to go to Pakistan this year apart from KP.

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    22,618
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There is no reason why he should. It is his personal decision and the onus is on QG to make a call. If they are okay with playing without him, what is the problem?
    I agree with this. The crowds are going to turn up in Pakistan regardless of whether he plays, Quetta's chances of winning will be less, but the owners must have known this when they gave him the contract.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    if you are not comfortable hosting the full tour than, obviously, not everything is fine yet. So there is still some doubt in minds of your own countrymen including the PCB administrators. So how can you fault a foreigner for prioritizing his safety (whether right or wrong) over money and PCB interests?

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1392477/si...quetta-attacks

    Look at the headline in the link above. It has quetta, terrorist attack, Security personnel, killed, all key words that will catch someone's attention and form their opinion. He may not play in Quetta but he will know terrorism is there in Pak and he /others foreigners will form their opinion based on that.

    It will take at least five years or even a decade after all such attacks go away for international teams to tour like how they tour other countries, without much drama. Pak fans have to be patient and not judge others...
    1) We are comfortable holding full tours, its the visitors who are unwilling, so we have to take it slow with them.

    2) There are issues in various regions within India where there are security concerns. Yet because the IPL pays good money, and media coverage of India is positive, no one bats an eyelid. Lahore and Karachi have been very stable generally speaking over the last couple of years in terms of terror incidents, especially Karachi. No one is asking the players to play in Quetta or Peshawar. If they can be happy playing in New Delhi whilst terror incidents are going on in Kashmir, then they should also be happy playing in Karachi, whilst terror incidents may be occurring in Quetta.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    1) We are comfortable holding full tours, its the visitors who are unwilling, so we have to take it slow with them.

    2) There are issues in various regions within India where there are security concerns. Yet because the IPL pays good money, and media coverage of India is positive, no one bats an eyelid. Lahore and Karachi have been very stable generally speaking over the last couple of years in terms of terror incidents, especially Karachi. No one is asking the players to play in Quetta or Peshawar. If they can be happy playing in New Delhi whilst terror incidents are going on in Kashmir, then they should also be happy playing in Karachi, whilst terror incidents may be occurring in Quetta.
    If PCB was comfortable than they would be hosting majority of PSL at Pakistan this year. even for next year they are planning only half of PSL, which might finally trickle down to few matches.. we won't know until next year

    Regarding your second point, I don't know how India figures in this discussion. If you are trying to bring other countries into discussion, remember every country has problems. Even Aus/Eng there were attacks but the tousr went through. Same with India. The tours go through as no one perceives them as unsafe. SL was perceived as such and most countries shunned it until few years ago. So it will be the same case with Pakistan. It will take at least a decade for major teams to tour Pakistan for weeks at a time without any drama

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,282
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Najam Sethi is a proven liar. Last year he lies that KP is not going to Pakistan because of Imran Khan's statement but KP denied it and said he told Quetta way before that statement that he will not go to Pakistan.
    Najam Sethi have been in news alot lately, some for not so good reasons. I think he should refrain from giving out statements after statements on daily basis, and should just let his action speaks for himself.

    Now even recently he made a statement that he is hoping that 2019 PSL could be hosted entirely in Pakistan, only moments later he made a uturn and said “he is hopeful for hosting half the PSL in Pakistan next year”

    He have been contradicting himself on quite a few ocassions and at times, he do come across factually wrong.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,906
    Mentioned
    4389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    1) We are comfortable holding full tours, its the visitors who are unwilling, so we have to take it slow with them.

    2) There are issues in various regions within India where there are security concerns. Yet because the IPL pays good money, and media coverage of India is positive, no one bats an eyelid. Lahore and Karachi have been very stable generally speaking over the last couple of years in terms of terror incidents, especially Karachi. No one is asking the players to play in Quetta or Peshawar. If they can be happy playing in New Delhi whilst terror incidents are going on in Kashmir, then they should also be happy playing in Karachi, whilst terror incidents may be occurring in Quetta.
    What people do not understand - or perhaps refuse to understand - is that Pakistan is the only country where a cricket team has been 'directly' targeted.

    Hence, the refusal of teams i.e. when it comes to touring Pakistan, is simply not comparable to their willingness to play in other countries where security might be a problem.

    Terrorism has been common in Pakistan since the War on Terror, but teams were still willing to tour Pakistan for a full series. Australia was the only team that was not ready to tour.

    Had the attack on Sri Lanka not happened, cricket in Pakistan would not have been shunted completely. Teams would still be touring.

    I have enough confidence in the authorities that if a team were to tour Pakistan on a full-scale, the security would be good enough to ensure that nothing happens. However, there is no reason why other countries should put their faith us, considering our history.

    The risk of playing in Pakistan is far greater than the reward. The likes of Australia, England, South Africa, India, New Zealand are doing just fine without playing in Pakistan. Why should they put their players under risk? Who cares about the well-being of Pakistan cricket?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    What people do not understand - or perhaps refuse to understand - is that Pakistan is the only country where a cricket team has been 'directly' targeted.

    Hence, the refusal of teams i.e. when it comes to touring Pakistan, is simply not comparable to their willingness to play in other countries where security might be a problem.

    Terrorism has been common in Pakistan since the War on Terror, but teams were still willing to tour Pakistan for a full series. Australia was the only team that was not ready to tour.

    Had the attack on Sri Lanka not happened, cricket in Pakistan would not have been shunted completely. Teams would still be touring.

    I have enough confidence in the authorities that if a team were to tour Pakistan on a full-scale, the security would be good enough to ensure that nothing happens. However, there is no reason why other countries should put their faith us, considering our history.

    The risk of playing in Pakistan is far greater than the reward. The likes of Australia, England, South Africa, India, New Zealand are doing just fine without playing in Pakistan. Why should they put their players under risk? Who cares about the well-being of Pakistan cricket?
    I agree with your point about the Sri Lankan team being directly attacked putting off other teams, and justifiably so. However that is in the past, and now the situation is different to what it was back then. We have much better security. Why can't the other parties understand this? Will 150 years pass and people will still be lamenting over 2009?

    The Israeli Olympic Athletes were targeted and killed at Munich in 1972 Olympics. Yet Germany went on to host the 1974 FIFA World Cup. People moved on. And so should they in this case as well.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,496
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    It will obviously take time to restore full cricket to Pakistan, and no one is asking them to come on a full tour.

    However this "I am not coming due to security reasons" sounds silly because the security is fully adequate. Rather people like KP should be honest and say "I am a mercenary and want to make easy bucks by playing in UAE, and am too chicken to fly to Pakistan for a short window, because I am a white priveleged individual, whose life is more important than the millions of non white people who live daily in Pakistan normally."


    "You think you have proven your capability, someone has every right to not believe in your claims."

    Yes and I have every right to mock him for not believing in objective facts i.e. successful hosting of PSL final, SL T20 and World XI series.
    He is not a resident of pakistan so why compare him with someone who lives there?Thats stupidity.

    Why target KP? Do majority of players visit pakistan? NO.

    All those series that Pakistan hosted consisted of players who were "willing" to go to Pakistan. Many players withdrew from the psl final and SL series. While World 11 consisted of players who were ready to go to Pakistan.

    Hardly any team tours Pakistan so this "proven capability" stuff doesnt cut.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,496
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    1) We are comfortable holding full tours, its the visitors who are unwilling, so we have to take it slow with them.

    2) There are issues in various regions within India where there are security concerns. Yet because the IPL pays good money, and media coverage of India is positive, no one bats an eyelid. Lahore and Karachi have been very stable generally speaking over the last couple of years in terms of terror incidents, especially Karachi. No one is asking the players to play in Quetta or Peshawar. If they can be happy playing in New Delhi whilst terror incidents are going on in Kashmir, then they should also be happy playing in Karachi, whilst terror incidents may be occurring in Quetta.
    1. Visitors are unwilling because the security situation is not great.

    2. India hosts a lot of international sports events apart from the IPL so the situation isnt even comparable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •