Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA side are literally Kagiso and AB only. Philander is there but not as crucial as those two.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to get them under 150.Australia's tail is quite handy.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Game on knife edge - had it been 4 down, I would have said on even keel. AUS will need to add another 170 at least. St George's wicket normally is better than usual in 4th innings.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    INSPIRED by AB de Villiers’ record sixth century against Australia and his 22nd overall, the Standard Bank Proteas lower-order replaced the drought of Durban with the runs feast of Port Elizabeth to make an important contribution to their side’s commanding position on day three of the second Sunfoil Test match at St. George’s Park on Sunday.

The combined effort of De Villiers and the tail gave the Proteas a healthy first innings lead of 139 and, although a fighting partnership between Usman Khawaja and Mitchell Marsh enabled them to wipe out the deficit, they had to pay a heavy price and by the close were an effective 41/5 with the second new ball only 17 overs away.

As has happened in the past De Villiers gave the impression of being on a different planet to all the other batsmen on both sides. His unbeaten 126 came off just 146 balls (20 fours and a six) came at a rate far quicker than anybody else had managed before he ran out of partners when Lungi Ngidi was run out. And it would have come even quicker but for the fact that he had to shepherd his less talented partners as Australia were prepared to give him singles to attack the tail.

His six centuries against Australia puts him one ahead of the previous record he shared with two legends of the past – Graeme Pollock and Eddie Barlow – as well as two of his modern contemporaries – Jacques Kallis and Hashim Amla. His 22nd century overall puts him one ahead of Gary Kirsten and gives him fourth position outright on South Africa’s all-time list with only Kallis, Amla and Graeme Smith ahead of him.

In the context of the match and series position, today’s century ranks alongside his fourth innings century (also unbeaten) to enable the Proteas to chase down a total in excess of 400 at Perth in 2008 as his best effort against these redoubtable opponents.

Remarkably, he has yet to be dismissed by a bowler in the series, having run out of first innings partners both here and at Durban and being run out in the second innings at Durban.

In the first Test match the Proteas only managed to put on 12 runs for the last four wickets in the first innings and 15 in the second. The big turnaround here saw the last four wickets contribute 199 to the total. And one should also not forget the contribution that Kagiso Rabada as night watchman made to the second wicket partnership of 45 with Dean Elgar.

Vernon Philander (36 off 85 balls, 5 fours) and Keshav Maharaj, who later claimed the important wicket of Steve Smith (30 off 24 balls, 3 fours and 2 sixes), provided the support De Villiers needed to reach his century – the first since he restarted his Test career at the start of this season.

Rabada has continued to have a huge match, adding 3 second innings wickets so far to the 5 he took in the first innings. His new ball spell this afternoon was special as he bowled with pace, accuracy and hostility and was rewarded with the important wicket of David Warner. In later spells he added Shaun Marsh and Khawaja to the list after the latter had shared a stand of 87 with Mitchell Marsh.

Overall it was a wonderful day of Test cricket with almost 300 runs being scored for the loss of 8 wickets.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ngidi is such a class act. Unbelievable talent.
    However I'm concerned about his fitness and his fragile back. He was all over Khawaja, but Faf had to take him off the attack after the fifth over to protect him. The way he got the ball to nip away from the lefties was a sight to behold. I would like to see him leaner though, his frame is a bit big for a fast bowler as such I could see him breaking down a lot.

On a positive note though it is clear as daylight that he is far superior to Morkel, there's no debate about that. The control he has on offer at such a young age, needles to say Morkel won't be missed.

If he is to be a tier one bowler though he needs to be able to bowl 7/8 over spells like Rabada did earlier. He bowled an absolute demon spell. Completely bullied Warner who had no clue.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shout out to Maharaj too, his success will be dependent on how regular SA post 300+ totals though. He has taken wickets everywhere he has played, including green tops in England. The best spinner going around ATM, yet to play a Test in the subcontinent and still has a few five-fors and 60+ wickets. I could see him being the first South African spinner taking 300 wickets. Humble bloke goes about his business without the credit he deserves.
    How on earth he averages below 30 based on how brittle SA's batting has been over the last 24 months is beyond me. We've barely given him anything to bowl to. But he keeps plugging away in unfavourable conditions. Keep it up man.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Shout out to Maharaj too, his success will be dependent on how regular SA post 300+ totals though. He has taken wickets everywhere he has played, including green tops in England. The best spinner going around ATM, yet to play a Test in the subcontinent and still has a few five-fors and 60+ wickets. I could see him being the first South African spinner taking 300 wickets. Humble bloke goes about his business without the credit he deserves.
    How on earth he averages below 30 based on how brittle SA's batting has been over the last 24 months is beyond me. We've barely given him anything to bowl to. But he keeps plugging away in unfavourable conditions. Keep it up man.
    Ind played Maharaj pretty well (dropped from team midway in the series IIRC) he may get lot of success vs AUS, ENG and NZ.

Sub continental teams will play him well and target him as weaklink in SA test attack.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope Marsh plays positively. An hour of him playing his shots could push Australia to a competitive score and will put SA under pressure. At the moment SA are on top as Australian batsmen will have to start again on this pitch. Won't be an easy start.

Good test match so far.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I hope Marsh plays positively. An hour of him playing his shots could push Australia to a competitive score and will put SA under pressure. At the moment SA are on top as Australian batsmen will have to start again on this pitch. Won't be an easy start.

Good test match so far.
    AB masterclass century deserves test win, hope SA wins this test for the legend

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    AB masterclass century deserves test win, hope SA wins this test for the legend
    AB played a good knock. The difference in the game so far. Although Rabada has bowled well.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ind played Maharaj pretty well (dropped from team midway in the series IIRC) he may get lot of success vs AUS, ENG and NZ.

Sub continental teams will play him well and target him as weaklink in SA test attack.
    Wasn't Ashwin "dropped midway" through the series himself?
    I'm not sure I get the point TBH.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Steyn is fit and available for the Cape Town Test should Rabada be suspended.
    Lyon was fined 15% of his match fee for trying to crack AB's ribs, Warner 100% match fee for wanting to assault an opposition player, had to be physically restrained. Meanwhile Rabada is in danger of missing a crucial series where they have all the moment and Australia on the carpet, for a nothing shoulder charge (if we can call it that).
    The ICC needs to get its ducks in a row.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ABís best ever knock. Went from a boy to a man with that one.

Well done.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australians in real trouble in this one ..... won’t be surprised if they pull some stunts on the field !!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    AB’s best ever knock. Went from a boy to a man with that one.

Well done.
    Best part was he was playing attritional cricket for an hour or so. Evey single ball was tailing in full length. He was just waiting. Then after an edged 4 he smashed cummins for 2 more fours in the same over. He gradually came on to his own. It was a carefully constructed innings. Later on ball stopped swinging . One rush of blood shot could have tilted the game in favor of Australia. That restraint he showed early on was the feature of the innings.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Ashwin "dropped midway" through the series himself?
    I'm not sure I get the point TBH.
    Ashwin is too good at home undroppable, that will not be the case for Maharaj (SA pitches traditionally won't support Spin).

Maharaj will miss most of home matches vs sub-continental (SC) teams. He has to find way to tackle SC players who play spin well. Same case with Imran Thahir in LOI, not much success vs SC teams.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    Overall:
    Ind 2013-2018: Played 53 Won 29 Lost 11 Drawn 10
    Pak 1985-1993: Played 61 Won 19 Lost 10 Drawn 32

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

Away:
    Ind 2013-2018: Played 27 Won 9 Lost 10 Drawn 8
    Pak 1985-1993: Played 33 Won 7 Lost 8 Drawn 18

In B4 you start to water down current Era and arbitrarily big up the older ERA's. Just keep in mind that you have not been able to substantiate any of the nostalgia influenced ratings that you swear by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Iím not sure you understand those stats.

The key is the draws. Imran Khanís team drew Tests - and series - in which they were being dominated, whereas no modern team can.

Three consecutive 1-1 series against the West Indies!

If you consider the Durban Test, Imranís Pakistan would have batted two days to save it. But none of the modern teams can do that. Thatís the difference. No team of the last decade has the quality to save those losing causes.

And to be fair, India did the same thing in Pakistan in 89-90, when they drew a four Test series 0-0.
    Nobody considers a draw as a great achievement. And the Draws in the 80s were turgid yawn fests no better than watching paint dry. Typical of the low intensity cricket that was the norm back then.

India Winning 10 more Tests than Pak in 8 fewer matches ( 63 vs 51 ) is by far the better achievement of the two.

Please post links of Test matches where Imrans team batted 2 days to save test matches in the 4th inngs. At max there would be 3-4 occasions(and I havent looked at statsguru ).
    There is no example of Pak team batting 2 days highest is 129 overs vs WI.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...m;view=innings

Besides that just simple basic understanding of Test Cricket will tell you that <s>not</s> allowing your opposition to get so far ahead so many times in the 1st inngs that you are left with the option of blocking for a day and more is in no way a greater achievement than a Team which got in that position much lesser.

Anyhow here is the list of all 180+ inngs ... there is only 5-6 and guess what they are all from the 1st inngs.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...m;view=innings

So like with *EVERYTHING* that is claimed by old ERA fanatics this is yet another instance of trying to convert a half truth into something that is not even remotely close to fact.

This is why I never ever take anything said about the old era at face value.

@Junaids

Minor correction.
    So let me get this straight ... are you saying the 3rd inngs perf in the match from 1990 vs a poor Aussie bowling attack was better than the Ind-vs-Aus in 2014 vs Johnson, Lyon, Harris, Siddle ? Is this what you are trying to tell us ?

Clear straightforward answer without trying to shift the Goal post to Gavaskar, Tendulkar etc etc.
    And then there be Silence as always

@Junaids @Adijazz1706

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then there be Silence as always

@Junaids @Adijazz1706
    We have lives mate On topic, failing to survive 9 overs of Lyon is pretty damning

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    We have lives mate
    doesnt seem to come in your way of posting on match tread ..

On topic, failing to survive 9 overs of Lyon is pretty damning

Tyour great 90s teams top order crumbling against to a noname bowling attack on D3 is even more damning ... BTW India still played out more overs on D5 than Pakistan did on D1 in that test match you crow about.

I see you are determined to not answer to my questions then ?

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is too good at home undroppable, that will not be the case for Maharaj (SA pitches traditionally won't support Spin).

Maharaj will miss most of home matches vs sub-continental (SC) teams. He has to find way to tackle SC players who play spin well. Same case with Imran Thahir in LOI, not much success vs SC teams.
    Ashwin was dropped like Maharaj, what he does in India is irrelevant to my post.
    In any case Maharaj averages 28 in SA and 27 away without having set foot in the subcontinent. I'm not sure what your point is TBH. And no, Maharaj will play most matches in South Africa except in Johannesburg. Whether the opposition is from Asia or not will not influence selection, conditions will.

Averaged 30 against Sri Lanka having played in green tracks, was striking at 57. To put that in perspective Herath averaged 48, striking at 88 in the very same series. Did well against Bangladesh too.
    I expect him to do a decent job against Pakistan as well in December. I'm not sure what you're trying to contradict.

Outside Asia (and good for nothing Windies) Maharaj already has two five-fors away and two in South Africa. That is incredible.
    Maharaj AWAY: 9 Matches, 36 WKTS, 27 avg, 2.84 EC, 57 S.R.
    Ashwin 11 Matches, 31 WKTS, 50 avg, 3.18 EC, 95 S.R. 0 5-fors.

No one is calling Maharaj the best thing since sliced bread or anything of sorts, but he definitely deserves a bit of respect.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So we'll probably lose Rabada to a ban, but Steyn might return for the third test...

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I hope he doesn't break down AGAIN. Then again, he deserves all the chances he wants.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rabada

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an athlete this Rabada guy is !! Pitch not doing anything but he is still unplayable.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An extremely well-deserved 10-fer for Rabada. He is ahead of AB in the MoM race for now.

I am not one of those who when expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Rabada is too good #superstar

#MPGA

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a dud this Mike Haysman is !! Asking Border to repeat his praise for AB that he told before play started. Talk about being a cheerleader.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rabada is brilliant. He can take over from Steyn as the premier SA quick and premium world quick.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philander sir is so much conditions-dependent. Rabada is on the way to become a GOAT like Steyn.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada has 4 10 fer's in his short career so far only behind steyn who has got 5

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Philander may be condition dependent but he is still important here. He bowls economically and builds pressure, plus he chips in with the bat.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Philander sir is so much conditions-dependent. Rabada is on the way to become a GOAT like Steyn.
    Only difference between Philander and Ashwin is that , Philander can keep one end quiet when conditions are not in his favour. Ashwin will get smacked

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada has 9 5w and 4 10w hauls in 28 tests. Already No 2 for SA in 10w hauls. Steyn has taken 86 tests for 5 10w hauls.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Australia wont have enough to get to the stage where reverse swing kicks in.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A test match only last 3 days and a session or so

This pitch is far better than this to bat on,have to say that ausis batted poorly or in other way rabada was too good for them
    Last edited by Protea Fan; 12th March 2018 at 07:59.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So another offence (send-off of Warner) for Rabada, they definitely want to get him banned. Pathetic, really.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Rabada has 9 5w and 4 10w hauls in 28 tests. Already No 2 for SA in 10w hauls. Steyn has taken 86 tests for 5 10w hauls.
    When was the last time a Pakistani fast bowler took a 10 fer in a test?

When was the last time a Pakistan fast bowler had 2 5w hauls in a series?

How many times in the last 5 years?

So much for a fast bowling nation.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada has equalled his overall haul in the India series on flatter surfaces and that too in just 2 tests.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    101 to win.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the third test now. 1-1 guaranteed from here.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samplepiece View Post
    Looking forward to the third test now. 1-1 guaranteed from here.
    Nice jinx

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada was charged by the ICC with a Level 1 Offence agan. After taking Warner's wicket yesterday.He celebrated,it was reported to be unpleasant.

Rabada should just bring a lawyer to every Test match. Such laws are killing the game.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that may be the last we see of him in this series

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    Rabada was charged by the ICC with a Level 1 Offence agan. After taking Warner's wicket yesterday.He celebrated,it was reported to be unpleasant.

Rabada should just bring a lawyer to every Test match. Such laws are killing the game.
    ICC/CA conspiracy to remove him from the series. Apparently Marsh told him "f*** you c***", yet we haven't heard anything in that regard.

I hope Steyn plays in his place and has the best two games of his life.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    Nice jinx
    No way SA losng this whatever be the scenario

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rabada and Cummins are the present/future of the fast bowling.

Both are beasts. If Cummins doesn't break down again then both will go toe to toe for next 10 years.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    Nice jinx
    Why would I jinx the Saffers?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin was dropped like Maharaj, what he does in India is irrelevant to my post.
    In any case Maharaj averages 28 in SA and 27 away without having set foot in the subcontinent. I'm not sure what your point is TBH. And no, Maharaj will play most matches in South Africa except in Johannesburg. Whether the opposition is from Asia or not will not influence selection, conditions will.

Averaged 30 against Sri Lanka having played in green tracks, was striking at 57. To put that in perspective Herath averaged 48, striking at 88 in the very same series. Did well against Bangladesh too.
    I expect him to do a decent job against Pakistan as well in December. I'm not sure what you're trying to contradict.

Outside Asia (and good for nothing Windies) Maharaj already has two five-fors away and two in South Africa. That is incredible.
    Maharaj AWAY: 9 Matches, 36 WKTS, 27 avg, 2.84 EC, 57 S.R.
    Ashwin 11 Matches, 31 WKTS, 50 avg, 3.18 EC, 95 S.R. 0 5-fors.

No one is calling Maharaj the best thing since sliced bread or anything of sorts, but he definitely deserves a bit of respect.
    Performance vs SL is hardly any indicator ...Let's see how he does vs Pak later in the year and sub-continental conditions in future tours.

My point is Maharaj yet to overcome challenge of bowling to good sub-continental batsman ... Agree that he had good start to his career

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    What a dud this Mike Haysman is !! Asking Border to repeat his praise for AB that he told before play started. Talk about being a cheerleader.
    Mike Haysman commentry in SA tours is the most irritating thing we fans need to bear

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AB simply on another level.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC is destroying a young fast bowler's mentality.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB has yet to be dismissed in this series.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AB has killed the game in a matter of 15 deliveries.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amla

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ... and AB

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA choking...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If AB wins this series for us and the one next year against England. He will have made up for the lamentable sabbatical.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    What a champion bowler - take a bow kid.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If AB wins this series for us and the one next year against England. He will have made up for the lamentable sabbatical.
    Do you mean the World Cup?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well deserved victory for SA.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted on a cricket forum some years ago that Rabada would be the next best fast bowler and here we have it, one of his definitive performances. Exceptional...although the batsmen tried to undo all his hardwork lol

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    KAGISO RABADA set the tone for what turned out to be the final day’s play as he dismissed Mitchell Marsh with his sixth delivery to set the Standard Bank Proteas up for a series-levelling six-wicket victory over Australia at St. George’s Park on Monday.

Rabada went on to finish with 3 of the 5 wickets on the final morning as the Proteas were left to score 101 for victory.

Rabada’s innings return of 6/104 gave him his fourth 10-wicket haul at this level, only one shy of Dale Steyn’s South African best.

As this is only his 28th Test match the 22-year-old could rewrite the South African bowling record book.

He has taken 30 wickets in five Tests in the current calendar year and this was his second 10-fer this summer.

AB de Villiers unbeaten century in the first innings must have pushed him hard as Rabada took the Sunfoil Man of the Match award with his match figures of 11/150.

The lesson from this match for the Proteas was that they need their big-name players to fire when they come across opponents of this quality – and De Villiers and Rabada did that.

The two teams now move on to PPC Newlands for the third Sunfoil Test match starting on Thursday week with the final Test over the Easter weekend at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg.

The Sunfoil Education Trust (SET) benefited to the tune of R225 000 from this match from the boundaries and sixes struck by the two sides and the wickets taken, bringing the cumulative total for the series to date to R479 000.
    Last edited by hadi123; 12th March 2018 at 16:51.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB should have remained not out. That would have been the mental advantage they could carry to next test.

Anways, as per my prediction, SA won the match and levelled the series. Heck, I even predicted AB getting a 100 in this match. Now let see what is there ahead in the series.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is Rabada banned or not?

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    So is Rabada banned or not?
    yes, he is banned for the next two matches. And from the looks of it, Steyn will not be back till the fourth test match. So Morkel, Philander, and Ngidi are playing in the third test.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Do you mean the World Cup?
    Referring to Tests, we haven't beaten the English in a long time at home (conversely, prior to our last tour to England) and the Australians. That would complete his CV in a sense that he'd be winning those series on his own based on current evidence. He was pivotal against India, more of the same against Australia and England and I might just consider him a great.

Tests are more important than the WC to me, important series i.e. Australia (home/away), England (home /away), India (away), Pakistan (away). If a world cup is thrown amongst the spanner we'll take it. There's no running away from the fact that our players desperately want to win it. That shouldn't come at a cost of being a substandard Test side though.