Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is the best six hitter in the world?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rohit Sharma

    8 12.50%
  • AB de Villiers

    21 32.81%
  • Martin Guptill

    1 1.56%
  • Chris Gayle

    5 7.81%
  • Eoin Morgan

    1 1.56%
  • Virat Kohli

    1 1.56%
  • Shahid Afridi

    4 6.25%
  • Jos Buttler

    2 3.13%
  • Kieron Pollard

    2 3.13%
  • Darren Sammy

    1 1.56%
  • Colin Munro

    0 0%
  • Andre Russell

    9 14.06%
  • Evin Lewis

    2 3.13%
  • Dwayne Smith

    0 0%
  • Shane Watson

    0 0%
  • David Warner

    0 0%
  • Chris Lynn

    4 6.25%
  • David Miller

    0 0%
  • Hardik Pandya

    1 1.56%
  • Other

    2 3.13%
Results 1 to 70 of 70
  1. #1
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Who is the best six hitter in the world?

    After seeing DrayRuss today I'm convinced he is the best hitter. The guy uses muscle to hit it while most rely on timing.


    Who is best hitter?

    -Andre Russell
    -Jos Buttler
    -Glenn Maxwell
    -David Miller
    -Hardik Pandya
    -Carlos Brathwaite
    -Martin Guptill
    -Chris Gayle

    Mods please add a poll

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,725
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot Faheem Ashraf

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    569
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saurav ganguly

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,418
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You forgot someone.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    You forgot someone.
    You can add him if the poll allows that much people

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,192
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brendon McCullum, Lance Klusener, Kieron Pollard

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    You forgot Faheem Ashraf
    Also forgot Colin Munro and Thisara Perera.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit Sharma

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,418
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Out of all the players who have hit 150+ sixes in T20s, Russell hits sixes the most often.

    Player Inns Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s Balls/six
    AD Russell 193 3493 100 23.92 2122 164.60 1 12 10 253 240 8.8
    CH Gayle 316 11068 175* 40.69 7429 148.98 20 67 20 835 819 9.1
    E Lewis 82 2657 125* 34.06 1819 146.06 3 19 2 218 178 10.2
    KA Pollard 366 7932 89* 30.04 5247 151.17 0 39 14 511 512 10.2
    CA Lynn 96 2890 101 36.12 1948 148.35 1 20 4 206 177 11.0
    Shahid Afridi 233 3856 101 18.71 2469 156.17 1 9 20 286 218 11.3
    C Munro 148 3712 109* 30.17 2493 148.89 4 19 9 274 216 11.5
    DJG Sammy 225 3331 71* 21.08 2367 140.72 0 6 16 218 201 11.8
    GJ Maxwell 186 4280 145* 26.25 2714 157.70 2 21 16 365 223 12.2
    JA Morkel 244 4058 73* 26.35 2934 138.30 0 11 12 254 236 12.4
    YK Pathan 206 4301 100 27.57 2999 143.41 1 21 16 338 221 13.6
    SR Watson 243 6216 124* 28.91 4485 138.59 3 37 15 541 320 14.0
    Yuvraj Singh 202 4621 83 26.40 3559 129.83 0 26 8 362 251 14.2
    RE Levi 180 4837 117* 28.62 3346 144.56 3 32 16 495 234 14.3
    BB McCullum 317 8848 158* 30.93 6385 138.57 7 47 18 840 430 14.8
    LRPL Taylor 229 5426 111* 31.00 4065 133.48 1 27 11 378 266 15.3
    SB Styris 186 4020 106* 25.76 2987 134.58 2 13 6 264 195 15.3
    DT Christian 193 3308 129 22.20 2449 135.07 1 11 12 211 158 15.5
    AB de Villiers 222 6169 133* 34.46 4220 146.18 3 39 13 510 269 15.7
    JD Ryder 143 3460 107* 25.62 2382 145.25 1 25 14 378 150 15.9
    CA Ingram 163 4223 114 29.32 3085 136.88 3 25 7 375 191 16.2
    DR Smith 304 7476 110* 26.89 5840 128.01 5 45 27 714 359 16.3
    JC Buttler 192 4357 81 28.29 3051 142.80 0 26 10 346 186 16.4
    DA Miller 227 5578 120* 35.52 4022 138.68 3 26 13 409 241 16.7
    DA Warner 242 7668 135* 35.33 5342 143.54 6 59 15 765 319 16.7
    DI Stevens 187 3970 90 26.82 2905 136.66 0 17 8 317 171 17.0
    RN ten Doeschate 261 5888 121* 29.14 4344 135.54 2 25 14 360 252 17.2
    MS Dhoni 249 5577 73* 36.93 4130 135.03 0 21 7 390 236 17.5
    DJ Bravo 309 5503 70* 24.34 4415 124.64 0 19 15 366 247 17.9
    LJ Wright 267 6747 153* 27.99 4697 143.64 7 33 21 691 259 18.1
    MJ Guptill 194 5798 120* 33.13 4528 128.04 3 37 8 499 249 18.2
    RG Sharma 253 6857 118 32.34 5172 132.57 4 47 14 595 281 18.4
    AJ Finch 206 6427 156 34.55 4611 139.38 3 47 12 640 249 18.5
    SK Raina 257 7275 126* 33.68 5209 139.66 4 42 10 646 278 18.7
    CL White 214 5268 141* 31.73 4145 127.09 2 35 12 366 220 18.8
    KP Pietersen 187 5594 115* 34.53 4083 137.00 3 34 13 487 216 18.9
    EJG Morgan 227 5175 85* 26.40 4054 127.65 0 26 12 411 214 18.9
    H Masakadza 115 3756 162* 37.56 2943 127.62 4 28 4 310 155 19.0
    DJ Hussey 251 6097 100* 30.03 4577 133.20 1 31 15 424 239 19.2
    JJ Roy 162 4205 122* 27.30 2904 144.80 4 27 12 471 151 19.2
    JEC Franklin 205 4301 90 27.74 3449 124.70 0 15 9 270 176 19.6
    AD Hales 169 4617 116* 29.03 3212 143.74 2 30 13 524 163 19.7
    MJ Lumb 219 4972 124* 24.01 3605 137.91 1 26 16 597 176 20.5
    OA Shah 217 5509 84 32.79 4406 125.03 0 30 11 423 215 20.5
    Umar Akmal 219 5025 115* 29.38 3835 131.02 1 30 24 424 187 20.5
    MN Samuels 174 4429 106* 32.56 3765 117.63 2 29 8 377 182 20.7
    LMP Simmons 206 5434 100* 29.37 4691 115.83 1 42 22 517 213 22.0
    RV Uthappa 209 5547 92 29.34 4118 134.70 0 32 9 573 184 22.4
    BJ Hodge 261 7406 106 36.84 5641 131.28 2 48 14 709 248 22.7
    V Kohli 215 7095 113 40.54 5328 133.16 4 52 8 662 220 24.2
    JP Duminy 216 5691 99* 37.68 4629 122.94 0 39 11 409 191 24.2
    SE Marsh 161 5466 115 39.60 4237 129.00 2 42 4 533 174 24.4
    Shoaib Malik 279 7575 95* 37.31 6109 123.99 0 45 8 592 220 27.8
    RS Bopara 259 5721 105* 27.37 4798 119.23 1 31 14 448 161 29.8


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,136
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Russel, Guptill or AB because they can do it against anyone.

    Lynn would be in the list but he hardly plays.
    Last edited by Chief Destroyer; 2nd March 2018 at 23:13.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Russel, Guptill or AB because they can do it against anyone.

    Lynn would be in the list but he hardly plays.
    By anyone, which bowlers do you mean?

    Probably those that bowl good yorkers at pace I'm guessing.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,622
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody comes close to that tall West Indian guy.. Chris Gayle.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,030
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Nobody comes close to that tall West Indian guy.. Chris Gayle.
    Exactly! He is the best there is.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jos Buttler

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    800
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the poll for ' Who is' or 'Who was'? Who is could be Pollard or Gayle... Who was, Sourav Ganguly. nobody hits sixes as beautifully as he did.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,372
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In ODIs Rohit

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,745
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    ABD obviously. I think he has hit every kind of delivery for six in multiple directions.

    Rohit and Gayle are clean hitters of the ball but they are very conditions-dependent.

    Pandya is a hit against the spinners but a miss against the pace bowlers.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,745
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    By anyone, which bowlers do you mean?

    Probably those that bowl good yorkers at pace I'm guessing.
    Yorkers don’t work when ABD is in the zone. While every other batsman would be lucky to get a single off a yorker, ABD will scoop or lap-sweep it for six.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,446
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB and Andre Russell are two cleanest hitters and Chris Lynn is another one from Pakistan umar akmal used to hit but now he is a lost cause

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,155
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABD, Buttler, Russell, Warner, Rohit.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,871
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some people in your list are past it, in their peak they were probably best six hitters but now they don’t deserve mention in this poll..

    Also what exactly do you mean by best six hitter? What are criteria’s to judge best six hitter? % of runs in sixes, number of balls per six, timings, muscle, sixes against spinners, sixes against fast bowlers, distance of sixes??? What criteria’s do we have to judge them on?

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    2,662
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, if there was a person I would back to hit a six off the last ball to win a match, it would be Eoin Morgan.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,637
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    You forgot someone.
    Only when he's batting first.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    310
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABD by miles. He is also a miles better batsmen than anyone from his generation.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,745
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know the question is about present cricketers but have to mention Yuvi. He was effortless six hitter in almost any conditions.

    Presently its ABD without a doubt.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,893
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is Afridi and there are others.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Power - Afridi, Russell, Dhoni
    Timing - Rohit
    Elegance - Kohli
    Creative - ABD, Maxwell

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is by no means the best six-hitter but Shoaib Malik also deserves a shoutout. Example of timing the ball effortlessly rather than slogging blindly.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,685
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Abd
    Russell
    Rohit

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    39,354
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Guptill's straight sixes are a thing of beauty.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,647
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB De Villiers. He can hit sixes in all parts of the ground. Rohit is great too. Once he is set his six hitting ability is second to none. Also, Virat being in this list is perhaps a bit odd. I just cant classify him as a hitter.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,136
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    By anyone, which bowlers do you mean?

    Probably those that bowl good yorkers at pace I'm guessing.
    I mean exactly what I said. Others struggle against genuine pace, these guys don't.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    720
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    He is by no means the best six-hitter but Shoaib Malik also deserves a shoutout. Example of timing the ball effortlessly rather than slogging blindly.
    As good as any vs spin, not within 10 levels of the rest vs pace

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    720
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lynn or Gayle for me, when in the zone, you just feel every ball can disappear. Peak Yuvraj was the same.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    AB De Villiers. He can hit sixes in all parts of the ground. Rohit is great too. Once he is set his six hitting ability is second to none. Also, Virat being in this list is perhaps a bit odd. I just cant classify him as a hitter.
    Six is not all about the distance. Some of the sixes hit by Kohli is pure elegance and he along with ABDV are the batsmen who can hit any bowlers for six for fun.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 3rd March 2018 at 10:20.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Guptill's straight sixes are a thing of beauty.
    He is quite one dimensional. He is great against fast bowlers but look like a tailender against quality spin.

    Same with Gayle.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    39,354
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    He is quite one dimensional. He is great against fast bowlers but look like a tailender against quality spin.

    Same with Gayle.
    That was just a comment, I voted for Rohit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For me it’s ABDV/Kohli.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    For me it’s ABDV/Kohli.
    They can hit sixes all over the park irrespective of who the bowler is, whether it’s Starc, Tahir or any other world class pacer/spinner.

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    121
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go for ABDV, Gayle following second.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,689
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Voted for Sammy.

    WI got a lot of six hitters in their team.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,975
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol what is Pandya doing in that list


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,372
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    Power - Afridi, Russell, Dhoni
    Timing - Rohit
    Elegance - Kohli
    Creative - ABD, Maxwell
    Yuvraj has good timing

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    266
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Out of all the players who have hit 150+ sixes in T20s, Russell hits sixes the most often.

    Player Inns Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s Balls/six
    AD Russell 193 3493 100 23.92 2122 164.60 1 12 10 253 240 8.8
    CH Gayle 316 11068 175* 40.69 7429 148.98 20 67 20 835 819 9.1
    E Lewis 82 2657 125* 34.06 1819 146.06 3 19 2 218 178 10.2
    KA Pollard 366 7932 89* 30.04 5247 151.17 0 39 14 511 512 10.2
    CA Lynn 96 2890 101 36.12 1948 148.35 1 20 4 206 177 11.0
    Shahid Afridi 233 3856 101 18.71 2469 156.17 1 9 20 286 218 11.3
    C Munro 148 3712 109* 30.17 2493 148.89 4 19 9 274 216 11.5
    DJG Sammy 225 3331 71* 21.08 2367 140.72 0 6 16 218 201 11.8
    GJ Maxwell 186 4280 145* 26.25 2714 157.70 2 21 16 365 223 12.2
    JA Morkel 244 4058 73* 26.35 2934 138.30 0 11 12 254 236 12.4
    YK Pathan 206 4301 100 27.57 2999 143.41 1 21 16 338 221 13.6
    SR Watson 243 6216 124* 28.91 4485 138.59 3 37 15 541 320 14.0
    Yuvraj Singh 202 4621 83 26.40 3559 129.83 0 26 8 362 251 14.2
    RE Levi 180 4837 117* 28.62 3346 144.56 3 32 16 495 234 14.3
    BB McCullum 317 8848 158* 30.93 6385 138.57 7 47 18 840 430 14.8
    LRPL Taylor 229 5426 111* 31.00 4065 133.48 1 27 11 378 266 15.3
    SB Styris 186 4020 106* 25.76 2987 134.58 2 13 6 264 195 15.3
    DT Christian 193 3308 129 22.20 2449 135.07 1 11 12 211 158 15.5
    AB de Villiers 222 6169 133* 34.46 4220 146.18 3 39 13 510 269 15.7
    JD Ryder 143 3460 107* 25.62 2382 145.25 1 25 14 378 150 15.9
    CA Ingram 163 4223 114 29.32 3085 136.88 3 25 7 375 191 16.2
    DR Smith 304 7476 110* 26.89 5840 128.01 5 45 27 714 359 16.3
    JC Buttler 192 4357 81 28.29 3051 142.80 0 26 10 346 186 16.4
    DA Miller 227 5578 120* 35.52 4022 138.68 3 26 13 409 241 16.7
    DA Warner 242 7668 135* 35.33 5342 143.54 6 59 15 765 319 16.7
    DI Stevens 187 3970 90 26.82 2905 136.66 0 17 8 317 171 17.0
    RN ten Doeschate 261 5888 121* 29.14 4344 135.54 2 25 14 360 252 17.2
    MS Dhoni 249 5577 73* 36.93 4130 135.03 0 21 7 390 236 17.5
    DJ Bravo 309 5503 70* 24.34 4415 124.64 0 19 15 366 247 17.9
    LJ Wright 267 6747 153* 27.99 4697 143.64 7 33 21 691 259 18.1
    MJ Guptill 194 5798 120* 33.13 4528 128.04 3 37 8 499 249 18.2
    RG Sharma 253 6857 118 32.34 5172 132.57 4 47 14 595 281 18.4
    AJ Finch 206 6427 156 34.55 4611 139.38 3 47 12 640 249 18.5
    SK Raina 257 7275 126* 33.68 5209 139.66 4 42 10 646 278 18.7
    CL White 214 5268 141* 31.73 4145 127.09 2 35 12 366 220 18.8
    KP Pietersen 187 5594 115* 34.53 4083 137.00 3 34 13 487 216 18.9
    EJG Morgan 227 5175 85* 26.40 4054 127.65 0 26 12 411 214 18.9
    H Masakadza 115 3756 162* 37.56 2943 127.62 4 28 4 310 155 19.0
    DJ Hussey 251 6097 100* 30.03 4577 133.20 1 31 15 424 239 19.2
    JJ Roy 162 4205 122* 27.30 2904 144.80 4 27 12 471 151 19.2
    JEC Franklin 205 4301 90 27.74 3449 124.70 0 15 9 270 176 19.6
    AD Hales 169 4617 116* 29.03 3212 143.74 2 30 13 524 163 19.7
    MJ Lumb 219 4972 124* 24.01 3605 137.91 1 26 16 597 176 20.5
    OA Shah 217 5509 84 32.79 4406 125.03 0 30 11 423 215 20.5
    Umar Akmal 219 5025 115* 29.38 3835 131.02 1 30 24 424 187 20.5
    MN Samuels 174 4429 106* 32.56 3765 117.63 2 29 8 377 182 20.7
    LMP Simmons 206 5434 100* 29.37 4691 115.83 1 42 22 517 213 22.0
    RV Uthappa 209 5547 92 29.34 4118 134.70 0 32 9 573 184 22.4
    BJ Hodge 261 7406 106 36.84 5641 131.28 2 48 14 709 248 22.7
    V Kohli 215 7095 113 40.54 5328 133.16 4 52 8 662 220 24.2
    JP Duminy 216 5691 99* 37.68 4629 122.94 0 39 11 409 191 24.2
    SE Marsh 161 5466 115 39.60 4237 129.00 2 42 4 533 174 24.4
    Shoaib Malik 279 7575 95* 37.31 6109 123.99 0 45 8 592 220 27.8
    RS Bopara 259 5721 105* 27.37 4798 119.23 1 31 14 448 161 29.8
    Misleading, T20 ( Non internationals) have zero value overall ARUSS is brutal agreed but the stats are not showing the true picture.
    Voted for AB
    Last edited by lehen; 3rd March 2018 at 11:13.

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since when is Rohit a good six hitter? Overrated.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,418
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lehen View Post
    Misleading, T20 ( Non internationals) have zero value overall ARUSS is brutal agreed but the stats are not showing the true picture.
    Voted for AB
    How is it misleading? The question is about six hitters and I didn't see international cricket specified.

    T20s have the biggest sample size.

    Anyway, feel free to ignore the table. It's just a guide, I'm not telling anyone whom to vote for.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    1,773
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At his peak Russel hits it further and harder than them all.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    7363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Russel, Guptill or AB because they can do it against anyone.

    Lynn would be in the list but he hardly plays.
    Sharjeel, man...

    He'd be up there with the best.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    224
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you forget rohit sharma. He is a best six hitter in the world.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is arguably the best player in the world but in no way, shape or form is he the best six-hitter in the world.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,829
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voted for for sentimental reasons

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    At his peak Russel hits it further and harder than them all.
    I second this. The guy is on another level.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,725
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andre Russell and Faheem Ashraf

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,252
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russel and Lewis now it seems.

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another good performance from Thisara.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,649
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    All these jobbers and no MS Dhoni?

    He can hit sixes when he wants to. He doesn't, that's another story.

    The way the question is phrased in the OP I don't think just because you hit the most sixes you are the best six hitter in the world. A lot of those may be wild hacks or a cheap scoop. Dhoni's sixes are quality.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,039
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Since when is Rohit a good six hitter? Overrated.
    What? Dude, he holds the bloody record for hitting most sixes in an ODI Innings with 16. Also hit 12 against SriLanka after that.

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    What? Dude, he holds the bloody record for hitting most sixes in an ODI Innings with 16. Also hit 12 against SriLanka after that.
    Yes, nice record.

    But at the end of the day I make my assumption on eye test not stats.

    Otherwise Duminy (hit 8 in an innings) or Ramdin (hit 11 in an innings) would be considered.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    175
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yes, nice record.

    But at the end of the day I make my assumption on eye test not stats.

    Otherwise Duminy (hit 8 in an innings) or Ramdin (hit 11 in an innings) would be considered.
    None of them has got the record of hitting maximum sixes in a year like Rohit.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    960
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yes, nice record.

    But at the end of the day I make my assumption on eye test not stats.

    Otherwise Duminy (hit 8 in an innings) or Ramdin (hit 11 in an innings) would be considered.
    Talk about being utterly clueless about cricket.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    87,684
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Chris gayle is effortless hitter.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    1,638
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Gayle, nobody comes even close. Like nowhere close. Gayle has hit 10 or more sixes in an innings more than 10 times in T20s. Most players dream of doing it once. Prime Gayle used to send balls over 100m+ with a simple tap. He didn't need to slog or shuffle across the stumps.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,039
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yes, nice record.

    But at the end of the day I make my assumption on eye test not stats.

    Otherwise Duminy (hit 8 in an innings) or Ramdin (hit 11 in an innings) would be considered.
    Well, I can also say Waqar Younis was an overrated bowler, but it wont be the truth.Isnt it? Because the proof what he has done is there.Similiarly, Rohit has smoked more than 10 sixes in a game more than once and has been the guy to hit most sixes in an year.Now that makes a great six hitter whether you like it or not.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Lynn

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    854
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.Gayle
    2.russel
    3.lynn

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,418
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1)Lewis
    2)Russel
    3)Gayle

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,975
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me
    Can easily clear the 25 m boundary in our lawn. I can hit biggies too but if ball goes out of lawn that is OUT, so i control my hitting instincts


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,798
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was watching CPL today. Russell with 40 ball 100.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russell has overtaken gayle as the best six hitter in the world.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    2,662
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd stopped cheering his sixes towards the end. I dont think it was out of disrespect, just disbelief.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •