Threaded View

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm disappointed at not being picked in the LOI sides for the past couple of tours" : Wahab Riaz

Wahab Riaz during the post-match presentation

"We are the defending champions and obviously want to qualify for the finals but no doubt the situation seems to be a bit tough. We will have to depend on IU beating MS and that we win both of our games going forward from here.I believe that as a team we haven't played too well which is the reason why we stand at this point at the moment. If we don't qualify then I would say that we didn't deserve to qualify as our display of cricket wasn't up to the mark"

"We talk alot about young players but I feel that these young players don't get the exposure required in domestic cricket. The jump to PSL from domestic cricket is a big one since you now play with international players. Players like Shadab khan, Ruman Raees and Hasan Ali have played in the PSL in the past and have gained the experience which has helped them to perform in the international arena. We have some good players in domestic but they just lack in confidence"

"Hopefully it is clear to everyone about who is performing in this tournament and who is not. I'm satisfied with my performance in the tournament and I also picked up alot of wickets in the domestic tournament prior to the PSL. It is up to the selectors whether I get picked or not. My job is to give them a good reason and make a strong case for my selection. "

"I'm definitely disappointed about not being picked for the LOI sides for the past couple of tours. I don't consider my performances in T20s to be bad. I do feel that I've done relatively bad in ODIs but I'm trying to come out of it. I've been playing domestic cricket and several T20 leagues and trying my hardest to make a comeback. "

"I believe that Inzi bhai is a legend and knows exactly when and where to play a player and he will decide when is the right time to make my comeback"

"My performances are in front of everyone. If the national team decides that they don't need me and will go to the world cup without me then that is fine"

"Cricket is a team game. Everyone has good days and bad days out on the field. Hasan has done exceptionally well in the last 1.5 years and he is playing for the team. If he had wanted, he could've taken rest for a couple more games but he didn't. "

"I believe that if you maintain your fitness then you can always play for pakistan no matter how old you are. I've been working extremely hard and inshallah I will make a comeback"

"I wanted to show in the tournament that I'm a fast bowler and my on field aggression should show it. Thankfully I have done well and have had great support from people like Azhar Mahmood"

"I grew this moustache for this tournament. Let's see if I keep this moustache for future tournaments as well."

"Sarfaraz and I are great friends. I like annoying him and I do it deliberately. If he hits me for a four then he would celebrate his own way, but if I take a wicket then I will celebrate in a way I like "
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 11th March 2018 at 02:45.