Mohammad Hafeez speaking at a presser after PZ v MS:

"Sohaib Maqsood took the score to a total beyond the par score on this pitch"

"We planned to take it deep and then hit the bowlers at the death when the ball was wet due to dew but we couldn't keep it up in the last few overs"

"We can't give excuses, our planning was fine because we knew that there is dew so we played four pacers but we couldn't execute the skills"

"Wahab had a bad day, what he wanted to do wasn't happening. The bowlers gave their full effort"

"I think we have a lot of momentum, the matches we're losing are close games so the finish isn't that good perhaps. As a team we're confident and we're giving our 100%, we have some problems with injuries but everyone is contributing"

"We are trying to take the pressure off Hasan as he is returning from injury and is not completely in rhythm"

"The players in the team are here because they have proved themselves and they are good players, I hope everyone will take the responsibility to execute their roles"

"Sammy is recovering well and is working hard with the physio. Hasan is a confident player and wants to play but we don't want to put too much load on him, however much more he plays, the better he will get"

"The PZ management approached the PCB's PSL committee and asked them if I can be allowed to bowl in PSL. The bowling review committee was contacted and they were very happy with all the hard work I've put in and my tests in Pakistan were also improved but the PSL Technical Committee didn't give me permission to bowl. I was expecting to bowl in PSL and get more confidence but we had to accept that decision. I have informed the PCB that I am available for a bowling test to clear my action and I think they have discussed it with the ICC and we are waiting for the arrangements so I can give the bowling test"

"Until a player is fulfilling what's required of him and is performing and is fit and is justifying his place, it doesn't matter if he is senior or junior. Team's selection is done on performance and fitness. As a senior player, I will be available for Pakistan as long as I am performing and am fit. My target is the 2019 World Cup and I want to perform well for Pakistan in that and then I will see how it goes after that"