Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Ahmed Shehzad's behaviour at PSL 2018

Seems like he wants to take on the world. Arguing with opponents. Arguing with umpires. Sledging opponents including Babar Azam, Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir.

Really needs to calm it down.

Last edited by UN talkz; 10th March 2018 at 13:13.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He thinks he's a superstar when he's been a complete failure. I bet Inzi will still select him LOL.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another failure for the tuktuk king.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any lip reading experts in the house?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    It seems to be affecting his concentration also and he has just thrown his wicket away once again.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is trying to become Pakistani Kohli maybe

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mental midget
    Zero performance and showing attitude as if he is greatest cricketer ever born
    Pathetic loser

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Any lip reading experts in the house?
    I can say for sure what that last word was that Shehzad said to Amir. Very poor behaviour from him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All that mouthing off...

170 runs
    average 21
    strike-rate 88

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't read lip properly but it seems like Shehzad calling Amir a fixer here...

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    He is trying to become Pakistani Kohli maybe
    I think this is pretty spot on.

He went to NZ with an "aggressive" mindset. And is doing the same at PSL. He has been given some insight and he has internalized it completely.

Against popular sentiment, I don't mind it one bit.

I'd take his 25 off 25 and have him in the Pakistan team too. There is no Warner or Roy waiting to take his place anyway. He does give solidity to the team in an unspectacular way. There is a reason why MS like him at the top.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It seems to be affecting his concentration also and he has just thrown his wicket away once again.
    He's very capable and has shown that he's able to throw his wicket away with full concentration.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not much wrong with aggression but he has done absolutely nothing to back it. Classic example of all bark and no bite.

Although that exchange with Amir was fun to watch. Amir called that he will ball a bouncer before the delivery and Shehzad still edged it

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanna be Kohli.Ironically Kohli respects Amir a lot and vice versa.Ahmad shahzad ka attitude dekh ke ek dialouge yaad aata hai.......Aukat 144p wali,attitude 1080p wala

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badsha001 View Post
    Can't read lip properly but it seems like Shehzad calling Amir a fixer here...
    Mohammad Amir has confirmed to PakPassion that Ahmed Shehzad did not call him a fixer.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 10th March 2018 at 15:14.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    SHEHZAD is a disgrace. Has always been a two bit shoda

#MPGA

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Makes you wonder how many people hate shezhad from within the national team.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why can't can just concentrate on batting? What can he say back to the opponent when he isn't scoring runs?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All bark but no bite.He will never learn.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another grand innings today to back up his talk 3 off 10

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems to think of himself as larger than life, lol.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is the worst opener of this PSL and yet Multan did not try another opener in his place

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atrocious tourney for him.Bizzare that Masood did not get a chance

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    horrible selection by team management; Wasim Akram is so bad in this regard

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Why can't can just concentrate on batting? What can he say back to the opponent when he isn't scoring runs?
    "I will bore you to death with my batting, you better watch out!. You think I am going to hit a boundary? No! I am gonna hit straight to the fielder. Yeah.... go ahead... change your field placement, it does not matter. I am going to find a fielders no matter where you hide them!.... If I find one your fielders napping while I bat then you are in for big trouble.... Go ahead, I dare you. "

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Another grand innings today to back up his talk 3 off 10
    That's the equivalent of 300 from 100 on another pitch

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he a tool? Yes. Is he a limited stroke player who isn't really a batter who can give you 90+ SR on a consistent basis? Yes.

However, looking at Pakistani batting lineup and the squad, to an outsider, objectively speaking, he should still be a candidate for opener in tests and ODIs IMHO.

He does have some of the pre-requisites that you need to bat in the top order in international cricket. And that can't be said about some of the other options.

And going by the recent 12 months or so, he's worked on his fitness and fielding as well to try and work back into the national team. If he can get his attitude sorted and take a few more steps, he can be part of the solution for Pakistan instead of the problem. Reality is that Pakistan isn't in a position to discard him, the top order batting cupboard isn't exactly stacked.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How he's still mentioned as a partner to Fakhar Zaman in T20s is laughable.

He's spiralled downward over the last few years. Nothing has changed, barring regression.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    Is he a tool? Yes. Is he a limited stroke player who isn't really a batter who can give you 90+ SR on a consistent basis? Yes.

However, looking at Pakistani batting lineup and the squad, to an outsider, objectively speaking, he should still be a candidate for opener in tests and ODIs IMHO.

He does have some of the pre-requisites that you need to bat in the top order in international cricket. And that can't be said about some of the other options.

And going by the recent 12 months or so, he's worked on his fitness and fielding as well to try and work back into the national team. If he can get his attitude sorted and take a few more steps, he can be part of the solution for Pakistan instead of the problem. Reality is that Pakistan isn't in a position to discard him, the top order batting cupboard isn't exactly stacked.
    He has not improved an iota of his game. Not fitness, mentality, range of shots, or strike-rate. He has on top of all his batting failures, a well-documented horrendous presence in the locker room that spreads like a cancer. He is a TOOL. It is due to unfortunate circumstances, which is why he seeks the attention of an older male figure, first Afridi and now Wasim. He along with his supreme prima donna twin Umar Akmal have been the single greatest threat to the stability and resurrection of Pakistan cricket in the last decade.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    He has not improved an iota of his game. Not fitness, mentality, range of shots, or strike-rate. He has on top of all his batting failures, a well-documented horrendous presence in the locker room that spreads like a cancer. He is a TOOL. It is due to unfortunate circumstances, which is why he seeks the attention of an older male figure, first Afridi and now Wasim. He along with his supreme prima donna twin Umar Akmal have been the single greatest threat to the stability and resurrection of Pakistan cricket in the last decade.
    I don't follow Pak cricket as closely as some of you guys, but from what I've seen of him, he still looks better equipped from a skill and technique perspective, than some of the others - Khurram Manzoor etc to face int'l class bowling. I know Fakhar Zaman is the hot flavor right now, but who partners him at the top of the order? And even the best case scenario of Zaman, I don't expect his method to have lasting success. If not Shehzad then who?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    I don't follow Pak cricket as closely as some of you guys, but from what I've seen of him, he still looks better equipped from a skill and technique perspective, than some of the others - Khurram Manzoor etc to face int'l class bowling. I know Fakhar Zaman is the hot flavor right now, but who partners him at the top of the order? And even the best case scenario of Zaman, I don't expect his method to have lasting success. If not Shehzad then who?
    Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results, is the definition of Insanity. Shehzad is a proven failure on the international scene. Bringing him back will not do any good to the side rather disturb what after several years, looks like a relatively modern unit. As far as potential partners for FZ, the options are not that wide. There are however plenty of players to move up the order to accommodate that spot like @babajee pointing out that Haris could open the innings. That is the one key spot missing in our ODI team but all I know for sure, is that Shehzad is not the answer.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The PSL has shown that there are players like Hussain Talat who are more deserving of selection for Pakistan than Ahmed Shehzad.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multan shoudve chosen Mukhtar Ahmed, well gd luck next time.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    With all due respect Masood is a bigger no hoper than Shahzad so is hardly the lesser of 2 evils.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    With all due respect Masood is a bigger no hoper than Shahzad so is hardly the lesser of 2 evils.
    Trust me,I am no fan of Masood.But given his recent domestic form,there was was no harm in giving him one or two tries.He couldn’t have done worse than Shehzad.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was rightly out from team after WC15. He needs to come out with a plan to talk with his bat rather mouth.