Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have loved for him to play in Pakistan but I respect his decision. Even if he wants to go, his family may not be comfortable with the idea of him going there which may play a part in why he doesn't want to go to Pakistan.

I agree with what Saj said about Sethi and Co not having the guts to tell Pietersen he can't play in PSL if he isn't willing to go to Pakistan. He is a very big name and has been part of the franchise since the first season.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    960 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Pakistan is safe for cricket and has been for more than a year. These excuses no longer hold weight.
    Just because you think Pakistan is safe for cricket does not mean it is.

I been chasin and lacin tough guys for days
    Findin ways to erase em, and place em in the grave

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s sad and very bad for Pakistan cricket. Some of you guys need to understand that nobody is happy to see this.

No player would take such a decision without a reason. And the claim that things have been quiet since 2009 doesn’t appear to be true. A very recent incident that comes to mind is the bomb blast that took place in one of the cities when Mr. Freedman was touring Pakistan. I remember him mentioning it. I’m not doubting the level of security that will be provided but just saying that there’s enough reason for some of these superstar players to not visit.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricket doesnt start or end with KP.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan cricket doesnt start or end with KP.
    KP is not the only one to hold this view so he shouldn't be demonised and his reasons are understandable

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also won't field. Don't want to spoil his paid holiday though.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    He also won't field. Don't want to spoil his paid holiday though.
    He's a highly respected and valued professional / team member who is getting paid to play cricket and that he is doing quiet well; hence why he has obliged the PSL.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 1st March 2018 at 19:33.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    He's a highly respected and valued professional / team member who is getting paid to play cricket and that he is doing quiet well; hence why he has obliged the PSL.
    That seems to be the requirement for the foreign quota of PSL. Can't say that the local "talent" are even fulfilling that requirement at the moment , sadly.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly the spineless owners should show him the door.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    I agree with your point about the Sri Lankan team being directly attacked putting off other teams, and justifiably so. However that is in the past, and now the situation is different to what it was back then. We have much better security. Why can't the other parties understand this? Will 150 years pass and people will still be lamenting over 2009?

The Israeli Olympic Athletes were targeted and killed at Munich in 1972 Olympics. Yet Germany went on to host the 1974 FIFA World Cup. People moved on. And so should they in this case as well.
    Unfortunately, the perception of Germany and Pakistan are very different. It's all about perception for the outsiders. When Zaire hosted Ali in 74', no one batted an eye that a brutal dictator was in power because the contract was worth 5 million for each fighter and the security adequate. You either need to spend that much money or have that much influence.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I agree with your point about the Sri Lankan team being directly attacked putting off other teams, and justifiably so. However that is in the past, and now the situation is different to what it was back then. We have much better security. Why can't the other parties understand this? Will 150 years pass and people will still be lamenting over 2009?

The Israeli Olympic Athletes were targeted and killed at Munich in 1972 Olympics. Yet Germany went on to host the 1974 FIFA World Cup. People moved on. And so should they in this case as well.
    If i am not wrong the London bombings happened just before the Ashes 2005.Australian team was already there for Odi series.The series went ahead.

Paris was attacked in midst of a UCL match. The match continued. French faced attacks again and again. No one quit going to France.

Pakistan is not Germany or UK or France. Neither the same money nor the same influence or if i dare say neither the same confidence in the system or aurhorities in Pakistan. So such a comparision is useless.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can't blame KP. He is retiring after this tournament.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What annoyed me most was the way he said it. They've got to select players from the onset who are clearly willing to tour pak, it's no use playing a superstar cricketer that won't come to pakistan. As that is the main purpose behind the tournament to bring top level international cricketers to pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokz1408 View Post
    They've got to select players from the onset who are clearly willing to tour pak, it's no use playing a superstar cricketer that won't come to pakistan.
    This perception of yours wont work, and PCB well knows it. What if most of them wont agree, it will shorten overseas players from PSL, that PCB cant afford. They need Star Overseas players to attracts audience and sponcers.

So ultimetly PCB cant do anything as of Now, it totally players call whether they want to visit Pakistan or not.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but I just find this in bad taste.

It's called Pakistan Super League. It was initially known all over the world where the knockouts and final would be held. This is selfish by KP. He should have never signed up for the league if he had no attention of going to play in Pakistan.

What's to say he won't perform at a crucial stage in the tournament because he doesn't want to travel to Pakistan? I mean the mind sometimes plays tricks on a person.

I think QG knew that he wouldn't go and for this, they should not have signed him up. There foreign signings not showing up last year basically cost them the final. Did they not learn anything?

Najam Sethi needs to quit lying to the pressers. I think starting next year there should be a clause in the contracts that state in order to play in the PSL you must be willing to play in Pakistan. If the PCB up to the contract amounts, I don't see a problem in terms of foreigners coming.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 2 points of views here:

1) PSL needs KP : KP is like an ambassador of PSL, when he goes back to England / county circuit he will speak good about PSL, and that will also encourage some other English players to consider playing PSL.
    You can't see returns on everything. Investment on KP, Sanga etc. is like marketing budget for PSL ,and I think that should be increased.

PSL - good foreign players === Qaed-e-Azam trophy

What difference will be left?
    Audience wants to see entertaining , and competitive cricket, and likes of KP are crowd pullers. Just like anyone don't want to watch Khurram Manzoor, Asad Shafiq, Akmals bat in PSL/T20.

2) PCB needs to decide what their objective is: Do they want to save $$$. or to build their brand further?? Foreign players pulling out could be a concern for some teams. But overall, this also gives a rare opportunity for our own domestic players to lead from the front and win it in high profile game? Its like whatever you have learnt in few weeks working with KP, player now needs to show their mettle.

3) vs India (BCCI) : BCCI says cricket can not happen because of govt. Then why our TV channels broadcast IPL, Bollywood movies. Why? Can one even imagine what the market share of Bollywood movies is from Pakistan? Its about 10% of their earnings. Indians are money minded people. Find ways to hit their pockets, they will come down to Mother Earth. PCB should be firm in dealings with ICC, tell them straight away, they don't want any games with India at ICC level. ICC minted a lot of $$$ because of India vs Pak match. Why even ICC gets that $. Demolish ICC dream of promoting associates. where they want to spend billions, however, they have turned their blind eye towards Pakistan.

4) MoU : Many say, Pak might lose the case. This could be correct, as there are many loopholes in the document. But point of contention is , BCCI saying they have NOT SIGNED THE DOCUMENT. Now that puts question mark on their business practices. I mean, if somehow PCB proves that BCCI people have signed that document. Then it will send a strong message that BCCI retracts from their own signings.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People need to understand before being a cricketing superstar KP is his mama's boy, his kids daddy and his wife's hubby. He is responsible to his family more than he is to any franchise or to any of you fans. If he or his family doesn't feel safe about travelling to Pakistan then he's well within his rights to not do so.

Having said that I urge PCB and franchises to only pick players who are willing to go to Pakistan too for the later stages and that should be put in to the agreement because when these stars walk out at the last moment the finals lose their context really.
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd March 2018 at 07:32.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    If i am not wrong the London bombings happened just before the Ashes 2005.Australian team was already there for Odi series.The series went ahead.

Paris was attacked in midst of a UCL match. The match continued. French faced attacks again and again. No one quit going to France.

Pakistan is not Germany or UK or France. Neither the same money nor the same influence or if i dare say neither the same confidence in the system or aurhorities in Pakistan. So such a comparision is useless.
    And that is what we call white privelege.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    And that is what we call white privelege.
    No thats what you call financial power and global influence.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    There are 2 points of views here:

1) PSL needs KP : KP is like an ambassador of PSL, when he goes back to England / county circuit he will speak good about PSL, and that will also encourage some other English players to consider playing PSL.
    You can't see returns on everything. Investment on KP, Sanga etc. is like marketing budget for PSL ,and I think that should be increased.

PSL - good foreign players === Qaed-e-Azam trophy

What difference will be left?
    Audience wants to see entertaining , and competitive cricket, and likes of KP are crowd pullers. Just like anyone don't want to watch Khurram Manzoor, Asad Shafiq, Akmals bat in PSL/T20.

2) PCB needs to decide what their objective is: Do they want to save $$$. or to build their brand further?? Foreign players pulling out could be a concern for some teams. But overall, this also gives a rare opportunity for our own domestic players to lead from the front and win it in high profile game? Its like whatever you have learnt in few weeks working with KP, player now needs to show their mettle.

3) vs India (BCCI) : BCCI says cricket can not happen because of govt. Then why our TV channels broadcast IPL, Bollywood movies. Why? Can one even imagine what the market share of Bollywood movies is from Pakistan? Its about 10% of their earnings. Indians are money minded people. Find ways to hit their pockets, they will come down to Mother Earth. PCB should be firm in dealings with ICC, tell them straight away, they don't want any games with India at ICC level. ICC minted a lot of $$$ because of India vs Pak match. Why even ICC gets that $. Demolish ICC dream of promoting associates. where they want to spend billions, however, they have turned their blind eye towards Pakistan.

4) MoU : Many say, Pak might lose the case. This could be correct, as there are many loopholes in the document. But point of contention is , BCCI saying they have NOT SIGNED THE DOCUMENT. Now that puts question mark on their business practices. I mean, if somehow PCB proves that BCCI people have signed that document. Then it will send a strong message that BCCI retracts from their own signings.
    1. Any neutral credible source to say that 10% of bollywood films earnings come from Pakistan?

2. Bcci has already asked icc to not put them in the same group as pakistan.

3. Bcci makes more money from ipl broadcast rights than icc makes in its entire cycle.

So god knows what are you talking about.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    People need to understand before being a cricketing superstar KP is his mama's boy, his kids daddy and his wife's hubby. He is responsible to his family more than he is to any franchise or to any of you fans. If he or his family doesn't feel safe about travelling to Pakistan then he's well within his rights to not do so.

Having said that I urge PCB and franchises to only pick players who are willing to go to Pakistan too for the later stages and that should be put in to the agreement because when these stars walk out at the last moment the finals lose their context really.
    Yes and we are well within our rights to criticise his cowardice based on ignorance of the ground realities.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd March 2018 at 14:09.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It was expected and by the body language of KP in the field he's least interested in playing cricket. More interested in promoting his brand in name of animal rights.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not good by KP. He knew about final being played in Karachi from start. He had to withdraw his name from league in start itself

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question shouldn't have been asked right now. It's the teams issue...the media shouldn't be going around asking dumb questions. But hey what else can you expect when your journalists are bunch of airheads.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the best thing PSL can do is to shift completely to pakistan for season 4..Anyways psl doesnt have big overseas players and efforts should be made to reduce foriegn players from 4 to 2 in playing eleven ..Moreover it belongs to people of pskistan and they should watch it in their stadiums..Probably pakistsn have too much local talent not to rely on mediocre foriegn origin players..

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'm not comfortable with players, commentators or anyone else taking part in the PSL who is not prepared to play in Pakistan.
    Your knowledge about Pakistani cricket dwarfs mine and most of here, so I'm curious why you feel that way.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Visitors are unwilling because the security situation is not great.

2. India hosts a lot of international sports events apart from the IPL so the situation isnt even comparable.
    We just had Davis cup and lot of international events.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He love the Quetta franchise so much that he can't wait to leave at the first avaliable opportunity and never think of them again.

That's KP loyalty for you

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    He love the Quetta franchise so much that he can't wait to leave at the first avaliable opportunity and never think of them again.

That's KP loyalty for you
    He is a self entitled has been

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next time these players make claims about how much they love their respective teams and how great of a time they have had, they should be showed such statements that they have made about not wanting to play in Pakistan. Don't play with the feelings of gullible fans and trick them into believing you are 100% determined to your team if you will abandon them at the business end of the tournament. No need to respect their decisions, just accept them. Pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely he doesn't want to end his career with a pointless group game that means nothing. I know that most foreign players don't really care about winning a T20 league but it would be a nice way to go out, especially as someone who is as high profile as KP. If somehow someone at QG can convince him to play and end his career making a positive impact on cricket then it would be a great for PSL and QG.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thats your opinion.
    and the opinion of every security expert who visited and checked out the security provided before this tour, including England's top security advisor, who said it was the best security he had ever seen.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    People need to back off and leave KP alone, he's only human and is concerned for his family so that is respectable. No need to be obsessed with his every move, next thing you know people will start complaining about the times he decides to use the toilet, get a grip guys and put the hand bags away ladies.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to back off and leave KP alone, he's only human and is concerned for his family so that is respectable. No need to be obsessed with his every move, next thing you know people will start complaining about the times he decides to use the toilet, get a grip guys and put the hand bags away ladies.
    Yeah but he should stop with this false cheerleading too. It's not like Lahore/Karachi are war zones at this moment.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

Security is decent now but it’s upto the players if they feel comfortable to be in such an environment.

Bringing big players back to Pakistan will take time. At least some are now coming but not all will, some may never want to come - that’s just the hard reality.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't want to see him next year in PSL.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Don't want to see him next year in PSL.
    He is retiring from all forms of cricket, so you will not be seeing him anyways playing in any league.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Yeah but he should stop with this false cheerleading too. It's not like Lahore/Karachi are war zones at this moment.
    Just because he does not want to go to Pakistan he should not support or feel happy for this teams victory? KP and other T20 mercenaries play around the world and it is hard for them to be emotionally connected to all the teams they play in. He is retiring from all forms of cricket and probably does not think it is worth travelling to Pakistan, good security or not at this point of his career. From what Sarfaraz has said, it does seem like there are more players who might not travel. If PCB wanted people to travel, they should have put that in the contract and only should have drafted players who signed that contract.

KP probably would have told the franchise ahead of time that he is not going to travel and that's the reason he came and announced that in a press conference. If he hadn't discussed with the franchise, he would have told he is undecided. So blame the franchises/PCB for drafting overseas players who don't want to travel to Pakistan.
    Last edited by giri26; 14th March 2018 at 01:30.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was not loyal to South Africa,left for England. Was not loyal to England, they showed him the door and now this with QG.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His concerns are baseless and he is a self serving has-been. He deserves all the abuse he is getting. And no, no one cares about his toilet habits so no need to give crazy analogies.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Waste of money hiring people like these. Handing out free money. Pakistan is safe and has been for a while now.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think there’s anything much to worry about with the kinda security arrangements in place. But anyone who says Pakistan is ‘safe’ is lying. Terrorist leaders roam the streets freely. Elected representatives call them social reformers. Courts grant them permission to compete in elections. Cricket is not an indoor sport. If an outsider who values his life more than money fears playing in an open field in a country like yours, you can’t blame him. There is not even .1% chance of anything bad happening but if a guy is still scared to come, you gotta respect his decision and look at the other options. Cricket should return to Pakistan and it will return to Pakistan. But it won’t happen overnight.

Everything is in the hands of the people of Pakistan. They’re the ones with the power to change the situation around.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    I don’t think there’s anything much to worry about with the kinda security arrangements in place. But anyone who says Pakistan is ‘safe’ is lying. Terrorist leaders roam the streets freely. Elected representatives call them social reformers. Courts grant them permission to compete in elections. Cricket is not an indoor sport. If an outsider who values his life more than money fears playing in an open field in a country like yours, you can’t blame him. There is not even .1% chance of anything bad happening but if a guy is still scared to come, you gotta respect his decision and look at the other options. Cricket should return to Pakistan and it will return to Pakistan. But it won’t happen overnight.

Everything is in the hands of the people of Pakistan. They’re the ones with the power to change the situation around.
    Situation has changed dramatically over the last 5 years, security situation is not a problem now.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Situation has changed dramatically over the last 5 years, security situation is not a problem now.
    Doesn't matter, as long as the perception is different, that is what will create doubt in the minds of international players. The world is at war with communities which have connections in Pakistan, and that creates an atmosphere of fear which isn't great for sport.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Doesn't matter, as long as the perception is different, that is what will create doubt in the minds of international players. The world is at war with communities which have connections in Pakistan, and that creates an atmosphere of fear which isn't great for sport.
    The negative perception remains when we let people like the poster above go unchallenged. Clearly he is fabricating nonsense to create this perception and there are many people doing the same. Its up to us to challenge this and for people who live there and travelled through Pakistan to show what its really like there.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The negative perception remains when we let people like the poster above go unchallenged. Clearly he is fabricating nonsense to create this perception and there are many people doing the same. Its up to us to challenge this and for people who live there and travelled through Pakistan to show what its really like there.
    Yes so true. The poster in question is an Indian who has never probably been to Pakistan. Its time people like this were challenged. Enough of this "security concerns" nonsense.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You can challenge it, but unless the cricket players are reading this forum it won't make any difference to their decision. Players avoid conflict areas because of world perception, not some comments on a cricket board.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after today bomb blast more player say no to go.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test champion View Post
    Where?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The world is not as safe as it was back in the 80s

Not just Pakistan

Bombings happened in London just before the CT
    Paris attacks happened just before Euro League

Even terrorism in India has increased over the years

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    The world is not as safe as it was back in the 80s

Not just Pakistan

Bombings happened in London just before the CT
    Paris attacks happened just before Euro League

Even terrorism in India has increased over the years
    how can u campare pak with other country?? here terrorist direct attack a world class cricket team

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Where?
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1395234/at...-suicide-blast

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Domestic attacks happen even here in the U.S. There was another school shooting the other day, doesn’t mean all of America is unsafe.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how can u campare pak with other country?? here terrorist direct attack a world class cricket team
    In Germany in the 1972 Olympics, members of the Israeli team were kidnapped and then killed by militants. The Olympics continued and Germany went on to host the FIFA world cup 2 years later

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    People can cry all the want, but Pietersen is retiring after this tournament and he is not stupid enough to take this risk.

The opportunity cost of not playing the play-offs is very low. He does not gain anything from traveling to Pakistan and playing there.

He does not care about a PSL winners medal and he will not earn money from the PSL or Pakistan cricket in the future. His bread and butter will be the IPL in the future where he will probably do commentary stints.

No sane person would take the risk of traveling to Pakistan when he does not gain much in return. Yes it is true that the security situation has improved, but we still have the reputation of a dangerous country.

Secondly, random tourists traveling to Pakistan is not the same as cricketers traveling to play in the PSL. The security will obviously be top notch, but again, why take the risk? There is so little that he gains from playing in Pakistan, and so much that he can lose.

People here are simply blinded by nationalism. Cricket will return to Pakistan one day but we cannot force players to come. We need at least 5-6 terrorism-free years to improve our image and convince players to tour Pakistan. Lip service of Najam Sethi and promises of top notch security are not good enough.

Moreover, the players do not feel comfortable in a hostile environment where they are surrounded by commandos and special forces all the time, and cannot leave their hotels and experience the country.

The reputation that Pakistan has developed over the last two decades will not be whitewashed in a space of 3-4 years. Too much damage has been done already, and it will take a long time for the perception to change.

The onus is on the PSL franchises to not sign players who are not willing to take the risk. However, the problem is that they are not spoilt for choice. 90% of the world class contemporary cricketers do not care about the PSL because they are too expensive. Hence, we have to make do with dead cricketers like Pietersen, Sangakkara, McCullum etc.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People can cry all the want, but Pietersen is retiring after this tournament and he is not stupid enough to take this risk.

The opportunity cost of not playing the play-offs is very low. He does not gain anything from traveling to Pakistan and playing there.

He does not care about a PSL winners medal and he will not earn money from the PSL or Pakistan cricket in the future. His bread and butter will be the IPL in the future where he will probably do commentary stints.

No sane person would take the risk of traveling to Pakistan when he does not gain much in return. Yes it is true that the security situation has improved, but we still have the reputation of a dangerous country.

Secondly, random tourists traveling to Pakistan is not the same as cricketers traveling to play in the PSL. The security will obviously be top notch, but again, why take the risk? There is so little that he gains from playing in Pakistan, and so much that he can lose.

People here are simply blinded by nationalism. Cricket will return to Pakistan one day but we cannot force players to come. We need at least 5-6 terrorism-free years to improve our image and convince players to tour Pakistan. Lip service of Najam Sethi and promises of top notch security are not good enough.

Moreover, the players do not feel comfortable in a hostile environment where they are surrounded by commandos and special forces all the time, and cannot leave their hotels and experience the country.

The reputation that Pakistan has developed over the last two decades will not be whitewashed in a space of 3-4 years. Too much damage has been done already, and it will take a long time for the perception to change.

The onus is on the PSL franchises to not sign players who are not willing to take the risk. However, the problem is that they are not spoilt for choice. 90% of the world class contemporary cricketers do not care about the PSL because they are too expensive. Hence, we have to make do with dead cricketers like Pietersen, Sangakkara, McCullum etc.
    What you have said is totally correct. But then he needs to tone down the whole "I love Quetta Gladiators" rhetoric on his twitter account. We hate two faced people and are going to call them out on their baloney.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you have said is totally correct. But then he needs to tone down the whole "I love Quetta Gladiators" rhetoric on his twitter account. We hate two faced people and are going to call them out on their baloney.
    This has nothing to do with his love for Quetta Gladiators or Pakistan. If I remember correctly, even China, a friend country that is investing so heavily in Pakistan refused to send it's Davis Cup team last year. Sometimes, security risks simply cannot be ignored, even if one side claims it to be a false global perception.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He may have potentially played his last professional match today. If Karachi win 2moz, then QG are playing the eliminatior, which is in Lahore I believe.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

KP has long since stopped caring about his cricket career. His passion and efforts seem to be more involved in his SORAI campaign. Him going to Pakistan could create a lot of goodwill gesture to his cause. Seems a missed opportunity.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the Quetta franchise are family and Nadeem Omar is a lovely man who deserves a medal. Don't you remember last year where he was so involved with his "family" that he left as soon as Quetta qualified for the final. Didn't even wait to celebrate with his "family" in the dressing room. Left as soon as the match finished to the airport.

KP loves his teammates you know