Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"PCB will decide who does and who doesn't remain captain" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Sarfaraz Ahmed at a presser after QG beat PZ today:

"The boys are very motivated, we weren't sure about the team combination before and we didn't know what brand of cricket we'll play"

"Our main players KP and Watson have come in form and are playing crucial roles"

"Bowlers are doing well in their roles and batsmen are improving too"

"I always try to play according to the requirements of the team, whichever number is good for the team, I am willing to play there"

"Wahab Riaz has a new style of celebration, he wants his team to win and I want mine to win - we are good friends but it's good to have some heated moments during the match"

"Watson hasn't denied going to Pakistan, he said he will speak to his family. KP is KP, I hope he takes a good decision. Last year we had a big loss because our team was weakened by the loss of four main players; let's see what happens, I hope they think of whatever is best for the team but God forbid they don't come, we have backup options that we will consider"

(Uncertainty about WC 19 captain) "People keep talking. I've never demanded captaincy. I want to play for Pakistan. PCB will decide who does and who doesn't remain captain. My work is to play cricket. If I get to lead Pakistan, I will do it. It's gone well so far"

"Rahat is playing well after an injury lay-off, he's doing well on an international level platform. He was a key player in our Test team but people weren't recognising him but we picked him and he's played an important role in our wins here"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th March 2018 at 03:04.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

"Rahat is playing well after an injury lay-off, he's doing well on an international level platform. He was a key player in our Test team but people weren't recognising him but we picked him and he's played an important role in our wins here"
    I thought Rahat was dropped from the team...

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badsha001 View Post
    I thought Rahat was dropped from the team...
    Was - Referring to Rahat being a part of the Test team during the 2016 tours.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Think people should stop asking same "going to Pakistan " questions as its clear whats been said

Sarfaraz doing well as captain for Quetta and leadingbgrom front

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What's the uncertainty regarding national team captaincy? I think pretty much everyone is on board with Sarfraz being National team captain in ODIs especially. Ever since the CT the general public has been pretty much pro-Sarfraz. Some of his antics draw criticism fair enough but you'll have to really strain your ears to hear calls asking him to be removed from captaincy.

There were a few suggestions of removing him from T20 captaincy to groom the next captain in Fakhar or Shadab. Also heard some talk that Test captaincy should go to Azhar Ali. But who has asked for a captaincy change in ODIs?

Seems like some wings of the media are pushing agendas. Whose though remains to be seen.

On his batting position he really needs to start batting up the order. He has shown time and time again what he can bring to the table if he bats at 4-5. He is wasting himself at 6-7.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Sarfraz as a captain on the field but his love for his friends and some other tactics really put me off. And the fact that he's been so below average as a player recently is very annoying. Nonetheless, he is the best bet we have, however, to get the best out of him and for the best of the team, it is my opinion that Sarfraz should have absolutely no say in team selection and who makes the final XI to not because either he is not fully committed to the country and wants his friends to play OR he is really bad at making off-the-field decisions.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    What's the uncertainty regarding national team captaincy? I think pretty much everyone is on board with Sarfraz being National team captain in ODIs especially. Ever since the CT the general public has been pretty much pro-Sarfraz. Some of his antics draw criticism fair enough but you'll have to really strain your ears to hear calls asking him to be removed from captaincy.

There were a few suggestions of removing him from T20 captaincy to groom the next captain in Fakhar or Shadab. Also heard some talk that Test captaincy should go to Azhar Ali. But who has asked for a captaincy change in ODIs?

Seems like some wings of the media are pushing agendas. Whose though remains to be seen.

On his batting position he really needs to start batting up the order. He has shown time and time again what he can bring to the table if he bats at 4-5. He is wasting himself at 6-7.
    There is no uncertainty about him as ODI captain atm but a few media outlets love to keep throwing in some masala to make it seem like Sarfaraz is about to be sacked.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    I like Sarfraz as a captain on the field but his love for his friends and some other tactics really put me off. And the fact that he's been so below average as a player recently is very annoying. Nonetheless, he is the best bet we have, however, to get the best out of him and for the best of the team, it is my opinion that Sarfraz should have absolutely no say in team selection and who makes the final XI to not because either he is not fully committed to the country and wants his friends to play OR he is really bad at making off-the-field decisions.
    It's impossible for a captain to have no say in team selection.

Agreed that the team selection for QG is troubling but which 'friends' has he selected for the national team?