Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 385
  1. #161
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AN has to countersttack

  2. #162
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to play some attacking cricket. This defending will not get them close to the total.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every other ball is the same type of vs
    From every single fast bowler. Full ball tailing in..

  4. #164
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABD has to score big here

  5. #165
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB is too good not to adapt to this line and length already. Just that doesn't have the guts to break free. Ultra cautious

  6. #166
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :

    6 DOWN!

  7. #167
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another leg before. Same ball same swing lol they give one week notice about each dismissal. They still get out.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB and De kock batting together,loves it every time

    Hope they won't spoil my night

  9. #169
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is seriously mentally scared batting line up. Against India they folded for under 200 runs 3 out of 6 times. Now already struggling to cross 200 , 2nd time out of 3 in this series

  10. #170
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,575
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I chose to attend this Test instead of Cape Town BECAUSE of the band.

    For the first 25 yeas of my life, non-whites could only watch cricket in South Africa from an “enclosure” which in reality was a cage. Now at PE there is this amazing band, and they are the humans who didn’t used to be allowed to sit in normal parts of one the ground. To hear their joy at the cricket is inspirational, if you ask me.

    I am descended from generation after generation of Yorkshire miners. If you’ve ever watched “Brassed off” you will know why brass bands are an important part of my identity!
    Anything overdone tends to become a annoyance. I cant quite understand how anyone can take on hours upon hours of band playing at Cricket ... there is a time and place for everything ... if I want to see a band playing I go to a concert ... I came to the cricket to watch the cricketers in peace.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  11. #171
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very disciplined bowling. But you need to take calculated risks. I bet kohli would not have let those off side full balls like and left. Finally some intent

  12. #172
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good AN has to bat like Ab

  13. #173
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more these pair stick on the crease the better runs will came

    SA tail not going to add anything handy against starc

  14. #174
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous straight drive. Finally broke free

  15. #175
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fab from AB

    14 from cummins over

  16. #176
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys like AB should not let them get away with straight and full balls .Finally punishing them

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    1,129
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Come on AB, making great bowlers look ordinary

  18. #178
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a slow pitch. Everyone tries to take pitch out of the equation by bowling full. I understand Starc can be good with that. But letting others get away with that strategy is where SA lost. Mitch Marsh.. you give him two wickets.. that is bad.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on beat the crap out of Mitch Marsh. He is slightly quicker than dibbly dobby bowler.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,953
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    AB is amazing

  21. #181
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality from AB so far,what a fun watching him bat

    Now conversion time

  22. #182
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    861
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABD goat

  23. #183
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dekock gone. Although it appears to be a very good delivery. I have to say he assumed ball would come straight one. Didn't give himself lee way for a last minute adjustment

  24. #184
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,922
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like ABDV is going to be stranded not out at the crease in the first innings once again. SHould try and protect the tail more this time.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old school off spinners delivery from lyon

    A ball showing his quality

  26. #186
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect a collapse. They should have done this from the morning. They were letting Aussies bowler get on top of them. Now they are still behind australians even after little burst from ABDV.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be surprised if Starc cleans all 3 in the next over.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,575
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Until recently I thought the top six sides were roughly equal.

    Now I think that India is slightly stronger than Australia or South Africa, but not strong enough to overcome away conditions.

    There just aren’t any outstanding teams like the West Indies who were unbeaten in a Test series from 1980-1995 or the Pakistanis who lost 1 Test series (1-0) between 1985 and 1993. No team is strong enough to overcome away disadvantage any more.
    Overall:
    Ind 2013-2018: Played 53 Won 29 Lost 11 Drawn 10
    Pak 1985-1993: Played 61 Won 19 Lost 10 Drawn 32

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

    Away:
    Ind 2013-2018: Played 27 Won 9 Lost 10 Drawn 8
    Pak 1985-1993: Played 33 Won 7 Lost 8 Drawn 18


    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team


    In B4 you start to water down current Era and arbitrarily big up the older ERA's. Just keep in mind that you have not been able to substantiate any of the nostalgia influenced ratings that you swear by.
    Last edited by Tusker; 10th March 2018 at 14:51.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  29. #189
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its such a shame that no one can give AB a proper support again and again

    The way AB de is playing, he will keep accumulating runs.10 boundaries in his 53. That guy is playing on a different level to the other players

  30. #190
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    Its such a shame that no one can give AB a proper support again and again

    The way AB de is playing, he will keep accumulating runs.10 boundaries in his 53. That guy is playing on a different level to the other players
    Dekock was the most fluent against Starc on view. Who would have thought he would get out to Lyon. That is the problem. ABDV took a blow, survived close shouts. He hung in there. Others were too lazy. Especially Fauf getting out to Marsha was not that good a ball.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a dumb call lol almost ABDV ran himself out. ABDV should control runs not a tailender. As soon as Vernon ran out of panic, ABDV responds foolishly. lol Luckily Vernon stopped. Otherwise ABDV would still be running.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABDV has to have superior game awareness when he is with tail. He should farm the strike.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    What a dumb call lol almost ABDV ran himself out. ABDV should control runs not a tailender. As soon as Vernon ran out of panic, ABDV responds foolishly. lol Luckily Vernon stopped. Otherwise ABDV would still be running.
    AB is a fast runner but his decision making is arguably the worst in history

  34. #194
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,030
    Mentioned
    1777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    Overall:
    Ind 2013-2018: Played 53 Won 29 Lost 11 Drawn 10
    Pak 1985-1993: Played 61 Won 19 Lost 10 Drawn 32

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

    Away:
    Ind 2013-2018: Played 27 Won 9 Lost 10 Drawn 8
    Pak 1985-1993: Played 33 Won 7 Lost 8 Drawn 18


    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team


    In B4 you start to water down current Era and arbitrarily big up the older ERA's. Just keep in mind that you have not been able to substantiate any of the nostalgia influenced ratings that you swear by.
    I’m not sure you understand those stats.

    The key is the draws. Imran Khan’s team drew Tests - and series - in which they were being dominated, whereas no modern team can.

    Three consecutive 1-1 series against the West Indies!

    If you consider the Durban Test, Imran’s Pakistan would have batted two days to save it. But none of the modern teams can do that. That’s the difference. No team of the last decade has the quality to save those losing causes.

    And to be fair, India did the same thing in Pakistan in 89-90, when they drew a four Test series 0-0.
    Last edited by Junaids; 10th March 2018 at 14:58.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    AB is a fast runner but his decision making is arguably the worst in history
    In crucial matches he lets his team down with run outs.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philander has got decent technique to survive for a while

    Its time to show some character

  37. #197
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    In crucial matches he lets his team down with run outs.
    True

  38. #198
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Risky from AB but worth every penny

    Trailing by 2 now

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    1,743
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AB is such class, different level than the rest.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New ball taken

    Not sure how effective it can be for ausis because starc was reversing the old ball quite well before

  41. #201
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the last 20 overs movement completely vanished. Their one card trick is not working anymore. Even Philander looks confident. Even levelling the score is not enough for SA. They have to take a sizable lead.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies are tired. Score as much as possible now.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lead by 1 now

    A lead of 50 can be handy here but with the new ball either quick runs or tail wrapping up awaits

  44. #204
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Holding (on a rare occasion). You can handle new ball swing more easily than reverse.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    Lead by 1 now

    A lead of 50 can be handy here but with the new ball either quick runs or tail wrapping up of tail awaits
    Philander can be loose with his stroke play. That is the problem for SA. He almost played a rubbish shot and got out.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,575
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I’m not sure you understand those stats.

    The key is the draws. Imran Khan’s team drew Tests - and series - in which they were being dominated, whereas no modern team can.

    Three consecutive 1-1 series against the West Indies!

    If you consider the Durban Test, Imran’s Pakistan would have batted two days to save it. But none of the modern teams can do that. That’s the difference. No team of the last decade has the quality to save those losing causes.

    And to be fair, India did the same thing in Pakistan in 89-90, when they drew a four Test series 0-0.
    Nobody considers a draw as a great achievement. And the Draws in the 80s were turgid yawn fests no better than watching paint dry. Typical of the low intensity cricket that was the norm back then.

    India Winning 10 more Tests than Pak in 8 fewer matches ( 63 vs 51 ) is by far the better achievement of the two.

    Please post links of Test matches where Imrans team batted 2 days to save test matches in the 4th inngs. At max there would be 3-4 occasions(and I havent looked at statsguru ).


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  47. #207
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow was the Vernon or AB lol Vernon slammed Starc like a club bowler. This is a pitch where once you pitch all venom is gone. Too slow a pitch.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is some much contrast with how Starc toyed with tail in the last match. With new ball Starc is rendered ineffective. Vernon bats like a top order against the same Starc.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,197
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil getting singles in last ball from two consecutive overs now. But then every single run is important here. They have to take the lead to 50 runs.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Agree with Holding (on a rare occasion). You can handle new ball swing more easily than reverse.
    But these ausis bolwers are not that versatile especially their lead bowler starc

    He is menacing like anything with the old but not that effective with the new,here he can clean the tail with pace though

    But these types of all round skills and versatility separates good bowlers from great bowers

  51. #211
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    19,728
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I’m not sure you understand those stats.

    The key is the draws. Imran Khan’s team drew Tests - and series - in which they were being dominated, whereas no modern team can.

    Three consecutive 1-1 series against the West Indies!

    If you consider the Durban Test, Imran’s Pakistan would have batted two days to save it. But none of the modern teams can do that. That’s the difference. No team of the last decade has the quality to save those losing causes.

    And to be fair, India did the same thing in Pakistan in 89-90, when they drew a four Test series 0-0.
    Can you cite an example of IK's team where batted even 130 overs let alone 180 overs in 4th inning to save a match? I can find examples of modern era teams batting for 130+ to save a test.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  52. #212
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    But these ausis bolwers are not that versatile especially their lead bowler starc

    He is menacing like anything with the old but not that effective with the new,here he can clean the tail with pace though

    But these types of all round skills and versatility separates good bowlers from great bowers
    Hazlewood is the most disciplined. SA should have been able to negotiate each and every bowler much better than they have done now given that SA batsmen are used to playing against good fast bowlers. So mental issues are still there. De kock was looking very good. Even better than AB at one point today. Suddenly he got a good one from Lyon. He and AB had a chance to bat Australia out of the match.

    Now they have to be content with a smallish lead and fight hard in the 2nd innings.

  53. #213
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking this will turn out to be a classic Test match.

  54. #214
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The effect of AB Devillers has started to show, Elgar and Amla spent 2 hours and scored 40-50 runs and with AB its a different story as he scores very fast,SA in lead and ausis now in defending mode

    Such an impact a busy player can bring to a team as compared to traditional old school batters

  55. #215
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    The effect of AB Devillers has started to show, Elgar and Amla spent 2 hours and scored 40-50 runs and with AB its a different story as he scores very fast,SA in lead and ausis now in defending mode

    Such an impact a busy player can bring to a team as compared to traditional old school batters
    That Australian bowlers are already looking worn out. So cash in as much as possible today. Morning they will be fresh and run through the tail assuming they don't collapse today.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This partnership has put SA slightly ahead in this match. Still a long way to go to feel safe. On this pitch Smith will easily score a 100. This is not a difficult pitch. Most of the batsmen got out was a result of lazy batting.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Hazlewood is the most disciplined. SA should have been able to negotiate each and every bowler much better than they have done now given that SA batsmen are used to playing against good fast bowlers. So mental issues are still there. De kock was looking very good. Even better than AB at one point today. Suddenly he got a good one from Lyon. He and AB had a chance to bat Australia out of the match.

    Now they have to be content with a smallish lead and fight hard in the 2nd innings.
    Just show on TV that avg score here on Day 2 s 233-9

    So i think SA played quite well

  58. #218
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    Just show on TV that avg score here on Day 2 s 233-9

    So i think SA played quite well
    Lyon will play a role in the 2nd innings for them as i see foot marks.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,370
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Junaids, how many overs was that Wasim-Imran partnership in Adelaide which took them from 5-90 to 6-281 way back in 1990’?

  60. #220
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,575
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Can you cite an example of IK's team where batted even 130 overs let alone 180 overs in 4th inning to save a match? I can find examples of modern era teams batting for 130+ to save a test.
    There is no example of Pak team batting 2 days highest is 129 overs vs WI.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...m;view=innings

    Besides that just simple basic understanding of Test Cricket will tell you that not allowing your opposition to get so far ahead so many times in the 1st inngs that you are left with the option of blocking for a day and more is in no way a greater achievement than a Team which got in that position much lesser.

    Anyhow here is the list of all 180+ inngs ... there is only 5-6 and guess what they are all from the 1st inngs.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...m;view=innings


    So like with *EVERYTHING* that is claimed by old ERA fanatics this is yet another instance of trying to convert a half truth into something that is not even remotely close to fact.


    This is why I never ever take anything said about the old era at face value.

    @Junaids


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  61. #221
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,907
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    @Junaids, how many overs was that Wasim-Imran partnership in Adelaide which took them from 5-90 to 6-281 way back in 1990’?
    Around 80-90 overs so a full days play, the whole inns was ~150 overs. Then u see India who collapsed from 2 down to AO in 18 overs in Adelaide in '14 LOL

  62. #222
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,575
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Can you cite an example of IK's team where batted even 130 overs let alone 180 overs in 4th inning to save a match? I can find examples of modern era teams batting for 130+ to save a test.
    There is no example of Pak team batting 2 days highest is 129 overs vs WI.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...m;view=innings

    Besides that just simple basic understanding of Test Cricket will tell you that <s>not</s> allowing your opposition to get so far ahead so many times in the 1st inngs that you are left with the option of blocking for a day and more is in no way a greater achievement than a Team which got in that position much lesser.

    Anyhow here is the list of all 180+ inngs ... there is only 5-6 and guess what they are all from the 1st inngs.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...m;view=innings


    So like with *EVERYTHING* that is claimed by old ERA fanatics this is yet another instance of trying to convert a half truth into something that is not even remotely close to fact.


    This is why I never ever take anything said about the old era at face value.


    @Junaids

    Minor correction.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  63. #223
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,370
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Around 80-90 overs so a full days play, the whole inns was ~150 overs. Then u see India who collapsed from 2 down to AO in 18 overs in Adelaide in '14 LOL
    Thanks mate.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,894
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    AB DE VILLIERS broke the control of the Australian bowlers to bat the Standard Bank Proteas into a first innings lead on the second day of the second Sunfoil Test match at St. George’s Park on Saturday.

    The Proteas had struggled to take the initiative in spite of a good effort by the night watchman Kagiso Rabada who helped Dean Elgar add 45 for the second wicket and then the third wicket stand of 88 between Elgar and Hashim Amla.

    Both the latter batsmen reached half-centuries (Elgar 57 off 197 balls, 6 fours and Amla 56 off 148 balls, also 6 fours) but the Proteas were only able to score 43 runs off the 26 overs that made up the middle session.

    But De Villiers changed the tempo of the match as the Proteas scored 110 runs in the final session and, although they lost 5 wickets in the process they stretched the lead to 20 runs by the close of play.

    De Villiers reached the close on 74 (81 balls, 14 fours) and still had Vernon Philander for company to endeavour to take the lead to the three-figure mark the Proteas will want.

    The Australian seamers made effective use of reverse swing for most of the second and third sessions to pose some difficult questions for the batsmen before Steve Smith took the second new ball just over five overs from the close.

    De Villiers holds the balance of power in the match in his gifted hands as it is not just the seamers who are benefiting from conditions. There was also substantial assistance for spinner Nathan Lyon who dismissed Quinton de Kock with a delivery that both turned and bounced substantially. The Proteas will not want a big fourth innings target.

    Pat Cummins (2/55) was the pick of the Australian attack while Mitchell Marsh (2/26 in 9 overs) filled a vital role as fourth seamer on a day on which the visitors had to spend the entire day in the field.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  65. #225
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,444
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Overrated AB playing another useless knock.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,575
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Around 80-90 overs so a full days play, the whole inns was ~150 overs. Then u see India who collapsed from 2 down to AO in 18 overs in Adelaide in '14 LOL
    that was in 3rd inngs facing the "Awesome" bowling attack consisting of Merv, Peter Taylor (some obscure spinner), Greg Campbell (more famous for being Pontings Uncle than anything else) and Carl Rackemann.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...ralia-1989-90/

    The defensive tactics of Pak first taking forever to score their runs and then delaying the declaration chosing to bat on D5 is what resulted in a Draw.

    Whereas the Indian inngs that you are trying to ridicule came in the 4th inngs against Johnson,Harris,Siddle Lyon.

    Let me know if you still want to discuss. Something tells me you wont be seen here anytime soon.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...rophy-2014-15/


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  67. #227
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,907
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    that was in 3rd inngs facing the "Awesome" bowling attack consisting of Merv, Peter Taylor (some obscure spinner), Greg Campbell (more famous for being Pontings Uncle than anything else) and Carl Rackemann.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...ralia-1989-90/

    The defensive tactics of Pak first taking forever to score their runs and then delaying the declaration chosing to bat on D5 is what resulted in a Draw.

    Whereas the Indian inngs that you are trying to ridicule came in the 4th inngs against Johnson,Harris,Siddle Lyon.

    Let me know if you still want to discuss. Something tells me you wont be seen here anytime soon.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...rophy-2014-15/
    India lost 7 against Lyon including some truly awful shots (Kohli and Saha), not sure what the others have to do with it. Reminded me of Chennai '99 and Gavaskar's Oval knock in 79 and in his last test where India lost inexplicably. Maybe it's just an Indian thing to collapse in the face of victory, would explain Sachin's poor 4th inns average as well. Pakistan have the 4th inns collapse in small chases covered though

  68. #228
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,575
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    India lost 7 against Lyon including some truly awful shots (Kohli and Saha), not sure what the others have to do with it. Reminded me of Chennai '99 and Gavaskar's Oval knock in 79 and in his last test where India lost inexplicably. Maybe it's just an Indian thing to collapse in the face of victory, would explain Sachin's poor 4th inns average as well. Pakistan have the 4th inns collapse in small chases covered though
    So let me get this straight ... are you saying the 3rd inngs perf in the match from 1990 vs a poor Aussie bowling attack was better than the Ind-vs-Aus in 2014 vs Johnson, Lyon, Harris, Siddle ? Is this what you are trying to tell us ?

    Clear straightforward answer without trying to shift the Goal post to Gavaskar, Tendulkar etc etc.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  69. #229
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,197
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an inning this has been from AB?
    He should get a 100 tomorrow as he deserves this. On a pitch where Amla and Elgar were striking fifties at 37 and 28 SR, AB just scored a 74* at SR of 90 with wkts falling from other end.

    And then you have posters calling him mentally weak cricketers. I am sure they will come back as soon as he fails again although they won't be seen anywhere now.

    I think he has elevated his test legacy after having two fantastic series against two top teams where he has carried the team single-handedly.

    How many players can play this kind of innings against an attack of S.H.C.L at a SR of 90 with no assistance from other end?

  70. #230
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,703
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think SA's slow tactics were justified somewhat by the movement & accuracy of the bowling + also by their final position today + the mindset this is a 4 test series. Putting miles in the legs of opposing fast bowlers over a long series is vital; it can just take 5% off speed it makes a big difference.

    20 run lead, 3 in hand. Conservative lead of 50 in the end probably, more if AB shines. They toughed it out & got where they needed to be + 26 overs into Starc & Hazlewood already.

    I'd say SA will need 310-320 to think they have a real potentially match winning lead in the match, considering batting last.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    1,129
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope this series convinces De Villiers to continue test cricket for another 2-3 years. Wonderful player, great to watch. Looking forward to him getting a hundred tonight.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    1,129
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    What an inning this has been from AB?
    He should get a 100 tomorrow as he deserves this. On a pitch where Amla and Elgar were striking fifties at 37 and 28 SR, AB just scored a 74* at SR of 90 with wkts falling from other end.

    And then you have posters calling him mentally weak cricketers. I am sure they will come back as soon as he fails again although they won't be seen anywhere now.

    I think he has elevated his test legacy after having two fantastic series against two top teams where he has carried the team single-handedly.

    How many players can play this kind of innings against an attack of S.H.C.L at a SR of 90 with no assistance from other end?
    He is in a different league. Only Smith can compare. Even then, when AB plays well, he is on a different planet to anyone else. I am not sure if i have ever seen a batsmen that is so comfortable vs express pace, and medium pace, and spin. No one in the world barring Smith could take on this attack in this situation IMO. AB is an all time great.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,907
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    What an inning this has been from AB?
    He should get a 100 tomorrow as he deserves this. On a pitch where Amla and Elgar were striking fifties at 37 and 28 SR, AB just scored a 74* at SR of 90 with wkts falling from other end.

    And then you have posters calling him mentally weak cricketers. I am sure they will come back as soon as he fails again although they won't be seen anywhere now.

    I think he has elevated his test legacy after having two fantastic series against two top teams where he has carried the team single-handedly.

    How many players can play this kind of innings against an attack of S.H.C.L at a SR of 90 with no assistance from other end?
    Out of curiosity, when did AB last score a test 100? It's been a long time I guess

  74. #234
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,617
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The match is well balanced at the moment. SA need to add quick runs and get to lead of of 60 plus here , and then bowl really well in second innings.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,197
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Out of curiosity, when did AB last score a test 100? It's been a long time I guess
    Before 2015 WC. Yet, he has been SA's best batsmen in 3 out of the 4 tours he played since then.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philander :

    68 run lead with AB on 98*

  77. #237
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    861
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played ABD

  78. #238
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    1,889
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally, a well deserved 100 for AB. On another level to others.


    I am not one of those who when expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    422
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PP experts are too harsh on AB. A genius in every format.

  80. #240
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    861
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Abbas you beast!!!!</p>&mdash; Dale Steyn (@DaleSteyn62) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaleSteyn62/status/972759696317845504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •