Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    India played their Tests at Cape Town, Centurion and Johannesburg. They didn’t play a Test here.

Port Elizabeth is a much smaller and poorer city. (According to today’s newspaper, unemployment is 84% and HIV prevalence is 28%). There is much less of a sense of danger than there was at Durban (where I got chased down the street one block from the ground) but central PE - where the ground is - is visibly poor.

I think on a Friday in PE either you are working or you can’t afford $12 for a cricket ticket.
    I was referring to the odi that Ind played here

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    250 is on for Australia. Good batting by Paine.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    250 is on for Australia. Good batting by Paine.
    @Convict and I have long disagreed about Paine.

He’s always been a lovely glovesman, but I think he’s a really good Number 7 batsman too.

But what he really brings to the team is his leadership skills and personality. He isn’t quiet and meek like Peter Nevill, but he’s also not a bullying oaf like Matthew Wade.

He sets the tone in he field with hard work and discipline and a perfectionist streak. He is the leader in the field. But he’s also a sensible and strong senior figure off the field: consider how he manhandled Dave Warner out of the way when he could see that De Kock has him ready to explode on the stairs.

I reckon Tim Paine will replace Warner as vice-captain after this series.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good stuff from Paine, have to admit.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubbish bowling, short to Hazlewood should be the plan

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if SA had a Starc to finish things off.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fancy that, they got Paine instead. Not much reverse so Starc might've had trouble wrapping it up as well

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA need to put 350+ with the bat.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What a session of test cricket that was!

Can't wait to see the whole next two days

Come on Saffers! I've switched loyalties from Aus for this test post-line fiasco

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have to say, I'm not very confident that SA will do much better.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada is having a dream day

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously?

India’s Fake Ranking is due to a glut of Home series in the last two years.

They have lost their most recent Test series in:

Australia
    England
    New Zealand
    South Africa.

And they lost their recent Test series in South Africa in just EIGHT DAYS!
    Thanks for the concern..Check your own team ranking and come back

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rabada, the best in the world.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Rabada, the best in the world.
    Kohli played him pretty well in Test series...not much success for Rabada vs 2

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    SA need to put 350+ with the bat.
    I am not confident that SA will bat well.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    I am not confident that SA will bat well.
    These days nobody is. However, if you have to win you have to bat well. SA should be eyeing for a 75 run lead minimum.One century and a couple of fifties should do that.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A truly fabulous session of Test cricket!

And here is a picture which sums up the day. Seated in white in the crowd on the left of the photo is a certain Merv Hughes. And on the right, in the opposite stand, you can see the horn belonging to the marvellous brass band.

It’s been an ambition for years for me to attend a Test at PE and hear the band. And it is a magical experience!

Attachment 79804
    Good to see you're having fun. Met any of the players yet?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    That's a heartbreaking picture, to be honest. As you state, it has been an absolutely enthralling day of cricket but those empty chairs tell me that modern society is long past any hope of redemption. There's no accounting for taste, I guess. I remember PE usually used to get good crowds on Fridays.
    Talk about ****.. Just because others have different taste than you, the world has lost all hopes of redemption.. redemption from what?

By the way, i love test cricket and spent more time in front of TV watching today's match than yesterdays Ind/BD T20 Match. that doesn't mean i need to look down upon LOI matches. I will be spending lots of time in front of TV when the IPL starts.. it is all cricket.. People have voted with their wallet on what they like. move on.. Be thankful that boards are charitable enough to sustain test from the money they make out of LOIs. Instead of looking down up LOIs, test fans should be thankful for LOIs (I included)

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    And these sides put together won exactly ONE test match in India. India won more away and therefore is No.1
    So India winning two test matches (a fluke victory in England and a dead rubber win in South Africa) in four different countries and of course, not having played let alone win, a single match in the UAE makes them #1?

It's pretty clear that the real #1 is whoever wins this series. The paper champs will get a whooping in England and Australia later this year, just like last time. Although thankfully, they don't have Dhoni captaining them this time and an aggressive guy like Kohli might ensure they don't get whitewashed 9-0.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    That's a heartbreaking picture, to be honest. As you state, it has been an absolutely enthralling day of cricket but those empty chairs tell me that modern society is long past any hope of redemption. There's no accounting for taste, I guess. I remember PE usually used to get good crowds on Fridays.
    Some people (mostly the IPL crowd) clearly don't get it but you're right. Instant gratification, impatience and general degradation are rampant. There are signs that the tide is stemming but that is for another thread.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seriously?

India’s Fake Ranking is due to a glut of Home series in the last two years.
    India actually got the #1 ranking in Aug 2016 before they won home series against NZ, Aus and Eng.

You should be more appreciative of Indians. Thanks to India bailing out Australia to the tune of AU$8B a year, you still get your handouts from the Australian government which allows you to travel

@Tusker @cricketjoshila @Canadian G00se @IndianFan2018

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    So India winning two test matches (a fluke victory in England and a dead rubber win in South Africa) in four different countries and of course, not having played let alone win, a single match in the UAE makes them #1?

It's pretty clear that the real #1 is whoever wins this series. The paper champs will get a whooping in England and Australia later this year, just like last time. Although thankfully, they don't have Dhoni captaining them this time and an aggressive guy like Kohli might ensure they don't get whitewashed 9-0.
    That's a lot of lip for a guy whose country just got whitewashed in NZ and Australia, and followed up by getting whitewashed at home by SL (who btw are yet to win ONE match in India).

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    KAGISO RABADA produced a spell of sustained hostility, pace and skill on either side of the tea interval to give the Standard Bank Proteas a strong start on the opening day of the second Sunfoil Test match at St. George’s Park on Friday.

The Proteas, needing victory to square the four-match series, will have been delighted to dismiss Australia for 243 inside the first day’s play and then reply with 39 for the loss of Aiden Markram’s wicket by the close of play.

Australia, having won the toss, looked comfortably placed on a lively surface after David Warner and Cameron Bancroft put on 98 for the first wicket and Steve Smith and Shaun Marsh a further 44 for the fourth.

But everything changed when Rabada returned to the attack. After bowling one over from the Duckpond End he switched to the Park Drive end and, starting with the key wicket of Smith, he ran through most of the Australian middle and lower order. In all he took 5/36 in 8 overs but significantly he took his 5 wickets in the space of 18 balls for just 13 runs. At one stage he had 4/8 off 7 balls and had the chance to take a hat trick after dismissing Mitchell Marsh and Pat Cummins with successful balls.

It was Rabada’s eighth five-wicket haul in only his 28th Test match and his second against Australia.

He was well backed up by Vernon Philander and Lungi Ngidi, who was preferred to Morne Morkel in the only change to the Proteas side, who took the other 5 wickets between them.

This enabled the Proteas to take 5/72 in the second session and 4/73 in the final one. The only thing that will have disappointed them would have been the fact that the Australian tail was again able to wag to some extent with the last 3 wickets contributing the 73 runs that were scored after the tea interval.

Warner (63 off 100 balls, 9 fours) was the only Australian batsman to get past 50.

Rabada finished with 5/96 from 21 overs, Philander with 2/25 in 18 economical overs and Ngidi with 3/51.

For good measure Rabada also did well as night watchman to get his side through the final 20 minutes without further loss.

The Sunfoil Education Trust benefited to the tune of R69 500 for boundaries and sixes hit and wickets taken by the two sides from the first day’s play.
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th March 2018 at 18:31.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was @Junaids own criteria who still thinks the cricket world revolves around the white countries. Talk to him.

Anyone stop these countries from winning dead rubber matches in India ? Ohh and the Aussie win in India was also a fluke.

It's pretty clear that the real #1 is whoever wins this series. The paper champs will get a whooping in England and Australia later this year, just like last time.
    Just like how the sa tour was supposed to be a beating right?

Although thankfully, they don't have Dhoni captaining them this time and an aggressive guy like Kohli might ensure they don't get whitewashed 9-0.
    Why don't you put money where your mouth is for once ? Start by telling us your predictions for the 2 series.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    India actually got the #1 ranking in Aug 2016 before they won home series against NZ, Aus and Eng.

You should be more appreciative of Indians. Thanks to India bailing out Australia to the tune of AU$8B a year, you still get your handouts from the Australian government which allows you to travel

@Tusker @cricketjoshila @Canadian G00se @IndianFan2018
    Something tells me that you will not get a response from Junaids to the hand outs to Aus point.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something tells me that you will not get a response from Junaids to the hand outs to Aus point.
    I am in half a mind to tell BCCI to stop propping up the Indian government (through taxes) which gives handouts to the Australian government which bails out Junaids

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The world is losing values but we all know that. Society is going in such a direction that I really worry for the next generations.

As for crowd I believe it should be better for weekend

#MPGA

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Kohli played him pretty well in Test series...not much success for Rabada vs 2
    Kohli is ATG batsman....dont consider him in account...

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    That's a lot of lip for a guy whose country just got whitewashed in NZ and Australia, and followed up by getting whitewashed at home by SL (who btw are yet to win ONE match in India).
    And lost test matches to WI And Zim in fact if memory serves me right majority of the cricket world has won tests in uae iirc.

But then again this is the guy who thinks chasing is easier than batting first in odis lol
    Last edited by Tusker; 9th March 2018 at 18:49.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes focusing on own teams pahetic status in tests (after losing MisYo) will serve good for few than feeling jeoalous about No. 1 test team from more than a year #JustSaying
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 10th March 2018 at 00:13.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does Dharmsena nod vigorously while signalling a four?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dravidthewall View Post
    Kohli is ATG batsman....dont consider him in account...
    King Kohli 2 has tamed well this young raging bull KG.

Let's see how Bradman handles KG (hope Rabada is not banned in next 2 tests)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Why does Dharmsena nod vigorously while signalling a four?
    Showing his disapproval of the bowler for the poor ball bowled?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useful runs from Rabada.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good pitch to bat on right now. SA's main batsmen should bat long and get 400 runs on board.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    As usual, Mitch Starc struggling to break through with the new red ball.

These scoreboard figures tell you all you need to know.

F267E908-41A5-4A40-B9BE-C9F704440402.jpg

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual, Mitch Starc struggling to break through with the new red ball.

These scoreboard figures tell you all you need to know.

F267E908-41A5-4A40-B9BE-C9F704440402.jpg
    Patience bro ... SA will fold.

chocking ...great escape.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    It’s a gorgeous day in Port Elizabeth.

The ocean is peeking out at the top of the picture, the sun is out, and the band has just struck up another tune - Bonnie Tyler’s “It’s a Heartache”!

315F994F-E12C-473E-9BE7-B1639E16F4D6.jpg

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sa need 300 minimum

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Until recently I thought the top six sides were roughly equal.

Now I think that India is slightly stronger than Australia or South Africa, but not strong enough to overcome away conditions.

There just aren’t any outstanding teams like the West Indies who were unbeaten in a Test series from 1980-1995 or the Pakistanis who lost 1 Test series (1-0) between 1985 and 1993. No team is strong enough to overcome away disadvantage any more.

By the way, I think the Delhi Police have done more good work with fixing (Cronje) than the rest of the cricket world put together. And Laxman and Rahane are two of my all-time favourite batsmen, and Bedi is my all-time favourite spinner!

It’s sad watching Amla here though. This is the third Test I’ve watched him play in person in fifteen months. And at Adelaide, Durban and Port Elizabeth I’ve watched a has-been: a guy who was once almost a borderline great who now only remains in the team to fill a racial quota. They’d be better to pick Bavuma instead.
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th March 2018 at 08:08.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The music being played in the background the band is so sooothing............

#MPGA

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until recently I thought the top six sides were roughly equal.

Now I think that India is slightly stronger than Australia or South Africa, but not strong enough to overcome away conditions.

There just aren’t any outstanding teams like the West Indies who were unbeaten in a Test series from 1980-1995 or the Pakistanis who lost 1 Test series (1-0) between 1985 and 1993. No team is strong enough to overcome away disadvantage any more.

By the way, I think the Delhi Police have done more good work with fixing (Cronje) than the rest of the cricket world put together. And Laxman and Rahane are two of my all-time favourite batsmen, and Bedi is my all-time favourite spinner!

It’s sad watching Amla here though. This is the third Test I’ve watched him play in person in fifteen months. And at Adelaide, Durban and Port Elizabeth I’ve watched a has-been: a guy who was once almost a borderline great who now only remains in the team to fill a racial quota. They’d be better to pick Bavuma instead.
    U n the racial quota; still a better love story than Twilight

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa have crawled to 110-2. Elgar and Amla have done well to protect their wickets. But they need to start scoring freely otherwise Starc might return with his revere swing later and blow away a few batsmen. of course Starc is more know to topple tail enders, but still...

Anyway interesting second session ahead.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like both won't survive for more. But one thing is sure; Elgar always play like this yet scores some runs too. SA will be dead focused on him, since he is a very difficult customer to dislodge once settled.

Amla .......good only if doesn't choke.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada followed by Cummins are the 2 best young fast bowlers .

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummins bowled a very good over.. But Amla releases some pressure by scoring a much needed boundary

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's hoping both Amla and Elgar get big runs, they are both due that

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    So, SAF is basically 1 down. Need to take as much lead as possible to bring Maharaj into game early.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ball started to reversing soo early whenever ausis bowl

Have to say that this ausis pacers are pretty skillfull

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    Ball started to reversing soo early whenever ausis bowl

Have to say that this ausis pacers are pretty skillfull
    Or they got zippers

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I think the Proteas are batting a little slowly.

It’s fine to grind a three pacer attack into the dust in back-to-back Tests.

But 200-3 at the second new ball can easily become 240-6.

By the way, Steve Smith just got the umpires to silence the band. What cowardice! Diddums can’t concentrate!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Proteas are batting a little slowly.

It’s fine to grind a three pacer attack into the dust in back-to-back Tests.

But 200-3 at the second new ball can easily become 240-6.

By the way, Steve Smith just got the umpires to silence the band. What cowardice! Diddums can’t concentrate!
    Commies saying umpires decided to make the band stop.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The band just left. I can’t believe the umpires closed them down.

I’m going to leave at Tea. That’s really ruined the Test for me.

These players should be ashamed of themselves.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Commies saying umpires decided to make the band stop.
    Yep, and we all booed as the band left.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    152-2 Excellent defensive batting from these two. Taking the team to decent score at the stroke of tea.

Australia might be sweating a little bit

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, and we all booed as the band left.
    Bands at Cricket just does not go well. main reason why i hate cricket in SL. Bloody annoying.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Meanwhile in Port Elizabeth:<br>The band were in full voice<br>Umpires refuse to continue play until the band stops<br>The band is removed<br>Loud boos from the crowd<br>The match referee intervenes<br>The band is brought back<br>The music and singing starts again<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SAvAUS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SAvAUS</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket </a></p>&mdash; Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/972463445361807361?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 10, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by UN talkz; 10th March 2018 at 12:29.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid bands.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are bowling full

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having said that Srilankan bands are hands down the worst and annoying bands. So Dharmsena complaining about this is bizzarre

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bands must have disturbed the batsmen 4 down... Australia on TOP

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Having said that Srilankan bands are hands down the worst and annoying bands. So Dharmsena complaining about this is bizzarre
    You are right... he should be used to the band. The only explanation could be that he likes only Lankan music

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope ABDV is positive.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will starc’s two card trick work with AB and Fauf

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Sri Lankan bands ar every annoying I must admit

But I was watching this match earlier and tbh the tunes they were playing were very soothing to the ear

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starc bowls just 2 types of balls mostly. Full of short.One ball that straighten and moves away is the. Let danverous. Everything else is managable.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazelwood is extremely accurate

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Sri Lankan bands ar every annoying I must admit

But I was watching this match earlier and tbh the tunes they were playing were very soothing to the ear
    Like Lankan Flute Vs South African Vuvuzela?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Starc bowls just 2 types of balls mostly. Full of short.One ball that straighten and moves away is the. Let danverous. Everything else is managable.
    That's like saying Superman has just two strengths.

He can fly and has laser eyes. Everything else is manageable

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    Like Lankan Flute Vs South African Vuvuzela?
    The band wasn't playing the vuvuzela I believe. Atleast it wasn't the overriding aspect of the tune

But yeah WC2010 was an earsore

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every single Austrslsin fast bowler bowls inswinger with precision.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    V
    ikas: "First 14 wickets of a test match involving only bowler and wicket keeper. Is that a record?" Interesting observation.
    nteresting

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he bowls to other supermen

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sA by nature is very defensive in tests

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Bands at Cricket just does not go well. main reason why i hate cricket in SL. Bloody annoying.
    I chose to attend this Test instead of Cape Town BECAUSE of the band.

For the first 25 yeas of my life, non-whites could only watch cricket in South Africa from an “enclosure” which in reality was a cage. Now at PE there is this amazing band, and they are the humans who didn’t used to be allowed to sit in normal parts of one the ground. To hear their joy at the cricket is inspirational, if you ask me.

I am descended from generation after generation of Yorkshire miners. If you’ve ever watched “Brassed off” you will know why brass bands are an important part of my identity!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummins is giving AN a workover.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ab is off color.picks the length late

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :

5 down.. And south africa looking down the barrell.

Last batting pair at the crease now.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy Faf Aussies are relentless with that length.Full but not too full